The CDI is coming back! Topics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Hi All,

The CDI is starting up again. How would you like the topic/s to be chosen for this round.

Here are you options for now:

1: Anet chooses.
2: You list your number 1 topic and the one with the must number of votes wins.

Note: This isn’t a call for topics just asking how to pick them(-:

Chris

Posted by: Telemin.7380

Telemin.7380

You pick them, I believe if you do that, there will be a greater chance at results being shown.

Teh Ouchies

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I vote for the Devs to choose the topic, because the Devs have more insight (even if they can not share it with us) about what is happening in development. =)

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

ANet chooses, because then that will give the player base some idea of what’s important to the company.
Then they’ll have some feeling that CDIs are going in a direction.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Damar.5982

Damar.5982

It makes more sense for me to choose option 1.

That way the devs can link to something being considered/developed and we the community hopefully can provide the most relevant feedback/thoughts to help with the process.

Am very pleased that CDIs are coming back even though I didn’t really contribute before – I enjoyed trying to read them (when I could keep up)

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

Yeah, ANet chooses, it will give us an idea what is feasible and probably will be something faster to implement.

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

1) balance patch (in)frequency/iteration.

HM) class skill/trait bug-fixing (in)frequency….also known as “State of the Mesmer”

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Number 1 sounds like a good option.

I would pick 2 though if everyone backed my decision for what should be implemented :P

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Zardul.3952

Zardul.3952

we choose, spvp new modes

like Deathmatch, Capture the flag, Castle defence for SPVP

Main: lvl 80 Ranger ,
Alt: lvl 80 Mesmer

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

balance patch (in)frequency.
class skill/trait bug-fixing (in)frequency….also known as “State of the Mesmer”

Hi All,

Chris

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Anet chooses is my vote.

The Burninator

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I’d pick 1 and also add, use a better medium than these forums

Edit: Although i’d REALLY like to address the trouble with server communities post megaserver roll out. But that one is such a hot button topic.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Why not both? Anet can announce what topics they choose and then have a poll for a player tangent or two, hopefully voted for because it may tie into the subject(s) the devs chose.

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

3. Anet should choose and then not tell us what the topic is. Because policy. :-D

Seriously, though, what are we going to talk about if we can’t really talk about anything that really matters?

The table is a fable.

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

WOW I love that everyone is taking a selfless approach to this topic! ANET picks them like many of my fellow players said that way we have better insight into what the development team and ANET is thinking about changing/upgrading. We have a more clear way of approaching new game suggestions and thing can be done a bit quicker!

Necromancer Main

Relshdan.6854

balance patch (in)frequency.
class skill/trait bug-fixing (in)frequency….also known as “State of the Mesmer”

Hi All,

Chris

understood….but breaking this into 2 threads that will thus take 1-2 months to finally decide a topic, is silly. its obvious i voted option2.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Anet should choose the topic. To me that has the best chance of a topic that Anet has some room to move on.

Posted by: HHR LostProphet.4801

HHR LostProphet.4801

1. ANet chooses

You probably know better than anybode else where you can improve, so that should be covered first.

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

I initially lean toward #2 so we can “tell you what we want”. But really ..by now shouldn’t you already have a good idea of that? I mean just look at the topics that keep on coming up. Anyone who spends any amount of time here should be able to name at least a few of them right away. So #2 would just be messy and redundant I guess.

Gotta be #1
And here’s what I assume that means.
ANET reviews the topics they already have seen us posting about constantly and they compile a list of those things they can actually see themselves working on (so hopefully it’s more likely to happen).

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Michael Walker.8150

Michael Walker.8150

Option 1

An Error Prevented Saving:

Message Body length must at least be 15.

Posted by: Jamal Hakim.8035

Jamal Hakim.8035

I think the second option would be too devisive. It would be better for ANet to choose a topic where our input might have a more visible outcome in hopefully the not-too-far future.

Edit: Someone suggested that ANet first makes a list of topics they are ready to have a meaningful discussion about and then the community votes on one of those topics. I’ll go with this option preferably.

(edited by Jamal Hakim.8035)

Posted by: ipan.4356

ipan.4356

Obviously, they should be doing a bit of both.

Some of the topics should be player chosen, to reflect community concern.

And others (especially things we have no knowledge of) should be chosen by Anet, to help guide the community in discussion.

Take the best of both and merge them into one beautiful thing.

Shouldn’t be a binary decision.

I vote for 1 AND 2.

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

1. Anet choose…

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

If ANet selects, they’ll have to be prepared to weather a storm of criticism from the people who think they’re already out of touch with the community.

If you leave it up to a Forum “vote” here, then you will only be getting the opinion of the forum-goers. (Not to mention you will have to MANUALLY tally up the results, and many people will chime in multiple times. No control.)

As I suggested in the other thread:

During the Beta testing, we were given little in-game questionnaires to help you guys decide what people liked, and disliked, and what needed work. That seems like a good way to reach a nice, sizable spectrum of gamers. Do you think your little questionnaire program could be adapted to quiz the community on their desires?

You can control that each account gets to vote only ONE time. Offer a checklist of “hot topics” we’d like to see addressed. Your computers can quickly tally up what topics are the most important to the community as a whole, not just the forum-goers.

Easier. Faster. More representative.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: Kartel.2561

Kartel.2561

Not to derail the thread. Nobody needs to reply. But this reminds me, couldn’t the forums have a proper POLL option added? Sure would be useful for times like these.

Guild: Everlasting Sacred Path [ESP]
Server: Tarnished Coast

Relshdan.6854

If ANet selects, they’ll have to be prepared to weather a storm of criticism from the people who think they’re already out of touch with the community.

If you leave it up to a Forum “vote” here, then you will only be getting the opinion of the forum-goers. (Not to mention you will have to MANUALLY tally up the results, and many people will chime in multiple times. No control.)

During the Beta testing, we were given little in-game questionnaires to help you guys decide what people liked, and disliked, and what needed work. That seems like a good way to reach a nice, sizable spectrum of gamers. Do you think your little questionnaire program could be adapted to quiz the community on their desires?

You can control that each account gets to vote only ONE time. Offer a checklist of “hot topics” we’d like to see addressed. Your computers can quickly tally up what topics are the most important to the community as a whole, not just the forum-goers.

love this suggestion.

MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Sykper.6583

Sykper.6583

love this suggestion.

I cannot like this suggestion more than now, hits both parties interests imo.

Suicidal Warrior.
Putting Perspective on Zerg Sizes since 2012. Common Suffixes for 40+ include ~Zilla and ~Train
“Seriously, just dodge.”

Posted by: Khenzy.9348

Khenzy.9348

Easily. Finally some decisions, as small as they might be, are on us. WE raise the concerns, WE get to choose them (through voting).

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

Why are so many people saying Anet chooses? This is your chance to let Anet know what you want so do it.

1. Anet chooses

jk

1. Permanent Content

More needs to be discussed about this. The second season has definitely brought us “permanent” content, yet the type is not necessarily diverse enough to satisfy the playerbase.

Example: People liked dungeons that were added during the first living story. They hated that they were temporary.

The problem I see with the current permanent content Anet is aiming to add is they don’t replace the other avenues of content this game has to offer (dungeons/fractals/guild missions/open world bosses). They have very little replayability to them. They are great to do once and to experience the story through and thats about it.

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

love this suggestion.

It also lets everyone feel more involved. Part of a community again; something that has been on the wane since the MegaServer was established.

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

Posted by: wwwes.1398

wwwes.1398

I love the survey idea, but I don’t know if it would be feasible to implement right away. I say Anet chooses for the first one, and then hopefully can get a survey in the game later on if that’s feasible, I’d just as soon start with something they’re planning on addressing anyway.

Even if the topic is something that we’re not as crazy about, I’d rather provide input on something they’re working on than something they’ll work on down the road.

Posted by: Madjura.2439

Madjura.2439

1: Anet chooses
This is gonna be more productive if you guys choose a topic that you actually can talk / have interesting things to say about

Posted by: Essence Snow.3194

Essence Snow.3194

I wouldn’t mind having Anet choose IF they are choosing from topics that are major concerns of the players. I would be very disappointed if they choose and something like LS season 2 or sPvP tournies gets picked.

That said maybe if the players voted on a list for ya’ll to choose from. There are pretty well documented topics to which players hope to be addressed.

Serenity now~Insanity later

Posted by: Jamal Hakim.8035

Jamal Hakim.8035

Why are so many people saying Anet chooses? This is your chance to let Anet know what you want so do it.

1. Anet chooses

jk

1. Permanent Content

More needs to be discussed about this. The second season has definitely brought us “permanent” content, yet the type is not necessarily diverse enough to satisfy the playerbase.

Because the community might choose some topic that ANet isn’t really prioritizing at the moment and so anything we would say wouldn’t be as impactful. By letting them choose the topic we’re assured that we’re working towards something tangible.

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

ANet chooses, because then that will give the player base some idea of what’s important to the company.
Then they’ll have some feeling that CDIs are going in a direction.

This. But don’t pick such massive open ended topics that we get a thread with 5,000 replies and all of them talk about something slightly different, but related to the topic. The topic needs to be very concentrated.

I love the survey idea, but I don’t know if it would be feasible to implement right away. I say Anet chooses for the first one, and then hopefully can get a survey in the game later on if that’s feasible, I’d just as soon start with something they’re planning on addressing anyway.

Even if the topic is something that we’re not as crazy about, I’d rather provide input on something they’re working on than something they’ll work on down the road.

They can’t tell us what they want to work on down the road (at least two other topics in general discussion are ongoing about that right now), so its not like anything else really matters right now except for stuff they want to address (and let us know about).

soo…….yeah….

1. Anet chooses.

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

Posted by: Akai.1530

Akai.1530

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

^This

I remember they also did those things in AION now and then and i also think its
much better than just listen to the forum that not really represent the majority
of the players.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

JustTrogdor.7892

Come on fellow posters please stick with the guidelines and vote:

Please leave all other stuff for a different topic. It was made clear this thread was just for voting on how they select new CDIs. No need to start posting about other stuff. It is simple. Pick option 1 or 2. Everything else just clutters the thread.

The Burninator

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

While this is a good idea, i would worry about the time to implement and the resources needed to tackle such a thing.

You could alternatively have server community representatives gather and document a much larger pool of feedback. Something along the lines of what many server community organizers already do with our regular WvW Voip meetings. I’m sure many, if not all of us, could organize such a thing, once a topic was formulated. Returning popular feedback and recording our meetings. This could be a pretty powerful tool to reach the numbers of people and help bolster community organization and communication.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Option 1: Anet should choose so we can discuss topics that have a better chance to impact the game.

Posted by: Nabuko Darayon.9645

Nabuko Darayon.9645

No 2: Mounts and Open Word Housing (via player lots or Guild Halls)

~ King Arian and Isabella of [EG] ~

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Option 1. They watch the forums, they know what people are concerned about.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

JustTrogdor.7892

No 2: Mounts and Open Word Housing (via player lots or Guild Halls)

The Burninator

Posted by: Zoso.8279

Zoso.8279

Come on fellow posters please stick with the guidelines and vote:

Please leave all other stuff for a different topic. It was made clear this thread was just for voting on how they select new CDIs. No need to start posting about other stuff. It is simple. Pick option 1 or 2. Everything else just clutters the thread.

Perfect!

Necromancer Main

Posted by: SkylightMoon.2098

SkylightMoon.2098

1. Anet chooses

jk

1. Permanent Content

Because the community might choose some topic that ANet isn’t really prioritizing at the moment and so anything we would say wouldn’t be as impactful. By letting them choose the topic we’re assured that we’re working towards something tangible.

Then whats the point in all of this. Its if everyone on here unanimously said something like “guild halls”, showing the community had a great desire for it, why wouldn’t they start actively working on this feature after they finished feature pack 2. Its just silly to even give us the option at that point.

Posted by: Bread.7516

Bread.7516

edit: choice 2.

I don’t think anet will focus on fundamental subtle features because it’s hard to market, at least with choice 2 it can have a chance.

Anet’s track record isn’t that good.

(edited by Bread.7516)

Posted by: Asmodeus.5782

Asmodeus.5782

2)
I’m all for topics chosen by us. The game needs a serious event scaling rework due to the megaserver and ever-present crowds… And this is not something Anet would mention by themselves, as the megaserver is an indisputable success. ;P

Language is a virus from outer space.

William S. Burroughs

Posted by: eekzie.5640

eekzie.5640

I don’t think voting on a topic would be a smart idea.

Some sort of imput from the community as to what pressing matters are, and then you choosing which topic would serve it’s purpose best would be my idea.

There’s several topics where I don’t think a CDI would be too beneficial at this point.

Posted by: Turamarth.3248

Turamarth.3248

Brandar – Kodash [DE]
[SPQR]