Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

But, it was never once said that the release would be a steady thing. It was a gamble to buy the coin knowing that is was a limited release and it was up in the air as to when you would get use out of it again, but you will eventually get use out of it again.

I do really see your point, that people got shafted because they took a bad gamble but I can also see where Anet isn’t really willing to just give out a refund to everyone, based on that.

I think that was reasonable-ish for about the first year.

A year and a half later, especially with basically no communication on why it isn’t back, doesn’t seem okay to me. Sure they didn’t say in writing “SAB will be back in six months”, but there was a reasonable expectation. Even if there wasn’t, would simply talking to their paying customers really be that much of an issue?

Yeah, that’s basically what it boils down to. I was going to make a correlation about it, but I decided against it because i was starting to write books in my posts :|

I think that’s the biggest issue, that you get information one month, but you won’t get anything else for months later, they say they will get back to you when they have something meaningful, but when you look at the forums and see only a handful of threads with dev responses in them, and they just say, oh hey yeah we read every thread, but we just don’t have “time” to respond to everything. I just think that’s a failure of a PR department. I bet someone in the department’s job description has been expanded to include closing every topic that goes against forum policies, but, I would say an astonishing 75% of closed threads wouldn’t have been made if they made update posts on topics more than once every half year.

But you know, I’ve always wondered how much the devs that read these threads sit there and go “Man these guys are funny, honestly expecting something….hey bossman! Maybe we should make a post stating this isn’t happening, because they really are getting their hopes up. Na, it’s been a long day, I need a good laugh…”

Bottom line: Even a post saying hey we’re here, is better than looking at forums and seeing a max of 5 threads every like 40 threads with dev responses, with 3 of the 5 threads at least a year old.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

Get over it and stop presuming you speak for everybody. Also realise that it may be “next day” where you are but it’s still April 1st for half of the world.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

Get over it and stop presuming you speak for everybody.

He never said he speaks for everybody. He did say a lot of people are bothered by this year’s April Fools, which is obviously true, considering the huge forum outcry. Or are you going to pretend the massive amount of posts complaining never happened?

Posted by: uknortherner.2670

uknortherner.2670

He never said he speaks for everybody. He did say a lot of people are bothered by this year’s April Fools, which is obviously true, considering the huge forum outcry. Or are you going to pretend the massive amount of posts complaining never happened?

A “huge” outcry by professional moaners and attention seekers who represent probably 1% of the total GW2 population? Sorry, but the forums are not representative of the community at large and I’ve seen no complaints in-game about this April Fools joke.

I stole a special snowflake’s future by exercising my democratic right to vote.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It’s always a little hard to tell. A small number of players making repeated posts, combined with people arguing with them, can look like a much bigger protest than it actually is.

Has anyone bothered to go through and tally unique usernames complaining and defending to see which side is actually larger?

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Stop living in the future!

Posted by: Test.8734

Test.8734

A “huge” outcry by professional moaners and attention seekers who represent probably 1% of the total GW2 population?

Do you have any evidence that only “1% of the total GW2 population” feels annoyed by this update?

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

A “huge” outcry by professional moaners and attention seekers who represent probably 1% of the total GW2 population?

Do you have any evidence that only “1% of the total GW2 population” feels annoyed by this update?

Do you have evidence that a huge majority of people are unhappy?

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

If there was no element of annoyance in April Fools day pranks they’d be called jokes not pranks. grin and bear it and be glad it’s only once a year. I thought it was a good one, funny and a little annoying… the definition of a prank.

Posted by: Grey Ce.9052

Grey Ce.9052

Posted by: SkylightMoon.1980

SkylightMoon.1980

Look, we all know its a really random, bizarre, kittenty april fools by Anet lol. White knighters know it as well.

It just makes you wonder what goes on in the convoluted mind of Anet employees who could easily toggle 1 option and make SAB available but instead put effort into something this stupid lol. Its so backwards.

Then again, maybe thats the point.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

stuffs

Read the Code of Conduct for the forums.

Most specifically this part:

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

(edited by lordkrall.7241)

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Do you have evidence that a huge majority of people are unhappy?

Who is making that claim?

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Do not post petitions, “I demand an answer” threads, conspiracy threads, or comments about circumventing the rules.

Nothing is wrong with an official petition, that is how you get things changed in government or at least a start to change.

Just post it on reddit and other website then post on forums/email to anet. Who cares if its against the rules, they must be told how many of us are unhappy.

This isnt some small thing that a few players are unhappy about, this is a huge problem that alot of players have nothing but LOVE for.

We arnt mad b.c its buggy or unfun… we are mad b.c its so much Fun and we have so much Love for it, we just want that back….

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Nothing is wrong with an official petition, that is how you get things changed in government or at least a start to change.

Just post it on reddit and other website then post on forums/email to anet. Who cares if its against the rules, they must be told how many of us are unhappy.

This isnt some small thing that a few players are unhappy about, this is a huge problem that alot of players have nothing but LOVE for.

We arnt mad b.c its buggy or unfun… we are mad b.c its so much Fun and we have so much Love for it, we just want that back….

Sorry, im with Krall(Something i seldom say). If its against the rules, dont bloody well do it. You do not need to break the forum rules to get your point across.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Arkinos.7245

Arkinos.7245

A “huge” outcry by professional moaners and attention seekers who represent probably 1% of the total GW2 population? Sorry, but the forums are not representative of the community at large and I’ve seen no complaints in-game about this April Fools joke.

Regardless of whether or not what op says is true, that is simply a k..o argument that could be used to shut down any sort of justified critique.

Now here’s the deal. I have actually seen people complaining ingame, they managed to tell me how to get rid of the hat as well (use a tonic/transformation)
Mind you that was right after it started last night. I sure as hell wont play while this kitten is forced onto everybody.

And nobody minds the joke itself, people just want to disable it because it gets old really fast.

I havent seen any other company come up with something as boring and as forced as well. Its really weird that Anet insults its customers like that.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

stuffs

screw code of conduct , they don’t add SAB even if they know we want SAB since 1,5 years ago and they don’t even have courage to come here and tell us they don’t release SAB now but later this year , swing the sword , when it’s ready and other crap …
they didn’t learn anything about what happened last semptember…
then why we have to respect this?
SAB or RIOT

lordkrall.7241

But it is against the rules. No matter how right or whatever anything thinks it is. Rules are rules. And they are made to be followed.

I am sure ArenaNet is fully aware that some people are unhappy about it considering it have been SPAMMED all over the forums for quite some time.

And yes, it is a small thing overall. And I think you overestimate the amount of people that feel the need to have SAB right now. Sure, many of us want it back. But we want it back when it is ready to be back, not when people rage loud enough for it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Dante.1763

screw code of conduct , they don’t add SAB even if they know we want SAB since 1,5 years ago and they don’t even have courage to come here and tell us they don’t release SAB now but later this year , swing the sword , when it’s ready and other crap …
SAB or RIOT

Because you signed their code of conduct when you agreed to play this game. That is why. You also make us look bad, “OH WE DIDNT GET SAB, SO I CAN BREAK THE RULES I SIGNED” yea, well done.

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Faux.1937

Sorry, im with Krall(Something i seldom say). If its against the rules, dont bloody well do it. You do not need to break the forum rules to get your point across.

And rules need to change, a petition is in no way hurting, offending anyone for hindering game development or resources of the Devs.

Sometimes we need to break rules and stand up for what we believe in.

Anet could handle it on there forums and keep it looking respectful, but running us off the official forums just makes us bite instead of bark. Let us be more freely open on the forums in a respectful manner will look much better overall for the game.

SAB or RIOT

lordkrall.7241

SAB or RIOT

Alright, but don’t go around complaining later if you get suspended from the forums.

And indeed, they know people want SAB back. So why do people feel the need to spam the forums about it? Do people really think that they will decide to release it right now, just because people rage about it?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

pelle ossa.9705

SAB or RIOT

Because you signed their code of conduct when you agreed to play this game. That is why. You also make us look bad, “OH WE DIDNT GET SAB, SO I CAN BREAK THE RULES I SIGNED” yea, well done.

YES

Alright, but don’t go around complaining later if you get suspended from the forums.

And indeed, they know people want SAB back. So why do people feel the need to spam the forums about it? Do people really think that they will decide to release it right now, just because people rage about it?

ok , so continue to do nothing and continue to receive nothing…

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I’m not encouraging rule breaking, but I can sympathise with it. ANet have ignored people who paid real money for a product for about a year now, and releasing the SAB minis yesterday was apparently a middle finger to paying customers… It’s a bad idea to break the rules, because ANet have all the power here, but I don’t think they really warrant “respect” for the rules here.

In the absolute best case scenario, SAB is being released tomorrow, and not releasing it was an April fools prank. In which case they weren’t giving us a middle finger, but they think that taking their customer’s money and running is something to joke about.

Dante.1763

I’m not encouraging rule breaking, but I can sympathise with it. ANet have ignored people who paid real money for a product for about a year now, and releasing the SAB minis yesterday was apparently a middle finger to paying customers… It’s a bad idea to break the rules, because ANet have all the power here, but I don’t think they really warrant “respect” for the rules here.

In the absolute best case scenario, SAB is being released tomorrow, and not releasing it was an April fools prank. In which case they weren’t giving us a middle finger, but they think that taking their customer’s money and running is something to joke about.

I Paid real money for the ICC. I do not agree that breaking the forum rules is the way to go about trying to get it back. And yes, the best case is that it gets released tomorrow, not likely but it would be the best case.

Posted by: Grey Ce.9052

Grey Ce.9052

pardon i didnt memorize the RULES!

and originally i got the link from the forum. where there were no complaints surrounding it being there.

now i know that rule.

next time i wont “post a petition”. ill just inform people that it exists.

btw, i keep reading how it might look like alot of people are upset, but in reality its not that many. how does one typically prove numbers? with a petition…sorry i thought it was a good idea.

sorrynotsorry

Faux.1937

SAB or RIOT

YES

This is true, but its also true if you treat your clients like crap over and over again your will lose all respect and burn bridges.

Its nothing long or hard to simply acknowledge the players and show some sympathy to us as human beings and not paycheck numbers.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Welp, maybe next year/decade/never >.>

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

(edited by GoldenTruth.2853)

pelle ossa.9705

imho the problem it’s not about money , it’s about they have to learn to respect more the community and talk better with they (us).

lordkrall.7241

pardon i didnt memorize the RULES!

and originally i got the link from the forum. where there were no complaints surrounding it being there.

now i know that rule.

next time i wont “post a petition”. ill just inform people that it exists.

btw, i keep reading how it might look like alot of people are upset, but in reality its not that many. how does one typically prove numbers? with a petition…sorry i thought it was a good idea.

sorrynotsorry

And yet you are required to know the rules. Just like how you are required to know the laws in the country/state you are currently in.

And no, informing people that it exists is basically the same as posting it, so that would most likely also be against the rules.

The thing is: In threads like these that are long and wild, it appears that there are loads of unhappy people. But in fact a large amount of the posts are from the SAME people. If we only counted every unique name once raging about it I can guarantee that it is not even 1% of the playerbase.

A petition doesn’t really prove anything. Especially not one on the internet, where people can easily sign multiple times.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

I Paid real money for the ICC. I do not agree that breaking the forum rules is the way to go about trying to get it back.

I’m not saying it is the best way. But after a year and a half of posting, and two in game riots… what is the best way?

As I said, I’m not encouraging rule breaking, but I can sympathise with people kittenort to it. My current best plan is “give up and don’t buy gems to support the game”, which probably won’t work either.

Posted by: Volcane Crucio.4723

Volcane Crucio.4723

I am sorry to bring this to you but you are in the minority here, then again you sure as hell are the vocal majority. Good lord. Shame you are not getting what you wanted so badly , I am feeling for you guys…..

Posted by: DragonflyDusk.6582

DragonflyDusk.6582

Stop living in the future!

Better than living in the past!

Attachments:

[ I survived the 2015 April Fools Forum Meltdown ]

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

You know, maybe they’ll release it after they patch out the April Fool’s joke? Maybe they just didn’t want the two to conflict and have airplanes ruin the immersion.

-nod nod-

Posted by: ImBareVeN.7034

ImBareVeN.7034

You know, maybe they’ll release it after they patch out the April Fool’s joke? Maybe they just didn’t want the two to conflict and have airplanes ruin the immersion.

-nod nod-

I hope… The April fools prank was funny but I really want to see SAB back again… We’ve been waiting too long.

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

-nod nod-

I hope… The April fools prank was funny but I really want to see SAB back again… We’ve been waiting too long.

I actually bought GW2 during the last sale hoping that the “retro dungeon thing” I saw was a permanent thing. I was really disappointed until my buddy said he watched an Angry Joe interview with anet where they claimed “Players won’t have to wait much longer(for the super adventure box)”. I figured I would bide my time until April Fools, but instead of SAB we got airplane mode that I couldn’t even turn off. I ended up playing for all of 5 minutes yesterday. It’s cute for a couple minutes but got old really fast.

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

-nod nod-

I actually bought GW2 during the last sale hoping that the “retro dungeon thing” I saw was a permanent thing. I was really disappointed until my buddy said he watched an Angry Joe interview with anet where they claimed “Players won’t have to wait much longer(for the super adventure box)”. I figured I would bide my time until April Fools, but instead of SAB we got airplane mode that I couldn’t even turn off. I ended up playing for all of 5 minutes yesterday. It’s cute for a couple minutes but got old really fast.

If your friend was referring to the Angry Joe interview from a month ago, not so. It was the basic answer that’s been said for half a year “We’ll release it when we feel it’s the right time”.

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

-nod nod-

If your friend was referring to the Angry Joe interview from a month ago, not so. It was the basic answer that’s been said for half a year “We’ll release it when we feel it’s the right time”.

Well I’ve been bamboozled.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I’m not saying it is the best way. But after a year and a half of posting, and two in game riots… what is the best way?

I’d also like to know the answer to this question.

Posted by: cleabh.5308

cleabh.5308

If they released it right after April Fool’s day, and the airplanes were just a meta-joke with the real April Fool’s being that SAB wouldn’t come back, I’d instantly forgive them.

Posted by: Pyr O Desolation.5017

Pyr O Desolation.5017

it wouldn’t be a huge shocker if SAB was a mini expansion you had to pay for like the Story of Master Togo in GW1. since gw2 has gone thru the false promises so far with free content, which i have yet to see every 2 weeks, i think ill not be bothered with any expansion buying what so ever until they get their customer’s interests in the game permanently, like other successful mmo’s.

It’s not always about winning, sometimes its about losing without feeling used.

Posted by: Librascythe.3152

Librascythe.3152

I miss the SAB never got a chance to get into the second part and look forward to playing it again, but I can wait for it to be the best they can get it. My only hope is that it becomes a permanent feature like it should have been.

To everyone wondering why it cannot just be released as it was, they have been added the third part to it, do you think that the first 2 will not be balanced or changed to meet that?

and Pyr, gw2 has stopped the updates every 2 weeks as many player wished for that, many felt that every 2 weeks of temporary content was to much and just became a grind forcing you to play it.

(edited by Librascythe.3152)

Posted by: Galowin.6089

Galowin.6089

it wouldn’t be a huge shocker if SAB was a mini expansion you had to pay for like the Story of Master Togo in GW1. since gw2 has gone thru the false promises so far with free content, which i have yet to see every 2 weeks, i think ill not be bothered with any expansion buying what so ever until they get their customer’s interests in the game permanently, like other successful mmo’s.

Well, since half of us here seems to have already payed anet for infinity use..

For Glade and Glory

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

I’d pay more money for SAB than for HoT… D@mn it ANet….

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Arikyali.5804

Arikyali.5804

Welp, April First is over ingame….and….no SAB

-sulks-

pelle ossa.9705

Welp, April First is over ingame….and….no SAB

-sulks-

this is very sad…. and yet no official comunication about SAB…..
RIOT

Posted by: KingT.1907

KingT.1907

ANet doesn´t care about the people who bought the infinity coin and wasted their money for something they weren´t able to use for the last 2 years.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

And yes, it is a small thing overall. And I think you overestimate the amount of people that feel the need to have SAB right now.

That’s hardly accurate.
Everyone I speak to complains that SAB has been gone this long, I only have a handful of friends out of my gaming groups that don’t really care, and mainly they just PVP and WVW whenever they log. Just post in map chat about SAB and you’ll start people off.

Not everyone who wants it back, are as “obsessed” as the gamers that keep tab on this forum thread, sure, but there are a lot of people that would play it every kitten day until HoT arrives, some people would re-install the second you announce it. Some people came back to game expecting it to give them some glimpse of hope in ANet.

As much as I agree about the rules, and although petitions don’t always get anywhere, sometimes they do, and it’s for those glimpses of hope, that are worth fighting for. SAB for some is the difference between bothering to wait it out for HoT, or to just give up, while waiting for content. I’m getting to the point where if HoT is due out this Summer, I won’t pay for it until SAB arrives.

Sure SAB isn’t meant to be something that over powers the entire game, neither is WvW or PvP, but some people obsess over those, and it keeps them playing.

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

(edited by ReV.6097)

Posted by: Sulfarius.1756

Sulfarius.1756

Isn’t SaB developed by some devs that made it when they had nothing else to do? I’m pretty sure that the SaB devs have been working on HoT stuff and probably haven’t had much time to create the new worlds for it. Dunno why people were expecting it this april if it didn’t come the previous one. People are just making themsevles angry tbh.

Posted by: Varrison.2871

Varrison.2871

Second patch, still disappointed

Attachments:

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

They wouldn’t even have to add a new world. Just turning it back on not only give SAB fans what they want but also give alot of players something new to do because its been gone since Sept 2013.

Anet, we really need something to do. Letting the game go stale for possibly 6 more months is not a good thing.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa