[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oreithyia.3064

Oreithyia.3064

I would love to see many more Outfits added to the Gem Store. Specifically, an “Adventurer” or “Explorer” line of clothing, tailored for the various climates/landscapes found throughout Tyria.

I realize there are already a few that would fall under this theme, like the Pirate Captain’s Outfit (which I already own), and the Arctic Explorer Outfit and Jungle Explorer Outfit (both of which I plan to get when they’re available again). But why not expand on this?

I’m not an RPer, but I’m finding that I have an irresistible urge to “dress for the occasion” while exploring the world. And nothing makes me open my wallet faster than clothing choices. Backpacks for each theme would be most welcome as well, either bundled with the Outfit or sold separately.

Also, it would be fantastic if we could have more than one choice per climate/landscape theme. And they could be rotated in and out of the Gem Store (limited-time availability) throughout the year. Don’t like the Spelunking Outfit that’s available right now? Wait a few months until an alternate design for that theme rolls around.

Examples of climates/landscapes that I’d like to see Adventurer/Explorer clothing tailored for:

Desert/Desolate/Arid
Jungle/Rainforest (currently 1 choice: Jungle Explorer Outfit)
Plains/Prairie
Spelunking – General
Spelunking – Winter/Ice
Tropical/Coastal/Oceanic (currently 1 choice: Pirate Captain’s Outfit)
Wetlands/Swamp/Marsh
Woodlands/Forest
Mountain Range
Winter – General/Snowy
Winter – Frozen/Tundra/Glacial (currently 1 choice: Arctic Explorer Outfit)
Volcanic/Lava

I mostly just use the Jungle Explorer outfit and dye it to the appropriate color scheme.

Speaking of outfits…Princess/king outfit! Here are some pictures for inspiration. I originally was only looking for Long Live the Queen’s coronation dress but found some dresses from other pictures in the Google search that’d be great.

Big potential problem though is clipping issues. I do think the military, tutu, and scholar outfits would be great for other outfit sets.

The male equivalent is the king outfit. It’d be inspired by the uploaded picture but with some modifications.

don’t we already have the fancy winter outfit that fits the ballroom-princess?
And the human male wedding outfit looks a lot like a classical fairytal prince design.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I would love to see many more Outfits added to the Gem Store. Specifically, an “Adventurer” or “Explorer” line of clothing, tailored for the various climates/landscapes found throughout Tyria.

I realize there are already a few that would fall under this theme, like the Pirate Captain’s Outfit (which I already own), and the Arctic Explorer Outfit and Jungle Explorer Outfit (both of which I plan to get when they’re available again). But why not expand on this?

I’m not an RPer, but I’m finding that I have an irresistible urge to “dress for the occasion” while exploring the world. And nothing makes me open my wallet faster than clothing choices. Backpacks for each theme would be most welcome as well, either bundled with the Outfit or sold separately.

Also, it would be fantastic if we could have more than one choice per climate/landscape theme. And they could be rotated in and out of the Gem Store (limited-time availability) throughout the year. Don’t like the Spelunking Outfit that’s available right now? Wait a few months until an alternate design for that theme rolls around.

Examples of climates/landscapes that I’d like to see Adventurer/Explorer clothing tailored for:

Desert/Desolate/Arid
Jungle/Rainforest (currently 1 choice: Jungle Explorer Outfit)
Plains/Prairie
Spelunking – General
Spelunking – Winter/Ice
Tropical/Coastal/Oceanic (currently 1 choice: Pirate Captain’s Outfit)
Wetlands/Swamp/Marsh
Woodlands/Forest
Mountain Range
Winter – General/Snowy
Winter – Frozen/Tundra/Glacial (currently 1 choice: Arctic Explorer Outfit)
Volcanic/Lava

I mostly just use the Jungle Explorer outfit and dye it to the appropriate color scheme.

Speaking of outfits…Princess/king outfit! :D Here are some pictures for inspiration. I originally was only looking for Long Live the Queen’s coronation dress but found some dresses from other pictures in the Google search that’d be great.

Big potential problem though is clipping issues. I do think the military, tutu, and scholar outfits would be great for other outfit sets.

The male equivalent is the king outfit. It’d be inspired by the uploaded picture but with some modifications.

don’t we already have the fancy winter outfit that fits the ballroom-princess?
And the human male wedding outfit looks a lot like a classical fairytal prince design.

Kinda but one can never have too many variations ^_^ The male wedding outfit has a military look to it (a good one) and doesn’t really have a crown. I mean like a robbed king with the white and black fuzzy stuff at the edges. Like I said though a poofy sleeved elegant princess outfit would be great but clipping issues mean it’d have to be somewhat toned down but still fabulous.

I like the Fancy Wintersday outfit but it’s very wintery themed and doesn’t have that silky or satiny texture to it. Equestrian clothes would be nice too and people want more pant options for female characters anyway. I’d like a good crown for my male charr without his mane completely disappearing :(

Posted by: Paralux.6714

Paralux.6714

- Sell different voice replacements i want atleast 5 different voices that i can replace my human male character with, yeah i know this doesn’t add much but it can give MUCH NEEDED MORE CUSTOMIZATION [quote from op]

This ^

- Also as mentioned, new horn choices for charr in Total Makeover Kit. I love playing as a female charr (I have three) but only one or two of those horns you can choose look as kitten as those which you can choose for male charr. :<

m e s m e r <3

(edited by Paralux.6714)

Posted by: IAMANDLOVE.3095

IAMANDLOVE.3095

it would be really nice if we can buy legendary armor from the gem store!

Posted by: Alteraphim.4629

Alteraphim.4629

Ok, I think we are all wondering what the status of the “Infinite Tonic of the Taco” is? I would still like to be a Taco.

Posted by: Korosukuma.1927

Korosukuma.1927

Bring “Mask of the Silent” back.
I neeeeeeed it.

Agemnon.4608

Ok, I think we are all wondering what the status of the “Infinite Tonic of the Taco” is? I would still like to be a Taco.

I’d like to be a tree ^_^

Posted by: Millapixel.1509

Millapixel.1509

I would love to see more clothing in the store which changes depending on the wearers culture, like the chef outfit or the wedding attire. I bought the weeding attire recently and I’ve been using it on my Norn female character obsessively, since there aren’t really any dresses which look like something a Norn would wear as part of their culture. I especially like it as it looks inspired by Saxon and Norman clothing!

As a side not to that, currently the majority of dresses or skirts are short, or have a higher hem at the front, I would really like to see some which are full length all the way around.

I really like to switch between some of the different outfits I have, but I like very different colour schemes on them so it’s annoying that changing the colour scheme on one seems to be changing all of them for me. Is that an intended feature or a bug? I would really like if the dye choices could be connected to the specific outfits, rather than be a general shared thing between them.

Posted by: Millapixel.1509

Millapixel.1509

I’d like to be a tree

There is a mysterious infinite tonic which turns your character into a random tree from the game! I have it and it’s really fun to randomly turn into a tree at people. :P

Posted by: SirBlunticus.4258

SirBlunticus.4258

I am writing this because for me it is an issue.
I love this game, play it the majority of my free time.
I am blind in one eye and sometimes in a big boss battles its tough trying to keep track of my pointer. I will lose it and then have to figure out where it is by moving my mouse around.
This can be a lucrative opportunity for you ANet!
-Adding different pointers (hello cod fans!, how about a skull or star for your pointer….a green triangle…hell a pink one? And the ability to make it a bit larger or more noticeable over all the spells and stuff going on.)
I think this is a win win for the developers since it can be purchased by gems to unlock. Annnnnd you can make different reticles for those who want to add style!
This further adds more customization to a game that from my play experience is all about options.
Please ANet make this happen, it would help for me….im sure for others too. There has to be people out there with vision problems who adore this game. I would pay to have it on my account.

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

Guild Wars 1 weapon packs. Anet devs, read this post. I’ll even provide you guys with the gem store write up.

Tyrian Weapon Pack One

Double click to gain access to some of the most sought after skins from the original GW game. This pack includes; Storm bow, Chaos axe, Eternal shield, spikey war hammer etc

Factions Weapon Pack One

Double click to gain access to some of the best Cantha has to offer. This pack includes; Echovald shield, Bladed shield, Ornate shield, Oni blade, Gothic blade etc

Give us these skins and don’t kittenize them like you did with the crystalline blade and tyrian hand axe

Please anet, my money is waiting for you, but not for nonsense like RNG boxes or town clothes. Im a skin kitten and it would please me to no end to have some of my favorite, and im sure other peoples favorites put in the game

That is a p2p concept. The only reason it worked in gw1 was because the max level was 20 and it was easy to get a maxed weapon stat. And at the time the only way to sell items was spam WTS. There was no trading post. This would also destroy TP and the economy.

Posted by: Barinthus.8347

Barinthus.8347

Potion that turns my character into a taco.

team up with Taco Bell for a corporate deal such as character appearance and that rat-dog as a mini!

Seeking Deaf Players. People who don’t use voice software welcome too!

Posted by: Raistlin.3210

Raistlin.3210

GW2 definitely needs more hooded robes sets on the store, or
TAKE OFF THE RESTRICTIONS ON THE COSMETIC SYSTEM SO YOU CAN USE THE APPEARANCE OF ANY PIECE OF GEAR ON ANY CLASS OF TOON
for a game where the only “Upgrades” are PURE cosmetic, there certainly isnt that many choices
It is my Opinion that ALL of the cloth outfits and ALL of the leather outfits SUCK for caster classes (mes, ele, necro, druid)
minus a couple of items, like the Reaper hood, and Grenth hood, and the outfit Robe (arcane outfit) from the gemstore
unless your female, in which most of the outfits look sexy and awesome
i would really like to see some more Hooded robe type stuff , hopefully as outfits or skins sets , so my druid can look like a druid and not a gunslinger from star wars lol

(I would also like to see more time and effort put into staff skins, it seems like they blow there load on swords and whatever, and staves get the shaft..no pun intended
go look at some Larry elmore, clyde cawdwell art ffs)

Examples___
(see images)

Attachments:

Posted by: Kiba.9743

Kiba.9743

While I prefer skins so I can mix and match, I like Cultural Outfits a lot. Like the Cook’s Outfit and Wedding Outfit. They change based on the race putting it on. As a sylvari, we do not have a whole lot of cultural options and it is cool to have those unique options.

“Nothing clears a troubled mind better than shooting a bow”

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Exalted Burnishers helmet. I’ll pay anything to get it for a Knight-look, I beg you!

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

I am writing this because for me it is an issue.
I love this game, play it the majority of my free time.
I am blind in one eye and sometimes in a big boss battles its tough trying to keep track of my pointer. I will lose it and then have to figure out where it is by moving my mouse around.
This can be a lucrative opportunity for you ANet!
-Adding different pointers (hello cod fans!, how about a skull or star for your pointer….a green triangle…hell a pink one? And the ability to make it a bit larger or more noticeable over all the spells and stuff going on.)
I think this is a win win for the developers since it can be purchased by gems to unlock. Annnnnd you can make different reticles for those who want to add style!
This further adds more customization to a game that from my play experience is all about options.
Please ANet make this happen, it would help for me….im sure for others too. There has to be people out there with vision problems who adore this game. I would pay to have it on my account.

I think, given the reason for the necessity of it (i.e. situations like yours), a more obvious cursor option is probably something they should add for free (or, you know, inclusive in the original price).

If they wanted to then also add fancy cursor options to the gemstore, as well, that would be fine; but I don’t think it should be necessary for people to have to pay extra, just to be able to find their cursor easily.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: McWolfy.5924

McWolfy.5924

A baguett sword
White flag focus (or sword. Could be epic if you slash enemys with dual white flags. Or maybe staff)
Ham bow
A smoking pipe warhorn
Meat shield
Axe desodor
Hammer with cant stop this subbtitle
Guns with roses
Sign post staffs

WSR→Piken→Deso→Piken→FSP→Deso
Just the WvW
R3200+

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Got inspired for this after discussion about pocket raptors. I propose…

Backpack Raptor!

Who wouldn’t want a little raptor bobbing around in a sporty jungle backpack?
(No really, shut up and take my money. I will throw money at this. >.>)

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

For those who have been asking all year for it, please go look in the gem store. The Grenth Hood is there now. Please buy it so you don’t have to ask for another year due to not realizing it was actually there for a while.

Posted by: gclhoutx.7234

gclhoutx.7234

I know it’s been suggested before but more Cantha and Tengu related items, heck even better yet more items, quests, lore and story for that matter. Basically more of a Japanese theme of items. From the looks of it seems I probably would have liked the Guild Wars Factions since it seems to have some of that type of theme. Since it also ties in with the new Revenant profession due to the story regarding about Shiro.

Granted your artists work hard at what they do but I don’t know if it’s just me but the majority of the items from weapons, armor, etc… all have an aesthetic appearance I don’t really care for. Also I get it from a story aspect from gathering from the wiki that the current invasion has the Cantha region supposedly cutoff.

I imagine it’s probably because I have always had a fascination of Japanese, Oriental and eastern culture.

Posted by: Sheobix.8796

Sheobix.8796

I would love a pocket raptor backpack.

Posted by: Felix.7586

Felix.7586

A mini Mushroom Stomper was datamined months ago, I’m still hoping it gets released any time soon

Otherwise i’d appreciate a Mini Stonehead

Posted by: Ngeluz.4860

Ngeluz.4860

I like this ideas, I only would add that you can change or edit Gliders colors

EDIT: Oh I forgot I like skin and outfits:

Skins/Armor let me use Exalted Glowing armor like that beautiful glider and Weapons but I could see my characters skin…

Outfit that looks like an Exalted Balthasar that would let you change the color of the glow would look extremely cool!

An exalted finisher as a bonus would be awesome!

All would go perfect with my favorite Exalted glider skin!!

(edited by Ngeluz.4860)

Posted by: Fruners.7083

Fruners.7083

Bring back Fancy Winter Outfit!

Attachments:

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Griffin mini that flies around your character

Posted by: noir.6392

noir.6392

A staff with the Dhuum Scythe skin from GW1! <3

Posted by: InvaGir.9158

InvaGir.9158

Bandit Sniper outfit for 700-800 gems please without the combo pack
I don’t care about the rest of the stuff only the outfit:(

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

A Valkyrie helmet like this, but leaving a bit of the hair if the hairstyle is long beneath it

Attachments:

Posted by: Nath Forge Tempete.1645

Nath Forge Tempete.1645

I want a ministry of purity outfit plz =D

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

I would buy a guild name change contract on the gemstore for 800 gems. It’s fine if it was just a once in a while item on there. All I need is the chance to change our guild’s name once. I’d be truly grateful.

Posted by: CodeCypher.1589

CodeCypher.1589

I for one, now that we have Scrapper for engi, would love to see a gyrocopter mail carrier, anyone with me?

Posted by: Seyiwaji.4082

Seyiwaji.4082

It is a cold winter, It is time to bring back some Flamekissed armor.

and i support the idea of some exalted armor giving the wearer some exalted effect.

Posted by: Fubukitsune.8359

Fubukitsune.8359

It’s SoOoOoO Cold! I need:
BUNNY EARS!
http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bunny_Ears
——————————————————————————
Put them in a -cough- bundle for 2000 gems with some various outfit (fancy winter outfit?) and the new snowglider? I would buy it in a heart beat~!!!!!!
——————————————————————————
Bunny ears, everything else has returned 3-5 times by now.
I like many others have been waiting for this item to return for nearly 2 years now. You have the skin codes, easy money, well unless you hate money. I know it’s not cause it is out of place in tyria cause…well we have cat hats, panda hats, frog hats, quaggan back packs, goofy outfits/skins and spooky outfits/skins.
I’m sure had we known previously the town clothes bunny ear head item would be a skin most of us would have bought them and then fewer would be ranting….“bunny ears or riot”.
-cough-
My endless tears still flow QQ
———————————————————————-
*ALSO hoping maybe in the future we will see two toned hair options for human and Norn. (similar to the asura and sylvari) Also add some extra accessory colors to our self style and total makeover kits tab for more hair accessory variety (maybe even unlock our account dyes for it).

Attachments:

(edited by Fubukitsune.8359)

Posted by: Munch.9863

Munch.9863

Bring back grenth hood please

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Bring back grenth hood please

The Grenth hood is currently in the gemstore, for 500 gems.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

A tengu finisher – similar to the rytlock one (not necesarily a revenant)!

Kima & Co

Agemnon.4608

A Valkyrie helmet like this, but leaving a bit of the hair if the hairstyle is long beneath it

The crafted ascended heavy helmet would have been so great for my charr warrior…but it makes him bald :( They add weird parts to some hats to hide the fact that it makes them bald since hair would clip through the helmets yet if the obstructions weren’t there the character’s hair would suspiciously be gone. So there wouldn’t be hair due to how the engine is :(

There’s already the glorious helmet:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor_

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

Dear Designers at Anet,

I would like some Hair Ribbons that doesn’t cover the hair. Can you make it possible, please? Here are some ideas, I hope you take a look at them.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

The day Anet releases a mini job-o-tron/hobo-tron/hero-tron I will be extremely happy

Attachments:

Posted by: Vephar.8475

Vephar.8475

Suggestion: A glint mail carrier.

Donari.5237

The day Anet releases a mini job-o-tron/hobo-tron/hero-tron I will be extremely happy

I thought there was one as a PvP reward but I don’t see it in the wiki. I can only find Ho-Ho-Tron with all the lights.

Donari.5237

Whoops, I didn’t realize the bug was here, I left it unfixed while I browsed elsewhere, sorry.

What price in gems for working forums?

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

No more wings. Please Guild Wars refrain from being just like every other MMO with the stupid cosmetics that relate nothing to the game.
Maybe some more god related stuff, Lyssa mask, Dwayna crown, and also more class related things like more Elementalist jewels, Necromancer claws, etc. for 250-400 gems depending.

Posted by: GUN EM DOWN.4078

GUN EM DOWN.4078

Please put this back in the gem store my guild wants this to be our official outfit.

Buff black chick | Esportsmanship | pref my eggs kicked | big black glock | peekaboo stance

the original dab daddy

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

While you’re at it. Bring back the bunny ears, our guild would like them to be official head-wear.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Agree.

I was planning to buy it and where it for the HOT launch. I waited too long. I think it was removed right before Halloween outfits were introduced.

For me, it would have been perfect outfit for the jungle. Hope they reintroduce it.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

No more wings. Please Guild Wars refrain from being just like every other MMO with the stupid cosmetics that relate nothing to the game.
Maybe some more god related stuff, Lyssa mask, Dwayna crown, and also more class related things like more Elementalist jewels, Necromancer claws, etc. for 250-400 gems depending.

Then you sort of missed the point about the microtransactions, it’s all about the cosmetics.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/mike-obrien-on-microtransactions-in-guild-wars-2/

Here’s our philosophy on microtransactions: We think players should have the opportunity to spend money on items that provide visual distinction and offer more ways to express themselves.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Cyleste.7583

Cyleste.7583

I don’t know if this had been suggested before but I’d love a Shatterer mini : )

I’d also love some new looks for the ladies. Specifically something with heels in an armor set so I can wear the heels with other armor sets.

Posted by: Cyleste.7583

Cyleste.7583

And one more thing, can you please bring back the mini avian pack? I want to buy it for the Raven mini : )

(edited by Cyleste.7583)

Posted by: Hantu.2815

Hantu.2815

what i would buy without a second tough:

1- different options for voiceovers. I don’t even care about cutscene voices, i just am very tired of the same “I can outrun a centaur!” over and over and over again, from every direction. If at least my character sounded differently, i would be happy.

2- More GW1 legacy skins. the Monk outfit was a great start, now i would like the Elite Druid, Elite Stormforged, Obsidian Ritualist, Obsidian Monk. We have many skins that look like the GW1 skins that are already in game, but nothing really looks like the above

3- Wigs. Basically helmet skins that look like hair that i can put on and take off when i please without using makeover kits. That would allow to also “interchange” hairs among races

4- More skins like the Zodiac series, but with the ability to dye the sparkly blue that cannot be changed on the current Zodiac models

5- Bloodstone dust that we can buy with Gems (ok this one was a joke)