in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Medron Pryde.6850

Medron Pryde.6850

Well played.

Suicide jumps for res daily

Posted by: Voltar.8574

Voltar.8574

A player’s lack of creativity is pretty astounding. I’m terrible at remembering things and I don’t have to work very hard to think of events that leave more than 10 dead NPCs. Good for them (until they start complaining that it’s the only way to complete the daily…which is all but inevitable some will).

Posted by: damny.9342

damny.9342

A player’s lack of creativity is pretty astounding. I’m terrible at remembering things and I don’t have to work very hard to think of events that leave more than 10 dead NPCs. Good for them (until they start complaining that it’s the only way to complete the daily…which is all but inevitable some will).

I think organizing suicide jumps is very creative

But it’s kind of silly with the amount of dead NPCs you can find everywhere in the world. Every zone has some hearts or events with dead NPCs you can resurrect.

Posted by: Meryt.9823

Meryt.9823

go to Nageling in Diessa Plateau. The Giant kills the entire town of NPCs. When you rez them, he kills them again. Repeat. Everyone on every server could easily complete this simply by not killing the giant in nageling.

..and if the giants not up, the nearby ranch has a regular supply of dead ranchers + the worms respawn fast.
If you hate PvE it’s something to do while waiting for Wv3 queue

He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster.

(edited by Meryt.9823)

Posted by: CharrGirl.7896

CharrGirl.7896

I’m just amazed that most people still don’t realize you can just revive an NPC or help in reviving from downed state. I was playing my usual way yesterday and a player approached me and asked me if I could go in downed state so he can get his achievement…I just told him you can revive a bunch of dead NPC-s there, and he said “ohh I didn’t know!”.

This is what happens when you don’t read properly. The achievement clearly states “reach out to help an ally”, which is a broad term and does not involve only dead players. Hence so many come to kitten about it on the forum because they don’t read the description properly.

Posted by: skjidi.5240

skjidi.5240

One of the most easy daily achievements.

One Event at Shelter is enough to get you this daily,
takes …… 3 minutes.

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

I usually do them along with completing events.

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Haha, I was wondering how long before people were killing themselves over the new dailies. ArenaNet encourages suicide! :P

Not only suicide. I found I was letting NPC’s I was supposed to be protecting die so I could revive them. I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before all players find the perfect spot for them to find dead NPC’s, but this is just a silly, silly idea for a daily.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

This is what happens when you don’t read properly. The achievement clearly states “reach out to help an ally”, which is a broad term and does not involve only dead players. Hence so many come to kitten about it on the forum because they don’t read the description properly.

I disagree. The description is unclear which is obviously demonstrated by the confusion we have seen. The text is misleading, when you say “ally” people naturally think of other players.

How hard would it have been to have the text say “reach out to help an ally (Character or NPC)”?

Three extra words and a couple of parenthesis, that’s all it would take and there wouldn’t be this issue at all.

Unfortunately, some game developers are consistently unclear in their communication for some reason, particularly ArenaNet. We saw the same thing in GW1. For example, the description of mercenary heroes in GW1 says you can use them to make clones of ‘any level 20 character’ (which is the level cap). http://www.guildwars.com/products/extras/mercenary_heroes/

Most normal people would think that means a character you have leveled up to 20. It turns out you can clone PvP-only characters that one can roll up to be instantly level 20.

And cloning PvP-characters is the most common method of usage these merc heroes. But nowhere on that product page does it clarify this is the way they can be used.

Again how hard would it be to put in three extra words ’any level 20 character (PvE or PvP)? And suddenly things are made so much clearer.

This is not a case of people not properly reading, this is a case of the developer not properly communicating.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: Turial.1293

Turial.1293

Let’s see – apparently only “KIDS” do this. I’m in my 40s – I’d have done it if I’d thought of it. Kudos to those smart enough to come up with a creative way to meet this particular daily. I suspect the atmosphere among those suiciding/rezzing was probably much like the day about 150 of us spontaneously began jumping to our deaths in Wayfarer Foothills during the Beta Finale. Sorry I missed it.

Sorry but there is nothing smart about it at all, it’s a solution only someone with very low IQ would come up with, any normal player would have completed the rezzing daily less than a hour with NORMAL playing.

As for killing NPC so that they can rez them, why should people not complete let say guard events because one person wants the NPC dead, i would protect him if that was me.

This is what I mean by KIDS, this was yesterday in Orr, so yes it does affect others when these players start spamming crap, its rude and shows there age.

You should not have blocked his name, how else can I put a player like that on my ignore list.

“Some of my best friends are heterosexual”

Posted by: Sharkinu.8096

Sharkinu.8096

At least is not as silly as the two guys I found in WvW: one of them was sitting in the field getting hit by a deer and the other one was screaming in map chat “Don’t kill the deer!” while waiting for his friend to get downed by a deer.

I smiled, I waved and I went back to chase invaders.

Posted by: pencapchew.5432

pencapchew.5432

I’ve killed myself for my wife to complete her daily. But only when she needs 1 more to finish it.

Kinda fun really.

Posted by: Yenkin.5410

Yenkin.5410

Revive is easy, typically I just find an event where a champion has killed all the NPC in some fort and revive as the champion walks around on the opposite side. Quick and easy. Wayfare hills is an easy place to get your dailes, one Maw event 5 dynamics easy. I have two level 80’s with little time play except saturday and sunday morning rest of week I just get my dailes.

Posted by: Silver Halliwell.4735

Silver Halliwell.4735

go to Nageling in Diessa Plateau. The Giant kills the entire town of NPCs. When you rez them, he kills them again. Repeat. Everyone on every server could easily complete this simply by not killing the giant in nageling.

Not like he drops anything in the first place, amiright?

Posted by: Blueshield.6291

Blueshield.6291

Not like he drops anything in the first place, amiright?

True story.

Posted by: DoctorOverlord.8620

DoctorOverlord.8620

I’ve killed myself for my wife to complete her daily. But only when she needs 1 more to finish it.

Nothing says “I love you” more than letting yourself get killed just to get rezzed.

Check my GW2 Comic Dynamic Events http://goo.gl/JyB3J (Short Google Link to Fan Content Forum here)

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

There is a corner in metrica that has dis-functioning golems that drop dead every 10 seconds or so and there are a bunch of them. It’s part of the heart, but you can always res them. Takes about 3 minutes to complete healer that way, doesn’t impede on events, you don’t have to deal with the reactor craziness or ask you wife to go kill herself. Pretty much all win there.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: BrimstoneAshe.5043

BrimstoneAshe.5043

Well since they daily is counted no matter what character you’re on, I just parked an alt at Shaemoor Garrison right outside Divinities Reach. There’s always dead Lion’s Guard from centaurs there. So if by the end of the night of playing my main character I don’t have the Healer daily done, I just log on the alt start rezzing the troops.

Asuran Engineer – Norn Ranger
[KAOS] of Anvil Rock

Posted by: perfect.5198

perfect.5198

The diving tower in LA is the bestest. It even has a Way Point to the top so you can just jump down onto the ramp below. Rinse and repeat.

-p

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

This should be changed to “Revive Downed Allies” hahaha

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Asumita.2174

Asumita.2174

seriously, how lazy are people. just play some events in orr and you’ll get majority of the dailes done.

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

I think organizing suicide jumps is very creative

But it’s kind of silly with the amount of dead NPCs you can find everywhere in the world. Every zone has some hearts or events with dead NPCs you can resurrect.

You know, I really don’t give a skritt kitten about the dead npc… all I know I was having fun with the jump rez party so you people need to take a chill pill and smell the blasted roses for once in your life. I already knew about the npcs.. I do what I feel like doing at the time. If there is something more fun over there that is where I will be.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

It really isn’t hard to ress npc/players, I’m really not sure why they had to resort to this.

Posted by: Pirlipat.2479

Pirlipat.2479

I guess most people assume those who killed themselves in order to get revived didn’t know any better way, but from what I read here I would think they did it this way because they thought it funny. So, no it’s not “hard” to revive anyone (besides maybe reviving while beeing in fight) but reviving some dead npcs is prolly way more boring than finding some people and do some nonsense in this game – like jumping off a cliff to get revived.

So the fun is not jumping down somewhere the fun is beeing together and doing some hilarious things together. But I guess the concept “fun” is pretty hard to explain.

(edited by Pirlipat.2479)

Posted by: SadieDeAtreia.8912

SadieDeAtreia.8912

So its “Reviving nekkid basejumpers”. Tier 1 of 1
Really funny :-)