Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

Well played with the misdirection with the miniatures, Anet. Well played.

What you call misdirection, I call shameless money grab…..

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Despite my opinion of SAB, I just don’t understand why people can’t understand “no” when it’s being told to them over and over. Anet has already stated SAB isn’t in the current plans. How many times do you have to let yourself down before you believe them? Also, stop hating on Anet when YOU do this to yourselves. They have already given everyone an answer, now believe it or continue to be disappointed. I agree with wanting to know what are we suppose to do in the meantime, but throwing a fit about something anets already told you isn’t the answer.

All of that would make lots of sense except for the infinite continue coin.

It still makes perfect sense. SAB doesn’t fit into the current direction of the game. Not saying its never coming back, but they never promised a date. IF anything, what you can bank on is not any time soon, as they’ve stated. Which is why I don’t get people getting so worked up when it didn’t come today, as anet already hinted it wouldn’t.

You don’t get why people are getting worked up over the fact that it’s been confirmed that it’s not being worked on, refunds have been denied for the coin, and it’s been out of the game for a year and a half now? A year and a half in a game’s life cycle is… outrageous. To render something completely useless for that amount of time is a lot like walking away with the money, given how easy it is to outgrow games these days. A year and a half is not a reasonable gap between cycles. Not when the company itself created an expectation of 5-7 months with the first two iterations. And, sure, people were willing to be patient for a while, but when more than twice the amount of time has gone by, it is insane to think people shouldn’t be upset.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

So sab tomorrow right? …right?

Posted by: Piogre.2164

Piogre.2164

Well played with the misdirection with the miniatures, Anet. Well played.

What you call misdirection, I call shameless money grab…..

Don’t know about that, but it’s certainly a major middle finger to the fans of the SAB, whom they KNOW want it back. I can’t imagine Anet is stupid enough to think this wouldn’t upset us, so I’ve concluded that they just don’t care. This is not the behaviour of a company that wants me to keep playing their game.

[VIG], SoR
Main: Asuran Engineer — Alt 80’s Ra-T-M-G-El-N-W-En-En-Re-Ra
Doctorate in Applied Jumping

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

You devs can be a real piece of work. We’re here waiting for HoT, and given the amount of time it’ll take, you give us no content while we wait, besides a few skins and a kitten golden pig, yet your fans want SAB back because it’s the one thing that truly grabs so many players attention.
SAB could distract people while you are busy on HoT. Instead you just tease and leave your players annoyed. What a cr@p way to leave your players in the dark, driving them to play other games.

Whatever White Knight wants to quote and argue, save your typing, because I’m not planning to read your BS.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: cooldrew.6809

cooldrew.6809

inb4 they turn it on tomorrow as a joke

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

inb4 people get their hopes up for tomorrow after sab didnt open today

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

inb4 people get their hopes up for tomorrow after sab didnt open today

You’re too late.

Posted by: Noctis.2657

Noctis.2657

Despite my opinion of SAB, I just don’t understand why people can’t understand “no” when it’s being told to them over and over. Anet has already stated SAB isn’t in the current plans. How many times do you have to let yourself down before you believe them? Also, stop hating on Anet when YOU do this to yourselves. They have already given everyone an answer, now believe it or continue to be disappointed. I agree with wanting to know what are we suppose to do in the meantime, but throwing a fit about something anets already told you isn’t the answer.

All of that would make lots of sense except for the infinite continue coin.

It still makes perfect sense. SAB doesn’t fit into the current direction of the game. Not saying its never coming back, but they never promised a date. IF anything, what you can bank on is not any time soon, as they’ve stated. Which is why I don’t get people getting so worked up when it didn’t come today, as anet already hinted it wouldn’t.

Beside the fact that Collins said that SAB would return for sure in the Matt visual´s enterview, it´s not in their plans really…oh wait…

Posted by: Keishar.7239

Keishar.7239

Why isnt it in the game right now, its April first- let us play it for a few weeks while we wait for Heart of Thorns

Posted by: Keishar.7239

Keishar.7239

why isnt SAB out right now?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

It is in the game right now.
More specifically in Rata Sum.

You just can’t enter it.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

Because ANet hates and has zero respect for everyone that ever liked SAB or ever bought the continue coin.

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

Because ANet hates and has zero respect for everyone that ever liked SAB or ever bought the continue coin.

I can’t +1 this post hard enough.

Posted by: Diviner.7405

Diviner.7405

Actually it does fit… Its Asura invention at RATA SUM, unless you dont know anything about Rata Sum or Asura I guess you can think it wouldn’t fit hehe.

At the end of story of the 2nd release of SAB, there was a hint to a background story that takes place in Tyria between Moto and his colleagues. Apparently, Moto had stolen some stuff from his krewe, and his krewe want it back.

So yes, SAB does actually play a role in Tyria and is connected to the lore in a way.

Posted by: xan.5472

xan.5472

Actually it does fit… Its Asura invention at RATA SUM, unless you dont know anything about Rata Sum or Asura I guess you can think it wouldn’t fit hehe.

At the end of story of the 2nd release of SAB, there was a hint to a background story that takes place in Tyria between Moto and his colleagues. Apparently, Moto had stolen some stuff from his krewe, and his krewe want it back.

So yes, SAB does actually play a role in Tyria and is connected to the lore in a way.

Lore ? They don’t care ! Remember Halloween 2014 ? Exactly the same as 2013.
They can do the same for SAB and bring us the same worlds :o

Posted by: Bathos.6341

Bathos.6341

No one likes a smart alec

Posted by: chaosdurza.3291

chaosdurza.3291

Airplane arms and funny noises are better than Super Adventure Box, though. Despite the fact that we’ve been asking for it for 18 months, they came up with airplanes and sound effects. Cool, right?

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I wonder if this is the longest forum post yet…

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I wonder if this is the longest forum post yet…

Nope. Old traits thread By far. 80 some pages plus the new one is over 10. It’s up there though as one of the most persistent.

Posted by: Kruhljak.2705

Kruhljak.2705

In keeping with todays’ rash of whine threads:

I’m offended that a new SAB world isn’t available. Even though I didn’t finish the last one.

Posted by: warrenspe.8096

warrenspe.8096

ANet – you did it. I was actually excited today; why? Because two years ago you released the best minigame / in-game content I have ever had the pleasure of playing. So today, when it struck me that there was even the SLIGHTEST of chances that SAB would be coming back, I logged on with the same gleam in my eye as a kid on Christmas morning. Y’know why? I was excited. I was excited to check; excited about the potentiality that maybe SAB would be back. EXCITED (not-the-correct-usage-of-that-image-but-its-the-only-thing-that-expresses-these-emotions) about guild wars content for the first time in months. For my INFINITE CONTINUE COIN to finally be relevant. I’m no longer excited. I’m saddened Won’t you please bring back SAB? I promise to be kind to Moto..

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I think it might come back this week, but that doesn’t change the fact that people have a right to be upset.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Unknown.2189

Unknown.2189

Putting the SAB minis in the BL chests instead of the gem store just seems like such a money grab, cause they know how badly ppl want this. And thats their way of earning a bit of extra cash. I feel ashamed for spending 300G today buying keys, and just getting 1 SAB mini for it…

Link Triforce/Atticus Roach
-Warrior/Necromancer-

Posted by: Sharingandid.1540

Sharingandid.1540

I love it so much and have been waiting nearly 2 years for it to come back ;_;. Thanks!

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Honestly people want the Super Adventure Box. So it comes down to one fact. Anet does not care about what it users want. Period.

I would not kill them to bring it up 1 week a year in April but they choose not to.

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

Honestly people want the Super Adventure Box. So it comes down to one fact. Anet does not care about what it users want. Period.

I would not kill them to bring it up 1 week a year in April but they choose not to.

I wouldnt say they dont care what people want, just that they feel HoT will turn a bigger profit. its sorta like saying you want someone to die. you dont want to kill them, you just want them gone.. its similar, but only the goal. still those.. those fires were fun.

SakuraJD.4720

can we just agree on that its effed up for anet to create a merged thread but leave no kitten statement -_-

they actually did make a statement, long ago, when it actually was merged. its on page 14, but i agree that since then its been annoying silent.

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

can we just agree on that its effed up for anet to create a merged thread but leave no kitten statement -_-

they actually did make a statement, long ago, when it actually was merged. its on page 14, but i agree that since then its been annoying silent.

thank you, gave you a +1. didn’t see that lol, but then again it was 6months ago… :/

Someone referenced it earlier, but there was an interview almost a month ago with Colin, the interviewer brought up SAB, and it was pretty much the same thing as was what Gaile said in this thread 6 months ago. So as far as i can tell, nothings really changed on SAB’s status in the last half year, and may not for the next half year either. Which does suck, because I’m starting to wonder what exactly we get to look forward to before HoT…for the last 2 months I’ve literally done nothing but log in for dailies…maybe screw around in WvW for like 30minutes some nights, and just log off….just immensely boring now.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

All they had to do was bring SAB back, but nooooooo, instead we get this extremely annoying plane joke that we cannot even disable. Is this going to last a week or just a day?

Hurg, at least I leveled 5 levels in ESO and can start vet content there.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

i want SAB not this stupid airplane mode

Posted by: Dukotje.4382

Dukotje.4382

airplane mode is kind of ok. for the first 5 minutes you log in game… but yes, we’ve waited almost a year, almost a year!!! and still no SAB. Please anet bring SAB back. at least once for the expansion?

Posted by: Irbis.2153

Irbis.2153

All waiting for SAB, why are you so deceiving the expectations of thousands of players? I do not know what you have there for management strategy, but thousands of players have been waiting for a year SAB, since the end of the event. I’m sure this is the day, when you have upset a lot of your fans.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Arena Net would have offended far less people if they just added SAB back again.

How far we have come from a celebrated and loved first April fools to an extremely controversial April fools today.

It’s like Guild Wars II is run by a different company.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

SakuraJD.4720

It really is quite strange. they gave us a repeat halloween, as many have mentioned in this thread by now.. they could have done the same with SAB and people would have been fine. oh sure, they would have complained, said they wished they saw more content, but just to be able to play at the stages again, maybe try some more tribulation to craft the green or yellow skins.. or even to experience it for the first time! think of all the new players we have now, who havent played it because of 18 months without it.. im sure they’d enjoy it.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

So here is what that_shaman said on Reddit based on datamining. Doesn’t sound good.

That_shaman:

They still could open world 1 & 2, but I wouldn’t count on it. World 3 definitely not today but they’re working on it (or at least something new)

Posted by: SaberSamSlayer.7691

SaberSamSlayer.7691

“BBSAB2015” Bring Back Super Adventure Box 2015 !

Posted by: Durganprime.9153

Durganprime.9153

If nothing else, Anet should now have a clear understanding of the content the community really desires.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

putting sab miniatures in blc without sab reopening is a slap to the face

Posted by: Agyaggalamb.4796

Agyaggalamb.4796

The same old “we want to concentrate on the expansion” excuse. Sorry but been there, done that. I spent 7 years in GW1, and that include at least 2 years without a major update. The excuse was: “we need to concentrate on GW2”. It was still a bit annoying, but there was no cash shop at that time – at least not to this extent.

So now that is a cheap excuse. I was in a love/hate relationship with SAB, bought the continue coin, but never finished it (yes, I suck that much, but that’s not the point). I cannot see why it could not be a permanent feature as it is so popular among players. I’d say I’ll never buy gems for cash again but I know I won’t be able to control myself when that Balthazar outfit hits the gemstore.

Other than that we can keep waiting for an expansion that is released after 3 years, to (hopefully) kill the second Elder Dragon, and there are like five more. We don’t know their plans, and strategy, but now I’m worried about the future of the game I love.

Posted by: OnlyL.7314

OnlyL.7314

Arenanet Please? Pretty Please? You know what, I’ll even play it in Airplane mode if that’s the way it’s got to be
BTW, I’d pay 1000 gems or so entry fee any time… It’s been 1.5 years since the last time, just bring it back already :P

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Not getting much use outta those Infinite Continue Coins, are ya?

pelle ossa.9705

Quaggans want SaaaAAAaaaAAAaaaAAAbbbBBBBbbbbBBBbbbBBBBB

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

hope this germanwings april fool isnt everything. would be weak, very very weak

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

I love it how they said months ago that SAB is not fitting LW and people will get confused. Well Anet, now you have no LW going on, so you might as well give us SAB so we have something to play.

What Anet did last night was pretty disrespecting.
- They put effort in 1 day basically.. adding sounds for airplane, music, etc etc … but they dont want to give us SAB.
- They put minis in blc and made it account bound so not all can have it.

I know $$$$$ is more important than anybodys fun! But c’mon, they’d earn so much more with SAB and minis being on gemstore.

Mesmerizing

Posted by: Unknown.2189

Unknown.2189

I love it how they said months ago that SAB is not fitting LW and people will get confused. Well Anet, now you have no LW going on, so you might as well give us SAB so we have something to play.

What Anet did last night was pretty disrespecting.
- They put effort in 1 day basically.. adding sounds for airplane, music, etc etc … but they dont want to give us SAB.
- They put minis in blc and made it account bound so not all can have it.

I know $$$$$ is more important than anybodys fun! But c’mon, they’d earn so much more with SAB and minis being on gemstore.

AGREED! They should have put the SAB minis in the gemstore, its just awful trying to get them in the BLC. I still can’t believe I spent 300 gold on keys to just end up not getting them. Too much of a gamble.

Link Triforce/Atticus Roach
-Warrior/Necromancer-

Posted by: Dezert Stormz.7248

Dezert Stormz.7248

We want SAB Please cruel overlord! Have mercy on our souls and give us SAB, only if its just world 1-2 D;

Posted by: Ylias.1957

Ylias.1957

I still have hope. I may be stupid.

Could any A-net staff please confirm whether it’s coming back or not?

Hodor.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

one of devs said no sab this april fools, it was ingame chat information in rata sum

pelle ossa.9705

one of devs said no sab this april fools, it was ingame chat information in rata sum

I don’t give a frack , we want SAB back since the last september and anet know it , so SAB back or Rata Sum will be destroyed