[Suggestions] Gemstore Items

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

I know at least my friends and my self would like to see the candy corn gobbler again.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Posted by: Abdel Muhti.6431

Abdel Muhti.6431

^(°-°)^ Ram Backpack ^(°-°)^

Posted by: Chiltonium.7643

Chiltonium.7643

I would pay 104534345345320 dollars for asura dodge roll on my sylvari, as well as animations for GS on my reaper sylvari xD

Posted by: Nyta.4769

Nyta.4769

Would love to see the GW1 Shining Blade uniform return in this game. Probably my favorite outfit from the first game.

Posted by: AriadneNyx.4175

AriadneNyx.4175

Another vote on bunny ears, I bought them but they never showed up when the game was released.

Posted by: Kako.1930

Kako.1930

Miniature Chinchilla

Oh, and bunny ears, of course. <3

Posted by: Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Sir Morgan Malory.2069

Game needs a Bow Tie because “Bow ties are cool”. Now that chronmancers are a thing everyone needs to make their own time lord.

Posted by: Mo Mo.1947

Mo Mo.1947

Needs more hair from GW1. Double bun hairstyle for GW1 monk please. It was like the most popular hairstyle for any monk.

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

Still wanting to buy combat idle packs ‘3’

Posted by: Loosmaster.8263

Loosmaster.8263

Rest assured, we pay attention to all of the threads.

Not every suggestion can be acted on, but we love hearing what you guys like, what you want, and what you don’t want.

And it’s creative community discussion that will make the game better. Not just in the Gem Store, but in all aspects of GW2. So don’t despair; if you bring up valid ideas, we absolutely notice and discuss them! We definitely try to discuss them with you, too!

A shame THIS can’t be applied to the WvW subforum. Soon.

Tacktical Killers [TK]
We’re looking for players.
PM me here or ING.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

I never played Guildwars 1 but I hear there were something called “Heroes” NPC’s who

would fight with you.

I would pay good money for help in HoT….put “Heroes” in the Gem store and I would buy .

Posted by: B Stiff.9341

B Stiff.9341

have it that u can send a pic in and if approved it become the guild emblem many would pay for it and none would be the same trust me guilds will pay to change it when they get tired of it and it will be a rebuyable thing anet keeps selling over and over to the same poeple

Posted by: Merus.9475

Merus.9475

I’ve suggested this before, but so it’s easier to find: a Confidence Booster, which temporarily uplevels a friend up to your level so you can play in level 80 maps, do fractals and world bosses, or go on a tour. They would still get level-appropriate loot, much like WvW players do. Free players would still be subject to the same restrictions, so using it on a player who’s below level 10 would allow them to explore the entire zone, they couldn’t leave until they gather enough XP to hit level 10 naturally.

While I’m at it: now that outfits are gemstore exclusive (mostly) and armour sets are earned through gameplay, can we see some of the early gemstore armour sets implemented as rewards? I’m thinking specifically the Krytan, Profane and Primeval sets, as they seem to be priced to move, but I wouldn’t mind seeing other armour sets turn up as rare drops or collection rewards.

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

Not so much a new item suggestion but some of the GW1 costumes, armours and weapons would be worth implementing here. There were a lot of very well-designed things in that game.

Also consider changing the town clothing tonics into usable skins. They are rather useless in their present state. Lots of your work wasted there on items nobody barely uses.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

Guild Wars 1 dances. Make it happen.
Maybe 250-300gems each.

Mesmerizing

Posted by: Spirited Was Eceni.3869

Spirited Was Eceni.3869

The human female stretch animation which was ’temporarily’ removed a long time ago.

The Asuran axe AA animation which was removed a while back.

You’ve previously removed stuff and sold it back to us, why not these animations?

“Judge a person’s character by how they behave when given anonymity.”

Welcome to the Internet, exposing characters since the early 80’s.

Posted by: Pure Heart.1456

Pure Heart.1456

Armour Stands (mannequins)- they appear in the home instance.
Players assign armour pieces to them for display.
This could also serve as the beginnings of a build save system.

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

I really wish we could customize the look of our turrets and kits.
Even if it is just the simple beginning racial gear, krytan, glyphic, verdant, steam, etc.

i’d agree here

seeing cosmetics so turrets and gyros and even kits could have racial options.

imagine a sylvari with plant turrets and gyros. or a sylvari with asuran turrets xD

gives character. and i love the idea.

plus, the thought of asuran gyros is nice =D
and turrets. zap zap zap.

or maybe a sleeker flamethrower (the one now is kinda bulky on my asura. looks good on my charr though!)

grenade kits that have a asura tech feel, sylvari plant theme, or norn that have detailed designs on the grenades.

so i approve ^^

also cosmetics for necros! minions >=D skeleton minions, swamp monster minions, phantasm minions.

for rangers….how about clothing stuff for pets.
imagine a bear wearing a shirt that advertises a brewery!
or a wolf with a hat

on a slightly off topic. how about an animation customization.
for example. my engineer can AIM her rifle instead of shooting from the hip.
and could carry the rifle over her shoulder when running (but like greatsword………don’t judge her! she’s carrying a giant kitten sniper!)

ranger longbow firing horizontally instead of vertically (female from gw1 style)
http://i.imgur.com/zZulNbL.jpg

lot of untapped potential here for customizing your character.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

Posted by: Ubi.4136

Ubi.4136

I too would like to see the armor and weapon skins from GW1. And, not with the “slightly updated” look for the future (like a few in the game now), but the skins looking EXACTLY like they looked in GW1.

Lost in the Maguuma [TC]
Te Nosce [TC]

Posted by: Dibbelocher.2318

Dibbelocher.2318

NONE
More armor and glider skins to be acquired in game please. After that we’ll look into the gemstore

Call me Dib.

Posted by: Sonoroho.5093

Sonoroho.5093

Again, I am suggesting a Mini Forgal Kernsson!!

I miss him. Q.Q

Posted by: cagiepoo.8162

cagiepoo.8162

we need wingsuits and paragliders instead of wings in game
How about a sort feature you can purchase for inventory/bank to sort out items in order

Fortitudinem et honorem

[iQ] Intrinsic Quality

Posted by: LunaDeviner.6514

LunaDeviner.6514

PLEASE Bring back – Inventors Sunglasses and Bunny Ears ! I’d buy those within the blink of an eye.. Probably more people would

Posted by: Lovecrafty.5623

Lovecrafty.5623

I would love a corresponding back item for this new electro-glider. With a smaller aura and more subtle effects, but that flows well into the glider form of it.

Posted by: Liston.9708

Liston.9708

I have a norn warrior that looks pretty “hulk” ish. To get the look, I need to run around with no chest piece, leg armor, and boots..

Would love a spring break outfit of board shorts – no shoes – no shirt (a tee might be ok). That or invisible armor pieces for sale…..

YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→YB→most likely YB

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’d love to see more pirate-themed armor, outfits, and weapon skins. Also a back item that serves the same function as the Rune of the Privateer “yarr!” shout.

Pretty soon my charr warrior will be in the pirate captain’s outfit with an anchor as his weapon… but I wouldn’t mind more options for mixing up the look…

edit: I’d even love to add a captain’s tricorn hat to the Aetherblade Armor skin.

~EW

(edited by EphemeralWallaby.7643)

Posted by: tonny.7580

tonny.7580

am i the only one who miss armor sets( where u got full armor with each part soo u got mix with other armor set parts) i realy realy hope the but armor skins back to bld and ad new ones cool looking one and it sad balthazer oulfits isend armor set i realy only only one from it chest,shoulder.gloves

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

am i the only one who miss armor sets( where u got full armor with each part soo u got mix with other armor set parts) i realy realy hope the but armor skins back to bld and ad new ones cool looking one and it sad balthazer oulfits isend armor set i realy only only one from it chest,shoulder.gloves

They told us quite a while ago that new armors will only be earnable in game while outfits will be what’s offered in the gem shop.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

more heavy armor outfit models.

more weapon skins that look actually cool.

Posted by: quantum.4521

quantum.4521

Will Grenth Hood ever come back?

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Black Lion Chest Rewards

• Permanent Teleport to Friend Contract
  • Permanent Instant Repair Canister Contract
  • Permanent Revive Orb Contract

Gem Store Items

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Permanent Teleport to a Friend that is NOT a Black Lion Chest RNG that ends up on the trading post to be accessible to the relative few. Just sell the darn thing directly. It’s annoying when these QoL items are bl chest RNG things.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: videoboy.4162

videoboy.4162

I humbly request a pair of generic pants/tights for female light armor wearers. No skirts or frills, just regular, fitted pants/tights.

(please make one generic pair an armor piece too. Just a single piece, like you sometimes do with the gloves and hats )

[I wasn’t sure which thread to use, so I put this in both]

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I’d love a pirate hat (only) skin so I can fully realize my dream of having my char warrior look like a steampunk pirate! ChYarrrrrr!!!

~EW

Posted by: SnowLight.2971

SnowLight.2971

Is it just me? or why dosen´t it drop game-shop items?
sure it might be rare but way more fun if it did drop items from shop.
( on lets say bosses achie or other stuff)

So you can sell the items for gold, or give it like gift or use it you´re self, i think that be more fun in the game and more then just then lion keys that can drop tbh.

Atleast stuff like change hair and looks on characters, and maybe some items like gear and pets and wings etc.

so you can sell this stuff on ah for gold, some times you need gold more then gems and i think it´s boring that shop items dosen´t drop at all..

Anybody have some info about this, or have something good to say about this please leav a comment

Attachments:

(edited by SnowLight.2971)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

They don’t drop from mobs/events because they don’t want them to. They want a way to bring in money by giving us cosmetic items, which is the point of the gem store.

SnowLight.2971

Could they not atleast give out more keys or stuff that are special for mining cut wood and change looks atleast, or a place where you can buy it for gold?

or some shop items that you may sell on ah, for gold like the keys or something atleast so you can get gold cash more easy?

SnowLight.2971

lets just say you wanna change 1 thing on you´re character or hair or eye color, i think there should be atleast one place where you can change that for gold or silver.

and that you can sell some shop items for gold or keys or wings or something, like everything you wanna sell if kitten account bound..

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

That’s correct. This game is buy to play.. There are no subscription fees to play so it needs some kind of source of income so they can support the game and ArenaNet doesn’t like pay-to-win concept and neither do the players so they go with cosmetic and convinient items.

I always buy gems when I can to support the game.
I want more content so this is my way of getting what I want while showing my love and support for the devs.

Now if only they bring back SAB and the visual effects they nerfed. =) I’ll pay for the portable SAB from gem store if they just sell it.

RoseofGilead.8907

lets just say you wanna change 1 thing on you´re character or hair or eye color, i think there should be atleast one place where you can change that for gold or silver.

You can already do that buy using gold to buy gems, and then using those gems to buy a makeover kit/hairstyle kit.

There are already rare and super rare items that drop, especially during special events, and most of those can be sold on the trading post. You can make gold easily enough.

SnowLight.2971

Ok do any belive they should make ground mounts?
or new hair hairstyles
and maybe that items for proffesions can drop?

or that rare items like Dawn or pets etc drop on bosses?
or something that give you more materials?

SnowLight.2971

And tbh every time i do event, i just get crap i break down for materials like 99% of the times i do them..

RoseofGilead.8907

Those materials you get for breaking down items can be sold for a decent profit.

They have made and will continue to make new hairstyles. As for mounts . . .

Attachments:

Posted by: Serious.7083

Serious.7083

Most if not all of the gem shop items have no effect on fighting in PvP or WvW.

Anet do supply some gemstore items in daily login rewards and mapping gives transmutation charges. Mapping can also give BL keys and these are also given as rare drops and story line rewards at lvl 10, 30 and 50.

Anet are actually very generous with keys. The other side is that the chests often contain disappointing junk.

In the end anet have to pay the bills, wages, taxes and that money has to come from somewhere. Gemstore prices are not excessive, a few may be high but others are low.

Other games I could mention have much higher prices than anet have set in GW2. Many supposedly ‘free’ games come with a shop that often make it virtually impossible to play without contributing regularly.

I’m not saying it’s perfect, there are a couple of items I think should be altered, but it could be much, much worse.

SnowLight.2971

kitten mount be nice just ground mount atleast, + they get more income in shop if they made mounts alot alot alot alot alot more..

and will support the game and players.

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

I continue to like this thread a bunch, and thanks very much to all of you who have contributed.

I do have one question: This thread is pulling up at 75 pages to me (at max settings) and I wonder if anyone has had difficulty loading this? If so, we may need to start a “Part 2” on this subject. If not, please carry on and add those ideas!

Also note — Here are a couple of other suggestion threads:

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

Posted by: Shadows Creed.3902

Shadows Creed.3902

Quaggan npcs for guild hall

Skins sets you can pick what you want not full sets

Mini warbeast

Company Of Traveling Heroes [CTH]- maguuma

Leader of ninja ops

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Just 70 pages for me, Gaile, and so far it loads fine, at least on my SSD on a PC using FiOS. Noticeably slower than shorter threads, but not so slow as to lose my attention during the loading process. A couple of seconds, maybe.

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

A different color for mesmer butterflys! Blue/black/green i don’t care as long as i could get rid of those pink versions!!

Posted by: Tiefsee.3647

Tiefsee.3647

Also asymetrical faces would be nice – new styling kit for that, something that gives you the exact same sliders we already have but they work just on the half face! (That’s what me always stoped me from taking a human/norn main – their faces look like plastic dolls because they are way to symetrical!