The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

gg, Anet, no re.
So if I need one laurel to get my ascended weapon done I may end up wait for few more days, because you know… ascended crafting is not time-gated at all already.
Does anyone in Anet ever think how “a change” would affect the rest of the game? But from what I’ve seen for 2 years- nope..nobody is able to think. This is like 4th or 5th iteration of daily system, I never had issues with it until now.
If you really wanted to give us better rewards you could just add them to the existing system. But nooo, you have to make overly complicated system(not in the good way). And of course it’s not for our own good. All you care is the gem store, so you try so hard to make people log-in everyday and hope they see an item they want even if they don’t need it.
Thanks for making the game even more grindy.
Also I’m calling it now – chance to get laurels from BL chest!

Guess which game’s expansion I will buy?
(hint: not yours)

(edited by Bigsexy.8302)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Of course. After all, there will be no expansion to GW2.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Bigsexy.8302

Bigsexy.8302

Of course. After all, there will be no expansion to GW2.

It wouldn’t surprise me if they do some bug fixing and add basic features that are still missing since launch and wrap it as an XP.
They know well that the established playerbase of fanbois will keep playing no matter what. All they need to do is to throw 1 hour long “go here, click here and watch cutscenes” content every once in awhile.

Posted by: Gobble D Goop.4081

Gobble D Goop.4081

from what i have seen there are 2 daily achievements that can be done in a few minutes (cut 10 logs in kryta, visit one vista in ascalon) one medium length one (4 silverwaste events) and 1 longer/special achievement one (fractals or worm from yesterday). PvP is divided into 2 categories easy (50 rank points, capture a point) and specific wins (win with necro/guardian). WvW also has solo (spend 25 badges, capture 1 sentry point), zerg (capture tower), and whatever this should classify as (defend 1 point)

I completed it in roughly 10 minutes with the following:
*Queensdale-chopped down 3 trees near claypool (got lucky and one stayed up for the full 10): 3 minutes
*Black Citidel- Vista above the glass ceiling (near norther section): about a minute
*Borderlands- bought 5 flame rams: about 2 minutes (got 10 badges for doing this)

Habitual Warrior-Ranger
Gates Of Madness
Jewelcrafting to 500!

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

I feel like I should put it out there that if you feel as though you are being forced to do dailies, you may want to seek professional medical help as that is a sign of addiction, and that can ruin your life.

I want to be able to continue to play this game with you, and that can’t happen if your life spirals into the disease that is addiction.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Too soon to tell. I think each category needs more variety, and I think they’ll do that over time.

I didn’t feel like going to Silverwastes for 4 events (after doing 6 world bosses I like to do each day, which always used to get the dailies done for me, either by directly doing them or things around/near them), so I went to WvW and killed a sentry and secured the spot. Hadn’t done that in a really long time. That was fun.

Posted by: SHM.7628

SHM.7628

The dailies were never particularly challenging. They were always trivial, and far more grindy than they are now. If anything, they just took the grind out of it.

It used to be you’d get the daily done after doing a few rounds of what you normally do.
Kill Tequatl = daily done.
Do 1-2 dungeons = daily done.
Do 3-5 rounds of PvP = daily done.
Spend 30-60 min in WvW = daily done.
Champ train for 15-30 mins = daily done.

For most players this wasn’t grindy, because those activities were a part of their normal routine. When you waypointed to Splintered Coast you were going to accomplish something (kill a big dragon).

Now you’re waypointing to a level 1 area to gather carrots, and I presume they are not used to power the Vigil Megalaser.

I am sure it was like that for some but Underwater kills, kill variety, laurel vendor visiting, event mentoring, reviving, and others were all things I stopped doing what I wanted in order to complete.

Underwater kills, yeah I rarely got the done. But Kill variety, event mentoring, reviving were things that I would get done through normal game play. Laurel Vendor was usually a bonus for exp at the end of the day, while I was salvaging another bonus exp if it was up for the 10. Since I was in town banking and selling.

Most of the stuff that they had up for the dailies could be done just by going out doing your normal activities.

And now even though it’s only 3 of 4 in PvE, you have to go do certain things, in an area of their choosing. It’s not where you want to be at, be it if you are leveling up, or out farming mats, like it was before.

I loved the old dailies. Underwater killer was fun anyway. Often times you could do double or triple duty by doing say, Underwater killer ascalon killer and daily kills all at once. You don’t like that one ? NP, there were usually 6-8 options to chose from.

The funny part is that with a broken megaserver system (and laggy silverwastes/drytop) they decide to force larger numbers of people in small areas.

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

So you need significantly less time to get your laurels, and that’s somehow “more grindy”. Right.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Subdue.5479

Subdue.5479

To those who still cling to their whiny ways, I’d like for you to think about something:

Think about the various groups of players, what they enjoy and so on. I’ll give you some examples: PvPers, WvWers, Puzzle Jumpers!, Sit-around-LA-and-chatters, Dungeon Runners, and of course, yourselves, casual wander-around-the-mappers. How did these various groups fair under the old system? How do they fair under the new system?

Once you’ve given that some thought, is the tiny (and yes, requiring a 5 minute investment of your time is TINY) possible rise in the effort required of you not worth the massive benefit towards the more marginalized groups?

SHM.7628

To those who still cling to their whiny ways, I’d like for you to think about something:

Think about the various groups of players, what they enjoy and so on. I’ll give you some examples: PvPers, WvWers, Puzzle Jumpers!, Sit-around-LA-and-chatters, Dungeon Runners, and of course, yourselves, casual wander-around-the-mappers. How did these various groups fair under the old system? How do they fair under the new system?

Once you’ve given that some thought, is the tiny (and yes, requiring a 5 minute investment of your time is TINY) possible rise in the effort required of you not worth the massive benefit towards the more marginalized groups?

I think you (and some white knights blindly defending this) miss the issue. People could come in in before and get their dailies done with very little effort by doing what they wanted to do. Now they are being forced into other maps and get forced to do things they otherwise wouldn’t. It was enjoyable before/ now it isn’t.

Before If lets say i wanted to play a while in ascalon, np I could do that and simultaneously get the daily done. As opposed to now where I have to camp bosses, warp to other maps, do vistas, use the MF, PvP, WvW, etc.

How is that an improvement? (other than free AP) they broke something that was unbroken. frankly, the time could have been better spent fixing real issues.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Exactly what would you lose if you did not do the daily achievement period? It takes much less time to get 10 AP than it did before the update. AP is the only reward now for doing the 3 dailies as the laurels and random gem store items got moved to the daily login reward system. If you did not go out of your way before to get all of the AP prior to the update, it’s reasonable safe to assume that AP is not really that important to you. Especially that it seems a lot of people liked to casually play the game doing their own thing and get the AP as they played rather than do tasks that directly rewarded the AP.

If don’t care about the AP you get from doing the daily, why are you doing it? If you do care about the AP from the daily, why didn’t you farm them all before the update?

Doing the daily before the update would reward 5 AP as you did 5 achievements that awarded 1 AP each. Now, you can do 3 achievements and get 10 AP. You do a fraction of the achievements that you had to do before and quite a number of those achievements are actually easier and quicker to do than they were before.

That’s some pretty ridiculous black-and-white strawman you’ve got.

He got 5-8 with his “normal play”, and now that same normal play gets him 0. Are you really trying to tell him he has no right to complain about grind since he didn’t grind beyond his normal play before?

I think their complaint is basically “why don’t you see things the same way I do?” and “you are stupid for not seeing it my way”. I do not have anything against how they want to play, it is fine for them, not for me is all.

No. The intention of the daily system was to get players to experience other areas of the game. It’s certain players that refuse to move away from PvE even for achievements where you’d never have to fight another player.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

mtpelion.4562

Before If lets say i wanted to play a while in ascalon, np I could do that and simultaneously get the daily done. As opposed to now where I have to camp bosses, warp to other maps, do vistas, use the MF, PvP, WvW, etc.

How is that an improvement? (other than free AP) they broke something that was unbroken. frankly, the time could have been better spent fixing real issues.

I think you’re the one who is missing something here.
Dailies were not intended to be a “Login, Insert Reward” feature. They were intended to be the incentive for players to actually go out and do things.

The previous implementation failed miserably, because, as you have said, they were very simple to complete and happened naturally (requiring no effort).

This implementation actually rewards you for getting out of your rut and doing something you wouldn’t have normally done.

You don’t HAVE to do anything you don’t want to, these are just a carrot on a stick for people who are willing to do something they wouldn’t normally do.

If you really don’t want to do these things, DON’T!!!!!

Ayrilana.1396

Oh. I just did the daily (3 achievements) and finished it in 2.5 minutes. Such a grind and out of my way.

I did:

• Ascalon Vista
  • Krytan Gatherer
  • Badge of Honor Spender

I’m sure there may have been quicker ones. The PvP point capturer one would probably have been quicker than the lumber/gather one.

Good for you. Some people do not do WvW or PvP, so now they are supposed to feel like less of a player than you because they don’t want to do those areas? New players can get to (and survive) in Silverwastes to get the PvE daily for that to make their 3? No come back? Oh wait, that’s right, they don’t count because they have a different view than you do.

That, and new players might not have all of the areas explored where they can get to all the needed areas or even know how to get to the needed areas for that, while before, just doing the personal story stuff, or exploring the starter map their char is on now, they could have done the 5 dailies before without even knowing about it.

Why confine yourself to one area simply because they’re labeled as PvE achievements? You want more options when the other modes of the game have plenty. The focal point of the daily system was to get people to try new things. Many non-PvE achievements actually require less effort and time than the PvE achievements. If you want to pigeon-hole yourself to just PvE achievements then that’s your own prerogative but you can’t blame anyone else but yourself for being stubborn and not trying out the other achievements.

I have no interest in the other areas of the game, and I know that limits my choices, but that is my choice to make for myself. Once again, trying to force someone into another area of the game they do not want to play is not “more options” when taking away the options they did have in their chosen area of play is being done, it is still less options. I am not blaming anyone else but me for me not choosing to try other areas of the game I have no interest in, I am blaming Anet for totally kittening up what was the available options before in an effort to force people into other areas of the game.

Why should there be more option? The intent of the daily system was to get people to experience other areas of the game. What kind of achievement would it be if you got it simply by doing nothing than before. The dailies in GW1 had you go out of your way to do them. Others games are the same as well. Dailies were not intended for you to get simply by logging on and playing. That’s what the login rewards are for now.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/colin-johanson-on-guild-wars-2-in-the-months-ahead/

Posted by: Tree.3916

Tree.3916

One thing to keep in mind is that these changes have only been out for one day. I think is is ignorant of us to be so negative when our exposure to this new feature is quite low. Why not suppress the rage for a week so you can gain a little insight and take time to experience everything this patch has to offer?

Remember, take a step back, take a breath, it’s going to be ok.

DnT Apply today if you think you can hang with the best of the best
http://www.twitch.tv/tree_dnt || https://twitter.com/Tree_DnT
The meta is changing at an alarming rate!

Subdue.5479

I think you (and some white knights blindly defending this) miss the issue. People could come in in before and get their dailies done with very little effort by doing what they wanted to do. Now they are being forced into other maps and get forced to do things they otherwise wouldn’t. It was enjoyable before/ now it isn’t.

Which people?

AP Hunters? Nope.

PvPers? Nope.

WvWers? Nope.

Puzzle Jumpers? Nope.

La-Chatters? Nope.

Dungeon Runners? Nope.

There was only one group of people doing what you describe, the casual wander around the map aimlessly people. And for those people, it’s just a 5 minute or so increase on their time doing other things if they are unwilling to try new things. For all the other groups, they were already having to wander outside of their preferred zones, sometimes for several hours (In the case of AP hunters).

Posted by: Siltoneus.7138

Siltoneus.7138

Before: 10 achievements = 10 AP
Now: 3 achievements = 10 AP

Which one is better? Hmmm….

The achievements take 10 minutes at most to do enough for your daily. The only reward now for doing the daily is AP. If you didn’t care enough to go out of your way (even just a little) to get the other AP before the update, then why does the AP even matter now?

You completely miss the point. The point is that BEFORE the change, we got our Dailys done from normally playing the game. Gathering resources wherever we wanted, in whatever zone we wanted, completing events in whatever area we happened to be in. They weren’t a Checklist A,B,C,D that forced us to hop-skip and jump all over the frickn’ map. If I choose to gather resources, what should it matter that I do it in areas A,B and C and not in ANet’s chosen area X?

I could give a frick whether or not it takes me 2 minutes to get the new Daylie’s done. It’s forcing me out of what had been an organic, natural way to play to jump through ANet’s arbitrary approved checklist.

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

New new Dailys suck. Completely and utterly. I’m not going to waste 3 hours of my time on a kitten Fractal for a ONE PART of a frickn’ Daily achievement. I have a life, and 1-1 1/2 hours a day is should be MORE THAN ENOUGH time to get a frickn’ daily achievement.
Lets hope someone at ANet realizes what a kitten colossal screwup this is, and fixes it post-haste.

Have you actually tried the new daily system? You can do it in 10-15 minutes easy.
Claiming that it takes 3 hours to complete is an utter fabrication.

Try it before just making stuff up about it.

You better kitten belive I’ve done them. Hated every kitten minute of it. And as far as taking 3 hours, I could care less what YOU think, I know how much time it takes me to run one of those PITA Fractals. With a family, job, and kids, you better BELIEVE I know EXACTLY how long it takes.

I can only hope you’re trolling.

Why use the fractal achievement as an example when you can avoid it entirely? Go chop some lumber, trade in 25 badges for some siege weapon(s)…And finally, take a sentry or view a vista. 5-10minutes you’re done. Stop with the fabrications, please.

PS you sound kittened using caps to stress certain words.

Less kittened up than you do having an issue with someone who doesn’t choose to play the game or see things exactly the way you do.

I do have an issue with them when they make things up for their own agenda.

He didn’t even provide an opinion. He claims it takes hours to complete the daily achievements when in-fact it can be done in 5-10minutes. Excuse me for coming along and telling him that what he said is false.

(edited by Kagamiku.9731)

Subdue.5479

The achievements take 10 minutes at most to do enough for your daily. The only reward now for doing the daily is AP. If you didn’t care enough to go out of your way (even just a little) to get the other AP before the update, then why does the AP even matter now?

You completely miss the point. The point is that BEFORE the change, we got our Dailys done from normally playing the game. Gathering resources wherever we wanted, in whatever zone we wanted, completing events in whatever area we happened to be in. They weren’t a Checklist A,B,C,D that forced us to hop-skip and jump all over the frickn’ map. If I choose to gather resources, what should it matter that I do it in areas A,B and C and not in ANet’s chosen area X?

I could give a frick whether or not it takes me 2 minutes to get the new Daylie’s done. It’s forcing me out of what had been an organic, natural way to play to jump through ANet’s arbitrary approved checklist.

Again, WHO IS WE? There were plenty of people whose natural way to play does not involve wandering around the map aimlessly. AP Hunters, Dungeon Runners, PvPers, WvWers… etc These people were already having to move around to get the dailies, and previously they had to spend more than a few minutes out of their preferred zones. You wander-about-aimlessly folks are getting a tiny, practically incomparable taste of what has just been the norm for many others.

Ayrilana.1396

You’re missing the point that the intention of the dailies was to get players to experience other areas of the game. If you want rewards for simply playing the game as normal well you’re in luck because you get rewards for simply logging in. If you want AP, you only have to do 3 easy and quick achievements and you get 10 AP. That’s all that you get from daily achievements other than the specific rewards tied to each.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Which people?

AP Hunters? Nope.

PvPers? Nope.

WvWers? Nope.

Puzzle Jumpers? Nope.

La-Chatters? Nope.

Dungeon Runners? Nope.

There was only one group of people doing what you describe, the casual wander around the map aimlessly people. And for those people, it’s just a 5 minute or so increase on their time doing other things if they are unwilling to try new things. For all the other groups, they were already having to wander outside of their preferred zones, sometimes for several hours (In the case of AP hunters).

Yeah, it doesn’t seem bad at all. If I don’t feel like working on one of my low level characters, I will usually just login and do 6 world bosses I enjoy and get dailies done while I’m doing them and the ‘in between’ times, as I don’t do ‘every’ boss and ‘usually’ have a full half hour between bosses (save the FE/Shat/Wurm string that will sometimes pop up).

Today, I ran East after kitten and picked up a vista with my Warrior. Before SB, my Thief found a few trees to log. And I wasn’t super excited about doing events in Silverwastes, so I popped into WvW with my main (Elementalist) and went and took a sentry, which I haven’t done in probably over a year, and it was kinda fun.

So really my only wee bit of sadness is just wanting more variety per category. Hopefully, they twist in some variations on the old ones, too. Like, underwater fighting, which I kinda enjoy, but don’t really have any reason to ‘nudge’ me to do that (unless I’m doing the old Champ train in FG), save that old underwater daily.

But at least in my case, doing my favorite 6 world bosses each day, it seems like it won’t be a huge change, as those are scattered about the world and hopefully there will be something to do in each of those areas.

I will miss the 12-15 puzzles I set aside as ‘relatively easy’ and doing those each month. Yes, I could go and do them whenever I want, but I’m just a ‘To Do’ list type person, and if no one points me in that direction, I might not otherwise do it. Maybe they’ll add a daily option at some point that is to do a puzzle in a certain region (like Ascalon, or something like that).

Summary: Too soon to tell, but probably needs more choices per category each day.

mtpelion.4562

Before the change, dailies, by your own admission, were broken since they did not incentivize you to do things you didn’t normally do.

After the change, you now have to do non-normal things in order to get some chests and AP. If you don’t want the chests and AP, you don’t have to do anything.

Subdue.5479

Whiner: The new dailies suck!!!!!!

Whiteknight: You get more rewards for doing less…

Whiner: It’s not about the reward! OMFG It’s about FREEDOM. They’re making me follow their agenda. FIGHT THE POWER!

Whiteknight: So don’t do the dailies.

Whiner: But then I won’t get the rewards… :’(

Posted by: moiraine.2753

moiraine.2753

Whiner: It’s not about the reward! OMFG It’s about FREEDOM. They’re making me follow their agenda. FIGHT THE POWER!

xexexexe you said it perfectly

TxS – Tequatl Slayer Alliance (EU)

Posted by: Kagamiku.9731

Kagamiku.9731

gg, Anet, no re.
So if I need one laurel to get my ascended weapon done I may end up wait for few more days,

Wintersday dailies provides a laurel.

That’s one problem solved.

Posted by: Gibson.4036

Gibson.4036

It makes the game less immersive, more checklisty. The dailies have bounced back and forth between this over a couple of revamps since launch.

There are times when we can say, “Don’t worry, just play the game and you’ll get your dailies.” Other times, “If you don’t like the chore list, just ignore the dailies.”

This change has brought us back to the latter. If I want to get my PvE dailies, I’ve got to make sure I’m chopping down trees in a particular region?

Yeah. That’s engaging game design.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

So…. pointing out that choice is still an option and using some general logic pertaining to the issue at hand makes people white knights?

White Knights Unite [QQ] now recruiting….

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

SHM.7628

Which people?

AP Hunters? Nope.

PvPers? Nope.

WvWers? Nope.

Puzzle Jumpers? Nope.

La-Chatters? Nope.

Dungeon Runners? Nope.

Untrue, Some people don’t like to go outside of PVE. I’m in that catagory. I’ve leveled 10 toons myself doing plenty of content. Would you call that casual? ) Perhaps I am compared to some hardcore players)

I go all over the map. However, i don’t like being directed around here or there. I wanna play how I want. I want options. I don’t want to be forced to do what i don’t want to do. Remember play how you like? It’s about choice. I doubt I’ll change your mind, so I’ll leave it at that.

(edited by SHM.7628)

Posted by: JefTheReaper.1075

JefTheReaper.1075

I dislike the new daily, Can’t say if I like the reward as I’m not there yet,

this new daily system forces me to go out of my way for anything,
first using my lvl80 to go slay a world boss, then switch to a lower level to force myself to go to a area I have not discovered yet, Try to survive the mobs that a a few levels higher all to look for a vista, then use another character to do another thing,

with the previous system I was able to at least complete my daily while I was leveling up my lower level characters, now I have to waist time switching characters to do more difficult tasks/time related tasks to get my daily, I’m even considering not trying to do them at all up untill I get ever char up to level 80 as I really don’t feel doing all that junk,
it was a lot easier to just “kill X” amount of enemy’s, recycle, gather and do events every day, it was the motivation to still do events, gather things and recycle as it was double the reward.

Not to mention I only stay in the PvE boat, so if I happen to get at least 2 things I can’t do, my daily is pretty much blown away for that day.

Ayrilana.1396

Which people?

AP Hunters? Nope.

PvPers? Nope.

WvWers? Nope.

Puzzle Jumpers? Nope.

La-Chatters? Nope.

Dungeon Runners? Nope.

Untrue, Some people don’t like to go outside of PVE. I’m in that catagory. I’ve leveled 10 toons myself doing plenty of content. Would you call that casual? ) Perhaps I am compared to some hardcore players)

I go all over the map. However, i don’t like being directed around here or there. I wanna play how I want. I want options and I don’t want to do what i don’t want to do. remember play how you like. It’s about choice. I doubt I’ll change your mind, so I’ll leave it at that.

Well luckily all of the rewards from before, other than AP, are tied to simply logging in. You can still play how you want.

Siltoneus.7138

You’re missing the point that the intention of the dailies was to get players to experience other areas of the game. If you want rewards for simply playing the game as normal well you’re in luck because you get rewards for simply logging in. If you want AP, you only have to do 3 easy and quick achievements and you get 10 AP. That’s all that you get from daily achievements other than the specific rewards tied to each.

Of my 7 (8? can’t remember) toons, I have map completion at upwards of 90%. How is limiting my choices such that I have to revisit a Vista I’ve already been to getting me to “experience (ing) other areas of the game”? Am I “experience (ing) other areas of the game” by harvesting resources in ANet’s chosen Map X (that I’ve already completed), instead of Map A, B or C that I might still be working on? I don’t think so. Am I “experience (ing) other areas of the game” by zapping a lv80 toon into a newbie area (that I’ve completed), destroying the Boss, and zapping back out again? Again, no.

As I’ve read this thread from top top bottom, I think some of the changes are interesting and worth a chance. That said, the limitation of choice is not copacetic, and I think you’ll find that the majority of the grief is over the limitation of choice, forcing us to play ANet’s checklist, not from anti-change zealots.

SHM.7628

Which people?

AP Hunters? Nope.

PvPers? Nope.

WvWers? Nope.

Puzzle Jumpers? Nope.

La-Chatters? Nope.

Dungeon Runners? Nope.

I go all over the map. However, i don’t like being directed around here or there. I wanna play how I want. I want options and I don’t want to do what i don’t want to do. remember play how you like. It’s about choice. I doubt I’ll change your mind, so I’ll leave it at that.

Well luckily all of the rewards from before, other than AP, are tied to simply logging in. You can still play how you want.

If they wanna add AP to the list then I’ll skip it entirely. However, I liked doing my daily, it was one of the enjoyable things left in GW2.

The whole Idea of rewarding log in (as opposed to rewarding fun play) is beyond me anyway. I can kill a million mobs and get crap loot. Same for opening chests. Where did this mentality come from?

Carighan.6758

And you’re completely missing the part where you get the rewards even more how you want to play now, because you get them upon logging in?
Before, had to do stuff for dailies. Now you don’t, you still get the rewards. It was forcing you to do something before, now it isn’t. Improvement, right?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Sinope.5630

Sinope.5630

I LIKE new dailies and new Log-in rewards

ArenaNet did well to change these dailies and giving us log-in rewards. Even one part of the dailies will give to players rewards. That is nice change. If I don’t want to do Achievement points, but I want some xp and nice stuff, I just do couple easy dailies.

I think this might be good change to those too, who are Achievement Pointholics too. They don’t need to do much to get at least 10 Achevement Points. I have to admit, that I am not Achievement Pointholic, but I am altholic nonetheless. That means I have multiple accounts. So it is pointless to gather Achievement points to every account. This daily type is ideal to me

I love you ArenaNet, you did really great change now. Thank you for this update

Oh, now I have to rush to have fun in Wintersday activities

Season’s Greetings to all ArenaNet employees and for your families.

(Sorry about my bad English, but it is not my native language).

Siltoneus.7138

Before the change, dailies, by your own admission, were broken since they did not incentivize you to do things you didn’t normally do.

After the change, you now have to do non-normal things in order to get some chests and AP. If you don’t want the chests and AP, you don’t have to do anything.

No, what the Dailies did before was incentivize the players to play the game, and gain rewards from playing it their own way (reviving here, harvesting there, participating over here, etc..) Now what ANet has done is change that to a handout for logging in (which may or may not be good), and making you jump through an approved highly restrictive list of ANet checklist tasks. Now it’s “Waypoint here, to do # of A,B,C. Now you have to Waypoint there to do # of D,E,F.” Seen this Vista before? ANet’s answer now is "Tough, see it again and “experience something new”"

Ayrilana.1396

Of my 7 (8? can’t remember) toons, I have map completion at upwards of 90%. How is limiting my choices such that I have to revisit a Vista I’ve already been to getting me to “experience (ing) other areas of the game”? Am I “experience (ing) other areas of the game” by harvesting resources in ANet’s chosen Map X (that I’ve already completed), instead of Map A, B or C that I might still be working on? I don’t think so. Am I “experience (ing) other areas of the game” by zapping a lv80 toon into a newbie area (that I’ve completed), destroying the Boss, and zapping back out again? Again, no.

As I’ve read this thread from top top bottom, I think some of the changes are interesting and worth a chance. That said, the limitation of choice is not copacetic, and I think you’ll find that the majority of the grief is over the limitation of choice, forcing us to play ANet’s checklist, not from anti-change zealots.

Not all of the achievements will be “new” for everyone. Someone that PvP’s on their Mesmer everyday will not find a PvP achievement involving Mesmer as new. Someone that has been farming Silverwastes the past month, and still plans to farm it more to get parts/crests, will not find anything new.

SHM.7628

And you’re completely missing the part where you get the rewards even more how you want to play now, because you get them upon logging in?
Before, had to do stuff for dailies. Now you don’t, you still get the rewards. It was forcing you to do something before, now it isn’t. Improvement, right?

I argue it is not. I never asked for log in rewards. Rewards should come from killing mobs, beating bosses and opening chests. In other words play how you want and get properly rewarded.

Posted by: Aedelric.1287

Aedelric.1287

The new dailies seemed like a good concept, but then I logged in and instantly disliked it. The who point of dailies is an incentive for players to log on and do a little bit of playing to attain something. The lack of choice just makes players less likely to do them, Arena Net needs to get on this.

After a fourth public iteration of dailies, it boggles the mind that Arena Net have not managed to perfect it yet.

“I am Evon Gnashblade and this message is acceptable to me.”

mtpelion.4562

No, what the Dailies did before was incentivize the players to play the game, and gain rewards from playing it their own way (reviving here, harvesting there, participating over here, etc..) Now what ANet has done is change that to a handout for logging in (which may or may not be good), and making you jump through an approved highly restrictive list of ANet checklist tasks. Now it’s “Waypoint here, to do # of A,B,C. Now you have to Waypoint there to do # of D,E,F.” Seen this Vista before? ANet’s answer now is "Tough, see it again and “experience something new”"

Do you not see the absurdity of claiming that dailies incentivized people to do things that they were already doing?

They don’t want you to get rewards for doing what you always do. They want you to have to do something beyond that to get extra rewards.

The enjoyment of doing things you enjoy is the incentive for doing things you enjoy. It’s things that you don’t enjoy that need an incentive added.

mtpelion.4562

I argue it is not. I never asked for log in rewards. Rewards should come from killing mobs, beating bosses and opening chests. In other words play how you want and get properly rewarded.

You already get rewards for killing mobs, beating bosses, and opening chests. Now you can also get some extra rewards for doing a few specific things.

Carighan.6758

So wait, you said “play how you want”, and then you cite “killing mobs, beating bosses, opening chests”.
Which of the two? Play how I want and still get the rewards, or do specific things which I may not want to do, like you listed?

Posted by: Alone.1784

Alone.1784

I agree I think these are worse then before. I used to be able to jump into EOTM for half an hour and actual enjoy myself while getting my events, leveler, gatherer, defender or kills, and use my bags for the recycler.

Yesterday I had to way point to two different spots to grab a vista and then gather some plants.

EOTM is pretty much the only thing I enjoy in this game anymore so taking that away from the daily rewards just encourages me to stop playing all together which means no log in, which means no store viewing, which means no purchases which I know is ANETs ultimate goal.

Ayrilana.1396

I agree I think these are worse then before. I used to be able to jump into EOTM for half an hour and actual enjoy myself while getting my events, leveler, gatherer, defender or kills, and use my bags for the recycler.

Yesterday I had to way point to two different spots to grab a vista and then gather some plants.

EOTM is pretty much the only thing I enjoy in this game anymore so taking that away from the daily rewards just encourages me to stop playing all together which means no log in, which means no store viewing, which means no purchases which I know is ANETs ultimate goal.

What rewards are you losing out on though? Everything but AP is now tied to simply logging in. You can still play in EotM and get your rewards.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

People keep saying the old achievements could be completed without doing anything out of the ordinary most of the time. I agree. For which you were awarded with achievement points, If you’re not actually doing anything to be rewarded achievement points, why should you get achievement points. Before they were meaningless.

Anet separated the achievement (meager though it is) out of the rest of the loot and they’re providing that loot for just logging in. Only achievement point hunters really need be concerned and to be honest, they should actually do something for those points.

However, it’s a lot less work now to get 10 points than it was before the update, so even achievement point seekers should be happy.

I actually didn’t think the dailies could always be done without going out of the way. There were a lot of occasions where I had to resort to salvager/dodge hylek darts just to finish the daily because the rest was too tedious.

And yes, I don’t think you should be rewarded for not doing anything or expect it to be on your own terms unless it is a big part of the game. The game has tons of achievements involving dungeons and fractals of which I have absolutely no interest, so I don’t do them. Same goes here. I have zero expectation that the game should change just because it wants me to do stuff I don’t want to do.

gg, Anet, no re.
So if I need one laurel to get my ascended weapon done I may end up wait for few more days, because you know… ascended crafting is not time-gated at all already.
Does anyone in Anet ever think how “a change” would affect the rest of the game? But from what I’ve seen for 2 years- nope..nobody is able to think. This is like 4th or 5th iteration of daily system, I never had issues with it until now.
If you really wanted to give us better rewards you could just add them to the existing system. But nooo, you have to make overly complicated system(not in the good way). And of course it’s not for our own good. All you care is the gem store, so you try so hard to make people log-in everyday and hope they see an item they want even if they don’t need it.
Also I’m calling it now – chance to get laurels from BL chest!

Laurels were always time gated and now not connected to dailies— you get them by logging in. I don’t get what you’re getting at.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

SHM.7628

So wait, you said “play how you want”, and then you cite “killing mobs, beating bosses, opening chests”.
Which of the two? Play how I want and still get the rewards, or do specific things which I may not want to do, like you listed?

those are examples of how I like to play. You may wanna do different things than me.

Carighan.6758

Yes, but there’s nothing stopping you from doing that under the new system. Go and kill 50 mobs, gather 25 items, etc. At the end of the day (or rather, month), you got your laurels and luck and coins. Tuhdaaaaaaah.

Siltoneus.7138

Do you not see the absurdity of claiming that dailies incentivized people to do things that they were already doing?

You see, I see the purpose of the old Daily system as a means for ANet to encourage gameplay. I would much rather see a full map with people playing the area as it’s meant to be played (organically if you will) than to have a map where all of the sudden I get a game requests to keep changing maps because I’ve got a bunch of people rushing my map to gather # of resource Y.

They don’t want you to get rewards for doing what you always do. They want you to have to do something beyond that to get extra rewards.

I disagree with this new concept of Dailies thus my concern and attention. There is no useful purpose in tasking me to see a Vista I’ve already seen. I can see any Vista in the game in probably less than 2 minutes, if I choose. I don’t so choose, because it’s a stupid, asinine waste of time. It does nothing to promote gameplay, or interactivity. It’s a checklist task that annoys people. If they are going to reward me for playing the game, then that reward needs to be because I play the game, not for jumping through their hoops to mark off checkmark 3 of their 4 mark checklist. And to be honest, not for simply logging into the game for no reason other than getting a Laurel. What kind of incentivizing is that? Pathetic is what.

The enjoyment of doing things you enjoy is the incentive for doing things you enjoy. It’s things that you don’t enjoy that need an incentive added.

I agree to a point. What I got with the old system was a way to do what I wanted to do, and be rewarded for going just a little farther than what I wanted to. In the past it was “humm… I’m 20 kills from completing my daily, lets see what I can do to finish that off.” Or “I’m 3 Revives from finishing the daily, lets knock it out real quick by hitting Cursed Shores and knocking out a few events.” Now I’m given a specific, exact list of tasks that have to be completed. To that I say frick off ANet. I’m done when I’m done, and the hell with your exact list. I suspect it will results in less people playing the game, and less interaction (other than by the Min-Maxers).

Subdue.5479

those are examples of how I like to play. You may wanna do different things than me.

What if I just want to PvP for an hour a day? Would my hour be rewarded less than yours? What if I only like doing fractals? Should I just not get daily rewards? It is very rare under the old system to complete even five dailies in a fractal run.

Why should the dailies be structured around what YOU want to do at the expense of others instead of quick and easy but requiring a tiny amount of additional effort from everyone?

Posted by: Mishette.5891

Mishette.5891

Not being a fan of PvP, WvW, I am limited as to what dailies I can do. Silverwastes area is new to me so no idea what I’m doing there and I’ve never done a Fractal. To go from a lot of PvE choices to almost none is making me second think my returning to the game.

Posted by: Dennis.6952

Dennis.6952

Okay, when I saw the dailies changed I was annoyed. Generally I jump in game for about 40 minutes and get the dailies and log off. A buddy I play with is deployed so I play solo

Played through 2 of the 3 PVE quests and was done i no time. Figured I’d try the last one in Silverwastes (had never been there), so I had to Google it and find out where it;s located.

Played there and had a ball. I’d have never gone to that area if this change was not instituted. So, while I am plesed with the change so far, I’m not passing judgement on this change until I play a few more days and see if I can do the dailies with my characters.

The one question I have ( since I have six level 80 toons going to an area like Silverwastes ins not a problem, but what about new players with lower level characters?

Would be nice if they added another couple of PVE options for the dailies sine so many of us play just for the PVE content and not WvW, PvP or Dungeons or Fractals.

Posted by: LadyRhonwyn.2501

LadyRhonwyn.2501

No one’s complaining about the WvW/PVP dailies. No one’s complaining about the rewards. They’re all great changes. I love it. It’s Anet making the PVE dailies specific that people are complaining about. Suprise, these are the people that are working towards map completion.

You’re right. I can choose to simply ignore it and not reap the rewards. I just wont bother porting to QD, a map that I already have 100% completion. Forget going to someplace far east to view a vista right?

But get this! What if we can work on map completion in a new area AND do dailies at the same time?! Oh look, an event has just started. Oh look, there’s a vista nearby. A shiny rock, nice! I’m progressing while getting rewards. How great is that?

This is mostly my problem with those new dailies. I don’t mind visiting a vista, I don’t mind logging a few trees, I don’t mind doing 4 events (I do mind going through 4 fractals lvl11-20, especially as I never have the time to do 4 in a row, which is why I am only at lvl5 or so, but that’s a different story altogether). But I do mind that in order to visit that vista, I have to leave the area I’m mapping (which was Kessex, so the trees were no problem) and in order to get the events I had to completely go to another character, bring that character to Silverwastes and do the events there (surprise to some, maybe, but not everybody has a character actively in that area).

With the previous daily setup, I often ignored those dailies that required me to go to a specific area (kill x foes in y kind of dailies), and I could, as there were other dailies to finish the required 5 for the item rewards (unless naturally, I was already in area y).