Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

If you buy unlimited access to a local amusement park and use it for a month, after which time it closes down for maintenance for a year and a half with the elusive promise that “someday it’ll be back” you really don’t believe that you would demand a refund, on account of “it’s been too long and my right to a refund expired?” Really?

Because I’d think you’d be (justified in) saying that you felt the business was trustworthy, that they were going to bring that content back seasonally, and learning that absolutely no maintenance was being scheduled for the park totally and completely means that you’re eligible for a refund.

No, I simply point out that they aren’t necessarily required to give me a refund, seeing as the content/park will come back.

People keep arguing that it was a stated fact that SAB would return seasonally, that was never even slightly hinted at. People ASSUMED it would be like that. Never in anyway or form have it ever been stated however. We know that it will come back however, therefore refunds aren’t issued.

I would also say that the reason that most people waited half a year before requesting their refunds might also very well effect it. If you want a refund for something, you request it in a short amount of time. Not half a year later. I can’t really think of anything that would allow a refund for a (used no less) item after that period, unless it expressively says so when you buy it.

The reason people waited that long was because there was a 5 month gap between the first two iterations. There’s no point in trying to have a reasonable, sane discussion with you. The amount of time between the first two releases, as well as the appearance of the coin in the gem store, set a reasonable expectation that this content would be making regular appearances. It is utterly dishonest to suggest otherwise.

ANET is no longer a trustworthy company, in my opinion. Selling the coin and then announcing a year later that the product wasn’t even being worked on; refusing refunds to people who have been patient and optimistic for a year and a half; these are shameful practices, and defending that is shameful.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Katz.5143

Katz.5143

I regret buying that infinite coin now. I liked SAB. They could simply open it back up with what it had at the time and let us work for the rewards that it had at the time and use our coin. I really don’t understand why they handled it the way they did.

It’s a kitten conspiracy. Kittens gonna be kittens. All is vain!

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Let me be a bit more direct and not beat around the bush like Arena Net usually does. It’s not going to come back till maybe after Heart of the Thorns. Even then it might not be a guarantee. The lead designer and overseer for SAB Josh Foreman has a major hand in finishing up the design work for the upcoming expansion. The reason why there was no SAB since the second iteration because they had Josh pretty much work on everything else. Plus the work he did for all apparent purposes did get heavily criticize during SAB second release. Basically for being harder and longer.

People otherwise do favor his work he has accomplished throughout GW2. Not only for SAB. Including most of the jumping puzzles and major design work on the racial city throughout GW2 (ie: Divinity’s Reach and Lion’s Arch). He was also the one who let it slip out about the Cantha city district was being planned for Divinity’s Reach. Ever since work ended with SAB world 2 release and he has been working exhaustively on other things. For example some of his recent work included the Triple Trouble update, and a good amount of the season 2 map design.

I think it’s really going to be up to Josh and the management at Arena Net to let him do his own thing now. On a side note he does have a personal blog; I do read every now and then. Though I don’t think you will see anything heavily work related unless it’s positive. Especially after what happened the SAB world 2 release.

This unofficial thought process of what going on behind Arena Net’s closed doors. Take it or leave it. However I am not going to bait you with “nothing is off the table” or “it will come back eventually” catch phrase shenanigans. Since I can also pretty much predict that the expansion is also going to be group events, dynamic events, and personal instances. No new dungeons, fractals, or any other non-recycled festival be coming from now until maybe after HoT is done. Notice how Colin has shut his mouth about anything to do with Polymock. Probably because it got shelved, but they don’t want to tell you that in any direct way. Also I will bet you Crystin Cox who is one of the lead designer for the new mastery system, and the micro-sales division is already thinking of bringing custom glider wings to the gem store.

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

What if… instead of SAB… we would get giant hands for a day? Would that satisfy you?

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

Don’t give a kitten on SAB – haven’t even finished World 2. But I still don’t get why they won’t do this permanent and add some stuff from time to time after this overwhelming reaction from players. That’s the thing people want, so I don’t get why they don’t deliver it.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: reMURPed.8127

reMURPed.8127

let’s flood twitter and Rata Sum with #occupySAB2015! the North remembers

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

soo… tomorrow SAB or riot?

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

There will be RIOT!!

#occupySAB2015!

Posted by: Ominous.7583

Ominous.7583

PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE bring this back tommorow so much fun Do you guys not like fun

-Ironcurtain

Goo.7926

Anet, if you re-open the SAB I would totally buy HoT the day of its realease!

Posted by: JediYoda.1275

JediYoda.1275

Many have bought Infinite Continue Coin for 600 Gems and we can’t use it!! It’s been over a year since we last able to play SAB.

“If only ANet had some kind of forum they could use to communicate with us……”
“ANet. They never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity to not mess up.”
Mod “Posts created to cause unrest with unfounded claims are not allowed” lmao

Posted by: Voreo Sabrae.5416

Voreo Sabrae.5416

Many have bought Infinite Continue Coin for 600 Gems and we can’t use it!! It’s been over a year since we last able to play SAB.

I know right? it’s just sitting there… laughing at us.

Rawr?

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

I have a character parked in front of the Box, continue coin safely tucked in her inventory. I have hope for the next two days, but if the box doesn’t open, I will be ready for the riot party.

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

#BELIEVEINSAB2015

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Come on guys, A.net needs all their devs not designing new dungeons for HoT to trouble themselves with stuff like SAB. Come on gais /bittersarcasam

Posted by: sMihaly.1492

sMihaly.1492

SAB or URF!

(edited by sMihaly.1492)

Goo.7926

Come on guys, A.net needs all their devs not designing new dungeons for HoT to trouble themselves with stuff like SAB.

Ahahah…! It’s seems so saddly real!

Posted by: Xho.8359

Xho.8359

#WaitingForSAB2015 <3

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

This was brought up a few months ago as well.
And just like then it is advertisement for a raffle.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

quoting ppl from reddit
“this is how ppl get disappointed” all by themselves

lordkrall.7241

ArenaNet have a grand total of nothing at all to do with those things.
They develop the game, but the running, gem-store, VIP, competitions, Raffles and everything that is not strictly programming is done by the publisher.

This is also not a new thing. It have been the case in GW2 China (and really any MMO over there) since release.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

lordkrall.7241

They don’t really have much to say about stuff like these. That is just how publishing works. Why else do you think there are so many vast differences between the EU/NA and Chinese version of the game?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

If you say so.

Fact remains, if the publisher wants something, it happens. Otherwise they can simply decide to just drop the whole deal and close down the whole operations over there, which would lose ArenaNet a kittenton of money.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I can’t help but think that we should all just learn Chinese at this point. Everything is announced there anyways.

Just not in this case. :P

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

we didnt have it at all in 2014. its last release was september of 2013… can you believe that? unless my math is wrong, its been almost 18 months… come on guys, some of us kept our infinite coin.

Posted by: Jade Arkadian.9280

Jade Arkadian.9280

we didnt have it at all in 2014. its last release was september of 2013… can you believe that? unless my math is wrong, its been almost 18 months… come on guys, some of us kept our infinite coin.

Give us SAB back or refund our gems!! ò_ó

SakuraJD.4720

Give us SAB back or refund our gems!! ò_ó

I believe they actually did offer a refund on it, a while back…

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

#SABApril2015. Keep the faith, my brothers and sisters! We BELIEEEEEEVE!

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

April fools!

No SAB.

Posted by: frozzy.7820

frozzy.7820

Will we get sab????

No?

Here we express our love for the content that has been delayed for more than a year.

We would like to have the old content, even if there is no improvement on it.

OCCUPY.SAB.2015

Posted by: frozzy.7820

frozzy.7820

OCCUPY.SAB.2015

OCCUPY.SAB.2015

Posted by: Sebastian.7641

Sebastian.7641

lordkrall.7241

Why would they release SAB on April Fools? The whole point of April Fools is to do something unexpected.
The fact that everyone and their mother seems to shout about SAB, would make it rather silly to release it tomorrow.

It will come at some point. No need to spam the forums about it. It will come when it comes, simple as that.

Although it would be rather funny if they pushed back the release one month every time SAB was mentioned here….

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: jmt.8517

jmt.8517

OCCUPY.SAB.2015
OCCUPY.SAB.2015

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

Haha yes quite a few people in Rata Sum protesting right now Personally, I would love it if SAB came back! But I doubt these protests will do any good.

Attachments:

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

Posted by: BlkPrince.2854

BlkPrince.2854

like the person said this post is an old post and has nothing to do with the return of SAB. SAB will return when its ready I would prefer having something else for April fools

Posted by: Killface.1896

Killface.1896

SAB will return or we all riot in Rata Sum!!!!!!

SakuraJD.4720

SAB will return or we all riot in Rata Sum!!!!!!

currently creating a riot on IP 64.25.38.225:0 come join and bring torches!! and anything else firey.. molochev kittentails! bring lots!

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

The Ultimate April Fool’s is if it comes out tomorrow.

SakuraJD.4720

The Ultimate April Fool’s is if it comes out tomorrow.

one day late :p i’d be ok with that!

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

The riots are real! i popped into Rata sum on my way out to metrica province and my goodness!

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: UndeadCrisis.5103

UndeadCrisis.5103

SAB will be better than anything else for april fools. It would be better if ANET just released it as permanent content – even if it is only world 1 and 2 i’d be fine with that.

Its one of the only fun things to preoccupy people with because its multiple jumping puzzle with combat and all other features all in one place, and the skins look awesome.

They spent so much effort on it that it goes to waste as temporary content

The riots in rata sum though :o it’s like when I witnessed behe spawn on my first character, so many people!

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

This was before my time but based on the number of threads and enthusiasm by its advocates, would be nice to see this event come round again.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

I just Google translated the Chinese website and there is no mention of SAB that I could see. Some PVP event and a dance event, wtv that is.

Anyway, I missed SAB twice since I’v been playing the game. First time, I was a new player and didn’t know any better. I was more interested in leveling. Second time around, I had just transferred servers, and was also going through the leveling game (I deleted my 80 from TC). I realized this was a regular event, and have since regretted not trying it. My favorite part of gw2 is the jumping puzzles. I hope it releases as permanent. My old favorite games were mario (gameboy) and megaman X (SNES).

#SAB2015

SakuraJD.4720

You Did This ANet.

Attachments:

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

You Did This ANet.

Arena.net should not negotiate with terrorists.

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

The riots will go on forever…forever…ever…ever

SakuraJD.4720

You Did This ANet.

Arena.net should not negotiate with terrorists.

It Continues.

Attachments:

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

You’re only hurting yourselves.

Posted by: wondo.2870

wondo.2870

I’ll be coming out for SAB’s 2 year anniversary! Let’s hope we see SAB in 2015!

SAB or RIOT <3

SAB is LOVE, SAB is LIFE #OccupySAB2014