Thirdpartysoftwarereadme.txt

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

Pinkamena Diane Pie.8054

So what’s this all about, with this feature patch this file appeared in my install directory.

The WvW Forum Poster Formerly Known As Omaris Mortuus Est

Posted by: Zepidel.5349

Zepidel.5349

Hopefully were seeing the beginning of 3rd party mod/app support.

-UI overhauls
-DPS meters
-QoL information via HUD
-Wiki type plugins (information on dungeons/bosses/quests)
-Event trackers
-Shader libraries / AA injection
-Trading Post mods (in game spidy)
etc…

Posted by: nOxe.6293

nOxe.6293

DPS meter is the last thing this game needs.

Nelizea (Guardian)
[MM] Midnight Mayhem (Gunnar’s Hold) (Megaserverized..)
[TxS] Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: tota.4893

tota.4893

Seems far more likely that it’s just a listing of the terms and conditions under which ArenaNet used code from third party libraries. Many libraries’ licenses usually require anyone redistributing pieces of them to display the license and/or a copyright statement somewhere.

At a quick glance, a lot of them are probably just dependencies of the built-in Awesomium web browser.

Posted by: Gwalchgwn.1659

Gwalchgwn.1659

Zepidel, I doubt it, they really really really hate 3rd party programs (a lot of people got banned from GW1 for using small things like that)

Ring of Fire
GL – “The Afternoon’s Watch” [OATH]

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

lol, I can see it now “lvl 80 experienced heaver zerker no necro/engi/ranger dps meter or kick”

NSPride <3

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

this is list of app’s that gw2 using. like crash reports, debugs etc

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

-UI overhauls
-DPS meters
-QoL information via HUD
-Event trackers
etc…

Sorry – WIki still says no 3rd party apps allowed.

Zepidel.5349

-UI overhauls
-DPS meters
-QoL information via HUD
-Event trackers
etc…

Sorry – WIki still says no 3rd party apps allowed.

Things are always subject to change (and thats why I said the “beginning” of), they allowed the combat mod iir. Also they said they wanted to work with people to create 3rd party apps for the game in the same staff post addressing 3rd party software.

As far as DPS meters are concerned, people have a right to choose who they group with, a zerker gear check, meele only, potion/sigil check works right now, it may take 10 minutes to find a group, but if you are doing multiple paths or fractals its worth it 100% if you absolutely must PUG. DPS meter doesn’t change much, only makes it easier to enforce.

And with the crit damage nerf you are going to see a rise in this anyways thanks to it hurting dps for all groups, people are going to want full zerk runs even more.

Zepidel.5349

bump, not sure why no one is talking about this.

Zepidel.5349

No one cares?

Posted by: Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

Snoring Sleepwalker.9073

It’s a text file. Reading it might give you a clue what it’s about.

It’s also not present on my install, so I am curious.

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

It’s nothing special. It’s simply part of the user agreement (on 3rd party software included with Gw2)

15. THIRD PARTY TECHNOLOGY

You acknowledge that (i) the Game may contain other software or components that are either owned by a third party or in the public domain, and (ii) NCSOFT has no proprietary interest in such software or components (collectively and each, the “Third Party Software”), and as such, cannot grant you a license to use such Third Party Software. A listing of any such Third Party Software (if applicable) is made available to you in the Documentation, the “Read Me” files for each component of Third Party Software, and is set forth in the THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.txt file located in the installation directory of the Software, and is available upon written request from NCSOFT. Your rights in any such Third Party Software are governed by and subject to the terms and conditions set forth in the applicable third party licenses set forth in the Documentation, the “Read Me” files for each component of Third Party Software, and in the THIRDPARTYSOFTWAREREADME.txt file located in the installation directory of the Software. By installing or using any such Third Party Software, you acknowledge and agree to fully comply with such terms and conditions. IN ADDITION TO ANY DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN SUCH TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE DISCLAIMERS SET FORTH IN SECTION 12 ABOVE AND THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SET FORTH IN SECTION 12 ABOVE SHALL APPLY TO NCSOFT, ANY THIRD-PARTIES UNDER AGREEMENT WITH NCSOFT, ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATE OF NCSOFT, ANY EMPLOYEE, AGENT, SUPPLIER, LICENSEE, CUSTOMER, DISTRIBUTOR, SHAREHOLDER, DIRECTOR OR OFFICER OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING, AND ANY LICENSORS OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING WITH RESPECT TO SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE. NCSOFT IS NOT OBLIGATED TO PROVIDE SUPPORT SERVICES FOR ANY SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE UNLESS EXPRESSLY AGREED TO IN WRITING BY NCSOFT UNDER A SEPARATE AGREEMENT. YOU FURTHER AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS AND DEFEND NCSOFT, ANY THIRD-PARTIES UNDER AGREEMENT WITH NCSOFT, ANY PARENT, SUBSIDIARY OR AFFILIATE OF NCSOFT, OR ANY EMPLOYEE, AGENT, SUPPLIER, LICENSEE, CUSTOMER, DISTRIBUTOR, SHAREHOLDER, DIRECTOR OR OFFICER OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING, AND ANY LICENSORS OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIMS OR LAWSUITS, INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES, THAT ARISE OR RESULT FROM THE USE OR DISTRIBUTION OF SUCH THIRD PARTY SOFTWARE.

http://us.ncsoft.com/en/legal/user-agreements/guild-wars-2-user-agreement.php

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

It has SOMETHING to do with http://www.boost.org/ AND what Healix refers to in his spoiler.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

Still waiting for official support of Immersive Combat mod.

It’s the only way I can play this game, without it, I would have never been able to enjoy guild wars * -*

http://wesslen.org/ICM/

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

DPS meter will be the day I quit GW2.

Which will be weird, considering all the fan music I’ve done/plan to do for it.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Trixie.7614

Trixie.7614

Why? At least give an option to turn it off. Game will be more enjoyable when people ask for damage dealing people and get just that. If someone wants to run another build, they can find another party.

Glorious Human Master Race

Posted by: Okamie.9270

Okamie.9270

Why? At least give an option to turn it off. Game will be more enjoyable when people ask for damage dealing people and get just that. If someone wants to run another build, they can find another party.

Catering to elitists at all is generally a bad thing. We’re better off without it.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

Catering to elitists at all is generally a bad thing. We’re better off without it.

We’re better off without it”, AND THEM.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

How does anyone create a build without measuring? I’m all for MORE analytical tools for us to work with. That’s like blindfolding everyone because a few are prejudice of a certain color.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

No. This game doesn’t need a DPS meter. It will turn into just another number game. Just like WoW did. Just like ESO is already becoming. It turns communities toxic. It takes away from the simple “We’re entering a dungeon for adventure and loot” feeling of games that don’t have it. It takes all that away and replaces it all with people only caring about DPS. This is NOT the game for it and it never should be implemented.

Posted by: Rod.6581

Rod.6581

I would gladly use any software, bannable or not, that helps me actually SEE what I’m fighting.

Anything that could make me move enemy hp bar or completely remove particle effects from game would be great!

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/How-to-move-target-s-hp-bar-somewhere-else/first#post3723378

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Can-anyone-really-see-through-the-clutter/first

Posted by: Muffin Nook.5923

Muffin Nook.5923

You can still enter a dungeon for adventure and loot. You just won’t be doing it with a speedclear group.
What happened to play how you want?
A lot of players would love to know the DPS of their various builds at a glance, not just the high end speedclear groups/guilds.