Thank you Anet for listening.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Jaric.5679

Jaric.5679

Yes, there has been a lot of noise about the new Flamekissed armour. A forum explosion, if you will. People wanting answers, naturally. Forum mods have probably been earning overtime – if they were getting paid – dealing with many repeat threads breaking forum rules.

However, Anet have listened, and responded.

People may feel this was not in a timely manner, but let’s take things in perspective. Anet is a company. There are many people that work there, and they would need to discuss and agree upon a solution to the problem at hand. It isn’t up to just one person.

Anet might be doing some things wrong still in many opinions (coughScarletcough) but actions such as this, as well as listening about different colour borders for item rarities in your inventory show they do listen to the community.

So, thanks Anet for listening. We know it can be hard, but while there are things we think you are doing wrong, you are also doing a lot right which doesn’t get mentioned nearly as often.

Posted by: Jmadero.9470

Jmadero.9470

I have never posted on these forums before but decided to make my first one be thanking Anet for this as well. Thank you Anet and thank you for making a game that I have been loving for the past year!

Posted by: Ping.5739

Ping.5739

TL;DR
Anet need more money and Flamekissed armor will help the situation.
(at least op and second post did think spend money on it is reasonable)

This useless bar doesn’t make you awesome. However, stuff above does.

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Thanks guys (god id get definetely a ban if id try to write here now, what my real me would love to say now)

And whats now with all those people, which just loved the flamekissed armor how it was and which wanted to buy that skin exactly for how it was thought to be??

Got, this really kitten es me off now..
Why can’t just people kittening accept how something gets implemented, like Anet implements it ….

This is just a god darn GAME.

Really, this is really the most ridiculous (bites on my lips!!) community that I’ve ever seen

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Kimhyuna.1035

Kimhyuna.1035

Thanks guys (god id get definetely a ban if id try to write here now, what my real me would love to say now)

And whats now with all those people, which just loved the flamekissed armor how it was and which wanted to buy that skin exactly for how it was thought to be??

Got, this really kitten es me off now..
Why can’t just people kittening accept how something gets implemented, like Anet implements it ….

Really, this is really the most ridiculous (bites on my lips!!) community that I’ve ever seen

Yea this is a ridiculous community. Cant believe people will still white knight for this company.

Minion

Posted by: Gundam Zephyr.6713

Gundam Zephyr.6713

I don’t care if it’s uglier as long as cultural armor is given the respect it deserves.

I rolled a human for cultural armor, and I expect to be the only race allowed to use it.

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Respect, it got respect by being picked cool enough for a re-use with flames! People aren’t kitten ed because it needs to be respected. They got their panties in a bunch because they spent gold on nonshiney versions and others could get their shinies, and it wasn’t fair to them. >_>:

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Beorn Saxon.4762

Beorn Saxon.4762

Thank you anet!

Tarnished Coast
Critical Impact [Crit]

Posted by: Melfice.5091

Melfice.5091

I wonder if they’ll use a new light armor set or slightly alter t3

Professional noob guardian

Posted by: Thrumdi.9216

Thrumdi.9216

Now they just have to do the same thing for Ascended gear.

Thrumdi, Captain of The Tarnished Coastguard

The ultimate GW2 troll.

Jaric.5679

It’s obvious you are upset, ronpierce. You have been throwing your toys out of the cot just as loud as those who were unhappy in the first place. However, the T3 cultural armour is not being respected because they made it available to any race. It’s nice that they thought it was good enough to reskin it with flames, but that doesn’t mean they respect what it currently represents. The problem was they took this armour, made it look better (or worse, a matter of opinion), made it much cheaper and available to any light armour wearing player. This is not respectful to the ideal of cultural armour in any way.

Orpheal.8263

This is the fricking moment, where I wish me back the armor system of GW1 back, with it we wouldn’t just have this ridiculous situation now, where every kittening endgame armor would just cost the same amount of gold ..SERIOUS !!

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

I really feel sorry for the Mods. So many infractions, I would hate being one.

Also, I wasn’t affected since I didn’t get my T3 armor when I had the gold but still, I’m glad to see ArenaNet care enough to admit their mistakes (not all but still, every bit counts).

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

The “ideal of cultural armor” was flawed from the very moment they mentioned it while the game was still in development! They make racial skills practically useless so people don’t feel forced to roll certain races for certain classes, but if you want a certain aesthetic in your armor you’re pretty much forced to roll a certain race, even if you like nothing else about them.

I’ll remember this when human scholars start clamoring for access to the Norn’s awesome cultural sets.

(edited by Yojimaru.4980)

Posted by: SafiMoyo.5130

SafiMoyo.5130

I hope they’re redoing the medium and heavy armor too. But, if they’re using the trench coat base for the medium, my expectations are incredibly low for myself enjoying it even if they did….

Champion Hunter

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Yes, more exclusivity and restrictions, that will make the game great!
It’s a sad day when people can be so selfish the day before Thanksgiving.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Jaric.5679

This is the fricking moment, where I wish me back the armor system of GW1 back

Couldn’t agree more. The basic level 20 armour which had the exact same stats as your high-end-cost-the-kitten-earth elite/faction/etc armour. There was no need to grind to be able to compete on an even equipment level, it was just for aesthetics.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

I have always been one to speak my mind when it comes to this game. I wanted to say thank you for doing the right thing. Reversing the Tier 3 flame touched armor was the right thing to do.

Hopefully this is something the company has learned from much the same way blizzard learned the hard way that wiping warlock pets names was a very bad idea.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

same way blizzard learned the hard way that wiping warlock pets names was a very bad idea.

Except that was an accident. Granted they did try to pass it off as “unfixable” until sub numbers started to drop :P

Right thing to do for sure, but not something to thank. A portion of the playerbase has been damaged by this, no matter what the outcome.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

angelpaladin.7921

same way blizzard learned the hard way that wiping warlock pets names was a very bad idea.

Except that was an accident. Granted they did try to pass it off as “unfixable” until sub numbers started to drop :P

Right thing to do for sure, but not something to thank. A portion of the playerbase has been damaged by this, no matter what the outcome.

Make a very vaild point and I remember when the warlock pet problem happened. My friend was affected (he had his warlock since day 1) he was livid that’s a understatement.

I agree either way they damage the community but I think there current solution will minimize damages over all.

They could have left the armor as is but I think overall they would have destroyed the overall trust the community had in the company. The community’s trust is already rocky at best but to compound it.

Orpheal.8263

I have always been one to speak my mind when it comes to this game. I wanted to say thank you for doing the right thing. Reversing the Tier 3 flame touched armor was the right thing to do.

Hopefully this is something the company has learned from much the same way blizzard learned the hard way that wiping warlock pets names was a very bad idea.

If you say so..

It was the absolute worst thing Anet could do (cause it basicalyl solved nothing, it created only a new problem on the other side of the coin), but clearly in the mind of someone selfish, it naturally must be the “right thing”

pfffff

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

but clearly in the mind of someone selfish, it naturally must be the “right thing”

pfffff

That goes both ways.

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

If you say so..

It was the absolute worst thing Anet could do (cause it basicalyl solved nothing, it created only a new problem on the other side of the coin), but clearly in the mind of someone selfish, it naturally must be the “right thing”

pfffff

It’s pretty objective that removal is the right thing to do. Keeping it impacts past players long term accomplishments. Removing would revert those who bought it to what they were barely 24hrs ago.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

angelpaladin.7921

If you say so..

pfffff

Here I give you a great example of why this is a good thing.

Lets say you buy something rare and exclusive your promised that item will be rare and exclusive. Fast forward 6months to a year you find out that the item is available to anyone for far less then it cost you and far less time it took you to get.

Naturally you be extremely upset. That’s what happened here ANET made a poor choice and is now having to fix it. There nothing selfish about wanting something you earned. Wanting something for free could be selfish or wanting shortcuts to get something could be selfish.

Posted by: Louveepine.7630

Louveepine.7630

I’m a little sad … for once that armor was fine in my asura …

# Asura because I’m worth it!

Posted by: Teofa Tsavo.9863

Teofa Tsavo.9863

They made the best of a bad decision, and I do applaud ANET taking action to redress a severe judgement error.

For people who want T3 human cultural light, the option is there, as it always has been. Roll a human, pay the price.

For people unhappy with the new replacement.. gems returned.

I am not overcome with sorrow for those who “lost” something they should have never had.

Ley lines. The perfect solution to deadlines and writers block. Now in an easy open Can.

Posted by: Draco.2806

Draco.2806

I don’t care about the armor either way, but I’m glad to see ANet is capable of apologizing and trying to fix their mistake.

Makes them seem human, you know.

Posted by: Jabberwock.9014

Jabberwock.9014

It is the right thing to do to reverse a decision that never should have been made. Yes it sucks that they tempted players with a set that they will no longer be able to use, but this is the fairest decision they could have made outside of releasing all cultural armors to all races. But after the refund (assuming the new set isn’t to your liking) you will be in no worse place than you started before the patch, unless you transmuted over some really expensive skin for some reason.

Get stoned whenever you want:
Endless Petrification Tonic

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Reversing what exactly is anet doing?

Posted by: Windu The Forbidden One.6045

Windu The Forbidden One.6045

If you say so..

pfffff

It’s pretty objective that removal is the right thing to do. Keeping it impacts past players long term accomplishments. Removing would revert those who bought it to what they were barely 24hrs ago.

^This.

Then what’s the problem?

Dear A-net: Please nerf rock. Paper is fine
~Sincerely, Scissors

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

If you say so..

pfffff

^This.

Then what’s the problem?

It didn’t negatively impact him so it wasn’t a problem. Now it does and suddenly it’s a huge injustice?

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

People may feel this was not in a timely manner, but let’s take things in perspective. Anet is a company. There are many people that work there, and they would need to discuss and agree upon a solution to the problem at hand. It isn’t up to just one person.

To be honest, a response within one day is actually pretty amazing. Being in an Australian timezone, I don’t know exactly when the patch went through, but at most they’ve had a day and a half to recognise the community response – most of which was probably coming after hours – schedule a meeting with the art team to discuss a course of action, have that meeting, and announce it. Getting all that done in what was probably only about four to eight office hours probably means that either they have a system in place for reviewing the immediate responses to updates, or they’ve made some heavy disruptions to their schedule to respond to the crisis.

Practically speaking, about the only thing they could have done better is had a quick post early on to the effect of “we’re discussing your feedback and hope to have an answer for you tomorrow”, and even that may have only served to fan the flames.

(EDIT: On transmuting over expensive skins, I’d presume that if you take the refund option you’d get the skin that was on the armour prior to transmuting back.)

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

(edited by draxynnic.3719)

Posted by: Yojimaru.4980

Yojimaru.4980

Lets say you buy something rare and exclusive your promised that item will be rare and exclusive. Fast forward 6months to a year you find out that the item is available to anyone for far less then it cost you and far less time it took you to get.

Naturally you be extremely upset. That’s what happened here ANET made a poor choice and is now having to fix it. There nothing selfish about wanting something you earned. Wanting something for free could be selfish or wanting shortcuts to get something could be selfish.

Your statement hinges on the assumption that everyone that seeks this example item cares about meaningless things like status and exclusivity. I honestly don’t give a kitten about lording my perceived superiority over the heads of others. All I really want are aesthetic options that allow me to make my characters as cool looking in game as I so desire. It took me a long time (and no small amount of gems) to settle on mixed armor sets for my characters and it doesn’t help that I am notoriously picky about my aesthetics. Personally, I wasn’t really planning to buy the flamekissed set but it did open up so many more possibilities for the other races. There are surprisingly few pieces of armor that allow Norn to showcase their tattoos. The original flamekissed would have helped that a little.

angelpaladin.7921

Your statement hinges on the assumption that everyone that seeks this example item cares about meaningless things like status and exclusivity. I honestly don’t give a kitten about lording my perceived superiority over the heads of others. All I really want are aesthetic options that allow me to make my characters as cool looking in game as I so desire. It took me a long time (and no small amount of gems) to settle on mixed armor sets for my characters and it doesn’t help that I am notoriously picky about my aesthetics. Personally, I wasn’t really planning to buy the flamekissed set but it did open up so many more possibilities for the other races. There are surprisingly few pieces of armor that allow Norn to showcase their tattoos. The original flamekissed would have helped that a little.

The only problem with what your saying is the fact the entire end game is skin based. I have heard people refer to this game as Dress Up War’s 2 and its true.

There is no ultimate extremely hard tier of gear to get. I am sorry but legendary’s and acceded are a cake walk in this game compared to a typical gear grinder. That leave’s skins being the end game so to remove a exclusive skin is a kin to wow suddenly deciding to delete an tier of armor the community backlash would be extreme.

Posted by: Jaymee.1560

Jaymee.1560

I respect everything ANet does for this game and it’s players. I may not totally agree with every major decision they make, but in the long run, we know these decisions were made for specific purposes.

Unfortunately, for those of us player much like I am, who know why these things have to be done, we do have to also contend with the whole other spectrum of players who whine about every cotton-pickin’ thing under the sun when it comes to this game.

I honestly get fed up with those players and the players who keep insisting on and/or comparing this game to Worlds of Warcraft and how they want mounts and druids and this and that…. I truly believe that ANet or any other MMO out there is never going to have the ability to please every player. End of story.

I think many just need to suck it up, get over it and just stop complaining about everything all the time. When you truly think about it, ANet’s always done right by we players.

I thank you very kindly for that, Arena Net.

I use to be a Ritualist and a Paragon in my former life…

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

I am curious as I have not heard anything yet, what about all of the people that purchased this set before it was removed?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Substance E.4852

I am curious as I have not heard anything yet, what about all of the people that purchased this set before it was removed?

It will be updated to the new set when it’s ready.

Posted by: Rei Mizser.7651

Rei Mizser.7651

Thank You ANet

15chars

Posted by: Cerai.9741

Cerai.9741

I’ll just move this here as my thread is empty.
Thanks for listening

I am very glad that ArenaNet has been kind enough to listen to their fans and keep Racial Armors exclusive to their respective race. It shows that they do, in fact, value their players time. Thanks for hearing us. That said, there is no reason ArenaNet shouldn’t make some good money off of some nice skins. Here’s how:

Make a 4th set of “cultural” gear for all races in some future update. Use your previous designs to inspire your work on these new sets.

These sets should be essentially a “gift” from one race to another. A sign of cooperation and respect, from norn to asura, charr to human, and so forth. Dungeon gear essentially fills this role, but fails to capitalize on two counts. One, it doesn’t fill your coffers. Two, instead of representing the 5 great races of Tyria, many dungeon sets have other themes.
So, say for example I really like the amazing design of human t3 light armor. As a designer I want other races to have something similar, something to represent some fictional human tailor’s appreciation of his female Norn elementalist friend. First I take the cut of the top, the cut of the cloth into a bikini top is acceptable for both races without sacrificing the uniqueness of actual existing t3. The gems that hang from it however, will be changed. A single large gem now hangs in its place. For the pants, I keep the long flowing robes, but change the swiss cheese like holes to another pattern and cover the tiny spot of visible hips. In this method, I slowly warp the design to a new albeit pleasing aesthetic that still looks like a human designed it, but is a gift to all races. In this method, you can take any of the neat cultural armor designs and create a new armor set that honors the race that wears it rather than plagiarizing it. After all, what human ranger wouldn’t love a set similar to Eir’s wolfborn inspired clothes? Cultural gifts, available to all could celebrate what makes Tyria so cool and make you guys some good money. (It would be great for Wintersday, but I doubt you have time to make that many sets so soon.)

At any rate, Thanks again for listening!

Posted by: Shaogin.2679

Shaogin.2679

Seems a refund of to those that bought the set and complete removal would have been better due to the fact that when the set is updated, what if players do now not like what they have purchased?

Doc Von Doom – Asuran Necromancer
Gate of Madness
Contribute to the Wiki MetaBattle Builds

Posted by: Chasind.3128

Chasind.3128

Seems a refund of to those that bought the set and complete removal would have been better due to the fact that when the set is updated, what if players do now not like what they have purchased?

That’s what I was just thinking; yeah I was appalled at the Culti 3 human reskin & I appreciate what they did removing it, but like you said- what if the new design noone likes it?
Maybe the people who already have that tier skin from gem store get to keep it only the re release will be different to those who haven’t purchased it?

something to ponder until its released!

Posted by: SnowHawk.3615

SnowHawk.3615

That’s what I was just thinking; yeah I was appalled at the Culti 3 human reskin & I appreciate what they did removing it, but like you said- what if the new design noone likes it?
Maybe the people who already have that tier skin from gem store get to keep it only the re release will be different to those who haven’t purchased it?

they will be able to keep it from what i read but i guess it will change upon the new release? I didn’t quite understand that when i read it.
But I know they can get a gem refund if they decide they hate it or w/e

Substance E.4852

they will be able to keep it from what i read but i guess it will change upon the new release? I didn’t quite understand that when i read it.

They removed it from the store to keep the damage to a minimum and it will change when the new armor is reintroduced to the store. It will keep it’s current appearance until then.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

Thanks for listening.

Posted by: Zil.3071

Zil.3071

good move anet.

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

Yes, more exclusivity and restrictions, that will make the game great!
It’s a sad day when people can be so selfish the day before Thanksgiving.

Ah well, they already cave in every time people cry on the pvp forums, whats new eh lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

Posted by: Aerlen.5326

Aerlen.5326

A gem refund isn’t going to fix the issue of armor bought just to have that skin applied to it. A lot of players have multiple armor sets and will shell out the cash for a whole new set of extra gear just to put the new skins on it. That’s not cheap at level 80. Do they get a refund for that too? The armor is soulbound, they can’t resell it. What if they put the skin on their very expensive only set of armor? Will their armor revert to the style it was before the skin was applied or do they just lose it all together? What about people who also bought make-over kits and name changes because they completely remade their character to go with the armor (I saw one person who had indeed done that and was incredibly happy)? Do they get refunds on that and a free revert? And what about those who are human, who own T3 light and decided they liked the flamekissed better?

A lot of people are going to be very very negatively impacted by this who spent very real money – both gold and/or gems and all I hear is “no1curr, my exclusivity is more important!!! My 120 gold pwns whatever you spent! YAY ANET!”

Really, Anet, you’ve put forth the standard now that if enough whining and threads threatening to quit are made – you’ll do something (But Phalanx for females is still a trainwreck..). What should have been done was to not reskin the T3 armor to begin with or let people keep the armor they paid for, pull the flamekissed and redesign it without forcing those who bought the previous version to have theirs changed. That’s called “compromise” – the folks who don’t want cultural armor sold in the gem store can deal with the whole 24 hours it was available and the small minority who bought it knowing it’s not going to happen again and their status is intact and those who bought the original don’t have to have what they paid for abruptly changed or taken away but they cannot buy additional sets.

The way it’s being done now? Ugh.

~Tarnished Coast Pride~

Forever known as “that slow guardian who can’t jump worth crap”.

Posted by: Darmikau.9413

Darmikau.9413

It’s good that they listened.

It would be better if this didn’t happen in the first place.

We got reskinned armors in Guild Wars 1 at the end of the game’s development cycle when all their resources were being poured into Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 has been out for barely over a year and we’re already seeing re-skinned armors thrown into the gem shop for cash. What’s the excuse? This kind of stuff gives so little hope for the future. If Anet can’t even be bothered to do quality, new armors, even when they’re put in the gem store for-profit (during what should be the game’s most populous and successful time) what are the chances we’re ever going to see free armor able to be acquired by playing through the game again? What about cultural armor?

This only proves that they listen to feedback in some cases. It also proves that, without player feedback, they have very poor direction and are either underfunded, being forced to make quotas, or lazy, none of which are good signs for the future of this game.

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Aerlen is right,

I own the human light T3 for very long and paid some real money to buy some gems and get this T3 “newskin”.
I don’t want another bad looking armor instead of this one ,i want my real money back.So what will happen?Arenanet took my real money and keeps it while i am not interested in anything else in the game . This sounds really irrespectfull.
What next,they’ll sell legendaries skins for gems ,people will pay some real money to get it and 2 days later,they’ll say:“Ok,we made a mistake,we change these legendary skins into skins you won’t like but we don’t care,you’ve already paid for it and we keep the money.”?!

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

Technically you can already buy Legendaries for gems, but I do see your point.