Posted by: Vissarion.6509

Vissarion.6509

5th page, need to come back :P

They called us TEMPESTs, but we can use our elite to cheat death instead

Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ReV.6097

ReV.6097

SAB pvp and a WvW map might actually make me want to do more pvp.
And imagine if there was an SAB fractual or dungeon map with it.
The hate from the Meta ragers would be crazy. :P

Dugeon people: “Y u kitten put that 3D stuff with my speed runs!!! QQQQQQ”
WvW: “Why put that pve crap in WVW FFS!!!”
Frac: “You made fractuals too hard now!”
PvP " Great PvP xD ".

GW2 Role Play Deviant art -
Legacy of Kain:
[link]http://fav.me/d8kgamy[/link]

Posted by: mchr.5374

mchr.5374

Why is this still not returning?

Because they apparently only have resources for HOT right now. No one to spare for anything else

that really aint an excuse they could perfectly fine bringing it back with no extras. it would give people a chance to get the SAB skins again
due to my limited play time i only managed to get 1 King toad weapon.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

that really aint an excuse they could perfectly fine bringing it back with no extras. it would give people a chance to get the SAB skins again

And yet it is very naive to think that they can just push a button and SAB is back working as intended.

There have been a massive amount of changes to the game and the engine since SAB was last available. So at the very least they would have to take people to test that it still work as intended and at the worst they would have to spend weeks if not more to fix issues that have turned up. Weeks that would have to be taken away from preparing the HoT launch.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

mchr.5374

And yet it is very naive to think that they can just push a button and SAB is back working as intended.

There have been a massive amount of changes to the game and the engine since SAB was last available. So at the very least they would have to take people to test that it still work as intended and at the worst they would have to spend weeks if not more to fix issues that have turned up. Weeks that would have to be taken away from preparing the HoT launch.

Well ofcourse its not just pushing a button. but taking a few people a day or two so see if it is actually works properly or not goes a long way and then give us an Actual reply after that. now that theres nothing “happening” in the game via living world or what not would more or less be an ideal time to bring back such things. atleast in my opinion

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

And would anyone here actually accept a reply that said: “No we can’t add it right now due to lack of resource?”
I find that rather unlikely.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

mchr.5374

Personally I would like a reply why it dont work and they can’t bring it back atm. instead of nothing at all

Posted by: Wolfheart.1938

Wolfheart.1938

And would anyone here actually accept a reply that said: “No we can’t add it right now due to lack of resource?”

I would too so you failed yet another attempt at crystalballing, but thanks for playing

“We have no first-person view because stupid people would lock into it”
“You can’t have more than 10 HS decks because that would confuse people”
“30 fps is more cinematic”

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

If a dev got on here and said hey guys i just loaded up W1 and 2 to check out how it fairs in the current build and right off the bat i noticed these game breaking problems:1.2.3.
I dont know when we will be able to get to them but thats why w1 and 2 cant come back. i think if a dev did that that mass majority of people here would be gratefull

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

So then make an event of it. Let players bug test it, and then take one or two people to work out the kinks.

call it SAB: Glitch in the System

inb4 “People would complain”

Therodin.2970

So then make an event of it. Let players bug test it, and then take one or two people to work out the kinks.

call it SAB: Glitch in the System

inb4 “People would complain”

I’d be fine with beta testing W1&2 on the current game build.

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

If a dev got on here and said hey guys i just loaded up W1 and 2 to check out how it fairs in the current build and right off the bat i noticed these game breaking problems:1.2.3.
I dont know when we will be able to get to them but thats why w1 and 2 cant come back. i think if a dev did that that mass majority of people here would be gratefull

That is so Naïve it’s adorable. As is the case in EVERY SINGLE thread in which a dev has said almost exactly the same thing about anything in the game the posts that immediately followed would be positive, “Thanks for the update, do your best, we believe.” In short order the posts would start turning, “What are you guys doing? You should have done this ages ago? You’re doing everything wrong.” Things would stabilize with people telling off other people that they told us, others claiming they lied to us, and we’d just be right back where we started saying, “Why isn’t it done yet?”

The best they could do would be to give us an imaginary number for a minimum release time, like they did for personal story changes. That way all complaints and questions get shut down immediately by player that are acting as a personal count down timer. Once the timer runs out they still have the buffer of, “Well it was minimum time, they didn’t give us maximum time.”

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Therodin.2970

That is so Naïve it’s adorable. As is the case in EVERY SINGLE thread in which a dev has said almost exactly the same thing about anything in the game the posts that immediately followed would be positive, “Thanks for the update, do your best, we believe.” In short order the posts would start turning, “What are you guys doing? You should have done this ages ago? You’re doing everything wrong.” Things would stabilize with people telling off other people that they told us, others claiming they lied to us, and we’d just be right back where we started saying, “Why isn’t it done yet?”

The best they could do would be to give us an imaginary number for a minimum release time, like they did for personal story changes. That way all complaints and questions get shut down immediately by player that are acting as a personal count down timer. Once the timer runs out they still have the buffer of, “Well it was minimum time, they didn’t give us maximum time.”

You don’t think people have a right to expect service in a timely manner? If the waiter told you your food was going to be late, you’d thank him and probably be perfectly polite waiting but when it continued to not show up you would justifiably start to get irritated.

Kal Spiro.9745

You don’t think people have a right to expect service in a timely manner? If the waiter told you your food was going to be late, you’d thank him and probably be perfectly polite waiting but when it continued to not show up you would justifiably start to get irritated.

You misunderstand, that would all take at most a week. The positive posts would burn out within the first page after the statement, the negative posts and subsequent arguments would go on for a couple pages before business as usual.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: CrashTestAuto.9108

CrashTestAuto.9108

You misunderstand, that would all take at most a week. The positive posts would burn out within the first page after the statement, the negative posts and subsequent arguments would go on for a couple pages before business as usual.

Even assuming your prediction was accurate, it doesn’t justify ANet’s behaviour. They’re providing a bad customer service. Just because actually providing a good customer service might not please everyone, that doesn’t somehow alleviate them from that responsibility.

It would take ten minutes for someone who knows what is going on to post here letting us know. That would appease a large number of their customers, and in particular the ones who bought the infinite continue coin who are not receiving a service they paid money for. Even if it doesn’t solve every problem in the world, its common decency.

Kal Spiro.9745

Even assuming your prediction was accurate, it doesn’t justify ANet’s behaviour. They’re providing a bad customer service. Just because actually providing a good customer service might not please everyone, that doesn’t somehow alleviate them from that responsibility.

It would take ten minutes for someone who knows what is going on to post here letting us know. That would appease a large number of their customers, and in particular the ones who bought the infinite continue coin who are not receiving a service they paid money for. Even if it doesn’t solve every problem in the world, its common decency.

And if the answer is, “Nothing has changed as of the previous answer.” Would you be satisfied? How often do they need to “update” us, regardless of what the answer is, for acceptable “customer service?” It isn’t customer service, by the way. They don’t actually owe us an answer, regardless of how much you might want one. They don’t owe us anything, regardless of whether or not you feel gipped for a purchase that would eventually effectively time out. That’s why I bought it with gold instead of cash.

Therodin.2970

And if the answer is, “Nothing has changed as of the previous answer.” Would you be satisfied? How often do they need to “update” us, regardless of what the answer is, for acceptable “customer service?” It isn’t customer service, by the way. They don’t actually owe us an answer, regardless of how much you might want one. They don’t owe us anything, regardless of whether or not you feel gipped for a purchase that would eventually effectively time out. That’s why I bought it with gold instead of cash.

“nothing has changed since the previous answer” is bad customer service when the last answer also didn’t give us any good information. Good not being information that specifically said SAB was coming back but information that told us anything. “SAB will come back at some point” is not helpful information. If they can’t give us a date becuase they don’t know, thats fine with me but i would appreciate it if someone said this is why we can’t bring back W1 &2. We speculate it’s because updates since its release might have rendered it unplayable or broken in some way but we don’t even know that for sure.

Kal Spiro.9745

“nothing has changed since the previous answer” is bad customer service when the last answer also didn’t give us any good information. Good not being information that specifically said SAB was coming back but information that told us anything. “SAB will come back at some point” is not helpful information. If they can’t give us a date becuase they don’t know, thats fine with me but i would appreciate it if someone said this is why we can’t bring back W1 &2. We speculate it’s because updates since its release might have rendered it unplayable or broken in some way but we don’t even know that for sure.

Giving helpful information isn’t the same as good customer service. If the answer is, “I have no more information for you, and I cannot get better information than that because that is the state of things right now,” then that’s the best you can have. It isn’t good information, but it’s the best available information.

The answer to my question, though, was obviously that you would not be satisfied. So, since that is probably the answer we’ll get, and you won’t be satisfied with it, why bother saying it at all?

Posted by: Sinbold.8723

Sinbold.8723

The lack of logic here is tragic. Let’s try a substitution and see if a set of arguments above are valid. Let us accept this in place of the SAB situation: “Anet has shut down Guild Wars 2 until further notice. Devs have said they are working on other things for the game, and although GW2 will return, they will not give a specific date. No refunds will be given to people who have purchased the game.”

Customer base: “But… we paid money to play your game.”

Forum posters respond with:
“And yet it is very naive to think that they can just push a button and GW2 is back working as intended. There have been a massive amount of changes to the game and the engine since GW2 was last available. So at the very least they would have to take people to test that it still work as intended and at the worst they would have to spend weeks if not more to fix issues that have turned up. Weeks that would have to be taken away from preparing the HoT launch.”

Customer base: “Can we get an answer from Anet, cuz, you know, good customer service?”

“Giving helpful information isn’t the same as good customer service. Obviously you would not be satisfied with any answer given, so why bother responding at all?”

Kal Spiro.9745

The lack of logic here is tragic. Let’s try a substitution and see if a set of arguments above are valid. Let us accept this in place of the SAB situation: “Anet has shut down Guild Wars 2 until further notice. Devs have said they are working on other things for the game, and although GW2 will return, they will not give a specific date. No refunds will be given to people who have purchased the game.”

Customer base: “But… we paid money to play your game.”

“And yet it is very naive to think that they can just push a button and GW2 is back working as intended. There have been a massive amount of changes to the game and the engine since GW2 was last available. So at the very least they would have to take people to test that it still work as intended and at the worst they would have to spend weeks if not more to fix issues that have turned up. Weeks that would have to be taken away from preparing the HoT launch.”

Customer base: “Can we get an answer from Anet, cuz, you know, good customer service?”

“Giving helpful information isn’t the same as good customer service. Obviously you would not be satisfied with any answer given, so why bother responding at all?”

This doesn’t even approach being a meaningful argument. The scale is absolutely absurd. There is a HUGE difference between shutting down temporary content for an indeterminate period of time and shutting down all the content. There is also a difference between paying for an item that is known to be for temporary content, which can potentially be purchased without the use of real money, and purchasing a game.

So no, this doesn’t work.

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

The problem is that Anet is treating SAB like it is living story content (thus removing it from the game once it’s out for a few weeks) while in fact it isn’t living story content according to their own admission.

Blinded by the ideology of temporary content during the living story season 1 they have removed content that should have remained permanent.

If I were them and I had a thread like this on my forum reaching near 100000 views, near 50 pages and near 2500 replies, I would take a hint and release the past SAB content without hesitation. Specially since (1) they are losing players because of the lack of new content and (2) because they sold an item related to that content.

Kal Spiro.9745

I never would have removed it in the first place. It’s the only content that involved a permanent addition to the game, in the Box and Moto, that did not remain playable. Southsun stayed. Mini games like Sanctum Sprint and the Drinking game stayed. SAB placed an asset in Rata Sum right by the entrance from LA and yet it is inaccessible. It makes no sense.

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

it is sad, no SAB, no new contents, what do i do!!!!!
wvw and pvp getting boring to me too~

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

Posted by: insanemaniac.2456

insanemaniac.2456

can always try another game, i tried tera cuz anet isnt putting out. gunner is pretty fun / really op while levelling and fairly similar to engi, so you can do most of pve ignoring the holy trinity cuz gunner has self sustain.

its really given me an appreciation for wps, the tp, and the lfg. but the combo button is really nifty.

JQ: Rikkity
head here to discuss wvw without fear of infractions

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

Man, they must be so understaffed. Like, that’s the only possible explanation. No pavillion, no zephyr whatever, no sab, nothing till HoT because their entire forces are busy on the xpac. Nothing to play ‘til it comes out. They wouldn’t even be new content! And anet can’t spare any workforce to reintroduce them and keep the ravaging masses entertained.
This tells me that they’re struggling. A lot.
/shrug their loss, I wont’ buy another infinite continue scam or any similar stuff.

Xillllix.3485

Man, they must be so understaffed. Like, that’s the only possible explanation. No pavillion, no zephyr whatever, no sab, nothing till HoT because their entire forces are busy on the xpac. Nothing to play ‘til it comes out. They wouldn’t even be new content! And anet can’t spare any workforce to reintroduce them and keep the ravaging masses entertained.
This tells me that they’re struggling. A lot.
/shrug their loss, I wont’ buy another infinite continue scam or any similar stuff.

Put yourself in the shoes of the management:
- Game is out, you make the most revenues the first year
- afterwards you make even more millions selling gem store items —> move a large part of the team to cosmetic outfits and redesign the game for new players, keep a few on the living story
- must start preparation for next game at least 3 years ahead and build the engine, dedicate a large part of the team for that future project, make a small expansion with the remaining team (and perhaps more small expansion in the future)

That said, in a situation like this on 300 employees it’s easy to imagine that they have something like:
150 working on assets for the next game
50 doing maintenance, fixing bugs and customer support
50 managing the teams
50 doing the expansion, the gem content, and everything related to the content of GW2

I could be totally wrong, but this is what I think is going and why even something as obvious as putting SAB back (without adding new content) seems completely impossible: They probably just don’t have any margin left to do anything outside of the job that needs to be done for HoT.

Basically there is nobody at Anet to answer our request with actual results.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

Remember that one time, when we had a thread with over 78,000 views, but Anet was oblivious to it…

*flips continue coin as if there was a 50/50 chance of something

Therodin.2970

oh sab, where art thou?

Kal Spiro.9745

That said, in a situation like this on 300 employees it’s easy to imagine that they have something like:
50 managing the teams
50 doing the expansion, the gem content, and everything related to the content of GW2

I could be totally wrong, but this is what I think is going and why even something as obvious as putting SAB back (without adding new content) seems completely impossible: They probably just don’t have any margin left to do anything outside of the job that needs to be done for HoT.

This is definitely not how a game company is broken up, also they definitely have people whose only job is actually to be able to answer these. It’s just that the answer they have to give is the same as the one we already have.

Therodin.2970

50 managing the teams

This is definitely not how a game company is broken up, also they definitely have people whose only job is actually to be able to answer these. It’s just that the answer they have to give is the same as the one we already have.

yeah but someone somewhere made the decision to not work on SAB right? They either decided that they wouldn’t make enough money or that there were not enough people that cared about it, right? So i think the point of all of us complaining and giving out ideas on how to monetize this is to try to convince those people that they made the wrong choice.

Kal Spiro.9745

50 managing the teams

yeah but someone somewhere made the decision to not work on SAB right? They either decided that they wouldn’t make enough money or that there were not enough people that cared about it, right? So i think the point of all of us complaining and giving out ideas on how to monetize this is to try to convince those people that they made the wrong choice.

No, what they decided is that they have a series of things they want to get taken care of before SAB. Previous to initiating the expansion they could have put the SAB team on SAB. Instead they probably have the SAB team start the work on the expansion. As the living world teams completed their work on their specific updates they each got transitioned to the expansion work. The only team left is the one that is working on re-rearranging the personal story and redesigning the trait system. Once that feature patch is completed it’s unclear what those guys will be set to do, but I guarantee it’s not going to be SAB.

It isn’t a matter of saying, ok, we’re not doing SAB anymore. They’ve prioritized the expansion above everything else and are using all of their assets on that goal. Once it’s ready they can reorganize their people into a position that would allow for SAB, it just hasn’t happened yet, and won’t happen for a while.

insanemaniac.2456

No, what they decided is that they have a series of things they want to get taken care of before SAB. Previous to initiating the expansion they could have put the SAB team on SAB. Instead they probably have the SAB team start the work on the expansion. As the living world teams completed their work on their specific updates they each got transitioned to the expansion work. The only team left is the one that is working on re-rearranging the personal story and redesigning the trait system. Once that feature patch is completed it’s unclear what those guys will be set to do, but I guarantee it’s not going to be SAB.

It isn’t a matter of saying, ok, we’re not doing SAB anymore. They’ve prioritized the expansion above everything else and are using all of their assets on that goal. Once it’s ready they can reorganize their people into a position that would allow for SAB, it just hasn’t happened yet, and won’t happen for a while.

aint no probably about it. josh foreman was the lead designer of sab, and theres a team behind/around him of course, but idk who they are. they were wrangling with the game’s physics engine to make things work in sab, and out of that initial work came zephyr sanctum and later dry top. then he/they got busy with silverwastes and its jump puzzle(s) (i think, but by that time hed been long since shut off from us). the expansion’s maps are gonna have tons and tons of the same verticality elements of dt/sw/zephyr sanctum, so it seems clear, at least to me, whos working on that… and unfortunately they arent working on sab.

Posted by: Genlog.4983

Genlog.4983

i stile hope Anet brings SAB back and i also want this back
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imvNuliUfi0 i so much love that
big zerg killing bosses ^^

sadly Anet focus to much on PVP events

Posted by: MrWubzy.3587

MrWubzy.3587

aint no probably about it. josh foreman was the lead designer of sab, and theres a team behind/around him of course, but idk who they are. they were wrangling with the game’s physics engine to make things work in sab, and out of that initial work came zephyr sanctum and later dry top. then he/they got busy with silverwastes and its jump puzzle(s) (i think, but by that time hed been long since shut off from us). the expansion’s maps are gonna have tons and tons of the same verticality elements of dt/sw/zephyr sanctum, so it seems clear, at least to me, whos working on that… and unfortunately they arent working on sab.

This just makes HoT sound even better, knowing that the guy who designed the SW JP is working on the new maps, too. Maybe SAB will relaunch when HoT drops? I certainly hope so.

| Biyx [Guardian] ; Aika Vonelli [Ranger] |
| Proud roleplayer! |
| Biyx’s All-For-Nothing Challenge |

Posted by: deSade.9437

deSade.9437

It’s weird because sab had a lot of resonance in the gaming world and many players/bloggers/game reviewers talked about it and were interested in its implementation.
Weird.
Going to bed with sab thoughts in my head.
/wave

Xillllix.3485

It’s weird because sab had a lot of resonance in the gaming world and many players/bloggers/game reviewers talked about it and were interested in its implementation.
Weird.
Going to bed with sab thoughts in my head.
/wave

Some sites even called it the “MMO Expansion of the year”. Not sure why they would let it dry out after that level of success.

insanemaniac.2456

This just makes HoT sound even better, knowing that the guy who designed the SW JP is working on the new maps, too. Maybe SAB will relaunch when HoT drops? I certainly hope so.

everything josh foreman & co. touch is pretty much guaranteed amazing, but i think someone suffered too much disappointment after world 2 to ever want to touch sab again ><

Therodin.2970

50 managing the teams

Whatever the decision was, they made a decision that is making it so we do not get to play sab. What is the problem with trying to tell them that that decision is a bad one?

Kal Spiro.9745

50 managing the teams

Whatever the decision was, they made a decision that is making it so we do not get to play sab. What is the problem with trying to tell them that that decision is a bad one?

Nothing, though it’s unclear if it’s actually a bad decision. It’s a decision that we don’t like the immediate outcome of, but it may be a necessary decision for the company that would have more dire outcomes if they didn’t uphold it. Because, again, the decision is not to do SAB or to not do SAB. The decision is what to do, right now, instead of SAB and when to get back to SAB in the future.

Therodin.2970

50 managing the teams

Nothing, though it’s unclear if it’s actually a bad decision. It’s a decision that we don’t like the immediate outcome of, but it may be a necessary decision for the company that would have more dire outcomes if they didn’t uphold it. Because, again, the decision is not to do SAB or to not do SAB. The decision is what to do, right now, instead of SAB and when to get back to SAB in the future.

“Because, again, the decision is not to do SAB or to not do SAB. "
So with that you are saying that you believe there is not a single person at arenanet who could decide to start working on sab tomorrow?

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

Just let us Buy passes until it gets update… 35gems 1day, 150 gems 5days.

SAB or RIOT

Posted by: mortrialus.3062

mortrialus.3062

There is no reason Super Adventure Box shouldn’t just be permanent content at this point unless they’re actually committed to making it a yearly festival which they clearly aren’t. They’re too attached to the Living World Season 1 mindset, which was never a great mindset to begin with.

It would make so many people happy if we had something like Super Adventure Box to tide us over until Heart of Thorns finally comes out. They don’t even need to update it. I don’t really get to play it when it came out and am dying for a chance to really get into it again.

(edited by mortrialus.3062)

Kal Spiro.9745

50 managing the teams

So with that you are saying that you believe there is not a single person at arenanet who could decide to start working on sab tomorrow?

Are you intentionally missing the point? Doing SAB right now is not on the table. It has never been on the table. There is no one at ANet who could, would nor should say, “Forget what you’re doing on the expansion, do SAB right now.” That is an absurd scenario.

That is why do it or not isn’t the decision being made.

Therodin.2970

50 managing the teams

Are you intentionally missing the point? Doing SAB right now is not on the table. It has never been on the table. There is no one at ANet who could, would nor should say, “Forget what you’re doing on the expansion, do SAB right now.” That is an absurd scenario.

That is why do it or not isn’t the decision being made.

Why are you so sure? I speculate because i don’t get to sit in at the anet meetings.

insanemaniac.2456

Why are you so sure? I speculate because i don’t get to sit in at the anet meetings.

have you seen the verdant brink map?

Posted by: Fyrebrand.4859

Fyrebrand.4859

There is no reason Super Adventure Box shouldn’t just be permanent content at this point unless they’re actually committed to making it a yearly festival which they clearly aren’t. They’re too attached to the Living World Season 1 mindset, which was never a great mindset to begin with.

It would make so many people happy if we had something like Super Adventure Box to tide us over until Heart of Thorns finally comes out. They don’t even need to update it. I don’t really get to play it when it came out and am dying for a chance to really get into it again.

I wouldn’t even say they’re still in “the Living World Season 1 mindset,” as they clearly grew out of that mindset with Season 2 being permanently available. At least with Season 1, they have the excuse that all those events were tied to real-time situations and stories, open-world events, and it wouldn’t really be possible to bring them back in the same way without it being anachronistic and contradictory.

In SAB’s case, there is nothing about it that ties it to a specific world state, period, or time of the year. SAB wasn’t destroyed at any point. Nothing happened in the world of Tyria to disrupt of deactivate it. It’s not being held captive by Mordremoth. It didn’t run on Zhaitan batteries. There is literally no good reason why SAB shouldn’t be in the game, right now. Even if ANet doesn’t want to actively work on new worlds for SAB, that is no reason to block off access to what was already finished — especially when so many people are clamoring for it, and are strongly disappointed in the company’s decision (not to mention those who bought the Infinite Continue Coin).

There are some people who offer the rather silly excuse that “If they made it permanent, people would eventually get bored and not play it.” Frankly, that is an insane thing to say — you might as well say the same thing about every single thing in GW2. No new exp-mode paths for dungeons? Better remove dungeons from the game, then, before people get bored! No new events in Frostgorge? Bin it! No new ranger pets? Remove pets from the game. No new factals in development? DELETE!

Anyone who doesn’t enjoy SAB doesn’t have to play it. It wouldn’t be doing the game any harm, to just be there, available for those who enjoy it. Furthermore, if it were permanent and not on a limited-time basis, then we could actually enjoy playing it at our leisure, rather than worry about begrudgingly farming it as much as humanly possible before it disappears for another 2 years.

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

I wouldn’t even say they’re still in “the Living World Season 1 mindset,” as they clearly grew out of that mindset with Season 2 being permanently available. At least with Season 1, they have the excuse that all those events were tied to real-time situations and stories, open-world events, and it wouldn’t really be possible to bring them back in the same way without it being anachronistic and contradictory.

In SAB’s case, there is nothing about it that ties it to a specific world state, period, or time of the year. SAB wasn’t destroyed at any point. Nothing happened in the world of Tyria to disrupt of deactivate it. It’s not being held captive by Mordremoth. It didn’t run on Zhaitan batteries. There is literally no good reason why SAB shouldn’t be in the game, right now. Even if ANet doesn’t want to actively work on new worlds for SAB, that is no reason to block off access to what was already finished — especially when so many people are clamoring for it, and are strongly disappointed in the company’s decision (not to mention those who bought the Infinite Continue Coin).

There are some people who offer the rather silly excuse that “If they made it permanent, people would eventually get bored and not play it.” Frankly, that is an insane thing to say — you might as well say the same thing about every single thing in GW2. No new exp-mode paths for dungeons? Better remove dungeons from the game, then, before people get bored! No new events in Frostgorge? Bin it! No new ranger pets? Remove pets from the game. No new factals in development? DELETE!

Anyone who doesn’t enjoy SAB doesn’t have to play it. It wouldn’t be doing the game any harm, to just be there, available for those who enjoy it. Furthermore, if it were permanent and not on a limited-time basis, then we could actually enjoy playing it at our leisure, rather than worry about begrudgingly farming it as much as humanly possible before it disappears for another 2 years.

everything in this post

Kal Spiro.9745

The only, even partially, reasonable argument I can give is that you don’t actually gain anything from SAB. You don’t get xp from SAB, you don’t get gold, nor karma. You only get baubles which can only be spent on things within the game. Of course you also get skins, and skins are usually a good enough reason.

Dungeons give you xp, gold, karma, skins and other junk. So do Fractals. So does Frostgorge. Pets are a combat mechanic of a class. So the comparison doesn’t exactly work.

Personally I don’t care if anyone plays it though, it’s an instanced game, so I’m just playing it by myself regardless. I don’t need any of that other stuff, I just want to play the game. I also don’t know that it should be made a legitimate play type such that you could level up in SAB and get gold and all that. I like that it’s a minigame that has none of that extra stuff. It kind of reminds me of when they introduced Bejeweled to EverQuest as a thing to do while you waited for your camp to spawn.

(edited by Kal Spiro.9745)

Posted by: Kitten Commander.8952

Kitten Commander.8952

I used to think that leaving it in the game “as-is” wouldn’t do any harm, and what possible reason could they have for not leaving it in..?

My main guess at this point is that, remembering the grand clusterkitten that was debugging and just generally taking care of the area at the time, maybe maintenance itself to keep it running just takes too much manpower. At this time they likely need everyone on board with HoT to keep things on track.

Till whatever distant time when/if it comes back, I will continue to curl up with my SAB boombox and quietly cry myself to sleep every night.

Posted by: MarkoNS.3261

MarkoNS.3261

Seeing as colin said sab is coming back can we have some info when ?