The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Claudius.5381

Claudius.5381

Like today, Fractals and Exotics. No time for a fractal, no money to level up anything to craft an exotic, and forgive me for not giving a flying flip about either.

To craft an exotic the easy way:

1. One character should learn the artificing craft (level 0 is sufficient).

2. Have some essences of luck (2 rare OR 4 master OR 20 fine).

3. Craft one exotic essence of luck.

Easy and very, very cheap. Your reward is 3 globs of ectoplasm, at the time of writing more than 1 gold worth.

And here a suggestion to the general topic:

Add a fourth kind of dailies: “General”.

There are to be four general achievements which can be done every day, like daily dodger, daily kills, daily aoe (joke) and so on. They should be achievable in any game mode.

These general achievements have no reward but they count for the daily achievement points.

This way, people can get their achievement points without going out of their way and get EXACTLY the same as earlier (only easier). Ok, that is not true: they get 10 AP instead of 5.

The other achievements are for those who like to do them as a challenge and/or for the reward.

Edit: Sorry, just read Lishtenbird’s post who suggested more or less the same…

(edited by Claudius.5381)

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Those chests are a one-shot deal, remember? Laurels can be used over and over for materials, if I’m not mistaken.

No. The same laurels cannot be reused for materials. You need to get new ones. Exactly like with APs and chests.

And technically (to respond to an earlier posts) APs are also timegated (though in a different way) – you can’t get now APs for historical achievements, for example.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

What I get from this post is that lots of players were doing (or not doing) dailies for a bunch of different reasons. Depending on why you did them, this change shifted your enjoyment (or lack of).

What I don’t get, what I never get with ANet changes… why not leave the old option when adding a new one? Let the PVE track have as many picks as it use to have, with the extras coming from the old mix. If you want to do the 3 quick specific ones – go do those. If you likes the slower, more generic ones – continue to do those.

Everyone happy!

Recent ANet changes always seem to needlessly rip out old stuff folks were enjoying. Traits, Greatest Fear… they all follow this pattern…

Most top-level decisions are made by non-gamers. Until that changes, games will suck, period.

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

I dont like it, doesnt really surprise me. Lately they make a lot of crap decisions imo.

I agree… this new daily system really blows and almost as badly as the new trait system. Oh well I was spending too much $$ in the gem store anyways.

time to find a replacement for gw2

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Those chests are a one-shot deal, remember? Laurels can be used over and over for materials, if I’m not mistaken.

No. The same laurels cannot be reused for materials. You need to get new ones. Exactly like with APs and chests.

You’re . . . not quite getting what I said. If I get the AP chest for 1000 AP, then I can’t get that chest again. I would need to earn the next chest. These are one-time awards.

If I use a Laurel to buy a bag of crafting materials, I would have to earn another Laurel but I have less to do to earn one than to get the next AP chest.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379

The reason people are so fundamentally unahppy with this is the following:
- the game is 2 years old and people have figured out what they like and don’t like. I don’t need to be hand-held to gather plants somewhere remote, or pvp as a ranger. I’ve done those things already and decided for myself that I didn’t care for them
- If you look at the first reviews of the game you will see how a lot of industry vets really really appreciated the freedom and the sense of exploration the game offered. This concious design decision that, admittedly, alienated a few people, was also what made the game unique and fun to a lot of others. Anet has been backtracking on this ever since with the NPE and now this: “play how you like” is no longer rewarded, “go x and do y”, and that is a complete contradiction to the original design decision of the game.

Brilliant.

ditto

but I also want to add that the new system seems to try and micromanage how I spend my gaming time making it a chore instead of something that is fun. Before you could just go play and get most of the dailies completed, now its a pain in the butt and not player friendly.

(edited by Diabolus Anur Kaya.8379)

Posted by: Exeon.4358

Exeon.4358

Wow people are really defending this change… I didn’t realize the game had sunk so low that something like this is actually defensible….

So you just assumed 100% of the GW2 players would think the same thing you do?

Previously the dailies could be a big grind, and sometimes you couldn’t get your chest if you only do 1 type of thing in the game + the grind for AP wasn’t fun either.

Now the change gives more rewards and makes it possible to get your chest with either PVE, PvP or WvW, while getting the full 10+ AP.

The downside is that some of the dailies (PvP and PvE) are rather stupidly designed, in PvP class dailies on a class you don’t have is bad, while in PvE things like do 4 events in X place isn’t great either, but on the upside some unvisited areas you never go to unless you are doing world explorer are now “some days” more crowded which is a good thing imo

Instead of just being surprised about people not agreeing you should state why you hate it, as for me i think the upsides far outweigh the downsides

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

You’re . . . not quite getting what I said. If I get the AP chest for 1000 AP, then I can’t get that chest again. I would need to earn the next chest. These are one-time awards.

Nope, they keep repeating on a constant pattern. There is no chest you won’t eventually get again if you keep earning AP – there are only 4 different kinds. You need to earn (“pay”) 500 AP to get an achievement chest (or better). You need to earn 1000 AP to get a large chest (or better). You need to earn 2500 ap to get a heavy chest (or better), and you get a massive chest for each 5000 ap earned.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Bilacus.6104

Bilacus.6104

Today you have to do fractals for the PvE daily. That’s the first time in the history of this game I won’t be completing my daily.
I fail to see how fractals or killing the triple-headed wurm on a Wednesday evening is easier, or “more in line with what players are already doing” than killing ambients, veterans or dodging.

One man’s clever sig is most likely another man’s property.
And you may quote me on that.

Posted by: pyxell.4907

pyxell.4907

I’m in agreement with this thread. I don’t understand why you are punishing PVE players. I have no desire to do WvW or PvP or Fractals, and yet you seem to think that adding fractals to pve options would be a good idea….. Do you want people to stop playing? Is that your objective? Give us more pve options to do dailies please.

Vile Nightshade 80 Necromancer
Scarlet Fairwood 80 Ranger
I intend to live forever! So far, so good!

Posted by: Spook.5847

Spook.5847

Today you have to do fractals for the PvE daily. That’s the first time in the history of this game I won’t be completing my daily.
I fail to see how fractals or killing the triple-headed wurm on a Wednesday evening is easier, or “more in line with what players are already doing” than killing ambients, veterans or dodging.

Same here (that is, for those days I have had the game, and played it).

Forcing us to do fractals for PVE is grossly unfair, but forcing it on us TWICE on the same day goes beyond that into plain stupidity.

I tried doing that fractal junk exactly ONCE. Hated every second of it, and wont ever do that, or WvW again.

Just looks like they are gating and gating and gating with every change (although I really DO like the change in crafting menus).

I cant wait for something even remotely acceptable to come out so I can leave. The fanbois can play this sucker till the servers shut down.

Posted by: Elliyana.8936

Elliyana.8936

Same with me, kind of disappointed.
Hopefully it’s possible to have these two dailies never meet on the same day.

(edited by Elliyana.8936)

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Yeah, if you want to know just how stupidly the new Dailies were designed look no further than today’s choice for PvEers: Daily Fractal and Daily Scale 1-10 Fractal, so to complete the PvE Daily you have to do a Fractal run. Way to go! Maybe I will rather choose the WvW Daily then. At least there I can choose if I want to successfully capture a tower or a keep. -.-
“Play as we want you to play” as opposed to “play how you want to play”. Enough is enough.

(edited by Locce.8405)

Posted by: OrcasWorld.3271

OrcasWorld.3271

I must agree: I HATE Fractals. I’ve done them, I don’t like them, and I won’t do them again. I’ve been doing dailies regularly, but I won’t complete mine today.

It’s one thing to stupidly require high-level activities for those who don’t want to play those zones—at least yesterday and today that is not a problem, but I’m not going to believe you’ve addressed that issue until I see more of the pattern.

But requiring Fractals is simply asinine, and will serve no purpose other than to thoroughly torque off those who are strictly PvE’ers. Count me among them.

This pie-in-the-face is somehow a fitting conclusion to ANet’s 2014 campaign against players.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Two daily fractals where there should be none.
Stop questioning why there are 27 pages to this thread so far.

Posted by: Vanth.5439

Vanth.5439

The new daily system is not bad per se, it’s just the choices we have that are appallingly stupid… if we’re going to be stuck with this kind of system, please give us more choices (like 6 instead of 4 every category) so we can at least choose what to do, instead of being “my way or the highway” like it is now -_-

Today’s choice for pve players is fractals, fractals and more fractals… bah.

Posted by: Traced.3495

Traced.3495

…Thinking about it more, I really have a problem with daily AP being behind way too restricted system.

So maybe daily achievement in three tiers. 1 tier, 1 AP, second, 3 AP, third, the last 6 AP, if it really is necessary to do some restricting of AP. Because it really looks to me that this change was done with AP hunters in mind for some reason.

Also more options at least for PvE and I leave the other game modes to the players of those.

…I don’t know.

edit: corrected maths

let the sky fall

(edited by Traced.3495)

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

Ok. Now it’s my ox being gored. Two fractals in the same daily set?? Really? Two out of the 4 choices are the same choice?

Please fix this mess.

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Ok. Now it’s my ox being gored. Two fractals in the same daily set?? Really? Two out of the 4 choices are the same choice?

Please fix this mess.

Totally agree. As someone who would rather do anything than waste time in fractals (chances of me finishing three in a row to go up a level, zero), having two out of four for that rubbish place just feels a bit to much like a none too subtle push.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Mala.3861

Mala.3861

I have let time pass as I adjusted to the new Daily system. At first I was not really happy because, well, I just don’t like changes, I admit it. But as the days went by I thought this wasn’t bad at all and have been ok with the new dailies.

Until today. Today, 2 of the 4 PVE dailies are related to fractals. I don’t do fractals. So, today for the first time in a very long time I will not be completing my daily unless I force myself to do something that I do not wish to do.

I hope someone is still reading this thread after all this time because this is exactly the thing I feared when the change went in. Never should 2 of the 4 choices be tied to something such as fractals. Or, add more choices so we can get the Completionist without being forced into something we don’t want to do.

Posted by: LA GW.6753

LA GW.6753

Two daily fractals where there should be none.
Stop questioning why there are 27 pages to this thread so far.

So much this. TWO PVE ACTIVITIES OF FOUR TODAY, CHRISTMAS DAY, ARE FRACTALS. If you are like me and do not do Fractals and will not do PvP or WvW, this completely screws your daily achievement.

kitten YOU ANET. I WILL NOT BE FORCED INTO CONTENT I DO NOT WANT TO DO.

Now stop kittenting up your game for some wonky ‘juke the metrics’ BULLkitten and GIVE US OUR kittenING OPTIONS BACK!

PvE should ALWAYS have 8 DIFFERENT things to choose from. How many PvP and WvW have I could care less. Give them 8 too if you can make them up, or leave them alone as-is.

Posted by: Fudge.9527

Fudge.9527

I play WvW, PvE and sPvP and I enjoy the new dailies, I can hop into any game-mode that I want, earn an easy 10 AP and get better bonuses than the previous system.

However, having 2 out of 4 PvE dailies require a fractal run is dumb, I’ve always been able to complete the dailies without setting foot inside of a dungeon. I will just do the spvp daily instead but I feel today’s choices were too restrictive for the players that don’t enjoy pvp.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Please fix this mess.

Totally agree. As someone who would rather do anything than waste time in fractals (chances of me finishing three in a row to go up a level, zero), having two out of four for that rubbish place just feels a bit to much like a none too subtle push.

It’s a teething problem with the rotation. I would be surprised if it were intended. The fact that there are issues with the details of the system doesn’t mean the system itself is bad.

Also, you only have to do a single fractal for the Daily Fractal one, rather than 3 in a row.

Posted by: Locce.8405

Locce.8405

Also, you only have to do a single fractal for the Daily Fractal one, rather than 3 in a row.

And since you do not get a fractal level-up or the at least semi-interesting reward chest from a completed fractal run you do this one fractal just “to get it over with” for the Daily, highlighting the problem with this more specific and thus more restricting Daily system.
There is just no way to incorporate just one fractal into your daily schedule without having to go out of your way just for the sake of the 10 AP.

Posted by: Lakanna.2073

Lakanna.2073

Another one who won’t be getting the daily completionist today because of the double Fractals. I got 2 of the 3, then had a choice: Do a game mode I really hate just for the daily, or log out. The fact that players are on th forums complaining instead of in the game playing should be a clue. The dailies need to be expanded to a few more choices each,.

What happened to “play your way?”

“entitled”: Ad Hominem fallacy condensed to a single word.

Posted by: Filaha.1678

Filaha.1678

The fact that players are on th forums complaining instead of in the game playing should be a clue.

Players are also in the game playing instead of being on the forums complaining.

I wonder which has more.

Posted by: Anyandrell.6238

Anyandrell.6238

Or they do both, playing and complaining on forums.

Posted by: Steele.8230

Steele.8230

Just want you to know that I hate the changes you have made to the daily. I have been playing a while now and have 9 characters 5 of which are 80s. I hate what you have done with the daily because 1. You almost always have to use an 80 character to get the daily because a lower character usually doesn’t have all the areas that you need to go to complete it. 2. I’m not into pvp or part of a team so I don’t like being forced into working with other people when I have an unusual schedule to complete the daily by doing fractals. 3. today’s requirements include 2 of the five to be doing fractals. So I can’t even begin to complete 3 because there is another that only completes if you do 3 of the others and that would require a fractal. I understand you have team competitions coming up for world championships and just had one. That’s really cool for those that like that but there are a lot of us that don’t play on teams and have fun playing with 1 person or by ourselves and just roleplaying. If the game is going to evolve into forced team playing and pvp then I will no longer be one of your players and I have dumped a lot of money into the game because I was having fun but if I’m going to become a 2nd class player and shoved to the side for pvp and team players I’ll find another game. I’m not alone in the way I think. I’ve been talking to other players since the dailies changed and they feel the same.

Posted by: Steele.8230

Steele.8230

Put more options in the daily so I don’t have to do a fractal and lower characters can complete the daily would fix this.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I like the new dailies. It’s just odd when you do some PvP and there are only 2 professions in a game with 20 people.

They are much easier and quicker to do than before, even if you have to pop into PvP, or WvW to bag a caravan.

Posted by: Xymmerlee.5890

Xymmerlee.5890

I was dismayed this evening to find 2 of the 4 daily choices be fractals. I tried fractals once. I HATED it.

Thanks for the lousy Christmas present. Add me to the list of people who will not complete the daily tasks.

This really sucks.

Posted by: Devildoc.6721

Devildoc.6721

Okay this 2 fractal daily category being on the same day is just.. I think I want to key someone’s car fill it’s gas tank with sugar and slash the tires right now.

multiple things wrong with this.

#1. To complete the daily if you’re PVE you HAVE to do fractals

#2. BECAUSE of this, if you have to pug it you’re going to get mouthbreathers who don’t know what they’re doing because they’re there because they have to do them not because they want to do them

#3. BECAUSE one of the dailies requires running ONE fractal but not completing the entire set of 4 with the boss means you will likely get someone who joins your group, runs ONE fractal, and then leaves group, leaving you searching for group again and possibly having to start over if it takes long enough that people leave the group.

Zapp – 80 Asura Afromancer

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’ve liked the new dailies so far. I was going to say it was a good change.

But today? Today was a failure of the new system. 2 of the 4 for PvE being Fractals was bad.

I’ve never done Fractals before, but I recalled that I needed an item from there for Mawdry (sp?), which I intend to make. So, today was the day to try. Didn’t like it, won’t go back.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Dark Jericho.8609

Dark Jericho.8609

Ahaha, I figured there’d be more complaints after today’s dailies. I rolled swamp, molten facility, thaumanova and jade maw tonight; pretty solid run with just a couple wipes in the radiation room, lol.

Posted by: Lalan.3051

Lalan.3051

I’ve played religiously since the opening day (and beta before that), and I’ve never felt the need to complain about anything before now. But I’m really disliking the recent changes to the daily/monthly system.

I appreciate that you’ve separated PvE/PvP/and WvW, and I don’t mind that you’re only requiring three to be completed. Beyond that, I feel as though I have far less choice and much less to do when I log in.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Nope, they keep repeating on a constant pattern. There is no chest you won’t eventually get again if you keep earning AP – there are only 4 different kinds. You need to earn (“pay”) 500 AP to get an achievement chest (or better). You need to earn 1000 AP to get a large chest (or better). You need to earn 2500 ap to get a heavy chest (or better), and you get a massive chest for each 5000 ap earned.

This I had not noticed, nor kept track of closely enough. I see these chests pretty rarely.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Settes.3960

Settes.3960

New dailies changed my daily routine, but I don’t think that to the better way. I used to fulfill achievements just during normal play without any rush. Now it’s managed by Anet.

There are 2 questions in the game I really hate now – “When is the [Boss]?” and “Any event?”. It’s so pathetic when maps are full of 80s only to do quickly 4 events and go away (especially on maps before big bosses it’s great).

I’m mostly PvE player, but I don’t like dungeons and fractals so I’m not doing them. I was “very pleasantly” surprised that 2 tasks for today are fractals. Brisban Wildlans are in Maguuma area, so we could do also miner together with events. Where is at least the small diversity of play from previous days?

I don’t play PvP at all, but my server is “fortunately” very terrible in WvW so I could finish my dailies there + I tried also EotM after long time. It’s silly when PvE player has score for PvE vs. PvP vs. WvW daily – 2 : 0 : 4.

If there will not be any change with the daily style, could it be possible to change it at least that not every player has the same combination? It could be randomly chosen for each player.

Posted by: Irremotus.7983

Irremotus.7983

While talking about the dailies in terms of wvw/pvp/pve, should there be a separate topic for disliking the wintersday dailies? Either way, I have to say almost all of my guild officers (and leader) has decided to not get the wintersday achievements for anything. They like snowball mayhem, and used to like Tixx’s room and toypolycapse, except they can’t seem to form a party. They have multiple reasons for hating the bell choir, and although they llike jumping puzzles, they don’t like holiday ones. As for me, I don’t like when the bells take a second to register what i pressed, that can make me lose a song until I figure the new pattern (usually it’s either wait one second later, or one second earlier. )

As for the new dailies, I do not like a fair amount of them. After doing some gathering and sight seeing in the Cursed shore, I don’t want to waypoint back to Dredgehaunts just to get 10 rocks. I also do not wish to participate in a 15 minute mission to slay the claw of jormag. I only do that activity when I have free time. Otherwise, I have to log into a character that’s level 78-80, waypoint to frostgorgesound, wait a few minutes for the dragon, and slay him for 15 minutes. Also, telling me I have to complete a scale 1-10 fractal makes me think that you’ll have a daily for scale 31-39. This makes me not want to go anywhere above 29 (not that I can since nobody runs those levels anymore, and the fact I do not like fractals, even if It’s only one instead of the four.) In wvw/pvp, I want to capture points. These are achievable and I have a good chance of success. Capturing a tower/keep/camp will require people to be online with me, and my wvw is being a bit inactive. Pvp, I did not like the old “win three games” achievement, and I certainly do not trying to win with a different class. If you want me to do pvp with a class I don’t have, you have to be kitten me. I have a hard enough time creating a good character name, let alone wining a game. You might as well replace that achievement with a dice that i have to roll once every five minutes, where if I roll a five or six, I get it.

(edited by Irremotus.7983)

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

This I had not noticed, nor kept track of closely enough. I see these chests pretty rarely.

Also keep in mind that even if it does not seem like a huge impact the increase to gold and magic find from a chest affects every mob drop thereafter.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

There are 2 questions in the game I really hate now – “When is the [Boss]?” and “Any event?”. It’s so pathetic when maps are full of 80s only to do quickly 4 events and go away (especially on maps before big bosses it’s great).

Not like this wasn’t happening before hand with event zerg trains and such. It’s a player mentality issue, fostered pretty much by the community itself rather than “this is how ANet wants you to play their game”. (No, they don’t, they’d rather you . . . you know, play their game rather than run the same set of events in a cycle in the same zone over and over. There’s also a difference between ‘not stopping you from doing it’ and ‘intending for you to do it’.)

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Not crazy about today’s daily. Two of the four, PvE one, are fractuals. . . .

Gone to Reddit.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Also keep in mind that even if it does not seem like a huge impact the increase to gold and magic find from a chest affects every mob drop thereafter.

This is true, but I think there’s a good number of people who have insane +% MF who don’t get a Precursor and someone walks up to the Forge, throws in four junk swords and “oh, look, Dusk!” . . .

RNG entirely dilutes the meaning of the +% MF because there’s no telling just what’s going to drop, and no amount of it guarantees anything.

+% Gold, well . . . seriously, since most things tend to drop copper or less than ten silver from my experience? Whee, +10% Gold Find to 100 copper means I get a whole extra 10 copper.

Posted by: Astral Projections.7320

Astral Projections.7320

I realize I miss one aspect in particular about the old dailies. The reason to stay in one map and do more than one task. I also miss the more relaxed feelings they had.

Before there would be something like: rez, kill 50, harvest, variety, recycler and leveler. I could go to my favorite dead NPC map and do rez. While rezzing I kill local mobs and harvest any nearby nodes. Once rez was done I would stay on the map and finish killing 50, variety and harvest. Recycler and leveler was done as I played. Now there is no reason to stay on a map after you’ve done that task. Do your 4 events. Wp out. Harvest your nodes. Wp out. See a vista. Wp out. It feels forced.

And now the zerg during events. OMG the zerg.

Find an event on the map. Get there as fast as you can. Join the thundering herd struggling to tag the few, weak mobs that appear. Get credit. Wp to next event. Rinse and repeat. Not fun. It’s not fun ANet,

With the events it puts me in an unpleasant position, with fully traited level 80s with a mix of exotics and ascended, where I’m racing to get to events and tag the mobs while at the same time I’m trying to be nice and hold back and not do to much damage so others can get credit also. I’m not immersed in the events. I don’t care what the event is about. I’m just trying to tag. Not fun. Not fun ANet.

Before I would do events and a couple others would join me. That was fun. This ^ This version is not. I’m fighting the crowd and not happy to see them there.

Posted by: matty.1052

matty.1052

I generally like the new dailies, but was surprised to see two fractal options for PvE. I did the WvW options instead, then decided to try the fractal one since I want Mawdry eventually anyway. It was no where near as bad as I thought it would be. I can’t say I’d like to only have two PvE options everyday, but having it occasionally wouldn’t be the end of the world. I’ll probably try fractals more often now that I have a little experience with them.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Kentaine.4692

Kentaine.4692

After today I’m definitely on the ‘dislike’ side of the fence about the new dailies. Lately I’ve been staying in DR to do a lot of them (Kryta harvestors and- even though I am bad at it and have absolutely no interest to get better (sorry PvPers, thank the devs for guiding me to your play style because they think they know how I play)- PvP runs).

But TWO fractals BS? What the heck? If this had a remote chance of happening they should have lumped PvP and WvW together and only had two different branches to pick from. Or, better yet and more of a compromise with the players, have four:

PvP – Practice/Unranked/Ranked )like you have now) to complete
WvW – EotM or Eternal Battlegrounds (like you have now) to complete
PvE (Explorable) – events/harvesting/vistas/bosses/champs/etc…
PvE (Dungeons) – Fractals/Dungeons

Surprisingly Dungeon PvEers and Explorable PvEers are about as different as a WvWer is to a PvPer. I mean, WvW and PvP aren’t so incredibly different that they needed their own groups. I waited an hour for a LFG to post on the 1-10 fractals (since I’ve never even wanted to try them until today and now never will) and none popped up. Today I got harvester in Maguuma, capture a point in PvP, and capture a keep in WvW (which turned out to be my own world’s).

Sure, it’s gotten me to play more of PvP and realize how good they have it compared to casual PvEers (it’s going to take me a total of 40 days- 1 unranked match a day, maybe 2- to get the Balthazar back piece, took me six months to get the mats/gold for Dwayna’s) but that doesn’t mean I actually enjoy it. I usually die, since I’m no good and have no desire to get better since I can obviously get skins I want out of it in a much more reasonably ‘casual’ time frame.

Edit: I should note the real reason I don’t enjoy PvP – I don’t enjoy conflict with my fellow man/players. Ever, in real world or virtual world. PvP and WvW are geared to create that (obviously) when GW2’s PvE is geared to get rid of that (everyone can harvest from a node, everyone gets credits for kills they hit…)

(edited by Kentaine.4692)

Posted by: DeWolfe.2174

DeWolfe.2174

Today’s PvE of Fractals or Fractals is kinda bs. There’s no other word for it. Instances play like that shouldn’t even be considered PvE. Make Dungeons and FotM another category all together because they are certainly different game modes.

[AwM] of Jade Quarry.

Posted by: Mishette.5891

Mishette.5891

Up until today (12/25) I"ve been doing the dailies. I only do pve but they were ones I could do. Today we were given 2 Fractal choices. I’m mainly a solo player and don’t do pvp. So today’s won’t get done. I hope they turn around and give us a few more PvE choices.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

As I’ve said before, one problem I saw with the new dailies is bad event scaling with hordes of players in starter zones. After today, I’d say extend that thought to L15-25 and maybe higher zones. In one event in Brisban today, squads of Inquest would run (while invulnerable) to an attack point with 5-10 times that many players dropping AoE on them, only to die as soon as the invulnerability dropped. Anyone who was between swings when that instant occurred was out of luck. You can still tag and get credit, as long as there are enough waves of enemies — you’re bound to get lucky on some. However, I wonder how anyone at ANet could think that enemies that don’t even get to attack is good design.

The other issue that cropped up today was the double fractal thing. It didn’t bother me per se, as I just went to WvW, killed a Dolyak and capped some land. WvW down in the lower tiers is often just a different PvE map, at least at times. However, I’d like to believe that the double fractal daily today was caused by random selection of tasks in 4 different PvE difficult/complexity categories (simple to less simple) and was not a planned rotation that will recur on a regular basis. I can see where it would bother folks who might otherwise be more willing to accept the changes. Either way, you’d probably generate more good will from the player base if this combination did not recur.

Posted by: Blademan.6431

Blademan.6431

There isn’t enough choices for the high variety of players. Those that play every way and have time to sit continuously so team play isn’t affected are spoiled for choice but those who only PvE, and cannot do team play instances due to the possibility of having to leave suddenly for ten minutes or so, and thus cannot commit to it (don’t want to spoil it for other players who wouldn’t want to sit around waiting for a player to return) are basically shafted. Looks like the idea person on this one could possibly have designed the road system round my home town – yeah it’s appalling too. Hope tomorrow is better but wouldn’t hold my breath.

Posted by: felessan.9587

felessan.9587

There needs to be a check in the PvE dailies – 1 world boss OR dungeon/fractal task per day. Make sure this double Fractal task never happens again.