Thank you Anet for listening.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

Scarlet puts new skins on the gem store to make everyone mad and Anet takes the blame? Typical.

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Scarlet puts new skins on the gem store to make everyone mad and Anet takes the blame? Typical.

Thanks Obama!

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: F I R S T.3976

F I R S T.3976

And i thought they had a plan that they’re going to sell glowing dyes soon.

What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger

Posted by: WingLegacy.7159

WingLegacy.7159

And i thought they had a plan that they’re going to sell glowing dyes soon.

Then I would delete my Juggernaut if that happens..

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

^ This is why games can’t be fun. People… I swear to god. I think I’m done with these forums. Its becoming hard to be nice. Games progress new stuff comes out. Prestige wears off, but you had that prestige for what? Over a year now? Lets new cool stuff come out, its a game, let people have fun and stop being so uptight…. Holy Christ. I can’t even believe this became this much of an issue in the first place………..

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Posted by: Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi.2057

The good thing is that ANet did, finally, admit to making a mistake. That is most honourable a behaviour, for which I indeed thank ANet.

I was correct to still have my hope in you. I know that from now on you will be able to communicate well with the “constructive” part of the community in order to make this game live up to its pre-release promises: the most special MMO game ever.

Let’s hope such mistakes as the one with Flamekissed armour don’t see the light of day again.

Let’s just communicate well, both the devs and the average people.

Together, we can do it!

Thank you, ANet, for re-thinking and correcting you mistake. Thank you again.

Three 80-lvl Rangers. Why? ‘Cos they’re that cool.

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

Whine to get the one good looking skin removed while retaining the two kittenty ones. Truly a victory for the ages.

Corpus Christi.2057

Aerlen is right,

I own the human light T3 for very long and paid some real money to buy some gems and get this T3 “newskin”.
I don’t want another bad looking armor instead of this one ,i want my real money back.So what will happen?Arenanet took my real money and keeps it while i am not interested in anything else in the game . This sounds really irrespectfull.
What next,they’ll sell legendaries skins for gems ,people will pay some real money to get it and 2 days later,they’ll say:“Ok,we made a mistake,we change these legendary skins into skins you won’t like but we don’t care,you’ve already paid for it and we keep the money.”?!

The contract you are accepting when buying gems is for gems only. Nothing to discuss here, really. It’s like saying “I bought a tour to Paris to visit Musee du Louve but it was closed. I want my money back!” – but hey, nothing in the contract was there promising you the visit to de Louvre/Flamekissed skin.
Be reasonable next time – that’s what I’ve got to tell you.

Posted by: mons.1386

mons.1386

Corpus Christi,

You made me laugh much with your crawler attitude in your post earlier.
The forum is full of people complaining because Arenanet doesn’t listen to them ,even the pro gamers and you said this…

In my post i didn’t ask for your opinion,i gave mine.
Many people are saying exactly the same thing as me,and many people like me,will never give any money any more to Arenanet.So there won’t be any next time for many people.

The one who should be reasonnable is Arenanet,you know them,you sound in love with them.

And i think that Arenanet cares more about the disapointed people because of what happened and the money they won’t get than your:"you’re so perfect now,i love you "post.

PS: you’re playing 3 rangers,so you don’t even have the light human T3 armor,you’re not even concerned so please,take care of your stuff and not the other people’s ones.Thank you.

(edited by mons.1386)

Posted by: Qawsada.4251

Qawsada.4251

Arenanet listen because the Flamekissed armor was a gemshop item that would get Anet more money. Thats it. They STLLL didn’t listen about the bugs that still roams the game or the part where everyone hates Scarlet.

Me? I stop using real life money when Scarlet appears and I intend to not use it when you keep shoving that weed into every game update and destroy the foundation of the game just to keep her here.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

Is it me or anet put an “anet” tag on this thread without posting anything in it?

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Sabyne.6329

Sabyne.6329

Is it me or anet put an “anet” tag on this thread without posting anything in it?

IIRC there was a moderator post redirecting to the other thread on the first page but I can’t see the post anymore.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

Highly disappointed. I finally got a look I like for my elementalist sqooshbag and it is taken away. If people are so protective of Culturals, they should be locked to the stats they come with eg cannot be transmuted to Exotic/Ascended :p

I really hope the new skin is just as nice, or even an improvement. I’ll wait and see.

Substance E.4852

Highly disappointed. I finally got a look I like for my elementalist sqooshbag and it is taken away. If people are so protective of Culturals, they should be locked to the stats they come with eg cannot be transmuted to Exotic/Ascended :p

I really hope the new skin is just as nice, or even an improvement. I’ll wait and see.

I have a feeling they will either put the effect on winged or reshape the mesh a bit so it no longer uses the exact same mesh as HT3.

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

Good job with the QQ’ing, people. There’s finally a good looking skin available (other than that Mad King outfit that I would have bought if it had been an armor skin and not town clothes) and now due to a bunch of fake outrage by people who weren’t going to buy that skin no matter what it looked like, I can’t get it at all. Good job, indeed.

It didn’t bother me that it was based on an existing design, it looked pretty sharp, especially compared to the other stuff on offer. I was going to wait until I leveled up my latest alt to get it, but now all I can do is wait and hope that its’ replacement isn’t a total mess. Once again, GOOD JOB!!! (if you didn’t notice, the sarcasm is set to 11)

Substance E.4852

Good job with the QQ’ing, people. There’s finally a good looking skin available (other than that Mad King outfit that I would have bought if it had been an armor skin and not town clothes) and now due to a bunch of fake outrage by people who weren’t going to buy that skin no matter what it looked like, I can’t get it at all. Good job, indeed.

It didn’t bother me that it was based on an existing design, it looked pretty sharp, especially compared to the other stuff on offer. I was going to wait until I leveled up my latest alt to get it, but now all I can do is wait and hope that its’ replacement isn’t a total mess. Once again, GOOD JOB!!! (if you didn’t notice, the sarcasm is set to 11)

And you couldn’t make the in game version of the armor you loved so much for… reasons?

Corpus Christi.2057

Corpus Christi,

You made me laugh much with your crawler attitude in your post earlier.
The forum is full of people complaining because Arenanet doesn’t listen to them ,even the pro gamers and you said this…

In my post i didn’t ask for your opinion,i gave mine.
Many people are saying exactly the same thing as me,and many people like me,will never give any money any more to Arenanet.So there won’t be any next time for many people.

The one who should be reasonnable is Arenanet,you know them,you sound in love with them.

And i think that Arenanet cares more about the disapointed people because of what happened and the money they won’t get than your:"you’re so perfect now,i love you "post.

PS: you’re playing 3 rangers,so you don’t even have the light human T3 armor,you’re not even concerned so please,take care of your stuff and not the other people’s ones.Thank you.

Your logic is staggering, really. First, you assume that I only have 3 rangers because my personal info. says that I have 3 rangers. I will enlighten you, for now you made the idea of logic hurt bad. It is my pride in having 3 amazing rangers, hence the info in my profile. Apart from those 3, I have 5 others slots with maxed out characters, among them a female human mesmer, male human elementalist and necro. Bravo to you, mate.
Btw, thanks for being on the point with regards to my message. Your answer was very constructive as I pointed above. Btw2, good responses on the ANet part have to be applauded, even if most of our ideas are being ignored by them.

Best regards

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

Really good move from u A-net to remake human T3!

Will u do something about the other ones as well? Medium is a crazy-clipping, ugly tent as susual when it comes to charr – really sad!

Kima & Co

Posted by: CntrlAltDefeat.1465

CntrlAltDefeat.1465

I am happy to see this. I think the flamekissed light was attractive, but I could also see this situation evolving and suspected a rescind might happen. I am all for a-net making money for their work. Everybody does have the right to earn a honest income. This singular situation just caused too much consumer confidence to drop, which ultimately is unfavorable for all parties. I think this is the best decision.

Posted by: GuzziHero.2467

GuzziHero.2467

I have a feeling they will either put the effect on winged or reshape the mesh a bit so it no longer uses the exact same mesh as HT3.

Aww darn. I hate Winged.

Corpus Christi.2057

I am happy to see this. I think the flamekissed light was attractive, but I could also see this situation evolving and suspected a rescind might happen. I am all for a-net making money for their work. Everybody does have the right to earn a honest income. This singular situation just caused too much consumer confidence to drop, which ultimately is unfavorable for all parties. I think this is the best decision.

Exactly. Wish some other people speaking here would have that personal trait of “forward thinking”.

Best regards

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Yes, more exclusivity and restrictions, that will make the game great!
It’s a sad day when people can be so selfish the day before Thanksgiving.

We don’t do thanksgiving :P

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

Posted by: TobyTucker.5317

TobyTucker.5317

And you couldn’t make the in game version of the armor you loved so much for… reasons?

How exactly am I supposed to put flame/particle effects on armor? Is there some newly introduced level in armor-crafting that I don’t know about? To make the point obvious to someone like you, I’m not “in love” with the base armor but I really like the armor WITH the effects. And now my choice to buy that armor with those effects is gone.

Posted by: Ganathar.4956

Ganathar.4956

How exactly am I supposed to put flame/particle effects on armor? Is there some newly introduced level in armor-crafting that I don’t know about? To make the point obvious to someone like you, I’m not “in love” with the base armor but I really like the armor WITH the effects. And now my choice to buy that armor with those effects is gone.

I also liked the armor but Anet just couldn’t keep it in the game because they where basically giving reskinned human CULTURAL armor to every race.
If you want the armor so bad go to the suggestions section and suggest that they make it an upgrade for the original via the mystic forge or something.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

arena makes t3 gemshop: -karma
arena admits mistake: ++karma

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Yes, there has been a lot of noise about the new Flamekissed armour. A forum explosion, if you will. People wanting answers, naturally. Forum mods have probably been earning overtime – if they were getting paid – dealing with many repeat threads breaking forum rules.

However, Anet have listened, and responded.

People may feel this was not in a timely manner, but let’s take things in perspective. Anet is a company. There are many people that work there, and they would need to discuss and agree upon a solution to the problem at hand. It isn’t up to just one person.

Anet might be doing some things wrong still in many opinions (coughScarletcough) but actions such as this, as well as listening about different colour borders for item rarities in your inventory show they do listen to the community.

So, thanks Anet for listening. We know it can be hard, but while there are things we think you are doing wrong, you are also doing a lot right which doesn’t get mentioned nearly as often.

They didn’t listen, they just realized that other people figured out what they did with the armor itself. Came up with an excuse about “oh we thought we altered our mesh but guess we didn’t” and that’s it. It’s a shame what graphic design has come too the last couple of years.

Posted by: Hermes.7014

Hermes.7014

I don’t care if it’s uglier as long as cultural armor is given the respect it deserves.

I rolled a human for cultural armor, and I expect to be the only race allowed to use it.

It’s because of people like you that we all can’t have nice things.

Whether something is either wrong or right, someone will always complain about it.

Posted by: Ghostwolf.9863

Ghostwolf.9863

While I’m glad that arenanet listened, I’m disappointed at the community.

The revamp of the T3 was really nice looking and some of my friends who didn’t like the vanilla T3 liked this one, and all these other people who finally got a light armor they liked on their characters. And now it will be removed, just because people are greedy and get offended because they can’t stand that someone can get something similar to them for less effort.

Personally, I had no intentions in acquiring this armor, but I surely wouldn’t mind if my T3 medium armor had a small redesign and facelift and was added to the gemstore available for all races, to me it just means that I someday might be able to acquire a redesigned armor I like from some other race as well.

Well, I hope Arenanet can come up with a really nice design which the majority of the community approves and that they will allow refund.

Thief, Engineer, Mesmer – Seafarer’s Rest (EU)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

This thread shows an Anet employee response, but I don’t see it ?

Anyway, I bought the new armor for my female human. I like it a lot, but I might want a refund after I see the new one. With my refund, do I get 6 transmutation splitters to get my old armor back? Because the trend with refunds is to destroy the gem store purchase

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

I love GW2, and have no developer hate, as opposed to the hundreds in this community.

However, the current “solution” to this situation is horrible, at least as far as I’ve read some players have received responses from Support. Gems refunds won’t cut it in some cases.

They MUST give a free set of cultural light T3 to all those Human players who transmuted their T3 Flamekissed. No other way around it that could be justifiable. People bought the Flamekissed armor they previewed on the TP, otherwise this is bait and switch. The humans who transmuted their armor are the most affected by the change-not all the other races.

So I don’t really “thank them” for listening to immature complaints, to be honest with you-what ANet initially in offering a different version of T3 cultural armor was no crime-what IS 100% a crime is that a player may have lost his/her T3 armor because he/she desired fiery particles, and thought he/she was upgrading his/her character’s armor by transmuting to Flamekissed. Why I would not have done it myself, it’s an extreme injustice if this few special cases don’t get the proper respect and attention-bait and switch IS a crime (it wasn’t a “bug” or anything of the sort.)

The supposed hurt sensibilities of the “many” don’t justify that these people get crushed by the change.

Alternatively, if the player likes the new armor, he/she should be given the option to stay with it. However, I doubt that most players who transmuted their T3 to Flamekissed wouldn’t want their old armor back. ANet better deal with this fairly, because it’s not right that this people suffer for buying something legally just because many “hurt” players didn’t like what these other players legally paid for, after a preview.

So yes, remove the darned armor and complete the bait and switch, but restore their T3s to those players who had the idea of “upgrading” their armor with fiery particles to no avail. There’s no other solution, and these players can’t be blamed for what they did (ANet, however, can be, and the affected players can REALLY stop playing vs the empty “I will stop playing” remarks of those initially “slighted” by the patch.)

Posted by: Zalman.8719

Zalman.8719

Didn’t read through every comment. BUT! If it’s selfish that we “cry” for our cultural set then so be it. Give it back and make every cultural available to everyone. We’ll be fine then.

ronpierce.2760

Didn’t read through every comment. BUT! If it’s selfish that we “cry” for our cultural set then so be it. Give it back and make every cultural available to everyone. We’ll be fine then.

Sometimes time of owning something and having prestige in its prime is the reward. Prime example is WoW originally had Flying costing 1,000 gold and Dual Specs at 1000 gold. Later the next expansions it’s now something like 250g for flying and 10g for dual specs. (And that actually effects the gameplay!)

Games develop and things change. It’s not like they made the real armor cheaper and buyable (Btw even the current is buyable from real cast it just costs 2x as much), but people don’t all like flames, and you already know the prestige won’t be the same as the original. That doesn’t mean the game can’t progress to be fun and introduce new stuff, sometimes people take a hit that doesn’t seem “fair” right off but its part of the game moving on. If we continue down this road of “they released something that looks cooler than me so I’ll cry about it”, this game will literally not progress. We’d have already been at the end game and may as well quit because the “pro” players who spent friggen 120g (rollseyes) has the full sayso of what can and cannot be implemented in the game or they’re throw a fit. I don’t mean to be rude but please heed my warning. You’re attitudes will ruin any fun and progressive additions to the game.

FYI no one in WoW has EVER gotten a refund due to prices lowering. You just take it as, cool my next alt will be less expensive and move on… They added a perfectly beautiful set here and people truly enjoyed it, and that’s taken away due to a sense of pride. Think about it.

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

…Why can’t just people kittening accept how something gets implemented, like Anet implements it ….

This is just a god darn GAME.

Really, this is really the most ridiculous (bites on my lips!!) community that I’ve ever seen

People will always have differing opinions about any content that is released. This is axiomatic where both people and games are concerned. Despite the fact that some folks on both sides have a point, it’s largely irrelevant.

As far as the community goes, I guess you never played some of the other MMOs out there. This community is positively tame, compared to WoW, XboxLive, Everquest, et cetera. Online communities get ridiculous at times, which is why I don’t post as often as I have in other games.

My advice? Just relax, enjoy the game, and let them who like to argue fight it out on the forums. Their lack of enjoyment doesn’t affect my experience, unless I let it.

Fungalfoot.7213

Their lack of enjoyment doesn’t affect my experience, unless I let it.

It does when they effectively get content removed from the game by throwing a tantrum. Listening to the community is all good but you have to know which part of the community is actually worth listening to. They should have listened back when people complained about the implementation of ascended.

But this? This has been a complete farce from beginning to end. At this point it’s very hard to argue that the Guild Wars 2 community is one worth participating in.

Posted by: tinymurder.5791

tinymurder.5791

Their lack of enjoyment doesn’t affect my experience, unless I let it.

It does when they effectively get content removed from the game by throwing a tantrum. Listening to the community is all good but you have to know which part of the community is actually worth listening to. They should have listened back when people complained about the implementation of ascended.

But this? This has been a complete farce from beginning to end. At this point it’s very hard to argue that the Guild Wars 2 community is one worth participating in.

I’m neither agreeing nor disagreeing with your points about the change to the Flamekissed light armor. Nor am I arguing your opinion about the community. All I said is that this community, as a whole, is fairly tame in comparison to most of the online communities of which I have been a member. My other point, is that I usually don’t let it bother me if someone likes something I don’t like, or vice versa.

I realize that we’re talking about items bought in the BLTP used to modify items bought in game from the T3 Cultural vendor, but for me, the same philosophy applies. I may choose to post my opinions or arguments on the subject later, but if I do, it will not be to post ad hominem attacks, baseless opinion, and complaints about the state of the community. None of these things are helpful, and they are often a distraction.

P.S. In my second paragraph, I am not accusing you of any of those tactics. I am merely commenting in general.

Posted by: Julischka Bean.7491

Julischka Bean.7491

Well, I am of two minds about this. Yes, I agree Anet never should have put a jazzed up cultural set in the Gem store, but, they did, I saw it, deemed it perfect for my Asura, and bought it right then and there, with real life cash. I was truly about to believe I would find nothing to suit her personality, and there it was…in the Gem Store.

Bliss

Then I read the firestorm about it on the forums

I want to keep this skin, and am terrified that the replacement will not suit her as well as this one does.

Anet…about this new replacement skin…could you make it Asura friendly?? Please?

Lisa.

Fungalfoot.7213

I was actually impressed that they had made the boots asura friendly. I still didn’t buy it since it made for a poor fit for my necromancer thematically. But yeah, I do hope they’ll work on making more boots keep asura toes in mind.

Posted by: angelpaladin.7921

angelpaladin.7921

Guy’s Anet is trying to minimize collateral damage overall. I am sure some people will leave and I am sure some people will give up on the Gem store today. In the long run Anet will keep the faith of old and new players alike.

That’s what this really boils down to in a few month’s when this is all said and done and you guys are gone this will be a distant memory. There will be mentions of it in passing but for the most part the entire issue will have died down and reminders of it forgotten.

Removing the armor today stops issues in the future why leave a festering wound untreated that’s what leaving the armor in the game would have been a festering wound. That reminded people every time they seen it that Anet does not keep promises and anything and everything is up for grabs.

Posted by: RedSpectrum.1975

RedSpectrum.1975

No really, thank you. This is my first time posting a pseudo-feedback thread since launch because at this point in time I feel like I desperately need too. In regards to the recent flame whiplash, I have to say that while it was not in your best favor to put a cultural reskin on the gem store, at the same token I am upset that it is being taken away from everyone. I have a human, two actually and I am not at all upset that other races were getting a variant of the human cultural armor. In fact, a lot of people don’t care about others getting cultural armor. But then why don’t you see any of these people? The answer is simple: Those people don’t feel the need to post on the forums. From a statistical standpoint, if you are posting on the forums, you are posting a complaint because those are the people that feel as though their voices need to be heard. When in reality there is a ton more voices you don’t hear because they are at the very least content or understanding with the content you guys work so hard to bring out for us, for free. Am I saying I’ve been happy with each and every single thing you’ve done? Of course not, but that’s part of being human (no joke intentional there) but I have at least been understanding and respectful of the fact that you guys have given us this stuff for free and that you try so hard to please your fan base. The only problem is like I said, the only fan base you hear are the complaints which gives the illusion that they are the majority.

In closing, I feel like many more of us need to make more threads when we appreciate something you’ve done. Because as it stands many of us are showing you appreciation by not saying anything because we are at least content. While that is not necessarily a bad thing, it has proven to be a less than satisfactory method to show gratitude. I have seen a couple threads about the new armor “scandal” in which people say that that was their first time posting since pre-launch or etc. Why was that their first time? Because they were unhappy about a change. So you can assume that with all of the other things you’ve done, those people accepted your updates and patches and remained silent about it. So here is another one of very few posts saying, thank you. I understand you cannot please everyone, that comes with anything. But you guys are giving it your all to please most of us. I thank you for the lack of a sub fee, I thank you for the free additional content, I thank you for the occasional armors you dish out making me want to work to get it. I am upset that the majority are hidden behind a negative and selective few.

Shawtell, Zen Verani, Rayshia Howen, Iyado, Colace Nzoir, Arteel Fyrien [Teef]

(edited by RedSpectrum.1975)

Posted by: jsduke.6537

jsduke.6537

I think ANet is aware of the phenomenon you described. It is well known in every customer service industry.

You’re right, though, that we should make a point of posting positive feedback when ANet does something that we like. They are paying attention to the forums, and positive feedback as at least as effective as negative feedback.

Posted by: slurpey.6014

slurpey.6014

Guy’s Anet is trying to minimize collateral damage overall. I am sure some people will leave and I am sure some people will give up on the Gem store today. In the long run Anet will keep the faith of old and new players alike.

doubt it. Anet better increases the free gw2 copies for that contest by another 5 or 8k. And blocks all new users from the forums

Posted by: alcopaul.2156

alcopaul.2156

A.NET, why did you listen to these people who want kitten in your game to be expensive as kitten?

A.NET, you were doing the right thing to offer a better and cheaper version of kitten. And you didn’t man up to your kitten.

A.NET is a wuss kitten.

Posted by: hchadw.1097

hchadw.1097

I’ll just move this here as my thread is empty.
Thanks for listening

I am very glad that ArenaNet has been kind enough to listen to their fans and keep Racial Armors exclusive to their respective race. It shows that they do, in fact, value their players time. Thanks for hearing us. That said, there is no reason ArenaNet shouldn’t make some good money off of some nice skins. Here’s how:

Make a 4th set of “cultural” gear for all races in some future update. Use your previous designs to inspire your work on these new sets.

These sets should be essentially a “gift” from one race to another. A sign of cooperation and respect, from norn to asura, charr to human, and so forth. Dungeon gear essentially fills this role, but fails to capitalize on two counts. One, it doesn’t fill your coffers. Two, instead of representing the 5 great races of Tyria, many dungeon sets have other themes.
So, say for example I really like the amazing design of human t3 light armor. As a designer I want other races to have something similar, something to represent some fictional human tailor’s appreciation of his female Norn elementalist friend. First I take the cut of the top, the cut of the cloth into a bikini top is acceptable for both races without sacrificing the uniqueness of actual existing t3. The gems that hang from it however, will be changed. A single large gem now hangs in its place. For the pants, I keep the long flowing robes, but change the swiss cheese like holes to another pattern and cover the tiny spot of visible hips. In this method, I slowly warp the design to a new albeit pleasing aesthetic that still looks like a human designed it, but is a gift to all races. In this method, you can take any of the neat cultural armor designs and create a new armor set that honors the race that wears it rather than plagiarizing it. After all, what human ranger wouldn’t love a set similar to Eir’s wolfborn inspired clothes? Cultural gifts, available to all could celebrate what makes Tyria so cool and make you guys some good money. (It would be great for Wintersday, but I doubt you have time to make that many sets so soon.)

At any rate, Thanks again for listening!

yeah i like that idea… The story mode makes you create a Pact… at the end of the game you get Pact Weapon choice… Why is there no Pact Armor choice … ya know pact designed armor for each race/class in tyria… thats what Pacts do… just look at Nato they try to conform to using same type of equipment/Ammo and such so they dont have a mix…………… seems like The guildwars pact would do the same. Race Armor cross overs would be nice… we can dream right! LOL

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

If they actually follow through and correct the issue I’m trying to champion, which I was told by support was a bug (though not fixed Tuesday), and doesn’t instead turn out to be a stealth push of someone’s values in my face (after 13+ months of looking a particular way), I’d happily make a thank you post.

I have a sad feeling in my stomach that I’ve been lied to, and my days are numbered.

Guess I can’t complain too much. I got to play a really fun game for 13+ months.

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

anet maybe thought that people would be happy to see such a beautiful armor set in the gemstore, but forgot that putting the same armor design like a cultural skin should is a bad idea. im glad they responded and admitted the mistake. maybe anet sees what people like when it comes to armor. medium armor should be less coats light armor should offer both revealing and elegant.
so the new flamekissed should have something that can be similar revealing and elegant like the human t3 but still be a unique design. people are very specific with clothes thats why i understand that many people are concerned about the redesign. it took me a while to figure out my armor design and id be mad if one piece was redesigned, but in this case it is necessary.
cultural should stay exclusive.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

ronpierce.2760

anet maybe thought that people would be happy to see such a beautiful armor set in the gemstore, but forgot that putting the same armor design like a cultural skin should is a bad idea. im glad they responded and admitted the mistake. maybe anet sees what people like when it comes to armor. medium armor should be less coats light armor should offer both revealing and elegant.
so the new flamekissed should have something that can be similar revealing and elegant like the human t3 but still be a unique design. people are very specific with clothes thats why i understand that many people are concerned about the redesign. it took me a while to figure out my armor design and id be mad if one piece was redesigned, but in this case it is necessary.

I’d say light needs more hoods/fullhelms and less face stickers. (for males) So many face stickers, there’s not much fun customization to be done with that. These are the major reasons I wanted grenth hood and gasmask so much, finally a few helms that make a difference on light wearers.

Posted by: Thelgar.7214

Thelgar.7214

I’d say light needs more hoods/fullhelms and less face stickers. (for males) So many face stickers, there’s not much fun customization to be done with that. These are the major reasons I wanted grenth hood and gasmask so much, finally a few helms that make a difference on light wearers.

More hoods can wait until the next set. The replacement set should retain the same utility, quality and desirability to those who have it now. That means not covering hair or faces and leaving at least the same areas and amount of visible skin so that the armor continues to allow sylvari and norn to see hair/faces/eyes/skin/glow/tattoos.

ronpierce.2760

Oh, sure, I was referring to in general what people “want”. That was a bit off topic, more of a general statement. :P

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

well yeah for males there needs to be better options for sure. as a female mesmer i dont like to have hoods or helms at all, but the male light armor could use new stuff like hoods, but again it is light armor after all so hoods are more a medium armor thing while helms are better suited for heavy.

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

This game should have had in fact never anything at all like “cultural” equipment.
Wouldn’t there be this ridiculous issue around them, then we wouldn’t have this problem now, that has been caused through this kind of community thats QQing over 1 single armor set.

This community and tame? Are you kittening kidding me??? Good Joke…really
In the game maybe, but surely not here in the forums ..

Its just ridiculous, that just the massive whining of a forum minority gets so much influence on Anet, that they instantly change something so drastically like what they do noew by directly removing somethign from the shop and changing it.

Really, WTF gives a kitten about those people who already bought the T3?
It was their decision to buy it, when gold was harder to obtain. Time moves forward, things will always change over time…. thats called kittening EVOLUTION and its something that alot of people should finally learn to accept here to mature up, that things will always change over time. Nothing stays as it is forever. Money will continue to lose its value every day.
Having now a T3 armor is absolutely NOTHING special anymore, like it maybe was the first months after game release, when gold was in the game alot more worth, than it is now.

Just kittening OPEN YOUR EYES, just basically every 2nd to 3rd human scholar class runs around today with T3 armor after those farmfest weeks around the Crown pavilion and the continuing permanent scarlet invasions, in between that constant dungeon path farms for quick money (cough Arah P1/2), or the champ train farms ect.

The “solution” that Anet made now to please all those silly QQ was just made only, so that Anet doesn’t lose their face, so that they don’t have to fear a second player exodos due of all these smallminded selfish rage quitters that sure would have followed soon, if Anet wouldn’t have reacted soon…

However, the way howe ANet has reacted is in my opion the absolute worst and most wrong way how anet could have handled this big self made issue.

Instead of creating one new issue by wiping away the issue of those QQers, they should have used this unique chance better to improve the game massively with a solution, that would have made BOTH SIDES happy and not only the selfish whiners, so that they can have still their self made “super prestige” cultural restricted equipment, which this game in fact shouldn’t have at all, if Anet doesn#t want to have contradictory mechanics in this game, which go against their own words, that this game should be all about fashion and restrict not players and their personal tastes to create characters, which can look exactly the way, how you want them to look like.

GW2 is purely “Dress Up Wars 2” and the only reason why this is the kittenign case is, due to racial armor restrictions, that should never ever haved existed in this game from begin on !!

The most optimal solution in this situation would be a multiple step solution:

1) Completely remove all 3 Armors from the TP, Exchange them with a complete new armor set of new GW1 Armor revamps, for example Obsidian Armors for all 3 armor types.

2) Make all current cultural Armors usable for every race, no dumb restrictions anymore
3) Implement new Craftign Recipes for Items that allow to use them in combination with T3 EQuipment Parts to change those Equipment Parts into Ascendent Versions of those Armor Sets which have various types of elemental particle effects in regard of which crafting recipe has been used.
4) Add for every T3 Armor Set 4 different elemental particle effects for the Ascendant Versions of the T3 Armor sets.

That way everyone could have been happy, the game would improve with more armor diversity skin wise and Anet would have some easy makeable content for some ascendant different looking armor sets, than the current skins we know so far which will be used for ascendant armors.
those elemental upgraded Ascendent versions of T3 armors for every race could then be used later also maybe as makeable precursors to make out of them legendary armor sets, that would come together maybe with somethign like elemental auras, elemental effects added to finishing moves ect. pp whatever else ANet could come up with ideas for …

All what they are doing now is just a very cheap solution to just please only the QQers in fear of them to rage quit the game and thats the real thing, what personally upsets me the most. That anets rather prefers to make cheap solutions for whining people, rathern than high quality solutions, that make both sides happy and and the same move would improve the game for all, by reducing those problematic source issues to ZERO through removing those outdated cultural equipment mechanics.

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside