The 2 Copy Movement

The 2 Copy Movement

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FenrirSlakt.3692

FenrirSlakt.3692

You forgot the side that doesn’t care that new players are getting the game for free but feel that HoT is too little content to warrant a 50$ price tag and that the only reason it has a 50$ price tag is because they bundled the value of the core game into the price of the expansion. All these people want is good value for their money but so far they aren’t seeing it. Entitlement has nothing to do with it.

I’m with this guy. While I do most definitely want to support ANET, I haven’t seen enough to warrant that price.

(edited by FenrirSlakt.3692)

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

We have heard, and loudly and mostly in all caps, the voices of the entitled generation, the folks who believe… actually, I dono what they believe.

Now, here is the voice of the other side, the side that feels that Anet has set a fair price. The side the believes it is not just a novel idea, but ground breaking to release an expansion with the base game (They were not first. Distant Worlds did it as well… but certainly in the MMO side I think). The side that do not feel they are being robbed because someone else is getting something they did not get (Not even sure how you logic that out). The side that supports the game and acknowledged that Anet employees do not work for charity (Gasp!).

The side that will… Buy 2 copies of HoT!

Yes, I will do that, and I will gift one copy to a friend, and bring someone into the game I would not be embarrassed to see talking in map-chat.

Cheers Anet. See you in HoT!

You forgot the side that doesn’t care that new players are getting the game for free but feel that HoT is too little content to warrant a 50$ price tag and that the only reason it has a 50$ price tag is because they bundled the value of the core game into the price of the expansion. All these people want is good value for their money but so far they aren’t seeing it. Entitlement has nothing to do with it.

Count me here. $50 is way too high for what they’ve shown us is in HoT.

This means that they’ve either not shown us a ton of content or they’ve greatly overpriced the content.

Server: Devona’s Rest

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

No one says when you buy your upgrade you have to throw an account away.... Just make a new one and then ,oh your god, you get a new account with an expansion like the people who are apparently getting a leg up on you from never having played.

If you choose to combine your account then do so, other wise wait for an expansion only upgrade after the marketing train has maximized its profits. There is always the option of not playing the expansion, which could greatly get the entitled people out of community. (Please if your raging all over the forums, do this.)

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: MMOGamer.6175

MMOGamer.6175

We have heard, and loudly and mostly in all caps, the voices of the entitled generation, the folks who believe… actually, I dono what they believe.

Now, here is the voice of the other side, the side that feels that Anet has set a fair price. The side the believes it is not just a novel idea, but ground breaking to release an expansion with the base game (They were not first. Distant Worlds did it as well… but certainly in the MMO side I think). The side that do not feel they are being robbed because someone else is getting something they did not get (Not even sure how you logic that out). The side that supports the game and acknowledged that Anet employees do not work for charity (Gasp!).

The side that will… Buy 2 copies of HoT!

Yes, I will do that, and I will gift one copy to a friend, and bring someone into the game I would not be embarrassed to see talking in map-chat.

Cheers Anet. See you in HoT!

Grats? I ran 5 copies of GW1 with all expansions.

Glad ArenaNet isn’t a car dealership.
You would have to rebuy your old car packaged with your new car.

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

Did Joe Schmoe get the past 2 years of free gametime and all the memories you may have gotten? This isn’t an Apples to Apples comparison. Joe Schmoe missed out on Season 1 and has to pay for Season 2.

But we paid for the past 2 years and are upset that Joe Schmoe will now get for free. He can still play the 2 years out.

We supported Anet with hundreds of dollars in Gems that Joe Schmoe did not.

Anet could have tosses us a bone with a $10 price break and a character slot saying “Thanks for the support guys” but they didn’t. they treat us like new players.

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

What if I bought the game 2 weeks ago for $40 and now I gotta buy it again for $50 if I want the expansion?! Think I got a bunch of memories that totally justify that?

This expansion is 2 new zones and a new profession, WHY is that costing more than the game that I JUST bought?

Does nobody else see the problem with this?

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

I think this is a great initiative! If anyone needs a friend to give HoT to, I’m the man! This is my way to contribute to this project like all of you!

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Angelica Dream.7103

Angelica Dream.7103

@Weylin, Yeah Anet really dropped the ball on that. They suggested to buy last month so that you can upgrade later. REALLY bad move on their part.

Also Anet said they will refund you purchase to buy the now HOT but you lose you progress. Even worst move.

Just bad planning

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

@Weylin, Yeah Anet really dropped the ball on that. They suggested to buy last month so that you can upgrade later. REALLY bad move on their part.

Also Anet said they will refund you purchase to buy the now HOT but you lose you progress. Even worst move.

Just bad planning

Just like anything else Anet does. They might have great ideas and intentions but the execution of those ideas usually turn into a great big kittenshow.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Julie Yann.5379

Julie Yann.5379

Just bad planning

Just like anything else Anet does. They might have great ideas and intentions but the execution of those ideas usually turn into a great big kittenshow.

Be careful what you wish for, Anet might just give it to you “HoT”
“…let us eat and drink, for tomorrow we shall die;.”

The 2 Copy Movement

Posted by: Weylin.6478

Weylin.6478

Losing my progress would mean losing 2 level 80s, and 4 character slot upgrades, so no, it wouldn’t be worth it at all…

If I had caught this game on one of those $10 sales and not been impatient about getting the game to join my friends who urged me to get it, I wouldn’t have minded. Oh and to make things worse those friends have since moved onto other games. ^@#& sucks.