Survey: Remove Achievement Leaderboards?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Valleria Darkmoon.4506

Wow, apparently this is a big deal.

I know I’m not going to be anywhere near the top as I don’t go out of my way for achievements and stop playing for weeks at a time.

Do you get something for being at the top other than being at the top?

I don’t even know where to find the board and don’t bother linking it for me, I promise I will not look at it anyway because the only reason I care about achievements now is that I want some of the rewards. Beyond that I couldn’t care less about the leaderboard.

So officially then I abstain from voting on this because if the board fell over, burnt down and then sank into the swamp I wouldn’t even notice. I’m just surprised people care so much or am I missing something?

Posted by: Luthan.5236

Luthan.5236

giving rewards newer players never will reach cause they can’t get the past dailies and there is no cap.

new players will reach them eventually.

but if you remove achievement points from dailies, you will actually be stopping them from reaching it.

I meant also removing them from “old dailies” – like capping them at 0(where they capped Agent of Entropy at some 200 or 250? and then removed everything higher than that).

Now let’s see how the rewards are… and until which amount of achievement points they go… we still don’t know that – we can only see like the 4-5 next… maybe they also could make it that there is a bit room… so not like going up to 10k with rewards(only a small amount will have 10k when I with only 6.2k are in 90% at leaderboards). Then it won’t look that unreachable if they don’t go too high with rewards(or making the higher rewards only like +x magic find so nobody is whining cause of an unrachable nice skin… they could be max 8-10 points maybe and after that only +x something account bonus).

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

giving rewards newer players never will reach cause they can’t get the past dailies and there is no cap.

new players will reach them eventually.

but if you remove achievement points from dailies, you will actually be stopping them from reaching it.

I meant also removing them from “old dailies” – like capping them at 0(where they capped Agent of Entropy at some 200 or 250? and then removed everything higher than that).

Now let’s see how the rewards are… and until which amount of achievement points they go… we still don’t know that – we can only see like the 4-5 next… maybe they also could make it that there is a bit room… so not like going up to 10k with rewards(only a small amount will have 10k when I with only 6.2k are in 90% at leaderboards). Then it won’t look that unreachable if they don’t go too high with rewards(or making the higher rewards only like +x magic find so nobody is whining cause of an unrachable nice skin… they could be max 8-10 points maybe and after that only +x something account bonus).

the current system is fine. leave it alone.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I guess you’d have to remove all the living story achievements as well. No new players will ever be able to get them, after all.
And then you will end with a number of players sharing the first place on the leaderboards, due to maxing their achievements (and no new ones being available).

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Achievement leaderboards only exist because it was the easiest PvE oriented leaderboard to implement. In the future, there should be a lot more, for example speed run dungeon leaderboards or activity leaderboards.

Most things in GW2 are designed so that it only requires time, meaning even if you’re a bad player, you’ll still be able to obtain it. There are exceptions of course, fractals for example. By having dailies count, it means you’re not required to do any achievements. Eventually, everyone will have everything and being better just speeds up the process. Take away dailies, and people will complain about being locked out and having to do PvE, WvW and SPvP achievements.

The only point of the leaderboards is to determine the last time a person was online.

Posted by: Emperor.1360

Emperor.1360

I enjoy completing achievements. I always have, even prior to receiving any sort of tangible reward for them. However, the leaderboard means nothing to me. I do not care whether it stays or goes.

Frankly, the leaderboard does not mean much. Doing brain-dead-easy PvE dailies is at least 10 achievement points each day. That is 300 a month. In order to get close to the top of the leaderboard, someone would have to play each day, every day, and complete all of the dailies (PvE and PvP) for that day. Since few to none of these dailies require skill, their points are meaningless.

Some of the non-daily achievements are definitely more meaningful and skill-based, but since there is a limited number of these (and theoretically an infinite number of dailies), someone could eventually outpace on the leaderboard a player who had completed all of the non-daily achievements but not the daily ones.

Hence, the leaderboard does not measure skill. I do not see the point in having a “leaderboard” which does not measure skill. (Arguably, the PvP leaderboard is broken and all out of whack, too.) That said, its existence does not bother me, either. Since it is meaningless, I do not care whether it stays or whether it goes, and frankly do not understand why so many players seem to attribute their sense of self-worth to a collection of meaningless numbers.

Omnes stulti estis, quod putatis vos esse
intellegentes eximiosque, quamvis
non fuistis, vere non estis et eritis numquam.

Posted by: Akari Storm.6809

Akari Storm.6809

I personally don’t care for the achievement part of the leaderboards. It doesn’t say whether or not you are good at anything but time management and goal completing.

Before it even went into effect I was hoping that pve leaderboards were just going to be a stat tracker you find in shooters like Battlefield 2 where it tracks total kills, total kills w/weapon, total kills with vehicle or point captures or demo kills. Things like medals earned (most had to be under certain conditions) and their totals. Then favorite weapons and such or map most played.

Instead we get a point total. I honestly don’t care if it gets trashed or scrapped as it means absolutely nothing either way. What I don’t understand is why folks in that other thread even care about them so much.

Nvm, I’ve thought it through…down with the leaderboards!

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

There would not be any debate about AP’s if there were no leaderboard. Some say remove dailies, remove hom.

Well if that’s the case, remove everything that has points except the base game APs.

Live story shouldn’t count, festivals shouldn’t count. None of those. If it’s not fair you didn’t earn HoM or a daily, why is it fair that you earned a Live Story AP and someone else didn’t? They might had been on vacation during that time, so with that logic, only the base game points are fair.

I like the idea of getting rewards with the APs. But Leaderboards? are you serious? The only way to “Win” is if you play everyday, all day strictly getting APs. You would have to do this for the entirety of the GW2 life. The leader now will most likely not be the leader in 3 years. This isn’t a race to win. It’s like WvW, you might win tonight, or this week, but in 3 years it most likely will not matter.

Posted by: dalendria.3762

dalendria.3762

Don’t care either way. I don’t pay attention to them but others do. So if there are people who want them, keep them.

For whatever reason, some people find it important to compete based on number of points they have accumulated. Compete away based on that. Just please do not put things in the open world that undermine the current cooperative nature of the game.

As far as complaints related to leaderboards, if they are ignorant, I just have some new names to add to my ignore list.

Can you feel it? HOT HOT HOT

(edited by dalendria.3762)

Posted by: crystal.5930

crystal.5930

I really don’t care. I have trouble even understanding the concept of ‘competitive PvE.’ What possible difference can it make if I have more or less achievement points than some other player? That said, there seem to be a lot of players who enjoy it, and it does me no harm, so I see no reason not to keep it.

Chosovi Rose, Thomas Thorn, Crystalbrier, Bracken Farstone, Crassul, on Tarnished Coast
“Worshipping nonsense and imagination” — Hayden Herrera (paraphrased)

Posted by: Amun Ra.6435

Amun Ra.6435

Wait…AP from GW1 count towards AP totals in GW2? Really?

I can see why they gave GW1 players HoM….but being granted AP in GW2 is just ridiculous! Wow….

Posted by: ShiningSquirrel.3751

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Remove them. They server no purpose other then to give players something more to whine about.

Posted by: oloap.9765

oloap.9765

well i’d keep it but remove these “unfair” points. points from gw1 should not couunt as i understand that at top ranking are hunting already hard enough achivements to find themself 500ap farther from the top.
Moreover the title and stuff imho is already a lot, specially the title. absolutely no problem with that but this ap stuff may be gone too far.
Not my case but can be that someone who today is still young, was to yung to play back then, or whatever, imho the shouldn’t count for leaderboards, fine if they do for some more free shinies.
or gift these 500ap to all the rest of us and make all happy by ginving the impression of making a big present to all, an elegant way of getting out of this snake nest.
for dailys dunno, here is more mine field, a player who did log in every day kinda earned it even if is also true that back then daily was a huge ap source(40/day?).
a solution would be to “normalize” old dailys to be worth the max of a today daily (8?) top.
what really need to be reworked completly is the ammount given for hard achivements like dunno equip FIVE legendaries??
or more seriously pretty much all pvp/wvw achivement needed a x5 if not x10 boost..
disclaimers:
i’m talking seriously, i don’t do wvw or pvp seriously, mostly a pve player, have 6700ap but mostly due to old dailys, so what i said is jst fair imho, even if would a huge nerf to me

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

I love the achievement leaderboards. They should stay. There should just not be artificial ways to boost achievements like with Hall of Monuments.

Edit: I don’t think the HoM should even give 20 achievement points. It should give 0, or at least, not count at all towards the leaderboards. The reason the achievement community is getting up in arms now as opposed to previously is because 500 is substantially higher than 20. People like myself were never ok with it giving 20 points but just didn’t care enough to get into the issue.

(edited by Kojiden.8405)

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Complete, total indifference. I’d forgotten the leader boards even existed.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: nahla.7138

nahla.7138

I don’t care. They don’t show anything besides who grinds the most and has the most free time anyway.

I imagine COMPLETELY resetting them (like a ‘season’) might fix the issue (not the points, JUST the leaderboards), then everyone could be “grind competitive”, even those that “can’t catch up” because they don’t wanna play GW1, or didn’t grind 16 hours a day for the past 6 months.

GW2 is NOT “free to play”! It’s “buy to play”!
I need a good guild. Q_Q

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

I can see why they gave GW1 players HoM….but being granted AP in GW2 is just ridiculous! Wow….

If there were no leaderboards this wouldn’t matter. Anet has said way before GW2 even launched that GW1 players would be rewarded in GW2. Not sure why that outrages you or makes you upset when this was something they said before we even saw that the Mesmer was a returning class to the game.

Amun Ra.6435

If there were no leaderboards this wouldn’t matter. Anet has said way before GW2 even launched that GW1 players would be rewarded in GW2. Not sure why that outrages you or makes you upset when this was something they said before we even saw that the Mesmer was a returning class to the game.

Like I said , I have no problem with GW1 players getting HoM…but it is wrong that achievement points themselves count towards the totals in GW2…is that to hard to understand?

HoM is not enough of a reward?

I also never mentioned the learder boards in my post so don’t know why you felt inclined to include it in your response. But since you brought it up…it would matter even without the leader boards because GW1 players are getting an unfair advance to GW2 items outside of HoM (which apparently was the reward to GW1 players).

(edited by Amun Ra.6435)

TehPwnerer.7215

Like I said , I have no problem with GW1 players getting HoM…but it is wrong that achievement points themselves count towards the totals in GW2…is that to hard to understand?

Arena Net said that they would be rewarding HoM devotees in Guild Wars 2. They said all of this before any beta event, and before they even announced all the professions that would be playable in Guild Wars 2.

Remember when Sylvari were basically elves? Yeah, we knew HoM would reward those players in GW2 before they were changed to tree people. Not only that, I think the crucial bit you’re missing is that not everyone who played GW1 even got to 30/50. In another thread someone estimated that around 10% of the people from GW1 got 30/50 or better. Even less, (under 3%) even got 50/50.

So this magical figure of “OMG THEY GOT 500 extra points!!!!” garbage is false because not everyone with HoM Achievement points has 500 of them. Most do not.

Amun Ra.6435

Arena Net said that they would be rewarding HoM devotees in Guild Wars 2. They said all of this before any beta event, and before they even announced all the professions that would be playable in Guild Wars 2.

Remember when Sylvari were basically elves? Yeah, we knew HoM would reward those players in GW2 before they were changed to tree people. Not only that, I think the crucial bit you’re missing is that not everyone who played GW1 even got to 30/50. In another thread someone estimated that around 10% of the people from GW1 got 30/50 or better. Even less, (under 3%) even got 50/50.

So this magical figure of “OMG THEY GOT 500 extra points!!!!” garbage is false because not everyone with HoM Achievement points has 500 of them. Most do not.

You really need to take a class or two in argument, if such a class exists I would HIGHLY suggest you take it…

When did I mention:

500 points…
Mesmers…
Sylvari…
Elves…
When they announced rewards for GW1 players….

And finally…“In another thread someone estimated…” really? Made up numbers?

Again…all I said…all I really said was that points in GW1 should not be counted towards points in GW2…that’s it…nothing more…no other concept, nothing…zero…zilch…nada!

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

If dailies were removed I’d win. End of story <_<

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I think it’s a ridiculous thing to have, but I don’t really care either way.

It doesn’t do anything and it’s easy to ignore. (I think I’ve looked at them once, and I can’t even remember where to find them now.)

The only downside is the relatively small number of people who seem to think the entire game revolves around them and must be designed accordingly, but like the leaderboards themselves they’re easy to ignore.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

I think it’s a ridiculous thing to have, but I don’t really care either way.

It doesn’t do anything and it’s easy to ignore. (I think I’ve looked at them once, and I can’t even remember where to find them now.)

The only downside is the relatively small number of people who seem to think the entire game revolves around them and must be designed accordingly, but like the leaderboards themselves they’re easy to ignore.

aye, so it is safe to assume that these people are just the minority and anet will not cater to their selfish needs, right?

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

No.They shouldn’t be removed

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: lilstev.3498

lilstev.3498

Vote to keep them. I like competitiveness. Gives me something to strive for.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Vote to keep them. I like competitiveness. Gives me something to strive for.

all right, but you are not also suggesting of dailies, monthly, hom achievement points etc yes?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Look, Anet is never going to remove dailies from leaderboards. They want people logging in doing stuff every day. It’s why they’re there in the first place.

In a totally fair game, they’d remove them, but PvE leaderboards aren’t really meant to be competitive in the true sense of the word. They reward loyalty and dedication more than skill. That’s what you’re getting when you top that leaderboard.

Hell, some of the big achievements can be bought with cash…think about the golden and emperor titles. You can buy legendaries. It’s big money but I guarantee you some people have done it.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Look, Anet is never going to remove dailies from leaderboards. They want people logging in doing stuff every day. It’s why they’re there in the first place.

hmmm good point!

well, i can relax now and stop worrying about their potential removal. heheh.

thanks Vayne!

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

No keep them, just remove any AP’s from GW1 out of them.

Let us keep our AP’s for the rewards sure no problem Anet can do that AND deduct them off the leaderboards. Not hard to do I should imagine.

For the record I have 300 points from GW1 and really don’t care about the leaderboards but it’s obvious many players who played GW2 ONLY do care.

hmmm. nah. i prefer to keep my extra achievement points from guild wars 1.

the way i see it, the bulk of the complaints comes from people whining about unable to “compete” in the achievement points leader board.

remove the achievement points leader board.

problem solved.

I’m sure the tens of players who actually care about the leaderboard are outraged.

lol +1 exactly

Posted by: Elthurien.8356

Elthurien.8356

I didn’t even know there was achievement leaderboards. I couldn’t care leds

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

KEEP THEM!

I love them, Im not trying to get to the top 10% It is a great way to know how your doing over all, I played GW1 for 7yrs + and for Anet to say “thankyou for being with us for that long of time.” they gave me a few skins (that look terrible too lol) and some extra Achievement points.

Those little extra 300-400 (most dont have 500 lol) doesnt make the different between being in the bottom 20% to the top 20% not even close, the only thing it does is maybe get you from 1000 placed to 800 placed.

Even tho its a different game (GW2 compare to GW1) it is still the same company, other companies do it all the time, we are loyal customers and they are just trying to give us that little bit to prove they love us.

Its just like your job, the workers that been there longer get more benifits due to seniority, even if they “Change” departments they still keep some seniority but also are still brought down to the other workers level in most ways for in the work place benefits.

There is nothing wrong with Leaderboards and awarding Loyal players with a slight boost. Some players it seems like they only live to be in the top 100. theyw ould compare Achievement points anyways, I know I was comparing and asking on a monthly bases of my guild memebers and Ive seen other doing it to, it just makes it easier for us to do that now.

Stop being jealous, get a copy of gw1 in 1 month you to can get 100-200 points out of it if you find the right guides.

SAB or RIOT

(edited by Faux.1937)

Posted by: Antara.3189

Antara.3189

I also never mentioned the learder boards in my post so don’t know why you felt inclined to include it in your response. But since you brought it up…it would matter even without the leader boards because GW1 players are getting an unfair advance to GW2 items outside of HoM (which apparently was the reward to GW1 players).

Firstly, it’s your opinion that APs should not be rewarded to HoM completionists, it’s neither wrong or right, just an opinion.

Secondly, since the maker of the two games are 100% percent the same, and had stated GW1 players who achieved certain rewards in that game would be rewarded in their second game is entirely their decision. Their motto has always been “listening to the players and giving the players what they want.” At the time, GW1 players wanted to be rewarded if buying ArenaNets second series of GW, and that’s what they did.
Simply because some GW2 players missed out on the opportunities to play GW1 in its prime is in no ArenaNet or GW1 players fault. They wanted to reward our loyalty, and they did.

In regards to why APs were probably upped in points is simply because faltering numbers in the active players in the original game have dropped drastically and they want to give incentive to players to finish up their HoM and create an active fanbase for a bit longer. Again it’s completely their decision.

Both sides are going to stand firm on why or why not they should be rewarded. In constructive debate/criticism should not include jealously that someone has something that said person doesn’t.

Amun Ra.6435

Firstly, it’s your opinion that APs should not be rewarded to HoM completionists, it’s neither wrong or right, just an opinion.

Secondly, since the maker of the two games are 100% percent the same, and had stated GW1 players who achieved certain rewards in that game would be rewarded in their second game is entirely their decision. Their motto has always been “listening to the players and giving the players what they want.” At the time, GW1 players wanted to be rewarded if buying ArenaNets second series of GW, and that’s what they did.
Simply because some GW2 players missed out on the opportunities to play GW1 in its prime is in no ArenaNet or GW1 players fault. They wanted to reward our loyalty, and they did.

In regards to why APs were probably upped in points is simply because faltering numbers in the active players in the original game have dropped drastically and they want to give incentive to players to finish up their HoM and create an active fanbase for a bit longer. Again it’s completely their decision.

Both sides are going to stand firm on why or why not they should be rewarded. In constructive debate/criticism should not include jealously that someone has something that said person doesn’t.

Can you quote me saying I am jealous? Please?

Really…go ahead…try…

Posted by: Invictus.1503

Invictus.1503

No, I like them

It’s better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I honestly don’t care one way or another in regards to the leader boards for points.

What precisely do they tell me? A lot of points, not a lot of points, they don’t tell me anything about the person. Someone with few points could be a great player, but not goal-centric, so hasn’t wracked up a bunch of them. Someone could have bunches of them, but is mediocre at best, they only have ‘a lot’ because they’ve spent 10 hours a day 7 days a week in the game. Or they could a brand new player, with prioritized goals, but not a huge amount of time to work on them each day. I could keep going here, but you should be able to see my point.

They’re only really “useful” between friends for things like fun competition. Beyond that, just meh. Judge not the book by its cover, and the AP leaderboard is just that, another type of cover.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: danielrjones.8759

danielrjones.8759

If someone does something stupid. Must they be quoted on saying they are did something stupid for it to be true?

There is no question the vast majority the waaaaawaaaaaaaa and waaaaaaaa is from pure jealousy.
Notice I said majority not all. I believe there are some that are not. They just resent someone getting something for doing something they didn’t do. And they didn’t have a heads up on it to prepare.
That being said, guess its time to sell rubies, sapphires, diamonds and minis in gw1.
Thank you Anet for adjusting the points appropriately for your loyal veteran players.

anymore I just read this forum for giggles. So keep the QQing up. seeing people getting so worked because their position on the leaderboard got moved is hilarious.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

i can still see that the vocal minority are still complaining fiercely. (in a separate topic of discussion)

i’m a bit worried now.

can we just remove the leader boards and stop their whining once and for all?

ShiningSquirrel.3751

Yes, remove them. That are meaningless and do nothing but cause problems for a small minority of the players.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Yes, remove them. That are meaningless and do nothing but cause problems for a small minority of the players.

actually, i see it the other way around.

i.e.

“the small minority of players are attempting to cause problems for the majority of the players by making unreasonable demands etc.”

ShiningSquirrel.3751

actually, i see it the other way around.

i.e.

“the small minority of players are attempting to cause problems for the majority of the players by making unreasonable demands etc.”

Good point, I concede to you my friend!

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I’m all for the leader boards being removed. It serves no purpose, gives no rewards (in game or otherwise) and only serves to give a useless bragging right and causes a lot of arguments that go absolutely nowhere. In my opinion it was a huge mistake for ANet to even introduce it.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

TehPwnerer.7215

I’m all for the leader boards being removed. It serves no purpose, gives no rewards (in game or otherwise) and only serves to give a useless bragging right and causes a lot of arguments that go absolutely nowhere. In my opinion it was a huge mistake for ANet to even introduce it.

Agreed. Once it’s removed we can finally stop seeing all these HoM whine threads about how hard earned achievements should be removed because it’s messing with “leaderboards” that somehow some people think affect anything (they don’t, by the way).

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I don´t care either way. But before anet lays a single hand on the achievement system because of the super minority (I suspect personally) caring about leaderboards complaining because of this and that achievement shouldn´t be in game, being unfair etc. they should just scrap that meaningless system.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

I dont think they should be removed. Some people like them and thats reason enough for them to stay. If someone doesnt care about leader boards or finds them unfair, they should simply ignoring them. Why is that reason enough to take away something other people love?

At the end of the day people will always find something to complain about. If you remove leader boards those who hate them might stop complaining or more likely find something else to complain about. At the same time you’ll get people who liked the achievement leader boards complaining so its very likely the situation will be made worst not better.

This is not to say that complains should be ignored of course, some of them are valid and should be addressed if possible. But what I am saying is if we removed everything from the universe that people complain about we’d all be living in a vacuum of blackness by now.

As for Hom specifically, I dont mind they’re there. While guild wars 1 isnt specifically part of Gw2, Gw1 players did great efforts to get those points nothing wrong with them being rewarded. People who expect a perfect leveling field just arent objective. There will always be some unbalance effecting stuff. Sure Players who played Gw1 have an advantage. there is unbalance there too, GW1 PVE players have an advantage over GW1 PVP players. likewise PVE players have an advantage over PVP players in Gw2 as well (this should be addressed IMHO btw). Players with more time on their hand have an advantage over others who dont have as much time. Players who can afford to play every day have an advantage over those who dont. Thats not going to change and is part of the game.

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

No because no one really bothers looking at them anyways

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Why is that reason enough to take away something other people love?

because the minority are causing trouble for the majority.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

No.

Mainly because I don’t care about the leaderboards, so they never really enter my mind whilst playing. I’ve not even looked at them once and only know of their existance through mentions on the forums.

I dont know why so many people get upset about them one way or the other. Topping an mmo leaderboard in any category is the anithesis of an achievement unless you view playing mmos 24/7 as a worthy thing to strive for. /shrug

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

No.

Mainly because I don’t care about the leaderboards, so they never really enter my mind whilst playing. I’ve not even looked at them once and only know of their existance through mentions on the forums.

I dont know why so many people get upset about them one way or the other. Topping an mmo leaderboard in any category is the anithesis of an achievement unless you view playing mmos 24/7 as a worthy thing to strive for. /shrug

why not remove them if you do not care about them?

Posted by: Firefly.5982

Firefly.5982

Nobody but the players that race for APs cares about leaderboards. 90 pct of GW2 players don’t care. Maybe even more. So no, leave them there for the people to argue about.

Posted by: Galen Grey.4709

Galen Grey.4709

Why is that reason enough to take away something other people love?

because the minority are causing trouble for the majority.

by complaining? Removing this one thing will just have them complain about something else. If we removed all content people complain about, we’d be lucky if we’d be left with the login screen. Think thats probably the only thing I have never seen a single complaint about but I might be wrong.