Thank you, ANet

Thank you, ANet

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DigitalKirin.9714

DigitalKirin.9714

Thank you, ANet, for finally addressing this hot-button topic. I know it’s been on the minds of many players how unfair this situation is, and I’m glad you’re finally delivering a justly deserved nerf. Don’t let naysayers deter you.

Seriously, it boggles the mind how long these people have dominated the scene. Some people may say, “This is an undeserved nerf!” Or they may say, “We’ll keep going, nerf or not!” But you, ANet, say, “Nay, the nerfing’s just begun!”

After all, abusing the mechanics of the game this way… it’s practically – dare I say it? – an exploit. And oh how they exploit. Can you imagine how new players feel when they come across these elitists? Oh! The shouting, the gnashing of teeth. Saying what to kill and what not to kill? What ever happened to playing how you want? Yes, these exploiters have had their heyday. And now it’s time to move on. So thank you, ANet, for bringing this welcome change and a fresh breath of balance.

Now we can get back to playing the game as intended. For fun. Just how I know you want it to be played, ANet. Killing everything in our path and not just leapfrogging from one prizebag of HPs to the next. Thank you for fixing these Champ Train exploits.

Genevieve Talbot [NP] – Noble Phantasm on Stormbluff Isle

(edited by DigitalKirin.9714)

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Lilith Ajit.6173

Lilith Ajit.6173

This is beautiful. Would read again.

[ARES]
And all who stood by and did nothing, who are they to criticize the sacrifices of others?
Our blood has bought their lives.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

For those interested in what the OP is actually getting at:

Thank you for fixing these Champ Train exploits.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Seabreeze.8437

Seabreeze.8437

I used the champ train as something to do late at night when there’s barely any people on. Also, I haven’t met a single “elitist” while on the train, at least as far as I can tell. Yeah, there’s been the occasional jerk now and then, but I’ve actually made a number of friends after chatting with folks on the train.

So I don’t see the train as some plague on Tyria, but I’ll admit I’m hoping to see more people around the world now, as it’s kinda melancholy running around Kessex or Snowden (etc.) all by yourself.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: zeromius.1604

zeromius.1604

Thanks for the clarification. I wish people would actually state what they’re talking about more often before going off on a totally random rant.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Thank you, at first I though he was talking about zerkers.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Vexander.9850

Vexander.9850

No problem. After reading through it all and wondering what he was going on about, was getting ready to post that the OP forgot to say what he was talking about. Then the last sentence made it clear. Felt there was no reason for anyone else to waste their time reading the rant.

As far as champ trains go, I enjoyed them, never met any elitists. Actually, I usually got tips from people on things like building a legendary, or got to share funny stories. It was nice.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: SuckZoor.9052

SuckZoor.9052

Thanks for the clarification. I wish people would actually state what they’re talking about more often before going off on a totally random rant.

I’m pretty sure the whole idea was to mislead everyone

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: ozmaniandevil.6805

ozmaniandevil.6805

What “fixing”? Still no idea what the OP is talking about.

Isle of Janthir – Knights of the Rose (KoR)

Thank you, ANet

Seabreeze.8437

I was confused about the OP’s intent as well. Go figure.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

That was the point of the entire post.

Nova [rT]

Thank you, ANet

Seabreeze.8437

That was the point of the entire post.

Then mission accomplished. :P

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Sooo what do I do after I have done my time gated content of dungeons and meta events

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Thank you, ANet

ozmaniandevil.6805

No really. I have not heard of a nerf in regard to champ trains. Please elaborate.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: UnYoYo.7402

UnYoYo.7402

for that i was suggesting make all maps farmeables but noone feed me!

The fantasy absorb the happyness, and the
happyness absorb the fantasy.
If not, how u can be in one world at the same time?

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: cherrycola.3127

cherrycola.3127

Unless they make all the champs into non-events, the Queensdale train will still reward experience and karma, so there will certainly still be people there.

Athayne Elora, Ele
Tarnished Coast

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: AngelMouse.7345

AngelMouse.7345

No really. I have not heard of a nerf in regard to champ trains. Please elaborate.

He/she means this:

“We’ll be reducing the amount of raw gold that comes out of champion loot bags and events in an effort to keep the economy balanced and spread out player activity a bit.”

Source: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/say-goodbye-to-armor-repair-costs-and-hello-to-free-trait-resets/

“Sometimes, in madness resides genius.”

Thank you, ANet

ozmaniandevil.6805

Ah… well that’s not where most of the “money” comes from anyway in champ farming, at least not in the FGS champ farm. It will not matter. Keep farming I shall.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Thank you, ANet, for finally addressing this hot-button topic. I know it’s been on the minds of many players how unfair this situation is, and I’m glad you’re finally delivering a justly deserved nerf. Don’t let naysayers deter you.

Seriously, it boggles the mind how long these people have dominated the scene. Some people may say, “This is an undeserved nerf!” Or they may say, “We’ll keep going, nerf or not!” But you, ANet, say, “Nay, the nerfing’s just begun!”

After all, abusing the mechanics of the game this way… it’s practically – dare I say it? – an exploit. And oh how they exploit. Can you imagine how new players feel when they come across these elitists? Oh! The shouting, the gnashing of teeth. Saying what to kill and what not to kill? What ever happened to playing how you want? Yes, these exploiters have had their heyday. And now it’s time to move on. So thank you, ANet, for bringing this welcome change and a fresh breath of balance.

Now we can get back to playing the game as intended. For fun. Just how I know you want it to be played, ANet. Killing everything in our path and not just leapfrogging from one prizebag of HPs to the next. Thank you for fixing these Champ Train exploits.

I don’t care either way, but using the the word exploit is pretty lol worthy.

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: dutchiez.7502

dutchiez.7502

It’s pretty lol worthy when that word is used to describe the use of berserker gear in dungeons but that happens all the time too.

Nova [rT]

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

It’s pretty lol worthy when that word is used to describe the use of berserker gear in dungeons but that happens all the time too.

Easy now, zerker gear is an exploit!!!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: hellsmachine.4085

hellsmachine.4085

How did they “fix” the train? I don’t play any more and only come to the forums once a blue moon to see what’s changed.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Actually DigitalKirin comes off as the elitist.
“Play the way I want you to play”

Zerg people bought the game too, and should be able to play how it is fun for them. It sounds boring to zerg all day, but if that is what they want it really does not harm anyone. Live and let live.

Remember this new fix steals away treasure from us Pve players too. I hardly ever die, and the new update hurts more than it helps all players. As fixing armor is either free or low cost for lower levels.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Meh besides the annoyances of being told not to kill this or that when and where I have no problem with the “tramp trains” honestly the only good thing the Queensdale one is for is a good source of exp for low lvl players and social play for those who don’t mind mindlessly running around in circles.

There are far better ways to make cash so that does not even come into it for me. If people want to be bored to death doing this, let them.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Klonex.4562

Klonex.4562

i wasn’t sure if the entire post was sarcastic…

champ train exploit? please explain ~ one champ dies, you go to another champ on the map that spawned and kill it too, then another one spawns, and you do the same. these are map events meant for people to do. it’s a great way to level up and collect materials along the way. besides the useless nerf that they already gave the first time for the bag loot, they will again nerf the loot again along with the champs. ~ nerf useless nerfs ~

~Krystal <3 Angela ~
~ I taught cows how to Moo! ~

Thank you, ANet

I think he’s just someone who didn’t like Champ farms, then when they get nerfed tries to be as inflammatory as possible towards the people who liked them.

~Sincerely, Scissors

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Nerf, nerf, nerf….
and then no one played

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Thanks anet, it should have been done long ago though. Economy took a big hit allready and we all pay and will keep paying for trains, even if we didn’t participate.

Thank you, ANet

ozmaniandevil.6805

LOL @ paying for trains. Seriously? Oh do please provide proof of how trains “cost” you!

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Lucyfer.9517

Lucyfer.9517

Look at gem prices. look at tp prices, there was a BIG jump once trains were introduced. Before trains people needed some minimum of intelligence and cleverness to make lots of gold. With trains every braindead kitten can generate loads of gold. The more gold there is the less it is worth. So even if i earn gold without trains its worth less due to trains. Therefore trains do indeed “cost” me and every player in game.

Thank you, ANet

Look at gem prices. look at tp prices, there was a BIG jump once trains were introduced.

Do you have evidence to support this claim?

~Sincerely, Scissors

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

The link show the average price to be pretty stable.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Treebeard The Swift.9620

Treebeard The Swift.9620

The trains bring mats, skins and cheap exotics into the tp. Its all fun saying “nerf em!” then suddenly “wtf? why can’t i get my crafting done? i need 250 tiny claws but there are none! is no-one farming these anymore?!” Bonettis rapier – “wtf! why is this now 250g?!”
Be very, very careful what you wish for in nerfs.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Erich.1783

Erich.1783

http://www.gw2spidy.com/gem

The link show the average price to be pretty stable.

That chart shows that Gem prices have more than doubled since champ farming started. I don’t know that the trains are the reason, but I would not call those prices stable.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

The ONLY REASON I get in on the champ trains are for the loot bags with armors to salvage for mats THEY NEVER give enough IGM worth doing them, you guys are nutz. -LOL @ this so-called nerf.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Djinn.9245

Djinn.9245

Look at gem prices. look at tp prices, there was a BIG jump once trains were introduced. Before trains people needed some minimum of intelligence and cleverness to make lots of gold. With trains every braindead kitten can generate loads of gold. The more gold there is the less it is worth. So even if i earn gold without trains its worth less due to trains. Therefore trains do indeed “cost” me and every player in game.

If people are getting more of something by farming champs, those items will flood the market and therefore the price will drop.

it’s this luck based mystic toilet that we’re all so sick of flushing our money down. -Salamol

Thank you, ANet

ozmaniandevil.6805

TP prices are affected by rarity and speculators not champ farming.

Thank you, ANet

Im Mudbone.1437

TP prices are affected by rarity and speculators not champ farming.

100% what he said.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Elessar Iso.9675

Elessar Iso.9675

When GW2 started, gem prices were like 20 silvers / 100 gem. Very shortly after that gem price started to raise up without champ trains. In next half year gem price were already over 1 – 2 golds, and there weren’t any champ trains either. Gem price is rising and lowering depending how much people exchange gems to game gold (lowering) or using game gold buying gems (rising).

TP prices are depending rarity of the item and of course those people who are playing with TP are making prices going up and down. What more there is demanding some material / item the price is rising and what more there is coming materials / items to the TP prices are lowering. So what cost you most is not champ trains, those TP players are affecting you and every other players “costs” in this game.

Champ trains are not running because of raw money from bags or events. Champ trains are running in Queensdale because of experience points, Karma points and some materials. It is easy way to level up alt characters in Queensdale train and gain levels and Karma same time and some money when we sell all materials to TP (lowering prices). Frostgorge Sound train is running only because of materials.

It is nice to be important but more important to be nice.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Cabpoint.5826

Cabpoint.5826

What? No more undead slayers in the orr shores? Key farmers be kitten ed. Go karma train with your server already. Xoxoxo

SAO Sword Art Online Kings guild will be revived! Msg me in-game for invite or guild info

Thank you, ANet

Im Mudbone.1437

What? No more undead slayers in the orr shores? Key farmers be kitten ed. Go karma train with your server already. Xoxoxo

HUH? What? When? Did the undead in Orr finally die? Is it finally kinda safe to Traverse Orr?

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

As far as I know they are only nerfing the Raw gold you get.. that 0-7 silver you get for opening the champion bags… that will put output per hour of gold down about 1g/hr. It might hurt Queensdale farm, but not the others. Also, my guild and I don’t plan to stop. I love getting Champion Loot bags, the Mats you get out of them are where the real money is anyway.

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

I would like to chime in and give my thanks to Anet teams for all the hard work they’ve put in for this QoL update.

I am a bit concerned though, that legendary weapons are being unlocked as skins, which may cheapen them and make them less prestigious. I know people can transmute their legendaries even now onto lower lvl chars etc, but that would kinda destroy their rarity, so i don’t imagine many people would be doing that.

Having them Account Bound is fine, it would allow my bifrost to be moved around if i so desire, but I’m not so sure unlocking them as skins for all characters is such a good idea (just my opinion though) as i imagine we will be seeing nothing but legendaries now everywhere we go.

I’m also somewhat concerned about the cost of transmuting skins, people will go wild i imagine, but i can understand Anet has to make money from their cosmetics as well, so it’s a reasonable compromise I guess.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

well we might as well rename the videogame as a whole so i bring to you guys

Time Gate Online and Time Gate Online Casual Edition now with 80% less content

Thank you, ANet

Im Mudbone.1437

Featuring RNG driven RNG drops/forge.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

Sooo what do I do after I have done my time gated content of dungeons and meta events

Well, considering that if you’re doing ALL of the dungeons, that’s 25 paths. Let’s assume a really good group that can do a path in 20 minutes on average… you’re already looking at over 8 hours. Then you’ve got the 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, 31-40, and 41-50 levels of fractals… someone who’s more of an expert than me would probably be able to give a better estimate, but I’d guess that for even a good group you’d be looking at at least a couple of hours there. Throw in wurm, behemoth, frostmaw, fire elemental, the three dragons, five temples, Gates of Arah, Eye of Zhaitan… maybe the answer is simply “go to sleep”?

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Rezzet.3614

Rezzet.3614

Featuring RNG driven RNG drops/forge.

Legendary RNG Deluxe Edition!

Even Player names will be RNG why of course with the new RNG targetting you ll not only attack your enemies but you ll also destroy our allies unintentionally
or Heal them thanks to RNG damage no more waiting for pesky healing skills to cooldown

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Thunderbrew.7034

Thunderbrew.7034

This is soooo ridiculous. Every game Ive ever played in the last 12 years
had farming activities, and that’s exactly what the champ train was.

I would bet that a large majority of the people supporting this either
never did it and/or buy their gold. In addition, this will only drive
prices up for T6 mats.

Still completely dumbfounded why anyone would give 2 coppers
how other people play the game. How is farming the same dungeon over
and over any different than this?

Lets see the impact on the player base when they reduce the ways to
farm mats/money. This is will not steer people to spending more money
if they cant earn it in game, which is what this is REALLY about.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: Nage.1520

Nage.1520

This is soooo ridiculous. Every game Ive ever played in the last 12 years
had farming activities, and that’s exactly what the champ train was.

I would bet that a large majority of the people supporting this either
never did it and/or buy their gold. In addition, this will only drive
prices up for T6 mats.

Still completely dumbfounded why anyone would give 2 coppers
how other people play the game. How is farming the same dungeon over
and over any different than this?

Lets see the impact on the player base when they reduce the ways to
farm mats/money. This is will not steer people to spending more money
if they cant earn it in game, which is what this is REALLY about.

I don’t care how people play the game, until how they play the game affects the game itself…and that can happen.

Suppose everyone in the entire game exploits dungeons and does them as fast and easily as possible. That makes it harder to find a group for people who don’t exploit. Let’s say that run into farmers in Orr who harrass me for ending an event they were farming, because they didn’t want the event to end. That affects my enjoyment of the game.

A few bad apples who harrass people for doing stuff out of order think they own the game. They give the entire champ train a bad name.

Unfortunately those apples are really really visible.

Thank you, ANet

Posted by: JoeytheHutt.1742

JoeytheHutt.1742

I honestly dont get why so many have this champtrainhate. If you dont like it, dont do it? A few times I have seen some drama about the zerg think they “own” the champs, when someone (haters?) go around killing outside the train, but nothing serious. I’ve seen way more drama elsewhere.
And if champtrains is a problem, nerfing champs will not solve the problem, just move it on to something else.
Higher droprates overall, slightly better loot on vets than standard mobs, better rewards on de’s, sonespesific armor/weapon drops are things I believe would make more people wandering about.
But as long as farming gold to buy stuff is seen as easier and more effective than farming the stuff directly, (and it probably has to be this way because Anet depends on people buying gold), zergs/champtrains will always be there in some form.