[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SlippyCheeze.5483

SlippyCheeze.5483

About Agent of entropy and Hobby Dungeon Explorer achievements:

After completings these two achievemnts (250/250) and (200/200) they keep appearing in the Nearly compleated list without giving additional AP which is really annoying because it takes a place in the list without provinding useful information. Hopefully the team removes them from the nearly completed list after being completed.

Note that at least Agent of Entropy is repeatable forever, so what you are seeing is your progress through the next round of the achievement. It doesn’t award more AP after a while, but it’s still, y’know, an achievement.

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

Note that at least Agent of Entropy is repeatable forever, so what you are seeing is your progress through the next round of the achievement. It doesn’t award more AP after a while, but it’s still, y’know, an achievement.

Usually players check the nearly completed list to see which achievents are the closest to give them AP. There is no point for that one to appear after completing it because it will only take the place and make of another “almost complete achievement” and make players unaware of it.

Posted by: Vegeta.2563

Vegeta.2563

Let us double click decorations from our inventory anywhere in game and deposit it into the guild we are representing at the time.

Also more guild slots would be nice !

This Guild Is Fire [PRUF]

Posted by: qbalrog.8017

qbalrog.8017

How about an option in search in the trading post to only show dyes, minis, skins, etc. that we haven’t unlocked on our account yet? Seems like that might help boost TP activity as well as make it easier to browse so those who want cosmetics.

Posted by: Rasman.7812

Rasman.7812

I wouldn’t mind being able to see how many friends/followers that are online, and how many i have in total.

The code exists in guild panel, so shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to copy that to the friends panel.

Posted by: Sartharina.3542

Sartharina.3542

Invisible/safe Bags need to have loot sort into them last, and be immune to compacting.

I wouldn’t mind being able to see how many friends/followers that are online, and how many i have in total.

The code exists in guild panel, so shouldn’t take more than 5 minutes to copy that to the friends panel.

Um… it’s also already in the Contacts/LFG panel.

Posted by: MyPuppy.8970

MyPuppy.8970

Could we define what junk is, so we could sell it along other junks? Like minor/major runes or blue/green items for those who dont bother salvaging. Some people don’t craft either and maybe just want to sell all upgrade/crafting components out of their inventory.

Lily Bertine [NG]/[GiRL]
Nerfentalist of Augury Rock

SlippyCheeze.5483

Could we define what junk is, so we could sell it along other junks? Like minor/major runes or blue/green items for those who dont bother salvaging. Some people don’t craft either and maybe just want to sell all upgrade/crafting components out of their inventory.

Forgive me, but almost all of those are worth more on the trading post than sold to the vendor; it’s probably not the most useful strategy for dealing with the situation.

Posted by: Egon Vidar.9125

Egon Vidar.9125

Class/profession customized keybinds. I’ve been away from the game for a year and a half, and I’ve played a good amount of Overwatch – where you can change the keybinds for each character. I don’t know if it’s been brought up before, if so, I guess I’ll be bringing it up again.

I use a 17 button MMO mouse to play GW2. Switching between, say, Engineer, Elementalist, and Guardian can be an absolute nightmare because what keybinds work for an Engie can feel totally wrong for other classes. I would love it so much if these could be changed and customized for each profession..

(edited by Egon Vidar.9125)

Posted by: Ookamikun.6472

Ookamikun.6472

I still think saving a wardrobe loadout should be implement. I want this design for my character but want to move on, yet want to keep a reference for that loadout before changing for future preference.

Posted by: Selein.5237

Selein.5237

My suggestion is about Tomes of Knowledge. I get them all the time in pvp and wvw reward tracks. They’re absolutely useless to me and many others. I think a great way to make them useful but not too useful would be for them to grant pvp or wvw reward track progress when the player is in those environtments. Example: while in Heart of the Mists or a Borderland, activating a Tome of Knowledge grants you 75 points in reward track progress. I only use 75 points as an example, it could be any amount though I think 75 is reasonable.

Allowing people flexibility with this item will make myself and many, man others much happier getting a tome of knowledge. More than making players happy, expanding the usefulness of Tomes of Knowledge will reduce player resentment at receiving one like its something to be cherished instead of something to be deleted.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

My suggestion is about Tomes of Knowledge. I get them all the time in pvp and wvw reward tracks. They’re absolutely useless to me and many others. I think a great way to make them useful but not too useful would be for them to grant pvp or wvw reward track progress when the player is in those environtments. Example: while in Heart of the Mists or a Borderland, activating a Tome of Knowledge grants you 75 points in reward track progress. I only use 75 points as an example, it could be any amount though I think 75 is reasonable.

Allowing people flexibility with this item will make myself and many, man others much happier getting a tome of knowledge. More than making players happy, expanding the usefulness of Tomes of Knowledge will reduce player resentment at receiving one like its something to be cherished instead of something to be deleted.

I’d love this, actually. Probably love it enough to stop making alts so I can use tomes on them. :P

Wouldn’t even have to have them be in the game mode, necessarily. Add PvP/WvW progress potions to Miyami and the PvP/WvW vendors and just trade the tomes in. Bam, progress.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Szaku.1495

Szaku.1495

1. some of the HoT legendary (chuka&champawat, nevermore etc) have footfalls that are extremely brief, compared to others. considering the animations of them are already quite reserved, i think it’d be nice if the time of the footfall animation was lengthened (significantly)

2. i feel a counter should be added to salvage tools when extracting season 3 mats for unbound magic (jade shards, bloodstone ore etc). having to confirm each and every item is painstaking. i can see why a “salvage all” option may not work, but a number counter that allows you to select the amount you wish to salvage would be ideal.

SlippyCheeze.5483

1. some of the HoT legendary (chuka&champawat, nevermore etc) have footfalls that are extremely brief, compared to others. considering the animations of them are already quite reserved, i think it’d be nice if the time of the footfall animation was lengthened (significantly)

Sadly, they opted to add arm effects instead of longer footfalls to these, so that’s a design choice, and unlikely to change…

Posted by: Pixxel.3897

Pixxel.3897

I’d like a build-up overview of my magic-find, similar in functionality to the hover-over option you have in the achievements tab of the hero-menu:

• Permanent
  • Daily
  • Montly

MF would look something like this:

• Permanent (from achievements)
  • Luck
  • Boons (preferably with sources, e.g. guild boost, food, banner, etc)
  • Any other source i’ve missed

And while you’re at it, perhaps a similar thing for other stats too!

Posted by: trixantea.1230

trixantea.1230

I wonder why didn’t Anet add a recommanded tier 4 daily fractal.

Posted by: Aeon.4583

Aeon.4583

I will repeat my old post with some additions.

-Collapsed sections in Craft-List.

-Queue for craftings.

-Salvagable minor runes.

-Unique Skill and Trait set for Fractals of the Mists. ( Like Pve-WvW-Pvp have different sets )

- Hotkeys for bag slots ( or atleast shared slots for food\potion\etc activation without using inventory )
- Hotkey for show\hide helmet armor slot
- Indicator of how many of same items you have in inventory in loot list section

for ex. i have looted mithril and it shows like this in loot UI side:
(1) mithril ore
(2) mithril ore
(3) mithril ore

Posted by: Zodiac Gemini.8620

Zodiac Gemini.8620

Hello all! It would be really good if I can filter crafting according to its category. (e.g. Refinements)

Is it possible somehow?

Posted by: Dumat.1479

Dumat.1479

I would like to see some item where I can keep all “portal” items. There are a lot of items in the game that can teleport you to some location or some map, or some special area. It would be great to have item that can consume other teleport items (I am interested in permanent items mostly). I would like to by this kind of item from gem store and I would pay a lot for it. Like 2000 gems maybe.

Posted by: Ototo.3214

Ototo.3214

Build templates. Please, for the love of Dwayna.

Posted by: Feanor.2358

Feanor.2358

For the love of god, please do something about the salvageable materials from Season 3 (Blood Rubies, Petrified Wood, Jade Shards). There’s a HUGE discrepancy in the way you get Unbound Magic from these and Winterberries. You can consume a whole stack of Winterberries at once. Easy and simple. For Rubies? Double-click your salvage tool. Click the rubies. Click “Yes”. Repeat 249 more times. It’s ridiculous, annoying and literally unusable.

Posted by: SirPuddlesworth.6783

SirPuddlesworth.6783

Please add:

GUILD SLOT EXPANDER

-The ability to join more than 5 guilds.

Posted by: Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Kaltyn of Torbins Deep.2946

Map suggestion: With the increased complexity and verticality to the maps, add an outline to ALL map icons indicating what level is on. For example, on a 3 level map, bottom level is red, middle is green, and top is blue. When I’m on the top level trying to get to a POI, I can see that it has a red outline on it, so I know that the POI I’m headed to is at the bottom of the map…instead of arriving at it and finding out that it is 25000 below me.

Posted by: Shinji.8320

Shinji.8320

If anybody has the time to create a couple extra chat commands, it’d be really lovely to see some new emotes, such as ones that let you get the knocked-down and/or “downed” poses without requiring being attacked. Useful for RP and also for just messing around.

#Revive14kThiefBackstabs
Phnglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu Rl’yeh wga’nagl fhtagn.

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

It would be really nice to be able to filter the lists of achievements and collections (such as trees* and leaves*) so that they only show if a/some certain condition(s) is/are met.

Two filters immediately come to mind: achievement points are available and mastery are available points. (There might be more.)

Footnotes:

• By tree, I mean they layers of folders in which leaves* are found. For example, “Story Journal” | “Gates of Maguuma”.
  • By leaf, I mean the individual “achievement” under a tree. “Zephyr’s Ascent” under “Story Journal” | “Gates of Maguuma”, for example.

SlippyCheeze.5483

gw2efficiency.com (and, probably, other GW2 API using websites) provide these features today, while you wait for the core game to support them.

Daddicus.6128

Interesting. I didn’t realize that. But, I should have, since I seem to have an account.

Also, do they have a preferred browser? Many of the controls don’t work with my usual IE.

Posted by: Essarious Quw.8946

Essarious Quw.8946

This is related to Scribing and the Guild Hall…

Please convert all trophies (as in the completed ones) into inter-active objects. When activated (using F) they should tell you their level (bronze – silver – gold), the name of the raid wing, and the name of the boss.

For example.
BRONZE – SPIRIT VALE – VALE GUARDIAN or some sort of combination of those facts.

Currently my guild is close to reaching monument cap as the raiders in our guild wish to label each of their trophies. We’re using the monuments to also set out guild rules, and have several memorials for lost members which absolutely cannot be removed, so please help us with this quality of life fix.

Posted by: Jack Redline.5379

Jack Redline.5379

Hi i hope this is right topic for this forum.

I would like to ask devs if there is possibility to adjust TP the way we could simply tick the stuff we want to sell and then only sell it as one salles request because this way we have to always click the item then the window opens if we really want to sell it and we click yes and imagine that you have full inventory of stuff say 60-80 slots and you have to do this to every single piece. It consumes a lot of time and also the TP can not process more than 20 requests at time and you have to wait then untill it is possible to sell again. I am sure this would be highly appreciated. Pls if i wrote to wrong forum tell me where i can send this so devs could see it.

Thank you for your time.

SlippyCheeze.5483

Interesting. I didn’t realize that. But, I should have, since I seem to have an account. Also, do they have a preferred browser? Many of the controls don’t work with my usual IE.

No idea. I use chrome and it works fine. There is a ticket tracker, though, so I guess report it to them and see what they say? The developer is pretty responsive. Find the link at, like, the bottom of the page or something?

Posted by: Amaimon.7823

Amaimon.7823

I also would like to be able to exclude achievements from showing up on the suggestion tab, because ever since LS2 started, it’s been Get the Gold and Coin Collector at the front page, and I kinda want to see some other achievements for a change. I don’t plan on finishing those

Posted by: ofthesamvariety.7801

ofthesamvariety.7801

With the new mastery, can the ground targeting circle go red when you have no line of sight/fail like a skill? Several times now I’ve wasted my last charge of the Oakheart’s Essence because I didn’t realise there was a piece of rock in the way and it latched onto that instead, so I ended up nowhere near where I wanted to be.

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

Make Nourishment duration stack. It’s really annoying to check every 10 minutes how long your nourishment buffs will last and lots of its vallue goes to waste because you refresh your buffs before they run out.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

At the character select screen, when the mouse is over the list of characters at the bottom, with the left and right arrows (if you have more than one character – the ‘carousel’, the mouse wheel should roll the carousel.

Rauderi.8706

At the character select screen, when the mouse is over the list of characters at the bottom, with the left and right arrows (if you have more than one character – the ‘carousel’, the mouse wheel should roll the carousel.

With as many alts as I have.. PLEASE do this, ANet. Or at least make PgUp PgDn scroll the list.

Many alts; handle it!
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: ashkir.6395

ashkir.6395

Some Suggestions:

Interface Size – There is a new generation of resolutions, with 3000×2000 being the most common new resolution we will encounter now. The largest interface size in the options still looks like it’s made for ants. But, it’s bearable. However, the chatbox isn’t! The chatbox and the interface size need even larger scaling options, especially the chatbox.

Salma District – It is very, very, very, popular with RPers, even though they shouldn’t be in there. Why is it popular? The empty houses and taverns! RPers love it! I would suggest making it easier to access.

Posted by: stormgaard.8429

stormgaard.8429

id love a professional suit outfit, for male and female of course. Mainly for RP reasons but it would still be great

Daddicus.6128

I just reported my opening post, and asked them to move it.

Posted by: draconicrose.6213

draconicrose.6213

Searching in the inventory should just grey out non-matching items and highlight matching items instead of making everything disappear. Use case: Want to salvage a single rare, can’t find my salvage kit. Search for it but when double-clicking the inventory doesn’t return to normal.

Posted by: Chrury.4627

Chrury.4627

Here’s a couple suggestions:
The wardrobe in the bank is sorted alphabetically. Can we please do the same with the wardrobe options panel? It’s a mess!

Also, could we have a “Hide Gemstore Items” checkbox and a “Hide Black Lion skins” checkbox in the bank wardrobe? It’s great that you’re adding new stuff but it disrupts my collectivist streak.

Posted by: Aeon.4583

Aeon.4583

-Collapsed sections in Craft-List.

-Queue for craftings.

-Salvagable minor runes.

-Unique Skill and Trait set for Fractals of the Mists. ( Like Pve-WvW-Pvp have different sets )
- Hotkeys for bag slots ( or atleast shared slots for food\potion\etc activation without using inventory )
- Hotkey for show\hide helmet armor slot
- Indicator of how many of same items you have in inventory in loot list section

(corrected) for ex. i have looted mithril and it shows like this in loot UI side:
(1) mithril ore
(2) mithril ore
(4) 2 mithril ore

- Make Peppermint Omnomberry Bar cost less Candy Cane to craft or add Candy Cane recipe for crafting using Candy Corn items.

Posted by: Hodophilax.3597

Hodophilax.3597

-Ability to set dye search results on the trading post to only show colors we don’t have. Perhaps the dyes could also show their color in the search results instead of requiring a mouse hover to reveal them.

-Slider or some sort of incremental choice for the amount and/or frequency of camera shake. The default is just too high but I’d love to have at least some.

-Ability to use guild logo (or some logo signifying guilds) as a commander tag when running guild events. This would not only look cool, but would let players in the map know that the commander isn’t running a group for a map meta or anything like that.

-The option somewhere, maybe with the world map open, to flip between characters on that account to view their world completion status without having to log in each character. Maybe also other information such as story completion.

-Ability to choose between a fullscreen world map or a windowed map with an alpha channel. Or maybe the option to have a windowed map just for the zone you’re currently in. Opening and closing the world map constantly is very sluggish. Linking waypoints and points of interest is also awkward with the current setup.

-Profession-specific back pieces that don’t require a tradeskill to make. Something that only a thief can make and equip, for example. Maybe a couple different tiers of them. Turn it into a bunch of quests so it’s got a little story, I dunno. I’d love to see something like this, especially since I want more engineer-themed back pieces since they seem to be lacking.

(edited by Hodophilax.3597)

Posted by: OniGiri.9461

OniGiri.9461

Special action key for the DPS Golem that lets us reset him to the last entered configuration.

Since its an Training Area this is a very logical option (imo).

Another way to do it would be an option on the area console that lets us save an golem configuration for that instance we are in so we can go back and just “spawn saved configuration”. This way we only need to configure him once at the beginning

Posted by: Uthrax.4975

Uthrax.4975

Love the inventory system in GW2. Being able to, stack, resize, move, SEARCH; it’s clean yet artful.

One suggestion; Please add a ‘Material Storage’ icon next to the ‘Wallet’ icon in the lower left corner of the inventory screen.

I don’t want to be able to move items, just want to be ale to SEE what’s in there when I’m not at a bank.

Gems will be purchased if this is ever implemented, or of course made as a Gem Store item.

Hopefully I’m not looking stupid and there isn’t already something in the game that lets you do this. If so, DOH, clue a Homer in please….

“If there is one sound that follows the march of humanity, it is the scream.”
-David Gemmell

Posted by: Brian.6435

Brian.6435

I don’t know if this would be considered a quality of life suggestions, but I didn’t really feel making a new topic about this to be necessary.

-A way to change the back drop of your character in the character select screen. I know style is opinionated, but the current HoT, jungly-looking painters back drop has always made me want to vomit every time I log in.

I’d like to see real back drops again, like GW1 had, or just back drops that are stylized versions of your races home city or something.

Posted by: vmtarsis.3798

vmtarsis.3798

I know this isn’t as big of a deal as some of the other things on this thread, but I would like to point out something that is immersion breaking. In the Grove, there is a cat on one of the lilies in the grove. You know what I’m talking about. This cat has one of those asura snowmaking machines which is quite loud, and is taking up a prominent lily in the little pond. This used to be one of my favorite places in the Grove, but now the sound and the visual of the snow making machine ruin it for me.
If it is at all possible, can we make this cat, and the other festival cats, only available during their respective festivals? Like the SAB cat won’t be available until next year. I’m not asking you to move him, just make him be something special for that time of year.

Thank you for reading

Posted by: Hawkey.7923

Hawkey.7923

We need more items like Mawdrey II, Princess, etc.. They are just great, so i thought there should be more ways to kinda ’’exploit’’ this mechanic.. I would love to see item that consumes for example Airship oil (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Bottle_of_Airship_Oil) or Leyline sparks (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ley_Line_Spark). Or even both at same like some of these garbage eaters do
The issue for me is that a lot of players (including myself) doesn’t use these materials anyway, since the only thing you can make with them is fulgurite, which is used either in crystalline ore refinement or ascended crafting. If you do daily meta-events while looting all the chests, then this stuff piles up super quickly. Don’t get me wrong, it certainly has its uses, but it would be great if we had something to get rid of those excess materials without destroying them, when they are not needed.

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

Concerning updates notes, and especially balance patches like the one we got last tuesday.

For better lisibility, I’d like things to be sorted by game mode. For example :

• Guardian :
    • General changes :
      • Change that affects all game modes 1
      • Change that affects all game modes 2
      • etc.
    • PvP only :
      • Change concerning PvP only 1
      • Change concerning PvP only 2

Rauderi.8706

Concerning updates notes, and especially balance patches like the one we got last tuesday.

For better lisibility, I’d like things to be sorted by game mode. For example :

• Guardian :
    • General changes :
      • Change that affects all game modes 1
      • Change that affects all game modes 2
      • etc.
    • PvP only :
      • Change concerning PvP only 1
      • Change concerning PvP only 2

Yes, please. There were a ton of PvP changes, which got me concerned for some of my characters, until I saw at the end the “PvP” text. In the very least, please put “In PvP only,” at the beginning of the update text to frame it better.

Many alts; handle it!

Posted by: TheQuickFox.3826

TheQuickFox.3826

It would be nice to have a trading post filter for items with locked skins.

Ascalon will prevail!

GW Wiki user page  |  GW2 Wiki user page