Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

i talked via email with arenanet support and Gaile Gray about SAb answer me this:
It is true that we have not said anything about Super Adventure Box in a while, but honestly, there is nothing new to say about it yet. I posted a few months ago to reassure the community of players that SAB will be back in the future, but that we did not have a date for its return. The same remains true today. We will be bringing it back, but we have not set an exact date for its return.

btw ty Gaile for the answer.

So basically they won’t release the current SAB stuff again until they have new levels, which will probably take years to do at the current pace. They fail to understand or listen to what the community wants.

Posted by: Hammurabi.5942

Hammurabi.5942

SAB WHERE.

THIS IS OUTRAGE

Attachments:

Posted by: Zxavier Augistine.7312

Zxavier Augistine.7312

So devs are still going to ignore this post sigh >.< could at least have the kindness to confirm no sab this year or even say your working on and not lie or something >> its no wonder people say the this game has bad costumer support xD

You’ve obviously never play any nexon game ever, Anet customer service are shining golden gods compared to them. Just because they dont comment in one thread doesnt mean they arent paying attention. they have no information for us that hasnt already been said hundreds of times. they have no plans currently to re-release SAB, do you want them to come in and say it again or something?

And Xillllix, they do listen to the community but you cannot expect them to drop all of the work on the expansion just to re-release the SAB do you? they’re working towards something bigger than a simple jumping puzzle gauntlet. they’re releasing an expansion to 3 regions if not at least 2, do you know how long that takes? its not something simple. taking people away from a major project to piddle away hours on re-releasing SAB. That would be madness and unfair to the players dying for HoT.

people are the reason we cant have nice things…
Guild Wars 2: waiting for content simulator.

(edited by Zxavier Augistine.7312)

Xillllix.3485

So devs are still going to ignore this post sigh >.< could at least have the kindness to confirm no sab this year or even say your working on and not lie or something >> its no wonder people say the this game has bad costumer support xD

You’ve obviously never play any nexon game ever, Anet customer service are shining golden gods compared to them. Just because they dont comment in one thread doesnt mean they arent paying attention. they have no information for us that hasnt already been said hundreds of times. they have no plans currently to re-release SAB, do you want them to come in and say it again or something?

And Xillllix, they do listen to the community but you cannot expect them to drop all of the work on the expansion just to re-release the SAB do you? they’re working towards something bigger than a simple jumping puzzle gauntlet. they’re releasing an expansion to 3 regions if not at least 2, do you know how long that takes? its not something simple. taking people away from a major project to piddle away hours on re-releasing SAB. That would be madness and unfair to the players dying for HoT.

SAB is there in the game already, it’s just locked. Releasing old instanced content wouldn’t delay the release of the expansion.

Zxavier Augistine.7312

they want to release it with new content, and that’s their choice on the matter. aside from that what about the bugs and issues that would show up because an old instance is broken or an exploit is found and people complain as they inevitably would, and even if it was an old instance people would still not be happy.

Further more what about translating it for the asian clients? that doesnt come easy, along with removing anything that would be “offensive”. if they do release it and one of those bee dogs offends a government official for whatever stupid reason they would have to fix it to appease them. nothing is ever easy.

Posted by: Scipio.3204

Scipio.3204

they want to release it with new content, and that’s their choice on the matter. aside from that what about the bugs and issues that would show up because an old instance is broken or an exploit is found and people complain as they inevitably would, and even if it was an old instance people would still not be happy.

Further more what about translating it for the asian clients? that doesnt come easy, along with removing anything that would be “offensive”. if they do release it and one of those bee dogs offends a government official for whatever stupid reason they would have to fix it to appease them. nothing is ever easy.

They can always make up excuses if they want to. Sure, “an expansion is coming” is the best one , but there was no excuse for not releasing it in 2014 other than “doesn’t fit living story”. They already talk about living story as a filler between expansion, so after HoT’s release will we be back to excuse number one?

Regarding chinese client, I don’t remember too much dialog, if I remember correctly even the text bubbles had new krytan

Zxavier Augistine.7312

I still stand by the official statement, which is in short saying “not now”. the SAB is a small corner of content that people like, but its not the only one where people are suffering, PvE, WvW, and PvP haven’t been updated with any content for quite some time and more people have been begging for that for much much longer.

SAB is small compared to the main 3 modes that have received responses such as “we’re working on it” and they’ve sat by much much longer than all the SAB fans have. Asking for an immediate response and unlocking of content by Anet is stepping on the core game modes. we cant always get what we want. id love another WvW tournament right now, but they wont simply add that easily placed content into the game without having to work on it in some capacity.

it’s not unreasonable to ask people to simply wait. PvPer’s have waited since launch for a new map type, PvEer’s wanted “raids” and hardcore content, and WvWer’s wanted new maps that aren’t EoTM. If they have to wait SAB lover’s have to wait too. It’s only fair.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

I still stand by the official statement, which is in short saying “not now”. the SAB is a small corner of content that people like, but its not the only one where people are suffering, PvE, WvW, and PvP haven’t been updated with any content for quite some time and more people have been begging for that for much much longer.

SAB is small compared to the main 3 modes that have received responses such as “we’re working on it” and they’ve sat by much much longer than all the SAB fans have. Asking for an immediate response and unlocking of content by Anet is stepping on the core game modes. we cant always get what we want. id love another WvW tournament right now, but they wont simply add that easily placed content into the game without having to work on it in some capacity.

it’s not unreasonable to ask people to simply wait. PvPer’s have waited since launch for a new map type, PvEer’s wanted “raids” and hardcore content, and WvWer’s wanted new maps that aren’t EoTM. If they have to wait SAB lover’s have to wait too. It’s only fair.

Translation: If I’m miserable, everyone shall be miserable! Including the people who bought a gem store item that has been useless for over a year and a half, now! Those people don’t deserve any kind of time frame, because reasons!

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Scipio.3204

I can agree to that, but some of those complaints will be resolved by HoT. And it’s also true that SAB is small compared to other game modes , that’s exactly why I don’t undestand why they need years between releases considering they made tribulation mode and a world twice as large as the first one in less than five months. People even complained on the lenght and I expect w3 to be smaller.

It’s not like this is the first time SAB has been bought up. There was a rather big “ragefest” back in august, so anet knew players wanted it back. Also anet probably knew there is going to be a rather large timegap with no content at all. If there are no resources to create w3 because of the expansion then fine I can accept that, but w1+w2 is better filler than nothing and more than half year should’ve been enough to fix the issues people had with them back in 2013.

Zxavier Augistine.7312

as i said in an earlier post, buyers remorse is a thing, if you bought something that you don’t like that’s not the devs fault. you bought a convenience item of your own volition and did not think of the consequences of your actions in the long run. I bought the bath outfit and wings like everyone else and i regret spending that money, do i deserve a refund? no, i bought them i have to suffer for my actions.

You can still use the coin in the future just like i can use my wings whenever i want, or my outfit whenever i want. Refusing to accept “in the future” as an answer is not the developers problem, be patient and wait like we all are. I hope those who bought the coin have learned from this and will think more carefully about their choices in the future.

also everyone is miserable, there’s nothing to do in game at present and anet chose to leave us as such until “later” so we all have to accept “LATER” as an answer. Daddy Anet has spoken.

(edited by Zxavier Augistine.7312)

Scipio.3204

as i said in an earlier post, buyers remorse is a thing, if you bought something that you don’t like that’s not the devs fault. you bought a convenience item of your own volition and did not think of the consequences of your actions in the long run. I bought the bath outfit and wings like everyone else and i regret spending that money, do i deserve a refund? no, i bought them i have to suffer for my actions.

The difference is people like the infinite coin , they just can’t use it. That’s not the player’s fault no matter how I look at it.

Posted by: Rayti.6531

Rayti.6531

The difference is people like the infinite coin , they just can’t use it. That’s not the player’s fault no matter how I look at it.

I was just thinking the same thing. I like the coin and I didn’t even buy it for convenience but to support a piece of content I loved and wanted to see further developed, well aware of the fact that I won’t be able to use it for some time, but assuming after those first 2 releases and the gap inbetween them that there will be some use for it in the future – with a similar gap inbetween which was strongly indicated… So I guess I was thinking about the consequences.

That’s not even remotely comparable to buying a skin I will probably never use just for the sake of having it and then regretting my purchase afterwards…

(edited by Rayti.6531)

Posted by: Scott.1653

Scott.1653

bump, ded gaem plz add SAB

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Charging for a service and then not providing it is what separates the SAB situation from the general PVE, WvW, and PvP situations. All of those portions of the game arre available to be played. SAB is not. None of those other portions of the game had an access fee beyond the basic game purchase. Anet did sell access to SAB for a fee above and beyond the cost of the game.

Charging for a service/product and then not providing it is not an ethical business practice. Stating that the product might be provided at some point in the future, maybe, does not change that.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

I just had an advert for Trove pop up in youtube – THEY STOLE OUR SAB!!!!!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Charging for a service and then not providing it is what separates the SAB situation from the general PVE, WvW, and PvP situations. All of those portions of the game arre available to be played. SAB is not. None of those other portions of the game had an access fee beyond the basic game purchase. Anet did sell access to SAB for a fee above and beyond the cost of the game.

Charging for a service/product and then not providing it is not an ethical business practice. Stating that the product might be provided at some point in the future, maybe, does not change that.

Knowledge of SAB being limited available content with no set release schedule at the introduction of that coin was widely available. Players should have thought first before impulsively buying the coin if they truly have issues about not being able to use it at the moment. Anet is not at fault for players not doing the due diligence to at least think before they open their wallets.

They’ve said that they have plans to bring SAB back. That post on the French forums stated it would be after the expansion which makes sense. My advice to everyone is that’s upset about this is to never buy anything that is only temporarily available.

Ashen.2907

Knowledge of SAB being limited available content with no set release schedule at the introduction of that coin was widely available. Players should have thought first before impulsively buying the coin if they truly have issues about not being able to use it at the moment. Anet is not at fault for players not doing the due diligence to at least think before they open their wallets.

They’ve said that they have plans to bring SAB back. That post on the French forums stated it would be after the expansion which makes sense. My advice to everyone is that’s upset about this is to never buy anything that is only temporarily available.

They have plans to perhaps bring it back.

There is a difference between at that moment and a period of years later. Buying a product that is labeled as providing infinite access if one desires such is not impulsive.

Spin it how you like, the service was charged for but is not being provided.

Ayrilana.1396

There is a difference between at that moment and a period of years later. Buying a product that is labeled as providing infinite access if one desires such is not impulsive.

It was for infinite lives, not access. It’s impulsive if you don’t consider that it’s for content that has limited availability with no set release schedule before making the purchase.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Ashen.2907

It was for infinite lives, not access.

Lives are the ability to play/access the content. The word, “continue,” refers to the ability to continue to play.

Guhracie.3419

Lives are the ability to play/access the content. The word, “continue,” refers to the ability to continue to play.

Some people have no interest in discussing things like reasonable expectations. It is my experience that those people are just not worth engaging with, after a certain point. I mean, I’d personally wonder how long people should be expected to be patient, but if someone seems to think that two years is a reasonable amount of time, it’s just not worth asking.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

Ashen.2907

Some people have no interest in discussing things like reasonable expectations. It is my experience that those people are just not worth engaging with, after a certain point. I mean, I’d personally wonder how long people should be expected to be patient, but if someone seems to think that two years is a reasonable amount of time, it’s just not worth asking.

If there were actual technical problems, which were explained to an extent, and a time-line for correcting them in order to return the paid for service to function were provided, and refunds were offered to those desiring such, I would not have an issue with a protracted wait when dealing with something as complex as an MMO.

But taking away a service after it has been paid for, not providing a timeline for its return, indicating that its only a possibility that it will ever come back (Anet has redefine “absolutely,” and, “will,” as meaning, “perhaps,” or, “might,”), and not offering a refund even after paying customers have been without access to the service for which they have paid for a period of years is unethical.

Ayrilana.1396

No. Players had infinite access to the content without need of the coin. The coin was not needed to play SAB. The coin had no bearing on access as all it did was provide more lives. The service was provided only when the content was available. It was available for the duration of World 2 and will be available when we get Worlds 3 and 4.

Guhracie.3419

If there were actual technical problems, which were explained to an extent, and a time-line for correcting them in order to return the paid for service to function were provided, and refunds were offered to those desiring such, I would not have an issue with a protracted wait when dealing with something as complex as an MMO.

But taking away a service after it has been paid for, not providing a timeline for its return, indicating that its only a possibility that it will ever come back (Anet has redefine “absolutely,” and, “will,” as meaning, “perhaps,” or, “might,”), and not offering a refund even after paying customers have been without access to the service for which they have paid for a period of years is unethical.

I am in complete agreement with you, and I honestly hope that Anet is paying attention to your posts in particular. You have always been extremely even in your praise and criticism of the game, and you’ve often given me food for thought on issues I believed were extremely clear-cut. I take it as a major blow that this company has lost your respect, and I hope they feel that.

-Mike O’Brien

Posted by: ganix.8297

ganix.8297

@arenanet:

Is it possible to know at least the year for next SAB release?

Thx in advance

Ayrilana.1396

SAB was temporary content so the service/access to it being removed after a months time was to be expected. SAB was not advertised as permanent content accessible at any time. They are not required to provide a timeline for its return as no release schedule has ever been available and this was widely known when the coin was available in the gem store.

Xillllix.3485

I’ve never seen a 40 page thread being ignored on any other MMO game forum.

When something is as discussed as the return as SAB for years you can’t just hide in a corner and say empty phrases like “maybe” “sometime later” “one day” “we don’t know when”, it makes it seem like you don’t care about your customers (we did buy infinite continue coins).

For 3 years people have been discussing content being removed from the game and while you didn’t make the same mistake for Living Story season 2 we can’t say that you have listened to the people in regards to the other content released before.

New players feel like they have missed all the best stuff, it’s not a good sign.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

People should just stop responding to Ayrilana.1396, your all making excellent points but if someone has steadfastly decided they disagree with you, you won’t be able to change there minds.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

As mentioned earlier in this thread, SAB (and even more so SAB: TM) would be amazing using the upcoming “Adventure” system, with leaderboards tracking time, or bubbles or whatever.

SAB as an Adventure would add some competition to the mix, making it a far better experience. I hope soon after HoT we will also get SAB, using this new “system” to make it even better.

Imagine, if they don’t put W3 in, but they add some competition with SAB leaderboards, it will explode the replayability of it.

Anyone else thinks that they delay SAB until that system is released first?

Ayrilana.1396

People should just stop responding to Ayrilana.1396, your all making excellent points but if someone has steadfastly decided they disagree with you, you won’t be able to change there minds.

Goes both ways and I’m assuming they’re excellent points because you agree with them?

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB was temporary content so the service/access to it being removed after a months time was to be expected. SAB was not advertised as permanent content accessible at any time. They are not required to provide a timeline for its return as no release schedule has ever been available and this was widely known when the coin was available in the gem store.

What if… i don’t care?
like they don’t care about using more trasparency with us….

Therodin.2970

Goes both ways and I’m assuming they’re excellent points because you agree with them?

Yes

Scipio.3204

I don’t think they said anything like that. If they did that’s quite saddening, not because we don’t get SAB, but because they do have information about the topic, but they refuse to state it to the larger audiance.

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t think they said anything like that. If they did that’s quite saddening, not because we don’t get SAB, but because they do have information about the topic, but they refuse to state it to the larger audiance.

They did although it was really just confirmation of what many expected. There were posts here and in reddit about it with people upset that it wasn’t posted on the English forums. It’s as if the non-English forum staff have more leniency on what details they can release.

Posted by: segman.3560

segman.3560

I woke up today, logged in and looked at my infinite coin.
Then I logged into Rata Sum and saw the glorious entrance of SAB still being locked.
Then a new player whispered me “what is this box?” and I told him “those were better times, kid, forever gone”

and then I cried

Posted by: Wolfheart.1879

Wolfheart.1879

There was a land of platforms and bright colours called Super Adventure Box. Here in this world Creativity took it’s last bow….Here was the last ever to be seen of Fun For The Heck Of It, of Infinite Continue Coins and Anet’s Credibility. …. Look for it only on the wiki, for it is no more than a dream remembered. A Feature gone with the wind.

Divinity’s Reach is home to some top-tier criminal masterminds.
The kind of people who will set an orphanage on fire after locking themselves inside it.

Posted by: Explodie.9428

Explodie.9428

I wonder if we could create an online particion to Arena net to reopen this box? Maybe if they see how many people sign it, that they reopen it?

If alot of people have intrest in this box, maybe the devs are reconsidering to reopen the box as a permanent dungeon?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

^ Why do people keep assuming that they are not releasing it just to annoy people? Maybe there are actual reasons for it? Such as bugs and such that needs to be fixed but being put on the very end of the queue due to being very low priority.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Explodie.9428

Explodie.9428

^ Why do people keep assuming that they are not releasing it just to annoy people? Maybe there are actual reasons for it? Such as bugs and such that needs to be fixed but being put on the very end of the queue due to being very low priority.

If it has bugs why has it been released in the past?

lordkrall.7241

Because the bugs could have turned up when they made changes to the engine? Which they have done quite a bit since it was last released.
Not to mention the fact that there actually WERE quite a bit of bugs in world 2, which people raged rather much about.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

Because that would suggest that ANet value saving one employee the ten minutes it would take to explain that here than they do the satisfaction of hundreds (thousands?) of their paying customers.

Therodin.2970

Because that would suggest that ANet value saving one employee the ten minutes it would take to explain that here than they do the satisfaction of hundreds (thousands?) of their paying customers.

This

lordkrall.7241

Ah yes, because people would accept an answer like that……

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

Ah yes, because people would accept an answer like that……

Do you think the answer of we won’t give you refunds because it really will come back sometime in the future we promise is being received better?

lordkrall.7241

I think that no matter what they do, people will not be content until it is back. And even then I doubt people will be fully content.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

cuz they put the minis in the bl chests… sab minis = sab is coming. sab minis without sab = just plain mean.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Ayrilana.1396

cuz they put the minis in the bl chests… sab minis = sab is coming. sab minis without sab = just plain mean.

If they add a Palawa Joko mini in the gem store, does that mean Crystal Desert/Elona is coming? If they re-add the Wintersday mini’s in July, does that mean we’re getting Wintersday in July?

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

If they add a Palawa Joko mini in the gem store, does that mean Crystal Desert/Elona is coming?

they havent had a history of twice releasing palawa joko minis with crystal desert/elona.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Scipio.3204

I think that no matter what they do, people will not be content until it is back. And even then I doubt people will be fully content.

People will never be fully content, but that’s cool, it would be bad for the game if they were. Imagine if everyone was fully content with the game… there would be no need for expansion, no need for next SAB , no need for fixing stuff…. no need for anet.

You make it sound like it’s bad when people complain , and in a lot of case it is, but in this particular case, aka SAB, I think it’s pretty much justified. Almost two year without the second return of SAB , which was advertised as reoccuring content …. the damage has been done. Silence won’t undo it for anyone. “It will come back” was great to hear when Back to school ended, but not two years after.

Scipio.3204

If they re-add the Wintersday mini’s in July, does that mean we’re getting Wintersday in July?

I don’t get it… is that supposed to be an unreasonable expectation?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Wintersday_in_July

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

they told us they didn’t want to realease SAb in the middle of living story , because it wasn’t in lore (instead of wvwvw season….. kitten logic). now we are not in the middle of ls , we are in a long break , this is the perfect time to put SAb , even only world 1-2. We all know if they not realease it before HoT we will have to wait a lot , because after hoT the ls will start again and they don’t want to add SAb in the middle of ls….

BTW your role of arenanet paladin is really boring , you can even try to create excuses more fun… like: Colin dog eaten SAb projects….