Take care Guild Wars Community!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

If there’s no expansion by Christmas, I will be gone permanently as well.

2 days ago you said you uninstalled. I thought you quit already.

I did. I reinstalled last night, deleted my 35 Engineer to free up a slot so I could test the NPE. Got my new Sylvari Necro to 15 today – made some posts about it.

Aside from the NPE stuff, I still don’t want to play this game unless there’s going to be more content.

Posted by: JarrodJames.6845

JarrodJames.6845

Minecraft was made to be modded lol didn’t really get the point of the console versions

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i’ve been playing since closed beta and well… the game isn’t going in a direction that seems logical and fun. i haven’t been logging in as much as i used to, so i might just end up floating to another game too.

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I really, really wish there was something else that appealed to me, if there was I’d not be seen for dust.

Thanks to Anet for helping me enjoy my week off from work. With no GW2 to hold my interest, I’ve been having a blast on my new motorbike!

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Am now actively looking for an alternative to GW2. Sad, really.

Archeage is a question mark, ESO is abysmal, Wildstar I won’t touch…and I’ll never go back to WoW.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I have had a blast playing gw2. I have played Guild Wars since Prophecies. I had an awesome time while doing so.

Gw2 started off pretty good for me, but somewhere… they dropped the ball. Somewhere along the way it Just… seemed to me to have dropped the ball.

Not gonna turn this Into a " This is where you messed up!" post since my complaints, and My kudos about where it went wrong, and where it was right, are there , and were more than likely already read.

Archeage launches tomorrow for early access. The money I was holding on to pay Anet for an expansion went into Founders. I gave Anet 2 years. I waited patiently…

I am prepared to give Archeage two years. I had an awesome time at Beta…. as I had an awesome time at Gw2 beta… and headstart.

I know i butted heads with many of you in the past… but it was never personal. I will miss those discussions, especially the Mount ones. :P

Devata, come to AA, they have mounts!!! seriously, I Love My elk.

If anyone ever finds themselves on Naima server send Nerelith a letter, would love to hear from you.

Finally to Anet. Thank you for Guild Wars. Thank you for Guild Wars 2. I did enjoy the game mostly… It’s just suddenly, …I find that While AA is Not a Pure sandbox MMO,… ( they call it Sandpark)…I would Like to explore the more sandboxy features In AA.

I wish everyone the best :-)

Vayne, stay cool, and look me up on AA if you ever come visit :P

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: Rogue.7856

Rogue.7856

Take the cue… Fix the game… people that took a break from the game wont even stick around if they play this feature patch level gated content. Its a major downgrade.

GL to you all, I hope the state of the game changes

GG Alts 09/09/14

Sept 09 patch, killed me and my wife’s alt experience…

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

Because this seems like a very positive and good thread for kindly and politely leaving, I will also say, good day all. I hope you find the game for you. I’ll miss everyone here, but I’m also leaving. <3

No more Asura cuties, but I’ll leave you with one last one.

Oh, Jaya! I’m so sad to see you’re leaving. <3

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Posted by: CalamityO.2890

CalamityO.2890

To those leaving the game, fare well and enjoy what ever game you are on.

@ Lilith, to see you go is a major blow to the dungeon community. And to the game itself. As one of the biggest supporters of this game and community (along with Vayne). Indicates just how bad it has gotten.

If Vayne throws in the towel, then that should be an indication that the game is going to struggle. For most that are leaving; this game will not be remembered for what it is, but what it became.

Personally I’m going to tough it out with the game. NPE and all.

inthecubbyhole.wordpress.com

Posted by: Sarah.1825

Sarah.1825

I will also say goodbye, only in the hopes that Anet actually takes note of this thread. I have played almost exactly 700 days, I have played more than 4100 hours, I have 36 toons, 16 of which are level 80, the rest in 5 level increments from 75 down.

After the trait changes in April, I had a hard time convincing myself to do a leveling round (getting each toon 5 levels) but I more or less stuck it out because of my guild, OCD (love you all). With this feature pack I see that the game is going in directions that I don’t agree with. That’s fine, it’s not my company and having been in the gaming industry for almost a decade, I understand the pressures that the Devs have to work under.

Making an already simple game into an idiot-proof game is not where I want to spend my time and money. As others are doing, I am voting with my wallet. Do I think it will change anything? No. It will only give me the money that I spent on gems to spend somewhere else, as well as lower blood pressure since I will not spend hours a day frustrated and bored trying to find fun in a game that I used to love.

I will keep an eye on the forums and with my friends who still play, while they still play, just in case. A also point out a statistic, for every person that posts on a game forum, there are 10 that agree without posting, and 100 that agree without ever coming to the forums. This goes for good and bad posts, so maybe with time the tide will turn back to good posts again.

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

Because this seems like a very positive and good thread for kindly and politely leaving, I will also say, good day all. I hope you find the game for you. I’ll miss everyone here, but I’m also leaving. <3

Oh no! I was going to make inquiries about Noob.

Boooo!

Have fun with whatever it is your off to do.

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Boooo!

Please don’t hesitate to contact the other leaders. Noob is very much alive without me.

@Calamity thanks for the kind words. I’ll be back if they fix what they broke. Good luck with your endeavors!

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

zenleto.6179

Boooo!

Please don’t hesitate to contact the other leaders. Noob is very much alive without me.

@Calamity thanks for the kind words. I’ll be back if they fix what they broke. Good luck with your endeavors!

Nah. I was only looking into it because you have a decent online presence. I’ll go back to just thinking about doing dungeons lol

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Oh noes Take care lilith.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Thank god.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Blackjacks.9856

Blackjacks.9856

Is “The Secret World” any good?

At the rist of derailing the thread (and risking a closing since it’s no longer about GW2), I’d say The Secret World is GREAT, but also very different from GW2.

My experience is from back when I was playing (before GW2 release and sporadically afterwards). If you like good stories, the the storyline and the delivery are EXCELLENT, I’d say it’s one of the best MMOs out there when it comes to storyline, lots of memorable characters.

On the other hand, if you’re looking for lots of group content, and specially open world group content, look elsewhere. The game is very athmospheric, and actually works better when there are fewer people running around. Some quests are easier with groups, but also most of quest lines have solo instances so you won’t be able to complete them from beggining to end with a group. Each area has a 5 man dungeon but chances are you’ll outlevel (your character doesn’t have levels, but your gear does) them long before you manage to find a group to do them, but you can do them at level cap in a harder mode anyway, which is what most people do. Dungeons are great and usually short, most boss fights have interesting mechanics (it’s a trinity based game), and there’s very little trash to fight, so usually you go almost straight from boss to boss.

My favorite thing about TSW is the investigation quests, but they’re not for everyone. Basically they’re quests where you have to think more than you have to fight. BTW, if you believe that the game should give you all the information to complete the quests, look elsewhere, as you will have to frequently look for outside sources to complete them, and asking for solutions in open chat is generally frowned upon the community, as it would accidentally spoil the answer to someone that is trying to do them on their own (asking for the answer to be whispered or in private chat is ok, though).

Some examples of that, at one point in egypt you get an item relate to some biblical events, but the names used to activate the item are in ancient hebrew, so you have to find out somewhere how those were written to use the item, at another point (this one is early in the game) you spy on a communication sent to someone that might be an undercover agent for a rival organization, the comnunication is a series of beeps (turns out it’s morse code) which you need to manually transcribe and decode, another one you’re looking for information related to a specific (fictional) celebrity in the area, you find another character that has a fansite that might have that information… and the website URL you’re given is a real website (created by funcom, of course) where you can dig around to find the information.

Biggest problem, however, is replayability. Any character can eventually get enough points to basically have any build, so there’s really little incentive to create alts. The story is great, but once you’ve gone trough it, even if you do chose another organization, changes very little on a second playtrough. End game consists basically on the same 8 dungeons in hard mode, then again in nightmare mode and (as of last time I played) 1 short raid with a single boss. The story continues on more chapters, including new areas as well, but you have to buy them. Still, I’d recommend it at least for one playtrough.

This guy nails it

Posted by: Windsagio.1340

Windsagio.1340

Flouncity flounce flounce

Guhracie.3419

Thank god.

Why the need for this sort of vitriol? Shame on you.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien

zenleto.6179

Thank god.

I thought the Thank God was for Lilith putting up a last picture.

The post before yours however…

Guhracie.3419

Thank god.

Eh, at least the post before mine isn’t a personal jab. If it was genuine gratitude about the last screenie, my apologies, and thanks for pointing out the possibility to me.

-Mike O’Brien

Lunar Sunset.8742

Thank god.

I hate those rat creatures, big ugly mole rats. /shutters

Glad that was cleared up.

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

(edited by Lunar Sunset.8742)

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

Thank god.

LOL just for that <3

I leave you this creep. I’ll miss you. And everyone else who hated the glorious asura screens.

Attachments:

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Posted by: Asacledhae.2650

Asacledhae.2650

To all those leaving: Don’t let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya.

Good attitude. Empty mega server eventually must be your cup of tea.

It won’t.

Megamauler will continuously harass him to change instance due to the lack of players. Eventually, if everyone leaves, then he’ll end up getting a: “Sorry, there aren’t enough players to open an instance. Instead, you’ve been taken in a queue. Your instance opens in 109:45:29 hours, please be patient.” message instead..

The reasons we love the new downgra…..er….feature patch :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-On3Ya0_4Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqJlKjwrKB4

Lunar Sunset.8742

Thank god.

LOL just for that <3

I leave you this creep. I’ll miss you. And everyone else who hated the glorious asura screens.

Have fun, wherever you go

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: Nerelith.7360

Nerelith.7360

Thank god.

LOL just for that <3

I’ll Miss the Asura. They are one of the reasons i hung around as Long… feisty kittenes, that may have been evolved from a genetic experiment between a rat, and a shark,..thay may tend to …revert.. and eat someone.

But….

Sometimes it’s good to look for something different. I remember playing the closed beta of Archeage, and turning to My SO, and telling her… " I haven’t had this Much fun since EverQuest…" ( Not Eq2. That game has the same relationship with EverQuest that Gw2 has with Guild Wars.)… then I discovered … xp loss on death…and that clinched it for me.

The mind is its own place and in itself, can make a Heaven of Hell, a Hell of Heaven.

Posted by: gryph.8734

gryph.8734

It won’t.

Megamauler will continuously harass him to change instance due to the lack of players. Eventually, if everyone leaves, then he’ll end up getting a: “Sorry, there aren’t enough players to open an instance. Instead, you’ve been taken in a queue. Your instance opens in 109:45:29 hours, please be patient.” message instead..

You people flatter yourselves. It’ll take many more than the number of whiners in these forums to have a meaningfully negative impact on the future of GW2.

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

You will be missed! Hopefully the game improves and brings you back, but have fun whatever you end up doing.

Asacledhae.2650

It won’t.

You people flatter yourselves. It’ll take many more than the number of whiners in these forums to have a meaningfully negative impact on the future of GW2.

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re wrong. Only time will tell, my friend.

Calling someone a whiner for having an opinion different than yours however, is a whole different ball game. So please be polite to your fellow players and community, such attitude does you no credit.

Oh and, in case you (obviously) failed to notice, I was making a joke. Don’t you think that such a thing would’ve been absurd?

gryph.8734

It won’t.

Maybe you’re right, maybe you’re wrong. Only time will tell, my friend.

Calling someone a whiner for having an opinion different than yours however, is a whole different ball game. So please be polite to your fellow players and community, such attitude does you no credit.

Oh and, in case you (obviously) failed to notice, I was making a joke. Don’t you think that such a thing would’ve been absurd?

I’m sorry if my bile was misdirected. I just get tired of the same old crud every time a change is made to one of my favorite games. The same old arguments seem to come back time-and-again. It wears on me.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

It won’t.

Says the guy with a 6 hour forum presence. It’s ok if you are new here but calling people whiners who genuinely care(d) for the game is just [deleted due to content]. More people leave the game without saying a word compared to the forums. Have fun new guy.

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Good luck in your future endeavors! Can I have your stuff? ;D

If i like Archeage as much as i hope i will gladly give you my stuff.

Give it six months before you make that decision.

Leo Paul.1659

As much as I criticize and whine against Anet’s recent decisions, I really don’t want people to leave the game. I blame it on my borderline personality disorder!

People leaving the forums on the other hand, I have no problem with.

gryph.8734

It won’t.

Says the guy with a 6 hour forum presence. It’s ok if you are new here but calling people whiners who genuinely care(d) for the game is just [deleted due to content]. More people leave the game without saying a word compared to the forums. Have fun new guy.

Oh I know. Many more people are upset than are represented on this forum because…

…wait for it…

This forum isn’t representative of the entire population of GW2 players!

You think maybe that these whiners (Yeah. I went there…) are overestimating their ability to damage a game that doesn’t even have a monthly subscription fee by picking up their ball and going home? Good riddance!

And by the by, if I talk about whiners and you take it personally, perhaps you should ask yourself why. If you think I need convincing that the whiners feel like they cared for the game without regard for the fact that they bothered to play in the first place, aren’t you insulting my intelligence?

Shazam!

Posted by: Vanive.3804

Vanive.3804

To all who are leaving…please email me your mats and whatever gold you have.

Thank you

:D

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

Maybe it’s because I don’t kitten around with alts or leveling too much, but I really don’t understand what all the kitten is about. Somebody do me a solid and direct me to a relevant thread detailing why there is such a river of tears today.

Everyone has their reasons. it depends on what they like in game.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-owner-sometimes-required/first#post4390962

Is my reason. For others, its the leveling system, for others, who knows?

Lilith, sad to see you go, even if I only know your forum presence. But it makes sense.

Posted by: bloodletting wolf.2837

bloodletting wolf.2837

It won’t.

Oh I know. Many more people are upset than are represented on this forum because…

…wait for it…

You think maybe that these whiners (Yeah. I went there…) are overestimating their ability to damage a game that doesn’t even have a monthly subscription fee by picking up their ball and going home? Good riddance!

And by the by, if I talk about whiners and you take it personally, perhaps you should ask yourself why. If you think I need convincing that the whiners feel like they cared for the game without regard for the fact that they bothered to play in the first place, aren’t you insulting my intelligence?

Shazam!

Funny thing (haha) I spend more than a subscription on this game atm. The fact that I am rethinking this decision along with many others will effect you in the long run. I’m not leaving just yet if you bothered to read my original post. Why would I insult your intelligence? I neither know nor care who you are. I already know I’m not a whiner, you are just lumping people together under a close minded label.

My point still stands that if the developers of this game continue to ignore what the player base actually want then the game will die. People aren’t going to spend cash on gems or suggest the game to other people if the development continues to go in a direction that people don’t like.

Kapow?

Kaa Mchorror NSP grenadier [hayt]

Asacledhae.2650

I will kindly advise to check the links on my signature, as they contain comments from both a Veteran and a New player.

Erm…..Kerblang!?

gryph.8734

It won’t.

…wait for it…

Shazam!

Funny thing (haha) I spend more than a subscription on this game atm. The fact that I am rethinking this decision along with many others will effect you in the long run. I’m not leaving just yet if you bothered to read my original post. Why would I insult your intelligence? I neither know nor care who you are. I already know I’m not a whiner, you are just lumping people together under a close minded label.

My point still stands that if the developers of this game continue to ignore what the player base actually want then the game will die. People aren’t going to spend cash on gems or suggest the game to other people if the development continues to go in a direction that people don’t like.

Kapow?

You spend more than a subscription on this game because you choose to. If you decided to leave tomorrow, you would not be individually or personally missed — by myself or any Anet staffers. But again, you’d be making a choice. So it’s time to take a dump or get off the pot. Anet has made it abundantly clear that whining on the forums here won’t get the results you’re looking for.

Posted by: szshou.2193

szshou.2193

It won’t.

Megamauler will continuously harass him to change instance due to the lack of players. Eventually, if everyone leaves, then he’ll end up getting a: “Sorry, there aren’t enough players to open an instance. Instead, you’ve been taken in a queue. Your instance opens in 109:45:29 hours, please be patient.” message instead.. :D

…wait for it…

Shazam!

If you haven’t played GW1 or GW2 since the beginning you wouldnt understand how much ANet’s watering down of the game has affected everyone’s morale and desire to play. If you can’t even name your pet, or die in the tutorial instance, or make sense of what’s happening in the ending of the personal story, or access most game content until you hit a certain level it completely destroys immersion and makes you feel like the devs are laughing at you while rolling around in a bathtub full of your money.

With new MMO’s coming out or going into beta such as Archeage or Black Desert don’t be surprised if people leave GW2 by the truckload. NEVER underestimate the power of word-of-mouth; especially in a game that gains momentum through friends joining and playing together. If the devs continue on their path of self-destruction by: Not having Q&A testing, being extremely vague about upcoming releases, and devaluing the player experience to the point of loss of continuity and isolation of new players from genuine game mechanics, then this game will be dead before summer 2015. More and more people from my guild are disappearing even during times that are supposed to make the game thrive like patch days and WvW tournament season. It’s all due to how out of touch the developers are with the actual game, the sad thing is they probably don’t even know where they went wrong, hence the “adopt a dev” ploy so they can actually see what they’re doing wrong (I hope it works). If not then I’ll probably jump ship too when a game I prefer comes out. Which, by the looks of it, will be sooner rather than later.

[eN] midline rallybot

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

It won’t.

…wait for it…

Shazam!

If you haven’t played GW1 or GW2 since the beginning you wouldnt understand how much ANet’s watering down of the game has affected everyone’s morale and desire to play. If you can’t even name your pet, or die in the tutorial instance, or make sense of what’s happening in the ending of the personal story, or access most game content until you hit a certain level it completely destroys immersion and makes you feel like the devs are laughing at you while rolling around in a bathtub full of your money.

With new MMO’s coming out or going into beta such as Archeage or Black Desert don’t be surprised if people leave GW2 by the truckload. NEVER underestimate the power of word-of-mouth; especially in a game that gains momentum through friends joining and playing together. If the devs continue on their path of self-destruction by: Not having Q&A testing, being extremely vague about upcoming releases, and devaluing the player experience to the point of loss of continuity and isolation of new players from genuine game mechanics, then this game will be dead before summer 2015. More and more people from my guild are disappearing even during times that are supposed to make the game thrive like patch days and WvW tournament season. It’s all due to how out of touch the developers are with the actual game, the sad thing is they probably don’t even know where they went wrong, hence the “adopt a dev” ploy so they can actually see what they’re doing wrong (I hope it works). If not then I’ll probably jump ship too when a game I prefer comes out. Which, by the looks of it, will be sooner rather than later.

I’ve played Guild Wars 1, and I don’t feel the way you do. Because I recognize the reality of the situation. The gaming population isn’t what it was when people played EQ and if you make a game for us, it’s going to end up being a much smaller game, with a much smaller population.

This kind of project is ambitious. Anet isn’t a 50 person company anymore, they’ve got more than 300 employees. Realistically they have to attract more people. They’re not going to that by making the same game.

gryph.8734

It won’t.

…wait for it…

Shazam!

That’s a pretty big “if” there. I played Guild Wars quite extensively beating all three chapters and Eye of the North with the same assassin and dervish toons. I played Guild Wars 2 since about one month after release, and I only waited that long because of the temporary suspension of digital sales. You can call me a lot of things, but “inexperienced” is a label that doesn’t fit too well where the Guild Wars/GW2 franchise is concerned.

That being said, why does a game like Archeage (with a subscription fee) or Destiny (FPS, with more in common with Borderlands than any MMO I’ve ever played) even have to cannibalize GW2? One of the points in GW2’s favor that I don’t expect to ever change is that you can quit playing for months and come back freely to pick up right where you left off. Some of us can walk and chew gum and even play more than one popular computer game at a time.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

The early game changes don’t really effect me, but I am still greatly saddened by how much they butchered it. The collection rewards aren’t worth the effort of farming so many massively expensive items either. If I don’t already have an item, it’s because I had no interest in it in the first place. I’ve been playing for 2 years. I am still waiting for more REAL content. I’m sick of these tiny living story updates that have you farm for hours on end for some insignificant items. I’ll come back when theres some significant content added, like a new class, dungeons or even plant themed legendary weapons. I’ll be migrating to archeage until then.

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Archeage will be fun for a little while for no other reason that it will be completely new content.

I don’t expect it to be a great game, doubtful I’ll invest in it. But as something to keep me occupied until Star Citizen comes out – sure. It’s a bunch of places I haven’t seen yet, unlike GW2 where I’ve already seen everything, and nothing new is coming any time soon.

To be honest, I’m almost done with every game pre-Oculus Rift – I’m still waiting to see who makes the first Oculus MMO, and even Star Citizen has portions of it’s game already created for the Oculus – over time, they are planning on adding more and more (this is aside from the fact that you can just play a 2D game in the Oculus if you want – they are creating some parts of the game in 3D specifically for that environment).

GW2 had some awesome art, and to an extent a level of world immersion I don’t really see in MMO’s very much.

That’s what I liked about it. There are so many little things, it would be impossible to list them all. Like walking underneath a tree in Lornar’s Pass and having snow fall on your head (and I swear it makes your character slow down for like .2 seconds….or maybe it’s just me). The fact that you can see beneath the surface of the water while you’re swimming. Or the rain.

But, I think they didn’t take that aspect far enough – they tried way too hard to make the game into a theme park, which as we all know, sooner or later just withers away. Yes, you will draw a larger crowd at first to ooh and ahh at your theme park.

But people get bored fast.

I believe that if they had made the world bigger (or were in the process of making it bigger)…and I mean much bigger, like 2-3x it’s current size, and they continued to refine the immersion aspects of the game (there were supposed to be mini games everywhere you go), instead of trimming them back…heck, even the Living Story could be great if the put a little more effort into it.

They just don’t. All I see is minimal effort to string the thing along another day. Another week of lackluster QoL improvements, trickle of content through the Living Story, poor balance changes, little diversity in builds. Abandoning entire aspects of the game, like Dungeons or SAB.

Yeah, Anet just isn’t an awesome game developer.

Or maybe it’s NCSoft that’s forcing them.

At the end of the day, it won’t matter to me, and thousands of others like me, who just want an awesome game to sit down to for a few hours.

Because we’ll be in Archeage. Or Black Desert, or Star Citizen, or EQNext.

Anything with some new content.

I’m giving Anet until X-mas – if there’s no expansion by then, I will be gone forever.

gryph.8734

Archeage will be fun for a little while for no other reason that it will be completely new content.

I don’t expect it to be a great game, doubtful I’ll invest in it. But as something to keep me occupied until Star Citizen comes out – sure. It’s a bunch of places I haven’t seen yet, unlike GW2 where I’ve already seen everything, and nothing new is coming any time soon.

To be honest, I’m almost done with every game pre-Oculus Rift – I’m still waiting to see who makes the first Oculus MMO, and even Star Citizen has portions of it’s game already created for the Oculus – over time, they are planning on adding more and more (this is aside from the fact that you can just play a 2D game in the Oculus if you want – they are creating some parts of the game in 3D specifically for that environment).

GW2 had some awesome art, and to an extent a level of world immersion I don’t really see in MMO’s very much.

That’s what I liked about it. There are so many little things, it would be impossible to list them all. Like walking underneath a tree in Lornar’s Pass and having snow fall on your head (and I swear it makes your character slow down for like .2 seconds….or maybe it’s just me). The fact that you can see beneath the surface of the water while you’re swimming. Or the rain.

But, I think they didn’t take that aspect far enough – they tried way too hard to make the game into a theme park, which as we all know, sooner or later just withers away. Yes, you will draw a larger crowd at first to ooh and ahh at your theme park.

But people get bored fast.

I believe that if they had made the world bigger (or were in the process of making it bigger)…and I mean much bigger, like 2-3x it’s current size, and they continued to refine the immersion aspects of the game (there were supposed to be mini games everywhere you go), instead of trimming them back…heck, even the Living Story could be great if the put a little more effort into it.

They just don’t. All I see is minimal effort to string the thing along another day. Another week of lackluster QoL improvements, trickle of content through the Living Story, poor balance changes, little diversity in builds. Abandoning entire aspects of the game, like Dungeons or SAB.

Yeah, Anet just isn’t an awesome game developer.

Or maybe it’s NCSoft that’s forcing them.

At the end of the day, it won’t matter to me, and thousands of others like me, who just want an awesome game to sit down to for a few hours.

Because we’ll be in Archeage. Or Black Desert, or Star Citizen, or EQNext.

Anything with some new content.

I’m giving Anet until X-mas – if there’s no expansion by then, I will be gone forever.

If you mean by “expansion” what most of the whiners mean, then you might as well leave now. There won’t be a boxed expansion for GW2 in the foreseeable future.

gryph.8734

The early game changes don’t really effect me, but I am still greatly saddened by how much they butchered it. The collection rewards aren’t worth the effort of farming so many massively expensive items either. If I don’t already have an item, it’s because I had no interest in it in the first place. I’ve been playing for 2 years. I am still waiting for more REAL content. I’m sick of these tiny living story updates that have you farm for hours on end for some insignificant items. I’ll come back when theres some significant content added, like a new class, dungeons or even plant themed legendary weapons. I’ll be migrating to archeage until then.

Leo Paul.1659

I dunno why people like to refer to GW2’s entire playerbase in a thread that is specifically addressed to the community. In most games I’ve played, the community (i.e. the forums, groups, reddit etc.) is aware of its identity and distinguishes itself from the general playerbase.

Also, arguments based solely on belonging in either minority/majority is an ad populum.

Posted by: Gene Archer.8560

Gene Archer.8560

One must wonder why Gryph continues to chose to read the forums when he’s sick of all the negativity, just like how he wonders why people who are sick of the game continue to play.

gryph.8734

I dunno why people like to refer to GW2’s entire playerbase in a thread that is specifically addressed to the community. In most games I’ve played, the community (i.e. the forums, groups, reddit etc.) is aware of its identity and distinguishes itself from the general playerbase.

Also, arguments based solely on belonging in either minority/majority is an ad populum.

I’m making no argument as to the rightness or wrongness of the feature pack based on minority/majority appeal. My assertion is merely that even if a majority of forum posters are whining about it, it does not follow that it will necessarily hurt the game. I am of the opinion that the whiners are wayyyyy overstating their individual importance to the integrity of the game, but I suppose time will tell if I’m right or not.

Posted by: Galphar.3901

Galphar.3901

I’ve played Guild Wars 1, and I don’t feel the way you do. Because I recognize the reality of the situation. The gaming population isn’t what it was when people played EQ and if you make a game for us, it’s going to end up being a much smaller game, with a much smaller population.

This kind of project is ambitious. Anet isn’t a 50 person company anymore, they’ve got more than 300 employees. Realistically they have to attract more people. They’re not going to that by making the same game.

Referring to the bolded selection, perhaps that is why so many MMOs are failing so quickly now. Back in the days of EQ and UO MMOs were “niche” games and 500k subscribers was a success. Now if you don’t have at least 1mil subs then you’re considered a failure and a lot of companies think the only ways to do that a to make WoW clones with a different skin. The reason that A-net had so much success with Guild Wars was because it wasn’t a WoW clone and wasn’t just trying to make money, they made Guild Wars FOR the players and it showed.

Posted by: Sylv.6514

Sylv.6514

I’m keeping my popcorn container. It’s useful for holding junk items.

gryph.8734

Referring to the bolded selection, perhaps that is why so many MMOs are failing so quickly now. Back in the days of EQ and UO MMOs were “niche” games and 500k subscribers was a success. Now if you don’t have at least 1mil subs then you’re considered a failure and a lot of companies think the only ways to do that a to make WoW clones with a different skin. The reason that A-net had so much success with Guild Wars was because it wasn’t a WoW clone and wasn’t just trying to make money, they made Guild Wars FOR the players and it showed.

…and then unfortunately it kind of started to unravel. The players loved Guild Wars, myself included. But Anet realized that at least from a development perspective, they couldn’t continue in that vein indefinitely. It just got too bloated. I had kind of wondered if Anet had found some sort of magic bullet of entertainment in GW2. As much as I personally enjoy GW2, it saddens me to realize that they haven’t.