Thank you!

Thank you!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

Just wanted to give me thank you. Now I can play a high quality MMO with no monthly fee. Thank you for evolving the community it really helps brand loyalty.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Thank you!

Posted by: Ryo Hazuki.8503

Ryo Hazuki.8503

I would also like to say thanks too! I played WoW for a bit, got bored. Same with rift, got bored. Played through all of GW1 and apart from EoTN and enjoyed it somewhat (which I am going to buy and play when I’m not completely hooked on GW2) but the MMO genre just had something missing for me as a whole.

Without me knowing it, you have addressed all those points! I never feel left behind for not playing 24/7 (despite clocking up over 100 hours already), I never actually feel like I’m grinding although I essentially am, the world is so immersive and in-detail that I often get side-tracked on the way to a storyline quest – a couple of times I’ve been exploring for like 2 hours inbetween the quests. I never look at the level bar thinking “Ugh, how long is it until I get to level 30”, the community is friendly and not imtimidating (so much so that it’s allowed my knowledge of MMO’s to flourish whilst playing the game).

I could go on forever but it’s just, for me, made MMO’s so much more fun and less of a chore that other games in the genre make it seem. Add the quirkly features: jumping puzzles, vistas, POI’s and the library inside the Priory, which is amazing and you have my favourite game since Shenmue for the Dreamcast in 1999. It’s taken 13 bloody years!

At the risk of writing out a fanboy style essay: your company also deserves our money, you listen to the fans, keep us updated and it genuinely feels like you care about the fans, the players, the game, the brand as a whole and are not just in it for the money. Although the profit you make is the game-breaker, as you’re a business, as a customer we don’t feel used as a pawn for that. And in a consumerist world, where big businesses rip people off left, right and centre – it’s the most refreshing thing ever.

Bravo, Anet.

Thank you!

Posted by: Torrance.8012

Torrance.8012

Just adding my thanks as well. Great job Anet on having a vision for your game and delivering it, best mmo experience in years.

Thank you!

Posted by: pdg.8462

pdg.8462

Yes, bravo to ArenaNet!

Thank you!

Posted by: Savalsuan.4395

Savalsuan.4395

Thank you! <message body must be...there we go>

Thank you!

Posted by: ManMountain.4321

ManMountain.4321

THANK YOU 1,000,000 times over like man !!!!
i have found my home
I have found the game that suits me
I am ACTUALLY ENJOYING myself

Thank you!!!!

Thank you!

Posted by: Shugaluv.3756

Shugaluv.3756

I think this game will go down as one of the great games of our time. Its relatively unique, competitive, and most importantly FUN (seems a lot of games lately can’t seem to get the whole fun thing right). Thanks so much arena net for creating this work of art.

Thank you!

Posted by: Ultinomicon.2805

Ultinomicon.2805

Thank You!! I love Guild Wars 2 — wonderful game!!

Thank you!

Posted by: Lrdrahl.6120

Lrdrahl.6120

Wow still page 1,

And yes I meant casual MMO games, I play and have played semi competitively CS and LoL.

I just couldnt fit the schedule requirement to obtain competitive status in Aion, WoW, Warhammer… havent played any other MMO since DAoC that I was in love with concept AND execution although my standards were much less in 2001 lol loved concept of Shadowbane and played a while but execution was terrible.

Protip Anet, you want me for life? Introduce guild keeps that we can build and customize and let us do GvG competitions in an instance that pits the 2 keeps/ guilds against each other. First keep taken wins (no permanent destruction of keep is needed, Guild ranking system etc)…

Thank you!

Posted by: Aluano.1826

Aluano.1826

Thank you ArenaNet for an amazing game, keep it up!

Thank you!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ve actually stopped watching the review videos and reading articles about this game because of one question I kept asking myself: “Are you having fun?”
I never got my answer because I’m still logged in playing, but maybe that is my answer.

A good game ‘Net! I’ll post bugs to help make this game better.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Thank you!

Posted by: RolandDaemon.7268

RolandDaemon.7268

Thank you, Arenanet.

We really do appreciate everything you’ve done for us in creating this game and the hard work you have put in after release. I’ve never seen such an ethic even from the ‘big boys’.

Keep it up.

When in Tyria, do as the Tyrian’s do.

Thank you!

Posted by: Nimmi.1650

Nimmi.1650

Oh lovely! There is a thank you thread around here. ^-^

I love what you’ve done with the game thus far. I really look forward to sticking around and seeing where things go in the future! All of your hard work really shows. In every tiny little detail. Thank you for this wonderful piece of art you’ve created. I’ll try not to be too annoying on the forums or anything. :)

Thank you!

Posted by: aelnova.8590

aelnova.8590

Thank you for an excellent game !!

I agree with the posters that talk about the game systems, graphics, story line, pvp, etc. It has been a blast and will continue to be. My brother and daughter play and we three just keep enjoying this game

Thanks again for the hard work and the fun you’ve brought us.

Thank you!

Posted by: Rpgtabbycat.5869

Rpgtabbycat.5869

This is the first time I’ve ever played an MMO where I actually enjoyed the leveling process. Thank you, ArenaNet, for making such a fun and addictive game!

Thank you!

Posted by: ShadyNZL.9018

ShadyNZL.9018

Hello ArenaNet,

The OP has hit it on the nail. Maybe not for others but this is the PERFECT game for ME! Everything I wanted is here and having so much fun!

Thanks so much for your efforts – the wait has been worth it!

Thank you!

Posted by: FRENETIC.7169

FRENETIC.7169

Respect to areanet for their compassion and honesty and actually caring about their community.

Thank you!

Posted by: Cherrysoul.3507

Cherrysoul.3507

Yep Thank you Anet, your game is amazing, your ability to fix, patch, maintain , change is amazing, those of us that appreciate you know just how hard you all work, and i do feel sorry for Anet (and any dev) when they get hammered with rage etc over silly little things. GW2 is a solid game, and a lot of fun, thankfully i think the Majority agree

Thank you!

Posted by: Juutas.7320

Juutas.7320

I’ll keep it short. The best game i’ve ever played. Thank you!

Don’t worry, be Jormag! -Sons of Svanir Fan Club

Thank you!

Posted by: Salt.4621

Salt.4621

Thank you ArenaNet, the best MMO I have played in a long, long time.

The artists have done an incredible job and the overall polish and presentation in the game is amazing. Great work guys!

“Your face is funny. All squished and weird.”

Thank you!

Posted by: viralinfector.3607

viralinfector.3607

I have to add my thank you as well…I’ve been playing a bunch of MMOrpgs and I have grown tired of WoW…this game has just been amazing to play…thanks!

Please keep up the good work and please do not ever fall in the footsteps of Blizzard…a happy community leads to happy gaming.

“Dyfast <Bros> – Female Human <Thief> – Stormbluff Isle”

Thank you!

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

just adding on. thanks for this game!!! it’s my first MMO and they never really appealed to me. but as i found my way back to PC gaming, this is a GREAT game to own and be able to play right now.

keep up the hard and great work! it is much appreciated.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Thank you!

Posted by: Maleagant.3160

Maleagant.3160

Want to post my thank you to ArenaNet too.

Thank you for a wonderful MMO.I’m loving this game.I’m constantly stopping while in the game looking at the beautiful environments and the sounds that draw you into the game.

Guild Wars 2 truly is a work of art and I appreciate all the hard work that the talented people at ArenaNet have done.

Thank you!

Posted by: Potent.2369

Potent.2369

I’d also like to express some thanks for making what is so far a great and immersive game. Exploring the content I get a real feeling for the amount of work and (perhaps more importantly) enjoyment that went into creating the world.

Thank you!

Posted by: Necrys.5820

Necrys.5820

Absolutely agreed on all counts, this has been the most engaging and refreshing gameplay experience I’ve had in quite a while. Thanks very much to all of the hardworking folks at ANet for putting this game together and keeping it going, I’m really enjoying it. Hats off to you all, great work!

Thank you!

Posted by: Mightylink.3816

Mightylink.3816

I feel the same, they delivered everything I ever wanted, it feels like the game is so perfect like it was made specifically for me.

-They did a terrific job on the snowy areas, really detailed and rocky, my favorite theme of areas done right!
-They hired Jeromy Soule to do the music, my favorite composer in the industry, I love his work and I can’t believe he got in on this game.
-Role-less grouping, finally we can do what we want instead of people telling us what to do, you can go into a dungeon with all 5 dps and still be able to do it, still requiring some strategy and self healing of course :P
-The level scaling, its a lot fun when your grouping with low levels, no longer do you just round up a bunch of mobs and 1 hit kill them, it still feels like an even challenge.
-Just throwing it in here, the free subscription, been waiting for a dev to stand up and do that for years on such a high quality game like this, it could of easily had a sub and people would still buy it but they chose not to and thats why I love them so much.
-Norns, they finally made a viking like race instead of just copy and pasting dwarves from every other game, this time a taller race, the tallest in the game who go along with their snowy themed areas, my favorite playable race of all time in any game!
-Player homes, well home instances anyway, why do so many other games hold back on this, not to say it doesn’t exist, there are a few, but something I felt has been lacking in all the bigger mmo’s, finally done in this game, thank you very much!

The list goes on and on, I just can’t believe how many things ANet has done right for me instead of just making the generic clone, I love them for that, thank you guys so much for going the extra mile to create a different and better game.

Mightylink – Norn Necromancer
Mythiclink – Asura Engineer

Thank you!

Posted by: Smitt.8602

Smitt.8602

Thank you so much ANet! I have already had great experiences and moments of awe in GW2 and that is something I haven’t gotten from a MMO in a very long time. As time goes on and the more I play the better it seems to get. This very well could end up as my most loved mmo ever. I look forward to seeing it grow.

Have none.

Thank you!

Posted by: Taihaku.8412

Taihaku.8412

As always ANet thank you for the amazing game.

Thank you!

Posted by: SyllyReth.2495

SyllyReth.2495

There are some things that I’m not really loving, but those are tiny complaints and pale in comparison to the sheer awesomeness that is this game. I have been glued to my computer since release and am still not bored with it, even playing across 8 different characters. This is the MMO I’ve been waiting for.

Unbridled Dynasty [UND]

Thank you!

Posted by: Guerito.2139

Guerito.2139

Thank you from me too! I love the game. Dynamic events, instanced loot and revive experience are the best points for me, it’s rewarding to help others and this creates a great community.

Thank you!

Posted by: Rock.7324

Rock.7324

It’s a breath of fresh air tbh.

I’m having fun and am curious too see what ANet has in store for us in the future. With a few simple fixes this game can become HUGE (-er? :P).

* ’Ko leži ne beži! *
Rockbaby – Asura Guardian, Desolation EU :)
Rockavenger – Dwarf Paladin, Bronzebeard EU :D

Thank you!

Posted by: aedra.8361

aedra.8361

My boyfriend and I were exploring Caledorn forest and found a certain gate tucked away in the swamp with something behind it. We had no idea how to get past it until we did some random things out of curiosity, presuming nothing would happen, but then we were so surprised when it opened and explored within. It’s moments like that, that has made me love this game so much (combined with all the other refreshing changes) It never felt like any company has really listened to what players have been asking for so long until now. This is a really big step in the right direction for MMORPGs. So my thanks from just another average MMO player tired of the staleness of the genre and excited to be excited again. =)

(edited by aedra.8361)

Thank you!

Posted by: Xynth.9672

Xynth.9672

Yes, thank you Arenanet. This is literally the kind of MMO I have been dreaming about playing for the last 9 years, and that just so happens to be the same time I got into mmos, lol.

I can’t wait to see what this game will have to over now that you guys have the awesome and very solid foundation set up. I’m picturing big things!

Thank you!

Posted by: Ashlar.2519

Ashlar.2519

Just thought I would add another voice to the chorus singing ArenaNet’s praises. The game is fun, the world is beautiful, and the standards you have set for your community are a breath of fresh air. All your hard work over the preceeding years to put together this (our) little corner of paradise is very much appreciated.

Thank you!

Posted by: Mine Laces.7108

Mine Laces.7108

Thank you ArenaNet .
I can clearly see the passion you put in your game , and for me is the most important virtue to make a successful product .
Keep it up !

“Smashing doors at 5am … fun fun fun fun fun” Rebecca Black

Thank you!

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

Thank you! I love this game and it delivered exactly what I was hoping for, kudos to you for sticking to your design decisions and making a game that delivers something refreshing. Please don’t ever change

Gunnar’s Hold

Thank you!

Posted by: ReMix.4321

ReMix.4321

thank you anet !!!!! thank you all guys of anet for this awesome game can have bugs but its perfectly normal so idc i love gw2!!! and take a time to rest because you guys need it

RemixBreaker-GH
[MM]Midnight Mayhem

Thank you!

Posted by: Antediluvian.5169

Antediluvian.5169

Bugs and other minor problems are part of all games, and we’ll never hold any of them against you, Anet. And truly, so far, there have been no major issues and the launch was something to boast about. The detail of your world is unbelievable, the balancing of the classes, the nullification of the strict class roles such as ‘tank, DPS and healer’, the concept of exploration and discoveries.. Everything smells of fresh. And I shudder to think of the upcoming content that will be added through the course of years.

You have created a game that will stay around for many years, you have your community’s love and support in everything you do (something crucial in the survival of a company) and you have all the time in the world to work on more ideas and polish your creation even more.

Thank you, and keep up the good work. May you all experience limitless power, wealth and immortality!!!1

I can outrun a centaur.

Thank you!

Posted by: Astaldo.3081

Astaldo.3081

Indeed !

I haven’t played a lot but my first few sessions have pulled me in instead of turning me away like all those mmo’s since wow.

There is something really artistic and fulfilling about the whole experience. It’s like a little bit of the good from every other rpg’s I like + all the new stuff.

The word cooperation (sharing of nodes and enemies for example) is finally back in mmorpg. Such a simple concept and yet unused in most mmo’s. You nailed it perfectly.

I could go on and on about all the cool little things that I discovered in such a small amount of playtime but I’ll just add one more thing.

Thank you for that breath of fresh air.

Thank you!

Posted by: Diaspro.8529

Diaspro.8529

I want simply add my Thank you!
Keep working on this beautiful game ArenaNet!

Rig: Intel Core i5-2400 -8GB RAM -Nvidia GTX570
EU Servers

Thank you!

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

One of the best if not the best MMO ever created, definitely loving each second of GW2, even people i know that are not PC or MMO gamers are interested in the game. I

Thank you!

Posted by: Trent.3256

Trent.3256

Yes, thank you Anet for making such a fantastic game! I know gw2 is going to be my game of choice for at least the next few years. I am very impressed and satisfied with the game you delivered and am looking forward to future updates. Thanks!

Thank you!

Posted by: stemare.2578

stemare.2578

Thank you Arenanet for making the best PC game ever! (in my opinion obviously)
I just can’t see myself go back and play traditional MMOs.

Stemare ~ Guardian ~ lv80 ~ Far Shiverpeaks
Ci Assediamo Da Soli [SIGH] ~ Officier

Thank you!

Posted by: Oudo.5236

Oudo.5236

GW2 replaced Majora’s Mask as my favorite game. You’ve done good, Arenanet!

Thank you!

Posted by: Creslin.1758

Creslin.1758

I have a love/hate relationship with ANet right now.

I love them because they have given me one of the best games I have ever played.

I hate them because I can’t seem to stop playing it lol.

Magaera Enflanza (F Human D/D Ele)
[Envy], [Moon]

Thank you!

Posted by: Basen.8506

Basen.8506

Thanks, worth every penny,
Wish you had any job openings I’d relocate in a heart beat

Thank you!

Posted by: Turpenstein.8213

Turpenstein.8213

Thank you ArenaNet for making me excited about gaming again (consequentially – my wife is very upset with you).

Turpenstein
All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Thank you!

Posted by: Braclo.7380

Braclo.7380

Thank you for creating a game that is fun and exciting;
-A game that makes an explorers blood pumping;
-Tasks and events that is fun and exciting;
-The surprise when I listen to NPC’s talking and an event suddenly starts, throwing me in an adventure or massive battle;
-Going that extra mile by adding stuff like the small detail in animations that makes it perfect, making NPC’s feel alive, cities feeling actually like cities, spooky swamps make you miss the sun and so much more;
-For jumping puzzles that are fun and challenging;
-Combat that is very fun and rely more on you moving, dodging and being smart.
-Last but not least, thank you for working so hard after the launch to get everything as smooth as possible for everyone.

Thank you to everyone at ArenaNet and anyone else involved with this game for making Guild Wars 2 my favorite MMO!

Thank you!

Posted by: JadeZodiac.2196

JadeZodiac.2196

Jumping in as well to say a quick “Thank You”. This game is fantastic. My wife and I love it and we’re enjoying every minute of playing and exploring the massive world together with everything it has to offer.

Thank you!

Posted by: Palessan.2794

Palessan.2794

Thank you Arena Net.
Amazing job and business decisions that are not blizzard greedy
: )