Survey: Want Ascended Armors & Weapons?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

Wish these QQ threads would stop. Ascended gear is such a miniscule factor in this game. This isn’t a gear treadmill and it’s been over a year now….matter of time for Ascended items through every avenue of the game. Be glad you can now craft it also.

except that no mention of crafting the old items
no mention of new items being accessible trough the old means either.

Lemme know what ascended does for you btw, I’d like to know does it make you dodge lupicus correctly? does it make you able to 1 v 2 in WvW? make you jump higher in jumping puzzles?

No, it allows me to participate in fractals. Now I’ll have to throw a bunch of money and do activities outside of fractals to participate in fractals.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Harsh? Asc trinkets are a 3-5% overall boost to your stats. Unless you are hell-bent on always having the best items, you don’t have to get these.

3-5% for the trinket, now what’s the difference when you throw weapons and armor into the equation?

Exotics will still be viable as they always were.

In WvW someone in full exotics will be at a distinct disadvantage against someone in full ascended, skill being comparable.

Crafting needed something like this to be worth-while again. No one crafts for any reason other than to level now, it’s pointless otherwise. Now you can make money and help guildies by being a 500 crafter.

I don’t understand why crafting, or any aspect of the game, needs to be time-gated. It seems to me to be a lazy solution at best, and an insulting method of getting players to log in on a daily basis at worst.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

We specifically said we don’t want to get caught up in the trap where every 3-6 months the game adds another tier of gear to the game; that invalidates all your hard work and the rewards you’ve earned.

I have trouble taking that sincerely, since all I see is treadmill.

Needless to say, I can’t say I’m happy with these things. Well, as long as they can be sold on the TP and no account bound BS I’ll be alive.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Mirta.5029

We specifically said we don’t want to get caught up in the trap where every 3-6 months the game adds another tier of gear to the game; that invalidates all your hard work and the rewards you’ve earned.

O rly? And then a bunch of progression is inserted.

Needless to say, I can’t say I’m happy with these things. Well, as long as they can be sold on the TP and no account bound BS I’ll be alive.

but it is account bound. Only T7 is sellable on the TP.

Posted by: Svetli.4276

Svetli.4276

GRIND FEST IS COMING !
now for 8 alts ! go and tell me gw2 is for fun XD

“What you wish for may not be what she wishes for.” – Skull Knight

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

Harsh? Asc trinkets are a 3-5% overall boost to your stats. Unless you are hell-bent on always having the best items, you don’t have to get these.

3-5% for the trinket, now what’s the difference when you throw weapons and armor into the equation?

Exotics will still be viable as they always were.

In WvW someone in full exotics will be at a distinct disadvantage against someone in full ascended, skill being comparable.

Crafting needed something like this to be worth-while again. No one crafts for any reason other than to level now, it’s pointless otherwise. Now you can make money and help guildies by being a 500 crafter.

I don’t understand why crafting, or any aspect of the game, needs to be time-gated. It seems to me to be a lazy solution at best, and an insulting method of getting players to log in on a daily basis at worst.

We don’t know the stats of it – so your guess is as good as mine.

A level 2 in WvW can be better than a fully geared level 80 – stats wise.

I agree. Time gated is not fun, like the Ascended items I wanted them when they released but couldn’t. I just finished my Asc trinkets ~2 weeks ago, not gonna try for backpack though. Crafting was so pointless though and it really needed a change.

EDIT: Just some fishing around… base 916 stats right. Full Exotic armor ends up with.

Power 1231
Precision 1140

which is a difference of purely from armor.

Power 315
Prec 224

going off this 10% everyone loves, that is an increase of 31 power and 22 precision. 22 Pres is what 1% crit?

Asc armor would give a total of 346 power and 246 precision, where exotic gave you 315 power and 224 precision.

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

We knew Ascended version of other equipment were coming from the first time Ascended gear was announced. Yeah I don’t like ascended gear but we already lost that battle and it is here to stay.

I’m just glad it won’t be locked behind some crappy dungeon and they are making crafting relevant (poor jewelry).

ArchonWing.9480

O rly? And then a bunch of progression is inserted.

but it is account bound. Only T7 is sellable on the TP.

Wait what? Weapons and armor too?

Previously I didn’t have to waste time on tedious crafting since I could just pick what I wanted off the TP.

That’s just irritating.

Well, my view that this entire tier is a load of crap that just goes against everything that makes this game fun just got cemented.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,

Mirta.5029

We knew Ascended version of other equipment were coming from the first time Ascended gear was announced. Yeah I don’t like ascended gear but we already lost that battle and it is here to stay.

I’m just glad it won’t be locked behind some crappy dungeon and they are making crafting relevant (poor jewelry).

but what if I want to do those crappy dungeons? Why should there be only 2 ways of getting it and why does it have to be time gated?

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

All they have done is mention their intentions with broad terms and few details. As much as I dislike the way anet does things, I am at least willing to wait until we have more precise details before I state my opinions.

The only thing I do agree with in this thread is that karma should also be an option for purchasing ascended gear. Another option is to use karma to upgrade exotic gear into ascended. This would give karma more value.

Posted by: Nebulizer.3276

Nebulizer.3276

Fractals already have for a long time been self supplied with ascended. With people doing over lvl 50 Fractals for months now. If you are just saying now you need them to do fractals then you’re making an excuse for yourself. Fractals for people who enjoy dungeons and a challenge and you have had the opportunity for months now to do them.

Posted by: offence.4726

offence.4726

So we rewind back basically to a few months ago when the new accesories popped up , man i cannot forget that day everyone was so upset ! So I can only imagine the prices/time involved to craft a full set of armor + weps to min-max and get the best results stats wise. Its gonna be a nightmare ? If it’s gonna be the same model with the celestial-quartz it’s gonna take quite a while…..

play hard , go pro.

Posted by: Shemsu.8721

Shemsu.8721

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/looking-ahead-guild-wars-2-in-2013/
So essentially with 8 alts I’m thrown out of high level content like fractals? What was wrong with exotic gear? Now in order to get the new tier we will have to spend an insane amount of money on T6 materials to level up crafting, not to mention all of our old gear suddenly now becomes moot? When I signed up for GW2 I did not sign up for harsh step of gear progression. Either make this gear tier acquirable by various means (karma, loot, fractals, dungeons, crafting) even with increased prices (let’s say it’s 100K karma per piece instead of 42K and 500 tickets per piece, instead of 180 in dungeons) unless you make it easy to get it should not be in the game.

Throw you out of fractals? Does that mean you cannot complete fractals now with exotic gear? How would having asc armor make you suddenly unable to do what youve been doing? It would make another goal, in a game with very few goals

Wish these QQ threads would stop. Ascended gear is such a miniscule factor in this game. This isn’t a gear treadmill and it’s been over a year now….matter of time for Ascended items through every avenue of the game. Be glad you can now craft it also.

except that no mention of crafting the old items
no mention of new items being accessible trough the old means either.

Lemme know what ascended does for you btw, I’d like to know does it make you dodge lupicus correctly? does it make you able to 1 v 2 in WvW? make you jump higher in jumping puzzles?

No, it allows me to participate in fractals. Now I’ll have to throw a bunch of money and do activities outside of fractals to participate in fractals.

If you can complete fractals with exotic armor now, you will after as well. If you cannot complete fractals now with exotic armor, the existence or lack thereof of asc armor will not affect you

Mirta.5029

Fractals already have for a long time been self supplied with ascended. With people doing over lvl 50 Fractals for months now. If you are just saying now you need them to do fractals then you’re making an excuse for yourself. Fractals for people who enjoy dungeons and a challenge and you have had the opportunity for months now to do them.

and I was doing them. However in order to progress beyond level 50 what will you need? Ascended gear! How do you get ascended gear? Not trough fractals! See the problem?

Throw you out of fractals? Does that mean you cannot complete fractals now with exotic gear? How would having asc armor make you suddenly unable to do what youve been doing? It would make another goal, in a game with very few goals

If you can complete fractals with exotic armor now, you will after as well. If you cannot complete fractals now with exotic armor, the existence or lack thereof of asc armor will not affect you

No it’s just means that I can’t progress at what I’m doing unless I do something else to get the items needed to do what I’m doing. Sillier than WoW. At least there you get raid gear by raiding. Here you get fractal gear by crafting.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Yamori.9781

Yamori.9781

This is defiantly depressing. Just because they announced ascended level armor previously doesn’t mean it should sound appealing now, it is not. Basically this will end up being a mechanic to weed out casuals since it will be literally impossible for them to obtain this gear. Considering the ascended trinkets are about a 10% stat boost from the exotic version, it’s safe to say the armor will be similar. This does not seem like a positive addition to the game in any way in its current form.

Nebulizer.3276

Mirta you are simply assuming at this point….how about you wait to see. No you will assume. They have added new avenues to obtain ascended gear. Nothing says that you won’t be able to aquire ascended armor through other means than just crafting. But the QQ’rs thrive on assumptions.

darkace.8925

I was actually hoping that was just lip service to the “we need moar carrot!” crowd and that we’d finally settle into the horizontal progression system we had in Guild Wars. Wishful thinking on my part.

Shemsu.8721

This is defiantly depressing. Just because they announced ascended level armor previously doesn’t mean it should sound appealing now, it is not. Basically this will end up being a mechanic to weed out casuals since it will be literally impossible for them to obtain this gear. Considering the ascended trinkets are about a 10% stat boost from the exotic version, it’s safe to say the armor will be similar. This does not seem like a positive addition to the game in any way in its current form.

Your joking right? I’m very casual, maybe 2 hours in a session, at best 3-4 days a week if i’m lucky (i work 14 hour days on the weekends). I have 3 full sets of ascended trinkets at this point, and have nothing to do with laurels, guild commendations, or badges of honor anymore. (3 sets of exotic armor to match the ascended sets)

Not to mention the new armor will be time gated, you will only be able to craft so much per day, which is actually in BENEFIT to casuals, since a hardcore player cant make anymore than a casual. think about it

Nebulizer.3276

There was vertical progression in GW1 also whether you liked to admit it or not.

Mirta.5029

Mirta you are simply assuming at this point….how about you wait to see. No you will assume. They have added new avenues to obtain ascended gear. Nothing says that you won’t be able to aquire ascended armor through other means than just crafting. But the QQ’rs thrive on assumptions.

I’m assuming because I was here for the previous ascended gear. I’m assuming because all of the current ascended gear has about only 2 ways of getting it and all of those ways are different. There’s still no way to get the trinkets and amulets trough fractals.

Shemsu.8721

I’m assuming because I was here for the previous ascended gear. I’m assuming because all of the current ascended gear has about only 2 ways of getting it and all of those ways are different. There’s still no way to get the trinkets and amulets trough fractals.

They specifically said the gear would be available in drops, and you get drops in fractals dont you? so you can keep running them. What they didnt say anywhere in the blog post, was that fractals would advance past 50, so there is no NEED for the gear anyhow. I’m just hoping fractal armor has some decent new skins for medium I’d grind for a year to get decent looking medium armor

ArchonWing.9480

They specifically said the gear would be available in drops, and you get drops in fractals dont you? so you can keep running them. What they didnt say anywhere in the blog post, was that fractals would advance past 50, so there is no NEED for the gear anyhow. I’m just hoping fractal armor has some decent new skins for medium I’d grind for a year to get decent looking medium armor

It dropping is quite nice, but they’d really have to readjust the drop rates a lot for this to work.

Mirta.5029

rare random account bound drops. That’s what we fought against when rings only have came out and there was no way of buying them with fractals tokens.
We know that fractals go up to level 80 and we know that all that ascended was useful for so far was infusions and most definitely agony infusions. Or are you saying that ascended will suddenly not provide agony resistance?

Posted by: Vick.6805

Vick.6805

Perhaps we should reread the part of the article that mentions NEW MATERIALS multiple times. T6 mats may not even be needed to get from 400-500.

Besides, who is to say that we aren’t going to have easier access to T6 materials? I for one would love an 80-85 zone or even a 85-90 zone (NOT with a higher level cap, just that the enemies are that much more difficult) where the events are built around open-world group PvE play. Those zones might be an opportunity to introduce additional ways to farm T6 materials.

There are many ways ANet could work this, and complaining about perceived wrongs when the proposed game systems aren’t implemented yet is ridiculous.

darkace.8925

Besides, who is to say that we aren’t going to have easier access to T6 materials? I for one would love an 80-85 zone or even a 85-90 zone (NOT with a higher level cap, just that the enemies are that much more difficult) where the events are built around open-world group PvE play. Those zones might be an opportunity to introduce additional ways to farm T6 materials.

Isn’t that pretty much what Cursed Shore was supposed to be (minus the 85-90 level mobs)?

Mirta.5029

Perhaps we should reread the part of the article that mentions NEW MATERIALS multiple times. T6 mats may not even be needed to get from 400-500.

There are many ways ANet could work this, and complaining about perceived wrongs when the proposed game systems aren’t implemented yet is ridiculous.

“At 500, crafters will be able to craft ascended weapons and armor. Once you reach 500, a new tier of crafting materials will be available to you; this new tier of materials will be made by combining lower tier materials.”

play the RNG game with T6 for those T7 materials. And if we would see a higher zone then we would see a stat increase too. Not to mention why not mining nodes? Ori ores are sparse and therefore the price for T6 is high, so why not new rare nodes?

darkace.8925

While we’re on the subject of crafting changes, hopefully we’ll finally get fishing and fish/seafood related cooking recipes. And I hope at long last we’ll get Power/Condition Duration and Precision/Condition Duration foods.

Please?

Pretty please?

Vick.6805

You’re pulling conjectures from air.

Where in the article did it say anything about RNG? It said “combine.” That implies a recipe, yes, but it doesn’t say anything about it being similar to Mystic Clovers.

Why would a higher-level zone imply a stat increase? I’m talking about difficulty increase, which a stat increase could make pointless.

T6 material nodes could be quite common in zones focused on mobs higher than level 80. Expanding on the current drop patterns, mobs higher than 80 should have a higher drop rate for those, too.

All I’m saying is that we shouldn’t complain until we actually have information worth complaining about, which we don’t.

Posted by: Asbrandr.6324

Asbrandr.6324

The second I read that, I knew that someone was going to blow it out of proportions. They’ve already discussed that Ascended would become a full tier long before this was announced, back during their initial responses to all of the rage that ensued then. Likewise, we already knew that the Legendary tier was going to be expanded upon as well.

The important things to take from this are the following:
1) They stated that they do not intend to release another level of gear after Ascended
2) Ascended items will be easier to obtain via crafting methods, rather than just laurels/farming FotM
3) Legendary items will, from this point forward, share the same stat level as Ascended items, but have a convenience factor of being able to change their stats on the fly while out of combat.
4) Obtaining a Legendary weapon will be at least somewhat easier because precursors will be able to be crafted in some manner, rather than relying on farming for gold or chance.

Zevkk | 80 Necromancer | Vyhrr Sootshroud | 80 Thief
Cyrus Quintillus | 80 Mesmer | Asbrandr Godrikson | 80 Warrior
Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Mirta.5029

1) They stated that they do not intend to release another level of gear after Ascended
2) Ascended items will be easier to obtain via crafting methods, rather than just laurels/farming FotM

1. They did not state that there will be no level increase though
2. Where did you get that it will be easier to obtain? From what I’ve seen you can craft 1 piece a day and it will be very costly on top of it. Not to mention there’s no mention of being able to use laurels/ farming Fotm to get it.

Why would a higher-level zone imply a stat increase? I’m talking about difficulty increase, which a stat increase could make pointless.

because the last zone of orr already has level 84 mobs. If you attack something 5 levels above you or higher your hits become glancing, meaning that you could not fight that without a level increase.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

It’s not that ascended is a full tier its HOW you get it. Look at the ascended backpieces, they are so cost prohibitive (outside of fractals, which I won’t do) that only one of my characters has one.

As it stands, I think that only one character will get ascended weapons and armor, at which point I will quit the game. I like my alts. I like max gear. I like WvW.

I do not like gear grinding. I do not like time restricted content. (Think, for example, of the bullkitten that is celestial armor for a model of the coming catastrophe).

Edit: Okay maybe it won’t be exactly like that but anything that makes me do more stuff I don’t want to do in order to do the stuff I do is BAD, BAD, BAD.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

(edited by TooBz.3065)

Posted by: penatbater.4710

penatbater.4710

ascended armor but no slot for runes?

Don’t disturb me, I have a cat in me at the moment.

TooBz.3065

ascended armor but no slot for runes?

OMG. That would be AWESOME! But highly unlikely.

Asbrandr.6324

1. They did not state that there will be no level increase though
2. Where did you get that it will be easier to obtain? From what I’ve seen you can craft 1 piece a day and it will be very costly on top of it. Not to mention there’s no mention of being able to use laurels/ farming Fotm to get it.

1) “We’ve seen a lot of questions in regards to this after the release of ascended gear: What will the core reward system be for Guild Wars 2 in the future after ascended gear has all been released? We specifically said we don’t want to get caught up in the trap where every 3-6 months the game adds another tier of gear to the game; that invalidates all your hard work and the rewards you’ve earned.”

2) Even if they’re time locked, it’s still a guaranteed method of obtaining Ascended gear that won’t require you to -have- to complete dailies or monthlies. It’s another method of obtaining them; you get to choose what you want to do. Additionally, you could combine this with laurels to get pieces at twice the speed, in theory. Furthermore, I sincerely doubt that they’re going to put more than a month’s worth of time lock on crafting these items, as that would be about the cut-off where it would be faster to get laurels.

Edit: Noticed the first question was for “levels”. I can’t say I know that answer for sure, but it doesn’t seem that will be the case; otherwise, they’d have to change the existing Legendary items every time they add new levels.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

(edited by Asbrandr.6324)

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Exotics will still be as much as viable, while Ascended is a small step up to have something to do.

But true, that doesn’t stop idiots from gating non-ascended geared players from dungeons and whatnot.

People already gate professions if they are geared and traited ‘wrong’.

Asbrandr.6324

Exotics will still be as much as viable, while Ascended is a small step up to have something to do.

But true, that doesn’t stop idiots from gating non-ascended geared players from dungeons and whatnot.

If everyone refused to group with those people, they’d take the hint. People continuing to group with them only rewards the behavior.

Fort Aspenwood [FLOT]

Mirta.5029

“We specifically said we don’t want to get caught up in the trap where every 3-6 months the game adds another tier of gear to the game; that invalidates all your hard work and the rewards you’ve earned.”

2) Even if they’re time locked, it’s still a guaranteed method of obtaining Ascended gear that won’t require you to -have- to complete dailies or monthlies. It’s another method of obtaining them; you get to choose what you want to do. Additionally, you could combine this with laurels to get pieces at twice the speed, in theory. Furthermore, I sincerely doubt that they’re going to put more than a month’s worth of time lock on crafting these items, as that would be about the cut-off where it would be faster to get laurels.

Edit: Noticed the first question was for “levels”. I can’t say I know that answer for sure, but it doesn’t seem that will be the case; otherwise, they’d have to change the existing Legendary items every time they add new levels.

1. It talks about tiers. Not about the level cap. Also if they want the grind to be minimal what are they doing here right now?
2. Fractals is also a guaranteed method. And so are dailies. yet no mention of these things being acquired trough such means. Look at backpacks – fractals only. Look at amulets – dailies or WvW only. Who is to say that armor won’t be crafting or random drops only? Everything that they did up until this point suggests this precise thing.

Vick.6805

because the last zone of orr already has level 84 mobs. If you attack something 5 levels above you or higher your hits become glancing, meaning that you could not fight that without a level increase.

So…they make the mobs fight more intelligently without making them higher than level 85…we’ve already seen them do that with Living Story mobs. There are multiple ways to make a zone more difficult. Again, you’re grasping at straws to justify complaining when there’s nothing to complain about.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

WHAT!?!?! They are doing exactly what they said they’d be doing for the last 6 months!?!?!

THE OUTRAGE!!!!!

It’s too bad they didn’t have ascended gear finished before launch. The sheeple here never would have made a single thread if they had finished it on time. They would of happily ground out the gear and crafted it just like they did when they went from rares→exotics at 80 or from masterwork→Rares while leveling up.

But instead they take their time and implement it right and it’s the death of the world as we know it.

Posted by: mikoolios.2453

mikoolios.2453

I have trouble taking that sincerely, since all I see is treadmill.

You’re blowing this far out of proportion. This game does not have a gear treadmill – a gear treadmill implies receiving new gear at regular (often frequent) intervals, at least to me. Over the course of a year we’re getting one new full set of items. One upgrade per slot.

A gear treadmill would be something like Warcraft or Everquest, where you’re grinding for better stats within each tier as well. All exotics are the same in this game. Not so in Everquest 2 – you constantly upgrade fabled to fabled (exotic-equivalent tag), every raid zone upgraded gear from the last, within the same tier. Every group zone upgraded your legendary item (equiv. to Rare in this) to a better legendary item. And you NEED those upgrades to move on to the next set of zones. That’s what I would call a treadmill.

That said, I’m not a fan of ascended, but you don’t need ascended outside of Fractals and perhaps WvW. That argument I can see and tend to agree with, but they’ve said WvW isn’t really made to be balanced, hence why you can take non-80’s without all their skill slots wearing fine/masterwork gear into it.

(edited by mikoolios.2453)

TooBz.3065

Currently full ascended zerker trinkets give a zerker whatever a 6.4% increase in damage per hit. If ascended weapons and armor follow the same path we can expect an 8% damage increase from those.

I agree that this doesn’t matter in PvE, which is too easy and zerker focused. But it will be a big deal in WvW.

Posted by: Darkdanjal.3401

Darkdanjal.3401

GW2 is just turning out to be a MINDLESS GEAR FARM with the exception of other MMOs where you actually had something no one else would get.

there is no exception or any title for a casual or hardcore gamer, its both the same in PVE and PvP and btw after ascended there is still legendary armor in case you forgot.

PVE has no value as story is just forgotten along the way and the one thing you can do is hunting achievements which any casual player can get during time.

where is the part where you have you to work weeks for a part of gear which no one else can get unless you work with a team really hard for it, its a freaking MMORPG.

Gamers want to accomplish something in an MMO and the way I see it GW2 has nothing big to offer example is in P vP omg those wings look awesome, a week later everyone was walking around with them, its the same with thos achievement chest:
hey choose a reward, ANYONE can pick that reward, where are the titles the UNIQUE skins which you have to work for weeks and weeks for…there is just nothing

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

but what if I want to do those crappy dungeons? Why should there be only 2 ways of getting it and why does it have to be time gated?

I don’t know I didn’t make it.

Mirta.5029

WHAT!?!?! They are doing exactly what they said they’d be doing for the last 6 months!?!?!

THE OUTRAGE!!!!!

It’s too bad they didn’t have ascended gear finished before launch. The sheeple here never would have made a single thread if they had finished it on time. They would of happily ground out the gear and crafted it just like they did when they went from rares->exotics at 80 or from masterwork->Rares while leveling up.

But instead they take their time and implement it right and it’s the death of the world as we know it.

No, actually if I knew it back them that the top gear tier is going to be time gated and expensive to make I would either have not created a single alt or I would have not picked up this game.
I just feel out of energy. I don’t really want to argue, I just want a carrot that I can get instead of one far beyond my reach. Making it obtainable only trough a certain way is a mistake. Releasing it all at once is a mistake. Making it heavily time gated is a mistake. It just reminds me so much of how WoW has started. Gear progression was not heavy when it started. It only got that way as it went along the path. I’m sad because I love this game. Well I loved it 3 hours ago. Now I just kind of want to switch it off and become pro at smite or reach the max rank in Battlefield Bad Company 2 before they shut the servers down. And before anyone asks – if they make this in a wrong way and I will leave after it I won’t curse the game. IT was a great experience up until now. And yes, I’ll give my stuff away. And I don’t want this to be a “I leave” thread. Nor do I want to threaten and I don’t think that me leaving would be threatening. This game will be successful no matter what. I’m just upset.

(edited by Mirta.5029)

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

I’m still amazed that people freak out and rage over a tiny increase in tier, and you do not need full ascended gear to do fractals, if you do you might wanna reconsider doing fractals at all. The pitiful gains from running a full asended set is laughable. the only reason people want them at all is for infusions.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

Posted by: Arnath.2319

Arnath.2319

After so many people complained that they were unable to craft ascended gear ArenaNet will finally allow it and what happens? People complain.

So many childish immature people posting on these forums.

ArenaNet have given us EVERYTHING we have ever asked for yet you still have to complain.

There is no pleasing some people…

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

After so many people complained that they were unable to craft ascended gear ArenaNet will finally allow it and what happens? People complain.

So many childish immature people posting on these forums.

ArenaNet have given us EVERYTHING we have ever asked for yet you still have to complain.

There is no pleasing some people…

Welcome to the internet.

Posted by: Chuo.4238

Chuo.4238

Well, we’re not in Guild Wars any more. But I guess we knew that.

My guess is they ran so many anti-gear grind people off by now that they reckon that more gear is what the remnant of their audience wants.

GG, ArenaNet. Way to NOT freaking learn from November. And here I was, after months of not playing GW2, tentatively getting my feet wet again and trying to give it a chance.

Wake up. Gear ruins games. Apply some effort and imagination into making it fun, instead.

Screw this.

Posted by: Feed Me Change.6528

Feed Me Change.6528

I’m still amazed that people freak out and rage over a tiny increase in tier, and you do not need full ascended gear to do fractals, if you do you might wanna reconsider doing fractals at all. The pitiful gains from running a full asended set is laughable. the only reason people want them at all is for infusions.

I did some random, pure speculative math, holding a 10% increase on Power/Precision for Berserker Armor including CURRENT Ascended Trinkets and the overall increase for Power was 5.49% and Precision was 3.88%, which isn’t even the case for current Exotic -> Asc. It’s closer to 11% main stat, 8% secondary stat.

Current Exotic:
H 45 32
S 34 24
C 101 72
G 34 24
L 67 48
B 34 24
Greatsword: 179 128

Speculated Asc:
H 50 35
S 37 26
C 111 79
G 37 26
L 74 53
B 37 26
Greatsword: 197 141

Overall your numbers, including base 916, would look like this:
Exotic:
Power 1918
Precision 1614

Ascended:
Power 2030
Precision 1680

The big difference will come from the Critical Damage. I added a ~1% increase for all armor pieces (2% for chest), so 26 total + 10% from weapon. This is where the Effective Power shoots up from 2710.79 to 2959.87.

Feel free to double check the math, and like I said, it’s pure speculation but the overall stats changes aren’t high enough to worry about unless you REALLY want to min/max.

Any other stat sets people would want looked at? and is 5% primary and 3% secondary really that crazy? Heck, you can TRAIT for that..

NSP>ET>SoS>BG>ET>SoS>JQ>SoS>Mag>JQ
My fun laughs at your server pride.

(edited by Feed Me Change.6528)

Posted by: Dan.2940

Dan.2940

Alright, first of all, did Anet not admit to ascended pieces being a big mistake and that they should never have added them in the first place? Now they add more? Uhm. What???? I honestly don’t understand the need for better stats than exotic stats, at a certain point it should come down to skill, not stats.

Some might argue that the stat difference is small and that it won’t make much of a difference, however now there’s 6 more pieces of equipment with better stats, AND weapons… I’m pretty sure that will be a big stat difference in comparison to someone wearing full exotics…

Now, even after all of these new stat boosts, i don’t mind it staying in PvE, but JUST PvE. If someone is able to kill a mob faster than me because they have better stats, i don’t mind, but bringing those stats to WvW, to get an advantage over other players starts crossing the line to everything Anet said they wouldn’t do.

| Siynn – Lvl 80 Thief | Jaata – Lvl 80 Engineer |
| Smitê – Lvl 80 Guardian | Arraxie – Lvl 80 Ele |
Ehmry Bay