“The hype is real.”

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Ugh…one of the reasons I came back to play was to do SAB again. -.-

/sigh

Well, time for another year long break.

It is extremely unlikely that SAB will EVER return as a April Fools again. They have already done that, why would they do it again? SAB will return, but I find it very unlikely that it will be on April Fool’s.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Sug-SAb-awalys-up-Via-Token-system/first#post4941581

See this anet and make it happen at least we would be able to play

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Bunnikk.2146

Bunnikk.2146

Edit: It is April Fools and I am an idiot. Sorry

[RAWR] Monsters of Tyria
Monster of choice – Kitsune
Megaserver formerly known as Blackgate

(edited by Bunnikk.2146)

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

its 4/1 dude.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: JackSpacer.4320

JackSpacer.4320

Ugh…one of the reasons I came back to play was to do SAB again. -.-

/sigh

Well, time for another year long break.

It is extremely unlikely that SAB will EVER return as a April Fools again. They have already done that, why would they do it again? SAB will return, but I find it very unlikely that it will be on April Fool’s.

Last time I played there was only two worlds. I then stopped playing for a year. Come back last month and hear that SAB has been down since I left. The fact it’s been down for so long with absolutely no new content, especially since it’s using very few resources to create. It’s not graphics that will melt my computer here.

What actually bothers me is Anet thinks it’s okay to just take out big chunks of content for no reason what so ever. I mean the game isn’t exactly edge of your seat right now is it?

No, Anet thinks it’s good to continue with Silverwaste chest farming. That’s what we should be doing while we wait forever for the expansion. Zerg chest farming.

Yeah…Hot hype is starting to dwindle, because Anet can’t even do SAB. What makes me think they’ll do anything worth while in Hot? If it’s too fun, it’ll got locked away or blown up. That’s all I’ve gotten out of the game so far since I came back.

Ugh…just very disappointing.

“The hype is real.”

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

+1 on that. I would pay >1000 gems for a permanent token!

lordkrall.7241

^ What does that have to do with my post whatsoever?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

doombreaker.3710

While I would rather play SAB than play as Scruffy, We may have to wait another 6 months before we even have a shot at getting the Box open.

They won’t release SAB right after HoT. There would be the Halloween and Christmas break. So it’s either before HoT or after February 2016. Enjoy.

Posted by: Iaknihs.8536

Iaknihs.8536

Anet thinks it’s good to continue with Silverwaste chest farming.

GW2 should be about Swinging your Shovel. (Lord of the Silverwastes anyone?)

JackSpacer.4320

^ What does that have to do with my post whatsoever?

Regardless of your post, I’m still disappointed? Your comment was supposed to, what, calm me down or something? Reassure me? What was your point, first off, then we can argue semantics, Mr. Sunshine.

“The hype is real.”

Faux.1937

+1 on that. I would pay >1000 gems for a permanent token!

me too….. me too……

SAB or RIOT

JackSpacer.4320

Anet thinks it’s good to continue with Silverwaste chest farming.

GW2 should be about Swinging your Shovel. (Lord of the Silverwastes anyone?)

“The hype is real.”

doombreaker.3710

wow. Every thread related to SAB, even if it has new suggestions, will be merged to this one. Anet doesn’t want to see many SAB threads and wants to rather draw the attention to 500 april fool’s topics.

JackSpacer.4320

I just don’t get it. I still don’t understand why Anet feels the need to lock it away. The game barely has any content in it, but they feel the need to lock things away. Beyond annoying.

“The hype is real.”

Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

BRING BACK SAB 2015

#SABorRIOT

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

lordkrall.7241

Regardless of your post, I’m still disappointed? Your comment was supposed to, what, calm me down or something? Reassure me? What was your point, first off, then we can argue semantics, Mr. Sunshine.

My point was that it is pointless to take a year long break and come back hoping for SAB at April Fool’s seeing it is almost 100% certain that it will never be released on April Fool’s again.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: haventr.1630

haventr.1630

SAB or riot 3k16!!!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Seriously, how many more years do we have to wait until the old content of SAB is released?

What are we supposed to tell new players that ask us what it is? “Oh it was this amazing thing but Anet removed it because…”

Removing old content is beyond ridiculous when the game suffers from a lack of new content. Just bring it back.

Vissarion.6509

Seriously, how many more years do we have to wait until the old content of SAB is released?

What are we supposed to tell new players that ask us what it is? “Oh it was this amazing thing but Anet removed it because…”

Removing old content is beyond ridiculous when the game suffers from a lack of new content. Just bring it back.

oh i have so many new friends that bought the game last year, and i keep telling them about SAB and how that got me so into the game and stuff but i think maybe they wont play it ever cause arenanet will not releaseit.

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I seriously hope they aren’t locking SAB because the issue when W2 came out (Josh was blamed for not Q&A testing enough, sync problems, etc). I think we should add weight to our voices spreading the word farther than these forums. SAB is unique, and Josh is awesome for coming up with it, and should get a raise, or maybe find some place where his skills are valued. #mad

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Faux.1937

This was just posted on Reddit.

You can play SAB now!! post by Evangeder

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9831095/Guild%20Wars%202/SAB%20Unity%20Remake/Web.html

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Derez.6510

Derez.6510

This was just posted on Reddit.

You can play SAB now!! post by Evangeder

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9831095/Guild%20Wars%202/SAB%20Unity%20Remake/Web.html

First laugh of the day!

I’m at work now so can’t get on and check SAB but I usually get new content around 2or 3 pm ‘i can’t remember’ Hope it’s open when I get home.

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

As a new player I just googled what SAB is and now I`m pretty sad from looking at this thread that I`m probably never gonna get to play this content which looks beyond amazing. Bring it back, pretty please?

lordkrall.7241

As a new player I just googled what SAB is and now I`m pretty sad from looking at this thread that I`m probably never gonna get to play this content which looks beyond amazing. Bring it back, pretty please?

They are bringing it back. Which have been stated multiple times in this very thread.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: KuroRyuu.6804

KuroRyuu.6804

You’re definitely gonna play it someday, but probably not in the near future.
Maybe after HoT.

Posted by: Critical Lag.9075

Critical Lag.9075

Oh sorry, then i just have misunderstood it becouse of lots of posts about it not coming back on april fools. If you say it`s been mentioned to return, then i can`t wait to play it :P

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

They are bringing it back. Which have been stated multiple times in this very thread.

we just dont know when.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

If the SAB doesn’t open tomorrow, then I don’t understand ANet at all. Putting the minis in the BLCs was so obviously going to upset and anger some of their customers, and in particular draw attention to the Infinite Continue Coin for which they have unapologetically taken money and ran.

Providing a bad service is one thing. Providing no service when customers have paid is another. But this was just sticking a middle finger up to your customers after you’ve done it.

I mean, they do want us to keep buying their products and encouraging others to do the same, don’t they?

Vissarion.6509

Ok so lets say HoT will come arround summer, not good time for SAB before or after expansion’s launch cause people will want to focus on other things, after summer, halloween is close so we will have halloween, right after halloween we have wintersday and after that Lunar’s new year (chinese new year), so we look at 1 year (or more) from now to see SAB back.

PS: We may see it back at september (back to school) but i doubt it.

Posted by: Silvy.3816

Silvy.3816

I think the main issue of GW2 is fact, that ANet dont have community manager, who can answer community’s questions. ANet dont have such person → community make their own speculations → speculations never comes true → community full of disappointment.
Way it should be:
community: Would we have access to the SAB in the future?
CM: Sorry, guys, but it seems that we can give you SAB only after HOT release, coz we put all our resources into HoT development.
It is sad news, but it is not so disappointing.

The way ANet do it now is really idiotic.
Thay add untradable SAB staff into BLC, but dont add SAB and dont tell us anything about it.
Merged april fools topic have already had over 1.3k replies and still dont have ANet post like
“We are sorry about air crash and dont want any references to it”
“Sorry for missing “event OFF” button"
Its bad exaples ofc, coz it show my own opinion about 1.04 patch, but I still think that we need CM that would answer community questions or at least something like “Sorry dont have such information”.

CrashTestAuto.9108

I think the main issue of GW2 is fact, that ANet dont have community manager, who can answer community’s questions. ANet dont have such person -> community make their own speculations -> speculations never comes true -> community full of disappointment.
Way it should be:
community: Would we have access to the SAB in the future?
CM: Sorry, guys, but it seems that we can give you SAB only after HOT release, coz we put all our resources into HoT development.
It is sad news, but it is not so disappointing.

The way ANet do it now is really idiotic.
Thay add untradable SAB staff into BLC, but dont add SAB and dont tell us anything about it.
Merged april fools topic have already had over 1.3k replies and still dont have ANet post like
“We are sorry about air crash and dont want any references to it”
“Sorry for missing “event OFF” button"
Its bad exaples ofc, coz it show my own opinion about 1.04 patch, but I still think that we need CM that would answer community questions or at least something like “Sorry dont have such information”.

The thing is, the last SAB riots were over their lack of communication (and no SAB). The riots this time have been talked about for weeks, they weren’t unpredictable (and you’d need to be really, really deaf to your consumer base to not predict the reaction to the SAB minis). This is beyond “bad customer relations” and into “actively annoying customers”.

JackSpacer.4320

My point was that it is pointless to take a year long break and come back hoping for SAB at April Fool’s seeing it is almost 100% certain that it will never be released on April Fool’s again.

I wasn’t expecting April release, I was expecting it to just be open. It used to be content. So then I hear minis are coming back out, but still no SAB, that’s just disappointing. April release is irrelevant. The point is we’ll suffer Siege of Org type boredom here, but at least Wow had other things to do if you didn’t want to raid or farm crap, which isn’t the case here. I don’t care it won’t be released on an April, I do care that there is a complete lack of things to do right now. SAB would of been a fun distraction but Anet deems Silvereastes till Hot release is better.

Just lame.

“The hype is real.”

Posted by: Kurr.4179

Kurr.4179

I just want it to be opened, there doesn’t even need to be new content.

It’s been so long since we’ve had SAB (september 2013). It was disappointing april 2014 AND september 2014 when they didn’t release SAB again, and it is tenfold as disappointing this time around for multiple reasons.

1) They are fully aware of how much the community wants it back.
2) They added the minis on the gemstore, as some kind of sick joke
3) There has been a lot of downtime recently and there are still a few months at least until HoT comes out, so giving people to ability to play old SAB content would’ve been a great idea.

I don’t know, but honestly since 2013 I’ve been disappointed in a few things ArenaNET have NOT DONE. No new dungeon content, no november fractal update in 2014, no SAB in 1.5 years…

Don’t get me wrong they do a lot of things right, but they either need to step up or COMMUNICATE ADEQUATELY with us. Don’t just say “it’s not off the table”. Tell us : probably not getting SAB or content x in 2015 for example. Then the expectations are set and no one will rage.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB or Rata Sum will be destroyed at dawn

JackSpacer.4320

I agree. I’m just glad it’s f2p. I can come back when content actually releases and still not miss anything. ;O

“The hype is real.”

Xillllix.3485

First and foremost it’s the people that bought infinite continue coins that need to pressure Anet to re-release content related to what they paid for.

I don’t know if you guys all got refunds already, but there is certainly something sketchy about selling called “infinite continue coin” for something that was going to be removed for 2 years, without telling us in advance.

It may be that in the Gem store agreement we agreed that what we buy can cease to work and be temporary, but ethically speaking it is not a practice that should be encouraged.

Since I didn’t buy it I really cannot complain, I can only disagree. What boggles my mind is Anet developing such amazing content and then putting it in the trash for 2 years making sure nobody can enjoy it. It’s just a waste of potential.

It’s not like we are asking for anything new here, we just want the old content back.

Perhaps if we keep this thread on top of the front page for another month or two Anet will eventually re-release it.

(edited by Xillllix.3485)

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I don’t really understand the fuss about the infinite continue coin though…I got my Tribulation achievements from it, I got a lot of different storm wizard and king toad skins from it. As far as I am concerned, I got my gems worth out of it for the time I used it. Had I known it would be another 5 years (exaggeration….maybe…) before I would be able to use it again, I’m not going to lie, I would have bought it anyway regardless.

As far as I see it, the infinite coin was for those aiming to complete/farm Tribulation mode, and unless you didn’t get very far due to the difficulty, or just didn’t have time to farm the skins, which I’ll admit, I had a lot of free time back then, you really should have gotten your gems worth from it. But I guess that people have different standards of measuring value too….

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

They already call us “vocal minority” as oposed to “many players”, implying that only a few people really enjoyed it, most farmed it cause skins and profit.
I’m not sure if that is the case or not. apparently “W2 sucked” and has to be reworked (I dissagree heavilly on this argument), so ANET can’t just push a button and release it.

TBH, as much as I hate those arguments and dissagree with them, I excepted that people think that was, as much as we think it must have been reintroduced to the game already. BUT, all that was fine untill this April cam, SAB minies got introduced to BLC, indicating sth about SAB is going to happen, and we get screwed.

Again, I can forgive this to ANET, maybee they are just testing to see if we are indeed a vocal minority, or really a considerable bunch of players, but since we were kinda loud again, I do expect to see a SAB release THIS year after this teaser. This is otherwise just rubbing some salt on the open wound.

CrashTestAuto.9108

I don’t really understand the fuss about the infinite continue coin though…I got my Tribulation achievements from it, I got a lot of different storm wizard and king toad skins from it. As far as I am concerned, I got my gems worth out of it for the time I used it. Had I known it would be another 5 years (exaggeration….maybe…) before I would be able to use it again, I’m not going to lie, I would have bought it anyway regardless.

As far as I see it, the infinite coin was for those aiming to complete/farm Tribulation mode, and unless you didn’t get very far due to the difficulty, or just didn’t have time to farm the skins, which I’ll admit, I had a lot of free time back then, you really should have gotten your gems worth from it. But I guess that people have different standards of measuring value too….

I agree that you got value for it, but you are not the norm. You had a lot of free time, bought the coin specifically to farm, and actually farmed.

A lot of us didn’t have that much time, didn’t buy it just to farm, and didn’t farm. We bought it because we wanted to play SAB as much as we wanted when it was around, under the justified assumption that it would actually be around.

In short, I would not have bought the coin had I known that this was going to be the functionality it offered.

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

I enjoy SAB, but have not been clamoring for it’s return. I was willing to cut them a little slack. I was slightly annoyed, but no more than that. I am still willing to cut them a little slack, but after introducing the minis into the chest, I have to believe they intend to open it soon. I get that it’s not going to be an April 1 release again. I also realize they wouldn’t want to let SAB steal the thunder from their April 1 joke by being released on top of it. I am willing to see what comes in the next few weeks and if it’s still not opened, then it will actually make me angry.

I know Anet hasn’t exactly been forthcoming about their plans about the game, but I honestly don’t believe they are so tone-deaf as to tease with the minis and then not deliver. If they are, then between this and the traits, they’ve lost my good will and tolerance. I really love so many things about this game, but the disconnect would be so glaring it would be hard to just brush off.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

From the forums CoC:

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

And no, not even close to everyone loved SAB. Heck we had a rather large amount of posts that demanded the removal of this “silly, completely out of place thing”.

You can talk all you want about being happy with just W1 and W2. But if it actually happens and it is just W1 and W2 people will rage just as much, because there is no new stuff.

We KNOW SAB is coming back at some point. Spamming the forums about demanding it back won’t change anything.

How can you be sated with the knowledge that it will come back at some point? They could continue saying that for years and never have lied. 1 year in a games cycle is a REALLY long time to wait to be able to use something you spent real world money on.

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

SAAAAAAABBBBBBB!!!! gime gime gime!!!

if it now (the time between lw and addon) isnt coming back, it will never. now is the best and the only good time for it. after addon it will need month to get back on “normal”-patch programm

(edited by steffen.4317)

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I agree that you got value for it, but you are not the norm. You had a lot of free time, bought the coin specifically to farm, and actually farmed.

A lot of us didn’t have that much time, didn’t buy it just to farm, and didn’t farm. We bought it because we wanted to play SAB as much as we wanted when it was around, under the justified assumption that it would actually be around.

In short, I would not have bought the coin had I known that this was going to be the functionality it offered.

That’s really why I don’t see the argument for the infinite coin. It was not a necessity for those that just wanted to play it. You earned plenty of baubles to keep purchasing regular coins, that was hardly an inconvenience. For those that bought it because it negated having to buy coins all the time, I just thought, then it’s really on you for impulse buying something that cost, I don’t even remember, 600 or 800 gems, that you could use only a month at a time, and if you didn’t plan on playing that much anyway, why would you need it? I certainly in your case, would never have bothered in the first place.

I do see your point though and why people are upset, but still, it boils down to people spent gems so they didn’t have to go to Motto with excess Baubles once every so often, which in my mind, it would be my fault for impulse buying something I never really needed.
I just don’t see how people can justify a good reason for buying it if they weren’t going to use it to farm, or if say, I didn’t have a lot of time, regular continue coins would be plenty enough for me. But like I said, people measure value in different ways, what I see as a good deal, many others don’t, and vice versa.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

We don’t, “know,” that SAB will be back. What we knows is that claims have been made about a return, someday. Statements of what “will” happen are really statements of what might happen here.

CrashTestAuto.9108

That’s really why I don’t see the argument for the infinite coin. It was not a necessity for those that just wanted to play it. You earned plenty of baubles to keep purchasing regular coins, that was hardly an inconvenience. For those that bought it because it negated having to buy coins all the time, I just thought, then it’s really on you for impulse buying something that cost, I don’t even remember, 600 or 800 gems, that you could use only a month at a time, and if you didn’t plan on playing that much anyway, why would you need it? I certainly in your case, would never have bothered in the first place.

I do see your point though and why people are upset, but still, it boils down to people spent gems so they didn’t have to go to Motto with excess Baubles once every so often, which in my mind, it would be my fault for impulse buying something I never really needed.
I just don’t see how people can justify a good reason for buying it if they weren’t going to use it to farm, or if say, I didn’t have a lot of time, regular continue coins would be plenty enough for me. But like I said, people measure value in different ways, what I see as a good deal, many others don’t, and vice versa.

I bought it with the idea that in the long term (moderate play for a month, every six months or so) it would be worth it.

Yes, of course it wasn’t worth it for minimum play in the month of release, which is why people are unhappy.

I’m glad you got use out of it, and wish I’d farmed it as well (or just not bought the coin). But it wasn’t advertised as a short term farming tool.

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I bought it with the idea that in the long term (moderate play for a month, every six months or so) it would be worth it.

Yes, of course it wasn’t worth it for minimum play in the month of release, which is why people are unhappy.

I’m glad you got use out of it, and wish I’d farmed it as well (or just not bought the coin). But it wasn’t advertised as a short term farming tool.

But, it was never once said that the release would be a steady thing. It was a gamble to buy the coin knowing that is was a limited release and it was up in the air as to when you would get use out of it again, but you will eventually get use out of it again.

I do really see your point, that people got shafted because they took a bad gamble but I can also see where Anet isn’t really willing to just give out a refund to everyone, based on that.

CrashTestAuto.9108

But, it was never once said that the release would be a steady thing. It was a gamble to buy the coin knowing that is was a limited release and it was up in the air as to when you would get use out of it again, but you will eventually get use out of it again.

I do really see your point, that people got shafted because they took a bad gamble but I can also see where Anet isn’t really willing to just give out a refund to everyone, based on that.

I think that was reasonable-ish for about the first year.

A year and a half later, especially with basically no communication on why it isn’t back, doesn’t seem okay to me. Sure they didn’t say in writing “SAB will be back in six months”, but there was a reasonable expectation. Even if there wasn’t, would simply talking to their paying customers really be that much of an issue?

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

#OCCUPYSAB2015
#OCCUPYSAB2015
#OCCUPYSAB2015
#OCCUPYSAB2015

Attachments:

Xillllix.3485

Mostly everyone expected it to be released at the bare minimum once a year. Specially with all the fuss Anet made about the living story and regular updates every 2 weeks.

However the truth is they completely gave up on it after releasing the continue coin and didn’t tell us. Then over a year later, after everyone got mad at them because they said in an interview that they haven’t even started to work on new SAB content, they said it will be coming back in the future (carefully committing to use the words “near” before “future”)

They have to realize at some point the massive failure this is:
1: They underestimated user interest in their own content
2: Removed important content from their game, thus losing a great number of players
3: Spent a great deal of money and effort developing content that cannot even be played while everyone is bored because there is little to no endgame
4: Have sold a virtual item that cannot even be used since 2013

However their inability to understand what the users want extend far beyond SAB…