[Suggestions] Quality of Life Changes

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

Why am I only now noticing this thread…

Please disable tool tips during combat.

I’m a clicker and often get a wall of text obscuring my view during combat. This is GAME BREAKING! Who reads tools tips in combat anyway?

Please either disable tool tips in combat or give us the ability to put a delay on them so they don’t pop up unless we hover for longer.

Posted by: nopoet.2960

nopoet.2960

- When you walk up to an anvil the interact button should sat Repair. When you click your armor should be repaired no dialog needed.

- Get rid of the sell junk button on vendors. The junk should be sold automatically when you interact with them.

- When you enter one of the major cities your armor should automatically be repaired and junk sold.

- Our home instance need a portal to our guild hall.

Posted by: Aziago.4638

Aziago.4638

“The Mistlock Sanctuary’s portal to Tyria has been updated with additional teleportation options. Players may now choose to return to the location where they used their Mistlock Sanctuary Passkey.”

I think this change is amazing but find it very saddening that it wasn’t added to ALL the passkey locations.

Posted by: Nightshade.5924

Nightshade.5924

This is in at least a dozen comments… there NEEDS TO BE A KEYRING.

We have a wallet that unifies currencies across the account. Recently ANet added a tome that allowed the unification of the various teleport to zone maps available for the current Living World storyline.

So why is there NO KEYRING? Make it like the wallet, put the icon next to the wallet on the inventory, BOOM, done. And BOOM, bunches of happy players.

nuff said

Posted by: Embered.5089

Embered.5089

Belcher’s Bluff — make it so that it temporarily deactivates buffs, not removes them c:

Posted by: Daraku.2106

Daraku.2106

Path of fire related. When you jump on a raptor mount and land while running you always do a mini right hop and then left hop before you continue running normally. I think it would look more natural if the game did a left/right elevation check (like when you stand idle on foot on a slope your leg on top of the slope will be more elevated than the other) when you land and if the spot you landed on is significantly more elevated on the left side the raptor will jump left then right and reversed if the right side is more elevated (I don’t know anything about animals and how they move but I think that’s how they do it). If there isn’t much of an elevation difference either way then the jump animation is played randomly (just in case one side of anmoon oasis is elevated by a single degree or something).

Posted by: santenal.1054

santenal.1054

I would like a keybind that when pressed makes you target the nearest ally in downed state, too often one can not target and therefor not ressurect an ally in the heat of battle due to too many clones/pets/minions/enemies blocking every attempt in clicking on him.

Posted by: Laeothrin.3589

Laeothrin.3589

I would like it if the eyebrows of human and born characters automatically changed to match your hair color. I would also like to be able to strafe right and left on mounts, as that didn’t seem to be possible in the PoF preview.

Posted by: hugo.4705

hugo.4705

The first person camera is just HORRIBLE!! Make it change calibrate her! If you zoom as more as you can with your zoom in key, you see the world through… I don’t really know, belly or genitals?! It’s the case with humans, and for asura it seem you float over his heads, she SHOULD be calibrate in function of the height of your character!! :o
First person = See through his eyes!
Not his belly like if your characters don’t exist: a giant floating eyeball!
I’m censed to see only his face!

Attachments:

Join Inquest or Aetherblades that’s a terrible choice!
Please Anet, more underground, more asuran cities!
[TP] Bring back Moto’s boom box!

Posted by: Kryldost.3401

Kryldost.3401

Playing as a druid is fun, but it is near impossible in the heat of battle to heal players effectively. Could there be an option added to the HUD to show health bars above player’s head? At the very least for the party? Even if it was something where you have to hold down a specific hotkey, it would truly be a game changer for users who plays support classes.

Posted by: jerrac.4132

jerrac.4132

• As many many others have commented, a keyring is needed for all the keys we have to carry around in HoT now. This is especially important if any new key types are going to be added in Path of Fire. Please make sure the keyring works for all types of keys, and is account wide.
  • Give us more ways to organize our banks. Or, maybe, just an easier way to filter than the search box. Maybe something like what the Black Lion Trading Company UI has?
  • Give us a Boost Box. I have a ton of boosts, like the Celebration Booster, sitting around in my bank than never get used. A boosts box that all account characters can access would be very helpful.
  • Let Food based buffs stack.
  • Show, in some manner, what kind of buff a tray of <insert food here> will give you before you use it. Same similar kinds of buffing items.
  • Let us turn on an “Explore” mode. When leveling a character, if you can’t do the next story mission, the compass shows you the nearest waypoint, POI, viewpoint, etc. There are times I’d like to just turn that on, even if the next story is available. Especially when I’m trying to get world completion on a character.
  • Let us turn off the story compass entirely. I have one character that is never going to do the story, but he always has the “Meed Quinn at the apothecary” text and green start visible. It’s annoying.

Posted by: Korval.3751

Korval.3751

This is a copy of my post from
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestion-Racial-Changes/first#post6701264

Hi, Gaile, and other community members.

This request may at first appear far-fetched, but I’ve given it thought. Please, give it a read through. Thank you!

So from the get-go I understand the complexity this entails with the personal story, so I have suggestions for how to handle it.

1. Changing races remain locked as a Gem Store purchase until players reach Chapter 8 – Victory or Death. This limitation would not be an account unlock, rather character unlocks. The reason for this is the personal story begins as a complex branching diagram of choices up until Chapter 8. As far as I know, once players reach Chapter 8 – Victory or Death, this becomes the same linear experience for all players. I thought by this point changing races would be feasible because this would not impede the final personal story episode.

2. As far as how to handle Chapters 1-7, they can remain locked entries much like Season 1 of the Living Story. While the wording may apply to the player character’s previous race, it only becomes a foot note going forward.

So in quick summary, the option to purchase racial changes:
1. Remain locked until a player’s character reaches Chapter 8. Huge incentive to do the content.
2. After changing races, Chapters 1-7 of the personal story will not change, and remain the original race’s progress.
3. Bonus: There is a 72-hour waiting period after changing races. (Inspired by WOW’s race changes)

Does this sound doable?

Posted by: YarrCaptainJuan.7248

YarrCaptainJuan.7248

Ability to equip all my weapons a character can carry. Even if they are disabled for hot Swap in battle as far as game balancing

I just find I want to Swap weapons to keep the game feeling fresh and taking them
Around in my inventory is a bit of a pain.

Something around switching between 2H and 2 Weapon as well so it would fix that if they were all equipped at once.

Posted by: Red Zero.1850

Red Zero.1850

Could we have an equitable Travel Toy Toggle using the upcoming Mount System?

• Have an Equipment slot on the Equipment page for toy items like the Magic Carpet, Witch’s Broom, or Batwing Brew
  • That item then gains a toggle like a Mount which can be selected and toggled off and on with a quick keystroke bind.
  • Would provide for more seamless play for these items, rather than the hassle of opening, selecting, and closing the inventory menu every time.

Posted by: Ayuruk.3980

Ayuruk.3980

Be able to switch gear and specs on the fly via saved load outs. For example, I’m a dps dh, now if I want to play a heal/support guardian having a button that switches my gear and specs to a saved load out would be amazing. Rahter than taking 5to10 mins switching all my gear and specs one at a time.

Posted by: Boogiepop Void.6473

Boogiepop Void.6473

Updated based on feedback and with suggestions from redditors.

Emergency Priority:

• Color Blind Mode! There are people who can’t play or can’t play all modes because they literally can’t see things like ability marker circles.

General:

• Build templates – let us save armor/weapon/equipment/trait builds and restore them with a single click. Current setup discourages experimentation.
  • Clothing templates – let us save skin setups and restore them at will (just charge the transmutation charges as a group).
  • Dye templates – Save dye configurations and apply at will to any armor or outfit we want (go by order for dealing with lower numbers of channels).
  • Let us consume multiple food/utility items at once and stack the duration, instead of having to constantly mouse over and check our skill bar (very useful for raids). Note this is different from the metabolic and utility primers as they extend the normal duration to match their own, whereas this is just stacking the normal durations.
  • Give us a library in our home instance to store book items so they aren’t clogging inventory. Otherwise we just delete them and read the wiki if we want to go back.
  • Tonic wardrobe, housing all infinite and finite tonics and accessible by any character whenever they want to use a tonic transform. (Suggested by Grey Winters)
  • Show actual amounts for the character you are on for percentage food on mouseover (ie show what 3% or ferocity into power will actually mean for the character you are logged in as).
  • Equip second ring and accessory with menu (ie “equip offhand”) as can be done with weapons, instead of always replacing the first ring or accessory unless manually dragging in the equipment menu. (Suggested by Gnobold)
  • Icon in LFG for groups that shows they are in full maps (but doesn’t show if you are in the map in question). Would save a lot of trying to change maps and getting an error message.
  • Ability to lock or queue reward tracks for PVP and WVW rather than defaulting back to a random track (usually CoF) when your current one is completed. (Suggested by Bunter)
  • Option to switch guide between story and event/map completion mode, without having to finish the story. (Suggested by Mea)
  • Option to have chat display region next to all messages. Saves a lot of “are you NA or EU?” when trying to gather groups or set up events.
  • Option to display account name or selected nickname next to all messages. Helps identify people, as most people are known by account, not character, of which they have many differently named.

Classes & abilities:

• Animation Lock – Abilities with animation locks (ie Hundred Blades) should immediately unlock on hitting the dodge key. The need to manually unlock by moving a little before dodge will respond makes these abilities unwieldy and leads to TONS of missed dodges.
  • Classes with alternate forms – Have a way to look at the alternate form abilities without actually transforming. Especially pertinent for Druid and Necro, since their transforms are on a timer and have to be built up by combat, so it is hard to transform just to be able to read the abilities.
  • Stealth abilities – An actual countdown would make stealth much more usable, instead of the simple status icon we have now. Given how stealth works, something near the center of the screen would be more appropriate than a tiny icon in the status bar.
  • Engineer – Return from down/dead state in the same kit you were using when you went down, instead of resetting to default weapon.
  • Revenant Herald – The Channel wheel beneath the feet of a Rev in Glint makes it hard to see the terrain. An alternate tracking method would be of great help (perhaps next to the change legend icon or above the dodge bar).
  • Ranger – Sword 2 and 3 require so much room and are so hard to control that they make sword almost unusable in areas with complex terrain and/or lethal drops. A slight rework to how they function to make them more controllable and less subject to terrain vagaries would bring the weapon back to usability.

TP

• Let us queue up items to buy and sell on the TP and buy or sell them all at once.
  • Search for skin instead of specific weapons. Getting hundreds of duplicates due to stat variations when you are just looking to unlock and salvage is not useful.
  • Search for locked skins.

Continued in following post due to character limit

(edited by Boogiepop Void.6473)

Boogiepop Void.6473

Mystic Forge:

• Let us queue up repeated mystic forge transmutations instead of having to re-add the items over and over.
  • Remember forged items (MF recipes) so we don’t constantly have to jump in and out of the game to look things up on the wiki. The discovery aspect is only fun the first time. Also let us just find recipes for high-level stuff like legendaries that we just look up on the wiki. We shouldn’t have to leave the game to play it.
  • Let us access the bank from the mystic forge panel. Ideally this would function as it does in the crafting panel (and in conjunction with MF recipes), but at least add an access tab so we can move relevant items to inventory without running back and forth to the bank.\
  • Expand the left panel. We need more space for manipulating the panels, rather than a giant, mostly empty art panel that has no function.

Crafting:

• Let us auto-craft sub-items in a recipe instead of having to dig down and do every item one by one. This also avoids overcrafting since you can’t accidentally craft 3 of something when the final item needs only 2, etc.
  • Remember selected sorting/categories in the crafting panel (so we don’t have to turn off crafting levels every time we log in).
  • Expand the left panel. We need more space for manipulating the panels, rather than a giant, mostly empty art panel that has no function.

Inventory:

• Put a button for Deposit All right on the interface, instead of in a sub menu.
  • Have an option to put such a button for sort as well.
  • Have an option to outline or otherwise mark non-sorting and invisible slots when bag view is off.
  • Ensure that, if possible, when two one-handed weapons are replaced by a two-handed weapon, both weapons end up in the same bag as the two-handed weapon came from. Currently, the off-hand weapon can end up at the first available slot, which can cause issues with organization and can make it visible when it shouldn’t be if an invisible bag was being used for spare weapons.
  • Allow for the behavior of bags or slots (invisible, autogather X, etc.) to be set, rather than being based on buying a special bag type.
  • Auto-stack shared inventory slots.
  • Key/map item wallet. For example the 9 map event items from Bitterfrost should at not be taking up inventory space on every character. This discourages going back to the map because you would rather just not have this junk in your inventory.
  • Account bind map items instead of soulbinding them. For example the 9 map event items from Bitterfrost should at least be able to be swapped to other characters.
  • Options for displaying multiple currencies (and key levels, if in wallet) at the bottom of the inventor, ie show Gold, Karma, Gears, and Crowbars when in Verdant Brink, as these are the relevant things to know in VB. Also an option to display on the UI somewhere so they can be tracked without opening inventory.

Fractals:

• Make ascended ring, trinket, etc. drops stat-selectable as armor and weapons are, and add HoT and PoF stats to the selection pool for all ascended drops. Right now most non-armor/weapon ascended drops are so low value due to useless stat combos that they aren’t even salvaged (not worth the very expensive ascended tools), they are just deleted. This would also remove the multiple tabs from the vendors for separate core and HoT stat selection, although this may run into issues with there being multiple classes of account. At least improved the labeling to make it easier to tell which stats you are looking at.
  • Allow consume all on encrypted fractal boxes (decrypt as many as you have keys).
  • Show fractal levels available on daily pane for daily fractals, instead of making us go into the achieve panel to figure out the numbers.
  • Show fractal identity on recommended fractals.

Action Camera:

• Fix areas where action camera breaks interaction (for example, during the cannon sections of the final core story instance).
  • Fix cases where even though you are attacking something it is not targeted.
  • Fix cases where the target will shift back to the main boss even though you have targeted on minions (for example during intermediate phases of the Gerent fight) or will shift to minions even though you have targeted the main boss (for example the bandits during Sabetha).
  • Fix cases where camera interacts badly with terrain, rendering players blind due to the camera being behind them (ie when walls are too tight and you have to look in a certain direction).

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

FYI: There’s a pinned thread at the top of this forum section to submit QoL suggestions.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Posted by: Kite.2510

Kite.2510

Looks:

• Allow for hair to be visible upon wearing headgear that only covers half your character’s head. For a game that prioritize looks over tredmills it’s bizarre that it lacks this detail. As a medium I demand at least a proper Cowboy hat with my trenchcoat.

Inventory:

• Make core Tyria heart gear salvageable or sellable. The price and content from taking said actions don’t have to represent the apparent value of the item. Just don’t make us destroy them.
  • Make items from expired events auto removable upon the event’s completion, expiration, or abandonment due to zoning out. Don’t make us question the origin of every item.
  • Give us ways to get rid specific map items like the potion content of bitterfrost fromtier or the lost merchandise of Lake Doric. Don’t make us destroy them.
  • Allow us to turn stacks of dropped exotic recipes from the HoT maps into ascended ones if we have already unlocked all their all their content.

Fantastic list.
Could hardly find one thing to disagree on. Perhaps with the exception of the “Choose your bag type” suggestion. Variety is good.

…and don’t be toxic!

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

FYI: There’s a pinned thread at the top of this forum section to submit QoL suggestions.

Also might want to break that tl;dr into some smaller tl;dr posts.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Boogiepop Void.6473

No one looks at that post because it’s a ginormous mess.

Posted by: Maethor.2810

Maethor.2810

It might be a mess but it is still active, the devs purposely consolidated other QoL threads to that in favor of having one single thread, and eventually, this is going to move off the front page to get lost with all the older threads that would have to be found by manual digging as the search function on this forum doesn’t work.

But, just a suggestion.

~Signe Grimsdottir | Wynne Everheart | Magiere Massing~
The Archivist’s Sanctum [Lore] – Just Us Grown-Ups [JUGS]

Boogiepop Void.6473

It might be a mess but it is still active, the devs purposely consolidated other QoL threads to that in favor of having one single thread, and eventually, this is going to move off the front page to get lost with all the older threads that would have to be found by manual digging as the search function on this forum doesn’t work.

But, just a suggestion.

When it drops off the first page it gets sent to that thread by the mods anyway.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

Character customization:
Option to disable idle animations of our characters if we don’t like them.

UI:
Option to hide elements of the UI (exp bar, story mission tracker, etc).
Option to hide pet/summon/illusion names.

Posted by: Sazukikrah.5036

Sazukikrah.5036

I love build templates! i would love being able to quick swap weapons and armor with out having to click on every single piece of armor and ring.

Hadi the Edgemaster – Pro level Warrior (Youtube Hadi the Edgemaster)
Black Gate Tier 1 Roamer
Harbinger " I will make you (QQ)"

Posted by: Hiwi Kiwi.7386

Hiwi Kiwi.7386

+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000 to all of these. Wow, wonderful suggestions that would bring so many to this game!

" ’Cause in the end, all you really have are memories. "
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posted by: Tyger.1637

Tyger.1637

Actually they do.

If you don’t check; I submitted an idea for a ‘Living World’ portal book to put all our scrolls in as QoL request. 7 months later we got the LW Portal Tome.

Posted by: Bunter.3795

Bunter.3795

I love the list.

Two to add:

- WvW/PvP: ability to lock a reward track so it repeats rather than a different track (usually CoF)

- Give us a multi use abilikty for tomes of knowledge, I understand concerns with “consume all” but maybe give us a consume 10, or 20 button making it easier to consume them without as much clicking

A note about the one handed/two handed problem. If you have a space to the right of the two handed weapon and double click the weapon, the main/off hand combo will fill those two slots.

(edited by Bunter.3795)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Actually they do.

If you don’t check; I submitted an idea for a ‘Living World’ portal book to put all our scrolls in as QoL request. 7 months later we got the LW Portal Tome.

Just because an idea we like isn’t added to the game doesn’t mean the devs didn’t read it. (And likewise, just because it was added doesn’t mean they hadn’t already planned to include it, when they had time.)

All we know for sure is that some devs read some of what’s on the forums and reddit and others rely on folks that ANet pays to forward ideas on. “Cutting in line” by hijacking threads, duplicating threads, and worse, by typing up everything without filtering by your own priorities… all of that slows down the devs ability to absorb suggestions.

The OP in this thread would help ANet far, far better if they picked a couple of ideas that we important to them, rather than spammed all of the things they could think of into one post.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Boogiepop Void.6473

Actually they do.

Devs do, but most players don’t. Hence why we make the threads as normal and then let the mods integrate them once people have commented a bit. Otherwise ONLY the devs will look at things, and player reactions and further suggestions will be missed.

Posted by: Deathok.2914

Deathok.2914

+111
A lot of good ideas and they are actually realistic, even though I think some are a bit too convinient like the auto crafting but I think anet really should consider/add a lot of those ideas.

Toreno #16

Boogiepop Void.6473

There is no such thing as too convenient.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Not sure if this has already been suggested, I can’t read through almost 1k posts, but i would like to suggest an overhaul to the mailbox UI and the mail system.

I love the convenience Anet has given us being able to use the mailbox anytime, anywhere, but the current system has been with us since launch and could use a makeover.

1) I would like to see the pop up window to accept mail being sent either reworked, or removed completely. As it stands, it servers no purpose other than make us do an extra click. A confirmation pop up implies you could change what you’re doing, but in this case it does not. If we had an option to change our mind and cancel the mail, it would make sense, but as is, there’s no need for it at all.

2) This leads somewhat into the above. I would like to see a game message in chat (in perhaps a pale blue color or some that isn’t currently used) to show to whom we just sent mail. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sent mail only to doubt myself if it went to the right person. Having a record in chat would eliminate such doubts.

3) I love that we can right click an item in our bags and it automatically goes into the mailbox, instead of having to drag and drop as in some games. However, it would be even greater if the item we sent to the mailbox were greyed out or darkened in our bags to indicate it has already been sent, so we don’t try to send the same item again, saving us some extra clicks. This would give us at a glance the visual queues not only that an item has already been sent to the box, but also how many items were sent, saving us having to constantly flit from our bags to mailbox and back.

4) Lastly, it would be nice to get an increase in boxes. We currently can send 5 items, perhaps 8-10 would be more ideal and maybe double up the number of mails we can receive?

Thank you very much Anet devs for all your hard work, keep it up

Posted by: Ferelwing.8463

Ferelwing.8463

I really love this list!

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Colorblind mode would change this entire game for me. I wish Aner could implement it.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: eds.2081

eds.2081

+overninethousand

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Mystic Forge:

• Let us queue up repeated mystic forge transmutations instead of having to re-add the items over and over.
  • Remember forged items (MF recipes) so we don’t constantly have to jump in and out of the game to look things up on the wiki. The discovery aspect is only fun the first time. Also let us just find recipes for high-level stuff like legendaries that we just look up on the wiki. We shouldn’t have to leave the game to play it.
  • Let us access the bank from the mystic forge panel. Ideally this would function as it does in the crafting panel (and in conjunction with MF recipes), but at least add an access tab so we can move relevant items to inventory without running back and forth to the bank.\

Totally agree!
Less time sink, and more time spent playing.

Posted by: wilem.9635

wilem.9635

Can’t find a setting to disable Soulbeast’s effects on my character. That enveloping green fog is distracting. It’s too obtrusive, if I’m using the right word. It screams at you for attention, but I already know I’m in Soulbeast, okay? I don’t need that thing on my screen all the time. And I plan on running in perma-Soulbeast, so I’d very much like that effect to be gone, at least on my screen. Please add that option.

Another argument to be able to remove it is, people spend hours customising their character’s appearance – clothes, weapons, colors. And it all gets ruined by that unnecessary visual effect.

(edited by wilem.9635)

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

One of the things I used to love in GW1 was the ability to change second professions in-game for a small fee.

So, my suggestion for a QoL is a profession change ticket. Sometimes, playing one class, such as Guardian for 5 years is too much. We love our character, but maybe we just want to cast a few fireballs for a change. We don’t want to spend (whatever) time or money to create and level another character, and we may not have the money for an instant 80 ticket. So, for around 100 gold (transmuted to gems) you could grab a profession change ticket and make your warrior into a mesmer for a while, but still have it affordable enough that we could go back to being a guardian for a while. You would only get to use the elite specializations if you already have them unlocked, so a Tempest could become a Dragonhunter, but a mere Elementalist couldn’t.

Just a thought.

Level 80 Elementalist

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

Styles slots.

Add a style slot next to each equipped visible piece of equipment.

Have transmutation charges apply to the style slot, while letting equipment be swapped out freely without changing a character’s appearance.

Posted by: bradadad.8915

bradadad.8915

I came here just to find this thread because I expected it would exist.

I need a custom ui. Something to help usability for the vision impaired. I can’t really see who has retaliation with all the chaos going on. If I could emphasize all the buffs or even key buffs that I need to deal with. That’s my first vision issue. Chat font size being another. Being able to bring player and target bars to lower screen would be a big help for me.

Posted by: Neltisen.6891

Neltisen.6891

Split damage dealing stacks for each character that deal them, while decreasing max stack count per character to 15~20 count per stack in PvE and 5~10 count per stack in PvP

With new elite specs that are condition oriented, I do not quite like to be locked down with decision: play power or go solo, cause condition builds disturb each other

Posted by: Killerassel.2197

Killerassel.2197

A few minor suggestions, possibly duplicates:

• Guild hall portal: double click on destination to port instead of select destination and click button
  • feasts and utility stations should display the buff they provide; suggestion: let them have the buff they provide (i.e. target, mouse over on its buff bar to view buff)
  • mystic forge, quick fix: “again” button —> reinserts same ingredients as last transaction (helps a lot plowing through stacks of materials)
  • repeatable hearts: different icon for not-done-today and not-done-ever (i.e. still required for map completion)
  • guild bank: add to stack instead of having to merge them in one’s own inventory
  • gliding in home instance; I understand that it would break story instances, but out of stories it should be fine
  • disabling PvP league badge without access to the PvP panel; situations: new character and demo weekends (both!) (only a minor issue)

Retreating to waypoint in WvW could be improved. When trying to get out of fight I can chose to either look at the map and spam click the (spawn) waypoint or see where I’m running and whether someone follows me. Two possible solutions: show the closest open waypoint in the normal UI and/or as a hotkey, or queue the waypoint click and teleport as soon as possible. If queued it should either be possible to cancel or a confirmation dialog should pop up.

Likely a lot more work would be a tonic “wardrobe”: account wide access to (endless) tonics not using up valuable bag space. Combat tonics could have a check box to toggle autoactivation, like minis. Please include pinning my favorites to the top of the list.

And the classic: please add a book shelf into the home instance, where one can store and read all the acquired lore books, esp. from LS3.

(edited by Killerassel.2197)

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

As suggested here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Please-add-a-build-swap-button

A “build swap” function to allow us from swapping between builds. This is required now more than ever because we have 2 Elite specs, with very different roles.

The best would be 2-3 buttons where we can store the current build (gear+traits) and we can then load when ooc.

If a “build swap” is too long to make, then just chat commands would be fine, like:
/equip [weapon name]
/trait <line-name xxx> <line-name xxx> <line-name xxx>
(es: /trait <devastation 123> <invocation 322> <herald 111>)

Posted by: Nebelparder.3751

Nebelparder.3751

I would like my mini to show my name instead of my guild

Posted by: Shara.4716

Shara.4716

Mine is in regards to the training room for raids.
You could do so much more than have a DPS check robot in there. We have allot of people that, they may be watching videos or have seen other people perform that role, but when they get put on the spot its really hard for them to get it right. Things like pushing an orb, or using claim, protect, and dispel, then kiting, and tanking. There are many varying roles in raids that players need to fill. My suggestion is to make a way for them to practice these roles in a setting where they are not under high stress because they really want to kill that boss, and if they screw up even a little they will get kicked from the group. I and many others will spend hours training new people, and some times we get no where, and other times we get super lucky. We all know the Meta, and we all know there are rotations. There are rotations I am not familiar with so its hard for me to train some one. Maybe that little Asuran in there could do more as a trainer with helping people learn their rotations. I know its allot to ask, but this would help the raiding community substantially, new and veteran.

Posted by: Nicholas Steel.2340

Nicholas Steel.2340

Add a tutorial explaining how to mark a waypoint marker on the map, ie: place a marker on the map that is visible in the minimap to help guide you to that location when traveling on foot without having to open the big map frequently to check your position relative to the destination.

Currently there is nothing telling you that you can do this via pressing Alt & Left Clicking the map. There is no tutorial nor keybinding for it.

(edited by Nicholas Steel.2340)

Posted by: Grey Ce.9052

Grey Ce.9052

Please let us put our unused skins in the wardrobe for future use. We just got more for our birthdays….

So we got the gift of lost inventory slots…

Also, maybe some time in the future you could actually give us a gift for our birthday. Like Gift or Energy, Gift of Magic ect. Maybe a box that gives one randomly. They are account bound after all. One free gift wouldnt break the game

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Pass holder wanted for the various lounges. I have 2 right now and I’m thinking of getting a third. One pass holder to keep them in instead of tying up multiple inventory slots would be great.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

allow weapons to be previewed in off-hand, previewing a dagger while the character is holding it on his/her back isn’t really a nice way to preview something.