Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And if all the S1 content was permanent instead of temporary perhaps there wouldn’t be a desire for filler content until the expansion…

Of course it would. Because by now the vast majority of people would have already completed all S1 content more than enough times to not wanting to do it again.

People are also overestimating the amount of content S1 actually delivered. It was quite a bit less than S2.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

My preferences

-Sab (world 3 or at least 1&2)
-Crown Pavillon

(edited by MarkPhilips.5169)

Posted by: ChyldeMyst.5098

ChyldeMyst.5098

I spent over 2000 Gems on permanent harvesting equipment and outfit skins that I lost because I deleted the characters before those items were switched from soul-bound to account-bound. I’m not whinging or demanding refunds, and that content will NEVER come back. Your precious box will return, and your token will still get you in. The self-righteous sense of entitlement you project by spouting rhetoric like “robbing customers blind” and demanding refunds does not help your cause.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

My preferences

-Crown Pavillon
-SouthSun Survival

Southsun Survival is already in there still, on the rotating list of daily activities. And Crown Pavilion wouldn’t be until sumer.

Posted by: MarkPhilips.5169

MarkPhilips.5169

My preferences

-Crown Pavillon
-SouthSun Survival

Southsun Survival is already in there still, on the rotating list of daily activities. And Crown Pavilion wouldn’t be until sumer.

Right for Ss, I edited.

Thx

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

I spent over 2000 Gems on permanent harvesting equipment and outfit skins that I lost because I deleted the characters before those items were switched from soul-bound to account-bound. I’m not whinging or demanding refunds, and that content will NEVER come back. Your precious box will return, and your token will still get you in. The self-righteous sense of entitlement you project by spouting rhetoric like “robbing customers blind” and demanding refunds does not help your cause.

So you choosing to delete these things knowing full well they would be lost is comparable to buying something that was rendered irrelevant?

lordkrall.7241

So you choosing to delete these things knowing full well they would be lost is comparable to buying something that was rendered irrelevant?

That can be turned around as well.

We bought the coin knowing full well that the content would not be available at all times.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: party buddy.4956

party buddy.4956

It is irrelevant if the content would be around for eternity. An item with infinite uses should not be sold as such, if it does not have infinite uses. It was false advertising, which might not have mattered so much, if they had kept SAB around for longer than it was available to be bought in the gem store.

this forums’ functionality is horrible…

lordkrall.7241

It is irrelevant if the content would be around for eternity. An item with infinite uses should not be sold as such, if it does not have infinite uses. It was false advertising, which might not have mattered so much, if they had kept SAB around for longer than it was available to be bought in the gem store.

But it does have infinite uses.
It just isn’t usable right now.

If I buy a life-time membership at a gym, that doesn’t mean it will no longer be a life-time membership just because the gym is closed down for a couple of months in order to upgrade.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Snow.2048

Snow.2048

We bought the coin knowing full well that the content would not be available at all times.

Not quite.
One was deliberate destruction, the other is buying something that you knew would have pauses, but based on the pattern of releases still expected to see regularly. Whether or not those affected by this are right isn’t what I’m aiming for, more that the whole I deleted my character after spending 2k gems is an invalid argument.

(I personally think that just opening it for a while would have been the best solution, or making it a yearly event, but that’s a different matter)

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

The self-righteous sense of entitlement you project by spouting rhetoric like “robbing customers blind” and demanding refunds does not help your cause.

Really? Is it actually “self righteous entitlement” to expect a service you paid for?

I often think the “entitled” accusation is overused here, even when its discussing people asking for free content. In this case people are asking for content they actually paid for.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

There was a reasonable expectation that the content would be brought back at regular intervals. This is such a terrible argument that I can’t believe even you are making it.

If you got to use your “lifetime membership” to a gym for a month, then it closed down “for maintenance,” you’re telling me telling me that you don’t feel like you should have access to some of the facilities after two years? Yeah, please do keep turning these arguments around, because they’re only helping my case.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Sasuke.2573

Sasuke.2573

you forgot to open sab in todays update. Fix pls

Attachments:

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

Seriously kitten Anet and their SAB withholding ways.

Posted by: thefinnster.7105

thefinnster.7105

RIOT for SAB death to those with holding sab from us

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

As i said already in another thread, it seems like they prefer to not add anything than to put SAB back. Quite annoying.

Posted by: Squee.7829

Squee.7829

Please bring back SAB. I never even liked the thing, but I just can’t escape it. People won’t shut up about it! Please end the constant whining, ANET. Please bring back SAB.

Leader and sole member of the “Bring Penguins to Tyria” movement.

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Apparently they don’t want players to actually enjoy content they make for extended periods of time.

They would much prefer us to have gem store garbage, mini grinding festivals and silverwastes farming to tie us over….they don’t care about their playerbase, and they can see their playerbase is starting to care less about them in return.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

lordkrall.7241

Apparently they don’t want players to actually enjoy content they make for extended periods of time.

They would much prefer us to have gem store garbage, mini grinding festivals and silverwastes farming to tie us over….they don’t care about their playerbase, and they can see their playerbase is starting to care less about them in return.

And yet there were parts of the playerbase that hated SAB and wanted it out of the game as soon as it was added.
Why should one part of the playerbase be more important than the others?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

And yet there were parts of the playerbase that hated SAB and wanted it out of the game as soon as it was added.

hmm usually you have better arguments than something like “some people hate it therefore its ok that its gone”. tbh you quoted drivel, but still. its weak.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

lordkrall.7241

hmm usually you have better arguments than something like “some people hate it therefore its ok that its gone”. tbh you quoted drivel, but still. its weak.

Thats not what I said though.
I countered his argument about people wanting it back and as such it should be back ASAP, with an argument that there are also people not wanting it back and a question about whom they should listen to.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

People who don’t want SAB could ignore it (i.e. they could choose not to play it without it effecting their game). People who want SAB have no choice. They cannot play it at the moment.

I get that some do not like it, but I do not think that means it should be removed for that reason. If players were forced to play SAB then I would understand, but they weren’t.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

lordkrall.7241

Oh I agree, it should be back. But I just question the logic behind it “must come back” based on some of the player-base wanting it while others definitely don’t want it back.

One could of course also point out that even if you chose to ignore the content there will be a massive influx of people running around with, in the dislikers eyes, silly and immersion breaking weapons everywhere.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Rin.1046

Rin.1046

Oh I agree, it should be back. But I just question the logic behind it “must come back” based on some of the player-base wanting it while others definitely don’t want it back.

One could of course also point out that even if you chose to ignore the content there will be a massive influx of people running around with, in the dislikers eyes, silly and immersion breaking weapons everywhere.

I understand your point, I just do not think it is a valid one. We already, in my opinion, have many immersion breaking weapons, etc. A bubble firing pistol or a unicorn firing shortbow are two legendary examples that for me are just plain daft and break that serious atmosphere I would prefer in a fantasy game. However, I understand that some players like those things and I therefore have no objection to them being in the game. This is because I understand that the game is not just for me. I also feel that the game should not cater to only one group of people.

People will like and dislike every aspect of the game. You cannot base the existance of something within an MMO based on the opinions of one group of people, especially when it is clear there is a massive following for SAB. There needs to be variety, so more and more people can find something they enjoy, so long as it can be explained in a lore sense, which SAB is.

Also, we already have SAB gear, minis and finishers, even though the actual mini game is not available. So the idea that the return of SAB will break immersion for some is not entirely accurate, because it already does. As to it creating an influx, that may well happen, but once the dust has settled and people have had their initial fill, things will not be as bad as people think. IMO this is why I feel SAB should be permanent rather than temporary. If it was permanent it would not suck players from other areas of the game for extended periods of time, because people would be allowed to play it when they feel like it, rather than being forced to play it at the same time as everyone else.

All that said, I do not think SAB was removed because some people disliked it. I think they have just needed to put it on hold while they concentrated on other things. I am sure once HoT is out of the way they can free up resources again and continue finishing the other worlds and eventually bring SAB back into the game. I just hope that when they do it will be permanent, not temporary.

Simplicity is complex.

Good feedback is key to getting the developers to listen to you.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

All that said, I do not think SAB was removed because some people disliked it. I think they have just needed to put it on hold while they concentrated on other things. I am sure once HoT is out of the way they can free up resources again and continue finishing the other worlds and eventually bring SAB back into the game. I just hope that when they do it will be permanent, not temporary.

I really hope that’s not true. But if it is, I really wish they at least give gem refunds for those who bought the ICC. If it returns post HoT, that’s be something like two years the thing was closed, and an item people paid real world cash for was rendered useless (almost immediately after purchase).

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

I don’t understand the people that are saying they don’t want SAB back. What difference would that even make to them? It’s like saying you hate Keg Brawl so it shouldn’t be around at all. If you don’t like Keg Brawl you certainly don’t have to play it. Same goes for SAB.

I bought an Infinite Coin. I knew full well when I bought it that SAB was seasonal content. It had appeared twice in a somewhat consistent pattern, enough for any logical person to believe it would return around the same time the following year and each year to come.

At no point did anyone who bought the coin think that SAB would simply not come back again ever. We figured once a year and that was good enough for us. We’re closing in on two years now without so much as a hint that it will be returning soon.

That’s why people are upset.

If people are really that against SAB, then maybe SAB should only be open to people who bought the coin, but I have a feeling that suddenly all of the people that don’t want it back will want to play the content and cause an uproar that they don’t have access to it now.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

COME ONE COME ALL
2 the SAB protests

Later today we are holding SAB protest in RS right outside of SAB. Please keep it peaceful.. We will be lighting fireworks off, costume brawling, and dancing to show anet how much we want it. This has to start NOW!!

Rata Sum
8pm eastern
5pm western
Bring plenty of signs. No guns!

Posted by: Buffy.9246

Buffy.9246

Please Anet bring sab back! It’s my favorite living story you ever made, rest sucks.
Since I bought the infinite coin I want sab back or my money back.

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

I can’t believe it’s been way over half a year since people started meeting up for protests in Rata Sum. Also, I can’t believe Anet has been completely ignoring the request to just put back existing content.

By now I could see their only motivation to not put back SAB being “people will complain about us re-releasing it without adding world 3 yet, which would be annoying, so we’d rather give them nothing at all until we have world 3 done”

So yeah. Here’s me still with my ICC in my bank and a whole character inventory filled up with SAB stuff like baubles.

Posted by: reMURPed.8127

reMURPed.8127

they’re focused on expansion now. I doubt that someone’s actually working on world 3. #occupySAB2015

Iaknihs.8536

Except many people would be fine just getting worlds 1-2 back. I understand that until all the Expansion and story stuff and some fixes and all that lot are dealt with, no more content will be added to SAB.

Still “people will complain about us re-releasing existing content with no changes” is the only (and pretty weak) explanation I can think of to not return existing SAB levels.

Edit: Also that maybe they don’t want to go against the ‘lore’ of Moto saying that SAB is taking down for upgrading – he would hardly open it up without an upgrade then. Since he also said eventually everyone will have a SAB at home, I could see that as a reference for an SAB-node sorta thing eventually being on the GEM store for home instances or somesuch. Probably after World 4 is out, approximately 20 years from now.

(edited by Iaknihs.8536)

Posted by: Vrita.7846

Vrita.7846

I don’t even care if they bother with a world 3 anytime soon, I had fun with world 1 and 2, and I sure as hell will have fun with them again. After buying the ICC, and then having the content locked up soon after for well over a year now, I feel cheated. I understand that SAB was a special event, but you just don’t sell something in the gemstore and then lock up the content it’s used for less than a month after and never bother to release it regularly, or even give premium access to people who bought the coin.

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Thats not what I said though.
I countered his argument about people wanting it back and as such it should be back ASAP, with an argument that there are also people not wanting it back and a question about whom they should listen to.

no it isnt what you said, its something like what you said. its what your reply boils down to. and i think its weak. but then, i also want sab back asap. :|

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Guhracie.3419

I hate Lornar’s Pass, but it isn’t out of the game. Why should the playerbase that likes Lornar’s Pass be more important than the playerbase that doesn’t?

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

I don’t even care if they bother with a world 3 anytime soon, I had fun with world 1 and 2, and I sure as hell will have fun with them again. After buying the ICC, and then having the content locked up soon after for well over a year now, I feel cheated. I understand that SAB was a special event, but you just don’t sell something in the gemstore and then lock up the content it’s used for less than a month after and never bother to release it regularly, or even give premium access to people who bought the coin.

This comment is spot on. I forgot to send a support ticket on this topic. I will do this tonight at the protest. My coin has been in bank sense the event left and now the item I spent money on is useless …. Over a year later anet? Really I want a refund!! Everyone send a support ticket today who bought a infinite coin because it is now useless!

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

silly and immersion breaking weapons everywhere.

This can’t possibly be anyone’s opinion. Considering the silly, immersion breaking skins that exist outside of SAB…

I think a weapon skin that is being populated/generated via some Asuran computer technology is far less immersion breaking than a bow that shoots rainbow unicorns, a disco ball mace, or heck even a greatsword that allows you to see into some other dimension that also changes dimensions based on time of day (still not sure what the twilight/sunrise/eternity skins are referencing, is it heaven/hell does Tyrian lore even have heaven and hell?)

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Guhracie.3419

silly and immersion breaking weapons everywhere.

This can’t possibly be anyone’s opinion. Considering the silly, immersion breaking skins that exist outside of SAB…

I think a weapon skin that is being populated/generated via some Asuran computer technology is far less immersion breaking than a bow that shoots rainbow unicorns, a disco ball mace, or heck even a greatsword that allows you to see into some other dimension that also changes dimensions based on time of day (still not sure what the twilight/sunrise/eternity skins are referencing, is it heaven/hell does Tyrian lore even have heaven and hell?)

Uhh… twilight and sunrise are both times of day, and eternity is a concept of “forever” that has nothing to do with heaven or hell. The skins visually reflect morning and evening, as well as the night sky, in the case of eternity.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

If SAB were intrinsically tied to a specific Living World event that is no longer going on, or were anachronistic in some way, that would be one thing. Like, if you went in there and talked to Scarlet Briar, or if the computer that ran it was powered by Zhaitan, then it wouldn’t make sense for it to exist.

Or, if we were talking about a recurring holiday event that only made sense to appear at certain times of year, that might make sense as well.

But as we all know, SAB is not any such case. It doesn’t contradict any story events. It isn’t tied to any particular holiday or festival. It isn’t time-sensitive. And it’s entirely optional, for those who don’t enjoy it. The deletion of this content is utterly purposeless and unjustified, and to be honest I feel it is a huge blotch on the record of a company like ArenaNet whom otherwise I have great respect for.

Since when does a responsible developer remove game modes for no reason, with no plans to supplement or reinstate it in any way, despite outcry from players? And when you factor in the players who paid good money for the Infinite Continue Coin (with no option of a refund), it transcends distasteful game management and becomes blatantly disrespectful to customers.

ANet, please see reason on this issue. I don’t know what behind-the-scenes politics are going on at your company, or who is on an embittered power trip where they feel the need to make a point by withholding enjoyable content from GW2’s players, but please just swallow your pride and work it out. When Super Adventure Box came out, it made waves. It was a powerful symbol of what GW2 is capable of, how masterful the content designers are, how deeply you understand engaging level design, and how limitless the potential of this game really is. It showed the world that anything can happen in Guild Wars 2.

But, by continuing this farce and keeping such great content to yourselves, you destroy that image completely. As it stands, SAB now only exists as an eternal stain of disgrace on GW2’s record. It’s like you all just took the ball and went home. Do you really think it’s wise to let that image be ANet’s last word on such a beloved piece of GW2 content?

(edited by Fyrebrand.4859)

Posted by: Roguefire.8174

Roguefire.8174

If there are people that don’t like SAB, then don’t play it. Not sure why people complain about bonus content in the game.

Posted by: DirtyT.5129

DirtyT.5129

Please bring SAB back.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Please bring SAB back.

Posted by: Dezarys.1372

Dezarys.1372

Very disappointing… Loved SAB I WANT MY REFUND

Guild Leader of Oakvale [Vale]
http://oakvale.enjin.com

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Now I want 1st person SAB

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Now I want 1st person SAB

ikr, first thing I thought of.

Iaknihs.8536

Not sure if 1st person would make SAB easier or harder, but I’ll definitely replay all jp’s on 1st person and SAB would also be on the list for that – if Anet brings it back that is.

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Tell Moto… My body is ready…..

Attachments:

Posted by: Simon.3794

Simon.3794

But they are not ready yet!….

17:10

(edited by Simon.3794)

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

They’re never ready.

I’ll believe SAB when it’s actually in the game, again.

Til then, it’s nothing but smoke.

Kudos to Joe on getting an interview, though.

Posted by: DakotaCoty.5721

DakotaCoty.5721

I cannot stand this guy that is interviewing Colin.

[CG {EU} – Leader] Leading farm guild~193 cRanger~
https://www.twitch.tv/dakotacoty
https://www.facebook.com/RealDakotaCoty/

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

Nothing has really changed regarding SAB.
It will return whenever they have time to work on it, or more specifically when priorities allow it.