That other MMORPG's expansion

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Does Anet want to compete or not? I never got in that other MMORPG but I am going to watch Twitch streamers play it – looks like fun.

And its PVE content.

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Dalanor.5387

Dalanor.5387

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

Does Anet want to compete or not? I never got in that other MMORPG but I am going to watch Twitch streamers play it – looks like fun.

And its PVE content.

I’m not in it for the PvE, really. It will be fun, but I’m in it for the PvP.

Posted by: cheshirefox.7026

cheshirefox.7026

the only thing arena net is competing with is free to play mmo’s
it’s not a matter of want

i can outswim a centaur!
when i’m done on an issue
i start talking in nerglish

Posted by: Khal Drogo.9631

Khal Drogo.9631

Apologies to those who may find my posts on GW2 forums offensive and hateful.

Posted by: Lunar Sunset.8742

Lunar Sunset.8742

Sunset
50/50 GWAMM x3
I quit how I want

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Their core game doesn’t appeal to me anymore, specially not when they’re charging so much.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Will it drain players? Sure.
Does ANet offer enough new stuff to compete with a whole expansion? No.

I don’t care though – I do not feel like I have any emotional bounds to either of the games anymore.

Posted by: KOPPER.1458

KOPPER.1458

players get tired soon enough, it’s not like this is a new thing.

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

As others have said in the past, I’m not entirely sure gw2 and WoW share the same type of player. Meaning they aren’t really in competition to gain the same players. It seems to me that most gw2 players don’t like wow and most WoW players don’t like gw2.
I don’t think gw2 will see a significant drop when wows expansion releases.

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Are we talking about those expansions that drag and hold players for a month or two?
Because all those expansion here and there are like that.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: Steeldragon.7308

Steeldragon.7308

Honestly for me, I was somewhat excited to hear about that other MMO’s expansion and was wanting to purchase the deluxe version and all that jazz but after getting into GW2 more I’m not that interested in it anymore… or even going back to it for that matter. Well, maybe once in awhile. Who knows.

Kaiyanwan.8521

Are we talking about those expansions that drag and hold players for a month or two?

Meanwhile the other game is making a fortune by simply selling that expansion and collecting the money for those one to two monthes of subsrciptions.

I like their business plan.

Posted by: Gimp.9460

Gimp.9460

Garrisons! Endgame! Pvp! Oh my

Edit:

Another call on ANets crap. Look at how barren GW2 is after over 2 years, then look at WoW xpac. Compare the content that took Blizz 2 years to develop we are getting in WoD and the content that GW2 currently has (90% was temporary). Tons of new zones, new pvp area’s, new mounts, pets, titles, raids, garrisons, spells, etc etc so much for expansions worth of content ANet… 2 tiny zones does not = an xpac fyi and I’ve never seen a temporary expansion before.

Particle effect slider would be ‘too confusing’

(edited by Gimp.9460)

Posted by: Tao.5096

Tao.5096

Doesn’t matter.

You have to realize that NCSoft has the money and they’re limiting Anet with resources. Look at Aion. They already announced 4.8 update with whole new content, maps, skills, gear, weapons, instances etc.

GW2 is bringing a really huge profit and yet so far I can only see that NCSoft is crippling Anet regarding further development of Gw2, and load everything into Aion.
Somehow it’s like the same policy with Blizzard and their WoW.
Latest cancelation of “Titan” project may ring a bell.

Did I ever tell you, the definition, of Insanity?

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

How can they even compete with something like that.

Gimp.9460

Doesn’t matter.

You have to realize that NCSoft has the money and they’re limiting Anet with resources. Look at Aion. They already announced 4.8 update with whole new content, maps, skills, gear, weapons, instances etc.

GW2 is bringing a really huge profit and yet so far I can only see that NCSoft is crippling Anet regarding further development of Gw2, and load everything into Aion.
Somehow it’s like the same policy with Blizzard and their WoW.
Latest cancelation of “Titan” project may ring a bell.

Blizz is not restricted by anything, they do what they want. They have openly stated that they have full control over their game. Titan did not fit their vision and some of the design went into the newly announced Overwatch.

They are lucky enough to have the money to cancel a project if they are not satisfied with it.. honestly this is 1 of maybe 3 or 4 times Blizz has cancelled a project like that. Remember Starcraft:Ghosts?

I don’t get it, ANet had so much freedom in GW1 but all of the sudden NCSoft doesn’t let them do anything?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Until WoW is free to play, a lot of people won’t play it, period. But that aside, do you realize how many people simply don’t like WoW.

If WoW was free to play and the expansion was free, a lot of people would have no interest in it, BECAUSE it’s WOW. There are entire websites devoted to the hatred of WoW.

Guild Wars 2 will compete by not being WoW. That’s how they compete. They don’t need millions and millions of players. They’re not trying to compete with WoW.

Anet is playing it’s own game and Guild Wars 2 has been successful in it’s own right. Keep in mind MoP came out just after Guild Wars 2.

And you know, a small percentage of the playerbase might well go play the WoW expansion for a couple of months, just like some people left to play ESO or Wildstar.

But many of them came back.

How can Anet compete? By playing their own game…and not being baited into WoW’s game.

Vayne.8563

Until WoW is free to play, a lot of people won’t play it, period. But that aside, do you realize how many people simply don’t like WoW..

You say this all the time but it has no relevance to the discussion. We are comparing content here, your blind hate towards WoW and its subscription model is not needed Mr. ANet #1 fanboy

If we compare players then WoW has about 10x what GW2 has, don’t even try telling me 3mill still play GW2. Blizz has the numbers to back their game, the proof is in the pudding! The xpac is only going to expand that number.

I say this all the time because it’s true. A lot of people hate WoW. The are probably more people who have left WOW never to look back than are currently playing. But even in the beginning a lot of people simply didn’t like it.

So you’ve got two things. Some people won’t play a sub game period and some people don’t like that style of game. It’s completely 100% irrelevant that some do.

I mean a whole lot of people watch Big Brother, but that’s not going to stop other shows from doing business. A whole lot of people eat at McDonalds, but there are plenty of steak houses still doing business.

You seem to think I’m saying Guild Wars 2 will be as popular as WoW, which I’ve never said. I’m saying there are ENOUGH people that don’t like WoW who simply won’t play it, no matter what….enough people who like Guild Wars 2.

That’s my opinion.

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Sure there will be a drop.

But, being perfectly honest, the only playerbase which may leave for longer period is PvP playerbase. PvE one will dig through the majority of content in 3 months. Then there will be 2-3 months of PvE stagnation in WoW when players will return to their previous games untill the new content patch hits. It’s been like it for a loong time.

So don’t worry about PvE. Worry about even smaller PvP community.

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Posted by: aerial.7021

aerial.7021

I despise WoW on so many levels in particular graphically it looks like a 5 year old got lose with some crayola crayons, I’ve played the “free” version and its still horrible (even with dev commands), I can not imagine grinding that long.

I would be proud of ArenaNET to go on its own with out NCSoft, I’ve always felt for right or wrong that NCSoft has been a ten ton weight around ArenaNET’s collective necks dragging it down, maybe they are a ‘necessary evil’ blizzard has the benefit of having many successful releases before WoW, and Guild Wars 1/2 is ArenaNet’s only title(s) so maybe there isn’t that scope of flexibility, this is the poison apple so to speak even if ArenaNet did cut ties and go it alone they might not be able to take Guild Wars with them.

Server: Gate of Madness

Gimp.9460

That’s my opinion.

100% irrelevant, I don’t see your point considering the discussion at hand about WoW expansion vs GW2 content

But we all know ANet cannot reveal any information because they have the worst system in the world “lol kitten kitten we can’t talk about it, cannot reveal our future plans sorry”

Most useless PR ever, it is so bad that they had to draw out a tiny feature patch, something that in other MMOs is just called a regular patch, over 2 whole weeks or w/e it was.

I honestly laughed. That is hilarious. Who the hell hypes over a regular patch for 2 weeks… oh right, ANet

(edited by Gimp.9460)

Vayne.8563

That’s my opinion.

100% irrelevant, I don’t see your point considering the discussion at hand about how much WoW owns GW2 in content.

I think you should stop correcting people for no reason except that you disagree with what they have to say. This is a line from the OP.

“Does Anet want to compete or not?”

My post was DIRECTLY on topic with that. I said exactly how Anet is going to compete. you may not agree, and you may not like what I have to say, but it’s for more no topic than you telling me I’m off topic.

Gimp.9460

That’s my opinion.

100% irrelevant, I don’t see your point considering the discussion at hand about how much WoW owns GW2 in content.

I think you should stop correcting people for no reason except that you disagree with what they have to say. This is a line from the OP.

My post was DIRECTLY on topic with that. I said exactly how Anet is going to compete. you may not agree, and you may not like what I have to say, but it’s for more no topic than you telling me I’m off topic.

Maybe you should have quoted the correct person, the question was “how can they compete with that”.

You then go on to say irrelevant things like people hate WoW and the subscription and how ANet is going to compete by doing absolutely nothing (lmao what?)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Do mobs drop loot in this other MMO? It’d be nice to have that for a change.

Gimp.9460

They do! And you do not have to merchant or salvage a bunch of garbage 24/7!

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I like both but:

WoW have that feeling of a real fantasy mmorpg,story, content everything is perfect. But after 5 years of playing it i bot burned out by it. Plus their new skill tree is what is killing them. It have good pvp, arenas, dungeons, raids…Classes are best out there inovative and different. Mounts are also good thing so if you are bored you can just farm mounts from events or dungeons.

What gw2 lacks, well that fantasy mmorpg feeling that i had with wow. Maybe ground mounts (they made magic carpet so why not some mounts?) which can be obtained like legendary. Or in some dungeons and world bosses.
Housing…that would be good, you can farm now items from world dungeons and everything.
More armors, armor skins, more clothing.
New weapon skills. New weapons.
New class – shapeshifter or something, summoner,
New big areas (map of world of guild wars is huuuuge, we now have 10% map of the whole world)
Sea battles in new expansion (big ships fighting with some dragons or monsters on the sea – something like arah story) .
New world bosses in some areas.
Minis fighting arenas – for new skins or something.

those ideas are from some other mmorpg’s. But its not stealing ideas its just evolving, wow stole lots of content from other games and became what it is now – best mmorpg out there but with outdated graphics.

GW2 must evolve and take ideas from other mmos to be perfect.

Vayne.8563

That’s my opinion.

Maybe you should have quoted the correct person, the question was “how can they compete with that”.

You then go on to say irrelevant things like people hate WoW and the subscription and how ANet is going to compete by doing absolutely nothing (lmao what?)

It’s how they can compete. They’re competing BY being something that a lot of people don’t like. I’m not even sure what you’re talking about anymore.

Edit: Anyway the person I quoted said this: How can they even compete with something like that.

It’s directly answering the question. Give it up and admit it. You lost the argument. You’re so quick to jump on what I say, you can’t even admit I’m on topic when clearly I am.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

Posted by: CureForLiving.5360

CureForLiving.5360

They do! And you do not have to merchant or salvage a bunch of garbage 24/7!

I think there’s a misconception, or perhaps a precision of language that’s lacking. GW2 does drop loot, lot of loot. It’s simply a matter of useful loot. Given the lack of gear treadmill, once you’ve hit the ceiling there’s really little useful loot left.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

OP do you realise at least one of these topics comes up every single time another well known MMO brings out an expansion or a new game is released? The same topics probably come up on every other MMOs forums too.

Before this it was ArchAge, before that Elderscrolls online and Wildstar, before them Neverwinter Online…all the way back to the last WoW expansion which came out shortly after GW2.

And if you’re thinking most/all those games are terrible and obviously never stood a chance against GW2 or WoW or any other existing MMO remember that’s after they were released. Before release every MMO seems to be the thing that’s going to take the genre by storm, steal most players from all the other games and totally change how everything is done. After release it, at best, becomes just another MMO that some people like and some don’t. At worst it’s obviously a complete disaster that was never going to succeed and the developers were stupid to even think it had a chance.

Anet doesn’t have to do anything special to counter a new WoW expansion. As Vayne said they’ve already got their niche with people (like me) who won’t play a subscription game and don’t like that “free” to play games are often so loaded with microtransactions that it’s virtually impossible to play without spending more than if you’d bought the game in the first place.

They also seem to have drawn in a significant number of people who had never played any MMO before. (Which means you could argue they should be equally/more worried about the new Dragon Age game.)

There will be some people who will leave GW2 to play WoW. But not enough that it will truly hurt this game, and just like when the last expansion came out and every time something has been released in between some will come back. Or go to a new game and come back later.

I suspect the only games that truly suffer from this type of competition are the ones where the developers believe they’re making a “WoW killer” and build their business plan around it – where they count on drawing in millions of players and then keeping them all playing indefinitely and don’t allow for the population to fluctuate.

Anet don’t seem to have done that, because other games releases don’t affect their release schedule. And the upside to having NCSoft behind them is it means they’re not 100% reliant on the profits of GW1 and GW2 to keep the company going. Sure long-term they have to make more than they receive from NCSoft, but in the short term if they do worse than expected for a month or so, or they want more money to, for example, hire more staff and build an expansion (they have been hiring more staff recently and many people believe this is why) they can approach them for it.

Just like they did when GW2 was being made. Unless you really believe they not only ran the company for 5 years but expanded it in that time entirely on the remaining profits from selling copies of a (then) 2 year old game and a handful of microtransactions.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

At this point, the only way for them to compete with this is to announce an expansion of their own. Not right now, obviously, maybe ~2-4 months from now or so, whatever. Do they want to? They used to, couple of years ago. Since then it turned out not exactly the way many of us, and i believe many of them, wanted it to. And even if they do announce, it’s prolly not gonna be about competing with that game anymore, if it ever was, it’s gonna be just for the sake of evolving and surviving. If they ever had a chance to compete, it’s already successfully blown.

(edited by wasted.6817)

Posted by: Paradox.1380

Paradox.1380

Until WoW is free to play, a lot of people won’t play it, period. But that aside, do you realize how many people simply don’t like WoW..

You say this all the time but it has no relevance to the discussion. We are comparing content here, your blind hate towards WoW and its subscription model is not needed Mr. ANet #1 fanboy

WoW has 10x more players than GW2, I’m guess if ANet is lucky then MAYBE 1mill still plays this actively and half that might spend money on the lolgemshop. And that is being generous…

The xpac is going to bump WoW subs by about 3 mill, it already did get them back up to almost 8mill just from pre orders so around 10mill is what you’re looking at. 10x the players because it has 10x the content.

How can you compare Content from a 10 year old game to a 2 year old game? Not only that… tehy have entirely different models ways they ship content, etc. Also their content is super different and targetted toward different types of people.

also.. paywalls are not fun

-It’s Lady Paradox- Sweet Adrenaline
“What Part Of Living Says You Gotta Die?
I Plan On Burnin Through Another 9 Lives”

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

I say go play it. You’re wasting your time here, unless you’re a brand new player. I’m not saying that to be mean, but if yer lookin for any kind of change or reaction here, just stop, because they don’t care. If you have a level 80, then you’re just not in their target demographic. They’ve proven that.

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Vayne.8563

I say go play it. You’re wasting your time here, unless you’re a brand new player. I’m not saying that to be mean, but if yer lookin for any kind of change or reaction here, just stop, because they don’t care. If you have a level 80, then you’re just not in their target demographic. They’ve proven that.

Because we didn’t just get another level 80 zone, with a new living story that people seem quite pleased with….oh wait…

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Kaiyanwan.8521

Because we didn’t just get another level 80 zone, with a new living story that people seem quite pleased with….oh wait…

Calling this shoe boxes zones is all nice and fancy, but he got a point and I think you know that too. Most effort seems to be put into the experience of new players, while challenging content for high level players is hard to find.

In fact, I think long time players that have been sticking around this long are just happy about any new bits of content the game has to offer. Like some plant in a dessert being happy about the few little drops of rain every now and then.

The other game offers a ton of content in a single blow (expansion), which is the way that I personally prefer it. It doesn’t feel artificially streched, discontinued and seperated, it feels like being in a world, immersive, with freedom to do stuff when I want. The story is not time gated, the quests are not time gated, the world is not time gated.

This is the biggest flaw with GW2 and the LS, it breaks immersion non-stop.

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

More like drag and hold players for a year or more (at least, the ones interested in PVE). That other game’s expansions are really full of content and very well executed, even if I quit playing because I got tired of playing two hours a day everyday, doing the same sort of thing, and with no players to do other stuff in my long-dying low population server.

Anyway, I don’t like the direction that game has taken with expansions. The story is going nowhere and, now there will be no Titan to substitute WoW, it will keep roaming pointlessly as long as they think the game is still viable (ten more years, at least?).

Posted by: Aenesthesia.1697

Aenesthesia.1697

At this point, the only way for them to compete with this is to announce an expansion of their own.

Who wants to compete with that game? It’s the undisputed king of subscription based MMos, and probably the undisputed king in profit making. It’s also a game with a really massive audience, unlike GW2, which is a more humble game.

Each one has it target audience, and I don’t think GW2 will suffer too much because of WOW’s expansion.

Besides, the expansion’s story really sucks. I played wow for years and the story stopped being interesting after WOTLK.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I will never understand why so many people play this crappy game. I never managed
to play it for longer than 3-4 hours.
Beside the ugly graphics .. just take a look at the map .. that thing is the worst map
i’ve ever seen in any MMO. You stand at the point the map shows you but in reality
you are 200 meters away from it.

And what does such an expansion bring in the end ? Higher numbers. Else its like
destroying all your items, and regrind them new.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Kaiyanwan.8521

And what does such an expansion bring in the end ? Higher numbers. Else its like

People would call this change, and many of them prefert that over stagnation.

While I do not play the other game, I clearly prefer change over stagnation. Sometimes a carrot on a stick is better than starving to death without anything there to hunt.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

While I do not play the other game, I clearly prefer change over stagnation. Sometimes a carrot on a stick is better than starving to death without anything there to hunt.

Personally I prefer new content that you do for the sake of playing it, rather than because you have to in order to get the new gear that replaces what you already had.

One of my favourite things about GW2, and the thing that sets it apart from a lot of other MMOs, is that once you get to level 80 you can get a full set of exotics fairly easily and then you don’t have to worry about gear any more.

It was really nice to reach that point and realise I didn’t have to worry about playing in a zone that would give me good XP but wasn’t above my level, I didn’t have to focus on working towards my next set of gear. I could just do whatever I wanted.

My hope is that even if GW2 does get an expansion at some point (which seems likely to me) it will be like GW1 which never added new levels or equipment tiers, just new skins and new ways to get them.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

It will be no different than the last expansion that came out. Everyone that used to play it will be all pumped and will go and play it. 1-2 weeks later when they all hit level/gear cap they will get bored and come back to GW2.

It’s really nothing new. That’s the cycle of that game now. Release expansion, everyone that had quit since the last expansion throws their money at the expansion to play it, then they all get bored in a couple of weeks, the numbers die down again, and then everyone waits for the next expansion. And in that meantime play GW2.

Blizzard really has their player base figured out and how to squeeze money out of them.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: wasted.6817

wasted.6817

At this point, the only way for them to compete with this is to announce an expansion of their own.

Who wants to compete with that game? It’s the undisputed king of subscription based MMos, and probably the undisputed king in profit making. It’s also a game with a really massive audience, unlike GW2, which is a more humble game.

Each one has it target audience, and I don’t think GW2 will suffer too much because of WOW’s expansion.

Besides, the expansion’s story really sucks. I played wow for years and the story stopped being interesting after WOTLK.

Now maybe no one, not because they don’t want exactly, rather because they simply can’t. But as i said, it used to be different on release. As of humble, in terms of sales GW2 started out great, it also very likely to be one of the most hyped games (MMOs) at start, if not the most, the problem was it couldn’t keep it’s players.

As for target audience, personally i think it’s mostly pile of crap used to cultivate a myth that nothing (not another MMO release, not WoW expansion) can hurt GW2 playerbase, because, you know, target audience. I don’t believe GW2 to have one set in stone target audience, or WoW, there are all kinds of players, most veterans are tired of GW2, lots of people looking for options. Personally i think WoW expansion already did hurt GW2 population. Some of the people who left will come back though, at some point.

Posted by: Thaddeus.4891

Thaddeus.4891

This is just two different kind of game. Sure they are both MMO, but don’t think they attract the same kind of player. I played 2 weeks of WoW and couldn’t go any further. I hated this system of game. Waiting for a tank, having 30-40 skills in my bars, grinding level and gear over and over, etc. I just can’t.

They are both good game, just different. Whatever these standard MMO does, i won’t play them. But with GW2, there is just something about it. Each time I stop playing because they don’t give us much new content, I always came back and get hooked again in the game.

Thaddeauz [xQCx]- QC GUILD

Beldin.5498

The thing for me is .. a new skin is something i can use even in 10 year, while new
weapons / armor with higher stats will only be good as long as we don’t get the
next tier of raids or next expansion with a new max level. Then you can simply
destroy it.
In the end its more or less like the ladder resets in Diablo 2 where you just started
new characters from scratch and had to regrind everything you had before again.

Funny is also that people so often talk as if asian games were only about grinding
while Diablo in the end was the grandfather of all grinders.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Gimp.9460

It’s directly answering the question. Give it up and admit it. You lost the argument. You’re so quick to jump on what I say, you can’t even admit I’m on topic when clearly I am.

Lol stop acting like a child, it isn’t about ‘winning’ an argument.

I love GW2 except for its heavy lack of content, it is a big problem for me and many others. WvW, Spvp, even Pve has been largely ignored for a very long time.

LS updates are hour long stories with a grind attached to them, forget about gem shop… well they even got that part wrong, there is hardly anything cool to buy in there.

In comparison to Rifts gem shop it blows GW2’s out of the water and their economy is much better too. (offtopic I guess)

Also some misinformation about WoW and its gear.. pretty much every MMO I know of has a wardrobe system now, and you can transmog any gear you get to look how you want so it’s not just throw away and forget.

In the expansion gear is even easier to manage how it changes stats when you swap roles, just like Rift.

As far as graphics go, yea it’s totally depends on your taste but WoD looks absolutely gorgeous, go look at some screenshots. MoP looked amazing too, it gets better every expansion and we just got entirely new models.

GW2 is becoming more and more the grindiest MMO on the market IMO with the least content. Even Rift (F2P completely) has just released an expansion!!!

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Beldin.5498

So if i ever want to play RIFT again i have now level from 50 to 70 ? And then realize
again that all the good stuff is only gated behind dungeons / raids and all the open
world content just gives crap rewards at max level ?

I patched that game meanwhile 4-5 times .. and just logged in sorted the crap in my
mailbox .. and logged out again since i simply don’t feel like doing that again.

Gimp.9460

So if i ever want to play RIFT again i have now level from 50 to 70 ? And then realize
again that all the good stuff is only gated behind dungeons / raids and all the open

Rewards in Rift are pretty streamlined now, you get the same reward (currency) to buy whatever you want in pvp, open world, raids, dungeons, etc.

Posted by: laokoko.7403

laokoko.7403

I patched that game meanwhile 4-5 times .. and just logged in sorted the crap in my
mailbox .. and logged out again since i simply don’t feel like doing that again.

If you want to keep doing the lvl50 content for the next 10 year. You can skip buying the expansion.

I know what’s your problem with. You don’t like dungeon and raids, that’s why you complain. Some of us actually like dungeon and raids. And is bothered by playing the same dungeon/raids for 10 years with no expansion.

No, I didn’t play diablo 2 for 10 years. I play it for a few month, and the expnasion for a few month. If they keep giving us new expansion every few month I might keep playing it.

And no, I dont’ play mmorpg to look pretty or wearing super gear to be admired. I mostly play it for challenging pve content. For example fractal is the thing I enjoy the most in GW2.