Suggestions Sub Forum

Suggestions Sub Forum

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ok I Did It.2854

Ok I Did It.2854

Ummm, so the suggestions sub section got archived, so does that mean that all the suggestions that people have had ( and some really good ones in there ) are just null and void? Seems strange you would bin a section of the forums that actually encouraged your community to interact with you, and give you ideas about how they would like to see the game they play progress!!!!!

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

Most of the time ppl would put suggestion on the main discussion.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

I imagine it will be replaced with the CDI subforum.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Part of the news was they were getting rid of less active sub-forums. They ditched suggestions and dynamic events but kept the audio forum. o_O

The Burninator

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: CC Danicia.1394

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Nope! They’re still reviewed.

We want people to make suggestions in the sub-forums which make sense for their ideas. As example, if you have an idea about sPvP, you can and should post it in the sPvP sub-forum.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

We want people to make suggestions in the sub-forums which make sense for their ideas. As example, if you have an idea about sPvP, you can and should post it in the sPvP sub-forum.

Do the moderators know this? Because I’ve had dozens of suggestions threads of my own moved from an appropriate class forum to the general suggestions forum. I even took the time to dispute a few, the moderator review ruled they had been moved appropriately and would not be returned on every single one.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Yep! We just made this change 30 minutes ago and they are aware of it.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Is a working search function part of this ongoing forum update? I’ve seen a few posts from mods recently closing threads explaining to use the search function. That doesn’t seem like a very fair call when the search function has been broken for as long as I can remember.

The Burninator

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Also the uncontested temples threads… Where are we supposed to direct our dynamic event questions? I’m kind of surprised that certain threads were archived… :/

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Devata.6589

Devata.6589

So where should a thread like this one go? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4

There is no sub-forum about guild-tools.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Brutal Arts.6307

Brutal Arts.6307

Maybe they just don’t want our suggestions, after all their game is clearly flawless.

It’s been 2 years and there’s still no search feature. I would not continue to hold your breath.

You have gotten what you paid for, all that remains is biweekly gemshop pushing.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

Maybe they just don’t want our suggestions, after all their game is clearly flawless.

Or maybe its ludicrous to expect every department to trawl through an undifferentiated mass on the off chance of striking gold relevant to their area of responsibility.

John Smith clearly reads the black Lion forum. Things have happened because of it, such as the detection and correction of a bug in salvage rates. He steps in with commentary and occasional revelations of data or process that are very helpful to our understanding of what’s going on. The entire premise of him also having to scan the entirety of the Suggestions Forums is faulty.

Letting us put our suggestions directly in front of the relevant developer is a HUGE improvement over maintaining the graveyard of dying dreams that the Suggestion forum became.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I understand the intention, but this is actually potentially problematic.
Take the lore forum for example, most of the people posting in there don’t want to have to deal with peoples suggestions about what should be included in GW2’s story because it actually detracts from meaningful discussions about EXISTING lore.
For every other forum I can see it working ok, but please think of the lore forum

Suggestions Sub Forum

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

So where should a thread like this one go? https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/archive/suggestions/Guild-System-Improvements/page/4

There is no sub-forum about guild-tools.

Right here in General Discussion.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

I think that with how fast stuff can move in the general discussion, you would be better off with a suggestion sub.

Seems like it would be less of a headache at least.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Gulesave.5073

Gulesave.5073

I think barely half the ideas in the Suggestions subforum fit comfortably into other subforums. Posting much of that in General Discussion would be unlikely to spark the productive discussion we’ve gotten used to. Great ideas will get lost in the tidal wave, miss their target audience, and get the negative responses that tended to be absent in the creative safe zone of Suggestions.

I feel that many of the awesome creative discussions that went on there simply won’t happen anymore. That is a huge shame.

Certain subforum groups, (Professions, for example), need a General/Misc area of their own to help counter this and other problems. The Living Story group is a perfect example of having both specific subforums and general subforum, and this model needs to be emulated elsewhere to avoid stifling out-of-the-box discussion.

I should be writing.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I think that with how fast stuff can move in the general discussion, you would be better off with a suggestion sub.

The suggestion forum rolled really quick too and lots of folks were unhappy when their threads were moved out of general and into suggestions. I believe that this solution is better than what we had before even if it’s not perfect. Suggestions with a specific audience get more visibility to the folks that care most, and more general suggestions get more visibility than they might otherwise now that there are fewer forums.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: CreativeAnarchy.6324

CreativeAnarchy.6324

The suggestion forum rolled really quick too and lots of folks were unhappy when their threads were moved out of general and into suggestions. I believe that this solution is better than what we had before even if it’s not perfect. Suggestions with a specific audience get more visibility to the folks that care most, and more general suggestions get more visibility than they might otherwise now that there are fewer forums.

I still feel suggestion sub is better.

Stuff moves faster in general than suggestion and in suggestion, I had a chance to see what was suggested before making another suggestion. A lot easier to grab something to reference also since the search feature doesn’t work very well.

Threads were moved into suggestion when they were a suggestion so that is what that sub was for. If it was supposed to be a discussion, then phrasing it in a suggestion isn’t a very good way to start a thread.

I speak for my self and no one else. Only fools believe they speak for a majority.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

Threads were moved into suggestion when they were a suggestion so that is what that sub was for. If it was supposed to be a discussion, then phrasing it in a suggestion isn’t a very good way to start a thread.

Asking “would changing X improve the game” would get you moved to the suggestions forum. The mods were trigger happy, to say the least.

Not having a suggestions forum to move posts to? For some reason, I see them sitting in their chairs, twitching with moderation withdrawal.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Wouldn’t it be better though, to have a sub-forum dedicated to discussions general mechanics and operation and organizational ideas for guild in a sub-forum just for that. A Guild General Discussion forum can better organize developers and players interested in discussing these sorts of topics.

Same with what Gulesave said about a General Profession Discussion sub-forum. I don’t know how many times I’ve seen people posting threads comparing x profession with y on y’s sub-forum, or multiple threads started by players wanting to see changes done across the board. Another thing a General Profession Discussion sub-forum can do is allow for team composition and tactics threads to be created, without fearing that they won’t get a proper grasp from posters when in a sub-forum dedicated to only one profession.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Bad move… imo

Suggestions Sub Forum

Nike.2631

Bad move… imo

Noted. But the people whose livelihood is at stake clearly disagree.

Its a move. lets see how it plays out in practice before we judge it. I can’t say I see going back to the old system of shoveling suggestion threads into a yawning abyss was something to cling to…

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

So that means that “old” suggestions can no longer be supported by replying to a thread.

That does not make me happy.

Since the threads weren’t moved back into their original sub-forums, are we supposed to repost stuff? Or are we supposed to, when something has come up before (and it has pretty much all come up before at this point) just shut up about it?

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Bad move… imo

Why? Wanna know how many threads I’ve had reported because they were clearly suggestions but posted in the wrong subforum (most of the time general discussion)?

It’s a good move, imo but it needs some fine tuning.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Nike.2631

Since the threads weren’t moved back into their original sub-forums, are we supposed to repost stuff? Or are we supposed to, when something has come up before (and it has pretty much all come up before at this point) just shut up about it?

…Or you could just try it and see what happens.

I think you’re giving WAY too much credit to the idea that the moderators remember everything that was posted in the Suggestions forums over 24 hours/two pages ago .

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Blackwyn.8127

Blackwyn.8127

I like this change. It was getting mildly annoying to get your thread moved to the suggestion thread even if there was just a mild non existence ‘suggestion’ buried in there. Just to get the thread die in the suggestion section cause most don’t bother to read there and since everything was getting moved to that section. It was just a clutter of random suggestion threads which made it a mess.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Ashabhi.1365

Ashabhi.1365

If they ever bring back the Suggestions subforum, I would “suggest” that they make it a category, and divide it into subforums.

Make one for General PvE, one for sPvP, one for WvW, one for Guilds, well, you get the picture.

It was hard to search for a thread on Guild Tools when it was buried under a ton of “I Want” threads that had nothing to do with guilds.

In the meantime, I am willing to try it for a while and see if it works this way.

Level 80 Elementalist

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Is a working search function part of this ongoing forum update? I’ve seen a few posts from mods recently closing threads explaining to use the search function. That doesn’t seem like a very fair call when the search function has been broken for as long as I can remember.

I was wondering that myself, how can people search to make sure something wasn’t already mentioned when the search function hasn’t worked for me either in all this time.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Hey CC, you think we can create Fractals Subforum? Normally those topics are inside of Dungeons subforum, but it’s a clash of two communities. While Fractals are having their own reward system, battle system, agony resistance system, I think they deserve their own subforum where discussions would not clash with those of dungeons. What do you think?

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

I find this a bit counter productive as the threads will just be buried faster and there will be even less contribution to them. That was the nice thing about having a separate suggestion sub-forum.

I guess you are not done with the revamp so let’s wait and see.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Pandemoniac.4739

Pandemoniac.4739

I was wondering that myself, how can people search to make sure something wasn’t already mentioned when the search function hasn’t worked for me either in all this time.

Other search engines index the forums – just use the option to limit your search to a particular site. For Google (and Duck Duck Go which I prefer) just add site:forum-en.guildwars2.com.

At this point I’m not sure why the forum search isn’t redirected to Google or some other search engine until they can get it fixed. There’s probably technical issues.

Don’t ever think you know what’s right for the other person.
He might start thinking he knows what’s right for you.
—Paul Williams

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

Suggestion subforum was where threads went to die. Good riddance.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Next

Hey CC, you think we can create Fractals Subforum? Normally those topics are inside of Dungeons subforum, but it’s a clash of two communities. While Fractals are having their own reward system, battle system, agony resistance system, I think they deserve their own subforum where discussions would not clash with those of dungeons. What do you think?

If you wish to pitch the idea, drop an email to forums@arena.net so we can discuss it.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

If you wish to pitch the idea, drop an email to forums@arena.net so we can discuss it.

Wait…isn’t this idea of Romo’s a suggestion? lol I don’t even know where to post stuff anymore.

Sure, a lot of the stuff in the Suggestion forum will be better off now in more specific sub-forums. But many ideas will get quickly buried in the large general discussion forum. It rolls quite fast and, without a proper search feature, forum-goers are going to have to get used to rummaging through multiple pages to find even new stuff.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Suggestions Sub Forum

Seras.5702

Just send all suggestions to forums@arena.net they will get buried in general discussion.

Im out.

But sending an email means that Anet sees the idea but it doesn’t garner any discussion. The best suggestions are often not the initial idea but what comes about from multiple players chiming in with tweaks, analysis, and counter-arguments.

(edited by Moderator)

Suggestions Sub Forum

Previous

CC Danicia.1394

Community Coordinator

Wait…isn’t this idea of Romo’s a suggestion? lol I don’t even know where to post stuff anymore.

Yes, but it wasn’t a game suggestion. Suggestions for the Community Team regarding the forum should come directly to us. Hope that helps.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Yes, but it wasn’t a game suggestion. Suggestions for the Community Team regarding the forum should come directly to us. Hope that helps.

Sent

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: ortorio.4659

ortorio.4659

I dont like any of the hairstyles on human females
Why isnt there atleast 1 actual ponytail for example? It’s the most standard, and almost always the best looking hairstyle in games, i would love if someone could add it :P

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

What do we do if we have suggestions about the guardian class?
If I remember correctly we got 1 dev post during the last balance “discussion” which promised to return to us at a later date with numbers about one of the changes (which never happened).

I’m pretty sure no devs go on the guardian forums, and no suggestions there will ever be reviewed as you said.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Seras.5702

What do we do if we have suggestions about the guardian class?
If I remember correctly we got 1 dev post during the last balance “discussion” which promised to return to us at a later date with numbers about one of the changes (which never happened).

I’m pretty sure no devs go on the guardian forums, and no suggestions there will ever be reviewed as you said.

Apparently, now they will.

Suggestions Sub Forum

Posted by: Faowri.4159

Faowri.4159

The strength of having the Suggestions forum separate was that it encouraged a certain formality to it. Most of the suggestions that pop up in general forums are one liners, whereas if you took the time to post in the Suggestions forum, typically your thread was carefully structured and well thought out.

Can’t deny I’m very annoyed to see it archived.