Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: MHCerberus.1385

MHCerberus.1385

I am, just like you, making a decision to spend time here posting. How you spend that time is all up to you. I am not mad at you or anyone for pulling my attention here or “wasting” my time because I already chose to do so.

Death Express in game
Beta, remembering the good ol’ days

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

Are you sure a happy customer spends more money then customers who enjoy/think somethings cool, and buy it because it’s listed as “limited time”?

Do you have any proof that permanent = more income? Many minitures are not permanent additions to the gem store, many items are also not permanent… I have a feeling there is financial reason backing this decision. Which leads one to believe, impulse/I don’t want to miss it buys sell very very well.

mtpelion I agree completely, knowing if/when it would be back would be awesome. At least it has a chance to come back, unlike some of the other mentioned content. All we can do is wait and hope for a return.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

Are you sure a happy customer spends more money then customers who enjoy/think somethings cool, and buy it because it’s listed as “limited time”?

Do you have any proof that permanent = more income? Many minitures are not permanent additions to the gem store, many items are also not permanent… I have a feeling there is financial reason backing this decision. Which leads one to believe, impulse/I don’t want to miss it buys sell very very well.

Are you serious?

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Miku.6297

Are you serious?

I am 100% serious in asking the question.

I’m sure A-net/NC-soft has people that look at potential profit margin; gain and loss. To help make decisions on what is permanent and what is not. As well as others that look at overall game health; player spread/division between content etc.

Do you honestly think people don’t buy more/faster if they are told, buy it now befor it’s gone.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Gene… wow. Please take a step back from the forums for just a sec and take a deep breath. Your posts have started to become a borderline rant and you’ve even resorted to personal attacks on players that you disagree with as evident by an above post.

Anyway…

And they do give us better communication than they had in the past.

Step into the traits thread and tell everyone that. Tell me how that goes for you.

There are many people that want constant communication which will not happen. It’s also not required of them I don’t think it’s something that’s commonly done in the industry except for maybe a handful of games. I certainly have not read about any large game developers that give you a complete rundown on exactly what they’re working on and then provide constant updates.

They’re not going to respond as frequently as you’d like as they have jobs and then personal lives afterwards.

They haven’t responded for literal months.

I believe that their last most was at the end of January. This is assuming you were still referring to the traits thread. Irregardless to which thread you were referring to though, they’ve stated their position and there’s no need for them to simply repeat the same post at various intervals. They’re working on redoing traits for or near the expansion. They plan to release SAB again and I gave reason why they’ve likely haven’t done so as of yet.

We did get great communication in the traits thread

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You’re hilarious.

I can be at times. However, I was being serious. They addressed players concerned and announced that they are working on making obtaining traits less cumbersome. I may be wrong, as I can barely remember the post from a couple months back, but I think they said that the traits will soon resemble something like the mastery system. Again, don’t quote me on that. I could look but I’m a bit rushed this morning.

I’d have to look at their actual post to remember exactly what they said.

They didn’t say much at all. You’d know that if you ever actually stepped foot into the traits thread.

I have and I was there when they posted. They do understand the frustrations that players have and Gaile’s involvement, including Colin (I think it was him) who posted about what they were working on, show that. They simply stated that they were working on a new system. They do not have to give you the complete details. Many people were excited by that post.

They’re providing details based on the guidelines set by upper management.

Guidelines that don’t actually allow them to give meaningful details.

Meaningful is debatable. You seem to want very detailed posts laying out exactly what they are doing with frequent updates. This won’t happen. Sorry.

You may not agree with it, and want a concrete date, but they are not required to do so nor expected to.

A concrete date? They don’t even have a YEAR planned for SAB. They don’t even have a general timeline as to what YEAR they’d like to release it. That’s the entire problem. That they clearly have no actual intention of ever releasing it, again, despite what they claim.

How do you know that they do not have a date planned or a year? They’ve stated that they have the entire story for the game mapped out for years to come. I’m pretty sure they have a general idea on when staff would be free to resume working on SAB. You’re making an assumption as you’ve become very emotionally invested into SAB that it’s started to affect your reasoning.

I understand

You don’t understand crap. And I’m getting really tired of you pretending that you do understand anything at all about what’s going on.

I do understand. I loved SAB both times that it has been released. However, I am able tostep back and I understand why they likely have not been able to release it again as of yet. I also understand why they will not be 100% transparent as many people desire. I suggest everyone to take a step back and a deep breath.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

but this is no reason to make baseless attacks on them accusing them of not respecting the customers, just making a cash grab on players, and whatever else.

I’m sorry, baseless?

They refuse to work on SAB
They refuse to release content in SAB that is already made
They refuse to give a refund on the currently worthless and useless infinite continue coin
They refuse to talk about any of it with their playerbase/customers
And to top it all off, they shove the SAB minis into the Black Lion chests, which are an RNG gamble, knowing full well how much people have been pining for SAB related stuff

Oh, but they totally respect us. Yeah. Totally. /sarcasm

If that’s not enough, then by all means, please tell me. Where is the line? When can the line be drawn?

Or should we all just shutup and live in your fairy tale land where ANet is the best company ever that can do no wrong?

They haven’t refused to work on SAB. They’re working on other projects at the moment such as the expansion. They have their reasons why they won’t re-release Worlds 1 and 2. They won’t do refunds because they do plan to continue adding the remaining worlds. They have spoken about it and there’s really nothing else to say. A lot of people love the mini’s and I was sort of wishing I could still have access to them. Now I do.

They do respect the players otherwise you would not see them communicating on the forums as all. They do not have as much free time as you seem to believe to post on the forums. They also have certain guidelines on what they can actually say.

I said baseless because you had no supporting facts or reasoning in some of your arguments as some of them were becoming nonconstructive. I never said, or inferred, that everyone should just “shutup” as you put it.

They have certain people that have worked on SAB. If those people have been busy on other projects, then they obviously are unable to work on SAB.

SO RELEASE WHAT ALREADY EXISTS

You keep acting like people are demanding new worlds when everyone keeps saying it’s okay that there aren’t new worlds as long as they can play what already exists.

I’ve already addressed this above.

There may be instances that seem perfect to release content such as SAB but if it hasn’t been developed, obviously it won’t be released. They’re likely all busy finalizing the expansion and getting it ready for release.

And then they’ll be too busy because Halloween
And then they’ll be too busy because Christmas
And then they’ll be too busy because…

But you know what’s cool? There is SAB content that ALREADY EXISTS, that they can put back in the game. The works already done unless they were absolute idiots and deleted every shred of it.

The holiday events that they do are very limited. They can easily find time do release SAB again, After the expansion is out, I’m pretty sure that there will be a lull before they start up the living story again. This would be a great time for them to release SAB.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The fact they they would put those items up for sale at all would grant more income, currently they are unavailable, which means zero income.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

Miku.6297

Yes if they put the item up for sale permanently it will net some sales right away, and a few later on; that’s a given. Keep in mind, alot of the SAB gem shop items were offered the initial release and the back to school release… Many of the players asking for SAB are people that played during the SAB events… If they didn’t buy the items then, why would they now?

Have you noticed a trend in the gem shop item/sales… There has been TONS of temporary content release and removed, do you think there is a reason behind that?

You are dodging my question…

Do you think people don’t buy more/faster if they are told, buy it now befor it’s gone.

Also remember one posable reason for temp gem store content is… Permanent stuff is easier to buy with in game gold, you have how ever long you want to think about it, and how ever long it takes to earn the gold and buy the gems. Temporary items on the other hand have a limited time frame, you decide you want it, then you better grind the gold out or pull out your wallet befor it leaves.

(edited by Miku.6297)

Posted by: Mr Ko Killer.7206

Mr Ko Killer.7206

I’m content with this for now, and I’m sure many others would be too. The whole point I think of everyone’s frustration isn’t that it didn’t come out yesterday, it’s the lack of dev response on topics in general, as per the usual.

Shaman said things for SAB came out in the DAT about a month before back to school….perhaps it’s sooner than I actually thought, or…perhaps not….never really know

Jade Quarry’s TrollMaster General| Generation Of Legends [EviL] Leader

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

I expect SAB will make a return at some point, else why would Mr. Moto still be standing around Rata Sum with the entry portal? They’d remove that if they didn’t ever intend to bring the content back.

However, here is my stance on the matter, and I fear it will not go over well with some of us. While I enjoyed SAB and certainly don’t hate it, I’m starting to really, really, really hate the behavior of those who wish to see it back. For example:

• There’s a Twitch livestream in which devs are discussing some of the features of HoT. Some players in the chat are asking questions, but the questions are buried under a ton of “SAB” spam.
  • Some new content is released, LS or some such, and as everyone logs in they note that an Anet employee is ambling around in game with them, ensuring that all is well. The word spreads: “Hey, X is here!” Other players gather around asking questions and making comments. Then the SAB Borg arrives: “BRING BACK SAB BRING BACK SAB BRING BACK SAB!!!111” X bolts; I would too under such circumstances. And yes, I have seen this happen.
  • Someone at Anet takes the time and trouble to put together something special, like “airplane mode” for April Fools’. Many of us found it cute and clever, some did not, and some did not because it wasn’t SAB. We know this because they posted about it here and Reddit loudly and repeatedly.
  • The SAB Borg also posts loudly and repeatedly about the continued absence of SAB in nearly. Every. Other. Thread. Covering. Nearly. Every. Other. Subject. Like this.
  • I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that the more prominent Anet figures like Mike O’Brien or Colin Johanson have people screaming “SAB” at them in the street.

My point, guys, is that you’re behaving very much like the more annoying type of “social justice warrior” who do more long-term damage to their respective causes than good. Being a massive pain in the kitten is NOT going to help your case…and you’re also likely annoying the very people with the power to bring it back. Plus, it’s embarrassing. I’m willing to bet some of those saying “I hate SAB” are saying that specifically because of the obnoxious “BRING BACK SAB” movement.

We’re all adults here, remember.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

(edited by Tanith.5264)

Posted by: Jinroh.4251

Jinroh.4251

I never got to do SAB. I missed it cause I took a break from the game. However I did watch videos and looked at screenshots. It looked like a fun time. Last year I thought it would return for some folks and it didn’t. Then we had the OCCUPY SAB movement for a while. ANET gave us the lame answer of “Oh it doesn’t fit with the current LS”. So what? People will still play your LS. SAB is just something else to do. Like WvW or PvP.

Last I checked neither of those things had to do with the LS either. So ANET’s logic on denying folks SAB is not really a good one. If they want to finish HOT that’s absolutely fine. Talking to your players though is something that is not hard. However from my experience with these forums, ANET employees have a history of really dodging the question or giving unrelated answers. I’m sure everyone remembers the whole trait fiasco and how one Rep started talking about Guild Housing and ignoring the concerns of players.

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

ANet is not stupid. The fact that you all think you know better than they what they need to do is hilarious, and shows you have no idea how businesses function.

They’re going to bring it back, and they’re going to do it on their own time table, not yours, no matter how much you won’t shut up about it. So please, do the rest of us a favor and just leave it be. No amount of incessant whining is going to change ANet’s plans or priorities. They’ve made their stance on SAB clear. If you can’t accept that, maybe you should find something else to #occupy your time with.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

There are many people that want constant communication which will not happen.

And this is how I know you haven’t actually read anything in the traits thread.

People have asked for something, -anything- beyond just the simple “traits are gonna be changed”. Not constant communication. But still, something more than just “yeah, we’re working on it”.

I do not know why, but for some reason, you appear to believe that there’s no such thing as a middle ground. Well let me assure you, there is. There is a middle ground between the bare minimum (which is what we’ve been given, at best), and constant updates on the hour by the hour.

There’s such a thing as being able to give substantial details without giving away everything. I don’t know why you think that’s impossible.

It’s also not required of them

I 100% disagree with that assessment.

I believe that their last most was at the end of January.

And it didn’t say anything that anybody didn’t already know. Please. PLEASE. Actually go in and read the Traits pt. 2 thread. Really read it.

Irregardless

Not a word. It’s just Regardless. Not a snark or anything. Just letting you know, because it’s a mistake I made for a very long time myself.

to which thread you were referring to though, they’ve stated their position and there’s no need for them to simply repeat the same post at various intervals.

Right, which is why they give a little more information. Like maybe some ideas of what the changes would entail. You know, information that their customers can actually make use of. Something with actual substance.

They’re working on redoing traits for or near the expansion.

And that is literally all we know. Again, they promised -more- and -better- communication. For the better to apply, they have to give more info than just “yeah, some time in the future”, or “yeah, we’re changing this, but that’s all we’ll say”

They plan to release SAB again and I gave reason why they’ve likely haven’t done so as of yet.

I really don’t care what reason you think up, for the record. You don’t work for ANet.

I can be at times. However, I was being serious.

That’s why it’s hilarious. Because you believe that.

They addressed players concerned and announced that they are working on making obtaining traits less cumbersome.

They’ve said and done nothing since then.

I have and I was there when they posted. They do understand the frustrations that players have

I would argue otherwise.

Meaningful is debatable.

Tt really isn’t.

You seem to want very detailed posts laying out exactly what they are doing with frequent updates.

What I want is more than just some sorry kitten platitudes. I am so disenfranchised with ANet and GW2 that at this point, for SAB, I would settle for them just telling us what general YEAR they intend to release it again.

And if you think that asking for a year is asking for too much, or if you think that asking for a year is asking for super detailed info? Then please, do not respond to my post, because we are so dissimilar that we absolutely will not be able to come to any kind of understanding.

How do you know that they do not have a date planned or a year?

Because having a year planned would suggest that they’re actually working on something, and as they’ve noted, they haven’t even looked at SAB since it last was here.

I do understand.

Again, no. You really don’t. Because if you did, you wouldn’t defend them walking off with peoples money like they did.

Let’s get something straight, okay? I wouldn’t be nearly as kittened as I am about this situation if they’d have the kittening decency to at least refund us the gems spent on the infinite continue coin.
That’s why I want more than just some meaningless “in the future” drivel, okay? Money was taken for a service that is not being provided. That is uncool and extremely shady, and it’s even worse because it’s a digital item and in most countries that’s still a nebulous topic in regards to legality. And before you try it, yes, there is a precedence for them refunding gems for a product no longer performing its intended function several years after said items were purchase. Town Clothes.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

They have their reasons why they won’t re-release Worlds 1 and 2.

And those reasons are?

They won’t do refunds because they do plan to continue adding the remaining worlds.

They also planned to add Polymock. They also planned to have a shooting gallery minigame. They plan a lot of things.

That’s not a good enough reason with how little information they’re handing out.

They have spoken about it and there’s really nothing else to say.

There’s a whole lot more for them to say. Please stop pretending like there isn’t.

They do respect the players otherwise you would not see them communicating on the forums as all.

We’re two steps away from them not communicating at all. I’m sorry, but it astounds me that you consider the tiny breadcrumbs they hand out as communication, much less that you consider it good communication.

They do not have as much free time as you seem to believe to post on the forums.

1 post a month giving a paragraph at most of info beyond “we’re working on it”. If you think that’s too difficult, then I don’t know what to say.

They also have certain guidelines on what they can actually say.

Yes, I know. It’s exactly the reason that their promise of better communication was just a worthless lie.

They can easily find time do release SAB again,

They’ve had time to release it again. But they’ve still chosen not to.

After the expansion is out, I’m pretty sure that there will be a lull before they start up the living story again.

THERE’S A LULL RIGHT NOW. There have been several freakin’ lulls! There have been plenty of opportunities to bring SAB back!

This would be a great time for them to release SAB.

Right now is a kittening great time for them to release SAB.

So please, do the rest of us a favor and just leave it be.

If you hate it so much, why are you in a thread about it? Why are you posting in that thread, and as such, bumping it back to the top of the forum?

Why don’t you take your own advice and just “leave it be”.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

Never was able to experience this content since it was before my time. But have to admit each time a patch drops some of us head over in case the door is opened.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

ANet is not stupid. The fact that you all think you know better than they what they need to do is hilarious, and shows you have no idea how businesses function.

They’re going to bring it back, and they’re going to do it on their own time table, not yours, no matter how much you won’t shut up about it. So please, do the rest of us a favor and just leave it be. No amount of incessant whining is going to change ANet’s plans or priorities. They’ve made their stance on SAB clear. If you can’t accept that, maybe you should find something else to #occupy your time with.

Multi billion and million dollar companies make bad decisions all the time that cost them big….

We arnt saying Anet is stupid, just that they are making a bad decision on how they run SAB.

And no we will not be quit. If you truely believe in something you should stand up for it. Im standing up for SAB. Im not going to sit down and do nothing…..

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: SlimGenre.6417

SlimGenre.6417

guys, I think we’re all missing the point here… not bringing SAB back WAS the April Fool’s prank

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

im gonna save my rage for now. if we dont have sab access by the time the minis leave bl chests, im gonna be actually mad that anet could be so cruel. if we get sab while theyre out… its just a tease.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Vortok.6975

Vortok.6975

guys, I think we’re all missing the point here… not bringing SAB back WAS the April Fool’s prank

Look, they have the right to not put SAB i mean to never put it back, the problem is i purchased an infinite coin with real money and i feel scammed, can you understand my feeling? It’s been over a year without SAB but we have lots of promises that never happened so we’re no more april fool’s right? So where the SAB or where i can get a refund?

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

I’ve actually been reading through most of the SAB posts, and I’m curious what is the justification besides “we want it” for SAB to be made permanent? Player base splitting, reward influx, temp draw are all reasons to keep it temporary. What are the reasons for it to be permanent?

Just to clarify once again I would also love to see it be made permanent, I enjoyed playing it while it was around ~I’ve even kept my coin and baubles~. I’m just interested in seeing what other reasons beyond “we want it”. The OP is asking for a logical response from the devs as to why it’s not open permanently, yet offers no concrete reasoning other then “more players like me want to play it”. Lets get some solid logical reasons out here, and maybe we would get a solid logical answer

The thing about the “player base splitting” excuse is that people will eventually be done with the current content and go back to the things they were doing before. It being permanent would make it available to new players (like myself) who never got to experience it, or returning players who may have also missed it. Players won’t feel like they need to rush through it just to get all of the rewards and go through it at their leisure to really enjoy it.

ANet is not stupid.

I haven’t been here too long but even I can tell some of their reasons for doing things/not doing other things are really questionable. I wouldn’t say they’re stupid though, they’re obviously doing something right or we wouldn’t be playing the game.

The fact that you all think you know better than they what they need to do is hilarious, and shows you have no idea how businesses function.

The problem with video games nowadays is that they’re treated too much like business. When a company loses touch with its playerbase and starts doing everything in their power to make money you end up with a company like EA where they nickel and dime you for everything they possibly can. I get that this is a subscription free game and they need to make money to keep everything running, but flat out ignoring what is obviously a huge demand for something they can easily make money off of isn’t too smart of a business move. Hell, someone mentioned earlier that streams have been bombed with “BRING BACK SAB” spam. It’s obvious people want it. If anything they should have added it a while ago and figured out more ways to make money off it. It feels like they don’t want to please the player base or make money. Even Riot Games brought back old skins they said they would never sell again due to huge demand and the fact that unused content doesn’t generate any income. I’d buy a permanent coin in a heartbeat, I’m sure lots of people in the thread would. If someone else comes along in the future and likes the SAB enough they’ll probably buy a coin too. It would generate more income over a longer period. Especially when they decide to add new worlds.

Posted by: Goo.7926

Goo.7926

Anet! YOU killed the hype train by ignoring SAB fans! We don’t care about HoT getting a story line seriously! I’m so tired Anet ignoring us!! Not even a little ‘’Sorry guys’’ ‘’we heard you’‘….nothing! I’ve been here since the begining of gw2 and you still don’t get your players! You are awfully bad!

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Anyway, do you guys think there is a valid reason they won’t bring it back? It wouldn’t have hurt anyone to have it available this April Fools.

I don’t think they need reasons, they seem to be in tunnel vision mode since the release of this game. GvG CDI? New dungeons? New player’s experience? Trait system?

It’s unbelievable that a Guild Wars game still doesn’t have GvG, and the stuff they made instead, like SAB, was removed!

I noticed the lack of GvG. If I didn’t know any better I never would have guessed the game has been out as long as it has. I definitely got my 15 dollars out of it, but man I’d be upset if I got the game at launch. But I’m getting off topic.

Guild wars has nothing to do with GVG stop thinking that. “Guild Wars” the name of the game is based off a war between the various guilds at the time in Tyria. Orr, Kryta, Ascalon being those. Not GVG the PVP mode.(Still on the side of wanting it back, but neither of these posts are useful, and for that matter neither is this one)

That’s just the lamest of excuse. Guild Wars 1 had defined the MMO GvG mode and it was amazing. It is was totally expected that Guild Wars 2 would have GvG. Anyway I was just using this as an example of them not listening. Remember the WvW and EotM CDI?

Posted by: Sheen.2846

Sheen.2846

First time I post here but I want to show my enthousiasm of an eventual return of the Super Adventure Box !

I play Gw2 since the beginning, I still play everyday especially in WvW.

Imho, Sab was and is the best additional content of Gw2, far way better that all those personal stories season 2, crown pavillon, KarKa queen, etc…. maybe even HoT but still can’t say…

Sab was full of great idea and change the boring way of farming events, champions, collect skins…. it give a fresh air to the EndGame content which is always the same thing since two years.

I want a return of the SAB please Anet !

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

First time I post here but I want to show my enthousiasm of an eventual return of the Super Adventure Box !

I play Gw2 since the beginning, I still play everyday especially in WvW.

Imho, Sab was and is the best additional content of Gw2, far way better that all those personal stories season 2, crown pavillon, KarKa queen, etc…. maybe even HoT but still can’t say…

Sab was full of great idea and change the boring way of farming events, champions, collect skins…. it give a fresh air to the EndGame content which is always the same thing since two years.

I want a return of the SAB please Anet !

Hell they could charge 800 gems for people to have access to it and most people would pay, including me (given that free access is granted to those who bought the ICC of course).

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

Another example of community outcry was the changes to the gem exchange. The complaints were immediate and passionate and they made adjustments as quickly as they could.

And not at all related to the fact that the gaming sites picked up on it. As I recall somewhat vividly, i remember reading the statement Anet gave us saying they were going to change it. On those gaming sites. A clear hour or more before they deigned to post it here on these forums.

While the cynic in me would argue that they only made such a quick U-turn because they were getting bad press, and not the outcry of the playerbase (they alread have some of our money), perhaps that view is a little too harsh. Certainly I feel that given they told the sites before the players with the concerns, their first priority in communication then was damage control and preserving their reputation to prospective players, with reassuring their actual playerbase second.

Here, SAB, and indeed so many other of the bigger concerns and points of contention get a lot less attention, and certainly less posts from Anet. Certainly part of it is their refusal, for good or ill, to reveal plans and upcoming things too ahead of time, but I also feel, as a disheartened player, they aren’t as forthcoming or responsive because it is a purely internal gripe between Anet and the concerns and debates aren’t as visible to the prospective players and wider gaming communities and sites.

Continuing on about what you stated about the gem conversion screw up during last years Halloween. It was Crystin Cox lame excuse to the community that also got it to be reverted in the end. Which was “it was to confusing for players.” The same excuse the was use for the development of the NPE project. Everything that has been put in the gem store that has been a massive screw up has gone through managements approval, and whether it was communicated with the player base before it’s release.

- The recipe for the Dragon’s Revelry Starcake being stuck behind a paywall. This was the first stat altering food item that put into a universally loathed such lame RNG system. Not only that but it did not actually drop for the first few weeks until they latter fixed it.

- Flamekiss light cultural armor fiasco. Again something that could have easily been stopped by revealing the day before it came into the store. Instead it went live and looked what that turned into in the end. Sure they gave out refunds after the fact, but the re-skin eventually became flamekiss light feather armor. Which supposedly had to take a couple of months to make.

- The SAB Infinite Coin. I think we all know why this went wrong because the current state of affairs. Yet it got green lighted because it would possibly be re-occurring content. Even though the latter turned into an absurdly long hiatus.

-Watchwork Pick. Even if this was a test on adding in a extra gathering bonus to the infinite pick, then it should have been revealed way before it was released. Why should anyone buy any another type of infinite pick now? Beyond it the unique animations, sound, and style that adds nothing beyond a cosmetic purpose.

Arena Net has been terrible at communicating with payer base since GW1. It was a bit more excusable back then because it was their first game. However for GW2 it’s even more abominable compared to it’s predecessor. Even beyond the micro-store (Final Rest original abysmal drop rate, Fractal leaderboards, or Fractal weapon skin boxes anyone?). Unless they want to sell you something. Even that is not a strict guarantee with the given example above. It’s like everyday they sit there and chant: “loose lips sinks ships.”

(edited by Sindex.9520)

Posted by: cleabh.5308

cleabh.5308

What I do with my money is my business and you want to try to berate me? GTFO

Then what is the problem? 6 dollars is nothing to anyone with a computer. You supported a company that gave you a constant great product with literally no down time for 2+ years.
Yet you complain about something you don’t need, only want. You have so much want for it you lust for it and despise Anet for not giving it to you. How is that not childish?

Everyone talks about the white knights but I always wondered what they looked like.

cleabh.5308

So all in all it was two things. And none of them even remotely as big (release or reaction-wise) as this.

You asked for examples involving ANet bending to rage. I gave you examples.

But now you’re moving the goalpost, after throwing as many examples into the trash as possible, and basically saying even the last two that you can’t hand wave away don’t count because they’re “not on the same scale”.

I mean, really? What the hell is your deal?

Are we allowed to point out when someone is a troll?

Posted by: Sindex.9520

Sindex.9520

On a more positive note though; I would like to thank whoever its updating some of the SAB mini’s. I notice my super assassin mini has gotten some extra love (animation and sounds) over the last year.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Gene, nobody owns you an explanation of anything. Not ANet, not Lordkrall, not anyone else here.

You have gone way overboard. You’re not making a lot of sense, and you’re just making a scene. You need to calm down and take a step back.

If you haven’t already you’re going to start incurring infractions for this.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

cleabh.5308

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

I’ve actually been reading through most of the SAB posts, and I’m curious what is the justification besides “we want it” for SAB to be made permanent? Player base splitting, reward influx, temp draw are all reasons to keep it temporary. What are the reasons for it to be permanent?

Just think of SAB as a dungeon. Most players will play each new world once. Then there are players who like the content and tend to replay it. A low minority will farm for weapons and achievements. Why is the CoF permanent? It’s good to have different permanent places to go. This will keep players ingame.
I could barely play at SAB 1&2 because I had exams but I would’ve liked to play more after they were finished.
The whole point for me to play GW2 is that there is few time pressure. You are usually allowed to play content whenever you want. Therefore I really loved the second season of LS.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

I think Anet is making a mistake not giving refunds for the ICC. Think about it- if they gave a gem refund, folks who got the refund would have gems to spend. You get X number of gems for your refund, and you now see something you want to buy that costs X+1 gems. Bam! More gem sales. Then when 2024 (maybe as early as 2019?) comes and they bring SAB back, more gem purchases to re-purchase the Infinite Continue Coin. It’s a no-brainer- am I right, or am I right?

The other thing I keep thinking is that we have all these other “activities” like Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, etc. WHY isn’t SAB included in this rotation?

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

The other thing I keep thinking is that we have all these other “activities” like Sanctum Sprint, Keg Brawl, etc. WHY isn’t SAB included in this rotation?

With all due respect, I vehemently oppose SAB being part of the “activity” rotation. It would mean modifying it, like Toypocalypse, so that you couldn’t queue with your friends, which defeats one of the BEST parts of SAB.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: SakuraJD.4720

SakuraJD.4720

With all due respect, I vehemently oppose SAB being part of the “activity” rotation. It would mean modifying it, like Toypocalypse, so that you couldn’t queue with your friends, which defeats one of the BEST parts of SAB.

uh, yeah, i also dont want that. that would just be the dumbest idea ever. I wanna play SAB on any given day, for any amount of time i wish, not as an activity and a race against other players.

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

What?!? No, it wouldn’t. Or shouldn’t. Why would it be modified to be like keg brawl? No modifications, just straight OPEN FOR PLAY AS IT WAS.

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

I think Anet has a straightforward plan for SAB that is already on their timetable. You just have to wait, even though it can take years. They want SAB to be integrated into GW2 story so it does not look like extra game inside of a game that does not match here. They already told us something like this, that they listened to this negative feedback. And as Colin promised that SAB will make return, I assume these above-mentioned things. Just hold on and live your life.

Guhracie.3419

I think Anet has a straightforward plan for SAB that is already on their timetable. You just have to wait, even though it can take years. They want SAB to be integrated into GW2 story so it does not look like extra game inside of a game that does not match here. They already told us something like this, that they listened to this negative feedback. And as Colin promised that SAB will make return, I assume these above-mentioned things. Just hold on and live your life.

It IS already integrated into the lore of GW2. It has a story.

Also, I’ve been told repeatedly that just because a dev has something to say about literally anything about the game, that doesn’t make it a promise and I have no right to get upset if whatever they said doesn’t turn out to happen at all. So, which should I do, here, folks? Should I trust that this content is promised to come back, or should developers not be held to what they say, because sometimes stuff comes up and it doesn’t work out?

At this point, I’m half expecting SAB to be a feature of the expansion. And then people will come here and say, “They never promised it would come back for free.” because that’s totally not bullkitten.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: Dibbin.9620

Dibbin.9620

It IS already integrated into the lore of GW2. It has a story.

Also, I’ve been told repeatedly that just because a dev has something to say about literally anything about the game, that doesn’t make it a promise and I have no right to get upset if whatever they said doesn’t turn out to happen at all. So, which should I do, here, folks? Should I trust that this content is promised to come back, or should developers not be held to what they say, because sometimes stuff comes up and it doesn’t work out?

At this point, I’m half expecting SAB to be a feature of the expansion. And then people will come here and say, “They never promised it would come back for free.” because that’s totally not bullkitten.

Shills gonna shill, man. I’m honestly on the fence about the new expansion but if they try to offer what was once a free thing as a paid feature of an expansion pack I’m definitely not buying it.

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

and still no official comunication….
arenanet communication skill -100
arenanet choo choo skill 100

Posted by: Shadowmoon.7986

Shadowmoon.7986

I remember when good old Mike made the communicating with you thread right after the first SAB slip up happened.
What happened after that post.
0 dungeons changes, no SAB, a living story that was just a commercial for a XPAC with half the features of a normal XPAC with no release date or price.

And all the interview question with real details about the content asked at their press event was met with “we are not ready to talk about that” which to me sounds like PR talk for, “we are not going to have that feature but saying that will ruin our sales”.
Dungeons raids and instanced content are probably not going to released. Only open world and gem shop updates.

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

Making SAB like keg brawl and other activities is awful. Those minigames arent even that bad but I dont participate in them specifically because I cant play with my friends. It was one of the main reasons I liked SAB.

I also dont understand the people making huge posts about how adding content like this would be such a bad thing. Making huge fanboy-A.netCanDoNoWrong ‘arguments’ to justify that the only new content fiscally worth adding is open world zerg fests and bosses that make it difficult to group with your friends or make meaningful impacts on fights. Same types of people ruined threads asking for new dungeons in HoT. Its new content, A.net has admittedly made poor choices in the past, stop being blind with unknown numbers to derail threads of people asking for content.

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I really don’t understand why SAB can’t be a permanent part of the game. Anything with achievements that isn’t strictly a seasonal festival should be available all the time.

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

Cbomb some people think they are the forum moral arbiters and will not shut their mouth about threads they deem unworthy of existance. So naturally, being self-righteous and all, they’ll post over and over with the sole purpose of derailing , flamebaiting and subtly name calling posters (reducing 38 pages of a thread to a “bunch of childs raging and whining”) instead of minding their own business and discussing what they actually like.

That being said I’ll once again add my voice of dissent to the thread because I was really looking for a reason to fire up GW2 again and revisiting SAB would’ve been a great excuse.

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Oh anet up in the sky so bright, please give me sab tonight

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

i can show you a world!
shining, shimmering, eight bit!
where’s the princess? up in the castle! held captive, alive!

i can open your eyes~
take you level by level,
over, sideways, and under
on a pixelated hike!

a whole new world!
a new fantastic point of view!
no one to tell us no, or where to go,
or say we’re only dreaming!

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: MetalGirl.2370

MetalGirl.2370

Anet is making a mistake by not giving SAB when people are hyped. I imagine when it finally comes out, most will be like “about time … :/” .. instead of “omg sab!!”

Mesmerizing

Guhracie.3419

they should just release a godkitten official response already. -.-

The official response is: “SAB will return at some point in the future when we feel the time is right. No refunds will be granted on the infinite continue coin, because the content connected to it will be back.”

Could be this week; could be 40 years from now. But at least by then, people will know better than to buy anything from ANET without a guaranteed timeline attached to it.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

The official response is: “SAB will return at some point in the future when we feel the time is right. No refunds will be granted on the infinite continue coin, because the content connected to it will be back.”

Could be this week; could be 40 years from now. But at least by then, people will know better than to buy anything from ANET without a guaranteed timeline attached to it.

Yeah. I might submit a ticket in a few days. But I definitely will be buying far fewer gems from now on. The SAB minis in the BLCs was so disrespectful to paying customers.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Imagine this:

They are not releasing more SAB because some hidden group at Arenanet is working on a stand-alone game called “Super Adventure Box”. Imagine if they use this “game” to test their engine on consoles too, it won’t need to be like GW2 an mmorpg, it could well be a normal video game (with multiplayer support obviously)

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Imagine this:

They are not releasing more SAB because some hidden group at Arenanet is working on a stand-alone game called “Super Adventure Box”. Imagine if they use this “game” to test their engine on consoles too, it won’t need to be like GW2 an mmorpg, it could well be a normal video game (with multiplayer support obviously)

later this year…..