Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

After a couple of weeks ppl complain there is nothing new in SAB. I think they want release it again if they have W3 finished. Which will take a while.

There’s nothing new in Lornar’s Pass, but it’s still in the game. There’s nothing new in the game right now- should we take the whole game down? There are vendors who have sold nothing new since launch: should they be removed? This is such a bad argument for not bringing SAB back.

How long is “a while?” Is it more than 6 months? More than a year? Two years? The continue coin was a commitment to the community that this content would be worked on, and last summer it was revealed that it hasn’t been. World 1 was released over 2 years ago. World 2 was released over a year and a half ago.

This^^

What kind of company operates on the notion that “If we provide good customer service, some people will still complain, so there’s no point”?

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Might as well give up, if there is one thing we know is that Anet never change their mind even if they make the wrong decision. Look at the new trait system, or the WvW PPT mechanics. The only good change they’ve done for WvW this year (PPK) was removed after a few weeks; they are way too hesitant about changing things.

You mean the new trait-system that they have outright confirmed will be reverted/changed with HoT?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

They never change their minds, ever. To prove it, let me give you two very specific examples of them definitely changing their minds.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

I don’t even want a refund on the coin. It was only 600 Gems and I bought them with gold anyway. If they brought back SAB and reintroduced the coin it would probably be more than 600 gems, so I’m content with what I’ve got, even though it’s technically nothing.

For those still confused why anger of the minis is justified, it is because the released the minis just before the anniversary of the original release of SAB. This isn’t a matter of releasing the minis at a time the content wouldn’t be expected to appear. Nor is it a matter of releasing the minis for content there has never even been information about. They know full well that the community associates April Fools with SAB first and random April Fools jokes second, especially the SAB fanatics. Releasing the minis just before April Fools, without any information one way or another, is like releasing Halloween minis a couple days early or Wintersday minis a couple days early, then not doing the corresponding event.

It is a betrayal and devastating. They really should have put out a statement. “We are not bringing back SAB for April 1st. We know how much it means to you, though. So in appreciation of your support, here are the SAB minis. We are thinking about it, we do remember, and we do have plans for SAB in the future. Just not right now.”

People would probably still have Rioted in Rata Sum, but not a single person would have felt betrayed when SAB didn’t show up just like they said it wouldn’t. People would have been happy for the minis and maybe accepted that ANet is thinking about them. The lack of anything, at all, is what upsets everyone. No statement, no explanation, no sympathy. They’re cold and hurtful and makes it look like a cash grab to dupe the believers.

This guy is a good voice to listen to

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

Might as well give up, if there is one thing we know is that Anet never change their mind even if they make the wrong decision. Look at the new trait system, or the WvW PPT mechanics. The only good change they’ve done for WvW this year (PPK) was removed after a few weeks; they are way too hesitant about changing things.

errr.. anet is too hesitant and slow on balance yes, but ppk was never intended to be a permanent thing and they very clearly stated that it was a test and that the test would have an end before they think about making ppk / white swords permanent or not…

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

You mean the new trait-system that they have outright confirmed will be reverted/changed with HoT?

It is not confirmed. The only communication we’ve received is that they are changing it, full stop. There is no time frame. It’s likely it will roll out with HoT, but not confirmed.

And to compare the trait system with SAB to make a point is laughable. Traits effect every new character, every new player and is a core part of the game. While SAB is much loved, it’s effect is more in the morale of the player base rather than basic function of the game. If they can’t even get the traits to an acceptable place and tell us their plans, what hope is there for SAB.

Yes, this thread is full of people wanting SAB back, but mostly it’s people wanting some communication on this point. How you can defend the Anet communication policy is beyond my understanding. It’s the reason I quit the game but still check back to see if anything has changed. I love this game and want it to be better, but until there is real change, I can’t support them.

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

After a couple of weeks ppl complain there is nothing new in SAB. I think they want release it again if they have W3 finished. Which will take a while.

I honestly doubt that any player would complain about more permanent content at the moment.

Kal Spiro.9745

And to compare the trait system with SAB to make a point is laughable.

And yet this was just a response to someone who was making that comparison. So is it only laughable when the point to refute claims that ANet never goes back and fixes things. Or was it laughable then too, cause I thought it was pretty funny.

It was publicly announced, that is confirmation. The only confirmation that is more confirmed would be a patch note on it.

I honestly doubt that any player would complain about more permanent content at the moment.

Then you have obviously not spent enough time on these forums. People will complain about anything. If they announced that SAB was going to be permanently opened the forums would be full of people complaining that SAB is stupid and detracts from their enjoyment of the game because it doesn’t make sense. There are a whole slew of people who find SAB to be immersion breaking and can’t stand the idea of other people who enjoy it being able to play it.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

errr.. anet is too hesitant and slow on balance yes, but ppk was never intended to be a permanent thing and they very clearly stated that it was a test and that the test would have an end before they think about making ppk / white swords permanent or not…

I think after 2 and a half years we should start to see results of these tests. Why test something, have it approved by the vast majority, and then do not even listen to the feedback?

doombreaker.3710

Then you have obviously not spent enough time on these forums. People will complain about anything. If they announced that SAB was going to be permanently opened the forums would be full of people complaining that SAB is stupid and detracts from their enjoyment of the game because it doesn’t make sense. There are a whole slew of people who find SAB to be immersion breaking and can’t stand the idea of other people who enjoy it being able to play it.

There will always be whiners, that’s true. But those who love the SAB won’t complain if there is no third level when it’s reopened. That’s just an assumption of course.

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

I think companies in general need to realize that if they decide to create a need for something, it is their own choice and their own responsibility to take care of the addition.

Allow me to give an example: a couple of years ago smartphones were starting to be equipped with cameras. Before then, no one had an issue with its absence, but since they were introduced no one would buy a smartphone without one.

The same goes for SAB: when Anet released SAB, they created a need for further content development due to its popularity, which they would not have had if they did not create SAB. Guild Wars 2 would have been a great game without it, but because they have accumulated a large pool of SAB-enthusiasts like myself, they simply cannot stop creating the content that we have grown fond of since.

Do not create a need for something you cannot maintain respectfully! Looking at you SAB minis!

insanemaniac.2456

I think after 2 and a half years we should start to see results of these tests. Why test something, have it approved by the vast majority, and then do not even listen to the feedback?

they listen but it typically takes 6-12 months for things to take effect after the proper people acknowledge things publicly (when anet even expresses intentions of doing whatever it is). and idk why youre suggesting ppk has been in a testing phase for 2.5 years when it hasnt been acknowledged as a concept by anet since until like at least around the last wvw season.

(edited by insanemaniac.2456)

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Immersion breaking, or not. SAB was in the Season1 story, and it isn’t something “necessary” to do, unless you want the skins. Yes, you will always get people moaning with EVERY little batch of content, and half the time it’s not even justified, just something someone doesn’t agree with.
I can say at least 70% of the “SAB” fans will not care if world 3 is not in the next release yet. Still, the remaining 30% plus those who just don’t care, might kick up a fuss about it.

Realistically, ANet would have to do as Lord Krall mentioned, and go threw SAB for a while
-fixing bugs and integrating the old data from SAB with Season 2’s patches. That takes time and they don’t wanna work on that yet. Fair enough…

Still, if only the cheap kittens had an extra team to work on old content for the time being, to keep people calm
…or we just get bored and do something else for the next few months. They should have thought this threw really, before they decided to leave us in the dark. They could have at least given us a content patch from S1, after the S2 had finished. Then we’d have something to do for the next 4 months.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

(edited by ReV.6097)

Posted by: Skady.5916

Skady.5916

I find Bunny ears, Aviator glasses etc more immersion breaking than SAB ever was

How about unicorn finisher or other money grabbing crap that gem store is full of?

A man of knowledge lives by acting, not by thinking about acting.
-Carlos Castaneda
Skady Valda

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

SAB or quaggan rito

ReV.6097

Just want the kitten boom boxes back and a box of minis :/
Hmm, are the minis still currently in BLC’s?

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Monkey Fritz.9052

Monkey Fritz.9052

Just want the kitten boom boxes back and a box of minis :/
Hmm, are the minis still currently in BLC’s?

Nothing has been posted to say that they are not.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I like my mini bee dog (dropped absolutely at random, wasn’t expecting it…), but it also felt a little insulting. I mean, if I were a 6yo kid throwing a tantrum because daddy isn’t taking me to the park, I’d probably be grateful if he bought me a park-themed icecream – I’d be successfully distracted, mission accomplished. Since I’m not 6…

Older folks are muuuch better and much more persistent at throwing tantrums and being unreasonable, so rocket launching a mini in my face, reminding me of the sab everytime I look at it and I just can’t forget, is just going to cause an outrage.

I mean, look at politicians arguing and starting petty revenge streaks against each other, if you don’t get what I mean. They’re like, what, 60yo?

… The good thing: even if I’m not really playing anymore, I will be able to resume my playtime once the sab is released with no negative consequences. Let’s be grateful the game doesn’t have a subscription.
[I have to tell myself this at least once a month but it doesn’t help much]

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

… The good thing: even if I’m not really playing anymore, I will be able to resume my playtime once the sab is released with no negative consequences. Let’s be grateful the game doesn’t have a subscription.
[I have to tell myself this at least once a month but it doesn’t help much]

Unless future worlds and/or access are gated by the expansion. Precursor crafting has set this precedent.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

#ComingSoon

ReV.6097

Page 3? Reallly…

Some day it will return. Wake me when it comes back, or if you spot some World 2 boom boxes on GemStore!

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Lordluen.2701

Lordluen.2701

I am curious when SAB will return? I don’t see any reason to not just have it as active content all of the time. It does not interfere with any story elements and just adds more fun types of gameplay for those that enjoy it. This would not require new updates to SAB, because obviously the devs are busy with HoT, but would give players more stuff to do! Opinions?

-Luen

Posted by: AfterXII.2761

AfterXII.2761

Not until after HoT as mentioned by ANet.

http://gw2shinies.com/ – A Guild Wars 2 Trading Post Service
http://gw2tno.com/ – The Nameless Ones [TNO]

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

It would be nice if it did come back.

Please post things like this in the MASSIVE Sab post that already exists.

Posted by: TheFool.4589

TheFool.4589

Might wanna check the other 100 post about it….

Posted by: L Step.8659

L Step.8659

SAB or riot

/15chars

ReRolled [Re] GvG Hero/Wannabe

Best NA rallybot on EU

Posted by: alberte.2685

alberte.2685

did anyone know that Chinese server was sold SAB skil about 288RMB,about 40 Dollar. Especially in April 1 to April 13.

insanemaniac.2456

did anyone know that Chinese server was sold SAB skil about 288RMB,about 40 Dollar. Especially in April 1 to April 13.

i dont understand your post

Posted by: Shaaba.5672

Shaaba.5672

As far as I can tell, we’ve not actually been told that SAB isn’t coming back before HoT. We’ve read that someone in the French support forums said that. Anet doesn’t respect us enough to talk to us and would rather let this issue fester and rot. It didn’t have to be this way.

Anet, do you wonder why we keep yelling about how upset we are? It’s like shouting into a wind storm. Can’t you even respect us enough to tell us that it’s not coming anytime soon? That you hear our frustration but you don’t have time to invest resources? That you don’t want to bring it back right now for X reason? Why should we respect you when you don’t respect us?

Kal Spiro.9745

At the beginning of April there was a gimmick by the Chinese producer that included some SAB assets for sale.

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

It’s weird. Another Tuesday goes by and I’m still surprised at no news. How is this treatment of customers getting a pass in a company that wants people to buy an expansion this year (maybe)?

lordkrall.7241

It’s weird. Another Tuesday goes by and I’m still surprised at no news. How is this treatment of customers getting a pass in a company that wants people to buy an expansion this year (maybe)?

I would assume most people simply don’t care enough about SAB to let it effect their enjoyment of the game as a whole.

Not to mention the fact that anyone that actually paid any sort of attention were fully aware that it was temporary content and are now fully aware that it will come back but it is extremely unlikely that it will happen before the release of the expansion, due to lack of resources that can work on it.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

insanemaniac.2456

At the beginning of April there was a gimmick by the Chinese producer that included some SAB assets for sale.

lolkongzhang.

was it more than minis in bl chests? i dont really follow the chinese versions news.

ReV.6097

Although they have said all that they plan on telling us, i do agree with the others, that a little discussion here and there from the team would be nice. When HoT is done, a few posts talking about world 3 or just reviving SAB in general would be appreciated, even if it’s several months away.

And just a little response on this thread, to explain their ideas for world 3, would at least make it feel like I’m not gonna be viewing this thread for another year without a clue when they plan on looking into SAB again.

Legacy of Kain:

ReV.6097

On a cheerful, musical note.
Found this on an old post from one of the staff.
Time to chill out in-game with this in the background.

https://soundcloud.com/arenanet/sets/guild-wars-2-super-adventure

Legacy of Kain:

ReV.6097

You should all try this game, even one of the Anet staff tried it and enjoyed it.
Addictive, and has SAB music.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/creations/Web-game-Escape-from-Rata-Sum/first#post4995635

http://orikaru.net/ratascape

Legacy of Kain:

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

On a side note, just opened a BLC yesterday and got a Super Bee Dog.

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Kal Spiro.9745

Here is my proposal. Take seven people. It only took seven people to make the original SAB. Have those seven people fix whatever bugs have been introduced into SAB since it was last around. Do their best. It doesn’t need to be perfect, just playable. Make SAB function like the Queens Pavilion and the special Airship. You can only get in if you have a pass. In this case the pass is a coin. If you happen to have coins they’ll get you in as a one off. If you have an ICC you have permanent access.

There is no new content, but the only ones who can get in are the hard core fanatics who won’t care. People might complain that they can’t get an ICC, but at least the people who have one won’t be frothing about it all the time either.

They can spare seven people.

Posted by: Arcadeis.7492

Arcadeis.7492

I BELIEVE…….THE BOX WILL RETURN!

Unless Moto wants riots in Rata Sum. If the genie was to be believed, he got screwed by some in the city. Now, he just wants to watch it slowly burn as payback…..

Yaks Bend – New Tyria Federation [NTF] &
Superior Spirit of RAM [ROPE] – Guardian primary.
Legendaries made: Sunrise, The Bifrost, Juggernaut, Bolt

lordkrall.7241

But that is just the thing. The community have shown rather clearly that they will not accept any sort of delay, no matter if it is announced or not.
People keep bringing up the Precursor Hunt as an example, and yet they told us long before the deadline (before the end of the year) was over, and they gave us a reason for the delay. People simply refuse to acknowledge it. (The reason was that they are changing the reward system and thus the planned Precursor Hunt simply wouldn’t work in that new system.)

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

pelle ossa.9705

But that is just the thing. The community have shown rather clearly that they will not accept any sort of delay, no matter if it is announced or not.
People keep bringing up the Precursor Hunt as an example, and yet they told us long before the deadline (before the end of the year) was over, and they gave us a reason for the delay. People simply refuse to acknowledge it. (The reason was that they are changing the reward system and thus the planned Precursor Hunt simply wouldn’t work in that new system.)

i remember that…. if that was a real reason im a pink quaggan….

lordkrall.7241

See?
Even when they announce reasons for delays people simply claim that they are lying.

It is also rather silly to completely ignore the fact that the reward system is vastly different now compared to that announcement.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

See?
Even when they announce reasons for delays people simply claim that they are lying.

It is also rather silly to completely ignore the fact that the reward system is vastly different now compared to that announcement.

If people are going to complain either way, wouldn’t it be easier if they were complaining annndddd we had a release date for things?

pelle ossa.9705

See?

so they can’t even plan their stuff with logic (btw that change didn’t even was connect with precursor drop…)? i think they delayed a lot scavenger precursor , because precursor was connected with a lot of stuff in game economy and they had to find a way to balance it without destroy economy….

doombreaker.3710

i think they delayed a lot scavenger precursor , because precursor was connected with a lot of stuff in game economy and they had to find a way to balance it without destroy economy….

They should never care about that. Maybe this is one of the reasons why they don’t add SAB back. They don’t want to destroy the prizes of weapons

Posted by: BunjiKugashira.9754

BunjiKugashira.9754

Nope, planning ahead doesn’t seem to be ANet’s strong point. They’ve announced a lot of stuff that didn’t come afterwards. A lot of stuff that was announced sometime in the past is now announced for HoT again. I wonder how many of the announced features we’ll actually see in HoT.

BTT: Sadly I doubt we’ll see a SAB-release before HoT. This is one of those moments I wish I could just walk into ANet’s office, take a computer and do their job for them…

Shana Flamewielder
Sylvari Elementalist of [SFF]
Abaddons Maul

lordkrall.7241

so they can’t even plan their stuff with logic (btw that change didn’t even was connect with precursor drop…)? i think they delayed a lot scavenger precursor , because precursor was connected with a lot of stuff in game economy and they had to find a way to balance it without destroy economy….

Of course they can. But that doesn’t mean things can’t get changed or delayed. In fact releasing something despite they know there are better ways to do it just for the sake of releasing it would be stupid.
And yes, the changes to the reward systems are very much connected to the precursor hunt. Have you not read the blog? It is rather clear that it is heavily integrated with the Collections system, something that didn’t exist back then (but was probably being built around the time of the delay).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

lordkrall.7241

Nope, planning ahead doesn’t seem to be ANet’s strong point. They’ve announced a lot of stuff that didn’t come afterwards. A lot of stuff that was announced sometime in the past is now announced for HoT again. I wonder how many of the announced features we’ll actually see in HoT.

BTT: Sadly I doubt we’ll see a SAB-release before HoT. This is one of those moments I wish I could just walk into ANet’s office, take a computer and do their job for them…

What are all these “lot of stuff” that were announced and is not announced to be with HoT?
As far as I am aware there is only a single thing. The precursor hunt.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Therodin.2970

Third page sab is a sad thing to see.

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

I hate myself for buying that thing. Had i known it wouldnt be staying and wouldnt be coming back in a year i wouldnt have bought it at all.

And that’s exactly why they didn’t tell us: 80% of people [that did] wouldn’t have bought it. You can’t claim it wasn’t smart.
Oh, also not offering a refund because “you used it a little, right? was worth 600 gems!”
Yeah, right. /snort
I feel like such an idiot… got fooled like a rookie that never set foot on the internet before.