The New CDI Topics

The New CDI Topics

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

LOL No, I just didn’t see it in your first post listing The Rules.

Ahh I see (-:

If you’re going to end up editing the first post anyway, would you consider putting this thread into Q/A mode so that first post appears at the top of every page?

Try it, you’ll like it .

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

For the PvE topic would it be to much if it is about Fractals but also about dungeons in general?

Hi Arwen,

I have been thinking a lot about this. My concern is that the PVE thread may become cumbersome. I will think about it a little more.

Chris

I would strongly suggest keeping it Fractals focused, but it can’t hurt to make a note if you think a suggestion would be a good idea for dungeons in general.

I don’t do dungeons OR fractals, but I’d think there’s enough differences that it would be best to focus on just one for now, and the other later. Some ideas may carry over, but I’m sure there’s other ideas that might be great for one but really bad for the other.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

And I know that what I will say it’s not about the topic content, but let the players go wild with classes playable weapons.

It like daring the Host to invoke Rule 9 .

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Vvlpvs.7162

Vvlpvs.7162

Lol, sorry about that. I didn’t see the Rule 9. I will delete the post =/

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

Lol, sorry about that. I didn’t see the Rule 9. I will delete the post =/

It’s probably not a big deal in this thread: Chris seems willing to play fast and loose here .

The 4 (I’m surprised at how many we’re getting this round) topics represents some pretty big windows of opportunity. Staying focused on those topics will give all of us the best chance of seeing the game evolve towards something we’ll find more enjoyable.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Romo.3709

Romo.3709

Ray of light

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: ksmisfit.8109

ksmisfit.8109

I’ll tell you a pve/wvw change I and many others like me would like to see. Take the WvW maps out of the map completion requirement. While I understand that you want us to experience all aspects of the game I really don’t enjoy being forced to put up will being ganked or even have to fight other players in order to gain the ability to make a legendary weapon. I struggle enough with getting vistas as it is without having to do it while other players are trying to kill me. I also ended up waiting months for my server to get the areas I needed to complete.
I have reasons I dislike pvp one of them being bad experiences in other games. I can accept that I will miss out on achievement points for not doing those areas but it seems unfair to force us to either spend massive amounts of gold to buy Legendaries or force us to enter into pvp type environments (which is what WvW is) in order to gain a legendary item. It makes me less inclined to do the main maps with other characters because I know I will have to struggle through that again.
Every daily event is a pvp style event as well could you not have perhaps made a few that are straight races or pve style competitions like who kills the most monsters or a race where we don’t attack each other to gain an edge?

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Elliot.9154

Elliot.9154

WvW: What aspects of Edge of The Mists do you think could carry over to the rest of WvW and how?

-Reward chests at the end of a tower or other structures.
On my own server I noticed this was a big reason for going edge of the mist instead of the normal WvW so implementing this in the normal maps might help get more people in WvW.

-Supply generators, the Pack Dolyak could be replaced with a guard paroling the route normally followed by the dolyak giving small group or solo players still something to do.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I thought the agreement was ArenaNet offered some topics for the next CDI, and we voted on which one….I guess I was confused.

Oh well, maybe the next CDI will be something else. =)

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

I’ll tell you a pve/wvw change I and many others like me would like to see. Take the WvW maps out of the map completion requirement. While I understand that you want us to experience all aspects of the game I really don’t enjoy being forced to put up will being ganked or even have to fight other players in order to gain the ability to make a legendary weapon.

The Creation of a Legendary weapon is by design an All-aspects-of-play undertaking.

I really don’t see them moving backwards in this regard. Especially now that they’ve field tested various “you must adventure” requirements in the Ascended tier. If anything, expect Legendary crafting to get harder. The Gift of battle requiring WvW levels is just one example of how they are demanding that you play the game and not just cash out a few achievement chests.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

I thought the agreement was ArenaNet offered some topics for the next CDI, and we voted on which one….I guess I was confused.

Oh well, maybe the next CDI will be something else. =)

Hi Cedo,

In the last CDI Process Evolution 2 thread the group decided to try out having the team pick the topics in this round and then we will discuss how we thought it went as a group in CDI Process Evolution 3.

Hope this info helps,

Chris

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: petespri.6548

petespri.6548

Hi Chris-

Just wanted to say thank you for these CDIs and the game. I have enjoyed many hours in GW2.

I need to be honest though, it is discourage to be hearing you guys talking about subjects to talk about when there are so many basic functions of the game that have been neglected or still remain as bugs from launch. It’s also disheartening to hear that so many of these subjects are things that we have been hoping and asking you for for over a year now, only to find out that you are just now asking for feedback so you can decide what direction you want to take it. But it’s really the basic stuff that has not been dealt with since launch that is hard to live with anymore.

Specifically, I keep waiting to see some simple things:

1- Bug fixes for engineers and many other classes.

2- A graphics option to reduce/eliminate particle effect. In a skill based game and not being able to see through so many layers of crap makes me not want to play your group content at all. How can I dodge a boss attack when 30+ aoe’s are rainbow bombing over everything that the boss is doing?

3- An option to filter TP armor not only by slot but also by light, medium, heavy.

4- Increased build variety for classes. Instead of doing minor balancing changes to just a few skills to a few classes every couple of months, you are going to need to do some serious over-hauling to get some classes more than 2 or 3 builds. The game didn’t release at a close-to-balanced state to make such small changes like you have been doing. Make some bigger ones to some classes to get them some more variety to play styles!

All that said, I’m really not trying to be negative. I love the game, and I enjoy playing it, it’s just a bummer to know that I could enjoy it so much more (my first toon was an engineer that I leveled until I realized that many things were not working at all or as intended). But even with all of that, please continue the CDI! I love the feedback on things that at least you are willing to talk about. I like to at least hear what you guys are thinking, because it helps me know what direction the game will go.

Thanks for your hard work Chris, and all of Anet! I do mean that sincerely! I love the game that you made, I just wish you were spending your time on the basic stuff of the game instead of where it is allocated now.

See you in-game

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Maximillian Greil.1965

Maximillian Greil.1965

For that profession evolution topic there at the end: My girlfriend plays an engineer, and the only complaint she has… the ONLY one is the kits clip with her human character. Please change the models of the kits to fit all races, or give them fanny packs xD. I think in a game about aesthetics having a more aesthetically pleasing engineer would get people to play it more.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

profession balance:
as a necromancer main player, i’m currently taking a break from my pride and joy. and this thread gave me a glimmer of hope. so i’ll address some gripes and things i think done right that could be added upon.
necromancers in melee: daggers are a very high risk for a not so high reward(unless the target is a mob or it’s a clueless player) i know a couple dozen necromancers, myself included, who think something in the form of greatsword should be added to the necromancer’s bag of tricks. my argument for this is as follows: necromancer needs melee cleave very badly. axe is a purely single target dps weapon(i do not include unholy feast in axe’s dps) that, granted, does hit quite hard if stacked properly. however, my main reason for requesting a greatsword is the possibility of a leap, as mobility is something necro needs even more desperately than melee cleave. greatsword solves both problems, it gives necro the needed melee cleave and if a leap is included you solve the escape/closer issue, even on a 600 range leap, like guardian. this would be, albeit small, an incredibly awesome addition to necro’s playability(yay word invention) and gives them some much needed additional roles. not only that but you would see a very happy necromancer forum community.

Sincerely,
Bryn Lightsbane.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: ReizVolle.5137

ReizVolle.5137

Aint got time to read ALL of the quickly added posts, maybe later, but gonna post anyway.

PvE – Come out with Ascended Salvage o Matic. Maybe have the Copper Matic Upgradable in Mystic Forge for a New Salvage kit that can salvage those dang Ascended Fractal Rings, that we have tons of…! Or just make Ascended stuff in general Mystic Forgeable or Salvagable.

Trade in Rings for Dragonite! Somethin…

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I do not care about any of these topics at all. I do not PvP, and I do not run Fractals because they take too long to complete. Roll again for new topics.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

Maybe … a New Salvage kit that can salvage those dang Ascended Fractal Rings, that we have tons of…!

The fact you have “tons of them” should tell you they are not very valuable outside of wearing them .

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

I do not care about any of these topics at all. I do not PvP, and I do not run Fractals because they take too long to complete. Roll again for new topics.

Technically that’s “lose one turn and roll again” .

Hopefully you’ll find the next wave more interesting, thought the WvW topic pretty much directly impacts open world gameplay, so you might want to check in on it occasionally if only to see how people are trying to mix some peanut butter in with your chocolate.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Morrigan.2809

Morrigan.2809

I don’t have any direct interest in the current topics either but it does impact a large part of the player base that has been neglected until now.
I think it is fair to address those things.

We all play different things and we will all get our turn- do not worry, just follow the discussion if you don’t feel you can give input- I always find it interesting even if I have nothing to add

Gunnar’s Hold

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

Specifically, I keep waiting to see some simple things:

1- Bug fixes for engineers and many other classes.

Other than listing them (already done) what is there to talk about? Beyond the conversation we’ve already had…

ArenaNet: That is a nice list. Thank you.

Players Everywhere: No, not “thank you”. FIX IT.

2- A graphics option to reduce/eliminate particle effect.

Another truly short conversation I think…

ArenaNet: Yeah, that’s a problem. We should add something like that to the menu structure.

Players Everywhere: Duh!

3- An option to filter TP armor not only by slot but also by light, medium, heavy.

See item 2. Word for word.

4- Increased build variety for classes. Instead of doing minor balancing changes to just a few skills to a few classes every couple of months, you are going to need to do some serious over-hauling to get some classes more than 2 or 3 builds. The game didn’t release at a close-to-balanced state to make such small changes like you have been doing. Make some bigger ones to some classes to get them some more variety to play styles!

Lets see what kind a stampede we get from looking at one class real hard before having every single “I love my main and all other professions can suck it” player show up at the same time

Thanks for your hard work Chris, and all of Anet! I do mean that sincerely! I love the game that you made, I just wish you were spending your time on the basic stuff of the game instead of where it is allocated now.

I don’t think having 4 people set to “outward-facing chat mode” is going to grind the entire enterprise to a halt . I suspect most of the bug-squashing coders are still chained to their desks… where they belong .

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Siniorica Sunmist.7218

Siniorica Sunmist.7218

Oy

1. Expand the use of AR at least for world bosses also.
2. More use of the Prestine Relics
3. As dredge are immune to blind, why so the ice elementals are not immune to chill…etc?
4. Hylek tribal war fractal
5. Skritt fractal
6. Nerf Me, New available underwater elite skill for all professions
7. Crafting Professions… 500 for Chef and Jeweler.

+ Have a nice day.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

As far as EotM aspects go, I’d love to see some sort of havoc zerg-punishing mechanic like the bridges; however I realize this would require too much change to the existing maps. Would something like a Pitfall Trap which would explode/break after X amount of players step over it be a viable option? Granted this would cost a lot of supply to make, but I’m not the balance team.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Killthehealersffs.8940

Killthehealersffs.8940

Fractals + 2 groups , qued up = tower defence :P
The first group consint of normal characters , aim to kill the last boss (wipe=fail)
The second are transformed into XXX mob , with different spells . Each player can choose 1-4 transforms costumes/mobs/ (speak with a nearby Ncp to transsform them) . 2 min respawn time . You can use envirimontal mechanins too .
Aim : last for xxx min (i dont know many min a Fractal run lasts) , or kill the opposite players

If the AI dont <<sattisfie>> the players > then a a real person will do it :P

(edited by Killthehealersffs.8940)

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

wvw:
well i got some ideas about regular wvw
eotm has some very nicely designed keeps and that covers my first point:

the keeps:
once an enemy zerg gets to the keepgate there should be better otions to defend it. atm the keeps are too simple.first gate goes down then the enemy takes a few step and boom they are already on the next gate pvdooring.
gates need more health
there should be more narrow passages and places for traps so defenders that maybe just got this keep back have at least a chance to hold the zerg off for a while.
have briges in the keep that u can destroy or remove or something like that so the enemy has to either build a new bridge(wasting supply) or find another more dangerous way.
have more gates until they reach the keep lord. make the keeplords and guards stronger(like in eotm) and but also not warbannerable
also eles meteorshowers make the walls almost unpassable. it should be a little safer.

the towers:
also here they should be more complex and harder to reach the towerlord. i like the bloodlust ruined tower carver which gives me an option to pull people off and therefor have at least a little chance to fend off a blob.

the maps:
need to be wayy bigger. the zergs can move around too fast as the main objectives are very close together. also add some walls or something that have to be overcome first before they can reach your garrison. or allow guilds to builds watchtowers or something. in eotm u can also destroy certain bridges and slow down a blob. the current maps have way too much wasted space and the bloodlust area is more of an annoyance then a cool feature.
also the borderlands should be different from each other like in eotm there is the frost area, the desert area and the greener area. this is how the bl should be different.

professions:
here again im coming from a wvw pov:
(please split spvp and wvw balance as balance will never happen if this doesnt change)
atm there is 3 dominating classes
1warrior
2guardian
3ele

then there is necro who has at least great aoe, but bad defensive skills and needs better combat mobility.ds skills are not really that useful and have a really high cd, also ther is a few bugs that come with ds, so please fix.

mesmers have been nerfed so bad that we are either roamers only or veilbot servants.give mesmer viable aoe non ai aoe options, skills and traits. illusions simply dont work well in a zerg and barely any shatter ever hits a target.
ip is almost a must if u wanna make use of f1-f4 in wvw which allows not even a handful builds. im very tired of being a veilbot and i tried every single build and none of them seems really viable for wvw and large group fights. too many traits about ai. mesmer doesnt feel like a light armor class at all. we are always forced to go close to our enemy and all the nerfs have turned us into a pet class.
when mesmer bugged out during last patch and all mesmers were stripped off their illusions, that how i feel on my mesmer in a zergfight. no trait that involves illusions, is helpful as u cant have illusions up for long enough in a zerg fight.
make a trait that allows us to use aoe, rework mantras into ground targeting aoe, make shatters happen without ip or move ip trait out of grandmaster. ps there is terrible bugs we put all in one thread in the bug section, please check them.

ranger: im glad u guys will adress this disaster as they are unwanted in any guild. same problem like mesmer, too many traits around ai pet. pet dies in like 2 seconds so all skills about pet and also the traits are useless, leaving rangers with nothing. only thing they can do is roam and maybe follow a pug commander. also its terrible that the war bow skills work so much better than the ranger bow skills….

engi: needs some minor buffs, trait fixes and lots of bug fixes and will be fine in wvw.

thief: burst is way to high(11k backstabs….) but again they have barely anything else. they need lots of trait fixes and buffs before anet can reduce their high burst and stealth. also they should have the highest mobility, not warriors. they also need weapon changes(buff the shortbow, the range is very bad) and new skills. atm all they can spec into is either massive glasscannon or insane condi burst, but very squishy and has to rely on stealth non stop. this class need rework!

cc(all classes)
immobilize should not be a condition, should not stack, should be removable with stunbreakers and target should be immune to another cc or interrupt after for at least 2 seconds
chill should not stack
stun should not last long and target should be immune to another cc or interrupt after stun for at least 2 seconds
interrupts: target should be immune to another interrupt after for at least 2 seconds
knockdowns: target should be immune to another cc or interrupt after for at least 3 seconds

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

(edited by selan.8354)

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Razon.8153

Razon.8153

Guys, they clearly said to post feedback when the actual threads open, so why do you keep posting it here?

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

I’m guessing some people didn’t read about concise posts, off-topic posts, or much else.

But, to be fair, some of the discussions can be confusing….

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Frostfang.5109

Frostfang.5109

I suggest that all CDI Topics (as there will be a few) have their own thread/topic Like “Charr” “Ranger” etc… Makes them easy to find and kep track of as they are very important and interesting.

Not someting u want to miss our because its hidden among a bunch of mixed subjects in some other thread. I almost missed the voting for Class CDI…

Kima & Co

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: whyme.3281

whyme.3281

Can you please tell us in the beginning of the class CDI, what each class should look like, whats their strength and weakness.

Shouldn’t we discuss some of the core elements of PVE (boss behavior, defiant, condition stacks,…) before talking about rewards and evolution of fractals/dungeon. I know it could be addressed in there too, but it would be a bit off-topic in my opinion.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I don’t have any direct interest in the current topics either but it does impact a large part of the player base that has been neglected until now.

Fractals got a whole LW update a while back, a bunch of unique weapon skins, and easiest access to a bunch of Ascended gear that the rest of us really need to scrape for. They’re hardly “neglected.”

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

Ranger, Condition Damage and Monster AI
In PvE the ranger is very weak. Especially cause the pet dies so fast, if he’s caught in AoEs he’s going down in a second. So a high reduced damage from AoE sources would fix this.
Also the pet doesn’t offer many F1-F4 skills to do damage/buff party/play defensively.
More or better F1-F4 skills would improve the pet’s usefulness in example a dungeon or WvW zerg.
The ranger itself is pretty weak in smaller teams in PvE, let’s take a dungeon as example. Ranger can’t burst like a warrior, guardian or elementalist. This is not only a problem with the ranger, but also other classes. What i would like to see is more raw burst damage from these underpowered classes. Condition damage isn’t really that strong in PvE, as it is in PvP. Why isn’t Condition damage strong in PvE? it’s strong if you want fights to last and fights in dungeons are getting spedrun so there is no need for a fight to last.
Solutions? fix the monster AI, make them smarter and counter the players depending on their movement and build. Let’s say a party is stacking for spider in AC, when you stack her like that, she will gain new skills that will CC the entire team and prevent them from doing any damage. So the solution for the team is not to stack. Stacking for combo fields is one thing, but to stand in the same spot for 1-3 minutes is not.
If the monster AI is improved and monster gets smarter, other builds will now be viable. The ranger, necromancer,engineer etc will now be asked for in group content.

(edited by Zoid.2568)

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

Merlin Dyfed Avalon.5046

I am wondering, if the professions CDI is started now.. it would take a week to run the topic, a week to discuss amongst the dev team, then they start work on it.. may take another month or two before you can present results. that means 2-3 months for 1 profession to get some attention.

7 professions * 2 months is over a year to get all professions into shape?

seems a bit… ye..

#fixbeforepatches

54 infractions and counting because a moderator doesn’t understand a joke when he/she sees it.
E.A.D.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: HHunter.5094

HHunter.5094

So.. I never did not wrote something here on forum becouse i thought it will not help at all, now i will take my chances and try it :

We’we already said about Fractals ( low Reward , Too hard Dredge , too long for nothing )
But there is something that is hurting me and more and more Rangers in PvE
Why ?
Reasons :

- Most of Rangers skills and traits are made for Pet and not for ranger itself, but nobody cares about how fast pets die in dungeons,fractals,WvW etc.. ( in PvP its only part where they are OK )so.. plz make some skills or update some to make skills for DMG for Ranger, there is no skill like that..

- Pets are UNable to be disabled in combat which makes Ranger one of the most problematic player while duing something in dungeons,Fractals and this makes people to write : no Rangers in LFG ..

- Spirits, last time you made them easer to have in traits with following us (rangers) but they still useless , their Recharge time of providing their benefits ( +10% DMG, Burning , etc.. ) is 10 sec or so.. so once a 10 sec i have a chance to do +10% DMG.. which nobody likes and makes ranger again useless in party.. plz make the recharge time 3 or 5 sec, but not 10, i feel really bad when people dont want to take us(rangers) to dungeon becouse they are not that good like OP war which is the most important class in game, war can do big DMG while he have a tons of heals a and even with pure zerg set, they have about 20k HP which makes them the best class..

- Rangers need some power up, Rangers DMG while having pure zerg set with traits that gives them stats for DMG is too low compare to other classes.. and people better take zerg guard then Zerg Ranger becouse if ranger is pure zerg, they easly die and again nobady likes them.

- Plz.. fix that sword bug which makes us stick with NPC with no way to evade or use skill.

That is all i wanted to write/say , plz response to this so i know that i didnt write about this in vain.

Thanks. HHunter.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Triton.2648

Triton.2648

For fractals, I would really like to see the concept of agony damage and resistance being communicated better to new players.
It’s not uncommon getting players in fractals 10+ who have no idea what agony resistance is.

In fact, fractals in general do an absolutely awful job of communicating mechanics to players.

Underground Facility is the worst offender in that regard (in addition to being generally frustrating to run), but the others can also be very confusing to inexperienced players.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Mikuchan.7261

Mikuchan.7261

I know it’s not time for the discussion yet, so I’ll just post my post here to save it until we’re beginning the discussion, so I won’t forget it and stuff. Read it if you want, but it’s not time yet. I also noticed that nested spoilers are broken

I have a bit of an out-of-the-box idea for an addition to fractals.

Summary:
Allows ANet to save content ingame almost as easilly as copypasting it.
Allows players to play through storywise “lost” content.
Fractals is the perfect place to “freeze” historical moments in time.
ANet most likely have everything they’ve done saved in an archive anyways.
New players get to see what old players did, although from a slightly different perspecitve.
A way to reintroduce items that are no longer being generated ingame, but still keep their rarity.

So how to do this?

Add NPCs that you can talk to in order to get a “chapter” selecting screen.
When a chapter is selected, the party is transported to an instance of that place.
The chapters basically are different parts of the history.

• Old living story content.
  • Old GW1 historical moments remade.
  • Old places that have been lost, for example Lion’s Arch pre-scarlet.
    Basically interesting places storywise and lorewise saved in time.
    Once there, depending on what content it originally was, you get missions to do.
    This could be on the form of Underworld in GW1 where you just explore and find quests to do.
    It could be general dungeon missions.
    For example the “colonization” of southsun with the karka queen could be a historical fractal.
    Underworld-style, it would give you quests as you talk to the NPCs. One quest is to clear the jungle and put out the waypoints towards the south.
    Another is to follow the othe NPC.
    When some quests are done, you get to do other quests and finally you get to fight the karka queen when you’re done.
    Just like underworld, a failed quest means that you’re out since that’s not how the original story went.
    This is the “storybook” that GW2 needs to update people with the story and lore.

As opposed to the normal “unstable” fractals, these are stable fractals, showing the actual history as it happened.
The new NPCs are scholars that are studying fractals of the mists, discovering those historical fractals with the help of Dessa. While Dessa only exists temporarily each time you enter the fractals, these scholars come from the outside world and gather new information from Dessa each time they enter and, unlike Dessa, can remember it all and utillize it to find new fractals.
Like Kiel, you enter with them and they convince Dessa to change fractal coordinates to the history you have chosen to explore.

As opposed to the unstable fractal difficulty level, the best would probably be to have a story mode and an explorable mode to cater for both casual players who want the lore and hardcore players who want the rewards.
Story mode is easy and you don’t have to worry too much about difficulty as you learn about the lore. Although you don’t get much rewards for it other than lore.
Explorable mode is harder than any current dungeon, it’s endgame content. Although it also gives nice rewards.
The level system is too advanced and unnecessary for this.

As with all dungeons, time is a main “risk” here. If you fail the fractal history, you don’t get your end reward and you got to do it again in order to get the reward. However on top of this, like with Underworld in GW1, there could be a cost to enter. After all it takes alot of finances for the scholars to study the fractals. Normal unstable fractals remain free of course.
The rewards for story mode should be small, as stated before.
The rewards for explorable mode should be high but balanced.
Very rare chances to get actual rewards you got from the original content, like recipes, monocles and whatnot and “ticket scraps” to sooner or later buy those rewards from the scholars if you don’t get a drop. It should require many ticket scraps to keep the rarity of the items, but it should still be possible to get them if you just work for them.
Maybe not so much gold rewards, but like Underworld, high loot rewards on success and chances for unique items.
That said, the original content is slightly rebalanced to work for 5 players even if it originally was made for zergs.

(edited by Mikuchan.7261)

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: DEDEN.2870

DEDEN.2870

For Fractals, dungeons, and other similar content, I’d like to see more fixes for the abusive exploits and glitches that have become the preferred method of playing. Standing in specific spots where AOE circles can’t hit or the mobs can’t path to, using abilities that don’t trigger certain mechanics, and so on is really starting to get old.

I guess I’ll make the point in the discussion itself, but that — and new content is basically all I’m looking for.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Pewienpan.5168

Pewienpan.5168

Fractals:
Salvageable ascended rings is a must. Or just tell us they are useless so we start destroying it. I would be nice to be able to buy fractal skins for Pristine Fractal Relic, let’s say 50 tokens each skin (and do not increase the drop rate, but chest from which I could pick any skin would be nice), and exchange Fractal Relics into Pristine ones, maybe 100 to 1 or so.
More fractals would be nice, but in my opinion instances taken from living story were a bad idea.
All combinations of ascended gear stats, I really miss valkyrie ascended trinkets.

Ranger:
Spirits working like necro minions, following on default, dying when killed, not 60s :/ . Throwable traps on default would be also nice :] . Power with boon duration, vitality with healing power, condition damage with condition duration, toughness with pet attributes?

Proffessions general:
Let us retrait whenewer we want in PvE. Since it costs on only 4 silver… In wvw Instant Trait Resets are a good idea, but for Badges of Honor.

Celestial scrubs, just die already…

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Chaos.3597

Chaos.3597

I believe that Fractals are not as rewarding as dungeon paths. In that case I suggest adding an additional daily reward chest for each successul fractal with lesser rewards:
- 50 s which would be 2g in total for each tier, 1-10, 11-20 etc, instead of 1g after all 4 Fractals.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Genuine question: Anyone explain to me the reason for this thread if the discussion is to start at a later date?

The first post could have easily been the only post, and it be stickied.

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

I believe that Fractals are not as rewarding as dungeon paths. In that case I suggest adding an additional daily reward chest for each successul fractal with lesser rewards:
- 50 s which would be 2g in total for each tier, 1-10, 11-20 etc, instead of 1g after all 4 Fractals.

Which Dungeon gives you a shot at direct ascended gear drops? Which Dungeon has 20 slot bags at its vendor? Do we really have to make a comparison of core, lodestone, and exotic armor drop rates between dungeons and Fractals? Does everything have to be the same to be worth doing?

Fractals have been anointed by the Devs as THE 5-man activity for several best-in-slot rewards including bags. Its probably not crucial that they also yield masses of coin . I really think the intent was for Fractals to be the home of apex predators who had moved beyond chasing after gold.

Genuine question: Anyone explain to me the reason for this thread if the discussion is to start at a later date?

Think of it as a dress rehearsal, or maybe the previews before the movie .

The New CDI Topics

Mikuchan.7261

Which Dungeon gives you a shot at direct ascended gear drops? Which Dungeon has 20 slot bags at its vendor? Do we really have to make a comparison of core, lodestone, and exotic armor drop rates between dungeons and Fractals? Does everything have to be the same to be worth doing?

Fractals have been anointed by the Devs as THE 5-man activity for several best-in-slot rewards including bags. Its probably not crucial that they also yield masses of coin . I really think the intent was for Fractals to be the home of apex predators who had moved beyond chasing after gold.

So when you have max size inventory and both ascended rings and any fractal weapon you might like.
Then what is the point of doing fractals?
When you have the unique drops, it’s one of the worst palces to farm. And you can’t sell the unique drops.
Even so it’s supposed to be “endgame content” which normally is the hardest and most rewarding place in a game.
Still normal dungeons and frostgorge champion farm give you much more value for your time.
If you can’t agree that something’s off there, then you better have a good argument for it.

The New CDI Topics

Nike.2631

When you hit best in slot, anything after that is for entertainment value, no matter which slot. It’s arguing that Orichalcum nodes should start dropping food because you have a full set of exotic armor. If there’s a blatant problem with the fractals its that they’re too easy to finish, not that there is an end to the rewards.

But if gold is simply the must-have currency of “do whatever and take it anywhere else”, would being able to sell those 20 slot bags help? The component to craft them is 10 gold (not even counting other mats) so they should fetch a good price, yes?

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

Ok. Just find that difficult to understand while chris is telling people not to go into detail.

(edited by nethykins.7986)

The New CDI Topics

Mikuchan.7261

When you hit best in slot, anything after that is for entertainment value.
And alot of that involves getting money for skins, legendaries, toys, more skins, more legendaries. Basically after BiS almost everything is about money.

I can sell orichalcum for money, so that’s a very bad example.
And yes, gold is the must-have currency and being able to sell 20 slot bags could indeed help. I’m not sure if that’s a good idea since it may easilly crush the price of 20-slot bags and make all other bags at all worthless to craft.

A better idea would be to actually balance the monetary and sellable loot rewards to actually fit the time it takes to do the fractals.

Frostgorge is a huge money generator and it has 0 difficulty.
Fractals, while easy if done right, has a very high difficulty in comparison, but gives you no actual value for your time.
ANet urges people to go to Frostgorge if they want money instead of doing the endgame content with actual difficulty and that’s quite wrong.

Higher skill requirement and higher time requirement should give more rewards.
Lesser skill requirement and lesser time requirement should give less rewards.
That should be the case even if you have BiS.
Furthermore the only BiS gear you get from fractals uniquely is a backslot, rings and bags.
But if you want ascended armor or weapons you better save up money and craft them.
If you want a legendary, sure the obsidian may help but after that there’s no reason to go fractals.
You can’t get ascended “earrings” or amulets from fractals. You gotta do achievements and guild missions for them.

I’m not against spreading the ways you get BiS gear around the entire game.
But I am against having miniscule rewards giving you no reason to do hard content.
The same goes for the Wurm.
“Wow, i got 3 green items and 3 champion bags for killing the wurm. I’m so happy…”
The kill was nice to get, sure, but now there’s no reason to return. Got my achievements, got my kill and the unique items aren’t my style.
If it was rewarding to do it, people would put much more effort into beating it and helping others to beat it.

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: derokk.7154

derokk.7154

Hello,

Here’s my two cent:

PVE: It would be very nice to help Casual player (like me) to be able to play fractal solo version. And also doing the same place over and over again tend to get boring. Farming is incredibly sad to do when you only have only 4 or 5 hours per week of game play… The fractal could also be a little less fighting and a little more puzzling (example: I once played the demo on Dungeon and Dragons online and in the tutorial there was a monster that you had to solve a puzzle to kill it, very nice thing)

Cheers

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: timmyf.1490

timmyf.1490

Ok. Just find that difficult to understand while chris is telling people not to go into detail.

I like that the topics are announced ahead of time, as it gives me some time to think about what I’d like to say ahead of the start of the discussion.

As far as people coming here, leaving a bunch of comments that don’t belong, and then going away… that’s been a hallmark of the CDI since the beginning… ;-)

Karaoke – Guild Leader – [MEGA] Super Mega Happy Fun Time
www.getunicorned.com / northernshiverpeaks.org

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Malchior.5042

Malchior.5042

Chris must have been so excited to post the topics that he forgot to lock the thread :P

Malchior Devenholm | Proud member of Zealots of Shiverpeak [ZoS] | Northern Shiverpeaks

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: nassaya.7109

nassaya.7109

I would like to have Fractal armor. My thoughts on this would utilize the Mystic Forge like the backpiece. One of my ideas about making a ascended fractal piece would use a exotic piece of armor for example Rabid stat armor and 1 ascanded ring (infused) a gift of ascension and a mist essence. This way you have use for the rings maybe even of the same stat for the rabid stat. The armors pieces can also be a drop just that there are more ways to get it. Just something i would like to share i realy like fractals with my guildies as a team and this is something i would like to work for.

Cheers.

Nassaya Shadowheart lvl. 80 Necro
Nassaya Fireheart lvl. 80 Ele
Far Shiverpeaks – Guardians of the Dutch [GOTD]

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Chris Whiteside.6102

Previous

Chris Whiteside.6102

Studio Design Director

Next

Folks please save you proposals, feedback and topic related discussion for when the threads actually open on Monday, or the CDI community may not see your posts.

I would hate to see your ideas get lost or missed.

Chris

Bump

Chris

Bump.

Chris

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Mirage.4536

Mirage.4536

Folks please save you proposals, feedback and topic related discussion for when the threads actually open on Monday, or the CDI community may not see your posts.

I would hate to see your ideas get lost or missed.

Chris

Bump

Chris

Bump.

Chris

First, thank you for this chance, looking forward to Monday.

Second, as around 75% of this thread is filled with suggestions that should not be in here maybe, if I may be so bold, a small edit of your first post where you change the date to bold letters and both begin and end the post with
" Do not under any circumstance post your suggestions in this thread as the CDI will start on Monday " also in bold. People only read the first sentences regarding that they can post suggestions and are so excited they start writing right away without reading through the thread or your post thoroughly.

Then all suggestions regarding the CDI itself can be seen clearly without having to go throw miles of unrelevant posts. ^^

Thanks for an awesome game!

The New CDI Topics

Posted by: Kuro Zetsumei.1397

Kuro Zetsumei.1397

not to sound like an ungreatful kitten , I really appreciate that you engage with the community, but I cannot help but say this. I want to add that I am aware this has to come from other departments, but you work in the same company no? confront them.

where is the topic on Charr armour? it really HAS to come, or at least some sort okittennowledgement(why does this get kittened? lol) that its being worked on, because currently its an insult to any Charr player on how much we are getting flipped off regarding any kind of new armour, almost NOTHING looks good on a Charr!

I’m really tired of being part of the group that always gets half kitten d work, look at the gorgeous art work you made of the Charr, how kitten they looked.. ingame.. not so much.. sure you can make them look decent.. but that’s only possible with loads of cultural because almost no dungeon armour looks good on them.

I apologise if I sounded rude in any shape or form, that was not my intention merely a bit annoyed at this point, feels like were being ignored completely.