Suggestions: Glider Skins [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

I get PvP wings are kinda similar in concept for some but here.

Would also love for a 6 winged (both Feathered and bat/dragon variants) prob large at top then descending to smaller ones, akin to that of spinal blades but… less awkward?

<3 Energy wings

Attachments:

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Posted by: Jasonj.8064

Jasonj.8064

I’d love to see glittering fairy wings! I was so excited to see the back piece I bought it right away I just wish it was a glider/back piece combo!

Posted by: xiiliea.9356

xiiliea.9356

I’m no artist to illustrate this, but I’ve been wanting such a glider skin.

My visualization of it:
- Something like the Exalted Glider, but made of no solid parts. Instead, it’ll be entirely made of golden glowing energy.
- Much more majestic and bigger than the Exalted Glider.
- Opening animation: It’ll materialize from the middle to the outer sides, and end with an animation something like Herald’s Dragon Stance elite skill release (the ethereal dragon appearing, except this will be the glider shape instead of a dragon).

Edit: sry for posting a new thread, can a mod merge it with the main thread?

(edited by xiiliea.9356)

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

Not sure if said already here, but I posted in another thread. A Monkey King cloud (like Goku’s Flying Nimbus) would’ve been perfect for the lunar new year.

Also if all races get “surfing” animations like Charr on brooms, steam punk hover boards, or surf boards like Silver Surfer.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Not sure if said already here, but I posted in another thread. A Monkey King cloud (like Goku’s Flying Nimbus) would’ve been perfect for the lunar new year.

Also if all races get “surfing” animations like Charr on brooms, steam punk hover boards, or surf boards like Silver Surfer.

I would love a Flying Nimbus

Also this would make a great glider skin as well..

Attachments:

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: DaikonSamurai.6714

DaikonSamurai.6714

I would love a Flying Nimbus

Also this would make a great glider skin as well..

Haha you would “Vegeta” :P

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

I agree with other threads, sure. No more wings.

However, gliding is not wing related. It is an amazing feature introduced with HoT, and it’s a lot of fun. I agree that fewer wings would be really nice, however I do not want Anet to stop with the glider skins.
I want to see more glider skins though. Preferably with more color channels and variants. The Wings of Love were a great addition, and I love them on my warrior, however I definitely would like to see more glider skins with color channels and no fixed colors (like the recent glider skins).

tldr no more wings, but lots more glider skins please.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Redean.1539

Redean.1539

I would love to see a gem store that would convert old backpack items into gliders where it made sense. Examples would be the holographic dragon wings, tequatl wings, and the molten jetpack.

I would also love to see a golem style glider that deploys a small golem that helicopters you down to the ground like Clank from Ratchet and Clank.

Additionally you can have profession specific gliders, where the character uses abilities based off their profession to slow their fall.

• Elementalists would hold their hands out and blast fire

Can I make an addendum to your idea? Rather than just blast fire as an ele, you would blast whatever attunement you had active. For example, in air you’d have electricity blasting out of your hands and that would be just …. infamous.

Yes, this would be fantastic. I’d be willing to pay more gems for skins that need more work and animation into them.

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

Really awesome idea to introduce dungeon glider skins should dungeons ever get any attention again.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Idea-Dungeon-Glider-Skin-Rewards/first

Posted by: Maleficia.3869

Maleficia.3869

I would like the Golden/Hawk wings to be dyeable or a set of wings that look like Raven/Crow wings as in the examples. I think they would look great with Nevermore.

Attachments:

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

I really like my white wings, however the physical structure of the hawk wings is much more bird like. Comparing the two, the white (and black) wings look more like an avalanche of feathers that roughly approximate wings, while the hawk wings look very bird-like. I’d like to see the white/black wings get a makeover if possible.

Second, I love the butterfly wings backpack, but I really wish that I could have a larger version as my glider skin. Dye channels would be nice too, but not mandatory. The yellow/purple theme is working for my character currently.

I like my white/black wings just as they are but i do hope you get new bird like white/black wings skins for just 700 gems in near future.

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

Something steampunk!!
With lots and lots of gears that spin!

Mesmerizing

Posted by: Criminal.5627

Criminal.5627

A smoldering basic glider that trails smoke.

Giant spiders of the world are just misunderstood creatures, they love to snuggle too.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Perhaps it has been mentioned already, but I will mention it, if anything, to add my voice to it.
The current wing back pieces like the butterfly wings and dragonfly wings could be scaled up into some beautiful glider skins. I’d love to take the wings off my elementalist’s back piece and just use them as a glider skin.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

I’ll add in my two cents.

I think all existing backpieces should have a glider come with it. I know that’s A LOT of work to do on anet’s part, but having a glowy purple vine Mawdrey glider, a slick, mechanical Tempered Spinal Blades glider, and an angelic Light of Dwayna glider would make me (and a lot of other people, I’m sure) very, VERY happy.

There’s so much potential for good looking gliders. I hope anet can find it in their hearts to create something other than just plain old wings. (Although to be entirely honest I wouldn’t mind a silver version of the wing backpack/glider combo…)

Posted by: Starlightpaw.5871

Starlightpaw.5871

I really like my white wings, however the physical structure of the hawk wings is much more bird like. Comparing the two, the white (and black) wings look more like an avalanche of feathers that roughly approximate wings, while the hawk wings look very bird-like. I’d like to see the white/black wings get a makeover if possible.

THIS THIS THIS! So much this! I really want the old models to be replaced with the new. Anet please!!!

Posted by: Kalendraf.9521

Kalendraf.9521

I’d like to see the Tempered Spinal Blades (all color variants) updated to function as glider wings. The art and models already exist for this, so it shouldn’t be too hard to update them to function as glider wings.

Bonus points for having the engines produce some kind of exhaust contrail while in flight.

HoD – [CV] Charter Vanguard

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

THIS THIS THIS! So much this! I really want the old models to be replaced with the new. Anet please!!!

Like I said above. I would like my white/black wings to stay as they were when I paid for them. So, no changes to existing ones, no replacements of models. And I am not only one who like them as they are.

But I do hope you get new skins in Gem Store that suite your needs.

Posted by: swansea.2453

swansea.2453

We all know that gliders are a touchy subject with Anet releasing new ones every few weeks. However, what would you like to see in design that is different from what we got already.

Some of my ideas are:-

Racial looking gliders

Leaves or flower petals – Silvari
Fur or mechanical wings like a airplane – Charr
Rocket Pack – Asura
Sheet of Ice – Norn
Para shoot – Human

These obviously are not restricted to race to equip just.

Posted by: OtterPaws.2036

OtterPaws.2036

~Hart Warband~
Levi Ironhart, Cassandra Irehart, Lucio Trothart
Discord Gearhart, Naevius Soulhart, Frisk Softhart

Posted by: Mostly Harmless.7046

Mostly Harmless.7046

I don’t know if anyone said this already, but it would be awesome if the legendary fractal back item could act as a glider skin!

OtterPaws.2036

I don’t know if anyone said this already, but it would be awesome if the legendary fractal back item could act as a glider skin!

Im pretty sure that both the fractal and PvP legendary backs are coming with gliders.

~Hart Warband~

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I’d buy the broom and the flying carpet in a heartbeat if they were glider skins. I’d also love for my Spinal Blades to be a glider, and the wings of Tequatl and the other blue dragon wings that I already have.

Posted by: JackDaniels.8469

JackDaniels.8469

Please do something like these and i’m forever happy

Attachments:

Posted by: FrostyBou.5491

FrostyBou.5491

Dyeable Wings

• Regular (Using the hawk wings model)
  • Tipped (Like the wings of love, but the main wings and tips being seperate dye channels)
  • Metallic (using the new gold wings model)

No more wings that have a fixed color to them.

Posted by: Warrioress.2750

Warrioress.2750

The hawk wings are the only things i bought as soon as i saw them! More like them would be wonderful! Maybe in a subtle silver? Black with a blue sheen? Any colours really with the hawk wings style.
Also the phoenix glider is lovely, don’t have it myself but will most lightly buy in the future, more dye options would be welcome.

I really want to see the daydreamer’s back piece as a glider! So when you jump they grow larger into glider form and shrink back when you land. With like green or gold sparkles trailing behind?

Maybe a glider made from natural materials, so it looks like leaves and or branches all entwined together? Just a quick sketch of what i had in my mind.

Attachments:

I have many skills- Xena

(edited by Warrioress.2750)

Posted by: Eternal Wraith.9052

Eternal Wraith.9052

Some of the following may have been mentioned, but this is a brief summery of some ideas, which have been mentioned on the german GW2Community forums https://forum.gw2community.de/index.php/Thread/9343

Classical Glider Designs:
- Ornithohopter-Design (from Leonardo Da Vinci, dyeable covering)
- Dragon-Designs (with scales, completely dyeable)
- Steampunk-Design (something for engineers)
- Phoenix-Design (real fire wings)
- Seraph-Design (wings like the seraph shield skin https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/thumb/2/22/Seraph_Shield.jpg/297px-Seraph_Shield.jpg )
- Guild-Design (plain glider with guildicons on the wings, dyeable)
- Shatterer-Design (black and purble, lightnings, shattered)
- Invisible-Design (just your character in the air)
- Paper Dart-Design
- Spinal Blades-Design (with added covering between the blades)
- Dragonfly-Design
- Pactfleet-Design ( http://i.imgur.com/iaD7naO.jpg )
- Peafowl feather-Design
- JetPack (with some jet blasts, http://i.imgur.com/GsN06vl.jpg )

Designs “out of the box”:
- helicopter rotors
- dragon/eagle/raven/etc which is carrying the player in its claws
- parachute
- hang-glider
- broomstick
- flying carpet
- hoverboard

So hopefully we will see some of these ingame (and not only for gems ).

~ GW2Community

(german-speaking) GW2Community
visit us: http://gw2community.de

Posted by: Kururu.8140

Kururu.8140

I would really like to see a Steampunk-themed glider.

Posted by: asylumer.3456

asylumer.3456

How bout a set of F-18 Hornet Wings.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I’m 99.8% sure that F-18’s are not in Tyria lore.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Hooglese.4860

Hooglese.4860

Jetpack. Its been said before it should be said again.

PvP
revenant – Hoogles Von Boogles
Mesmer – hoogelz

Posted by: Hoppipolla.2841

Hoppipolla.2841

Dungeon Glider Collections? I know it doesn’t make sense because you can’t glide in Dungeons. But it must be fun to put a collection system for dungeons too. Doing this P to collect this or interact with this thing inside this dungeon to get this and that? Purchase something using the tokens from dungeons or something similar to this.

Oh and can we have the “Holographic wings” as a glider skin too? It’ll look really cool on an asura!!!

(edited by Hoppipolla.2841)

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

No invisible glider but Electromagnetic-Descender is a step in the right direction xD

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Hallo, Sorry my english is not so good !
please use some Tranlater tool’s if you don#t can read Germen
Schöne grüße aus Deutschland
Asura dijalect
“Ich die Fantastische Incanation eines kleinen Helden Abenteurers hörte, das in den Aufgestiegenen Reihen nach Fantastischen Gleitschirmen gesucht wird, Ich als das Größte geheime Genie von Rata Sum…. Presentiere das: “Asuriche Rucksack Protal, mit Gleitschirm Funktion” !
Ein muss für einen Jeden Ingenieure, Nie mehr Bomben und Granaten Knappheit immer ALLES zur Hand, aufgrund seiner Praktischen größe."

http://imgur.com/CcWqdgO

I will help out here and retranslate back for a better understanding for all of you..

Dijalect presents:

Nice Greetings from Germany,

I, the great incarnation of a small hero have heard, that it has been in search for fantastic gliders among the ascended rows.
Me, as the greatest genius of all in Rata Sum am presenting you now the
“Asuran Rucksack-Portal with integrated Glider Function – in brief the A.R.P.G”!
An absolute must have for every single engineer out there. Never again do you have too less bombs and grenades within you. Everything you need will be always ready at hand due to its practical size.

See Picture

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The other thread on this in the HoT subforum has a number of people liking the idea of a Glinda soap bubble glider. On the off chance that there are devs reading this thread but not that one, I’ll mention it here and recommend you go see what is being said on the matter.

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

I cannot believe we are into the 4th year of gw2 and STILL NO CAPES! I know anet will put them in eventually but can you good people go the extra mile and have them function as gliders too? Thank you!

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Please don’t. I’m ambivalent about capes generally, but I don’t think flying with capes like Superman would look very good in this game.

I understand the appeal, but I, personally, don’t think it would be a good fit.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

Capes were kitten in gw1. I’m glad they haven’t made a return in gw2. Keep that kitten away away from our game.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: Knuckle Joe.7408

Knuckle Joe.7408

I’ve been wanting capes since closed beta. Not capes that only reach to your butt though, real, long capes.

DO FAST HANDS BASELINE

Posted by: Ziggy.3842

Ziggy.3842

I love the bat wings and all it’s glory. However, they move as if they were set it stone!!!!
Anyone else bothered by this?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

A cape glider would need to attach to your wrists and ankles and then billow up in curves to look like it was actually providing lift. Or at least to your ankles, though then you might look like you were strangling depending on its anchor points at your neck.

Is that what you imagined?

Posted by: Kyvrn.4209

Kyvrn.4209

A cape so we could be like Batman anyone?

Kyvrn | Dom Chrono | Leader of Twinrovas [ROVA]

Posted by: Zeefa.3915

Zeefa.3915

Careful what you wish for… you might get bedsheets instead.
Anyways… no… not bothered.

Life doesn’t stop being funny just because the dead can’t laugh.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Replace those ugly wings with a fluffy ram(with wiggling arms and legs!) and all your problems will be solved.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Replace those ugly wings with a fluffy ram(with wiggling arms and legs!) and all your problems will be solved.

Except the Ram´s problems.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

I cannot believe we are into the 4th year of gw2 and STILL NO CAPES! I know anet will put them in eventually but can you good people go the extra mile and have them function as gliders too? Thank you!

No Capes, no pants for light armor, and for mid armor we only have coats.

Such is life.

OtterPaws.2036

Such is life.

I think my light armor pants look pretty decent.

Attachments:

~Hart Warband~

Posted by: Amaranthe.3578

Amaranthe.3578

here in anet we believe in doing things differently FOR THE SAKE OF DIFFERENCE
so you will see no capes her now bugger off

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

Such is life.

I think my light armor pants look pretty decent.

They do look cool on char, but it does not look the same on hum, norn, and sylvary