Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: chaosdurza.3291

chaosdurza.3291

Why do you care if it comes back? Do you lose something by it being in the game?

Because i didn’t enjoy it, didn’t fit in with the games theme at all AND it had limited time skins. I didn’t say it should never come back, i said it shouldn’t permanent. Which i then gave valid reasons that you probably didn’t read.

I’ve seen this guy posting on pretty much every single SAB thread on the front page. He’s just kitten because he probably couldn’t do well in SAB when it was still around. Breaking immersion and doesn’t fit with the living story? THERE IS NO LIVING STORY RIGHT NOW. And for fitting into the theme or immersion or what have you, yesterday everyone ran around with their arms out making airplane noises. Your argument is invalid.

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

I never liked the SAB, every time it rolled around i found it boring and just went about my business ignoring it. However why is it that everyone is so up in arms over this? i get that people want content because the game feels stagnant right now, but everyday a new SAB thread is starting and its flooding the forums to the point where its out of hand.

Anet said they will re-release it when they are ready to, but the threats and the protests wont make them change their mind any faster. The whining and the entitlement make the community look bad. i don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but honestly all this anger is getting old and out of control.

I’m all for having fun content in game, even if i don’t like it, but there’s no reason act like bratty children who don’t get their way.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

ANet claims SAB is not part of their schedule for upcoming content.
Adds “0” content (new or old) for weeks to come in the mean time.

ANet

Attachments:

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Would you pay extra money for an infinite version of something that you only planned on using once? Probably not, the fact that it is infinite and reuseable said that the content would be coming back again. They themselves set a 6-7 month period by releasing W2 6-7 months after the first one. What if you bought infinite harvesting tools today, used them all over tyria and then woke up tomorrow to find that they removed harvesting nodes from the world? They have not said they are not going to remove harvesting nodes from the world and then what if instead of a refund they just told you that when the time is right and it wouldn’t take away from the living story, they would reintroduce the harvesting nodes and you could use it again? do you think you would feel the same way?

You didn’t use it once tho did you? And even if you had for whatever reason used it only once, its not their fault, again, they never set a timetable for it to return, they did however say when they would be removing it, so you had more than enough time to think if you really wanted to buy it or not, all things considered.
The comparison is kinda ridiculous, they didn’t set a 6-7 month period, you set a 6-7 month period because you had expectations, nowhere did they ever said SAB was a permanent content or that you’d have the chance to play it every year.
Harvesting nodes on the other hand are part of the core world so if they were to remove it for whatever reason the situation would be completely different.

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

Ok i’m sorry i didn’t put Kappa at the end of that last line. As i have stated in here earlier and in other threads, i see it as a good event to bring back momentarily.
I do agree it has been a long time since it was released, but i already attained what i wanted from the event so it offers nothing for me unless revamped.

If permanent like nearly every 2nd post in this thread asks for, you all would be bored of it after the first month. It has minimal content that rewards the player based on difficultly which i think Anet need to implement into the game, just it is quite complicated being fashion wars 2.
People wont do something that requires using their brain if there is minimal rewards like the harder dungeons, which cannot be countered by the use of a gear treadmill.

chaosdurza.3291

Would you pay extra money for an infinite version of something that you only planned on using once? Probably not, the fact that it is infinite and reuseable said that the content would be coming back again. They themselves set a 6-7 month period by releasing W2 6-7 months after the first one. What if you bought infinite harvesting tools today, used them all over tyria and then woke up tomorrow to find that they removed harvesting nodes from the world? They have not said they are not going to remove harvesting nodes from the world and then what if instead of a refund they just told you that when the time is right and it wouldn’t take away from the living story, they would reintroduce the harvesting nodes and you could use it again? do you think you would feel the same way?

You didn’t use it once tho did you? And even if you had for whatever reason used it only once, its not their fault, again, they never set a timetable for it to return, they did however say when they would be removing it, so you had more than enough time to think if you really wanted to buy it or not, all things considered.
The comparison is kinda ridiculous, they didn’t set a 6-7 month period, you set a 6-7 month period because you had expectations, nowhere did they ever said SAB was a permanent content or that you’d have the chance to play it every year.
Harvesting nodes on the other hand are part of the core world so if they were to remove it for whatever reason the situation would be completely different.

Harvesting nodes are not part of the core world. Just because they’ve been here since release, and have always been available, does not make the part of the core world. They have no inclusion in the living story or ‘direction’ of the game. These are the reasons given why SAB isn’t available. Does the living story still make sense without harvesting nodes? Yup. Does immersion or thematic elements in the game still function without them? Sure does. Crafting would obviously become ludicrously expensive, but that’s all that would change.

chaosdurza.3291

I agree it should not be permanent. It loses its flair and uniqueness if it’s just always available. However, it really should be on a schedule. Every 6-7 months or once every year around April Fools or in August for the Back To School thing. That way, the people that have the coin don’t feel cheated and everyone can reliably assume they will get a chance at the event again.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I never liked the SAB, every time it rolled around i found it boring and just went about my business ignoring it. However why is it that everyone is so up in arms over this? i get that people want content because the game feels stagnant right now, but everyday a new SAB thread is starting and its flooding the forums to the point where its out of hand.

Anet said they will re-release it when they are ready to, but the threats and the protests wont make them change their mind any faster. The whining and the entitlement make the community look bad. i don’t mean to sound like a jerk, but honestly all this anger is getting old and out of control.

I’m all for having fun content in game, even if i don’t like it, but there’s no reason act like bratty children who don’t get their way.

Do you feel the people with the infinite continue coin should just accept they got tricked out of money? Or had you not thought about them specifically?

chaosdurza.3291

So how long should we have to wait before it becomes too long then? At what point do you suggest we draw the line? Sure it might come off as whining, and that is honestly what it is. We are complaining because we are unhappy. Should we just sit in silence and hope that Anet guesses we are angry?

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Any reasonable person agrees that once a year is enough, even if it’s repeated content. Skipping SAB last year was like skipping christmas, to me lol.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: Samhaim.8956

Samhaim.8956

Harvesting nodes are not part of the core world. Just because they’ve been here since release, and have always been available, does not make the part of the core world. They have no inclusion in the living story or ‘direction’ of the game. These are the reasons given why SAB isn’t available. Does the living story still make sense without harvesting nodes? Yup. Does immersion or thematic elements in the game still function without them? Sure does. Crafting would obviously become ludicrously expensive, but that’s all that would change.

Harvesting is a core feature, introduced to every lv10 or so new character. You have nodes as living story chapters rewards, they are tied to a lot more than what you seem to take into account.
SAB isn’t available because they probably haven’t had a team working on it in between living story releases and going from partially working on HoT to full on HoT, And if someone can’t accept the answer that they’ve already given us on the subject then that’s just too bad, i mean they don’t even give us a timetable for when the expansion will be live, why would they do that for SAB?

Samhaiim ~ Thief

Zxavier Augistine.7312

Do you feel the people with the infinite continue coin should just accept they got tricked out of money? Or had you not thought about them specifically?

i feel that the people who bought it knew what they were buying, buyers remorse is a thing. just because you hate the fact that you got something doesn’t mean you should blame the people who sold it. if you bought a shovel to dig up dirt to move it away, then realize you have no more use for it since the dirt is now gone, would you hate the person for not giving you more dirt? No, that would be silly. you bought it live with your choice.

Posted by: Panites.6798

Panites.6798

Sorry to all those I offended, all your self entitled posts got me a bit upset and had to retaliate. SAB will come back and this thread shows the great lengths people will go to to let Anet know they want it.

#Opinionsboys#HoTHype#kittenSAB#BringBackSAB#stopwhining#stopwhiningaboutwhiners#2015yearofgw2#kittenthesaladheads#ilovecaesersalad#iwishiwasanairplane

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

What’s important is that they do intend to bring it back in the future.

Yeah, and they also intend to give us more and better communication.

Let’s go check up on the traits thread to see how that’s working out.

Please. Please just stop parroting their bullkitten. “In the future” was old and tired a year ago.

And they do give us better communication than they had in the past. They’re not going to respond as frequently as you’d like as they have jobs and then personal lives afterwards. We did get great communication in the traits thread that they’re working on re-doing it and we’ll see it with the expansion or near then. I’d have to look at their actual post to remember exactly what they said.

You may want to parrot that Anet “makes meaningless statements”, “doesn’t respect the customers”, and so on. They’re providing details based on the guidelines set by upper management. You may not agree with it, and want a concrete date, but they are not required to do so nor expected to.

I understand that you’re disappointed that they’re not releasing SAB like you’d want them to but this is no reason to make baseless attacks on them accusing them of not respecting the customers, just making a cash grab on players, and whatever else.

They have certain people that have worked on SAB. If those people have been busy on other projects, then they obviously are unable to work on SAB. There may be instances that seem perfect to release content such as SAB but if it hasn’t been developed, obviously it won’t be released. They’re likely all busy finalizing the expansion and getting it ready for release. Once that’s done, and they can free up people, we’d likely see SAB again.

They will also not release timelines for reasons that they have already stated.

And their reasons are kitten.

Just because you don’t agree with them does not mean that they are. The designation of whether something is “kitten” doesn’t rest on whether you believe it to be or not.

Zxavier Augistine.7312

So how long should we have to wait before it becomes too long then? At what point do you suggest we draw the line? Sure it might come off as whining, and that is honestly what it is. We are complaining because we are unhappy. Should we just sit in silence and hope that Anet guesses we are angry?

I’m just as mad and bored that there is nothing to do, but they are still working on an expansion that im sure will have bugs and issues. im dying for something else to do. However i don’t flood the forums every day with the same topic only worded differently.

i’m unhappy, you’re unhappy, everyone is unhappy. We all have to deal with it, but instead of harassing people who are trying to complete an aspect of their job to get us bulk content, do you really think they have time to just throw out the SAB again, have it littered with bugs and then have to drop more time from the expansion to fix it thereby delaying the time it takes to finish their product?

It’s not fair to the people who are ready for HoT, and it’s not good from a business perspective. I want content, SW is boring as hell i don’t want to craft and, waste hours upon hours killing time. id love an event or two, but Anet is a company that has to meet a deadline, they have to have this done. Working for a company means you need to do what your bosses tell you, and right now i think their bosses are saying “expansion now! we need money! work slaves!”

people need to look at things from both ends, and im probably wrong about Anets bosses who knows. /shrug

Posted by: Toxie Moron.4021

Toxie Moron.4021

If permanent like nearly every 2nd post in this thread asks for, you all would be bored of it after the first month.

It would be nice to have on rotation in the Lion’s Arch games.

Posted by: Toxie Moron.4021

Toxie Moron.4021

Dear SAB,
I remember all the good times we had together. Please come back. I miss you terribly.

Attachments:

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Merge time please

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

The skin prices were never MEANT to be what they are now. They sold for a couple of gold each during both the events, because anyone could go and unlock their own anytime they wanted, in an hour or two.

The reward system was one of the best things about SAB, they can’t go kittening that up when they bring it back. The blue skins are supposed to be cheap and easy to acquire, it’s only the green, yellow, red and purple skins that are supposed to be prestige weapons.

It’s kinda silly that my characters are running around with the complete blue set at a higher value than a legendary right now. Even having them all myself, I am completely opposed to them staying at such an insane value. They should be just as easy to get as before.

That’s like saying any of the event or BL chest skins were never meant to go up in value. If it can’t be obtained it WILL go up in value: Low/no supply due to time limited = higher value due to demand. Do you think the ghastly shield/scythe staff skin were suppose to be in the 2-3k range or was that also “never MEANT” to happen?

If the reason people want the SAB back is because they enjoy playing in it that’s one thing but, I don’t think rewards should be the main reason… Yes it would be nice to get the skins without having to buy them; However, if that is the main reason for wanting the SAB back, that’s a little more financialy motivated then saying “I just like playing in it”

Like I said befor I’m 100% in support of bringing the SAB back, it really hurts no one. Those who don’t like it, don’t play it. The only concern I would have is the impact on the economy/bltp, as well as other things like obbies etc… (actually obbies would be nice).

Posted by: AFadingDream.7861

AFadingDream.7861

The main thing I miss about SAB is playing it with friends. Playing SAB with friends while on skype (especially during tribulation mode) was easily the most entertaining thing I’ve ever done in any online game. When you hear your friends scream as they get killed by a trap or fall while attempting a crazy jump, it’s the best.

If/when it comes back, I highly suggest everyone who thought SAB was “meh” to give it a try in that fashion. You won’t be able to stop laughing.

The conversations usually go something like this:

“Hey look, there’s the checkpoin……… EeeEeeEeeEeeEeeEeee.”

“kitten. I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THAT WAS THERE.”

Therodin.2970

What’s important is that they do intend to bring it back in the future.

Yeah, and they also intend to give us more and better communication.

Let’s go check up on the traits thread to see how that’s working out.

Please. Please just stop parroting their bullkitten. “In the future” was old and tired a year ago.

And they do give us better communication than they had in the past. They’re not going to respond as frequently as you’d like as they have jobs and then personal lives afterwards. We did get great communication in the traits thread that they’re working on re-doing it and we’ll see it with the expansion or near then. I’d have to look at their actual post to remember exactly what they said.

You may want to parrot that Anet “makes meaningless statements”, “doesn’t respect the customers”, and so on. They’re providing details based on the guidelines set by upper management. You may not agree with it, and want a concrete date, but they are not required to do so nor expected to.

I understand that you’re disappointed that they’re not releasing SAB like you’d want them to but this is no reason to make baseless attacks on them accusing them of not respecting the customers, just making a cash grab on players, and whatever else.

They have certain people that have worked on SAB. If those people have been busy on other projects, then they obviously are unable to work on SAB. There may be instances that seem perfect to release content such as SAB but if it hasn’t been developed, obviously it won’t be released. They’re likely all busy finalizing the expansion and getting it ready for release. Once that’s done, and they can free up people, we’d likely see SAB again.

They will also not release timelines for reasons that they have already stated.

And their reasons are kitten.

Just because you don’t agree with them does not mean that they are. The designation of whether something is “kitten” doesn’t rest on whether you believe it to be or not.

Those are all great reasons why we can’t have a W3, but do you have any as to why they shouldn’t release the already finished W1 and W2 once a year or so?

Therodin.2970

“God kitten it i thought i was done getting killed by that grass! But nope here i go again on the dead grass train”

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

And they do give us better communication than they had in the past.

Step into the traits thread and tell everyone that. Tell me how that goes for you.

They’re not going to respond as frequently as you’d like as they have jobs and then personal lives afterwards.

They haven’t responded for literal months.

We did get great communication in the traits thread

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re hilarious.

I’d have to look at their actual post to remember exactly what they said.

They didn’t say much at all. You’d know that if you ever actually stepped foot into the traits thread.

They’re providing details based on the guidelines set by upper management.

Guidelines that don’t actually allow them to give meaningful details.

You may not agree with it, and want a concrete date, but they are not required to do so nor expected to.

A concrete date? They don’t even have a YEAR planned for SAB. They don’t even have a general timeline as to what YEAR they’d like to release it. That’s the entire problem. That they clearly have no actual intention of ever releasing it, again, despite what they claim.

I understand

You don’t understand crap. And I’m getting really tired of you pretending that you do understand anything at all about what’s going on.

but this is no reason to make baseless attacks on them accusing them of not respecting the customers, just making a cash grab on players, and whatever else.

I’m sorry, baseless?

They refuse to work on SAB
They refuse to release content in SAB that is already made
They refuse to give a refund on the currently worthless and useless infinite continue coin
They refuse to talk about any of it with their playerbase/customers
And to top it all off, they shove the SAB minis into the Black Lion chests, which are an RNG gamble, knowing full well how much people have been pining for SAB related stuff

Oh, but they totally respect us. Yeah. Totally. /sarcasm

If that’s not enough, then by all means, please tell me. Where is the line? When can the line be drawn?

Or should we all just shutup and live in your fairy tale land where ANet is the best company ever that can do no wrong?

They have certain people that have worked on SAB. If those people have been busy on other projects, then they obviously are unable to work on SAB.

SO RELEASE WHAT ALREADY EXISTS

You keep acting like people are demanding new worlds when everyone keeps saying it’s okay that there aren’t new worlds as long as they can play what already exists.

There may be instances that seem perfect to release content such as SAB but if it hasn’t been developed, obviously it won’t be released. They’re likely all busy finalizing the expansion and getting it ready for release.

And then they’ll be too busy because Halloween
And then they’ll be too busy because Christmas
And then they’ll be too busy because…

But you know what’s cool? There is SAB content that ALREADY EXISTS, that they can put back in the game. The works already done unless they were absolute idiots and deleted every shred of it.

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

It’s been more than a year without the SAB, and people who bought infinite token with real money must think (rightfully) that it’s look like a fraud or scam, from what we know Anet told us for a year that the SAB will return and it does’nt, it’s just another lie.

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

Do you guys always have trolls as pathetic as this guy?

Anyway, do you guys think there is a valid reason they won’t bring it back? It wouldn’t have hurt anyone to have it available this April Fools.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB is love , SAB is life

Posted by: bahanwoodcarver.6071

bahanwoodcarver.6071

Hello !

I understand your feeling about the return of SAB. I’m pretty sure it will come back somewhen in the future and, at this time, our infinite continue coin will be interesting again :-).

Best regards.

Bahan

Posted by: AtlasSi.9130

AtlasSi.9130

Do you guys always have trolls as pathetic as this guy?

Anyway, do you guys think there is a valid reason they won’t bring it back? It wouldn’t have hurt anyone to have it available this April Fools.

Cuz they can’t figure out a way to make money off it yet.

18 80s | 12 100% | r177 | wvw r970 | 9,000+ hours
BP → DR → FA → Mag → BP → FA

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

Since this thread contains quite some ranting by now, I thought I’d just give feedback/my opinion on SAB in general and reasons why I think it should come back.

• In my opinion it was one of the most interesting instances with the best reward model in the game (lucky drops + token system + special skins for challenging content)
  • The fact you could choose between 3 difficulty modes was a nice addition to make it accessible for everyone while also providing a challenge for those who seek it
  • The scaling of the instance depending on number of players enables people to either play through it solo or with friends (even more fun if you have voice chat on and struggle through Tribulation Mode)
  • There were checkpoints spread throughout the levels, especially before challenging passages – again making the instance accessible to different types of players
  • The level and enemy design was superb, hinting to “classic” games many of us know from our childhood (given you were already around in that “classic era”)
  • It teaches jumping skills (and dodging) which can be very helpful outside the SAB in different game modes – without the player even noticing that he/she is being taught. I can only speak for myself but I sucked at JPs before SAB and now am very good at it – also, when I see a place that looks like it could possibily be climbed I can’t resist
  • It contains some interesting puzzles and hidden rooms for those who like exploring
  • The “chiptunes” (World 1 and World 2)
  • The progression regarding weapons and tools keeps the levels interesting even after the first play-through and encourages exploration (see above – hidden rooms)
  • High replay value due to: fun, achievements, tribulation mode, experimenting with skills, finding shortcuts, the many skins you can unlock + probably other rewards you can get through baubles…

I’m sure I forgot some points up there (feel free to make additions), but it should be clear by now that for me and many others the SAB was a very positive and interesting experience. I think that the positive points overshine the few negative ones (like some bugs and limitations by the engine).

Also regarding “permanent addition” of the box and people “soon losing interest” or “not all players like the SAB”… Well, this could be said about every single game mode and content in the game.

Not everyone likes WvW like I do, yet it’s in the game. Not everyone likes PvP, yet it’s there…

Also, noone’s doing the same thing all over again while still enjoying it or being overly excited about the content he/she is grinding. Be it running the same dungeon all over again or doing the same JP all over again – it will get “old” sooner or later. I’m sure most of us do different things every now and then to keep things interesting…

The SAB being available permanently would add one more “thing you could do while being online” for those who enjoy it, which wouldn’t affect those who don’t in any way. And this is a good thing considering we are currently waiting for an expansion…

So please ANet, in case any of you reads this, just reenable the SAB (with or without a new world being added doesn’t matter). I don’t want a refund for my ICC, I just want to use it and enjoy this instance you created in many hours of work…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I don’t think they need reasons, they seem to be in tunnel vision mode since the release of this game. GvG CDI? New dungeons? New player’s experience? Trait system?

It’s unbelievable that a Guild Wars game still doesn’t have GvG, and the stuff they made instead, like SAB, was removed!

Dibbin.9620

I don’t think they need reasons, they seem to be in tunnel vision mode since the release of this game. GvG CDI? New dungeons? New player’s experience? Trait system?

It’s unbelievable that a Guild Wars game still doesn’t have GvG, and the stuff they made instead, like SAB, was removed!

I noticed the lack of GvG. If I didn’t know any better I never would have guessed the game has been out as long as it has. I definitely got my 15 dollars out of it, but man I’d be upset if I got the game at launch. But I’m getting off topic.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

SAB was terrible. I hate it and so does a lot of the community. Just we don’t whine on the forums like a spoiled child when we don’t get something.

Is this “spoiled child” accusation thing really necessary, on every thread?

We all like different things and have a perfect right to say what we do, or don’t like, on here.

So, it’s not spoiled to ask for something you enjoyed to come back (especially if it would be purely optional).

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

I noticed the lack of GvG. If I didn’t know any better I never would have guessed the game has been out as long as it has. I definitely got my 15 dollars out of it, but man I’d be upset if I got the game at launch. But I’m getting off topic.

Guild wars has nothing to do with GVG stop thinking that. “Guild Wars” the name of the game is based off a war between the various guilds at the time in Tyria. Orr, Kryta, Ascalon being those. Not GVG the PVP mode.(Still on the side of wanting it back, but neither of these posts are useful, and for that matter neither is this one)

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: Reinate.7594

Reinate.7594

There are things in this game that saddens me that didnt carry across from GW1.
Getting elite skills from bosses for example.

I love GW2 mind you and got more then my moneys worth from this game.
Am i saddened about the lack of S.A.B?
Sure, i only got to play the original release so i have never seen World 2.
i would love to have it back as a swap around full time activity but the angry joe interview pretty much left me with the thought that it would not appear any time soon.
When i saw the pets listed in the Black lion chests my hopes got up.
But it was just an Arenanet Troll.

BAD BAD ARENANET
Go sit in the corner and think about what you have done!

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

The thing is, they could turn world 1 and 2 of SAB on, and let us make use of the infinite coin.

but they don’t.

They could bring back the two previous worlds just for a month, and people would be happy. Let us farm some weapon skins that some people didn’t get to.

Luckily for Anet, they deleted the archived forums for the 2nd SAB release, which contained a forum that confirmed the continue coin would be usable in World 3 and 4. I specifically remember this forum, because I’m the one who asked it because I wasn’t about to buy a coin that was only usable for worlds 1 and 2, and then they release ANOTHER coin for worlds 3 and 4. Once, they confirmed that it would work in worlds 3 and 4, I bought it.

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

Guild wars has nothing to do with GVG stop thinking that. “Guild Wars” the name of the game is based off a war between the various guilds at the time in Tyria. Orr, Kryta, Ascalon being those. Not GVG the PVP mode.(Still on the side of wanting it back, but neither of these posts are useful, and for that matter neither is this one)

Yes, but no one else calls his game Dragon Slayer 3 with no dragons in it. It’s unique to GW2. I feel special.

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Remember, people ripped into the work done for the last release to the point where the dev that designed said he’d learned his lesson in regards to pouring so much effort into it. He was really hurt by what people spit out as “feedback” for his effort, so I really wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t want to do anything with it for a while.

I think, if you are someone who makes public entertainment, you just have to be really determined to not take anything to heart.

Honest negative feedback is the best feedback, as it should help you pinpoint any issues.

People just going “Oh yeah, it’s really great, thank you ANet!” about everything is not going to get you anywhere fast.

Most people don’t mean any harm to the devs involved when they criticise a game (most probably don’t even know, or particularly care, who did what), so there is no point in taking it personally.

Obviously, any insulting personal remarks, aimed at specific devs, are not acceptable, though.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

Well at this point I think we all got it that SAB is not coming back any time soon and ANet is not interested in bringing that content back (they might have pretty valid reasons, who knows).

But why, WHY the hell did they bring SAB minis into gem store? They did not even just add them to the store – but instead made it a part of BLC gamble. If that was meant as an April fools tease or joke – it was very cruel to say the least.

And I’m not surprised community considers this a blatant money grab and a slap in the face.

I mean really? Don’t you have another old minis to re-add to gem store? You have pink quaggan pirates etc – they would suit April fools theme just right. Why would you tease us with SAB minis? Its beyond me

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I know why SAB is not released. What I can’t understand is why noone from arena net is able to come here and tell us. This honest information would be much better than hiding behind “when it’s time” excuse. There is nothing wrong in making mistakes.

Posted by: Styxx.1564

Styxx.1564

Because it’s their game and they decide what to do with it.

And if you’re an unhappy customer, you move on to something else… unless you are a masochist, then carry on!

Posted by: VergilDeZaniah.3295

VergilDeZaniah.3295

But I don’t get why they don’t simply copy/paste what we already had.

Not that I play SAB, but I respect people who really like it. Also, it would allow us to spend some time waiting for the expansion since we won’t be able to do anything else between now and the release date.

And don’t serve me the “it breaks immersion” excuse: Halloween, Wintersday, April’s Fool, and the months between the end of LS2 and HoT (which is, cannonically 10 minutes) are the worst immersion breakers, so I assume SAB won’t change anything, except help people not being bored/disgusted by the wait (and the bugs) before HoT.

SAB has no reason not to come back before the xpac. Doing otherwise would prove bad marketing decisions, because so far, the hype for the xpac is deflating like a soufflé.

Guild leader of The Nephilim of Elysium.

Son of Elonia.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

Its possible to be unhappy with some things, and happy with others. One complaint doesn’t mean someone should just leave the game for new pastures. Likewise, those who complain the hardest can also be some of the biggest fans of the game, they complain because they feel the game they love could be better.

In this case, I do feel for those who bought the Infinite Continue Coin. They bought an item, knowing the place it is used is temporary, albeit recurring, and there would be chance to use it again.

But so long since the last SAB period, you can’t help but wonder if it will ever make a return. The reasoning that it doesn’t fit in with Living Story I found a little half-hearted. It doesn’t need to be part of LS to be put in game for a bit, and there have been plenty of opportunities during all the LS breaks to put it in for a bit, as is.

For most, its just a minor annoyance that certain content they really liked is not available to them for an extended period. Usually it can be taken by other things, and in this case I think having it unlocked as a pre-expansion filler wouldn’t be a bad idea, but regardless of that view, they could wan it in the future again but be happy to do other things.

Those who have bought the Continue Coin, have essentially bought an item with all the functionality of a junk item without SAB. Sure, they signed up to it, but they did so on the belief (prompted by ANet), that SAB would be back at some point. As the months go on, it feels less and less likely and those who bought it feel understandably (albeit perhaps incorrectly), that they’ve been ripped off. As for Anet assurances it will be back eventually, there is a section of the playerbase that have taken to not believing a word Anet says on things. Given such a long time since the last SAB, its hard to blame them for that.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Daltemir.1072

Daltemir.1072

#RIP THE DREAM!

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

“There is no logical reason” <— problem is, there is.

You may not think it matters, but “too much content” is very much a problem in a multiplayer game from a design perspective. You do not want to spread your audience thin beyond a certain point. You want the active areas to be crowded so people can trivially interact. You want queues to be filled in shooters. Etc.

Part of this is deciding whether some content should be in the game permanently or temporarily.

Now, in the past most games opted for a sort-of-temporary approach. An expansion would bring new dungeons and zones, but the following expansions or patches would effectively remove the content as the characters move past the point where the content was sensible for them. Sometimes, this was done via level. In most MMORPGs, a lvl30 zone isn’t real content for a lvl50 character.

GW2 automatically downlevels characters. In that sense, no content is truly “below me”. This opens up a gargantuan world compared to the handful of “current” zones other MMOs have.
But, to counteract that, plenty content is made temporary. This is quite likely a very conscious design decisions to not make the world too large.

Now, ofc personal opinion will differ greatly on this. Personally I think if I had SAB permanently I’d play it religiously for 1-2 months and then never ever want to see it again in my life because I’ve seen too much of it. But I’d enjoy it, anyhow.

On the other hand, I can very much understand the reasoning for temporary content. Plus, it helps to keep people hyped. If SAB was permanent, there wouldn’t be nearly as much hype when it actually returns, and players wouldn’t use it as such a centralized meet-up point.
Now that isn’t to say that I wouldn’t like SAB to be permanent (personally), but it’s entirely wrong to say that there is no reason to keep it temporary.

But so long since the last SAB period, you can’t help but wonder if it will ever make a return.

It’s only 1,5 years so far. I mean what I mind more is that they don’t use it as a reliable, annual, april’s fools joke. Every april for 4 weeks a new world of SAB, that’d be a very dependable event.

That’s the part I dislike. We’d have the same total time so far (3x 1 month instead of 1x 1 + 1x 2), but it’d be spread out evenly.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

(edited by Carighan.6758)

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

Hello!

I usually start my posts by saying I am probably a white knight or fanboi to GW2, so here it is again. Well I may be or I may not be, but all I do is that I try to be realistic or what do you call it? Open minded? Owell…

I also bought a Infinite continue Coin and I am a SAB fan and it is a realy shame that they have put SAB on ice. When I bought the Infinite continue coin I was expecting SAB to return each 6 months or even after a year but I never expected it to be put on Ice. Sure I have used my Infinite continue coin and I am glad I bought it since it helped me alot allready so I am not gonna whine about it and as for a refund. Still it is hard to say that I do not feel betrayed, everytime I open my storage and see my SAB stuff I am thinking about throwing it away… Will it ever come back? As a few have said here allready, even if the Devs says it is coming back in the future I still can’t say I trust that for what I have realized in the MMO business is that nothing becomes what you have expected.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

so, ArenaNet, no bullkitten no ring-a-round answers. are you going to open the Super Adventure Box again, or should i be demanding a refund for this 600 gem paper weight?

What? You didn’t use it yet? Why would you buy the coin right as the box disappears?

Everyone I know got plenty use out of their coin.

And honestly, I hope that if SAB ever returns they’ll just remove the infinite coins and give 600 gems out for them. The bloody coins ruined the whole point of the higher difficulty.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

Guys, maybe I am pointing out the obvious here. SAB comes around in April usually and right before they bring it out they release minis and small hints. You guys should go to the page that introduces the flying quaggan mail service and scroll all the way down and read. That is all.

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Posted by: Avalon.4809

Avalon.4809

RIP Super Adventure Box…

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

They’ve said that they will when the time is right.

Which is a wholly meaningless and worthless statement.

I broke the +1 button on your statement.

Dibbin.9620

Guys, maybe I am pointing out the obvious here. SAB comes around in April usually and right before they bring it out they release minis and small hints. You guys should go to the page that introduces the flying quaggan mail service and scroll all the way down and read. That is all.

I don’t get it.

Attachments: