The Holy Trinity... is missed.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: dustinharlin.8693

dustinharlin.8693

I for one do miss the trinity, healing is my favorite thing to do in MMOs. The whole getting rid of the trinity was a good idea in theory but it just makes the game less fun in reality(IMO)..

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I don’t miss the trinity at all.

What I DO miss is actual roles being important. You can make up daft roles right now, but all that really matters is stacking and DPSDPSDPS. Control and Support need to matter. As of now, the only thing that matters out of those two is projectile reflection/absorption. That’s it.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

So basically, we have to keep ourselves alive and work as a team to get through dungeons. What’s wrong with that?

Work as a team? Are we playing the same (PvE) game. My teams seem to work like this.

1. Get in group
  2. No need to speak to anyone unless someone doesn’t know what to do
  3. Wait for cut scenes.
  4. Skip what needs to be skipped
  5. Kill what needs to be killed.
  6. Type in /s “P2 P3?” or “Ty”

Repeat.

There is no teamwork. Those player may as well be DPS bots or NPCs. Nothing I can do will save them nothing they can do will save me. And we are all better off DPSing our faces off and just avoiding damage in the first place.

Or maybe GW2’s system works so well that people take it for granted. Next time an ele drops a water field on you, or a thief places a shadow refuge to res you, or a mesmer/guardian/necro/warrior pulls/fears mobs off you, or many more things.

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

I don’t know if you’ve ever played any tPvP, top tier WvW, or high-end Fractals, but the trinity is pretty obvious, however team comp is much more variable. You still need your DPS, Anchor and support nevertheless. Please talk to us when you’ve been anything but casual.

Thanks!

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I don’t know if you’ve ever played any tPvP, top tier WvW, or high-end Fractals, but the trinity is pretty obvious, however team comp is much more variable. You still need your DPS, Anchor and support nevertheless. Please talk to us when you’ve been anything but casual.

Thanks!

Playing 48 Fractals daily. Nope, only things that matter are DPS and projectile management. No such trinity exists. If you actually think that, I don’t think you’ve ever touched Fractals above 10, to be honest.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

(edited by Auesis.7301)

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I really dislike the trinity- even more so when your class is tied to race, like they are currently planning for Wildstar.
I could never get my head around the concept that if you want to play x you have to be y.
I love that I can be whatever I want to in GW2, it is very liberating.

I play with a friend who is new to the game and I find it impossible to explain to her that it doesn’t matter what race your class is- she just doesn’t believe me.

Gunnar’s Hold

Posted by: Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

Waar Kijk Je Naar.8713

I like GW2’s trinity way more. Support Guardians are awesome.

IT’S A SWORD. THEY’RE NOT MEANT TO BE SAFE.

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Thanks!

Not really.

The only trinity in WvW is hammer warriors, support guardians and field spamming eles where everything else is shafted in to minor roles like veils and picking off guys on the side of the fight. High-level fractals, you definitely do not need a trinity and just shows you’ve never run them in a group that’s even remotely competent.

PvP I have no idea.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

Posted by: daimasei.4091

daimasei.4091

Ya, I miss spending 1-2 hours spamming “LF Healer”

Good old times -_-

Why fix the Necromancer for free when we can charge $$$ for the Revenant
-ArenaNet

Posted by: Fernling.1729

Fernling.1729

I just miss the healer part of the trinity.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

You should reroll a Mantra Mesmer and try mantra heals. You can maintain your entire party in situations they’d normally die, with AoE heals for 4,000 every 3 seconds.

Posted by: Happyfool.8951

Happyfool.8951

You should reroll a Mantra Mesmer and try mantra heals. You can maintain your entire party in situations they’d normally die, with AoE heals for 4,000 every 3 seconds.

Restorative Mantras do not work like that. Besides, Mantra Traits are spread over 3 trait lines: Domination XI, Dueling VI, Dueling VII, Inspiration X

We all do as we must to make our way in this world and unfortunately,
we have to do things others may qualify as “evil”.
~Krunch Bloodrage, Looking For Group

(edited by Happyfool.8951)

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

If builds could influence the effectiveness of boons beyond how long they lasted, support would be a more interesting topic to dive into.

And control really needs to be rebalanced so that a single combatant can use it to even his odds against a group, without it also being used by the group to decimate the lone combatant. Defiant is a ugly hack, and stability is not always available.

One option i guess would be to make it less single target focused (a side effect of them also being about interrupting opponents in PVP duels, much like combo breakers in a fighting game), and more AOE. But at the same time put in a duration based immunity rather than the current stack based defiant.

Btw, it just dawned on me that in GW2 you can damage someone CCed with impunity. In most other games out there you have either a no damage policy, or a traited threshold, meaning that anything held by CC can’t be damaged or the CC is wasted.

This again reinforces my thinking of GW2 control in fighting game terms. With control being something akin to a air juggled opponent. You get him up there and he is virtually helpless as long as you can maintain the juggle.

Maybe that is why control is so borked in PVE, there is no crowd element considered. It is all about two opponents facing each other on top of a capture point, locked in a dance of death where one good control landed leads to a swift ending. Bringing this into one against multiple fight and you either get nowhere or you get locked, and so we have the quick hackish fix of defiant.

Posted by: Amadan.9451

Amadan.9451

i like being able to save my self and play solo in games, that is why i always end up in some healing light dps role so i don’t need party for most of the content.
so in theory gw2 was the perfect game for me and i could also use any class i like to do so… although, this resulted for me in a no reason to roll any other class than my favorite and also some classes like the elementalist can’t simply have easytime ever compared to mesmers or guardians that sometimes don’t even need to dodge. also i agree that when you are experienced you really don’t need anything but projectile reflection and dodging or dodging skills, so no need for toughness, vitality, conditions, or even the class specific trait line for that matters. same goes with stat armor.

Looking for a gay friendly guild?
Join the Rainbow Pride

Posted by: Sai.5908

Sai.5908

I miss it too especially for world vs world where tanks would bottleneck a door or a broken down wall as a last ditch from getting the keeps and towers taken . Right now everyone’s doing their own thing and it’s a lot more chaotic .

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I wish the current trinity in GW2 had a lil more emphasis. Control, Support, Dmg could provide more rewarding gameplay. Why have healing gear if otherwise unrewarded in group play (wvw example).

But I think too much of the game would have to change (pve) to opt out of dmg based roles to be efficient.

JQ Druid

Posted by: Sylentir.8913

Sylentir.8913

I have no desire for a trinity back. I liked playing a healer and a tank and feeling needed in the games that had one, but now that I’m in a game that requires neither, I am happy.

I actually do occasionally play a tank/healer. Sure, it may not be “optimal” in highest level play, but in the content I run, people are appreciative of having a beefy engineer that constantly heals everyone around them on the team. I don’t have the massive damage of other specs, but I hold my own while helping my teammates hold their own too. I’m glad that full DPS groups can do the same content as 4 DPS and a support or 3 DPS and 2 support or 2 DPS and 3 support or 1 DPS and 4 support or even as full support.

Talia Gallowglass [Few] ~ Sylvari Engineer Main
Ferguson’s Crossing

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

Thanks!

This is actually true. GW2 has a trinity: guardian, warrior, mesmer. There is no doubt about the dungeon meta in terms of roles and that would be ‘anchor’ (pseudo-tank), DPS, and util/support. However, the game really doesn’t support it, it’s just humans doing what humans do and looking for something that works. What the game is missing is not necessarily “the trinity” it is meaningful combat roles. Think about any organized human activity from scavenger hunts to brain surgery. It’s all organized around roles. Some GW2 supporters don’t like this fact, but it is a fact nonetheless.

Posted by: AntiGw.9367

AntiGw.9367

Thanks!

This is actually true. GW2 has a trinity: guardian, warrior, mesmer.

GW2 has no trinity. Trinity means that certain class is required in any party to complete some content, otherwise you fail the content.

The fact that everybody and his grandmother uses a guardian, warrior or mesmer doesn’t make any of them a trinity.

Raine.1394

Thanks!

GW2 has no trinity. Trinity means that certain class is required in any party to complete some content, otherwise you fail the content.

The fact that everybody and his grandmother uses a guardian, warrior or mesmer doesn’t make any of them a trinity.

Wrong. Having a trinity means simply that you have a trinity. Simple. And, we do. As was mentioned, if you play the game at a high level, you already know this.

colesy.8490

This is actually true. GW2 has a trinity: guardian, warrior, mesmer. There is no doubt about the dungeon meta in terms of roles and that would be ‘anchor’ (pseudo-tank), DPS, and util/support. However, the game really doesn’t support it, it’s just humans doing what humans do and looking for something that works. What the game is missing is not necessarily “the trinity” it is meaningful combat roles. Think about any organized human activity from scavenger hunts to brain surgery. It’s all organized around roles. Some GW2 supporters don’t like this fact, but it is a fact nonetheless.

If you think that’s the trinity, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Conjured weapon elementalists DPS hit harder than warriors (300k damage in about 2 seconds? yes please, cram your hundred blades) and stack might with fire fields and blasts. The might stacks are long lasting which is an added plus. Engineer can keep 25 vuln on a boss unlike warriors, and rangers can offer a solid DPS increase with frost spirit and spotter, plus whirling defense even works as projectile reflection.

Mesmers are generally quite replaceable.

The game is not missing meaningful combat roles either, you try speed clearing a dungeon and being responsible for reflects (or group wipes), pulling mobs (or you can’t cleave, so either a hectic battle or even a wipe), stealthing past mobs in TA or Arah with thief or even an engineer blasting combo fields for stealth and more. There absolutely are meanngful roles, you just probably don’t run in a decent group so everyone is doing whatever the hell they want and you’re just blundering through the dungeon.

(edited by colesy.8490)

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I really dislike the trinity- even more so when your class is tied to race, like they are currently planning for Wildstar.
I could never get my head around the concept that if you want to play x you have to be y.
I love that I can be whatever I want to in GW2, it is very liberating.

I play with a friend who is new to the game and I find it impossible to explain to her that it doesn’t matter what race your class is- she just doesn’t believe me.

they are?? Oh man, there goes my hopes for a great version of GW2.

AntiGw.9367

Thanks!

Wrong. Having a trinity means simply that you have a trinity. Simple. And, we do. As was mentioned, if you play the game at a high level, you already know this.

No, a trinity is specifically a class A that you can’t play without for reason A, class B that you can’t play without for reason B, and class C that you can’t play without for reason C.

One class being a tank that has to pull aggro, because the other classes can’t take any damage. Second class being a healer, because other classes can’t heal themselves. Third class being DPS because other classes can’t DPS while they hold aggro and heal.

It’s called trinity because there are three of those exclusive roles in traditional MMOs. GW2 has no such exclusive roles, everyone can do everything himself, withou reqquiring any specific combination of classes.

Raine.1394

Thanks!

No, a trinity is specifically a class A that you can’t play without for reason A, class B that you can’t play without for reason B, and class C that you can’t play without for reason C.

One class being a tank that has to pull aggro, because the other classes can’t take any damage. Second class being a healer, because other classes can’t heal themselves. Third class being DPS because other classes can’t DPS while they hold aggro and heal.

It’s called trinity because there are three of those exclusive roles in traditional MMOs. GW2 has no such exclusive roles, everyone can do everything himself, withou reqquiring any specific combination of classes.

Nope. What I already said. We have a trinity, i.e., three classes/roles that work much better than anything else works at high level play. The roles are specifically anchor (quasi-tank), DPS, and util/support. What that works out to in GW2 is guardian, warrior, and mesmer. And, again, if you play the game at a high level, you already know this.

Posted by: Ferguson.2157

Ferguson.2157

I like it as is, but that doesn’t mean being vocal won’t change everything away from what this game was supposed to be.

Why not, we now have further ascended inroads, why not level cap raises, holy trinity, etc.

Lets just throw all the prerelease marketing and concept of game stuff out the window. Manifesto – who cares, Anet has already driven a semi-truckload of changes through that.

Yup, we want dedicated roles in a holy trininty and we want it now.

“What, me worry?” – A. E. Neuman

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

March called, it wants its skewed vision back.

The competent dungeon players all already figured out that the guardian/warrior/mesmer trinity is no longer the top-tier. There are professions that do more damage than warrior (Engineer, Ele, Thief, Ranger and Guardian), bring better party-wide support (Ele, Engineer), better vulnerability (Engineer) etc. The only profession that’s considered pretty useless by the experienced dungeon players is necromancer. Other than that, most dungeon runs I do usually have 1 guard, 1 war and 1 ele as a standard, and the other 2 roles can be whatever. It should be 1 guard, 1 ele, 1 engi, but most people don’t have geared engi’s because of old misconceptions.

PUGs and scrubs just need a couple of months to catch up with the META.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

AntiGw.9367

Nope. What I already said. We have a trinity, i.e., three classes/roles that work much better than anything else works at high level play. The roles are specifically anchor (quasi-tank), DPS, and util/support. What that works out to in GW2 is guardian, warrior, and mesmer. And, again, if you play the game at a high level, you already know this.

As I explained, a trinity is not any combination of classes that happen to be the most effective.

A trinity is a specific combination, without which you cannot complete content designed for group play.

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Your post is funny in so many different ways…

First of all, any competent group stopped running an anchor like 6-7 months ago. Every single profession runs full DPS in experienced speed clear groups. Even at 40+ Fractals, most ppl run full DPS, unless they’re lazy and take like 1 AH guard because they don’t want to dodge as often.

Second of all, none of the experienced dungeon guilds run guard/war/mes setups exclusively anymore, and haven’t for at least 4 months.

Third of all, Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger, Thief and Guardian deal higher DPS than a warrior. It just takes more skill to pull it off, and it’s harder to stay alive (especially on ele).

If you actually played this game at a high level, you would already know this.

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Raine.1394

March called, it wants its skewed vision back.

The competent dungeon players all already figured out that the guardian/warrior/mesmer trinity is no longer the top-tier. There are professions that do more damage than warrior (Engineer, Ele, Thief, Ranger and Guardian), bring better party-wide support (Ele, Engineer), better vulnerability (Engineer) etc. The only profession that’s considered pretty useless by the experienced dungeon players is necromancer. Other than that, most dungeon runs I do usually have 1 guard, 1 war and 1 ele as a standard, and the other 2 roles can be whatever. It should be 1 guard, 1 ele, 1 engi, but most people don’t have geared engi’s because of old misconceptions.

PUGs and scrubs just need a couple of months to catch up with the META.

What is true here is that there is nothing sacred about the professions that fulfill the roles. I don’t, however, think that the roles will change any time soon. Anchor, dps, support is the dungeon meta, and trinity, within GW2.

Raine.1394

Your post is funny in so many different ways…

First of all, any competent group stopped running an anchor like 6-7 months ago. Every single profession runs full DPS in experienced speed clear groups. Even at 40+ Fractals, most ppl run full DPS, unless they’re lazy and take like 1 AH guard because they don’t want to dodge as often.

Second of all, none of the experienced dungeon guilds run guard/war/mes setups exclusively anymore, and haven’t for at least 4 months.

Third of all, Elementalist, Engineer, Ranger, Thief and Guardian deal higher DPS than a warrior. It just takes more skill to pull it off, and it’s harder to stay alive (especially on ele).

If you actually played this game at a high level, you would already know this.

As I mentioned above there is nothing sacred about the classes that fulfill the roles, and I would expect them to change over time. You are, of course, wrong on the DPS warrior. And, Ranger? Seriously? But, regardless, the roles are still anchor, dps, support for high level content. If you play it, you already know it.

(edited by Raine.1394)

colesy.8490

You are, of course, wrong on the DPS warrior.

Lets see a DPS warrior beat 300k damage in two seconds from conjured weapon elementalist using fiery greatsword rush. Oh wait, they can’t. Thieves do higher single target DPS too, just look at a CoF p1 speed clear video from a thief perspective.

regardless, the roles are still anchor

There is no need for anchor in experienced groups, we don’t use them.

support for high level content

You can support in full DPS gear.

Please, just stop trying to argue, you’re completely out of your depth here.

Sylentir.8913

SNIP

Um, you keep saying that a trinity is what’s optimal or what’s most used. This is false. A trinity (When used in gaming conversations) is specifically the Tank/Heal/DPS setup that is necessary to succeed in other games. You can run 5DPS, 4DPS/anchor, 3DPS/anchor/support, or any wild party composition you want, and still finish content. There is no trinity because it isn’t required to have the tank/heal/dps elements to finish content. Emulating the trinity may be possible, but it isn’t mandatory.

Ferguson’s Crossing

Raine.1394

You are, of course, wrong on the DPS warrior.

Lets see a DPS warrior beat 300k damage in two seconds from conjured weapon elementalist using fiery greatsword rush. Oh wait, they can’t. Thieves do higher single target DPS too, just look at a CoF p1 speed clear video from a thief perspective.

regardless, the roles are still anchor

There is no need for anchor in experienced groups, we don’t use them.

support for high level content

You can support in full DPS gear.

Please, just stop trying to argue, you’re completely out of your depth here.

The thief is a class sought out at high levels of the game? Really? You would appear out of your depth here, by definition.

Raine.1394

SNIP

Um, you keep saying that a trinity is what’s optimal or what’s most used. This is false. A trinity (When used in gaming conversations) is specifically the Tank/Heal/DPS setup that is necessary to succeed in other games. You can run 5DPS, 4DPS/anchor, 3DPS/anchor/support, or any wild party composition you want, and still finish content. There is no trinity because it isn’t required to have the tank/heal/dps elements to finish content. Emulating the trinity may be possible, but it isn’t mandatory.

You are correct in how I am using the term. I am not using it to indicate ‘mandatory’, simply optimal and most desired. GW2 does have a trinity in terms of what is most sought out and most used.

Raine.1394

An interesting fact is that people suggest that something changed in the meta, in one case 6-7 months ago, where the meta went from anchor/dps/support to full dps. I give them credit for understanding the then current meta, but what, exactly, changed that moved the game to full DPS? This should be interesting.

Posted by: Araris.7839

Araris.7839

As a long time tank, yes, I miss the pressure, it was incredibly fun compared to this all dps nonsense. However, that style looks like it’s going away from MMOs. Oh well, gotta adapt and try to have fun.

Sylentir.8913

SNIP

You are correct in how I am using the term. I am not using it to indicate ‘mandatory’, simply optimal and most desired. GW2 does have a trinity in terms of what is most sought out and most used.

Except that’s not what a trinity means. In every other context, a trinity is used to refer to a mandatory setup. You can say that you “define it differently”, but then I could just say pink bunny tree grass and say that with my definitions, it’s a valid sentence.

Ferguson’s Crossing

Raine.1394

SNIP

Except that’s not what a trinity means. In every other context, a trinity is used to refer to a mandatory setup. You can say that you “define it differently”, but then I could just say pink bunny tree grass and say that with my definitions, it’s a valid sentence.

I learned in my first philosophy class in college that it was fine to use a word differently, or even invent a word, as long as you gave it a definition. I am using the term trinity to mean actually having a trinity as opposed to a game that designs in and mandates a trinity.

Posted by: smekras.8203

smekras.8203

not sure what class you took exactly, but in the real world it is at the very least expected for all parties involved to use the same definition for a given word.

otherwise, things get messy, like the debates on what a “theory” is between laymen and scientists

Server: Kaineng | Guild: Blackflame Legion [BFL]
Perhaps the only RP-oriented guild on the server
Main Character: Farathnor (sylvari ranger) 1 of 22

Raine.1394

not sure what class you took exactly, but in the real world it is at the very least expected for all parties involved to use the same definition for a given word.

otherwise, things get messy, like the debates on what a “theory” is between laymen and scientists

The point is that as long as the definition is given there is no possibility of being misunderstood. Clarity in communication is the goal here as it should be everywhere. With clarity, there is no possibility for messy debates, only meaningful ones.

(edited by Raine.1394)

Araris.7839

SNIP

I learned in my first philosophy class in college that it was fine to use a word differently, or even invent a word, as long as you gave it a definition. I am using the term trinity to mean actually having a trinity as opposed to a game that designs in and mandates a trinity.

My God that’s asinine. This isn’t freshmen philosophy, it’s a discussion, which means you use the definition of the term that’s actually correct.

colesy.8490

The thief is a class sought out at high levels of the game? Really? You would appear out of your depth here, by definition.

Some of it, yes. They can be used to stealth past blossoms in TA, past mobs in Arah, smoke screen is projectile absorption if your group is lacking in it (say the thief joins a pug). Failing that, if you have might and vuln stacking covered, a thief can be taken for raw DPS.

You still haven’t answered how warrior hundred blades beats elementalist fiery rush.

An interesting fact is that people suggest that something changed in the meta, in one case 6-7 months ago, where the meta went from anchor/dps/support to full dps. I give them credit for understanding the then current meta, but what, exactly, changed that moved the game to full DPS? This should be interesting.

To put it simply, people realised anchors weren’t needed and the anchor guard could just go full DPS at no loss to the group’s overall efficiency.

Sylentir.8913

SNIP

And as I said, the problem with that is that I can then call “Pink bunny tree grass” a valid statement. Philosophical discussions are wonderful places to mess with language, but in a discussion online, about something with a concrete definition accepted by the vast majority of its users, re-defining the word is bad.

Also, it’s considered to be one of those rules of the internet that once semantics come into question, the argument’s hopeless.

Ferguson’s Crossing

Raine.1394

SNIP

My God that’s asinine. This isn’t freshmen philosophy, it’s a discussion, which means you use the definition of the term that’s actually correct.

Great! Please give me the correct definition and source.

Posted by: Fletch.3572

Fletch.3572

After a year of being just another culled out dude in a zerg
I miss being an integral part of a group that’s for sure.

Araris.7839

@Colesy, could it possibly be because hundred blades comes back in a few seconds and can be repeated over and over, also coupled with swapping weapons during its down time to increase the overall damage from a player?

Not to mention that the kind of damage you’re listing from fiery rush comes from an enemy positioning.

You can’t simply say one is better than the other because you’re choosing to leave out all associated facts. The fact that one has a lengthy recast, requires positioning that’s not always available, and you’re unable to swap weapons to increase your dps via any other means.

Araris.7839

SNIP

Sylentir has been spelling it out slowly for you for a while now, read up. Source? Common sense from general gaming knowledge.

You must be new, to life and gaming.

You’re welcome.

Raine.1394

SNIP

And as I said, the problem with that is that I can then call “Pink bunny tree grass” a valid statement. Philosophical discussions are wonderful places to mess with language, but in a discussion online, about something with a concrete definition accepted by the vast majority of its users, re-defining the word is bad.

Also, it’s considered to be one of those rules of the internet that once semantics come into question, the argument’s hopeless.

It’s actually not a philosophical discussion as it is not working with philosophical categories. We are talking about language and words within a language. Trinity denotes ‘something’ about a three-ness. I am using the term to denote a three-ness around professions used in a dungeon meta. That should be fairly straightforward.

Raine.1394

SNIP

Sylentir has been spelling it out slowly for you for a while now, read up. Source? Common sense from general gaming knowledge.

You’re welcome.

So, you are saying you don’t have a source. Got it.

Araris.7839

SNIP

You’re welcome.

So, you are saying you don’t have a source. Got it.

I get it, alright? You’re new to gaming, you said something that didn’t make sense, something anybody with any knowledge of MMOs knows, and it made you look like.. Exactly what you are.

There’s no shame in it, everybody started somewhere, you can’t be expected to know general terms that come with MMO gaming. You can stop trying to make it into a philosophical conversation.

Part of growing up means being able to admit when you’re wrong, you’ll learn that too some day.