Teq, Triple Trouble, and Dungeons

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

AC is easier now imo.. soo Easy in fact that its I’ve been running solo boss runs on some of them and winning

Teq and Tripple Wurm however are nowhere near worth the effort anymore..

its far to easy for people to screw the entire map now just by going AFK, not pulling their weight or genuinely not knowing what to do..

The last Teq run I did I counted around 23 dead player icons near his feet.. they remained there for the entire.. battle waiting to be revived…

im done with that content frankly.. im not going to waste my time explaining and constatntly telling people what to do when they don’t care to even listen

unless the map is organized im not going to bother waiting around..

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Essentially OP believes since he paid for the game, that he should not only be able to play 100% of the content (which he can), but that he should be able to easily succeed at it.

I’m sorry, no, sometimes there needs to be something a little bit harder for those of us with above average skill.

Teq specifically became a big AFK fest. You had 75% of the people doing the work, and 25% of the people standing around or running around auto attacking. Now there needs to be a bit more participation and suddenly its the end of the world.

You have access to all of the content. If it’s too hard for you, it’s too hard for you. Move along.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Minigrump.4961

Minigrump.4961

my reaction to most of this thread

Attachments:

Posted by: Breaking Bad.6241

Breaking Bad.6241

Now there needs to be a bit more participation and suddenly its the end of the world.

Basically, yes. The old Teq was full of 1500 range (out of wave range) auto-attackers and melee range rez-me-pls auto-attackers. They now can’t park their chars and come back 15 mins later for the chests.

Posted by: Teratus.2859

Teratus.2859

Teq specifically became a big AFK fest. You had 75% of the people doing the work, and 25% of the people standing around or running around auto attacking. Now there needs to be a bit more participation and suddenly its the end of the world.

YES!! and the worst thing about that is this..

Buffing his HP is getting rid of NONE!! of those people.. in fact its only screwing over that 75% of people who actually do the work..

those 25% of people afk would not get loot anyway upon event completion so they were just wasting map space and time..
but now they will be wasting map space and time AND almost guaranteing that the event will fail..

I stand by my original Idea.. when a Boss goes active if you havent moved or started attacking within 30 seconds you should be kicked from the server without warning

Anet needs to get tougher on these waste of space afkers because they are killing World boss content.. specially the stronger content like Teq and TT..

Bosses that require people to pull thier weight should not be soo easily screwed up by people who are there with no intention of doing anything.. or just trolling the map population for whatever douchbaggery reason they are doing it for

Posted by: Jahroots.6791

Jahroots.6791

Essentially OP believes since he paid for the game, that he should not only be able to play 100% of the content (which he can), but that he should be able to easily succeed at it.

I’m sorry, no, sometimes there needs to be something a little bit harder for those of us with above average skill.

You have access to all of the content. If it’s too hard for you, it’s too hard for you. Move along.

It’s a matter of consistency. Notice how there’s little complaining about dungeons, fractals or TT. Most of us got better at dungeons and failed at TT often enough to walk away with no regrets. The content stayed the same, and we adjusted accordingly. With Teq now, they scaled his difficulty up, down a bit, then up again. People develop expectations after a while, and drastic changes like this are upsetting.

Aside from that, I see nothing wrong with the OP’s expectation for manageable PvE content. I figure most people play that side of MMO for the depth and variety of interesting content, not so much difficulty and bragging rights. That’s more of a twitch gamer and PvP thing, isn’kitten

(edited by Jahroots.6791)

Posted by: Spiuk.8421

Spiuk.8421

I’m going to complain because I can’t win the sPvP tournaments nor stay in a high ladder position to get the exclusive glorious armor and the mini llamas.

Anet, fix this filth.

Rubios – Tales of the Sunless [TXS]

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Don’t listen to the OP. I AM the silent majority. Here is my story:

As someone who played in the betas, and got into Orr before it was nerfed, and spent much time on and off casually working toward my Bolt (got it a few months ago, finally! Yes it took that long) I feel that the content in this game has been getting steadily easier. With the exception of Fractals, the only thing that actually gave me any sense of accomplishment was taking down Tequatl with seconds to spare, because he was actually hard. Then he got so easy that people were burning through his Mega Laser phases back to back. This was wrong and had to be fixed. Additionally, I would like to make a few points:

Firstly, it is not true that “casual gamers” (I would consider myself one, since I occasionally play GW2 for maybe an hour at a time) want easier content. It isn’t, please stop spreading this ridiculous myth.

Secondly, despite not being part of a big guild, I fully support the idea of different tiers of content the upper echelons of which I will not be able to access. OMG WHY U NO WANT TO PLAY ALL CONTENT?! Well, because I understand that I am not the only player this game caters for. There are hardcore players who live and breathe this game, and they will want content that caters for them.

Seriously, it’s a couple of bosses. This is not vanilla World Of Warcraft where 5% got to access the best dungeon and gear. Get over yourself OP, let the hardcore players have their fun because God knows there’s enough content for you and me elsewhere in this game.

Let’s not start a witch hunt for theirs.

Posted by: Elestian.6134

Elestian.6134

Silent majority? Who are you kidding? Have you even read the forums or reddit over the last few days? You belong to the vocal majority who, at the first sign of struggle, have resorted to foot stomping and demanding rewards for attendance. This is not to claim that world bosses cannot be improved, but days after the change I still see the majority of players sitting in the same old half-idle range spots, refusing to make effective use of crit locations, while complaining in /m about how long bosses take.

Combined with the HoT pre-order debacle, I have never before been more disappointed by the GW2 playerbase than in the past few weeks.

(edited by Elestian.6134)

Posted by: Draco.9480

Draco.9480

I’m tired of those people with L2P issues. They just want to get reward for without any effort. Press 1 1 1 and get 100g. If you’re so bad at zis game can’t beat a simple casual game mechanics and complaining it’s hard then you have to quit gaming and knock your head in a bar or something. “Nerf zis it’s very hard I can’t do it because I’m hardcore casual. I want everything without doing anything.”
Those kind of people should play pacman.
Instead making challenging instances you want to nerf the already easy content.
World bosses need to redesign like shatter and jormag to make ’em at least Teq level.

Posted by: Coulter.2315

Coulter.2315

Chilipadiboy, I agree with you. The average gamer does not really enjoy dying over and over with nothing to show for his/her time. They like rewards. They like winning. The recent hp changes are not bringing things like that. They are making things much more frustrating, and time consuming. That’s not fun or rewarding when you have to put in more time and effort for the same reward you got before, and now are more likely to not even be rewarded.

I would mention that this is what turns people from average gamers into good gamers. People have no need to improve if they just get given things for free.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

I’m tired of those people with L2P issues. They just want to get reward for without any effort. Press 1 1 1 and get 100g.

Strawman much?

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

To the OP, thank you for trying. These forums are rife with players who do the most difficult parts of the game because they enjoy it. That includes looking for any single advantage over the other players they can get. The forums is a perfect place to accuse harass and cajole others into giving up so they have a better chance of winning.
That’s the plain and simple fact. What you say can be right or partly right but you will face stern accusations here regardless.
For far too many here, it’s all about their single enjoyment of the game at all costs and that requires other players loosing.
Some of us play for the rewards. Some play to feel better about themselves by putting down others and some are mature enough to accomplish both without insulting others. That isn’t going to change and it’s why the silent majority stays silent on these forums. We all play and advance at our own pace. Don’t let anyone here affect you to the point that it affects your game play.

Posted by: Forsaken.7524

Forsaken.7524

I can understand the sentiment and can appreciate you putting yourself out there amidst what is typically a pretty hostile crowd.

That being said, you have the right to participate in any of the content in this game and to play it in any manner you want. I would only urge you to not deprive others of that right. If there are players who want to do things faster and more efficiently, let them be. Parties that are asking for experienced, level 80 characters are playing the game the way they want to. It isn’t appropriate to ask that these players accommodate your play style while these “average gamers” will not accommodate theirs.

With regards to world bosses, I would encourage you to meet these “elitists” halfway and find other ways to be useful. You can absolutely hold your own on any of the Teq defense teams, for example, on sub-80 characters on any sort of gear and traits. This allows you to build your character exactly how you want and still contribute. In a fight with numerous roles, like Teq and TT, it shouldn’t be the expectation that every build and every character will succeed in every role.

Play how you want, respect others who want to do the same.

(edited by Forsaken.7524)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

How do you even get 30 bleeds in AC? Doesn’t your keyboard have a V button?

Gravelings are evil little kittenters. Especially when you get knocked down with everything on CD.

And OP, minority OR majority, you dont speak for them. Claiming to do so is seriously egotistical and false.

That’s an L2P issue far more than it ever has been a casual issue. I don’t run any real Meta build, never have. I always change things up to my own liking (hello water, fire and arcane traited ele), but I never have problems dodging gravelings. And that has never changed. They always stack bleeds on people 25 is a one shot anyway, cleanse before that happens, dont’ blow all your CDs right away, learn what you can and cannot handle, and also kill the burrows faster to avoid getting bleeds on you at all.

I’ve been running dungeons with pugs just fine since the changes. There is almost nothing changed at all. A few of the lower dungeons take slightly longer with the more penalizing down scaling, but it is really not that bad at all.

EDIT: This comment is directed at the players having problems with dungeons not Basandra themself at all.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

I’m tired of those people with L2P issues. They just want to get reward for without any effort. Press 1 1 1 and get 100g.

With more than 4000 hours play time can not say that i’m a “casual” gamer. But im fully agreed with the OP and i also agreed with you.

The problem is, as far for me, is in the concept of the game itself. This game was not designed for organised group-content (exp. some paths of some dungeons). The Wold-Bosses and any other big events was designed as zerg-conent.

The first change came as Tequatl has been changed, the next one was the Tripple Trouble followed by Dry Top and the last one is the Silverwastes. ( i know the Scarlet Event was also here, but that is now history)

The good Part: the community organised itself and offers for all these bosses/areas organised events.
The very bad part: ANet never says "we change the concept behind the game, away from zerg-conent to “need to be organised”-group-content.

This is the reason why i agreed with the OP. If ANett say nothing, why sould ppl care and how ppl should know, that they need to be organised?

After a year or so ppl have learned how the Tequatl-Event works. And the event became “easy going”.
But after more than a half year there are still to many ppl who have no idea how the champions during “the Breach” and the Vinewrath-Events works. I have seen so many times midlane to fail, because only one Meser and/or Guard was used reflections.

And this is why i agreed with you. Many ppl have an L2P issu, but not with the class. They have an L2P issu with group-content and have an issu to be less selfish with class skills and slotted skills if they are doing group-conent.
The Silverwastes is the best and worst example of that: i’v seen many disgusting speeches in the map chat if Vinewrath fails. Mostly form some uber-player with the attitude “i’m doing my berserker stuff and you are here to heal me/ give me stability” etc. etc. I have seen there the loss of 8 sige carriers at one lane just because ppl was fighting the mobs at the entrance and did not care about the munition base.

Therefor yes, they are people with L2P issues. L2P issus to play group-conent instead of zerg-conent.

I’m really curious how HoT with it’s very group-conent oriented maps will work with such a palyerbase.

(edited by Sitael.4680)

Posted by: VaLee.5102

VaLee.5102

There are people saying there’s hardcore PvE in GW2.
This is my answer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhckuhUxcgA

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

If they indeed wanted to do the bosses they would just do them as there is an endless supply of daily runs at anyone’s fingertips, understanding English (which is given in this case) and 5 minutes to apply for a guild is all it takes.

If you can’t see how this is a serious problem, you don’t understand how MMOs work.

You’re saying, and it’s true I agree, that instead of playing well in an MMO, to get a reward, you just have to apply to a guild (which I note, “can take several days” to process your application), and simply turn up.

So the reward is effectively “for TTS members”, not “for people who play GW2 well”.

That’s messed up. That it’s easy to join TTS does not mean that there isn’t a fundamental and serious design problem.

Posted by: Eurhetemec.9052

Eurhetemec.9052

Chilipadiboy, I agree with you. The average gamer does not really enjoy dying over and over with nothing to show for his/her time. They like rewards. They like winning. The recent hp changes are not bringing things like that. They are making things much more frustrating, and time consuming. That’s not fun or rewarding when you have to put in more time and effort for the same reward you got before, and now are more likely to not even be rewarded.

I would mention that this is what turns people from average gamers into good gamers. People have no need to improve if they just get given things for free.

No, it isn’t.

I can say that with confidence after 34 years gaming, 20 years online multiplayer, and 16 years of MMOs.

What turns average gamers into good gamers is engaging content that’s personally challenging to players, and rewards enough to make you want to keep trying and improving. That’s something I’ve seen to be absolutely true through time. Easy to learn, hard to master, and rewarding on the way.

GW1 was chock-full of that content. GW2 has relatively little (though not none). Teq and Triple Trouble are absolutely not that kind of content.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I say I speak for the silent majority of the games because of what I saw going on in world chat this past few weeks.

Um, at best that means you speak for the vocal minority that happened to post something in /map. Since /map chat includes trolls who try to provoke responses as well as reasonable and thoughtful players (who might or might not agree with each other), you can’t use “I saw what was going on in world chat” to justify a claim that you speak for a majority.

I am sure that you echo the thoughts of an important subset of players and that makes the concerns worth addressing. The problem is that you damage your own cause by making any claims about how many people share your views.

You further reduce the effectiveness of your advocacy by stating the cause of the issue, when not everyone is agreed about if there even is a problem, never mind what exactly that problem might be.

You can reasonably claim that there is a core group that is frustrated by the state of the game after the patch. Unfortunately, there are always people who preferred the old status quo, so it’s hard to separate out what is actually at issue.

This update had a massive impact on builds and mechanics, so I don’t think any of us (myself included) can say whether the changes were good or bad for the game or the community. What we need to do is accept that the system is going to be around for a while and adapt accordingly. If after doing so, there is still a key constituency that remains troubled, then we can look at what the issues are and try to work out how best to resolve them.

tl;dr it’s too soon to make any claims about whether the update made things better or worse for any particular group.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Gerrand.3085

Gerrand.3085

Stopped reading the moment you started speaking for the silent majority. It’s called “the silent majority” because they are not vocal of their opinions. No one knows what they think is appropriate, what difficulty they’d prefer or whether they prefer orange juice to porridge.

If you have an opinion, express it. Don’t hide behind some vague faceless mob you claim to be leading.

Frankly, world bosses were so easy before this patch that they were wasted content. You’re claims of “random people succeeding through teamwork” seems to ignorant of Tequatl before its first 3 rounds of nerfs – cause before then, Tequatl wasn’t so vulnerable to the power of togetherness.

The only two qualms I have about Teq now is that
1) Rewards are not fitting of the effort – unless you really like karma.
2)Non pure damage builds have been ousted from their last cliche. It was really cool that world bosses were better battled with bruisers then glass cannons – as it provided for far more stat based build variety. Now, it seems like people are encouraged to ditch all stats except pow, crit and cond for all things pve. The all or nothing approach limits design space. Rather give world bosses a percentile condition damage reduction and disallow crits – as it allows for a wider range of boss designs later on.

Posted by: RobsterCraws.6405

RobsterCraws.6405

An MMO lives and dies by how well it attracts the average gamer, not the small group of elitists. When content becomes unplayable to the average player, this is a problem with the structure of the game itself, not the player.

If a full, well-organized map can’t reliably win, this leads to the downward spiral that we see with Triple Trouble where people don’t even bother any more.

I WANT to play TT but I can’t because 90% of the time, there’s no one there. And that other 10% fails. There is absolutely nothing that I, as an individual, can do to remedy this. Anet has to fix this. Teq will quickly become this if faith isn’t restored quickly.

Coulter.2315

What turns average gamers into good gamers is engaging content that’s personally challenging to players, and rewards enough to make you want to keep trying and improving.

Exactly, since people now are finding the content challenging (as opposed to before when it was not challenging) you now need to improve.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

The only thing worth commenting at the moment is that no, you dont speak for the silent minority.

Silent MAJORITY. So yes thanks

I would just like to know who elected you the spokesperson of everyone? Where do you get your metrics for this supposed “majority” demographic? How many members? I think you are full of crap. You are trying to argue from authority by equivocating “majority” with “correct” which is a logical fallacy.

You elected yourself president of a false majority that has no proof behind it. There are many many different kinds of people playing GW2, and many of them (myself included) want more challenging content. If you don’t want challenging content, there’s plenty of it throughout the game. Just because you played through 10 hours of easy content, and then stumbled into a Triple Trouble Wurm, does NOT give you entitlement to nerf that ONE SINGLE challenging boss. You can’t just go around nerfing everything to your level. Sometimes there are harder bosses. Get over it.

Posted by: Forsaken.7524

Forsaken.7524

An MMO lives and dies by how well it attracts the average gamer, not the small group of elitists. When content becomes unplayable to the average player, this is a problem with the structure of the game itself, not the player.

This is honestly the crux of the entire thread and the source of our disagreement. I would argue that without challenge (i.e. content unplayable to the average player), an MMO will lose players faster than if it consistently deferred to the average player. While making a game easily accessible is great for getting new players in the door, it does a poor job of keeping the game fresh and exciting for veterans. There needs to be some sort of balance, which is why I would contend that there should be at least some content that is less accessible to the average player.

Xenon.4537

Incorrect. Sure the average player is very important. However, it’s the hardcore, dedicated players who drive the long-term life of the game. If there were no hardcore players, average players would go through the game, get to the end (level 80) and wonder what is there to do? Theres no hardcore players doing dungeons? No one is discussing the best builds or how to make the best gear? They conclude the end game is stale or dead, and quit. GW2 leaks players badly because it’s very easy for new players to get to 80 without ever joining a guild, without really knowing about fractals, legendaries, or anything. The most common reason people quit is because they got to 80 and didn’t know what to do. Casual players have less investment in GW2. They play to their whims, and they leave. If we relied on them exclusively, the game would be dead. You should be grateful when a game has a good dedicated hardcore community, even if they are the minority. Those people actually have a passion for the game, and you are treating that like some kind of disease.

If a full, well-organized map can’t reliably win, this leads to the downward spiral that we see with Triple Trouble where people don’t even bother any more.

Full, well organized maps CAN bear wurm very easily. It’s not that hard. You just have to know the mechanics, which takes all of 10 minutes on google to learn.

I WANT to play TT but I can’t because 90% of the time, there’s no one there. And that other 10% fails. There is absolutely nothing that I, as an individual, can do to remedy this. Anet has to fix this. Teq will quickly become this if faith isn’t restored quickly.

90% of the time no one is there because it doesn’t spawn all the time. It spawns at a specific time each day, which makes it better for guilds to organize an event. My guild kills it 3 times a week with 50% pugs. Yes, half of the map is random people that we invite into our group to help us kill it. We explain the fight to them in person. We provide food buffs and everything. Your attitude toward this specific encounter is ridiculous. It’s designed for a large organized group, not an individual. There’s plenty of solo-able content in the game. Anet doesn’t need to change this ONE ENCOUNTER to suite your whims.

RobsterCraws.6405

without challenge (i.e. content unplayable to the average player), an MMO will lose players faster than if it consistently deferred to the average player.

You’re absolutely right but it needs challenges for ALL level players. Our disagreement is that everyone’s lumping all the challenges into one. Either its for newbie or elites. Teq is neither, it’s the mid-level challenge for the average. It’s so level 80 players can get together, do a little coordinating and gain a sense of accomplishment in about 30-45 minutes.

I’m 100% for making more challenges for veterans but the mistake is thinking that Teq is meant for veterans. It’s not. That’s the core of the disagreement.

Coulter.2315

without challenge (i.e. content unplayable to the average player), an MMO will lose players faster than if it consistently deferred to the average player.

You’re absolutely right but it needs challenges for ALL level players. Our disagreement is that everyone’s lumping all the challenges into one. Either its for newbie or elites. Teq is neither, it’s the mid-level challenge for the average. It’s so level 80 players can get together, do a little coordinating and gain a sense of accomplishment in about 30-45 minutes.

I’m 100% for making more challenges for veterans but the mistake is thinking that Teq is meant for veterans. It’s not. That’s the core of the disagreement.

What is the more challenging content then if Teq and TT isn’t? Don’t say Fractal 50 because its easier than the buffed bosses and is not difficult (can be pugged every day with zero effort).

Xenon.4537

This is honestly the crux of the entire thread and the source of our disagreement. I would argue that without challenge (i.e. content unplayable to the average player), an MMO will lose players faster than if it consistently deferred to the average player. While making a game easily accessible is great for getting new players in the door, it does a poor job of keeping the game fresh and exciting for veterans. There needs to be some sort of balance, which is why I would contend that there should be at least some content that is less accessible to the average player.

Yes! You are right on the money. Easier content attracts new players and lets them enjoy the game and learn. But it is not enough for long term. New players are only new until they’re not. One day they become veterans. They are still members of the community and deserve content they can enjoy. There’s no reason we can’t have content for everyone. All people need to learn is that SOME boss fights are easy, and SOME are hard. They are meant to be that way! We don’t need to drag every single bit of content down to the lowest level.

If a boss is too hard for you, don’t do it! Go back, improve your equipment, build, etc. Find a group. Learn the mechanics. Try again when you are better prepared.

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

The last Teq run I did I counted around 23 dead player icons near his feet.. they remained there for the entire.. battle waiting to be revived…

I never could figure out why people do that. In regular PVE where not much is going on around you? Sure, actually I get a bit miffed when I run over to revive a downed player and they tp out.

In battle though? Pay a couple silvers (which is what … a 1/10th of a penny) and just WP already then run back. You can get back to the battle faster. Not to mention your being there probably is keeping the boss scaled up.

RobsterCraws.6405

However, it’s the hardcore, dedicated players who drive the long-term life of the game.

90% of the time no one is there because it doesn’t spawn all the time. It spawns at a specific time each day,

2 points…
1. I’m 100% behind making more content for hardcore. But there must be different level content for every level. Teq is not hardcore content. It’s mid-level content. Thinking everything must be either newbie or hardcore is the problem here.

Hardcore players indeed gives a game life but the average player pays the bills. Keeping both satisfied is absolutely essential. And that required tiered content.

2. I’m fully aware of the timer. Try going to TT at the right time and count how often there’s no one there. I’m guessing the majority of the time.

Xenon.4537

What is the more challenging content then if Teq and TT isn’t? Don’t say Fractal 50 because its easier than the buffed bosses and is not difficult (can be pugged every day with zero effort).

And you just nailed the biggest point of concern that veterans have in this game. Teq IS easy for vets. It’s an average fight that only takes a little bit of coordination. TT is a bit harder and requires more coordination, so TT is really the hardest boss in the game right now. The problem is that veterans have been farming TT for a long time now. It’s one single boss fight in a massive game full of WAY easier bosses. All we ask for is a FEW more bosses like TT. We aren’t asking Anet to turn the ENTIRE GAME into Dark Souls for crying out loud.

Frankly, I get offended when a veteran player asks for another hard boss, and everyone attacks him. They ask for SOME additional content, not an overhaul. Adding another hard boss isn’t going to affect anyone but the people who enjoy hard bosses.

I get offended when casual players demand they nerf the only two remotely challenging encounters in the game (Teq and TT). There’s SO much other content in GW2 and you want to destroy one one small thing the veteran players have?

RobsterCraws.6405

If a boss is too hard for you, don’t do it! Go back, improve your equipment, build, etc. Find a group. Learn the mechanics. Try again when you are better prepared.

You’re missing the point. I do have everything (legendary weapon, ascended gear, scholar runes, etc) and am well versed in all the mechanics but I can’t do it alone and neither can you. It requires a community.

The problem is that this is undermining the community.

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

Teq currently isn’t as difficult as you’re making it out to be. It’s just that organizing that many players is inconsistent. It depends on who happens to be there.

But with that said, another problem is your idea of “challenge” is something you can consistently defeat every attempt. Don’t make me laugh. A challenge is something you struggle to overcome. It’s something where your first few attempts you fail, and then you figure out why you failed and you adapt and try again.

Seriously? What is with people thinking the victory should be inevitable and calling that a challenge? If you want to win every time I’m ok with that, and there is content like that, but don’t act like it challenges you.

However, please understand that with world bosses it’s more of a “gambler’s challenge” where you’re honestly rolling the dice every time you choose to participate in an instance because you don’t know how good the other players are. You can tell roughly if the group has a shot at victory or not from the map chat, but it’s not very predictable. If you don’t enjoy this type of “challenge” I’d recommend you just don’t participate. There’s no way for Anet to make it less random because they can’t control which players show up, but I think it’s important for a few of these boss fights to be this difficult because there are a lot of people who enjoy organizing large groups for something that is actually difficult.

Posted by: Anchoku.8142

Anchoku.8142

I actually tried Teqatl and triple trouble for the first time since the patch. It is the first time I saw Teqatl fail and people get demotivated. I have never succeeded triple trouble, but this time, we were barely 30 trying it and after about 2 min, most had left. I really feel that the average gamer who found triple difficult but fun because challenging now just left.

I ran Teq last night for a fail, too. Players forgot defense to try getting the final burn within the time limit so there were, like, 100 people down and just a few of us who prepared still standing and attacking.

This is still far better than before the servers merged and people learned how to run the event. I know I was the only person who brought an Ember. People just need time to retrain. It should be easier with conditions. I figured there were a lot of useless zerker builds out there.

RobsterCraws.6405

Frankly, I get offended when a veteran player asks for another hard boss, and everyone attacks him.

As I said, I’m 100% behind adding harder bosses or content. But add new content. Don’t take it away at the expense of mid-level content.

This isn’t a zero-sum game, where your gain must come at other people’s loss. You can add new content without messing up someone else’s lower-level content.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

While making a game easily accessible is great for getting new players in the door, it does a poor job of keeping the game fresh and exciting for veterans.

Teq is hardly fresh and exciting.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Xenon.4537

However, it’s the hardcore, dedicated players who drive the long-term life of the game.

90% of the time no one is there because it doesn’t spawn all the time. It spawns at a specific time each day,

2 points…
1. I’m 100% behind making more content for hardcore. But there must be different level content for every level. Teq is not hardcore content. It’s mid-level content. Thinking everything must be either newbie or hardcore is the problem here.

Hardcore players indeed gives a game life but the average player pays the bills. Keeping both satisfied is absolutely essential. And that required tiered content.

Indeed I think you and I are in complete agreement about the need for content for everyone. There needs to be some hardcore content for hardcore players, and there needs to be some easy content for new and casual players. No reason the game cannot have both.

2. I’m fully aware of the timer. Try going to TT at the right time and count how often there’s no one there. I’m guessing the majority of the time.

Find out when a guild is organizing to kill it and join them. It’s not somehow criminal to use the guild system to organize players. In fact, that’s exactly what it was designed for in the first place. TT is one single boss in the entire game that requires guild or large-scale community organization.

And before you (or anyone) says it, there is literally almost no barrier to entry for TT. My guild, Attuned, does it 3 times per week. We invite anyone on the map to join us, and we usually end up with 50% or more of non-[Att] pugs. We give them free food buffs and we explain the fight to them. We don’t ask them to ping gear or builds. We don’t check achievement points or any of that crap. Anyone can do it, they just have to put in a MOLECULE of effort.

I’m sorry. I get really flared up when people suggest “elitism” that somehow there’s a secret society of malicious guilds keeping everyone from attempting TT by blocking them. I just want to nip that in the bud. You want to do TT? Join a guild. It is called “Guild” Wars after all. You don’t want to join a guild? There’s plenty of other world bosses.

Xenon.4537

Frankly, I get offended when a veteran player asks for another hard boss, and everyone attacks him.

As I said, I’m 100% behind adding harder bosses or content. But add new content. Don’t take it away at the expense of mid-level content.

This isn’t a zero-sum game, where your gain must come at other people’s loss. You can add new content without messing up someone else’s lower-level content.

I think you and I are in complete agreement. I’m simply in favor of keeping TT a challenge while adding new challenges to the game. Personally I wish dungeons and other things were harder, but I understand that everyone is used to them being as they currently are. That content has been largely unchanged for far too long. To make the game more challenging would be better to add new things, not alter old things.

Posted by: aophts.9862

aophts.9862

My god, people still don’t understand that Teq is now based in luck, if you get lucky to get a decent map, you will win otherwise everyone gets wiped and the event fails with him at 55% health.

How can you be so dense? You don’t see this? Luck shouldn’t be a factor for this boss, wtf?

Also, if you want challenging content, go run fractals and dungeons, period.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

There are 30 plus world bosses. Shouldn’t some of them be for the noisy minority?

Agreed. I am not in favor of taking content away from any demographic. I would have preferred that first Teq stay in game and a new dragon be introduced rather than Teq being revamped. However, now that he’s here, he should stay.

That is something I’ve noticed about online games.

Challenge is fun, but only if you are by yourself. If you are in a team environment, then challenge just leads to exclusion, animosity, frustration, blaming, and toxicity overall. I’ve been in several successful and unsuccessful tequatl raids, and the key feature to each of them is how angry everyone is. Tequatl has become less about the fight, and more about several people yelling at each other in map chat during the half-hour prep.

The hardest part about tequatl is that it isn’t a puzzle. It is brute force: either you have the numbers to complete the event, or you don’t. The unbearable skill lag you get also makes it nigh impossible to preform clinch plays. The end result being that the one zerker who lucked out in the fight aimlessly harasses the air in map chat for not being good enough.

While BRA is essentially correct, there is some variation in the interactions he’s referring to. Team challenge can be very fun as long as you’re willing to do it with friends who aren’t going to go all judgmental on each other. However, it seems not that many players want to go to that effort. Just look at the huge outcry if any modern MMO dares to release without an LFG tool. Modern MMOs have become more and more about convenience over the years.

Also, the behavioral issues in GW2 content tend to be magnified by ANet design decisions. These include mega-group events, failure points where the actions of a very small percentage of the entire group result in failure. It’s also possible for someone to be working at cross purposes to everyone else while at such an event (e.g., how much were the people who were going for the tail swipe achievement contributing to the mega-group effort?).

Posted by: kettering.6823

kettering.6823

This thread just reads to me as ‘I am bad at this game and do not want to improve, thus these changes upset me.’ Knowing the simple basics of combat in this game does not require you to be a hardcore gamer. If you are too lazy to learn, that’s not really anyone’s problem but your own. I mean, you certainly don’t have to learn; no one is forcing you. Just don’t complain that content is too difficult if you’re not willing to at least try. Not everything can – or should – be succeeded just by stacking and pressing one.

Posted by: Riku.4821

Riku.4821

Personally I think and view this more of a complaint.
30 Stacks on bleed in AC? Condition cleanse and dodge jumps do wonders.
Harder World boss reworked for harder and more challenging content? Sounds normal to me since it came to the point Teq was impossible to fail.

Do I agree with the 200% HP increase? No not really in MMO and RPG’s alike I never thought stat adjustment was making it more challenging; I’m looking at you Bethesda!

But this post? it’s nothing more then a rant by someone with an ego thinking you can have the voice of others.

Guild Leader of Lunar Tree[LT].
Officer of Power Overwhelming[ZERK].
First term Forum PvE Specialist.

Posted by: Pecar.1236

Pecar.1236

they need only fix that crit on bosses

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

Harder World boss reworked for harder and more challenging content? Sounds normal to me since it came to the point Teq was impossible to fail.

Do I agree with the 200% HP increase? No not really in MMO and RPG’s alike I never thought stat adjustment was making it more challenging; I’m looking at you Bethesda!

But this post? it’s nothing more then a rant by someone with an ego thinking you can have the voice of others.

The HP increase wasn’t to make it more challenging, it was to prevent them from just falling over dead in a few seconds.

I really think it was just a quick band-aid fix. If I were them I’d consider making some tuning passes as more feedback comes in. Maybe Golem/Teq just needed 50% extra, where some others maybe need more (fire Elemental?).

Posted by: xiao.2614

xiao.2614

and then these kitteng crying biches coming to tequ at same time with me and stay afk

delete this game if u think there is ANYTHING HARD HERE

its most SOFTCORE mmo ive ever played

OH MY kittenG GOD

Posted by: chronometria.3708

chronometria.3708

So you agree with the post (you don’t support the hp increase). You claim the poster speaks for nobody but himself, despite him attempting to voice an opinion that you agree with and you belittle him, by saying that he is simply ranting, when an unwise change to content has been performed and thus needs adjustment.

I`m not really sure what to make of that.

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

You wanna know why there’s a ‘silent majority’?

Because if we say anything, anything at all, we can expect things like this:

and then these kitteng crying biches coming to tequ at same time with me and stay afk

delete this game if u think there is ANYTHING HARD HERE

its most SOFTCORE mmo ive ever played

OH MY kittenG GOD

These forums are a cesspit, I’m sorry I actually tried to have any discussions here. Say anything about this content needing a slight tweak or a little more polish and you are swarmed with personal insults from what I assume are hardcores, the implication that you are an ‘afking n00b who wants to win pressing 11111’, "L2P’, and other vomit that flies out of these people’s mouths instead of an actual discussion of mechanics. And props to those who did discuss mechanics but you get shouted down pretty easily by these other types. You can’t win. You could be Wooden Potatoes or Dulfy and they’d still call you an AFK auto attacking n00b who wants free boxes, it’s all black and white and I’m just done with it.

That’s why there’s a silent majority, no one wants to come here to discuss a broken mechanic and be put down by ten strangers who have nothing better to do with their lives.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Lost in Hyrule.2963

Lost in Hyrule.2963

I haven’t faced any of the bosses since the patch, and it may well be their HP is off or other things are wonky with them right now.

Specifically looking at OP’s point about ‘I paid for 100% of the game, so I should be able to do 100% of the game’: You used the analogy of a gym membership. But lots of people pay the full price for a gym membership, but don’t use every piece of equipment in the gym. It’s the same for other games, too. Everyone buys a Mario game at the same price, but some of the secret challenge levels may not interest you, because they are much more challenging for no extra benefit.

Guild Wars 2 is the same way. There are lots of different things to do, and some of those things won’t appeal to all players. Some things may also appeal to players, but be too challenging for them without practice. Tequatl and Triple Trouble are some of the few things like this in the game, and that is not a ‘wrong’ design decision by ArenaNet.

RobsterCraws.6405

This thread just reads to me as ‘I am bad at this game and do not want to improve, thus these changes upset me.’

People who keep saying this just don’t get it. GW is an MMO, not a first person shooter.

No matter how good you are, you don’t do it alone. I AM advanced (legendary, ascended gear, etc) and know exactly what to do but I cannot do it by myself.

As others have put it, all the knowledge, experience and gear is for nothing. A Teq win has become luck.

Luck that you got put in a map with the right people.
Luck that they don’t quit after 2 minutes.

These are issues beyond out control. Improving your gear or skills does nothing to solve this problem.