in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Torzini.1523

Torzini.1523

I think it’s great the way it is.

[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

Posted by: Nick.3870

Nick.3870

I don’t mind the way the UI looks personally, but I would love to see it scale with screen resolution or have more size options. Because there are fixed sizes, it becomes unreadable at 4k resolution.

Posted by: Artemis Thuras.8795

Artemis Thuras.8795

It would be an odd decision to salvage everything below exotic with the same salvage tool.

This..
I wouldn’t want to accidentally salvage rares with a basic kit, or salvage junk with a mystic kit.

I am starting to want a salvage all exotics ( for example with a blsk) however.

And a “sell all minor runes/sigils” to the vendor.. but mystic forge conduit has me covered in a pinch there.

Co-Leader of The Mythical Dragons [MYTH],
Advocate of learning and being a useful party member.
http://mythdragons.enjin.com/recruitment

Posted by: Blue Blade.3049

Blue Blade.3049

I’m not sure if it’s just me, but for those of us who have stacks of tomes of knowledge from pvp and wvw, it’s really annoying to have to double click and then accept that you want to use the tomes. I would love for a right click option to allow you to use “x” amount of tomes and just hit accept once. Almost like an exp scroll you get on your characters birthday that you can just auto level.

Posted by: Vitali.4719

Vitali.4719

Don’t forget that we don’t really want to hear that annoying noise leveling up does when a lvl. 1 character is using ALL his tomes right next to the bank.

Serah Grayford – Tempest lvl. 80 – Dark Side Of Our Souls [PNJ]

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

I don’t really care for any of the above, the only thing about tome of Knowledge I care about is that I am tired of clicking through all these level up rewards.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

It would be an odd decision to salvage everything below exotic with the same salvage tool.

This..
I wouldn’t want to accidentally salvage rares with a basic kit, or salvage junk with a mystic kit.

I am starting to want a salvage all exotics ( for example with a blsk) however.

And a “sell all minor runes/sigils” to the vendor.. but mystic forge conduit has me covered in a pinch there.

not only that but personal merchant express. just summon merch and sell ur minors.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Dear anet
I humbly request that the same /Resign button made for raids can also be
used in story instances
Sometimes I have to redo a storyinstance several times for an achievement,
like the choice between RBYG and Got No Time For This, but having to pay
a waypoints cost to leave an instance or relogging seems arbitrary.

Can we please have /resign in instances as well

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Or better yet, that little door icon over the minimap you see when you’re finished or a guest in the instance

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

The only option I would use is “salvage only armor” — weapons I forge, trinkets are usually few enough and worth enough extra on the TP.

That said, I’d prefer to wait 3-6 months so people get used to the new “meta” for salvaging — what we want to change today is going to be different from what we will want later.

tl;dr let’s wait to get used to the current option first before suggesting changes.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: AlanCMD.9205

AlanCMD.9205

For WvW:
add tower/keep contest countdown floating on the map/minimap.

Tome of knowledge: have a option to use them all. If a under 80 character use, it will stop using it when the character reach lvl80.

(edited by AlanCMD.9205)

Posted by: UnbentMars.9126

UnbentMars.9126

I’d love an improvement to the location and activation notification for the special action (currently in use in the raids and the new map). It’s current location is hard to see and there’s no flash or anything that helps you know when it’s active, especially when you only have a short window to utilize it

Rev, Ele, Burnzerker
“Beware he who would deny you access to information,
for in his heart he dreams himself your master.”

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

So having returned to the game after a long time, I wanted to try my hand at Dragon’s Stand again.

The early bird gets the worm, so I got there shortly before the map “closes”. And immediately ended up on a map with three commanders. Cool!

So about 15 minutes in, I disconnect. I immediately log back in… And I end up in a mostly empty map instance, and I’m unable to pop back to the instance I was playing on.

Needless to say, I got extremely salty from that.

I both hate and love that map. I love it because it’s awesome, but I hate it because stuff like this can really ruin my day.

If only there was some sort of “grace period” where the spot you have on a megaserver instance is reserved for you so you can still get back. The way it is now, if you randomly dc or your client crashes, some random guy who keeps spamming the “join in [map]” button will take your place in mere seconds.

Posted by: Dengar.1785

Dengar.1785

A “disconnect grace period” that reserves a spot for you on a crowded megaserver in the event that you disconnect.

Posted by: Ralesk.3215

Ralesk.3215

Or similarly, if you’ve participated in an event, then get disconnected, reconnect to the same exact map only to see it finished (*cough*Ley-Line Anomaly*cough*) and you get nothing for having poked at the darn thing for ten minutes.

Yeah, it’d be nice.

Rebixx (asura necro) in Vabbi WvW and HoT
aka. Bzakki, Rrnch, Pointer To Wcharr T, Ronn Felsythe, Ráithen, Vurikk.
An Irreversible officer (EU)

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I just want to be able to go back to the meta event / story instance map when I get disconnected and not lose rewards / story progress. Something like a “reserved” spot on the map for a few of minutes in case of dc.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

I don’t think the OP’s suggestion is needed, but I won’t object.

However, one that IS needed (need? curious I would use that word) is to be able to salvage commons separately.

But, I’m certainly not complaining. It was a GREAT feature addition.

Posted by: TheShyGuyTheory.2849

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

Would not mind if they added the crowbars, chak acid, exalted keys and machetes to the wallet as currencies.

Yea I was going to add this into my original post but I was too tired to. Only thing really is that it doesn’t really act like currency, maybe another button next to the wallet named “Tool belt” or something and that it uses a similar thing my 1 pick does where when you use a crowbar or exalted key a little number with the icon of the item appears next to it and it does a little “-1” indicating you used it.

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

I don’t mind the way the UI looks personally, but I would love to see it scale with screen resolution or have more size options. Because there are fixed sizes, it becomes unreadable at 4k resolution.

Yea my idea was just 100% customization of the UI but I got a little carried away with what I personally wanted.

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

TheShyGuyTheory.2849

Would not mind if they added the crowbars, chak acid, exalted keys and machetes to the wallet as currencies.

As well as the blood rubies, and the much requested keyring for zephyrite lockpicks, bandit keys, etc. And also a ‘book’ (better name is needed) for all the notes and books we now have/get.

And to OP’s 2), I actually like how it looks, I think it’s a fitting color and not at all a disgusting color.

Totally agree about the books, got so many I don’t want to throw away like the Chuka and Champawat books and the Bloodstone Fen books. Need a panel for them in the Hero Panel called “Lore” or something imo.

– Shy
Yak’s Bend
Thief / Daredevil Main

Posted by: Allison The Strange.4519

Allison The Strange.4519

As I’m sure many people are aware there are permanent contracts for merchants, trade posts, & banks. For the tp & merchant consumables this isn’t the biggest issue as you can still use these and other players can use them but the bank one only give access to the user.

I for one have the permanant bank access contract & I find it very disapointing to get a one time use version as my daily reward… I would honestly love to be able to trade these types of boosts in for a booster type item like what was done with the xp, karma, magic find, etc boosters.

It would be an amazing QoL upgrade as I have no use for the items I mentioned. I know this issue doesn’t effect a huge margin of players but it would still be nice to have the issue fixed….

Posted by: Zelanard.5806

Zelanard.5806

The same would be good when disconnecting from an instance. Skip the darned loading screens and log us straight into where we left off if we relog within 5-10 minutes.

When commenting on a suggestion:
Leave it to A-net to decide whether the suggestion is possible or not.

Posted by: dagrdagaz.4913

dagrdagaz.4913

These yes;

- To finally have the Flesh Golem work underwater, or any other uderwater undead.
Just get rid of the golem vanishing and the skill going on cooldown.

- Build templates

- Option(s) to get rid of unwanted permanent notifications in that upper right corner.

And;

- option to disable Gliding, its terrible with jumping and jumping puzzles.
For me it is.

- Prolly not gonna happen, but get rid of contested WP’s.
Or get some other way to travel to there.
Or keep the WP usable, make the blue part of the icon red if ‘contested’ and give a warning about it not safe to travel there.

(edited by dagrdagaz.4913)

Posted by: Exclamatory.8351

Exclamatory.8351

It is extremely heart-breaking to start the event from scratch, go through it and then disconnect when you’re near the end. I had a map last night that was struggling to get through the event because of so few numbers. Probably spent 1 hour 30 minutes on that map before succeeding. If I got disconnected after all that, I would cry.

(edited by Exclamatory.8351)

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

I’d like a mute button for the irritating little overly-talkative, nosey, and indignant rat twerp the developers decided our team’s party needed more than anything else at this point.

Posted by: sephiroth.4217

sephiroth.4217

Preview Juggernaut effects on armor in wardrobe… So many wasted transmutation charges.

I mostly play for the new Free-For-All arena in PvP lobby.
….. And Elementalist.

Posted by: Vyrulisse.1246

Vyrulisse.1246

Main/Off-hand Ring Equipping. PLEASE.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Skipping story dialogues option after you have experienced it once.

Posted by: Kuja.2503

Kuja.2503

1. A cape!
2. Capes!
3. More capes!

4. Please take the venom traits out of the thief Shadow Arts line and put them in the Deadly Arts line which was created for poisons. Venom is poison and it does not make sense for them to be in the stealth trait line.

(edited by Kuja.2503)

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

An effects tab on the Hero panel for things like Nightfury and Winter’s Presence. I’d have made them had they not taken up my precious shoulder piece slot.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

Posted by: cormega.6238

cormega.6238

Repeat what most others say, but I would especially liek to see build templates, key ring and maybe also a ‘book’ to store all books / notes you collect, especially now that we got 3 more books from Blood stone fen.

Definitely need a ‘Bookshelf’ for notes and books. That could be a home instance item.

Main/Off-hand Ring Equipping. PLEASE.

I second that, something that should have been fixed years ago…

Also, a ‘Toybox’ for tonics and riding toys, as others have suggested.

Posted by: Nitrobacter.7530

Nitrobacter.7530

The Salvage all option needs just a little tweak to be perfekt: priorize single items over stacks of junk… when my inv is full and i want to make quick a lot of space i dont want to spent 3 salvage kits for the stacked metal scraps and the like… euip shoud be priorized there…

ps: there is already a salvage all below exotic option… its called salvage all rare and below….

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Build saving.
More robust pet controls.
Option for a Ranger to forgo a pet in return for a personal buff.
Weapon dying.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Source: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Converter

We have three bloodstone dust eaters and two dragonite ore eaters.

Only one empyreal fragment eater?

I have tons of these things cluttering up my bank still.

Posted by: Kythan Myr.4719

Kythan Myr.4719

The amount of QoL updates in this patch is awesome Anet! Thanks! It seems they listened to the community and implemented quite a few. However, it’s a never-ending process and I’m sure more will come some day. So what sort of QoL updates would the community still like to see?

They’re are a couple of more that personally I’d like to see and I’m sure they are on the radar. I would like to bring them back up because IMO, they are very much needed.

First off is some kind of feature that tells the player if they’ve toggled autotargetting and snap ground target on and off. Keybinds are useful and those features are situational. So some times it would be nice to have some sort of indicator of their state.

Second is the keyring. ’Nuff said on that!

Other than that great job!

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: SyrianDesera.5260

SyrianDesera.5260

So quickly, my gametag is Syrian, and I don’t post many things…still I’m a long time fan of MMOs and an all out fan of GW2 and Arenanet. I recently started playing again and noticed some of the UI updates and was very excited for the “Salvage all”option….however I noted that there was no mention of it in game. Those of us who left for a while or haven’t read patch notes in forever had no way of knowing this feature. I only found out by shear dumb luck.

Also, I invited new friends with the most recent sale, and while GW2 being so innovative it was easy to teach some things, others new UI features were odd because immediately my friends asked questions I could answer. So some quick ideas.

1) for salvage “right click” options: send all players in-game mail guiding them to the patch note website so they can catch up if they are not on for 2 or more consecutive patches. OR/AND add it to the leveling guide as new players level.

2) I was away for a while, like before the HOT expansion and the new specialization are…well…new to me. Could we be given the option to set our specializations (IE: the 3 lines of skill buff we specialize our characters in .) to let them reset when changing them OR let them stay the same. I know their easy to switch and setup, nothing like wow. But when I switch from sword to septar on my mesmer I want to switch special too, and I don’t always have time (like when I’m in a party) to read through and memorize the setup I made before. example: I switch from illusion to domination to allow for the Greatsword buff on the Mesmer and instead of having to remember oh I used the up option then the middle then the up again while in a party on the run possible in and out of combat in a lv80 zone….I can just set it up and switch the specialization and the old setup stays unless I switch it around.

3) There are a TON of loot bags these days! if we can make a salvage all option, why not a “Open all loot bag of this type” or/and “open all loot bags in inventory”?

thank-you to anyone who reads and responds with maturity. I hope I made my points clear and easy to follow, but if I didn’t, please post and I’ll try to explain better.

Posted by: Jaken.6801

Jaken.6801

But you can use the one several times.

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

But you can use the one several times.

You can also use 3/4 of other eaters multiple times.

Related: I’d also like to see eaters for the HoT map ascended ingredients, like Airship Oil. It seems strange to add a bloodstone/dragonite eater to the latest patch rather than anything else, considering Herta and Princess are the most accessible eaters.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

First, there is an in-game notification about the new Salvage option, as well as many other tips on the map loading screens.

Second, a build-saver is an oft-request QoL feature; the Devs have stated they are looking into it.

Third, again, less oft-requested, but nonetheless requested; no Dev statements. It may be more difficult to implement; I have no idea.

Good luck.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I don’t think it’s a problem, even though there are different numbers of eaters for each type. I’d rather ANet changed it so it was a set amount each day; I’m more annoyed by the variation between 150 consumed (minimum I’ve seen) to 300 (max).

I’d also prefer to see more uses for them, rather than just eaters — those don’t offer much value besides a few more bags to open.

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

I don’t think it’s a problem, even though there are different numbers of eaters for each type. I’d rather ANet changed it so it was a set amount each day; I’m more annoyed by the variation between 150 consumed (minimum I’ve seen) to 300 (max).

I’d also prefer to see more uses for them, rather than just eaters — those don’t offer much value besides a few more bags to open.

You don’t think there’s a problem with the only Empyreal eater being exclusively available for people who can log on during the holidays?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m surprised the Empyreal Star is the only option for Fragments, especially considering it’s only available for about 1 month per year, and that’s one when many people are likely to be busy or away.

(I know it doesn’t take much time to get, but if you can only play for an hour or so a day normally and have a dozen extra things to do within the same month it gets much harder.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Well, the quest can be finished at any time of year. The only requirement is to log-on once during the Wintersday period, to receive the Orphan Laine’s Letter. Everything else can be completed at any time, Wintersday or no.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I’d like the Lost Precipice updrafts to be permanently on, or at least to get a straightforward explanation as to why they aren’t. As in, technical limitations. If it’s just a design decision to keep players from flitting about too freely, I disagree with it very strongly.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: Rink.6108

Rink.6108

Just some suggestions

1. To make superior runes more useful:
—> Superior rune holder: Ascended item that can be added to armor in the rune slot, you can feed it with superior runes and then freely switch between the runes you fed it.
Aquisition: 1 as reward after quest, can be bought afterwards.
Properties: If you fed it all superior runes that exist, it will unlock additional new runes or a small bonus on top of it. Can be removed from the armor to be added to new armor once it is full.

2. It is annoying to have inventory filled with minor or major runes and sigils:
—> Minor sigil collector: Small guy that sits in your inventory and snatches all minor runes that you get. Can be upgraded and then set to collect major runes and trash items as well through quests. Is an inventory cleaner.
Aquisition: Unlocked through a long quest/story or as a gem item.
Properties: Has a small chance to give you a wiggly chest with minor rewards for every item it snatches. It should be possible to put him in shared inventory slot.

3. WvW: Make it possible to see the queue on the map you are on, so you know, if you can switch characters/maps.

4. Targeting: All bosses in WvW (supervisors etc.), marked targets in groups/squads, Champions in pve, Excalted explosive in AB south, commander-tags, apple-tags: if there is a zerg around a target, it is impossible to target it. So make it so that those important opponents have a sign above their head and that we can actually click on the target-sign, the boss-sign above the head of somebody etc. to target the boss/target.

5. Open all bags: if you have a stack of bags and chests etc. make it so that we can right-click -open them all until there is no bag-space left. Others have suggested it before.

Feel free to post other suggestions and your opinion.

(edited by Rink.6108)

Posted by: SolarDragon.7063

SolarDragon.7063

Well, the quest can be finished at any time of year. The only requirement is to log-on once during the Wintersday period, to receive the Orphan Laine’s Letter. Everything else can be completed at any time, Wintersday or no.

You do need to actually do the first step or two during Wintersday as well, as I have the letter but can’t progress anything.

Personally, the time requirement isn’t bad, but if you end up spending family time or are otherwise occupied over the holidays, having to wait 11 months before you can next have the opportunity to (again be too busy too) obtain a resource sink item seems… a little punitive.

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Are you sure?

Maybe you should post your experience on the Wiki’s talk page, because according to it, and guildies’ experience, it doesn’t matter when you to the quest. Do be aware that some of the icons no longer show up on the map.

Good luck.

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I’m not opposed to either idea.

(However, be careful, OP, about bumping your own thread, especially less than a day after creating it.)

Illconceived Was Na.9781

You don’t think there’s a problem with the only Empyreal eater being exclusively available for people who can log on during the holidays?

No, I don’t.

Eaters generate very, very little wealth, roughly 16 silver per stack. They are a bone thrown to us so that we don’t feel we have to toss stacks of mats. If you have too much to store, you can delete the stacks, without losing much of value — the time spent storing/managing, eating, opening, salvaging, and selling could be devoted to grabbing a few more flax or rich iron and earn more.

I think it’s fine if ANet wants to create another 10 eaters and I think it’s fine if they never create another one.

Posted by: Taxidriver.2043

Taxidriver.2043

remove limit problem solved.