Summer Quarterly update

Summer Quarterly update

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

@ Incuplatus cedo…. actually, now that I look at it that does make sense. But I still stand by my original statement. I’m so desperate for any legitimate info on the next quarterly update, that even a 30 second vague teaser would make me happy.

Come on, ANet… you don’t have to let the hype train roll down the tracks. Just let it go forward a few feet.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: LouWolfskin.3492

LouWolfskin.3492

I’d rather get no info and be surprised than hyped.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: robertjan.2197

robertjan.2197

As we have most likely have just 2 weeks to go till the summer update, I am wondering why there is still nothing shared….a small preview won’t hurt anyone isn’kitten

For me the summer update will be important. In it’s current state I am everything but happy about the game, especially the WvW part. When there would be a big fix to this, I will definitely stay along and play it more.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: hoewhoew.4619

hoewhoew.4619

As we have most likely have just 2 weeks to go till the summer update, I am wondering why there is still nothing shared….a small preview won’t hurt anyone isn’kitten

For me the summer update will be important. In it’s current state I am everything but happy about the game, especially the WvW part. When there would be a big fix to this, I will definitely stay along and play it more.

If they are following the same pattern as they did before, the Summer Update should hit us next Tuesday (end of PvP Season). Last time, for the Spring Update, they didn’t release any information before the patch other than a few small teasers. The teasers they posted were uploaded on the Friday and Monday (Twitter) prior to the patch.

MO told us that they wouldn’t be sharing a lot of information anymore because, rather then hyping us up or giving us promises, he wants us to just log on and see what they shipped, when it’s ready. This way we wouldn’t be disappointed, the devs can be proud of the content they made and we can be proud of the game.

So it’s possible that we’ll see some small teasers going up today / next Monday, but we probably shouldn’t expect anything large (information wise).

I’d personally expect some small teasers for LS3 when it starts, but maybe they decided it’s better to release that 2 weeks after the Summer Patch. We’ll just have to wait and see, I suppose.

Guardians of the Silver Dragons – Piken Square

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Rashagar.8349

Rashagar.8349

I’d rather get no info and be surprised than hyped.

Same here with regards patch content, although considering the rigmarole I need to go through to get the updates sometimes a date would be appreciated by me at least.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

We did get a small bit of insight on the skill split. I can only assume that engineering that kind of change took some time – if it’s done well and numbers are tweaked appropriately, it could be awesome!

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

We did get a small bit of insight on the skill split. I can only assume that engineering that kind of change took some time – if it’s done well and numbers are tweaked appropriately, it could be awesome!

She did say that they want to keep the skills the same across both modes as much as possible, only splitting them when they have to. So don’t expect to see any significant changes between the two modes unfortunately.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: jhern.6097

jhern.6097

so when is the next seasonal update? im dying to know what theyre going to fix about the rev

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Rumor has it happening some time this month. The seasonal update anyway.

Gone to Reddit.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

If they follow the 3 month release schedule…

1) Late January (1/26)
2) late April (4/19)
3) would be late July (???)

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: GameGuard.8610

GameGuard.8610

Seems every 12 weeks so it make it the 12th but we havent been teased yet so im thinking bthe 26th most likly

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: DreamyAbaddon.3265

DreamyAbaddon.3265

Please update us whats going on soon.
Im getting less interested in the game with nothing new to do.
I dont do raids…

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

New patch tomorrow, so….there’s that.

Looking forward, if nothing else, to Glide-R-Tron, lol.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Bjarkov.9751

Bjarkov.9751

Don’t they usually patch the game at 1 am gmt+1 when the game resets? I noticed the pvp season ended and there was no patch. Well tbh I don’t really care if the patch will be small or big, it won’t live up to what people expect, and as it is now I just want to see the world burn. xD Seriously though, I’m wondering what effect this seemingly endless content ‘drought’ will have to the game if anet don’t do something soon Idk, I find this whole situation interesting.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

For ANet’s sake, the update better pop tomorrow…. At the rate that I’m becoming a Pokemon Master, I don’t know how much longer my heart will belong to GW2….

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Warped.3408

Warped.3408

Isnt the next update due next week?
i havent seen any info on whats in it or even if we are still getting one.
apologies if i am wrong, but its 3 months since last one by my reckoning.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Wargameur.6950

Wargameur.6950

check Mike post on the core game subsection.

main ~ Esper Jace (Thief )/ Ellundril Jiluan
(mesmer ) – EU [Teef]

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Warped.3408

Warped.3408

Thanks. i never thought to check there, would have thought info should be in HOT section too.
Even so, still no real info in that post, feels more like announcing an announcement sometime , when who knows?
Other than LS3 episode, sounds more like patches than any real content too. (IMO)

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Some thought the big patch would be today, but that’s unlikely now after MO’s announcement. Considering their usual 2 week Tuesday releases, the 26th is the next, though they have pushed back patches to the end of the week before.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

For ANet’s sake, the update better pop tomorrow…. At the rate that I’m becoming a Pokemon Master, I don’t know how much longer my heart will belong to GW2….

You’ll be back when your data runs out. :P
Besides, great thing about GW2 is you can come and PokéGo as you please.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

According to the article on mmorpg.com, it’s 26th. Of course, you wouldn’t know that if you only follow the most obvious sites for such an info, because all MO said in his post is that LS won’t be today. And even that one wasn’t said directly.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: cephiroth.6182

cephiroth.6182

Your first source for official info – generic fansites.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Xiahou Mao.9701

Xiahou Mao.9701

Yeah, that’s called marketing. You may or may not be familiar with the term. Arenanet lets the fan sites get the info first to post, and in exchange those fan sites devote more coverage to the game than they would otherwise and thus draw in more players.

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Yeah, that’s called marketing. You may or may not be familiar with the term. Arenanet lets the fan sites get the info first to post, and in exchange those fan sites devote more coverage to the game than they would otherwise and thus draw in more players.

Which is needed, because the people that are already playing feel ignored more and more and leave.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Sylent.3165

Sylent.3165

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2s-living-world-returns-on-july-26/

Release confirmed for 23rd.

So hope we get a new map that’s fun

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Summer Quarterly update

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/guild-wars-2s-living-world-returns-on-july-26/

Release confirmed for 23rd.

So hope we get a new map that’s fun

You mean 26th right? Lol.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|