Suggestions: Small things

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mikei The Mighty.8690

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Hi, i wanted to create a topic to small, very minor annoyances that irritate people in game that would be easily fixed by Anet. That means a fix that takes something less than an hour for a dev to do.

A few suggestions….

- Add a new symbol for the Black Lion Weapons Traders.
How many times have you seen people in LA asking “where is the BLT?” (not a bacon, lettuce and tomato pun!). I do think it would be nice for Anet to use the Lion symbol on the BL store main page and use it as a map symbol – like a trader has coin, the Black Lion store has the scales. Would just be so much easier to find as they aren’t the most visited of mercs, and might encourage more people to visit the gem store

- Turn the Sanctum Harbor WP around
Ok i’ve made a post about this before but it really does annoy the hell out of me. Every time i WP in to use the mystic Forge, i’n facing the WRONG WAY! Can Anet just turn us around …. PLEASE!!!

- Mystic Forge in Heart of the Mists
I know this was originally in HotM, but was removed when Glory was removed from PvP and the Wardrobe came into effect. However, with the excellent addition of a BLT, Bank and laurel vendor, i do think the MF should be placed back in HotM. With all the boxes i get, its fair easier to just add a MF in to HotM.

- Move Compact from the Inventory to lower down
Ok this might only affect a small amount, but the way i have my inventory set up, is all the regular potions and cons at the bottom, with a salvage kit at the top. With “compact” everything goes straight to the top and i have to reorganise everything again! The only reason i accidently click on this, is because i’m trying to deposit mats. Have this at the bottom of the menu bar below “hide Bags” would be extremely helpful!

- New slayer titles
Ok this may be a tad more ambitious, but surely it doesn’t take that long for a dev to do! I think adding 2 new titles to the slayer tab could be done – Modrem Slayer, and Scarlet’s minions Slayer. First one pretty straightforward, but then the 2nd could be Molten Alliance, Aetherblades, Toxic Alliance. The reason for this, to get the slayer title, u might have to revisit areas such as Kessex Hills, or do TA Aether path, or even more fractals. It would help drive population to these areas. You could even have seperate slayer titles, but considering i have a stack of potions for Scarlets minions, i could do with a slayer title for them!

There are other things i would like to happen, but trying to make sure that if you would like something changed, it has to take a dev less than an hour to do, for example, adding new tabs to the Wallet for all the tokens, bandit crests etc, would take more than an hour to change and wouldn’t qualify (i admit i pushed it with the slayer request!).

But would love to see what other small things annoy people that could be easily fixed by Anet!

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

quests. . . .

how long will that take them?

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

I really like those ideas op. Would hope that they show up one day.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ok i’ve made a post about this before but it really does annoy the hell out of me. Every time i WP in to use the mystic Forge, i’n facing the WRONG WAY! Can Anet just turn us around …. PLEASE!!!

This one I agree with. I think it’s simply an artefact of LA being destroyed and (partially) rebuilt – originally it was quite likely anyone using that way point would be heading out to the harbour so it made sense to point them in that direction. Now it’s exactly the wrong way for most people. So it would be really helpful if it could be changed.

The rest of the list, even though it probably wouldn’t take much time, I feel like it would be a waste for devs to do them. Especially the new slayer titles. Unless they have reason to believe that there is a lack of players in these areas and that 16AP (from a fairly grindy achievement if you actually focus on it) is an effective incentive for the people who currently aren’t doing it then there’s not much point.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Mikei The Mighty.8690

This one I agree with. I think it’s simply an artefact of LA being destroyed and (partially) rebuilt – originally it was quite likely anyone using that way point would be heading out to the harbour so it made sense to point them in that direction. Now it’s exactly the wrong way for most people. So it would be really helpful if it could be changed.

The rest of the list, even though it probably wouldn’t take much time, I feel like it would be a waste for devs to do them. Especially the new slayer titles. Unless they have reason to believe that there is a lack of players in these areas and that 16AP (from a fairly grindy achievement if you actually focus on it) is an effective incentive for the people who currently aren’t doing it then there’s not much point.

I just thought it might be useful to drive people to areas that the LS changes in the world. Also since i’ve almost completed the Slayer titles, and they’ve not added any since launch, it might be nice to see an update. I do agree it would be a grind (not as much as giant slayer!!) it was so i could use some potions and go bk and be concerned with kessex hills toxic alliance events (now i just ignore them).

Also your probably right about the original idea of that WP, but i wonder how long it will be till LA is rebuilt. Just as a side point, during a LS update when one of the Forts got attacked, a bug occured whereby the WP was being “poked” by a tendril. When played WP’d in, they’d end up stuck inside the tendril and couldn’t move. This got fixed within a day or so. Showing the devs can alter a WP easily. So they could change it, then if LA gets rebuilt, change it back. However, i doubt LA will go bk to its original incarnation.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

add Karka Slayer to the Slayer add list, since such a thing isnt there (it bothers me that is isnt there)

I would also like doubloons and foxfire clusters added to the collections tab (not sure if this meets your hour requirement though)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Karka slayer is a good one! Do u mean add Foxfire clusters to the Wallet? I would concur with you on that, just recently over the last few LS updates, a lot of new items are in game that are taking up storage – Bandit Crests, Foxfire clusters, Geodes, Piles of silky sand. I think Anet had to agree that there are too many trophies and players are getting stacks (ok with sand u can double click to remove 10.. but still) or these. Like with bandit crests, u need 1000 to get many of the items, thats 4 slots in your inventory.

Whether or not they can add these to the wallet with minimum fuss is a debateable issue. I don’t think it would take them that long to simply add an extra column to the wallet with these items in

Gobble D Goop.4081

no, i mean the material tab in the bank, forgot it got renamed recently

EDIT: im sure most people would like at least geodes and BCs in the wallet TBH

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Mikei The Mighty.8690

Ahh yes, i forgot doubloons weren’t in the material bank tab! Strange really…

I would also like to add an extra annoyance.

- Make unfinished achievements be at the top of the list
Its so annoying to keep looking for an achivement – particularly the collections (read the new luminscence armour). I’ve completed almost all of the basic collections, and when i was trying to see which modrem champion part i needed, i kept having to go into collections, scroll to the bottom, make sure i click on the correct collection. With this update we were giving 2 armour parts, so that meant going in and checking to see which champions i needed to defeat! sooooo much clicking and scrolling and clicking.

Would make life MUCH easier, if the unfinished achivements were at the top (beginning of the tab).

Posted by: WEXXES.2378

WEXXES.2378

1) Open Program

2) Locate WP

3) Rotate 180

Done…?

Mikei The Mighty.8690

1) Open Program

2) Locate WP

3) Rotate 180

Done…?

I said this was for small things that annoy people. You don’t think i do that already??? Jeez man, this topic was for small little grievances that Anet could easier fix. If you don’t have a gripe, don’t comment. Simples

Gobble D Goop.4081

I also agree 100% with the compact bags and the WP changes (other 2 im kinda meh on due to not camping in LA or HOTM)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!