Suggestions: Glider Skins [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Vavume.8065

Vavume.8065

… needs more dye channels. At least 3 would suffice. As is the glider may fit a few of my characters aesthetically but not match in colors. The blue tail and the tan upper section really don’t work in all circumstances, and since it’s a “Phoenix” glider shouldn’t it be more red/orange/yellow than blue?

TL:DR Phoenix Kite Glider needs 3-4 dye channels pls! ^^

Totally agree, I bought it and was disappointed that I could not get rid of the blue section and turn the whole glider orange, you know like an actual phoenix…

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I don’t have it but I agree. Blue phoenix, what? o_o

Posted by: Fade to Black.7042

Fade to Black.7042

Love the glide, but i have to agree with them, and the white wing that can’t dye too.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

In general, I am much more likely to spend gems if a glider is fully dyeable with complementing channels.

• If any part of the glider remains a fixed color, one has to choose to use a kite that doesn’t match one’s armor or avoid the kite with certain armor/outfits.
  • If the channels aren’t complementary, then you can only use one ‘color’ (with varying shades), without it looking like something that Ringling Brothers & Barnum wouldn’t let their clowns wear.

This is why I haven’t bought all the gliders and why I haven’t bought many of the outfits: fixed colors and weird dye channels.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I think part of the problem is that glider dye acts like outfit dye rather than like armor dye. That is, you get one set of dye channels that apply the chosen dyes to all items in the set that accept dyeing on that character, rather than saving the choices per item. They elected to create just two dye channels for gliders (possibly for technical reasons?) and thus when they design a dyeable glider they have limited areas that can accept dyes and must have some persistent colors in order to have details show.

Sometimes they pick good channel combinations, sometimes not, though “good” is highly subjective here.

Posted by: Ardid.7203

Ardid.7203

I’m glad the default colors are so close to the ones I use, but I still think they should always allow us to dye every part of every item. Of course, weapons too.

“Only problem with the Engineer is
that it makes every other class in the game boring to play.”
Hawks

Posted by: Emiko.3217

Emiko.3217

Same here – kinda hard to cough up that amount of money.

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

I follow this motion, really want it for my rev and even my necromancer but that bundle price….nope.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I want it for my Revenant but I’m not going to pay that bundled price to get it. I’ll buy it if they put in in the gemstore separately for 400 gems.

Right, I won’t buy any ‘bundle’ unless I actually want all the items in it (or at least, enough of the items that add up to the total price). So far, I’ve sometimes wanted an outfit or the add-on (glider or whatever), but never both.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: seabhac.5346

seabhac.5346

I’ll add my ditto to this list too! In fact, I want all of the gliders available without the ‘bundle’.

Posted by: KestrelGirl.9267

KestrelGirl.9267

And I’ll add my ditto! My Foefire-themed Warrior needs this!

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

I got lucky with a precursor out of the mystic forge, so I sold that and converted gold to gems to buy it.

Never use the outfit, the immortal weapon box sits on a mule, and I am still happy I got the soul glider without a penny spent.

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

This has been my problem as well. I would have bought 2 outfits and a glider, possibly a few weapon skins too, if they were sold separately. Since they were bundled, I refused because most of the other stuff in the bundle I considered junk. I haven’t seen new bundles lately so I’m hoping they learned their lesson.

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

I noticed there is the deathwish staff, and undead armor scepter, and lich outfit and lich armor skins, and even the shadow of grenth backpack item. Yet there isn’t any real glider skin other than bat/demon wings to continue this theme.

Can you possibly make a glider that is based on the deathwish staff theme… If that is too much work, could you take and reskin the Batwings and remove the membrane to make them truly skeletal wings.

I know that not just necromancers and reapers, but others that like the dark themes would love this… <3

Please come out with these.

Donari.5237

I’d prefer wings with some nominal nod to the need for a lifting surface. If they make spinal blades a glider, at least that has the glow to suggest Asuran levitation tech.

Would you go for wyvern-style wings? Those have a lot of holes in the membranes but are still more than just bare-bones struts.

(I will admit I’d not mind an invisible glider so we can soar like Superman. But in that case, I can imagine it has plenty of lift surface, it’s just totally see-through ).

Posted by: mothnode.4201

mothnode.4201

Guys, this glider is being advertised in the blog post with an image that presents particular white-ish colours. Does anyone know what are the dyes used for the image in the blog post? https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/65a00Phoenix-Kite.jpg

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Guys, this glider is being advertised in the blog post with an image that presents particular white-ish colours. Does anyone know what are the dyes used for the image in the blog post? https://d3b4yo2b5lbfy.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/65a00Phoenix-Kite.jpg

I see black, yellow and blue. Where are you seeing white besides the trail which is always white?

Edit: Hmm checking in game it seems the image is presenting something that is impossible to achieve with the released product. Neither dye channel affects the tail which means it can’t be yellow like in the image. The tips of the wings in the image are also dyed and that isn’t doable in the released version either.

(edited by Khisanth.2948)

Donari.5237

I’m going to guess that the lighting in that shot is affecting it. The leading edge of the glider is an undyeable white with dyeable lines on it (though they will always have a yellow/orange edge no matter what dye you use). But when I glide down to the flax farm, my gold and blue changes to very green, even on the white part, and the wing tips get a lot darker.

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Yeah, that maybe the case, Donari. But still they should provide the option for people. I mean you could have rotting torn membranes like the Tequatl wings have, but be a glider. Yet, they didn’t even do that or bring back the Tequatl wings so people can get it that weren’t around in boss week.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

Not really a fan of the majority of gliders. I’m waiting for a chopper glider skin (Get to da choppa!) or a bunch of quaggans with balloons to float me about (love that mail carrier make it a glider skin!).

Posted by: mothnode.4201

mothnode.4201

Yeah, that was my initial thought – they were showing off a product in a blog post that is impossible to achieve. That’s what sold me – love that look. Now trying to achievie it somehow

Posted by: kuscheldrow.6415

kuscheldrow.6415

Do the developers of outfits and glider skins, etc. not play this game? Are they fashion challenged?
More and more the release stuff like this that, while aesthetically beautiful, has parts that are locked to one color! STOP IT.
Let the players choose the colors for the entire item. the Phoenix glider is great. Very pretty, but that blue section completely clashes with every single one of the characters I have that I’d think to use it for.

Eiter that or stop with the blue, blue, blue, blue, blue and blue EVERYWHERE.
We already have a shiny blue glider.

How about a nice green? Real green, no mint? How about purple, pink, golden, red?
I’d have loved to be able to change the color on that blue one previousely available in one of the packs. It is possible to change the color of the glowing stuff on Sylvari armor, so it should be possible here as well.

Trahearne <3

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

I was thinking about the gliders and maybe it would be interesting to have more mechanical jetpack/rocket like gliders.
We already have some skin, like the molten backpack(it could easily come back on the gemstore, or as a reward for a future living world story 1 if they ever put it back on) and the spinal blade that looks a littlebit like a jetpack. With the right sound, not too loud it would sell like crazy Imo.
What do you guys think?

Posted by: Sansarah.3076

Sansarah.3076

Anything that isn’t more wings..

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

How about a glider that’s a helicopter propeller? All the asuras will want it. XD

How about a glider that works like a flying cape? Superman anyone? XD

Posted by: Sird.4536

Sird.4536

How about a glider that we can earn in game and not on the gem store!

RP enthusiast

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

Stop complaining about this please. Remember that most games with a cash shop add in but to play options guild wars is doing the right thing by adding in purely cosmetic things in the store. They have to make money. Armor/runes/sigils/weapons should be earned in game. But fun things like glider skins should be mostly gem store.

Posted by: OneYenShort.3189

OneYenShort.3189

There is if you can stomach PvP. So as is said in other games.

Wish granted!

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

You know the quaggan mail carrier? I want 2 of those quaggans floating me across all Tyria.

Posted by: Doon.2364

Doon.2364

You know the quaggan mail carrier? I want 2 of those quaggans floating me across all Tyria.

LOL, that’s a great suggestion. I know someone who will kill to get that as a glider. XD

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

Stop complaining about this please. Remember that most games with a cash shop add in but to play options guild wars is doing the right thing by adding in purely cosmetic things in the store. They have to make money. Armor/runes/sigils/weapons should be earned in game. But fun things like glider skins should be mostly gem store.

To use gliders you already have to pay for the expansion to start with, though.
If anything, we should have had some available at launch along with the expansion – nothing fancy, even some simple patterns would have been fine – and then new ones on the gem shop later.

Posted by: Redean.1539

Redean.1539

Any chance we could ever see the ability to convert the old Dragon Wing backups (holographic wings, shattered wings) into glider skins?
I realise it isn’t a simple copy paste and needs to all be animated but i’d love to see this at some point, even if it costed gems to convert them.

Posted by: Dantert.1803

Dantert.1803

Other that something jetpack like as I suggested before, it would be amazing to have a Aetherblade or pact glider skin with the baloon like the ships little wings and propellers, and something like the flying machine from Leonardo Da Vinci.
Also, when I think about gliders, pops in my mind the idea of the flying machines from the Miyazaki movies .

Donari.5237

I hope the devs collecting suggestions are watching both threads, as both are going great guns.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/hot/Glider-Suggestions-Share-Them-Here/first

Has anyone in either thread suggested a quadcopter? That would be a very non-wing thing. Maybe it could be asuran make and have some glowing light-lines. (Though I still like actual wings and gliders/parasails, myself).

Posted by: Livia the ele.2163

Livia the ele.2163

!!!! Plssss Make Invisible Glider !!!!!

Posted by: Redean.1539

Redean.1539

I would love to see a gem store that would convert old backpack items into gliders where it made sense. Examples would be the holographic dragon wings, tequatl wings, and the molten jetpack.

I would also love to see a golem style glider that deploys a small golem that helicopters you down to the ground like Clank from Ratchet and Clank.

Additionally you can have profession specific gliders, where the character uses abilities based off their profession to slow their fall.

• Elementalists would hold their hands out and blast fire
  • Mesmers would blur through the air in a glamor spell
  • Guardians deploy a blue shield at their feet
  • Rangers would be carried by an eagle
  • Engineers deploy a hover device
  • Warriors pop open a parachute
  • Revenants channel Glint
  • Necromancers hover in a deathly cloak of plauge
  • Theives drop hidden wings on their suit and glide around deploying smoke.

(edited by Redean.1539)

Posted by: Schewe.1673

Schewe.1673

A molten jetpack/charr technology-esque jetpack glider would be pretty cool!

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Black Bat wings/glider.

Black and other colored Demon wings/glider.

Various Dragon wings/gliders based off of the current dragons in game.

Bladed armor style wings/glider.

Metallic style wings/glider.

Wings/gliders based off of the 3 orders and legendary gear and our professions and elite specializations and elements and various sources of magic and deities and everything… ok?

We need more black and grey scale and “serious” looking “stuff”, for real Gaile. Also, some of us are running with super computers and we would like to see some dark and darker color schemes on our characters.

If we cannot dye wings and gliders and back pieces and weapons, at very least create different base color choices for these items so we can have a bit more matching.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

Posted by: thunderfall.8095

thunderfall.8095

Daydreamer wings needs a glider. Please anet!

Mesmers be like: I reject your reality and substitute my own. – compliments to Mythbusters
Plot Twist: Elder Dragons are massive robots created by the Black Lion Trading Company.
Think of the money they make off weapons and armor…

Posted by: Lady Elvea.2847

Lady Elvea.2847

Both types of holographic dragon wings should be updated to also work as gliders. >.>

Posted by: Icethorn.6570

Icethorn.6570

I have a proposal which will both allow for an amazing option to and game and also generate revenue. The idea is to create an editor in which players can design their own custom gliders.

Guilds could create a custom glider that all members use to represent themselves in battles.

PvP groups could create their own gliders to stand out in the crowd.

The gliders could be submitted and then added to the game permanently.
To generate revenue they would appear in the Gem Store for 200 gems (about $5 USD). The low cost would encourage players to collect various custom gliders. Thus creating an ever growing source of revenue.

Things that glider should be able to customize.
1) Shape of the glider (ie wings, triangular, jetpack
2) Textures and colors
3) Particles: what they spew while flying such as the hearts that were used for the Valentines one.

I hope this idea gets some serious consideration as it would be an enjoyable addition to the game as well as make money for the developers.

(edited by Icethorn.6570)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

+1

Would be awesome for guild missions/bounties, a show of comraderie and easier to spot your own guildies in a crowd.

Posted by: Bitoku Kishi.8346

Bitoku Kishi.8346

Hi there,
I don’t know if this has been suggested before, and its sort of a simple suggestion, but I was wondering if anyone’s thought of adapting the existing Riding Broom and Magic Carpet items as gliders? They already fly (visually at least), so why not just adapt them as glider skins, sort of like how they did with the Black and WhiteWings backpieces? I’m sure it would be fairly easy to program, and ArenaNet could probably make a bunch of money converting it to a glider skin pack in the gemstore for people who don’t have them yet.
I’ve already got the carpet, and would love to use it as a glider skin… and I don’t have the broom, but would totally buy it if it could be a glider as well.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

It has been suggested before but the forum engine makes it hard to find things so there’s no harm in suggesting it again.

Posted by: Exses.3710

Exses.3710

Hallo, Sorry my english is not so good !
please use some Tranlater tool’s if you don#t can read Germen
Schöne grüße aus Deutschland
Asura dijalect
“Ich die Fantastische Incanation eines kleinen Helden Abenteurers hörte, das in den Aufgestiegenen Reihen nach Fantastischen Gleitschirmen gesucht wird, Ich als das Größte geheime Genie von Rata Sum…. Presentiere das: “Asuriche Rucksack Protal, mit Gleitschirm Funktion” !
Ein muss für einen Jeden Ingenieure, Nie mehr Bomben und Granaten Knappheit immer ALLES zur Hand, aufgrund seiner Praktischen größe."

http://imgur.com/CcWqdgO

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Here are some ideas for you:

• Glider Rig. A 300-500 gem Gemstore item that can be used to unlock glider versions for in-game back items. All you have to do is use it on a back item like an upgrade or salvage kit, and if it’s an item with a corresponding glider and you don’t have the glider unlocked, the unlocker gets replaced by the corresponding glider unlocker without affecting the original item (otherwise it fails and it isn’t consumed). Costs lets when purchased in bulk, saving up to 400 gems when buying 10. Here are some of the gliders it could unlock:
    • Molten Jetpack: Leaves behind 3 very noticeable fiery trails. The trails are stronger when using lean techniques.
    • Tempered, Static, Dynamic and Synergetic. The blades extend and emit ‘hard light’ from each of their blades to form wings not unlike like Falcon’s from Marvel. They leave 2 subtle colored trails from their nozzles when using lean techniques, matching the color of the back: Orange, red, blue, green.
    • Sunless, Holographic and Holographic Shattered wings. The glider version is larger, uses the bat wings rig and doesn’t flap.
    • Kites. The kites would get attached to the back of the character.
    • Toxic Spore. As a glider, the seed attaches to the back, the feathers extend, and they spin like a gyrocopter. They spin faster when leaning forward and slower when leaning back.
    • Books: Right now all books excepting Mad King’s Memories use the same “forgotten seal” skin. They will be given each their own skin. As gliders, the books will open, and the pages will extend and form wings. The pages will have colors and effects based on the book. For example, Yakkington’s book will have green grass pages and will leave a trail of red iris flowers, while the Book of Secrets will have purple pages and leave a crystal trail, Koss would have golden and sandy pages and leave a sandy trail, mad king’s memoires an orange and green smokey trail, and the completed memoires a green and orange fiery trail.
    • Super Adventure Backs: The back will extend two blocky pixelish holographic wings and leave a pixelated trail matching the color of the back.

• Glider version of existing gemstore content. Like with the white and black wings, the glider version of these would be unlocked by talking with Scouts in HoT while having the item equipped or in your inventory:
    • Enchanted broom/Riding broom
    • Magic Carpet
    • Glittering Wings
    • Dreamweaver wings
    • Butterfly Wings.

• Gliders unlocked from in-game skins without the need of the Glider Rig. The glider unlocks when the skin is unlocked:
    • Legendary Fractal back
    • Legendary PvP back
    • Legendary WvW back
    • Legendary divine back: Get the back skins of all 6 gods: Balthazar, Kormir (from WvW), Dwayna, Grenth, Lyssa and Melandru. That unlocks the legendary collection for the Legendary Divine Backpack: The Six.

New gliders:

• Gyro Glider & Back combo.
    • As a back it’s a gyro with its rotor folded, both blades pointing down like the wings of a wasp.
    • As a glider it uses the same rig as the Toxic Spore, attached to the back with spinning blades.
  • Asura Hoverboard back & glider combo
    • As a back the board is in a skateboard holster
    • As a glider makes the character ride on opt of it, using an animation similar to how charr ride the enchanted broom.
  • Infininarium back & glider combo.
    • As a back is a backpack similar to the quaggan backspacks, just hanging from the back.
    • As a glider is a small size infininarium replica floating over the character, holding them with its arms.
  • Insect wings
    • Wings similar to wasps, fireflies and other insects. Can be dyed with 2 channels, one for the costa and veins of the wing, and one channel for the membrane. For example, these colors would be achieved with midnight fire and imperial gold.
  • Imperial Phoenix and Rainbow Phoenix wings.
    • Inspired by the GWO animal companions.
  • Giant Fan.
    • Jut as it sounds. The caged blades of a giant electric fan used as a paramotor, just without the parachute.
  • Bubble
    • A bubble with a single dye channel. While gliding the character has an animation similar to Water Overload.
  • Rocket boots.
    • They replace the character’s feet skin instead on the back, allowing players to bring their own backs. They use the Sorrow’s Embrace boot skin, matching the character’s armor class. They leave a fiery trail.
  • Mystical Dragon glider:
    • Based on the the mystical dragon mini. The dragon quickly circles around the character to slow their fall like when they do that nice spiral movement.
SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

(edited by MithranArkanere.8957)

Posted by: Steel Courage.1250

Steel Courage.1250

Alright, GOING OUT ON A LIMB HERE, but remember the holographic dragon wings?

I know it says you shouldnt try to fly with them, but i think it would be a great idea if we could get them as a glider skin!

or even a light of dwayna skin! that would be beautiful!

[MAD] Malicious And Dangerous-Maguma

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Hallo, Sorry my english is not so good !
please use some Tranlater tool’s if you don#t can read Germen
Schöne grüße aus Deutschland
Asura dijalect
“Ich die Fantastische Incanation eines kleinen Helden Abenteurers hörte, das in den Aufgestiegenen Reihen nach Fantastischen Gleitschirmen gesucht wird, Ich als das Größte geheime Genie von Rata Sum…. Presentiere das: “Asuriche Rucksack Protal, mit Gleitschirm Funktion” !
Ein muss für einen Jeden Ingenieure, Nie mehr Bomben und Granaten Knappheit immer ALLES zur Hand, aufgrund seiner Praktischen größe."

http://imgur.com/CcWqdgO

Why not use the translator tool yourself and give us the translation? It’s easier for one person to do once than to make everybody else do it for you. I’m so lazy I can’t even be bothered translating your post and that’s sad because you might have something good to offer.

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

I would love to see a gem store that would convert old backpack items into gliders where it made sense. Examples would be the holographic dragon wings, tequatl wings, and the molten jetpack.

I would also love to see a golem style glider that deploys a small golem that helicopters you down to the ground like Clank from Ratchet and Clank.

Additionally you can have profession specific gliders, where the character uses abilities based off their profession to slow their fall.

• Elementalists would hold their hands out and blast fire

Can I make an addendum to your idea? Rather than just blast fire as an ele, you would blast whatever attunement you had active. For example, in air you’d have electricity blasting out of your hands and that would be just …. infamous.

Posted by: biCentral.9681

biCentral.9681

The ability to use the hero panel and uncheck the glider (like the outfits, head,shoulder and backpack slots) to turn them OFF – for use when you do NOT want the glider to deploy.