Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Started out as such a nice post, but then it just turned into yet another “SAB PLZZZZ”.

All roads lead to SAB

El Sabiablo

Therodin.2970

So if sab were put into the adventure stuff coming out with HOT, we could feasibly compare completion times with each other right?

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Started out as such a nice post, but then it just turned into yet another “SAB PLZZZZ”.

Well, I mean, this is the SAB thread.

You know what content I miss playing?

CANTHA!
CRYSTAL DESERT!
ELONA!

(in that order)

Me hopes they bring them back.

Technically they can’t bring them back because they have never existed in this game.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Well, I mean, this is the SAB thread.

It was its own thread before it got merged into this.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: cleabh.5308

cleabh.5308

Then you have obviously not spent enough time on these forums. People will complain about anything. If they announced that SAB was going to be permanently opened the forums would be full of people complaining that SAB is stupid and detracts from their enjoyment of the game because it doesn’t make sense. There are a whole slew of people who find SAB to be immersion breaking and can’t stand the idea of other people who enjoy it being able to play it.

I’ve heard this several times before, but the number of players who’d be angry about SAB having no new content is a fraction of those upset, right now, that it isn’t here. They certainly wouldn’t boycott the game because of it, which people are already doing because of the broken SAB promises.

If you want proof, compare this thread to the reactions to the repeat Wintersday or Halloween content. All people did was grumble a little about the holidays for a month or so. Whereas this thread has been pure disappointment and even hatred for over a year.

No matter how you look at it, it’s in Arenanet’s best interests to just bring World 1 and 2 back if at all possible.

(edited by cleabh.5308)

cleabh.5308

It’s weird. Another Tuesday goes by and I’m still surprised at no news. How is this treatment of customers getting a pass in a company that wants people to buy an expansion this year (maybe)?

I would assume most people simply don’t care enough about SAB to let it effect their enjoyment of the game as a whole.

Not to mention the fact that anyone that actually paid any sort of attention were fully aware that it was temporary content and are now fully aware that it will come back but it is extremely unlikely that it will happen before the release of the expansion, due to lack of resources that can work on it.

i would assume we don’t give a kitten about your useless posts
SAB or llama riot

Yeah, seriously. Why does lordkrall even post here?

Kal Spiro.9745

Then you have obviously not spent enough time on these forums. People will complain about anything. If they announced that SAB was going to be permanently opened the forums would be full of people complaining that SAB is stupid and detracts from their enjoyment of the game because it doesn’t make sense. There are a whole slew of people who find SAB to be immersion breaking and can’t stand the idea of other people who enjoy it being able to play it.

I’ve heard this several times before, but the number of players who’d be angry about SAB having no new content is a fraction of those upset, right now, that it isn’t here. They certainly wouldn’t boycott the game because of it, which people are already doing because of the broken SAB promises.

If you want proof, compare this thread to the reactions to the repeat Wintersday or Halloween content. All people did was grumble a little about the holidays for a month or so. Whereas this thread has been pure disappointment and even hatred for over a year.

No matter how you look at it, it’s in Arenanet’s best interests to just bring World 1 and 2 back if at all possible.

Because Wintersday and Halloween come back each year? And are only active for a month?

So what you’re saying is that people complain constantly while it is active, then stop complaining when it goes away. Since it comes back again as expected they don’t have a reason to start complaining about that.

Seems like this is more evidence that I’m right than that I’m wrong.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

cleabh.5308

Because Wintersday and Halloween come back each year? And are only active for a month?

So what you’re saying is that people complain constantly while it is active, then stop complaining when it goes away. Since it comes back again as expected they don’t have a reason to start complaining about that.

Not really. The bottom line is the reactions to recycled holidays aren’t nearly as bad as how people are feeling in this thread. So bringing back SAB, even worlds 1 and 2, would be to Arenanet’s advantage from a PR standpoint.

Kal Spiro.9745

Not really. The bottom line is the reactions to recycled holidays aren’t nearly as bad as how people are feeling in this thread. So bringing back SAB, even worlds 1 and 2, would be to Arenanet’s advantage from a PR standpoint.

How not really? I have seen just as many people threaten to leave the game for other random nonsense that “breaks their immersion,” as I have in this thread over the ICC. They simply don’t do it for as long because there is no cause to when those things don’t continue for two years straight.

The simple truth is, they don’t have the personnel, nor time to spare on it. They can’t even do what they need to do to fix the HoM so that people can access it again because of HoT, they definitely don’t have the resources to make sure SAB works.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Therodin.2970

How not really? I have seen just as many people threaten to leave the game for other random nonsense that “breaks their immersion,” as I have in this thread over the ICC. They simply don’t do it for as long because there is no cause to when those things don’t continue for two years straight.

The simple truth is, they don’t have the personnel, nor time to spare on it. They can’t even do what they need to do to fix the HoM so that people can access it again because of HoT, they definitely don’t have the resources to make sure SAB works.

It makes sense to be here if you miss sab or want to talk about ways to bring it back, but why are you always here arguing against it?

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

It makes sense to be here if you miss sab or want to talk about ways to bring it back, but why are you always here arguing against it?

Maybe because they don’t want dev time wasted on it. I know I know “just turn on w1 & 2!”.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Therodin.2970

Maybe because they don’t want dev time wasted on it. I know I know “just turn on w1 & 2!”.

“wasted” is a pretty mean way to describe dev time being spent making content that players have been asking for for over a year.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

“wasted” is a pretty mean way to describe dev time being spent making content that players have been asking for for over a year.

vocal minority

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

I think adding any sort of repeatable content between now and Heart of Thorns is a good move. It would draw players back and keep players playing, all the while getting that juicy HoT reveal information to make it that much sweeter. Not to mention the gem sales the would generate when releasing SAB with more infinite coins and other SAB related items. Sure, that content was here before, but it’s really nice to have it anyway as that ‘little extra’ to play.

Does anyone know at least why SAB never came back, and if it ever is? Google tells me the good old ’it’s not off the table’ comment about its re-release, but no reasons why it’s gone.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

lordkrall.7241

Does anyone know at least why SAB never came back, and if it ever is? Google tells me the good old ’it’s not off the table’ comment about its re-release, but no reasons why it’s gone.

It has been confirmed in this thread that it is coming back.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: minbariguy.7504

minbariguy.7504

It has also been confirmed by my weather rock that it is going to rain. That makes it totally reliable, right? I mean, it’ll rain eventually someday, right?

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

we still want SAB

Kal Spiro.9745

There is a big difference between arguing a point and arguing against a situation. Telling people that ANet doesn’t have people available to do something isn’t the same as telling people that you don’t want something done.

Also, every time I post, regardless of what I say, the SAB thread is bumped to the front page. That’s what actually matters. I support SAB, just look at my sig, of course I do. I just try to be reasonable and look at the situation from every available angle, not just my own bias.

Kal Spiro.9745

It has also been confirmed by my weather rock that it is going to rain. That makes it totally reliable, right? I mean, it’ll rain eventually someday, right?

Does your weather rock specifically control the weather? Did your weather rock create the weather in the first place? Is the weather contingent on your weather rock? Because all of those things are true of the relationship between SAB and ANet. As such, when ANet says it will be back I would say it is far more meaningful than whatever your rock has to say on the subject of weather.

Therodin.2970

Does your weather rock specifically control the weather? Did your weather rock create the weather in the first place? Is the weather contingent on your weather rock? Because all of those things are true of the relationship between SAB and ANet. As such, when ANet says it will be back I would say it is far more meaningful than whatever your rock has to say on the subject of weather.

How long does it have to take before you don’t believe that it is coming back?

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

While I believe SAB is going to come back eventually (way later than acceptable, and long after many of the fans have left), we do get shouted at a lot on the forum for taking ANet’s word as gospel. I don’t see why that rule changes here, apart from the fact that if they’re clinging on to it as an excuse not to refund the Infinite Continue Coin.

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

I find it awesome that this thread still stays alive.
Some how I fee that Anet just wants it to go away. My only questions is what will they not just open up SAB, since so many liked it?

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

Some how I fee that Anet just wants it to go away. My only questions is what will they not just open up SAB, since so many liked it?

because reasons without logic….

lordkrall.7241

Well for one there were plenty of people that disliked it as well, especially world 2.

It is also the matter of it simply not being a case of pushing a button and it will magically work.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I almost want it to come come back just so what I can see what all the kittening fuss is about.

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: steffen.4317

steffen.4317

whhhhaaaaaaat?! sab thread is on place 3. ok time for me to make a historical comment:

chrechrem

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAABBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB!!!!!!!!!!!!

ty for hearing me out

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

Meh, running out things to say tbh, it falls on death ears, and Anet have too much to do, so I’m ducking out until HoT is done, then I’ll claw their backs to get SAB in-game!

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Kal Spiro.9745

Well for one there were plenty of people that disliked it as well, especially world 2.

It is also the matter of it simply not being a case of pushing a button and it will magically work.

They also don’t have the personnel available right now to do anything that is not related to HoT. that was their choice, whether or not it’s a good one, but it’s the choice they made. HoT or nothing. The only thing that will be worked on and come out before HoT is skill/trait changes, which are also directly related to HoT because of specializations.

Posted by: Eulolia.2467

Eulolia.2467

This is good: Super Adventure Box is now available to explore on the Tyria 3D map viewer website!

Recreate the tribulation mode experience by closing and reopening your browser every 20 seconds?

(note to Arenanet: Bring back SAB, please.)

Subscribe for exciting guild wars 2 videos! https://www.youtube.com/user/eulololia/

Posted by: Gyler.8150

Gyler.8150

5 months since last content, still see no reason why they can’t just open it up and call it a year.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

This is good: Super Adventure Box is now available to explore on the Tyria 3D map viewer website!

Recreate the tribulation mode experience by closing and reopening your browser every 20 seconds?

(note to Arenanet: Bring back SAB, please.)

Wow someone worked hard there; impressive.

Posted by: Inimicus.7162

Inimicus.7162

BUT WAIT: There was a post by That-Shaman on the reddit that he had found some kind of new SAB looking giant bug monster, so the thing isn’t removed entirely from being worked on. If anything, it’s likely a side side side project being worked on during off hours by a few.

No new content? There is that farce of an outfit they just put out. ><

As for reopening Worlds 1 and 2 as they existed before, the best possible explanation I heard for this not happening at the moment was the possibility that changes either recently or in the near future could be effecting their ability to simply “reopen it.”

Also consider that they may be working on it as part of their Adventure system, which was stated as possibly giving rewards on older content like jumping puzzles, or possibly SAB? Which would make it part of something they are working on for HoT. And while I would love a confirmation one way or another, Anet keeps tight lipped about absolutely everything until they bork a livestream and leak something.

Just a voice of reason from a fellow SAB addict WHOS BEEN JONEZING FOR OVER A YEAR NOW…. Y-Y

BTW the World 2 stuff, it was crammed in with a boatload of other meta achievements to do also. And though the worlds were long, I would say they were actually in keeping with the 8-bit games they were meant to emulate, though probably as more of a later level kind of length than world 2/4. :/

Posted by: Silvy.3816

Silvy.3816

BUT WAIT: There was a post by That-Shaman on the reddit that he had found some kind of new SAB looking giant bug monster, so the thing isn’t removed entirely from being worked on. If anything, it’s likely a side side side project being worked on during off hours by a few.

I think it was “joke” for that_shaman and all SAB fans, like all these SAB minis in BLC.

Kal Spiro.9745

I’m actually a little worried that the China launch might interfere with their bringing back World 2, just like the prospect of China is the reason Cantha stopped being a thing.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

I’m actually a little worried that the China launch might interfere with their bringing back World 2, just like the prospect of China is the reason Cantha stopped being a thing.

But China GW2 is supposedly autonomous, so how could that be?

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

As for reopening Worlds 1 and 2 as they existed before

It’s still in game (technically) . That file that is used for the Tyria 3D exploration, shows all the collision models for all maps, and it’s saved in our current “.dat” file, within each of our GW2 folders.
SAB is still inside, somewhere, as it was before. Not sure if the Textures for it are there, but more than likely.

They just need to re-instate the content , check for bugs since the last time it was used, then make sure all the globals, Booleans, and other event commands work. Not much more after that.

The way I see it is, they don’t want it open until a new world is ready, or they don’t want it to mess with LW and the expansion story (maybe both).

I don’t see why they just can’t remove it completely from the LW story, and just bring it back out of the blue, anytime they need a content filler (each year), same with other old content.

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

(edited by ReV.6097)

Posted by: Bubi.7942

Bubi.7942

They also don’t have the personnel available right now to do anything that is not related to HoT. that was their choice, whether or not it’s a good one, but it’s the choice they made. HoT or nothing. The only thing that will be worked on and come out before HoT is skill/trait changes, which are also directly related to HoT because of specializations.

And then HoT comes out in let’s say, by the end of August / early September. And as we all guessed, no SAB until HoT.

You can bet your kitten that there will be no LS updates or anything (maybe bugfix updates) for 1.5-2 months. There’s enough new content, be happy with that, so no SAB.

And then… oh, it’s Halloween! Fire up those Lunatic Inquis farming AFK engines for the Return of the Bloody Prince again, who we see for the first time for some reason. Again. SAB? Nope.

And then… It’s Wintersday month! I guess no SAB, eh?

And then, a month’s break. Everyone needs a break sometimes.

And then LS3 will probably start somewhere in 2016 February. And as we all know, SAB doesn’t fit in the LS.

So…

SAB in 2017 maybe?

(edited by Bubi.7942)

Kal Spiro.9745

Could be

Therodin.2970

And then HoT comes out in let’s say, by the end of August / early September. And as we all guessed, no SAB until HoT.

You can bet your kitten that there will be no LS updates or anything (maybe bugfix updates) for 1.5-2 months. There’s enough new content, be happy with that, so no SAB.

And then… oh, it’s Halloween! Fire up those Lunatic Inquis farming AFK engines for the Return of the Bloody Prince again, who we see for the first time for some reason. Again. SAB? Nope.

And then… It’s Wintersday month! I guess no SAB, eh?

And then, a month’s break. Everyone needs a break sometimes.

And then LS3 will probably start somewhere in 2016 February. And as we all know, SAB doesn’t fit in the LS.

So…

SAB in 2017 maybe?

Well as valve and gabe newell have taught us, if enough people complain about something for long enough big companies might take a notice.

Posted by: Altoricus.3251

Altoricus.3251

Keep your hopes up. With the responses ANet has given, it’ll be back. When? WHO KNOWS?!?! But… some of us miss it and have a “little” programming knowledge. I posted earlier but it got one response so I’ll assume it got buried in the griping and “chill out” comments…

http://bit.ly/1bEtRrn PM me if you have ideas or suggestions but don’t hate too much as it’s slowly in the works (IRL > Games)

Posted by: Mantheren.5428

Mantheren.5428

Please bring this back as a boxed set of adventures, that would be super.
Not being able to continue on infinitely has been such a tribulation.

Casting us from the idyllic sunshine filled glades to the light deprived woods.
Leaving us here jumping on mushrooms for the attention of our majesty without a croak.

Hard to be heard over the top of the tempest of responses.
It hurts as we fall rapidly off this steep rocky incline.

The wish to collect baubles again and exchange them for skins might seem infantile.
But do not rob us of our desire to once again swim in sparking pools of baubles.

Our hope can not be vanquished, please allow us to continue jumping.
There is no need to keep this locked in a secret room.

We will be watching this space like owls.
Just waiting for a hoot on its return.

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

this has summed up the past year for me

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

Why is this still not returning?

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Therodin.2970

Why is this still not returning?

Because they apparently only have resources for HOT right now. No one to spare for anything else

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

here is an idea. instead of HoT, an expansion’s worth of content with just Super Adventure Box

Kal Spiro.9745

here is an idea. instead of HoT, an expansion’s worth of content with just Super Adventure Box

I want SAB themed elite specializations

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

I want a SAB theme WvW map…

Posted by: NickTheNortGreek.3162

NickTheNortGreek.3162

Have been months waiting to open again!! Come on anet :P !! pretty please?

Therodin.2970

I want SAB themed elite specializations

This please

Posted by: Manuhell.2759

Manuhell.2759

I want a SAB theme WvW map…

A SAB Tribulation mode map would be glorious (especially if the hidden paths were somehow randomly generated every match).

People dying here and there, unable to reach a keep or tower. Chaos would ensure. People would burn with rage.

Devs, you already know what to do for the next April 1st.