Thank you!

Thank you!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ranlea.8270

Ranlea.8270

Thanks too, I am really enjoying the levelling process and so far there is very little to dislike if not at all.

One minor point……….in the various Inns within the world is it possible to have an Innkeeper selling drink and food? Not all Inns have them and this feature would be nice.

Thank you!

Posted by: Ranlea.8270

Ranlea.8270

Oh…..on edit……..Black Citidal does remind me of Ironforge a little……anyone else think that ?

Thank you!

Posted by: Banewrath.5107

Banewrath.5107

This is an awsome game. I look forward to future refinements to make it even better.

Thank you!

Posted by: Evil Geek.6904

Evil Geek.6904

I’ve been waiting for this game ever since it was announced, it seemed like a long wait but now it’s finally here it was worth the wait. I’m having a blast in Tyria, haven’t had this much fun since GW. My whole guild is here and we are loving being back together in such a beautiful environment. Thanks for taking the risks and evolving the genre, what I love the most is the emphasis on community and how game mechanics work to make you embrace other players rather than be concerned about them, that in itself is a revolutionary step. Loving it, thank you for the obvious love and commitment you’ve made to the game and its community!

Thank you!

Posted by: Levian.7683

Levian.7683

The best game! Thank you Anet <3

Can You Keep a Secret?

Thank you!

Posted by: Account.9832

Account.9832

As a semi-casual player (wife and kid) I have been craving a PvP focused game that didn’t reward players with endless time to play the game significant advantages over those who may only be able to play a few hours a week.

While I agree that GW2’s approach is a lot more “casual-friendly” than most MMORPGs, it’s important to note that most “PvP focused games” follow the same approach. There is no long-term “powering up through gear” in the vast majority of PvP games (such as MOBAs, Team Fortress, Counter-Strike, CoD, etc.). It’s only a couple of MMORPGs that adopted that model (rewarding time spent, rather than skill), because it’s the same model they use for PvE.

Maybe that’s what you meant (i.e., you were talking specifically about MMORPGs), but I think it’s important to point out that the majority of online PvP games follows the same model as GW2 (putting all players on a level playing field, requiring at most a handful of “rounds” to access your desired weapons). This isn’t some risky new gameplay model, this is the model that most PvP players prefer.

- Al Zheimer

Thank you!

Posted by: Crusher.4708

Crusher.4708

Best MMO & RPG aswell, I love the customization, the depth, and the masses amounts of content that is realy fun to play and feels epic, unique and varied!

Thank you!

Posted by: Xericor.9103

Xericor.9103

I have played many many games and love GW2. You have set the new bench mark by which future games will aspire.

www.auroraglade.eu – Community Site for Aurora Glade!

Thank you!

Posted by: Payne.5062

Payne.5062

Thank You ArenaNet …this is the best game i’ve played and i dont think i will be playing anything else for the rest of my life. It is simply amazing, it has great artwork, gameplay, incredible design, revolutionary new level scaling, huge maps, huge content.

I just love everything about it. The races, the classes, the professions, every race is so different and original it’s like a whole different game.

Thank you!

Posted by: Eamil.7168

Eamil.7168

I’ve made some annoyed posts over on the account issues forum but, my one frustrating bug-related issue aside, I’m absolutely loving the game. I have a lot of respect for the way they’ve handled things so far, how quickly they’re fixing bugs and even making small quality-of-life improvements (like crafting with mats from the bank). Even if I could wish support would respond to my issue faster, I understand that they’re doing the best they can and they’re still expanding the support team to improve response times, so I can’t hold it against them.

I haven’t gotten my first character to 80 yet but I eagerly look forward to seeing where we go from here, content-wise.

Thank you!

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Thanks Anet! I love the game, the world is huge, detailed and I can easily spend hours just running around looking at awesome scenery. I don’t think I could ever go back to a normal questing system, this is so much better. Down-levelling is absolute genius. I love how you haven’t made everything boringly easy. I levelled to 80 without really noticing I was levelling most of the time. So far the dungeons are a lot of fun and feel like small raids, which is great. Oh and the jumping puzzles are great too.

In short – can’t wait for the first expansion

I also want to say thanks for the amount of updates and responses you guys give and for all the hard work bug fixing <3

(edited by Kana.6793)

Thank you!

Posted by: Milennin.4825

Milennin.4825

Thanks a lot for the awesome game. One of the best I have ever played.=D

Just who the hell do you think I am!?

Thank you!

Posted by: Oraculum.1832

Oraculum.1832

Yes thanks a lot for creating this magnificent work of art.
Your game is incredible.

Thank you!

Posted by: Snores.7806

Snores.7806

I usually avoid the fanboy threads like the plague. But credit where credits due. absolutletly sterling work so far.
I’ve beta tested many an MMO over the last decade and GW2 is the best effort I’ve seen. Reminds me of Vanilla WoW back in the day. Congratulations for all your hard work, it shows.
I’m actually gonna throw a few dollars at the TP this week for no other reason then I think this game is worth what i’d usually pay a sub for. There are one or two issues I’d like to see addressed but this isn’t the place or the time. TY Anet, you’ve done an exceptional job

Thank you!

Posted by: Shoogli.6185

Shoogli.6185

Thanks a lot to everyone in the team, you all really can be very proud of what you have delivered to us !

Thank you!

Posted by: Jezath.7395

Jezath.7395

Thankyou so much for all the great hard work you guys have done in order to make and continue to make this the greatest game this year!

Thanks for all the hard work over the last oh so many years

Tis not what they can do for you
Tis only what you can do for all

Thank you!

Posted by: Tomus.8632

Tomus.8632

Thank you Arenanet so much for this game! For me it is best MMO I’ve ever played.

Guild Wars 2 is art masterpiece and I really enjoy it.

~Czech Republic community~
~My Gallery~ http://mrtomus.minus.com/

Thank you!

Posted by: Wolfmother.4098

Wolfmother.4098

Yes!! Thank you for all your hard work folks <3 I agree don’t let the naysayers getcha down. You’ve made a lovely living piece of art that players like myself can devote a lot of time having fun in. Group hug

We can make ourselves miserable, or we can make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

Thank you!

Posted by: Teva.2807

Teva.2807

I have been waiting years for this game to came out, i always kept my hopes up, but not too high so I wouldnt be disappointed when it came out. This is by far the best game I have ever played in any genre before, and the best staff i have seen. Even though the game just came out, most games just left it to the players to play for a few months then they do a big update. But u guys, u guys fix right away when there is a bug. Thank you. <3

Thieftix- Crystal Desert [CLAV] Commander (Aka sexiest thief on CD >:])

Thank you!

Posted by: Darcy.6923

Darcy.6923

I add my thanks for fulfilling your promises. I’ve been playing GW since Feb 2006 and, along with many, was disappointed when “no further expansions” was announced. But you have once again gone beyond what was expected and given us a fantastic game.

I have convinced my guild members from Rift to buy this game, and they are all greatly impressed. I have been pointing out for the last year how different GW2 would be from any other MMO, and how much they would enjoy it. My guild leader is “in love” with the lack of pressure. She is spending more hours in GW2 than in Rift.

Please, make sure that all the ArenaNet employees and the NCSoft customer support are aware of our appreciation.

Thank you!

Posted by: Cytheria.2867

Cytheria.2867

I keep looking at this thread and thinking, I really need to get round to posting on it.

So anyhoos, after much getting side tracked, I’d like to add my +1.. Thanks, both for your efforts and dev work, and for your support when its been needed.

Having worked in the same situation myself, I can honestly say grats to the team for a very smooth launch, great communication, and all round job. If we’d done it half as well, I’d probably still have a job in the field lol.

Thank you!

Posted by: Manji.3801

Manji.3801

Respect — it’s a very very nice game … sure there are still (i like to call ’em) minor issues, but nothing gamebreaking so … Looking forward for more

Thanks guy for actuall making a Game FOR the playerbase… which does not try to rob you out of time or money

Thank you!

Posted by: Noctura.3908

Noctura.3908

This game is AMAZING. I didn’t know a game of such high quality could still be created in this day and age. No game has captured me this way for a long time. I was blown away as soon as I stepped foot into this world. Thank you very much for sharing this world with us. The last two mmos I have tried at launch have really let me down, and kept me searching for that game that would just hold my fascination and keep me immersed. This is probably the most fun I have had in a game for 10 years, since way back when I started my first mmo. ^^

I cannot wait to see what is in the future. From me, and all of my friends; Thank you for giving us the awesome game we have been waiting for.
(I luv taking screenshots in this game!!)

Attachments:

Thank you!

Posted by: Grizzly.9713

Grizzly.9713

Going to add to this; the game is great and really does feel like a next generation MMO to me.

I don’t get to play it as often as I like but when I do it is very enjoyable. Also glad to see ArenaNet taking an aggressive stance against bots, gold sellers, and other hackers- too many games have been ruined by those things. Glad GW2 is determined not to be one of them.

Keep up the good work!

- A happy customer.

Thank you!

Posted by: avinsell.3625

avinsell.3625

Thanks ANet for that great experience! It’s the only game in the last few years that I can’t stop thinking about and want to play it all the time! Also it’s great that you really listen to the community and react very fast to every good sugestion, I don’t know any other developer (maybe except Valve) that cares so much about players.

Thank you!

Posted by: Jonin.7230

Jonin.7230

I agree. Thank you. I’ve been having a great time and can’t wait to play every day when I get home from work.

Thank you!

Posted by: Kelsier.2359

Kelsier.2359

Thanks for making such a great game! Can’t wait for all the new things you guys will add in the coming years, it’s gonna be a good journey.

Thank you!

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

Game’s not perfect, but it’s prettykittenclose. I can really see the hard work you put in AND the hard work you CONTINUE to put into the game. Thank you very much.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Thank you!

Posted by: EvilBydoEmpire.4850

EvilBydoEmpire.4850

Thanks to all guys and gals who made this game! You delivered on all promises and exceeded all of my sky high expectations!

Thank you!

Posted by: SirRobin.9428

SirRobin.9428

While its sad to see the same level of complaining and trolling here that you find in P2P game forums. It does nothing to diminish just how much fun I’m having in this game. I have not had this much fun in an MMORPG since the first few months of WoW back in 2004-2005.

Thank you Arena Net for making this incredible game.

who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor
who had nearly stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol
and who had personally wet himself at the Battle of Badon Hill!

Thank you!

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Thank you for makig a game that I can’t only enjoy myself, but that provides even my boyfriend (non-gamer) which heaps of fun when he is sitting behind me, merely watching me play (instead of leaving the room because he’s so bored)

This was exactly the evolution of online games that I needed. It’s even better for leaving room for improvement

Polka will never die

Thank you!

Posted by: Kitsunami.6241

Kitsunami.6241

thank you so much ArenaNet! You have given me the mmo I have always wanted:

No level limitations
Always play with freinds
No drop limitations
Fun exploration
Underwater content
Epic battles

I love your story, the whole game is feeling amazing and I am eagerly looking forwards to a bright future in guild wars 2.

And from a journalist perspective, the game is astonishing and probably one of the best releases in the mmo market to date, and I sincerely hope it shows your opposition who’s boss.

Kitsunami Lupo
Writer/Head of PR
www.gamersaurs.com

Thank you!

Posted by: sarharien.5390

sarharien.5390

Thank you for:
- a new take on an old genre, that’s seriously making me contemplate cancelling other subscriptions to invest my time and coin here
- incredibly responsive AND patient AND friendly Twitter feed staff
- an amazingly epic, beautiful, rich, detailed and unique world created by your talented “art department” staff and developers. can’t say enough KUDOS here – its just beautiful
- creating a game and game mechanics, that have encouraged a community to be helpful, kind, and supportive to complete strangers; which in turn spurns me to do the same

That’s just a few – and so many more compliments already posted that I say “hear, hear!” to

<3

>>————> Bowchick of Red
Sarharien the Red

Thank you!

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

Whoever came up with these jumping puzzles should be slapped silly… I’ve never laughed so hard in all my life! To see the pile of bodies at the Metrica Province jumping puzzle gate is just priceless.

“Excuse me good Sir, before you head off and try again, could you rez a few of us? LOL”

Thank you!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Totally agree with OP. You guys rock! Please resist the allready happening onslaught on your game design by people who just want yet another WoW or an autowin game were everyone is able to accomplish everything without bothering to improve their in game skills.

Thank you!

Posted by: Ssnipo.1790

Ssnipo.1790

Thank you ArenaNET.

I’m having a lot fun, your game is amazing.

Simple as that…

… because I have to get back there and have more fun.

Thank you!

Posted by: Sera.5634

Sera.5634

Thank you from the bottom of my heart! After playing WoW for four years, let me tell you that I’m so happy to finally have a game I enjoy playing! Not only is the game content absolutely incredible, but the other players are mostly polite and helpful instead of rude and angry. I was shocked at how enjoyable this play experience is and plan on bringing over all my WoW friends from the dark side.

Thank you!

Posted by: Ordika.9513

Ordika.9513

here here

I went form WoW to the best WoW clone (Rift) but was still a WoW clone. It is a breath of fresh air to be back playing a MMO the is as enjoyable as it is unique.

Ordika Skirata || Keirstaad Rhith || Rhun Turold || Quinten Vigar || Ahrung Park
Swansonites of North Shiverpeak – Northern Shiverpeaks

Thank you!

Posted by: TheOuroborus.6387

TheOuroborus.6387

GW2 shows much promise. With a couple expansions under it’s belt, guild halls and a few more PvP options, it’ll be a game to be reckoned with.

Thank you!

Posted by: Eddard.2930

Eddard.2930

This game is kitten awesome.

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather. Not screaming like the people in his car.

Thank you!

Posted by: Fox Soul.4809

Fox Soul.4809

Thanks you Anet! Its really a amazing game! A lot of content and a lot of hidden content.

Thank you!

Posted by: xerxys.2635

xerxys.2635

thanks but no thanks! lol

Thank you!

Posted by: Antihoc.2503

Antihoc.2503

Thanks for what to date has been a most excellent experience slightly hindered by a few bugs and teething problems but to be honest none have been show stoppers.

Once again thanks for all the hard work both in the past and future

Thank you!

Posted by: EvenTargS.3279

EvenTargS.3279

Thanks you guys ! This game is absolutely amazing ! Loving every aspect of it ! Little details such as the sound of crushing branches when walking through a forest just blew my head open :‘) It’s just beautiful ! Keep up the amazing work !!! Gracias !

Thank you!

Posted by: merlinr.6581

merlinr.6581

Each zone in the game is like a detailed work of art unlike I’ve seen in any other game. I have great respect for the level of hard work and commitment that went into making this game.

So thanks for such a great game. And please do not listen to the vocal minority and start ruining the game by nerfing classes and difficulty. The game, in my opinion, is perfect in these respects.

Thank you!

Posted by: geus.1897

geus.1897

So far i just love your game..

Hope more to come..

Guild Leader Obsidian Fear
www.obsidianfear.com

Thank you!

Posted by: Burner.1643

Burner.1643

Thank you for this amazing mmorpg and your dedication !
Keep up the great work.

Thank you!

Posted by: Wintyre Fraust.6534

Wintyre Fraust.6534

Yes, OMG, thank you so, so much!! LOVE IT!!

Thank you!

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

I think this game will leave a profound mark on gaming in this era. It’s just thatkittenimpressive, and does most of it so smoothly that we forget to appreciate just how smooth it is sometimes.

In short, THANKS for making Guild Wars 2!

Thank you!

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

I have to chime in here: signed.

I waited years for GW2. At first I was not liking this as much as I expected, I sorta expected something similar to GW1 and I was not and am not into a huge level spread just to appeal to the masses that want LARGE numbers to brag about (omg I can’t tell my friends in school my awesome character is only level 20!!@!).

However, after longer play ( a few days starting with pre-release) I got accustomed to the game and while I am sure there are tweaks needed and whatnot, this is a superb game and a great base for hopefully more to come.

Kudos to all involved in producing, testing and releasing this (as well as to all those maintaining and tweaking it)!

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…