Sylvari gem store armor/skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Ok, some of us love our Sylvari characters and Sylvari lore. To the point that we use only things sylvari gearwise or at least try to.

the problem is, we are quite limited. We have practically four (4) choices – the 3 tiers cultural and the Twilight Arbor. All the other races have quite inter-changeable armors, we are supposed to actually grow our armor and that is why it looks, well, plant-ish. I would really love (and I’m sure I’m not the only one) to have some more variety in the “all things sylvari” area.

Could we please at least get some in the gem store?

And now that I’ve talked about races and gear, can someone in the dev team please work a tad more on the Charr variants of the gear? Hoodies (like some light armor head gear or some medium one) on the Charr look, well, ridiculous. It’s like they are trying to have a facial or something.

Posted by: LadySwan.8751

LadySwan.8751

I think the problem with this is that if they put armor for one specific race in the gemstore others might complain,.
I love my Sylvari’s to death too (although I don’t limit myself to just plant armor) I’d love to see more sylvari themed armor.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

I’ve suggested in the past that I’d love to see a full Toxic Armor set get released.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

There’s Sylvari NPCs in game that dress in clothes rather than growing their own (pirates and such).

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

I know there are, but I don’t see what that has to do with anything in my OP.

In the gemstore there already is human-themed armor. Lots of it.

Toxic armor sounds nice. I think they did an awesome job with all sylvari-style armor, and the medium and light female TA armor is just exquisite. I just hope one day maybe they’ll give us more?

Posted by: Ykfox.3825

Ykfox.3825

In all honesty, I wouldn’t be surprised if they do introduce some more plant themed armor’s. With us going after Mordremoth in the Living World atm, it’s basically the perfect time to introduce it. Whether they do it via Gem Store or some other way.

Posted by: Forgotten Legend.9281

Forgotten Legend.9281

one of the things i love about Sylvari cultural armour is that parts of it change colour based on the colour of the Sylvari’s own skin.

i would love to see more armour designed like this.

i would even love to see animations of the armour growing or receding / retracting, but that may be asking too much due to the limited resources.

– The Baconnaire

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Or get rid of the gemstore bit and actually put content/armors/skins behind rewarding in-game content instead of shoving everything behind a price tag.

While I would love to see more sylvari armor I’d really hate to see them put into the gemstore.

Posted by: Selene.9415

Selene.9415

Maybe they could add a cultural themed outfit (usable on all races of course) as a reward for completing the cultural armor achievements of each race?

So, buy 18 pieces of Sylvari cultural armor, get a sylvari themed outfit, etc.

Posted by: ProtoGunner.4953

ProtoGunner.4953

I use a mixture of cultural T1 and Nightmare armor on my Sylvari Ranger. It just looks awesome. Yeah sure just give us another plant-themed set that can be worn by all races.

‘would have/would’ve been’ —> correct
‘would of been’ —> wrong

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

I agree with OP. This is so sad…

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

there should be more cultural sets in general… there might be a reason for some people why they play a specific race

Posted by: Valento.9852

Valento.9852

there should be more cultural sets in general… there might be a reason for some people why they play a specific race

I don’t like to sound unfair, but sylvari are plants… it’s different – very different – from other races. :/

Attempts at ele specs:
Shaman
Conjurer

Posted by: FlamingFoxx.1305

FlamingFoxx.1305

I don’t see why any Sylvari inspired armour in the gem store would have to be Sylvari exclusive anyway. I’m sure there are players with characters of other races who might like plant armour.

+1 from me. I would kill for more Sylvari armour.

Posted by: iriyabran.6218

iriyabran.6218

Sylvari armor is very limited. Sylvari look best in planty armor. The only thing that’s close in the gems store are the toxic gloves/shoulders…but they’re not even dyeable? Need more sylvari based armor and one that shows off glowing body areas too.

Especially now that the LS is about the plant dragon. Please Anet.

Posted by: Pixelpumpkin.4608

Pixelpumpkin.4608

I know there are, but I don’t see what that has to do with anything in my OP.

Eh, what I’m saying is this: Sylvari are plants that emulate humanoids. You say that they are “supposed” to grow their own clothes and I disagree. Emulating humanoids to the degree that that includes not only walking, dancing, eating, drinking, speaking, fighting but also clothing like them seems to be popular with the Sylvari.

That being said, I am all for putting an armor in the gem store that has certain plat parts (maybe a mix) and utilizes the Sylvari glow color (for Sylvari characters only, while every other race would just get a static color there). I’m sure it would sell like hotcakes.

Posted by: kaat.8237

kaat.8237

The Chef Outfit has a different look for the Sylvari than for the other races. It would be great if more items had different looks depending on which race is wearing them. Sylvari themed Pirate (seaweed look?) or other armor/outfits would be great.

MARA on Gunner’s Hold

Posted by: Basaltface.2786

Basaltface.2786

I don’t like to sound unfair, but sylvari are plants… it’s different – very different – from other races. :/

Its also not that easy for any other non human to represent their race and for what they are known for, sure.. beeing a plant and growing your armor is…unique, but so is a garden gnome sized race of pretty much technomancers with a sorta mayan meets tron style and a 4 eared, 4 horned cat ogre race that pretty much reached the industrial era. I dont mean to insult anybody.. but if you are not a human or norn (prefered female, but males arent that far behind) you will have a though time to find anything to really show the attributes of your race of choice..cept maybe the cultural sets (and even those are for some races extremely wtf, im looking at you medium charr cultural t1 (its rags and ropes.. yea clearly a sign of advance). Not only sylvari got the issue.. trust me on that one, hence why i said there should be more cultural sets in general… or how about that cook outfit? Saw what this thing did? It changed to pretty much perfectly put the style of each race into a spotlight… if anything there should be more of that stuff (as armor SKINS for christs sake!) in the gem store so nobody feels left behind. I might not play sylvari…but i do like to see a good looking one, like i do with any race, gender and profession

Posted by: Alga.6498

Alga.6498

I totally agree, I would love to have more Sylvarish armors that looks great on Sylvari.
I just dislike how they look in ’human-made looking armor’, my Sylvari characters are only going to wear Cultural and Nightmare armors..
So I totally agree with you!
It would be even more amazing to see more outfits just like the outfit ’’Chief'’, where every race has their own cultural cook outfit(s)..!

|GW1 2008~|GW2 BETA player|Separatist|Nightmare Court|Ebonhawke|Ascalon|White Mantle|71 characters|

Posted by: Gryphon.2875

Gryphon.2875

It would be even more amazing to see more outfits just like the outfit ‘’Chief’’, where every race has their own cultural cook outfit(s)..!

+10000

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Why does it need to be in the gem store?

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want