[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Way to convert aura trinket jewels to infusions, so I’m not stuck with one gold trinket just to have a Ghastly Glow.

even better, Add auras to wardrobe with some kind of just checkbox for each one you have so you can pick as many or few as you want on all your characters without having to wear specific gear or get a 1000g+ item for every character you want it on.

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Add a search feature to the Trading Post: Locked.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

Way to convert aura trinket jewels to infusions, so I’m not stuck with one gold trinket just to have a Ghastly Glow.

even better, Add auras to wardrobe with some kind of just checkbox for each one you have so you can pick as many or few as you want on all your characters without having to wear specific gear or get a 1000g+ item for every character you want it on.

That works.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Add a search feature to the Trading Post: Locked.

This would be awesome but most likely can’t be done because then each time you load the TP you have to compare every single item for sale against your account items. Might slow it down to unusable load times or even prevent loading at all.

Right now thanks to the Preview function you can find out your locked skins/minis/dyes pretty fast and then search individually for those items.

Posted by: LunarStrikes.2753

LunarStrikes.2753

Have all confirmation dialogs (are you sure you want to salvage/destroy/etc) respond to enter/escape/spacebar. Like it does for F12, and in GW1.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Some attack skills (ranger longbow or mesmer GS autoattack) are distance-dependant. Yet, there’s no way to know accurately the distance of target opponent.

My suggestion : add somehow a symbol over the icon like :

• No symbol : medium range, medium damage
  • One down arrow : shortest range, least damage
  • One up arrow : highest range, highest damage

Posted by: Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Frenchtoastersticks.8061

Some attack skills (ranger longbow or mesmer GS autoattack) are distance-dependant. Yet, there’s no way to know accurately the distance of target opponent.

My suggestion : add somehow a symbol over the icon like :

• No symbol : medium range, medium damage
  • One down arrow : shortest range, least damage
  • One up arrow : highest range, highest damage

or maybe a number next to targets name (so only when targetting) that says how far away it is.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Allow ground targeted abilities to be targeted while still on cooldown, allowing you to pre-emptively place it, then immediately cast it when ready.

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I would love a new salvage tool that has 0% chance of extracting upgrades. And please give it at least 25 uses/charges (or better yet add a permanent version)

Posted by: Madastertwo.8729

Madastertwo.8729

Perhaps it has been mentioned, or isn’t on the current page. I would like the travel to waypoint/use revive orb option to be located higher in the screen. When you are close to being able to use a downed skill and you become completely downed just as you click the skill and the revive orb option is directly below it, you end up using the revive orb when you don’t necessarily wish to do so.

Posted by: UncrushablePigeon.8760

UncrushablePigeon.8760

Once again, eyebrow colors that match hair colors. Let us choose them. Dark brown eyebrows with every hair color? That’s aesthetically very unpleasing for such a beautiful game. Kindly stop adding hair colors for now and fix the eyebrow colors first.

Posted by: General Rookie.5973

General Rookie.5973

I would like achievement tracks for Shimmering Weapons and Tenebrous Weapons. Maybe a special Tenebrous and/or Shimmering backpack could be the reward.

Posted by: Freezy.4952

Freezy.4952

chat filter to auto silence the whispers of gold seller.
I am quickly getting fed up

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

In case it hasn’t been mentioned, and since someone put a thread up for it:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Tome-of-teleportation/

While I don’t mind having the Season 3 scrolls in my shared slots, I can see that they might get out of hand pretty soon. Some way of combining them into one account-bound book would be great. It could also apply to the home instance and permanent royal/etc passes.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Gryphon.2875

Toggle for armor chest, like gloves and shoulders have.
NOT a skin like the “invisible boots.”
Please.

Posted by: Kamara.4187

Kamara.4187

Could the modeling department please come get their stuff off my floors? I mean really! Were these people raised in a barn? (Just kidding around :P)

But on a serious note could someone unparent some objects taking up some prime guildhall real estate? Like in the tavern? And by the upper most way point where a single building has a stage in it that is cluttered with objects?

Also a single vendor behind the bar with multiple tabs would work as well as three NPC vendors. Granted that’s a big one that would require some code clean up, but hey its almost winter’s day and “here is wishing for a winter’s day Dev.”

Attachments:

Posted by: Feersum Endjinn.4179

Feersum Endjinn.4179

When queueing in PVP as a guild doing missions, pause the mission timer as the queue lengths can be ridiculous and as a small(ish) guild, this really eats into the time and means more missions fail than should. (a 30m mission with 1-2 teams of 3 players each means about 8 minutes of queuing a team [actual vs average] and longer for teams of 4-5). Makes it very difficult for a small guild to flourish and attract/keep more members.

Posted by: MoarChaos.8320

MoarChaos.8320

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

Bank preview screen:

On the top icons, up with Hero tab, WvW, settings, PvP, etc. I would like to see a bank button. From here, you can preview all of the stuff in your Bank, Material Storage, and Wardrobe. If you happen to have a Personal Bank Access Express on your character or in your bank, you can also directly deposit/withdraw from this interface.

I’ve always found it annoying how hard it is to see what you have while you are not at a banker/crafting station. You can see materials by opening your crafting window and finding a recipe that uses the item, thereby seeing how many you have, but it’s so convoluted. And I think providing this preview may encourage more people to want/buy the Personal Express contract, as well as the single-use items, because they will know if what they want is there when they need it.

(edited by Pittcrew.6592)

Posted by: skillze.7689

skillze.7689

could you make it so we can place the nodes we get in our home instance anywhere we want using the decorate function like in the guild halls please, design in your home instant is what its all about <3

Posted by: para.2436

para.2436

Hide the green story part of the UI in the top right. It’s quite cluttered especially when the new pvp leages have started and winterday is shown at the same time.

Make the “match my level” checkbox in the trading post actually match your level and not be +/-5 of your level.

Posted by: Jayne.4916

Jayne.4916

Since we have A wardrobe and outfit areas can we get a sort of “toybox” for all our toys and musical instruments to sit in to save precious space!

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

“Wardrobes” in home instance or on a UI panel or in the bank for all the different clutter items in the inventory

Bookcase / Library
I want someplace to store my Marjory’s Journal, Zinn’s Study Guide, Scarlet Briar’s Journal, Apprentice Kasandra’s Diary, Justiciar Bauer’s Memoirs, Grand Savant Valis the Learned’s Research Journal, Hidden Letter “xxx”, etc etc.

A device box for all the Class II Rift Stabilizer, Exalted Portal Stone, Levvi’s Device etc devices you get from the different kinds of content.

Tonic shelf for all the different tonics.
Also make all infinite tonics toggle on/off like the Kodan battle tonic.
(That goes for the watchwork one as well).

A consumables cupboard would be neat as well.
For all the foods and oils and stones and what not.
Have the option to put x number of consumables into an auto-refresh inventory so that any consumable that is in that inventory, but not active, gets auto-consumed. That way you can select for how long you want it and not having to refresh it.

Toy box as Jayne suggests above as well. (Edit)

The items where charges are insignificant, like the Levvi devices etc, you can duplicate from the wardrobe onto any character in any number.
The items with charges, such as non-infinite potions and consumables naturally use a charge of the stack when using them or pulling them into the inventory much like how the materials tab works.

Make the inventory great again

Rauderi.8706

“Wardrobes” in home instance or on a UI panel or in the bank for all the different clutter items in the inventory

Bookcase / Library
I want someplace to store my Marjory’s Journal, Zinn’s Study Guide, Scarlet Briar’s Journal, Apprentice Kasandra’s Diary, Justiciar Bauer’s Memoirs, Grand Savant Valis the Learned’s Research Journal, Hidden Letter “xxx”, etc etc.

A device box for all the Class II Rift Stabilizer, Exalted Portal Stone, Levvi’s Device etc devices you get from the different kinds of content.

Tonic shelf for all the different tonics.
Also make all infinite tonics toggle on/off like the Kodan battle tonic.
(That goes for the watchwork one as well).

A consumables cupboard would be neat as well.
For all the foods and oils and stones and what not.
Have the option to put x number of consumables into an auto-refresh inventory so that any consumable that is in that inventory, but not active, gets auto-consumed. That way you can select for how long you want it and not having to refresh it.

Toy box as Jayne suggests above as well. (Edit)

The items where charges are insignificant, like the Levvi devices etc, you can duplicate from the wardrobe onto any character in any number.
The items with charges, such as non-infinite potions and consumables naturally use a charge of the stack when using them or pulling them into the inventory much like how the materials tab works.

Make the inventory great again

All of the above, yes. Just having a Sundries tab to handle all the miscellany would be a huge boon. (And hopefully not stripped or corrupted :P)

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Galmac.4680

Galmac.4680

On my wishlist is:
Please sort that litle symbols for condition, boons, banners, potions etc.
They are shown in incoming order (I guess), bug please pug all boons together, all conditions, banners, fractal potions, buff food.

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

Original Post

Dodge:
[ ] Double tap to Dodge Roll
WW = no dodge
[X] Double tap to Dodge Roll
WW = dodge roll forward

Glide:
[ ] Double jump to glide
Jump and hold spacebar = glider
[X] Double jump to glide
Jump and hold spacebar = no glider
Jump and press jump again midair = glider

Author’s note:
I’m making this suggestion after reading what felt like the thousandth topic on how the glider messes up jumping puzzles and other traveling menial tasks. I personally do not experience these problems, but I would fully aprove of the setting as mentioned above

Posted by: icy.9250

icy.9250

Make the action of “dodge jump” move bindable to a single key.

Posted by: mays.2039

mays.2039

Subject: Dredge Commissar Champion in Dredgehaunt Cliffs (Tribulation Rift)
wiki link NPC : https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Champion_Dredge_Commissar
wiki link event: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_dredge_commissar_

Issue: This Champion drops a part of a collection that I like to farm. What really grinds my gears is the fact that I go around the map doing dredge events to force the spawn of commissar. Eventually I see on the map champion icon, but by the time I get to the champion spawn, people who were camping the spawn kill him. This really discourages players such as myself from playing the events around the map.

Suggestion: Move the champion spawn closer to a waypoint or create some sort of timer to warn about champion spawn in the area of In Persuit of Knowledge meta.
this will give players who actually do the events in the area a fair chance to reach champion.

Posted by: DuchessGummybuns.7890

DuchessGummybuns.7890

Outfit Toggle Button please!

I would really like to have a mapable button to toggle outfits on and off for RP and things without having to open Hero Panel, back out to main Hero Panel, and then go into Outfits. I ask that you bring back that one simple button we had for town clothing so long ago for outfits.

Posted by: cyberzombie.7348

cyberzombie.7348

I’m not sure this is already mentioned but have items that takes infusions show which infusion type is compatible (offense, defense and utility).

What good is a medic w/o a patient?

Posted by: Ereizx.1942

Ereizx.1942

Option to see health bars of friendly players (at least squad/party members), regardless of game mode. This is something I can’t believe they haven’t implemented yet. Especially in pvp, how can you play support when you need to find low players from party panel? In wvw you can see squad members health bars, but if you are gvging in guild hall(lol, pve environment), you cant. On side note, also fixing guild hall arena retal would be nice.

(edited by Ereizx.1942)

Posted by: dominus nok.9263

dominus nok.9263

i would like to see a mystic forge recipe that adds the unbound magic gather ability to the infinite use black lion harvesting tools.

Posted by: Switchblade.9362

Switchblade.9362

I’m not reading through 12 pages to see if this has been posted, sorry.

Please make it so that once you max a crafting profession it can be used on all characters. It is annoying to switch back and forth for the crafting you need.

Posted by: skillze.7689

skillze.7689

would like to see ui change on entering pvp when not in the hotm

Gryphon.2875

i would like to see a mystic forge recipe that adds the unbound magic gather ability to the infinite use black lion harvesting tools.

That would be awesome.

Posted by: Pittcrew.6592

Pittcrew.6592

Add a new item “Ultra Converter,” (or some clever punny name) available at Laurel Vendors for 1 Laurel. This item consolidates all of the converters (material and currency) into a single item. All converters share limits with this new service (I imagine it would be easier if you made it a definitive, uniform number per day, rather than random each day).

Either upon unlock/grant of the converter, or upon trade-in of the converter (at a new tab with all things Converter, probably at a Laurel Vendor) (the former is better, in case people deleted things), you will unlock access to the trades. Categories and unlocks are listed as below.

Tabs:

• Trades with daily limits
    * Pile of Bloodstone Dust (50) -> Gift from Mawdrey II [max 3-6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Mawdrey II and/or a crafting Mawdrey achievement
    * Dragonite Ore (50) -> Gunk-Covered Pellet [max 3-6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Princess and/or Lion’s Arch Exterminator achievement
    * Empyreal Fragment (50) -> Generosity’s Reward [max 3-6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Star of Gratitude and/or Warming Grawnk’s Heart achievement
    * Pile of Bloodstone Dust (250) -> Glowing Stone [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Herta and/or Where Exalted Dare achievement
    * Dragonite Ore (25) and Empyreal Fragment (25) -> Fluctuating Mass [max 6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Sentient Anomaly and/or Conspiracy of Dunces
    * Dragonite Ore (25) and Pile of Bloodstone Dust (25) -> Fluctuating Mass [max 6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Sentient Aberration and/or Token Collector
    * Shards of Glory (50) -> Timeless Bag of Items [max 6 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Shards of Glory Converter and/or a Shards of Glory Converter acquisition achievement
    * (any daily-limited buffs could be shared here, if they are ever added)
  • Ley Energy Matter Converter (Key)
    * Free -> 1 of 4 HoT keys [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Ley-Energy Matter Converter and/or Mouth of Mordremoth Master achievement
  • Ley Energy Matter Converter (Airship Parts)
    * Airship Part (25) -> 1 of 4 random daily choices [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Airship Essence
  • Ley Energy Matter Converter (Lumps of Aurillium)
    * Lump of Aurillium (25) -> 1 of 4 random daily choices [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Aurillium Essence
  • Ley Energy Matter Converter (Ley Line Crystals)
    * Ley Line Crystal (25) -> 1 of 4 random daily choices [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Ley-Line Crystal Essence
  • Fractal Reliquary
    * Fractal Relic (25) -> 1 of 4 random daily choices [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Fractal Reliquary and/or Ascended Recycling achievement
  • Karmic Converter
    * Karma (4998) -> 1 of 3 daily choices [max 1 daily]
    >>> Unlock item: Karmic Converter and/or Exotic Hunter achievement
  • Buffs
    * Piece of Candy Corn (3) -> Random Boon(s) [no max]
    >>> Unlock item: Candy Corn Gobbler and/or a Candy Corn Gobbler acquisition achievement
  • Ecto Gambling
    All trades available at Ecto Gambler vendors
    >>> Unlock item: Tarrktun Personal Delivery Portal and/or Legendary Tarrktun Supporter achievement
  • Sell
    (I wouldn’t entirely be opposed to adding General merchant tab to list, but the reason I do this only because it’s included in Tarrktun item, and if there were the trade-in requirement, the sell feature should not be lost; and then it would just be considerate to include the Personal Merchant Express as an alternative method to unlock this, but that doesn’t inherently bring everything from the express into the equation.)
    >>> Unlock item: Tarrktun Personal Delivery Portal and/or Legendary Tarrktun Supporter achievement
    * or
    >>> Unlock item: A Personal Merchant Express acquisition achievement
  • Buyback
    * or
    >>> Unlock item: A Personal Merchant Express acquisition achievement

Posted by: Semris.7520

Semris.7520

You should be able to delete items without typing their name. Make it similar to WoW and let us type something like “DELETE”.

For example now I´m unable to delete the item, because required symbol isn´t supported by my keyboard layout. I´m not going to make science about it, checking US script and figuring out how to type that kitten ed symbol so I can actually delete that item.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

On the character select screen, it would be nice to make it so when your mouse is over the carousel of characters on the bottom, to make it so the mouse wheel scrolls the carousel left and right. And not like ‘one character at a time’, like how the left and right arrows work, but an entire page for each ‘click’ (or short movement, if your mouse doesn’t have ‘clicks’) of the wheel.

Posted by: Stu Grockalot.2937

Stu Grockalot.2937

One quality of life improvement I would love to see is to unlock the User Interface.
Seriously!
Yes you can move stuff around, or make certain boxes smaller or bigger, up to a point!
For example the mini-map in the bottom right is FAR too small on my screen.
When you click on it to make it bigger, it is already at maximum size so will not get any bigger.
The chat box can go in one of two places; bottom left, or top left.
GW1 had the right approach in terms of customisable user Interface.

Rauderi.8706

Something occurred to me while I was heading to/waiting for a hero challenge in HoT just now. The fight events that spawn are usually out of the way but are intended for groups. If you’ve got a mentor/commander tag, you can at least make them visible.

But it would be nice if there were a mechanism to announce a “Hey I’m about to trigger this event” or “I need help here” marker.

Sure, one could use LFG, except not many people look. Mentor tag is easy enough to get, but that kinda feels like that’s not its intent.

(Or, y’know, make Exalted Assistance easier to use and place it near all the hero challenges. :P)

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: Leachmasta.2713

Leachmasta.2713

PvE Queues;

I realize this has probably been considered by the developers, but hoping could be re-thought >.< I love so much of the content that has been put into the game, throughout the whole map, but sometimes I just want to join a pug and do something random, without having to search, or look up the boss timers :/ If there was a queue for random world pve events, as well as one for random dungeons, I think that would be really nice

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

vendors that sells something else then bell peppers etc.

destiny’s edge with a busy market, all with different food and other things to buy.

city’s that feels alive, IMO all the cities feel cold and dead.

Posted by: Unmei.1678

Unmei.1678

Select which Legendary Weapon effect is Active.

I.E. Incinerator And HOPE On a Thief useing the 3 Skill in D/P
Doesnt really seem right that HOPE shoots incinerators…

Posted by: Rising Vengeance.2768

Rising Vengeance.2768

1. Please stop making me go through so many clicks when I level. It is especially painful both mentally and physically when I have to click so many times.

2. Better utility skills that are more useful, in the type of situation you encounter in Guild Wars 2 and reduce cool downs. For example, in Guild Wars 2 you dont constantly fight organised groups of enemies but Guild Wars 1 you do. Skills on necro that spread conditions to adjacent monsters in its current form have very limited effect but still have very long cool down and even inflict condition on yourself.
Currently game feels like a third person shooter or hack and slash with very few skills to use. You just spam your weapon skills over and over.

3. Skill unlock like the ones you have in Guild Wars 1. More useful skills please.

4. Skin drops are too rare. I want to make a character and have particular builds and particular apperance becomes extremely difficult. I want to make a character, equip it properly then played the game. I prefer not to spend the entire time trying to get the things I want then have nothing to do afterwards. This is particularly true when you play different characters. Please make something work like this.

I want something worth while to obtain – not necessarily gears. I want to be able to make a character I am happy with – stats/skill build wise and also appearance wise. Then enjoy the game play and working towards something worthwhile. But it shouldnt be everything takes forever to obtain. It should be a few things hard but worthwhile to go for – titles or gears or other. Dont make everything take ages and ages to do.

5. Achievement wise, its like every little thing is an achievement. It isnt. Its like you ate dinner, achievement, you took a walk, achievement. You stop feeling like its anything at all. Its too insignificant. As opposed to fun titles in Guild Wars 1, -blessed by fate, wisdom titles, gladiator, skills, ale hound, etc… those are alot more interesting and fun.

Please head in this direction. Otherwise there it just deprives me of interest and motivation to play. I want to play this game, please consider seriously.

Posted by: Amane.9158

Amane.9158

Not sure where to put this suggestion but an emote for throwing confetti into the air (or even a gemstore toy).

Sometimes gameplay just calls for confetti no?

Posted by: Hevoskuuri.3891

Hevoskuuri.3891

Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but would it be possible to make a mobile app or a website for the Gem store (not TP)? This way people could take advantage of the sales, seasonal stuff and gem store rotations even if they are out on holiday for example, and can’t log in to the game while something delicious is available.

All the user would have to do is to link their account to the store with an API key or something similar, and the bought items would be delivered into their account mail.

Posted by: Sister Saxifrage.7361

Sister Saxifrage.7361

Filtering out already-unlocked dyes in the TP!

Gryphon.2875

Not sure if this has ever been asked before, but would it be possible to make a mobile app or a website for the Gem store (not TP)? This way people could take advantage of the sales, seasonal stuff and gem store rotations even if they are out on holiday for example, and can’t log in to the game while something delicious is available.

All the user would have to do is to link their account to the store with an API key or something similar, and the bought items would be delivered into their account mail.

/signed

Posted by: Stormdancer.5089

Stormdancer.5089

I love GW and have played it since GW1 first came out, I’m not sure if this is the place to ask this, as I don’t normally join in on discussions, but I think GW2 is missing some content that would help bring guilds together, and make thing’s a lot more fun and guild based.

1. You can’t have very many people from the guild in the guildhall at once, I think the maximum is 5 ppl and then it will ask you to change maps, I mean seriously, I run a small guild and yet we can’t meet up in the guildhall! That is just beyond daft.

2. At the moment huge amounts of work and resource’s go into building up a guildhall, and I love decorating it, but the decoration and placing of items is extremely hard work. It would also be great if you could lock items in place, so that when trying to place other items you don’t accidentally go and remove decorations that are all ready in place, and have probably spent ages trying to get in the right place! Yes I have done this more then once, extremely annoying with things being so fiddly.

3. With all the work that’s gone into building up a guildhall, I would love to have people in the guild have a reason to use it! At the moment there really isn’t much reason for people to go there. Having crafting, bank, black lion traders that can be placed would give people a reason to visit and use the hall.

4. It would be great that if you logged off, whilst your character was in the guildhall, that when you came back on that is where your character started from, we have people that have picked there favourite spot in the guildhall and have set up homes, and would like to start and end there journey in their home in the guildhall.

5. Enable a guildhall chest, I’ve put in a jumping puzzle, probably like a lot of guilds in the gilded hollow, to the top of the tree outside through the roof, it would be great if the guild could place a chest in the guild hall, again to give a reason for people to use this huge space, that so much time and effort has gone into, or enable a chest in the guildhall, so that you can play hide and seek! just ideas for using what I think is a really under used area for the guild, apart from the nodes in the guild hall, most people don’t even bother to visit it at the moment, even if a special chest was released that I would have to buy with gems, I would do it, like some of the upgrades to the home instance.

I love the game, and would really like to see the guild halls become a centre point for the guild, rather then an ohh yes u have one!

Thank you

Posted by: Bloodlet.1427

Bloodlet.1427