Templates

Templates

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: schulzki.1862

schulzki.1862

hi all!

in Guild Wars we had templates for Builds. it was very convenient this way! yes i know GW2 ist not GW and we should not compare it(….)
Its just.. that is a feature i really (really,REALLY) miss! the seperate Builds for WvW,Pve and PvP are a step, but not enough for my taste.
Maybe i am just a lazy person, but i think it would make sense and i had to make a post about it

soo… have fun and GL

cheers!

Templates

Posted by: Lehtomaki.8705

Lehtomaki.8705

+1

15 characters.

Templates

Posted by: Zalladi.4652

Zalladi.4652

Suggested oh so many times on the forums, the only developer response was a year ago:

Evan Lesh

We absolutely want to make build templates. They could work similar to GW1, but there are more components to a build now. Using the old string-code method may prove to be unwieldy.

Things that must be in a template:

• Weapons
  • Sigils
  • Rune
  • Amulet
  • Skills
  • Traits

What could be in a template:

• Skins
  • Dyes
  • Outfit
  • Finisher

Things to consider:

• Sharing (chat links? codes? urls?)
  • Viewing (seeing some else’s vs. seeing your own)
  • Saving (notepad vs. local vs. account vs. web)
  • Building (one spot in UI vs. multiple spots)
  • Websites (third-party sites should work with in-game)
  • APIs (Could expose an API to third-parties)
  • PvP vs PvE vs WvW (each mode requires different configuration options)

How would you like to see any/all of these work?

Source

No major action has been taken since that. However, the game does already save your last template for each game mode WvW, SPvP and PvE, so some build template functionality is already there.

Templates

Posted by: schulzki.1862

schulzki.1862

Suggested oh so many times on the forums, the only developer response was a year ago:

Evan Lesh

We absolutely want to make build templates. They could work similar to GW1, but there are more components to a build now. Using the old string-code method may prove to be unwieldy.

Things that must be in a template:

• Weapons
  • Sigils
  • Rune
  • Amulet
  • Skills
  • Traits

What could be in a template:

• Skins
  • Dyes
  • Outfit
  • Finisher

Things to consider:

• Sharing (chat links? codes? urls?)
  • Viewing (seeing some else’s vs. seeing your own)
  • Saving (notepad vs. local vs. account vs. web)
  • Building (one spot in UI vs. multiple spots)
  • Websites (third-party sites should work with in-game)
  • APIs (Could expose an API to third-parties)
  • PvP vs PvE vs WvW (each mode requires different configuration options)

How would you like to see any/all of these work?

Source

No major action has been taken since that. However, the game does already save your last template for each game mode WvW, SPvP and PvE, so some build template functionality is already there.

well, i did not know about that, but it surprises me, unfortunately, not that much… thank you for posting this

cheers!

Templates

Posted by: HaxTester.9816

HaxTester.9816

I really thought anet devs were the best in the industry. I thought they were geniuses and hardworking, and they love to code as much as they love gaming. When are you going to make templates? Expansion 2? It will be a feature in the next expansion and it will be announced on stage in PAX 2017!!!!! OK that maybe too long, how about September 2016 feature pack? Yeah we need feature packs to be grand, so we need to hold up as much “features” as we can so that the feature pack would really look ‘feature packed’, ‘ya know what I’m saying! -.- ETA is 1 year from now, come on anet, give us templates by the next kittening feature pack, or much better, earlier than that. Save your game anet, in League of Legends and Defense of the Ancients and Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2 and so many other games, you could customize your load out based on your team and the other team. Why can’t we have an easy, flexible system in PvP to customize ourselves accordingly at the start of the team battle.

Attachments:

Anvil Rockers Unite!