Super Adventure Box [merged]

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

Seeing as colin said sab is coming back can we have some info when ?

Not until after HoT.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

Posted by: doombreaker.3710

doombreaker.3710

Not until after HoT.

And you can assume that LW3 is coming after the expansion => No SAB in 2015 probably.

Posted by: Therodin.2970

Therodin.2970

Not until after HoT.

And you can assume that LW3 is coming after the expansion => No SAB in 2015 probably.

And of course we can not have sab during LWS3 because that would not fit in with the living story. Luckily im sure the plant dragon will take a quick break for holidays.

Posted by: Brutal Arc.4236

Brutal Arc.4236

SAB School’s Out. June 2nd or 9th take your pick.

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

So i haven’t play gw2 in awhile and i was looking around before HOT (whenever that will come out) and see this old thread and trying to figure out why SAB isn’t in the game. Well i think the reason is quite simple its money or cost of sever space for it, after playing for 2 years+ and being mostly pve player i notice how the game developers minimize everything they can inside the game and when the make something to increase efficiency of the game profit/revenue.

I don’t blame developers for cutting slices of cake from the game only doing what they are told to help the game be as profitable as it can be with reduced cost in development and after it. What i am getting to is that SAB isn’t in the game because it will cost extra money for server maintenance without increasing the revenue to Anet, and they couldn’t or didn’t figure a way to increase their income from the gem store with SAB related item in a steady flow as long as it is up (permanently), more than it cost to have the mini game online.

While i do understand they want to be make as much money as possible this is a slap in the face for everyone who want to enjoy the game. You may call me tinfoil hat lunatic ,but the amount of content released make me believe that SAB is out of the game because it cost a lot of money to keep private instance for as many player that play SAB currently (beside the starting hub).

The best way to bring SAB back is to think how Anet think on how to make a profit. I don’t expect to see new world soon but just having the old ones with tribulation mode can add dozens of hours to the game with grinding all the weapon skins. On how to do this i am yet sure , this is why i am saying my opinion here and hoping other want SAB back and we can think together on a way to resurrect it from the pixel tomb.

One last note to Anet. I am not attacking you or your methods, but i am just being honest with myself and other players i am here to enjoy playing the game ( or will again) and i want what i like most back.

~phew that was long , do leave a message after the text wall.

Therodin.2970

So i haven’t play gw2 in awhile and i was looking around before HOT (whenever that will come out) and see this old thread and trying to figure out why SAB isn’t in the game. Well i think the reason is quite simple its money or cost of sever space for it, after playing for 2 years+ and being mostly pve player i notice how the game developers minimize everything they can inside the game and when the make something to increase efficiency of the game profit/revenue.

I don’t blame developers for cutting slices of cake from the game only doing what they are told to help the game be as profitable as it can be with reduced cost in development and after it. What i am getting to is that SAB isn’t in the game because it will cost extra money for server maintenance without increasing the revenue to Anet, and they couldn’t or didn’t figure a way to increase their income from the gem store with SAB related item in a steady flow as long as it is up (permanently), more than it cost to have the mini game online.

While i do understand they want to be make as much money as possible this is a slap in the face for everyone who want to enjoy the game. You may call me tinfoil hat lunatic ,but the amount of content released make me believe that SAB is out of the game because it cost a lot of money to keep private instance for as many player that play SAB currently (beside the starting hub).

The best way to bring SAB back is to think how Anet think on how to make a profit. I don’t expect to see new world soon but just having the old ones with tribulation mode can add dozens of hours to the game with grinding all the weapon skins. On how to do this i am yet sure , this is why i am saying my opinion here and hoping other want SAB back and we can think together on a way to resurrect it from the pixel tomb.

One last note to Anet. I am not attacking you or your methods, but i am just being honest with myself and other players i am here to enjoy playing the game ( or will again) and i want what i like most back.

~phew that was long , do leave a message after the text wall.

If that were true then they would have removed dungeons from the game long ago. Thanks for the input though! People talking about sab is better than people ignoring it. There have been some pretty good suggestions already in this thread about how to monetize sab. The minis, selling W3 as a gemstore purchase, Selling something that lets you always access sab like with the captains airship pass.

Posted by: Brutal Arc.4236

Brutal Arc.4236

There has never been a better time to update and release SAB. There is absolutley nothing going on in game that pertains to Living Story, HoT, etc. June is a perfect filler month at this point. Also since it has been 2 years-ish, you would think they’d spend at least a day out of the month to work on (for fun or something) just for an occasion such as this one. Also I do believe it will never stay just becasue they don’t want it to engulf the community and takeoever GW2. I mean, even if I had all the skins, achievements, minis, etc. I’d still go afk in the hub or speedrun the different maps, etc. Anet actually created repeatable content, that is rewarding and incredibly fun. (Not to shun their other content, it’s just very rare to see that spark).

Posted by: IrishPotato.6327

IrishPotato.6327

Spoiler alert heart of maguuma is just a cleverly disguised SAB world 3…………I JUST WANT IT BACK

Therodin.2970

Hot release date set for april 1 2016, Hot turns out to just be SAB W1,2,3, and 4.

Posted by: ordeal.9145

ordeal.9145

If that were true then they would have removed dungeons from the game long ago. Thanks for the input though! People talking about sab is better than people ignoring it. There have been some pretty good suggestions already in this thread about how to monetize sab. The minis, selling W3 as a gemstore purchase, Selling something that lets you always access sab like with the captains airship pass.

Are dungeon so much dead that players dont play them these days? in any case dungeon are part of the core game from release and part of what you buy the base game, not to mention that the basic 8 dungeons are directly involve with the game story removing them will make the story from 1-80 realy confusing.

Man i wish they just put it back i would play sab for hours

Kal Spiro.9745

Are dungeon so much dead that players dont play them these days? in any case dungeon are part of the core game from release and part of what you buy the base game, not to mention that the basic 8 dungeons are directly involve with the game story removing them will make the story from 1-80 realy confusing.

Man i wish they just put it back i would play sab for hours

Someone must being running dungeons. I’ve never had a very long wait to join a dungeon pug.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

It looks like Trion has an mmo that will fulfill the need for SAB.

https://www.trovegame.com/landing/

Posted by: Jordo.5913

Jordo.5913

In the Point of Interest right now, they have blurred the world events corner so that we cannot see what it says.

However the very top option looks what could be Super Adventure Box! Twitch chat exploded with it!

Get hyped!

edit: After a short break, and after seeing twitch chat explode, they now have a permanent PoI picture blocking the blurred text! Get ready for SAB soon boys!

(edited by Jordo.5913)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Get hyped so your hopes may be dashed to tiny pieces.

Jordo.5913

Well considering after everyone called out SAB in twitch, they now have a permanent picture over it so we can’t see it at all!

Posted by: Ralanost.8913

Ralanost.8913

Maybe they just play it internally and have no plans to re-release it? Ever thought about that? No sense in needlessly getting your hopes up. Unless you like to be disappointed.

Jordo.5913

Maybe they just play it internally and have no plans to re-release it? Ever thought about that? No sense in needlessly getting your hopes up. Unless you like to be disappointed.

except recently they were showing something off and it gave away the “Year of the Ram” event ahead of time, but they felt that wasn’t gamebreaking enough to blur

a big world event is coming, and they tried to blur it out to keep it from getting leaked, but the blur effect wasn’t that great and you could still make out Super Adventure Box in the top right corner

Posted by: Andraus.3874

Andraus.3874

I heard they broke it with an update and don’t have the resources to fix it. That was mentioned some time ago now tho. And I am definitely too lazy to find the source. We can hope but not going to get excited about it.

Jordo.5913

i’ll have a screenshot of the blur once the PoI is over

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

There are massive amounts of possibilities that they are hiding that part of the screen. Jumping to it being SAB is rather silly. There is nothing that indicates anything at all that it would be SAB.

In fact, it could simply be hiding a spoilery personal story thingy or something.
Or one of all the other festivals/stuffs that have been released before.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

It seems Moto is officially, the most powerful NPC in Tyria!

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

lordkrall.7241

except recently they were showing something off and it gave away the “Year of the Ram” event ahead of time, but they felt that wasn’t gamebreaking enough to blur

a big world event is coming, and they tried to blur it out to keep it from getting leaked, but the blur effect wasn’t that great and you could still make out Super Adventure Box in the top right corner

Or maybe it was simply that they didn’t think about it, but due to the reactions from people seeing it they made sure to not have it happen again? The Year of the Ram miss was several months ago, and since then they have always hid that part of the screen.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jordo.5913

There are massive amounts of possibilities that they are hiding that part of the screen. Jumping to it being SAB is rather silly. There is nothing that indicates anything at all that it would be SAB.

In fact, it could simply be hiding a spoilery personal story thingy or something.
Or one of all the other festivals/stuffs that have been released before.

There are possibilites. All the text was orange though, personal story would be green.

The only festival that is coming up would be Dragon Bash, but I don’t think that’s it. Once i have the screenshot you can clearly make out, Super Adventure Box.

You can make out an S, an A, and the last word has 3 letters.

Kal Spiro.9745

I heard they broke it with an update and don’t have the resources to fix it. That was mentioned some time ago now tho. And I am definitely too lazy to find the source. We can hope but not going to get excited about it.

The source is just the endless speculation in the SAB thread. We don’t know, it is just a logical conclusion based on understanding the process and game mechanics. It could easily be completely false. No one from ANet has ever specifically stated it though.

Kal Spiro.9745

It looks like Trion has an mmo that will fulfill the need for SAB.

https://www.trovegame.com/landing/

That looks like a game taking itself seriously. I don’t want that. SAB does not take itself seriously, it’s light hearted and cutesy, that is a major part of why I like it.

lordkrall.7241

There are possibilites. All the text was orange though, personal story would be green.

The only festival that is coming up would be Dragon Bash, but I don’t think that’s it. Once i have the screenshot you can clearly make out, Super Adventure Box.

People see what they want to see.
And it is stuff like this that leads to raging and whining when it ends up not being what people assumed it would be.

Until we have confirmation what it is we should not go around shouting about it being X.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Kal Spiro.9745

People see what they want to see.
And it is stuff like this that leads to raging and whining when it ends up not being what people assumed it would be.

Until we have confirmation what it is we should not go around shouting about it being X.

Of course we should. Can you honestly say, while trolling these boards and telling people they’re probably ultimately wrong, that you have anything better to do? Getting excited for things and ultimately let down is definitely what it’s all about.

lordkrall.7241

So.. any pictures of this supposed “SAB reveal”?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Thats what im waiting for too…

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Jordo.5913

gotta wait for it to upload to their twitch videos, once twitch exploded about it, they switched quickly to just rubi and the dev, and when it came back, it had a PoI pic plastered over it, so i couldn’t grab one live

Kal Spiro.9745

gotta wait for it to upload to their twitch videos, once twitch exploded about it, they switched quickly to just rubi and the dev, and when it came back, it had a PoI pic plastered over it, so i couldn’t grab one live

Do they have the ability to retroactively edit the video? Because unless they can do that, there isn’t much point in having done anything at all.

lordkrall.7241

If they upload it on Youtube (which I believe they usually do) they should be able to edit it before uploading it there yes.

They also must have been extremely fast in changing the view, since apparently no one had the time to press print-screen ^^ (people seem to have had the time to read exactly what it said however, interestingly enough).

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Jordo.5913

Do they have the ability to retroactively edit the video? Because unless they can do that, there isn’t much point in having done anything at all.

not sure, don’t know much about twitch, I know they probably can for youtube….but unsure about twitch, I do know they could make it so it never pops up….if that happens then i mean, you kind of have to ask yourself,

“What world event is so important that they would go through all this trouble to keep it secret?”

I guess it could be the LA thing, but they said that could be between now and 3 months from now.

Jordo.5913

If they upload it on Youtube (which I believe they usually do) they should be able to edit it before uploading it there yes.

They also must have been extremely fast in changing the view, since apparently no one had the time to press print-screen ^^ (people seem to have had the time to read exactly what it said however, interestingly enough).

lol this kid

I was listening more about the Ventari tablet stuff. I saw twitch explode with SAB and I was scrolling up trying to figure why everyone was typing SAB confirmed. I looked in the upper right hand corner, saw it, and by then it was switched over.

lordkrall.7241

So why not wait with creating the thread until you have something that actually supports the position?

Right now we basically have a single person that claims that it said SAB and thus that SAB will come back, but there is not any kind of proof whatsoever supplied by anyone.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: lighter.2708

lighter.2708

still watting for the screenshot

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Jordo.5913

Yes sir, go around 19:30ish

lordkrall.7241

This is a screenshot showing it (and it was up for over 10 minutes btw)

http://i.imgur.com/s7nG0VX.jpg

There is nothing at all in any of those three thingies that looks remotely as Super Adventure Box. In fact, you can’t really make out anything.

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dante.1763

Dante.1763

Yea..cant make out any lettering there..

The pvp community reminds me of what Obi-kittenenobi describes Mos Eisley as from star wars.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

But those windmills are totally giants, guys!

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Imagine SAB with mounts! Wouldnt that be something.

And Super Bunny Ears in the gem store that can only be worn in SAB.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Therodin.2970

The princess of SAB was moto in a dress. That is all <3

Kal Spiro.9745

It does look like it could be three words, but it could be more too, and that the last word could be three letters. I could accept one of the words being Adventure, but even if it is the rest is too long to be Super.

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Maybe it’s the upcoming adventure system.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Wanze.8410

Maybe it’s the upcoming adventure system.

Not for Asurans, though. Little people going on adventures is so LotRO,

Therodin.2970

Get hyped guys! The rioting and complaining when it turns out to not be true will be good exposure for sab.

Posted by: Konig Des Todes.2086

Konig Des Todes.2086

Get hyped so your hopes may be dashed to tiny pieces.

Hold a cup to your cheeks and catch your tears for me. I thirst!

Dear ANet writers,
Stop treating GW2 as a single story. Each Season and expansion should be their own story.

Posted by: Purple Miku.7032

Purple Miku.7032

So I don’t know if this is true or not but I remember a friend telling me something about anet having legal issues with Nintendo or something, which was why SAB was not returning.

I hope it’s not true and that SAB returns, but yeah… if that’s the case then I guess I would understand the lack of communication about it.

Wanze.8410

So I don’t know if this is true or not but I remember a friend telling me something about anet having legal issues with Nintendo or something, which was why SAB was not returning.

I hope it’s not true and that SAB returns, but yeah… if that’s the case then I guess I would understand the lack of communication about it.

Nice theory.

Maybe the reason why we didnt get Bunny ears yet is Mickey Mouse?

First Disney ruined Star Wars, now Guild wars.