Suicide jumps for res daily

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Although it’s easy enough to get without doing that… I might have to try it once just for the giggle factor. Too bad we don’t have a portable set of diving goggles. Would be nice to hit the ground in style.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

@op

Not talking about you in person, I’m sure it was too tempting to pass up, but it just goes to show the mentality of the KIDS playing the game today.

It’s one of the easiest daily’s to do EVER, go rez some NPC’s or just go in almost any dungeon or events and by the end you will have 10 revives.

Most of the new daily’s can be done by just playing normal, why do people have to complete them in a way that makes them hard work, this is why people complain about so called grind, just play!!! :P

Why do you even feel the need to start calling them kids without knowing a kitten thing about these people ? Maybe they are 25 – 30 and being drunk ? They are just having fun, and doing this for a daily…honestly who would even give a kitten /p>

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

I didn’t invent this, but I came across it.

Like many others, I was looking to res someone to comeplete my daily. I noticed on my mini map all these dead people in one small area. I went there and it was at a vista that had a very high elevation….jumping from it will kill ya.

What’s your point? People will always take the path of least resistance. No armor damage from fall deaths makes this a very easy way for guild mates to help each other out.

I can’t infer from your post whether you’re saying this is problematic or just amusing. If you’re taking the stance that it’s a problem though, consider this.

In both Metrica Province and Gendarran Fields (and other zones as well) there are certain locations laden with a large number of dead NPCs. In both cases, resuscitating the NPCs is part of a renown heart, so they continuously respawn (as corpses). In both locations, I’ve seen quite a few players farming resuscitations for the daily. Is that problematic? If so, should ANet redesign existing content to accommodate the new dailies?

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

Uhm, I think it’s a bit mad to kill your char to gain the daily but on the other hand it’s a really cool way to solve the daily. Why? Because it brings people together. You do something for someone else, you help him and he does the same for you. That’s way better than to revive some npcs who don’t care anyway.

I hope people come up with more creative ideas to solve their dailies and maybe less suicidal ones.

Posted by: deviller.9135

deviller.9135

Just go to Orr (cursed shore), do some event, you will see bunch of down people (while you get karma, exp, silver, (maybe chest) after the event). Or wait for Claw of Jormag (while hunting), second phase will have a lot downed player.

Posted by: BlackestKnight.1278

BlackestKnight.1278

Yeah, but finding those low level fractal groups can be a challenge from what I’ve heard, especially low odd level fractals, like level 1.

Then run 2 or 3 or 4 ? What’s the problem ?

As long as you don’t go over 9, who cares what you run 1-9, just use gw2lfg.com and you’ll be in a group in under 5 minutes.

Really, I don’t understand, I’ve been pugging FotM for a bit more than month now, and I’m up to 33… Started late December too, not even when the dungeon was released, so I didn’t have that early advantage where everyone needed to run level 1.

It’s now even easier with the new patch allowing new players to come right into the even leves (2 or 4 or 6 or 8) since those are probably easier to get groups for with people doing the dailies.

(edited by BlackestKnight.1278)

Posted by: rickets.1386

rickets.1386

I haven’t had to cheese this daily yet because my group runs fractals or CoE almost everyday. But we did think that you could go to the fractals lab with a friend and jump off the lab platform which downs you and ports you back to the lab, rinse and repeat.

rickets 80 elementalist
crickits 80 ranger
crickets 80 warrior – current main

BlackestKnight.1278

It’s expensive to jump to other maps and I don’t want to waste my money on that.

You wouldn’t pay between 2-3 silver in order to go to a spot where you can finish it faster?

What’s the rush ? Unless it’s resetting in a few minutes, the daily will get done just through playing the game.

I don’t get why people stop everything they’re doing in game to go “DO DAILIES!”. Heck, most of the time, it resets while I’m in a dungeon and by the time I get out, it’s already halfway done (kill counts, dodges, reses, kill variety, even events!).

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

lol it’s so dumb that people are trying to find ways to do the daily, instead of just simply playing the game. If you walk around the world, there are a ton of NPCs all over that needs reviving. It’s the same as people trying to pair up to spam combos on each other, when trying to get the combo daily. If you just play a dungeon normally, you’ll get the comboes in no time!

Seriously, just play the game, and you’ll get the dailies without even thinking about it..

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Pirlipat.2479

Why on earth is that dumb? It’s maybe not really effective and maybe a bit too forced, but if it makes people come together it’s an awesome way. And some people do not play dungeons, so why should they not find their way?

Posted by: Eirikr.8047

Eirikr.8047

I choose to go with the fast easy method on week days because I only have around 30 minutes to play. On weekends dailies happen as a result of regular play. I wouldn’t play at all on weekdays if it weren’t for laurels.

Posted by: Lil Puppy.5216

Lil Puppy.5216

I’m 36, I suicide jumped for the few people that still needed it while we were waiting for an event timer to proceed. I didn’t need to do it, just found it kinda funny climbing up a tower and jumping off a pole at the top straight to my face. I didn’t need to as in a few minutes there would be plenty of ressing going on, but the conversation it generated was hilarious. Was kinda wondering if it would work more than once too (it seems to have an internal cooldown btw of around 15 seconds or so).

It works every time and doesn’t cause damage to your armor, apparently suicide and combat death aren’t the same in-game.

BlackestKnight.1278

Why on earth is that dumb? It’s maybe not really effective and maybe a bit too forced, but if it makes people come together it’s an awesome way. And some people do not play dungeons, so why should they not find their way?

Because just doing DEs in the overworld will also net you your 10 reses just from NPCs and other players dying normally. -_-

It’s sad that people think they need to go out of their way to “rush to complete dailies FASTER!”. There is no rush, it’s all in their heads.

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

Well it’s nice that people are coming together. But it’s a system that’s intended to reward you for just playing the game. It’s not meant to be a puzzle. It’s not even that effective to deliberately do the daily, because you often end up spending more time trying to find different ways to “solve” it, then you do by just playing normally. That’s what is so ironic about it. But, if you are having fun, then more power to you.

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

Posted by: TimeBomb.3427

TimeBomb.3427

Rezzing NPCs in certain areas is a lot faster than doing this. That being said, I did do it to help a guildy and I have been killing myself off of that vista long before it was ever in any way helpful. IMO, falling and dying on top of or near a bunch of people is fun.

Pirlipat.2479

Well it’s nice that people are coming together. But it’s a system that’s intended to reward you for just playing the game. It’s not meant to be a puzzle. It’s not even that effective to deliberately do the daily, because you often end up spending more time trying to find different ways to “solve” it, then you do by just playing normally. That’s what is so ironic about it. But, if you are having fun, then more power to you.

I haven’t done this and I would have never thought about it (to uncreative as it seems ;D), but acutally I like it if people find a fun way to play “around” something that is required. I don’t mean exploits to make that clear, rather to find something crazy. I mean this “outrun an centaur”-thing which got posted as a possibility of what to do after becoming lvl80 is not the most sensible variety play this game either.

Posted by: Halanna.3927

Halanna.3927

The problem with the healer achievement, is that in Queensdale for instance, there are enough people rezzing the NPCs that there aren’t many dead ones. Yes. Yes. Go somewhere else. I don’t want to. It’s expensive to jump to other maps and I don’t want to waste my money on that.

It’s not just NPC’s in Queensdale. Go to where the troll spawns, people stand under him and die all the time. Level 4’s are always mixing it up with the harpies trying to kill the bulls too.

There is enough death in Qeensdale for everyone.

Posted by: Cappy.2786

Cappy.2786

Or just ress bunch of dead charr in dissea….

Posted by: whipplerama.3692

whipplerama.3692

Lotsa control issues here. Why does anyone care how somebody else plays the game? I will do what I like to do, period. That might include suiciding 1001 times a day if I so choose, just because. Haven’t done it yet, but I probably will now. Toodles.

They must have taken my marbles away.
But they gave me plenty of porous bones to compensate.

Posted by: eXs.6210

eXs.6210

Uncreative, boring, idiotic dailies = uncreative boring and idiotic solutions. That’s fair. As a player, if i was going for the laurels, i would totally go for this kind of time saver.

Of course, Anet could also just give us somewhat challenging, non repetitive, non time consuming dailies.

Completely 100% agree… can you complete the dailies playing regularly? Sure… but I don’t have like 3 hours daily to do it… before it was a little easier to do them… now it’s a pain with the healer achievement, crafter achievement, etc…

Look, a mass of stupid people didn’t just randomly invade the game and started killing themselves… that’s how very reasonable people responded to an awful time consuming update…

I would have done it if I wasn’t farming cof because that’s the only way to get anything in this game… but I did have to complete the daily events because now dungeons don’t count for that… so I traveled to queensdale and there were people killing themselves off the pipe from the water treatment plant… it’s dumb…

Although as I was chasing down events, I realized that the hunters by the lodge in queensdale are practically killing themselves… easy revive…

Honestly, it’s not even the healer achievement that drives me crazy… I can get that in 2 pug dungeon runs, but it’s the fact that they no longer count dungeon events as “events” that has me very upset…

BlackestKnight.1278

Lotsa control issues here. Why does anyone care how somebody else plays the game? I will do what I like to do, period. That might include suiciding 1001 times a day if I so choose, just because. Haven’t done it yet, but I probably will now. Toodles.

Lotsa control issues here. Why does anyone care how somebody else plays the game ? I will do what I like to do, period. That might include defending NPCs you’re trying to kill repeatedly for a stupid daily you could do elsewhere, in an non-forced manner.

Works both ways. People really need to stop whining about this non-sense on the forum. The new Dailies are fine, even better than the previous 4 static dailies which were getting stale.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

I care less that players suicide themselves for other to revive them and do the achievement.
Just don’t forget that kitten don’t work in the real world

Cheers!

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

I hate when people do crap like that to get things done faster or more lazily instead trying to play the game.

For example, there was a bunch of idiots yesterday in my world that would follow refugees of the Living Story, letting them die to revive them and get the title faster.
If anyone tried to help them, they’ll insult them, harass them and threaten with reports.
So I switched to my elementalist and started healing them while I kept doing the other Living Story stuff like repairing singpost and healing crippled refugees and evens and stuff like that.
Of course I got insulted and even was accused of griefing, but I don’t care. Thy are the ones in the wrong.
They are supposed to HELP the refugees, not let them die so they can raise some number in their stats a little bit faster or without switching characters. A bunch of bullies following them to let them die and threatening people with reports if they don’t do as they say won’t stop me from doing the right thing.
And they should be doing the right thing too. Player characters are all heroes, they are not supposed to do evil like that.

As for getting revives, every single area in the game — every single one — has at least on spot in which NPCs with particularly low health are in constant conflict with hostile NPC, and you’ll be able to get the daily in less than 5 minutes there, as they are defeated again in a few hits once revived.
Examples of this are Thaumanova, Godslost swamp or Lake Feritas,

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Uncreative, boring, idiotic dailies = uncreative boring and idiotic solutions. That’s fair. As a player, if i was going for the laurels, i would totally go for this kind of time saver.

Of course, Anet could also just give us somewhat challenging, non repetitive, non time consuming dailies.

Completely 100% agree… can you complete the dailies playing regularly? Sure… but I don’t have like 3 hours daily to do it… before it was a little easier to do them… now it’s a pain with the healer achievement, crafter achievement, etc…

Hang on. The crafter achievement is easily completable in far less time than any of the old daily categories. It’s been common knowledge on the forum and throughout the game that refinement recipes count for this. If it takes you longer to craft 20 ore into 10 ingots than to kill 15 enemy types, you’re doing it wrong.

That said, I agree with the principle that boring and uncreative dailies lead to boring and obvious solutions.

Posted by: mjhungness.8059

mjhungness.8059

It is too funny reading the ubers trashing the complainers – holy cow, can you guys be more cliche???

I have to wonder what the point of doing the dailies are? Are they supposed to be easy things that, if you played enough for the day, you would naturally do them? I’m not sure because even the previous daily required you to re-zone just to get the variety.

Are they supposed to carrot-on-a-stick push you in the direction that the developers want you to play? Maybe – the GW1 team was very specific on matters like full hero teams and other little things that required another player and repeatedly voiced that intent in discussions on the forums. And I thought one of the ‘bravo points’ of GW2 was the way they encouraged people to work together – so we were doing that already, weren’t we?

So what is the point of changing the dailies, then? I’m pretty sure they were not intending on creating something that requires more than a casual has time to do – I needed around an hour to do the previous dailies if I was in an area where I could get my events in. But this requires very specific things to be accomplished. So, why make the change? were they giving away too much Karma? Or are we just puppets in the grand play of Tyria?

Posted by: Grunties.6841

Grunties.6841

There are a ton if Npc’s to Rez. I don’t understand this crybaby kittenpants nonsense about the dailies.

Posted by: arabeth.2361

arabeth.2361

Two things:

You can’t res the same NPC (and presumably the same character) more than once for credit. Only the first time counts. I assume this is to stop exactly this sort of trick.

Given Anet’s hyper-random sensitivity to exploits, I wouldn’t do this. This is the sort of thing that they may never care about, or that might get you permabanned. There’s no way to know.

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

You can get the daily for rezzing as well as 20% of the “Event” part doing the “Rescue the survivors” in Frostgorge sound. It’s on the way to ori/ancient nodes anyway.

Of course, I always get it done in my daily Fractals.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Posted by: MLieBennett.9031

MLieBennett.9031

0.o;

When the Daily Healer comes up here, I just hit Frostgorge Sound. You have the underwater Dynamic Event that involves Rezzing Castaways to the West of Claw of Jormag’s area, along with the Quaggan DE that often downs the cute little underwater race. Then even further west, is the Deep Song line of events that often has numerous downed NPCs in its area.
Its not hard to find NPCs to rez in that area at all. Usually completed before or after Claw of Jormag’s fight anyways.

I just can’t understand why people would leap to their deaths, just to complete this in a different fashion. At least with the events in Frostgorge Sound, you also collect a few DEs for that Daily, gather mats for that Daily, and plenty of creatures to kill for either the # dead or # of types killed as well.

YOU NEED TO BELIEVE IN THINGS THAT AREN’T TRUE. HOW ELSE CAN THEY BECOME?
- (Death, Terry Pratchett, Hogfather)

Posted by: Kalrisver.2679

Kalrisver.2679

When they meant getting people out in the world, they meant making them find the highest cliffs in every area and diving to their deaths for laurels.

I just go to the bloodfields near nebo terrace and revive the dead npcs there. There was barely anyone there the first time I went, but the second time I went there were a ton of people there.

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

Because, as noted, in certain highly populated areas, there are actually not that many corpses. In Queensdale, I’ve seen people heal NPCs part way, and then back off so someone else running towards them can get a credit as well. And maybe they just don’t want to go somewhere that there is almost no one around. People gravitate towards Queensdale as an example because there is always people there to play with. People like playing with other people since, until now, all of the game has made it good for people to play with other people.

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

There are so many spots with constantly dying NPCs, I don’t even understand why people get creative… ^^

Creativity isn’t a bad thing, ANet could take a page, or two from these forms.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Lysico.4906

Lysico.4906

Just port to Gendarran Fields to the Nebo waypoint.

The whole heart is about rezzing downed soldiers. Go there and literally takes you 2 mins to do the daily.

Much easier then jumping off crap and having other players rez ya

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

Just port to Gendarran Fields to the Nebo waypoint.

The whole heart is about rezzing downed soldiers. Go there and literally takes you 2 mins to do the daily.

Much easier then jumping off crap and having other players rez ya

Honestly though, by the time you go through the loading screens, you’d be half done by doing suicide jumping method, also it costs 4s less to stay in town.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

I do my rez daily by rezzing npc’s near the nebo terrace waypoint, but I don’t see any problem with people jumping from vistas killing themselves.

Sounds like it would be hilarious to watch.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

This whole thread just highlights the compulsive behavior that systems such as daily achievements take advantage of, and the growing usage of compulsion-driving methods in online games.

Just doing it casually is not an option for some people, and it won’t occur to them that there’s an alternative to getting it out of the way immediately. On the same note, not doing it at all is not an option for some people; people who despite having no free time, feel compelled to to log in and get their rewards as quickly and efficiently as possible.

That’s what all this complaining back and forth seems to come down to. Some people feel a bunch of pressure to perform these tasks ASAP, others don’t, and it’s hard to understand the others’ mindsets.

I know I sometimes have to tell myself to just not worry about the daily, it’ll come as I play. Or on days I can’t play at all, sometimes I need to remind myself it’s no big deal to miss the daily. Otherwise, I’ll feel some compulsive need to do it.

But honestly this is just a major flaw in the concept of dailies themselves. It doesn’t matter what the goals are on any given day, that psychological manipulation is there. Except now you can’t fall into a routine to ease the strain of it. Each day you need to readjust to new goals you HAVE to finish because of this compulsory need, which feels even stronger thanks to a new unique reward currency being introduced into it.

It’s exploitative, and I feel only pity for suicide-jumping healers.

Pirlipat.2479

I can pretty much agree on what you said, about feeling forced ect. but I personally don’t want to judge someones motivation to do the healerdaily by suiciding as only looking for effectivity.

In my opinion it rather sounds like a way some people found to be fun. It’s like running naked or transformed into a quaggan in WvW or something else. Ofc you can roll your eyes and say “silly”. But why does everyone think that this is a “wrong” way to do the dailies. How do you know that the daily was intended to be done by reviving npcs. I would rather say it was intended to encourage people to revive each other. So reviving npcs would be the “wrong” way too. So whats your problem with people doing it differently and maybe even have fun doing so?

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Posted by: AstralDusk.1670

AstralDusk.1670

Well, your argument here is “I don’t want to presume they’re doing it for efficiency’s sake, so I’ll presume they could be doing it for fun’s sake.” Either way, we’re just speculating on someone’s motivations and can’t be 100% about it.

It’s possible that they’re both. There’s a good chance they’re fulfilling compulsory behavior (that they may not even realize they’re acting upon) in a way they found hilarious.

But the angry shoutouts about how hard it is to finish the healer quest and feeling like they’re resorting to this out of necessity speak otherwise.

Posted by: Joseph Skyrim.2470

Joseph Skyrim.2470

(shorthand: many places where NPCs die anyway)
Surely you would know this if you had done 100% world completion.

Yeah I know, it’s just I don’t really want to go out of my way to go to the spots where there are high density deaths. WP travel is costly for scrooges like me! :P

Posted by: DaKenster.5801

DaKenster.5801

I personally headed to Frostgorge Sound and did what the nice Kodan asked, “Search the water for castaways”. Normally, I ignore those dumb bears, but today they served their purpose.

Different strokes for different folks…

JQ- [VG]

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Wow. Reading this thread, the mind just boggles… who’d have thought that players finding an amusing way of getting one of their dailies would elicit such rude responses.

Let’s see – apparently only “KIDS” do this. I’m in my 40s – I’d have done it if I’d thought of it. Kudos to those smart enough to come up with a creative way to meet this particular daily. I suspect the atmosphere among those suiciding/rezzing was probably much like the day about 150 of us spontaneously began jumping to our deaths in Wayfarer Foothills during the Beta Finale. Sorry I missed it.

What else? Oh yes – this daily is apparently making people play the game in a way ANet didn’t intend. Strange, I could have sworn that ANet was designing a game players could play their own way. Not whatever way you find acceptable, appropriate, fun, enjoyable (or whatever) for THEM to play. Why on earth do you care how someone else is spending their in-game time? If they’re finding it more fun to take turns suiciding and rezzing, or to wait for NPCs to die, why does this matter to you? I mean, I’d have told the one guy to go fly a kite if he’d complained that I ‘saved’ the NPC he was going to farm for rez’s… but otherwise, WHY are you so concerned with how someone else meets their daily requirement?

People are having fun… they’re not exploiting the game… they’re playing it in a manner they enjoy.

I typically run around either Queensdale or Wayfarer Foothills with my lvl80 ele to get my dailies. Why? Because of my personality type… or maybe my OCD… or maybe a combination of the two. Having those “in progress” is a major distraction for me. I know they’re there, I know they’re in a state of “undoneness,” and I know that I can knock them out in about 15 minutes if I just pop into a starter area. Then they’re done, and I’m not getting a somewhat stressful zing every time the little announcement pops up on the right letting me know I’ve progressed a bit more. It’s my game that I paid for… getting those out of the way allows me to then resume my normal game play and enjoy myself without feeling like they’re hanging over my head. That’s the choice I’ve made for what is the best use of MY time when playing MY game.

Why should how someone else chooses to allocate their playing time be so problematic for some of you?

Thank You! Finally someone else who holds the same feelings as I do and can see the humor in the suicide jumps for res..

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

Let’s see – apparently only “KIDS” do this. I’m in my 40s – I’d have done it if I’d thought of it. Kudos to those smart enough to come up with a creative way to meet this particular daily. I suspect the atmosphere among those suiciding/rezzing was probably much like the day about 150 of us spontaneously began jumping to our deaths in Wayfarer Foothills during the Beta Finale. Sorry I missed it.

Sorry but there is nothing smart about it at all, it’s a solution only someone with very low IQ would come up with, any normal player would have completed the rezzing daily less than a hour with NORMAL playing.

As for killing NPC so that they can rez them, why should people not complete let say guard events because one person wants the NPC dead, i would protect him if that was me.

This is what I mean by KIDS, this was yesterday in Orr, so yes it does affect others when these players start spamming crap, its rude and shows there age.

You have quite the powerful need to insult people who have a different worldview than you, don’t you?

My husband only spends between 15-30 minutes playing on weekdays. He focuses on getting his dailies done during that time. Now, considering that he designs, programs and builds industrial robots for a living… I’m highly amused by your assertion that “it’s a solution only someone with very low IQ would come up with…” since it is certainly a solution he might have dreamed up. According to you, an economical use of what time he has is somehow LESS intelligent than rolling the dice hoping he can meet the daily requirements by simply wandering blindly in the hopes he’ll encounter everyone/everything he needs in a very limited amount of time.

Truly – your passion about how other people play is BAFFLING.

What is it that you find so personally damaging about how another adult chooses to allocate the time they have? How did those people jumping off that cliff bring harm to you? How did they impact your time playing? What did they steal from you? What harm did they cause you? I mean, I have to assume that if you feel the need to degrade them, those jumpers/rezzers MUST have done something to you personally, right?

It can’t possibly be that you are so incredibly immature that you have the need to convince yourself that you are somehow superior to thousands of other nameless, faceless people playing a game they paid for in a manner which suits them best… can it?

Posted by: Booler.6598

Booler.6598

All I am going to say is underwater fractal dolphin event

Always in all ways

Eladriel.7295

I am appalled at the amount of rude, judgmental and scrutinized comments this post has elicited.. Are you people that much of a narrow minded stuffed up old prude that you can’t see the humor? I enjoyed every kitten minute of it. What right do you people have to place judgement upon others just because they found a crazy hilarious way to spend their time? And to even insinuate that those that participated has a low IQ.. Really? I think it is you people that need the help.. I was laughing my kitten off the entire time I jumped. It is those rare crazy moments that make me laugh that are memorable. You people are like sour grapes.. Nobody likes them and are easily forgotten. Not a kitten one of you is qualified to cast any stones.

Posted by: Airala.8629

Airala.8629

I just had to comment on this – something Nibiru said in another thread:

I’m just saying play the game how you ENJOY the game, don’t force yourself to grind things you don’t like, don’t set yourself a goal that you know you’re going to hate doing.

So Nibiru – does this philosophy of yours only extend to those who choose to play the game in a manner you approve of? Because it seems to be a stark contradiction to the way you have repeatedly insulted people who are playing the game the way they enjoy it when it comes to this thread.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

There are alternatives to cliff-jumping and mob-pulling to kill NPCs but seeing that kind of artificial behavior brings back very unpleasant memories from Warhammer Online. Entire warbands of players would deliberately jump off cliffs so they could respawn at camps rather than running through the horrible zones. Players only did this because of very poor zone and game design. A good game shouldn’t induce players to take this kind of action en masse.

Thus far GW2 has not had anything which encouraged that kind of gaming the system and it’s a little disappointing to see it being introduced now. This applies to the dodge achievement as well, I have to deliberately alter my timing to make sure I proc the Evade. I’m playing to dodge, not kill the mob which is a bit weird.

TBH – I’d be perfectly happy with the same achievements everyday if they avoided this kind of thing and stuck to gathering and killing mobs. But it’s not a big deal, just a little disappointing (and nostalgic in a bad way).

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

(edited by DoctorOverlord.8620)

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I considered doing this when I saw the daily. But in reality it was easier to find some npcs or do a big event then suiciding myself with a friend. But whatever works for them. These kinds of dailies make for farming techniques. Whatever is quickest for them, people will gravitate towards.

I find its easier just to do an event in Orr that involves exploding chickens…since quite a few people don’t move away from the chickens. :x

Posted by: rgrwng.4072

rgrwng.4072

i posted this in another thread, but i started suiciding in game the first night i got fed up with finding NPCs to res.

======
The Grove is a great spot to suicide (in-game), because all you have to do is jump from the third level (the level with the LA portal) all the way down to the bottom of the hub. way-pointing between levels in the Grove doesn’t usually incur a loading screen (unless going to the Caledon one near the exit), so way-pointing to say, Reckoner’s Waypoint, travel is instantaneous.

suiciding in towns for the achievement is safer – you get FREE way pointing because you are in a town, there are NO enemies to hit you, so you do not suffer repair costs, and NPC hunting is annoying in some areas.
======

given it some more thought, and i think i might spend a minute to create a GW2LFG post on the site for suiciding for dailies (if i get that one) tonight. maybe i’ll make some friends helping others.

(edited by rgrwng.4072)

Posted by: Bullfrog.1324

Bullfrog.1324

I got my healing part of the daily done through events. That being said, if I came across a group of suicide jumpers I would join in without a second thought, even if I already had my daily finished. That sounds like a lot of fun!

(and to be honest, I’d probably strip naked before jumping just for the extra lulz)

I’d rather regret something I’d done than regret doing nothing.
[Profession Synonym] Lexxi [ANGL] – Tarnished Coast

Eladriel.7295

I got my healing part of the daily done through events. That being said, if I came across a group of suicide jumpers I would join in without a second thought, even if I already had my daily finished. That sounds like a lot of fun!

(and to be honest, I’d probably strip naked before jumping just for the extra lulz)

lol, it was fun Bullfrog. It was hilariously fun. And everyone that was participating was having a blast. After all that is why we play games…