Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

a simple question:

what do you want?
2 weeks events?
1 month events?

for me, i want 1 month.
2 weeks is too short.

for example, some people may go on a 2 weeks holiday and missed out an event.
so, you want 2 weeks or 1 month?

Survey: 2 weeks or 1 month?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I want ANet to do what they want.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

A proper expansion with new character classes, a new proper set of zones, you know like the ones we had at launch with a epic storyline revolving around a dragon…

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

so this means you want 2 weeks then?

A proper expansion with new character classes, a new proper set of zones, you know like the ones we had at launch with a epic storyline revolving around a dragon…

hmmm i want that too.
i believe everyone wants that.

but for the time being, we get 2 weeks content shoved down our throats.

i wanna find out what everyone else thinks.

2 weeks … or 1 month?

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

hmmm i want that too.
i believe everyone wants that.

but for the time being, we get 2 weeks content shoved down our throats.

i wanna find out what everyone else thinks.

2 weeks … or 1 month?

Put me down as other…then…

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It means I’m happy with whatever they do.

Posted by: PolarisNova.3867

PolarisNova.3867

I am giving ANet the benefit of the doubt on this, it’s clear they have an idea on the general direction they want to take the game in. If anyone listened to Chris Whiteside’s interview, you’ll get a better idea in this regard.

I am, like ANet, am experimenting and seeing how things develop.

~Lady Amelia of the House of Rose~

Posted by: floppyjr.3459

floppyjr.3459

2 weeks is fine if more of the added contents are permanent.

HIRE/OCX
SoR

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

2 weeks is fine if more of the added contents are permanent.

what if, folks only have 2 weeks to attempt to finish all the limited time achievements?

Posted by: KotCR.6024

KotCR.6024

One month would be better IMO. Quality over quantity please ANet. Also, more permanent content would be nice.

As somebody mentioned, it’s also quite plausible somebody may be away on holiday on business for a fortnight, and miss the content. That seems a little unfair. The window is too short.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

1 month would be better

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

2 month events, and less temporary content more permanent content…

Posted by: womble.2153

womble.2153

a simple question:

what do you want?
2 weeks events?
1 month events?

for me, i want 1 month.
2 weeks is too short.

for example, some people may go on a 2 weeks holiday and missed out an event.
so, you want 2 weeks or 1 month?

There’s no reason that one thing has to end when the next thing comes out. Just because new stuff is arriving every two weeks doesn’t mean everything that arrived two weeks ago has to vanish. Dragon Bash hasn’t vanished just because the Aetherblades have appeared.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Remember, each team works on their particular 2-week-released content for, at least, 2 months. And, as stated above, just because there is a new release, it doesn’t always mean the previous content disappears. Also, some of the content is permanent, and it sounds like more will be so, in the future. I like this schedule. There isn’t such a long wait for new things to do, especially if some of the content is not to your liking, and you wish to skip it. For me, personally, more choice is always greater than less choice. =)

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Neither.

2 months or longer.

Fix the current content to make it more compelling. Put the things in that were supposed to be in at launch. Revamp the crafting systems. Fix the precursor debacle. Fix the zergs (wvw and pve). Add some more weapons. Fix the home instances. Add more game types in PvP. etc etc etc

MAKE EVERYTHING PERMANENT. Except Holidays.

Posted by: Tamaki Revolution.3548

Tamaki Revolution.3548

I’m fine with Holiday stuff being temporary, but sick of everything else being a week long thing. So neither, more than a month, permanent.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Fix the zergs (wvw and pve)

How do you fix WvW zergs? :P

Posted by: killcannon.2576

killcannon.2576

Several threads on it already, check em out.

Tamaki Revolution.3548

Several threads on it already, check em out.

Not trying to derail the thread, but there will always be zergs in WvW.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

2 weeks is fine.

I don’t think the events will stay active only for 2 weeks though, for example Dragon Bash is still active. How I understood it is that they will be releasing new events/activities/story every 2 weeks, not that you will have only 2 weeks to finish the achievements/dungeons whatever.

2 weeks to finish all that is short, not everyone plays the game 24/7. 2 weeks to get new things to do is excellent though and can’t see any problems with it. Why would anyone have a problem with frequent releases?

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

a simple question:

what do you want?
2 weeks events?
1 month events?

Good events.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Dragon Bash hasn’t vanished just because the Aetherblades have appeared.

but aether blades will vanish soon.
it only last around 14 days.

Posted by: Hicci.8761

Hicci.8761

I want permanent content.

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

I want content with very few and minor bugs. I am not being 100% sarcastic.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Lane.3410

Lane.3410

1-2 months

One of the things I really hate about their 2-week cycle is feeling rushed to get achievements done particularly when there is very poor communication on Anet’s part about when they’re disabling achievement-based activities (especially when they’re required for the meta) like shutting down Molten Facility almost a full 3 days before F&F was supposed to end.

Posted by: Venirto.4208

Venirto.4208

Monthly updates. 2 weeks makes everything feel rushed, if there are new achievements people will try to get them as fast as possible, and this would lead to node camping, speed runs etc.

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

2 weeks, because I like new stuffs.

Posted by: GoldenTruth.2853

GoldenTruth.2853

Based on the way the way the living story team is structured 2 weeks would probably be better.

Alara Vesmir – Guardian
Tyr Sylvison – Warrior
Illyiah – Revenant

Posted by: NinjaEd.3946

NinjaEd.3946

Dragon bash has been opened for much longer than 2 weeks. Updates every 2 weeks doesn’t mean content lasting 2 weeks.

Plus this means quicker balancing to professions which is something that was happeneing fairly slow in the past. The sooner ranger becomes useful in dungeons and warrior in spvp the better.

“I’m waiting for the staff to get off their lunch
break. I feel like they should be back by now..”

Posted by: lordbachus.6091

lordbachus.6091

I dont want any more temporary content, i want regular updates that are there to stay preferably on a 2 week base… Lets start expanding this world.

Posted by: Cowrex.9564

Cowrex.9564

Anything is fine as long as it is fun!

Give a man fire, he will be warm, set a man on fire, he will be warm forever! …or dead…

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

A month seems good to me because I don’t do all new content at once and I’d like some leeway. But if it’s permanent content, it can come out as quickly as it wants and I’ll get to it when I get to it.

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Really don’t mind – but then it doesn’t bother me if I miss anything anyway.

Posted by: Jackrabbit.2079

Jackrabbit.2079

I’m not liking the 2 week schedule for temporary content, I hadn’t finished all of the content we had before the living story and since more temporary stuff is coming with no stopping, it’ll probably take me forever to get back to it.

At least add some of the new content to the level 30-75 zones, so I can get map completion.

Posted by: Piper Hecht.6538

Piper Hecht.6538

I’m going away to Kansas City for three weeks starting tomorrow. If that means I miss out on aetherblade weapon skins, you may expect a rather angry post on the forums once I get back. This exact thing happened to me with Flame and Frost. I was gone, so I lost out on the chance to get Braham’s shield/mace, which as a bunker guardian was rather depressing.

I accept content being temporary, but skins and cosmetic improvements should never end up being a one time offer that you permanently miss out on if you go on vacation. Players shouldn’t be punished for taking a short break from the game.

So I would prefer 1 month content, even if it will never happen.

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

new content every 2 weeks, let them last 3 weeks(+atleast 33% perm content)

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Posted by: pownguin.9205

pownguin.9205

2 weeks. Seems pretty crazy to invest in an MMO and not be able to log on at least once every 2 weeks. I’m currently packing, moving, painting the rooms in the house I’m moving to, and going to work, yet I was still able to complete the Sky Pirate and Dragon Bash achievements.

(edited by pownguin.9205)

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

You would not see an update for 6 months at a time then a lot like GW1 but it could be even longer due to vice acting and major cs.

Any way the simple truth is they are only saying that they are adding new content ever 2 weeks not that they are ending it every 2 weeks. Your simply reading into your own fears at this point and they have nothing to do with GW2.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

Posted by: locoman.1974

locoman.1974

For me, add things every 2 weeks, make them last 1 or 2 months at least (I’d rather be permanent)..

For example, the aetherblade dungeon. I haven’t tried it yet mainly because from what I’ve read, it’s hard (which is good in my book), but because of that, it can take more than an hour to do, which at least for me it’s bad because it’s rarely that I can have that kind of uninterrupted gaming time (older guy with wife and baby here). Heck, even with the flame and frost one, which is short, I had to get up for a couple of minutes at least twice.

I don’t want the dungeon to be nerfed, I don’t want it to be made shorter, I just want them to stay longer so I have more time to get to it and learn it on my own pace.

BTW, I’ll add my request to make the dungeon permanent, even if the rewards aren’t…. (maybe add the weapons skins as a drop or toke reward from it? hint hint).. .:)

It’s a pile of Elonian protection magic, mixed with a little monk training,
wrapped up in some crazy ritualist hoo-ha from Cantha.
A real grab bag of ‘you can’t hurt me. They’re called Guardians.

Posted by: Fox.3469

Fox.3469

6 months, and make some decent content, i don’t care if it’s all delayed “until it’s ready” just make expansions and not lousy updates that are time-gated…

If you are looking for a cozy mature Dutch guild (EU) let me know.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

I say neither. IMHO ANET should stop flipping us free nickel and dime content and start fixing the bugs and broken areas of the game and be working on expansions that I would be more than happy to spend real life money on.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Amstel Steel.2058

Amstel Steel.2058

I do not want a standard expansion or new classes. Anet is breaking the corporate structure and I applaud them. They are finishing Tyria and once the time comes for a new land like Cantha the money I would have used to buy the expansion I can now use in the store. It increases the players frivolousness with their money to spend more than they would have had they bought an expansion. I don’t want to wait for an entire new set of areas to replace the current ones instead of slowly progressing towards expanding the area without devaluing the old areas.

Two week vs one month I vote 2 weeks that can be completed in 4 weeks. It is a really great template and if there is an aesthetic you really want to work towards you have a month.

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

Events every two weeks that last for about a month, if not a little longer. Overlapping storylines go!

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Dragon bash has been opened for much longer than 2 weeks. Updates every 2 weeks doesn’t mean content lasting 2 weeks.

but aetherblades content only last 2 weeks.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’d prefer monthly/bi-monthly updates, with a mix of temporary and permanent content. Things like Holograms and Periscopes etc. obviously shouldn’t remain in the Open World after the event is over, but things like dungeons should remain, accessible via a “Relive the story” NPC, or via Fractals.

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

of course 1 month la unker…….

2-week update to fast laaa.. can’t keep up…. not young anymore…..

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

They have teams working on large long-term contents. The 2 week releases are to fill the gaps.

I like this. If you aren’t even playing more than twice a month, do you really care enough about the game to care about content updates? :P

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Sarabande.8260

Sarabande.8260

I agree with many here who want more permanent content. Although I do love the living story and the philosophy behind it (and I am not just saying that, I really do), it would be nice to have both permanent and temporary content. Maybe some sort of alternating schedule. Give us some permanent content, a new zone, a new permanent dungeon, or PvP map, and give us a living story inside that or the older zones the next go around. Cake and eat it too….

You guys are good developers, stop throwing it all away. It’s like if Rembrandt painted something then crumbled it up. I’d be like “wtf dude.”

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

of course 1 month la unker…….

2-week update to fast laaa.. can’t keep up…. not young anymore…..

o hai there!
hahah yalor. not enough time.

They have teams working on large long-term contents. The 2 week releases are to fill the gaps.

I like this. If you aren’t even playing more than twice a month, do you really care enough about the game to care about content updates? :P

well i play everyday though casually. say 1 – 3 hours per night.

so far, still manageable though.

1 month allows more breathing space, more time off from guild wars 2 to do other things, play other games etc.

other wise, it is a dash to finish the time limited achievements as fast as possible, so, not to miss out the opportunity to do them when the event is over.

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

2 weeks .

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”