The New Dailies -- Feedback welcome

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

I just want to chime in and say I love the new daily process. I enjoy all game modes, and I feel more rewarded for completing specific dailies. I would only request that the pvp class winner be changed, because it does get a bit annoying with some stacked classes. My friends and I take turns at the daily class, but people who solo queue don’t get that option.

As for the fractals, I was excited to see a double today. It meant I got three pristine relics for completing one fractal! All you had to do was roll swamp and complete it in minutes to finish one daily… For those of you with issues doing fractals: Killing a dolyak in wvw is faster and easier than completing four events on a PvE map. You can go to an enemy camp and wait for the dolyak to appear, run in and kill it, don’t even bother to flipthe camp unless you want to. And if you did to the camp or other players, so what? Respawn and go a different way or to a different map.

(edited by rhapsody.3615)

Posted by: Mishette.5891

Mishette.5891

Don’t get me wrong. I don’t really mind the new dailies but I’ve never done a fractal and today we got 2 of them. For me PvP and WvW are somewhat the same, so why not give us 2 types of PvE to choose from. There is a lot of PvE content in this game.

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Yah, the double-fractal today… not good.

I’m not throwing a fit about it or claiming its the end of the world or anything. I’ve missed dailies before (though usually because I didn’t have time,) and its definitely not some great tragedy or anything. But having 2 basically identical Daily categories, much less ones tied to a very specific activity which not all players enjoy, when they’re already limited to just 4 already is rather lousy. Not just Fractals specifically, but anything. It would be bad to have 2 jumping puzzles or 2 dungeons or 2 world bosses, whatever. With only 4 slots for dailies, there NEEDS to be variety.

If its all RNG that determines the dailies and these two just happened to come up together, then it should be made so that can’t happen. Either put them in the same “slot” or add a secondary check to make sure the two don’t appear at the same time. If its a set rotation and each day has specific dailies, then you just need to swap out one of the fractal ones for this particular day.

Or just give us more than 4 choices in general, and then it wouldn’t really be that big a deal if we “doubled up” now and then.

(edited by Electro.4173)

Posted by: LA GW.6753

LA GW.6753

Others have put forth an idea I want to support. The addition of a fourth ‘General’ tab to Dailies. In this tab, you put back the old extremely generic activities. None of them give a reward chest, but they act as an additional rounder for folks who don’t want to be forced into the more specific activities(kill THIS boss, do events in THIS zone)and still want to get their daily AP.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Today you have to do fractals for the PvE daily. That’s the first time in the history of this game I won’t be completing my daily.

Even as a pure open-world PvE player, i could have live with the new dailys .. until now.
This however is really bad.
The other thing that was already nearly as bad was, when the 4th choice was to do
some “activities”, since those are also mostly more or less PvP modes.

The only thing that i can tell me to calm down is, that i don’t miss on laurels,
and that i before mostly just got 5-6 APs per day, and now i normally get 10
so its not really a loss if i miss one daily each 2-3 days.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Why do people keep shouting about there being no choice but to do Fractals?

WvW and PvP is open to everyone. You have however CHOSEN to not do them. That is not the games fault. It is yours. YOU decide to limit yourself.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Beldin.5498

WvW and PvP is open to everyone. You have however CHOSEN to not do them. That is not the games fault. It is yours. YOU decide to limit yourself.

If people have no problems to beeing forced to game modes they don’t like .. yeah,
but then they could also play directly fractals.

And of course its the games fault, since we didn’t had such problems under the old system .. because of : more choices for PvE.

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I was thinking, maybe this would be a good time for some civil disobedience. If they want to make us play PvP, then let’s play PvP. Let’s join whatever matches are required to clear the daily, and then just /sit until the round is over. Win or loose, repeat as necessary until the daily gets cleared somehow, or you get too bored to continue. We don’t want to PvP, we don’t want to WvW, but if they force us to do it anyways, then the least we can do is not provide a fun experience for any of the other players until they give up on the idea of controlling how we play.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Beldin.5498

I was thinking, maybe this would be a good time for some civil disobedience. If they want to make us play PvP, then let’s play PvP. Let’s join whatever matches are required to clear the daily, and then just /sit until the round is over. Win or loose, repeat as necessary until the daily gets cleared somehow, or you get too bored to continue. We don’t want to PvP, we don’t want to WvW, but if they force us to do it anyways, then the least we can do is not provide a fun experience for any of the other players until they give up on the idea of controlling how we play.

Must i do anything in PvP matches .. or is just logging in and try to be unvisible all that is needed ?

And lol to this thread :
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/New-Dailies-and-random-PvP

Posted by: Krestfallen.8025

Krestfallen.8025

Like many people, I’m here to grouse about today’s PvE daily options. I don’t like doing fractals. I don’t find them fun, and I don’t want to do them.

And before anyone says anything about anything, I have played the kitten out of fractals. I have every fractal achievement, got every fractal achievement during the fractured update, and my fractal frequenter is sitting at 446/500. So yes, I have played fractals, given them a chance, and decided that they aren’t fun for me.

And that’s my problem with the new system. Before I could get dailies doing whatever content I felt like at the time: some days I hung out in Dry Top, other days I got them done in dungeons— half the time without even trying! But it was always possible to do them in a playstyle/area that I felt like enjoying on that particular day.

But the new system (and by extension Anet) doesn’t give a flying kitten about what I enjoy. It doesn’t care wether or not I’ve tried that content before, how many hours I gave it to make an impression on me, or what individual decision I came to as a grown kitten adult about wether or not I enjoyed that content (and that includes WvW and PvP too, not just fractals). It just doesn’t care.

Let’s all just be completely honest here: yeah, the PvPers and WvWers were well serviced by the change (and I’m genuinely glad for them), but that was just blind luck. Anet still doesn’t give a kitten. This isn’t about fun or innovative gameplay. This whole bloody boondogle is about those god kitten ed metrics that Anet keeps obsessing over. I mean holy hell, the fact that the bulk of the rewards are given just for logging in is proof of that. Since when the kitten is typing in my username and password “innovative gameplay”?

All this, and I mean all this, is just so that Anet can go into meetings with investers and CEOs and journalists and whatever and kitten over artificially inflated numbers. “See! See! Look at how many concurrent users we have! See! See! Look at how many more players are entering World versus World! See! See! Look at how succesful we are!”

Look, wether you like the new system or you hate it, wether it’s quicker and more convenient for you or a tediuos waste of your time, wether it gave you more options or took them away from you, we should all be disappointed. Disappointed and disgusted that Anet would rather sink time and resources into this gimmick of a system rather than create and/or refine content that’s genuinely compelling in its own right.

(edited by Krestfallen.8025)

Posted by: LA GW.6753

LA GW.6753

Cos as people have said time and time again, we don’t want to do content we hate. Do you want to do content you hate? No? Then please take your fallacious argument out to the pretentiousness dump where it belongs, kthxbai.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Cos as people have said time and time again, we don’t want to do content we hate. Do you want to do content you hate? No? Then please take your fallacious argument out to the pretentiousness dump where it belongs, kthxbai.

So… don’t?

The ones clamoring about how the new dailies “reduce their freedom of choice,” are the ones who refuse to make their own choices. For some reason, a vast number of players seem to feel compelled to follow the checklist that appears on their screen. They removed all the rewards but AP from dailies, for the purpose of giving you the choice which you refuse to take.

It’s pretty simple. 3 dailies gives you 10 AP. If 10 AP is worth doing these things for you, then feel free to do them. If it is not, then don’t.

lordkrall.7241

But how is it the games fault that people simply refuse to play parts of the game?
One could of course also point out that dailies are in no way or form even slightly required to enjoy the game. You can play whatever you want in the game, without even checking out what the dailies are.

And about the whole “don’t want to do content we hate”: Where to draw the line?
Should people that only login and basically use the game as an interactive chat also get their 10 APs every day for simply logging in and chatting? Maybe they hate all other content in the game?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Of course we all chose to limit ourselves. If they make you dance around in a cow suit 3 or more times, your going to do it, aren’t you.
Yes, we have chosen not to do them. We didn’t have to do them before, and now it is the games fault that our Radiant and Hellfire skins get delayed.
We wont do them now. I can’t understand why anyone would think we would. It will always be our choice what to play here, or elsewhere.

I hope you decide to limit yourself too. Otherwise, remember, that cow suit is open to everyone. Don’t limit yourself to once or twice.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

The ones clamoring about how the new dailies “reduce their freedom of choice,” are the ones who refuse to make their own choices. For some reason, a vast number of players seem to feel compelled to follow the checklist that appears on their screen. They removed all the rewards but AP from dailies, for the purpose of giving you the choice which you refuse to take.

Look, if you don’t want to want to do dailies, then that’s fine. Just respect that some of us do want to want to do dailies, just not these dailies. I enjoyed the old dailies for their little bonus credit for playing. Maybe I spend a bit more effort on reviving, or on getting interrupts, or on dodging, and get a tiny reward for doing so.

And with the new dailies, yes, the meta only awards AP, but it does still award AP, so it’s not nothing. And each individual daily awards bonus rewards, bonus mats, bonus rare items, this isn’t nothing either, but you only get it if you jump through their specific hoops, rather than by engaging in the activities that might be more convenient for you.

Now again, you might not care about any of this, and that’s great, you’re doing just fine. Just respect that other people might feel differently than you, and they aren’t wrong for doing so.

But how is it the games fault that people simply refuse to play parts of the game?

It’s not at all. But it is the game’s fault if it insists on insisting that they do these things that they don’t want to do. Or, rather, it’s ANet’s fault, since they made those decisions. The game is rather inanimate.

I hope.

Should people that only login and basically use the game as an interactive chat also get their 10 APs every day for simply logging in and chatting? Maybe they hate all other content in the game?

Nah, let’s leave the strawmen out of it. When people start demanding that, you can start chastising them for it.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

lordkrall.7241

Nah, let’s leave the strawmen out of it. When people start demanding that, you can start chastising them for it.

But why should they be forced to do content they hate, while others shouldn’t?
Why is it really that different?
I have met multiple people that “play” MMOs simply as interactive chat-rooms, rather than actual games. So those kind of people actually do exist. And why should they have to go out of their way to do stuff when people here demand that they shouldn’t have to leave PvE (which they don’t even have to do) in order to do it?

Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Dadnir.5038

Dadnir.5038

I still can’t understand what they call “rewarding”. I’ve got over 6 thousand hour played, all eight classes maxed leveled and geared, I’m throwing fractal jewel because they just pile up in my bags. Do i need experience? No. Do i need fractal relic? Hell No! Do I need wvw crest? I’ve got over 30 000 of them, I think it’s plenty enough. At this state, I’ve done almost everything I could do despite my terrible drop rate which is terrible even with my 260% base Magic find.
Before, dailies were a kind of redline to follow that was giving me the will to play almost all content everyday. Now, Like today, there are even day when i don’t even wanna do my daily.

No core profession should be balanced around an optional elite specialization.

Posted by: Olvendred.3027

Olvendred.3027

Look, if you don’t want to want to do dailies, then that’s fine. Just respect that some of us do want to want to do dailies, just not these dailies. I enjoyed the old dailies for their little bonus credit for playing. Maybe I spend a bit more effort on reviving, or on getting interrupts, or on dodging, and get a tiny reward for doing so.

And with the new dailies, yes, the meta only awards AP, but it does still award AP, so it’s not nothing. And each individual daily awards bonus rewards, bonus mats, bonus rare items, this isn’t nothing either, but you only get it if you jump through their specific hoops, rather than by engaging in the activities that might be more convenient for you.

Now again, you might not care about any of this, and that’s great, you’re doing just fine. Just respect that other people might feel differently than you, and they aren’t wrong for doing so.

Why do you want to do dailies at all? You want to be able to do them without going out of your way (more than a minimal amount, anyway). But you still want to have a checklist for some reason?

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

One could of course also point out that dailies are in no way or form even slightly required to enjoy the game. You can play whatever you want in the game, without even checking out what the dailies are.

Using your argument, if people don’t like every single aspect of the game, they should feel bad.

Or according to your argument, if you like going to the cinema, you should go every Friday and see whatever film is starting next when you arrive there, no matter what it is.

It’s quite clear the majority of posters dislike the changes and the feeling that they are being driven towards content they do not wish to do, and are expressing that opinion here.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Today’s PvE of Fractals or Fractals is kinda bs. There’s no other word for it. Instances play like that shouldn’t even be considered PvE. Make Dungeons and FotM another category all together because they are certainly different game modes.

While I still dislike the restrictions placed upon PvE players, and like that I can get 3 Pristine Relics and 9 +1 infusions and 1 Tome of Knowledge for doing Fractals lvl 1, and still think that fractals/dungeons should be extra to the 3 easy achievements, just like Wurm, I can tell you that Fractals level 1 is faceroll. Especially after level 50/49. Especially since “Daily Fractal” requires only 1 fractal from the subset of 4, and can be done faster than CoF p1.

20 level 80s and counting.

Posted by: Tiger Ashante.1792

Tiger Ashante.1792

Today, was the first time i’ve passed up my dailies in like 2 years. I guess there’s even less reason for me to log in now.

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I still can’t understand what they call “rewarding”. I’ve got over 6 thousand hour played, all eight classes maxed leveled and geared, I’m throwing fractal jewel because they just pile up in my bags. Do i need experience? No. Do i need fractal relic? Hell No! Do I need wvw crest? I’ve got over 30 000 of them, I think it’s plenty enough. At this state, I’ve done almost everything I could do despite my terrible drop rate which is terrible even with my 260% base Magic find.
Before, dailies were a kind of redline to follow that was giving me the will to play almost all content everyday. Now, Like today, there are even day when i don’t even wanna do my daily.

You know, this is how I see the dailies at this moment. They’ve had the base reward (laurels) moved to the daily log in and have been gutted of content. While I do think it’s a good thing to have laurels in a system that doesn’t force you to grind out a daily on days you don’t want to play, the dailies did give good structure to those who want it.

I’m a little surprised how many people actually base their game play on the dailies, and genuinely enjoy them. I think at this point, dailies should reflect actual game play goals instead of a content treadmill. If they’re going to have any place left in the game, it might as well be one that players want to do rather than something that is well enough ignored.

Perhaps a 4th section should be added. Alongside with PvE, PvP and WvW there could be one with fight centered dailies. It would also supplement each game mode so you can finish your daily in one if you only play one mode.

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

Should people that only login and basically use the game as an interactive chat also get their 10 APs every day for simply logging in and chatting?

Seeing the daily login rewards system, apparently Anet is already going in that direction.

Also, what the kitten, Anet? Double Fractals? I didn’t like the system, but even I didn’t expect that.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

(edited by Astralporing.1957)

Posted by: Morte.5916

Morte.5916

This is not working.

OK, I think I’m done with dailies. I only really want the laurels, which I get for logging in, but I thought I’d give it a week or two and see if it was worth it. It’s not.

Posted by: PlagueParade.7942

PlagueParade.7942

So far, I have to say I rather enjoy the new daily system. Whereas before I never even had to glance at what dailies we had and always managed to do them without a thought in less than an hour. Now I look to see what dailies we have and actually put in effort to do them. I find that I even wvw more often, which, was never something I really enjoyed as much. I like getting more than just an achievement from my dailies. What should be added into this are dungeons as well and not just do a path in CoF but be more specific like doing CoF p3 or AC p2 (the ones that people tend to skip) and give a good incentive to do them like extra tokens or a couple of rares or an extra gold or 2 on completion.

What was a nice edition were the achievements you got from doing Wintersday events. I think this should be a permanent feature as well that should be added to newer content like Silverwastes and Drytop for the time being and later to become achievements for future content.

Posted by: Gorzon.7298

Gorzon.7298

Two fractal ‘choices’ for PvE dailies today…..
Two choices of the same is not really a choice is it? I’m appalled at the bad design of the new dailies. The old dailies were done almost automatically during normal play, now I have to go to specific places to get my dailies.

Posted by: tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

tacticalevilnoodlefox.5694

Double fractals really doesn’t need to happen again. And don’t get me wrong I love doing fractals. My guild and I are always running them at some point in time or another and the extra relics I get for the daily reward has been very nice. That being said this is a holiday. I’m traveling myself and very few of my guild mates have the time needed to dedicate to a full fractal run atm. Which means I’m pretty much not getting daily today.

And PvP or WvW isn’t an option for me. Having to do WvW for map complete is enough of a stress for me, I don’t play this game to make myself uncomfortable.

It may not be a huge deal (one daily missed isn’t going to kill anything), but that doesn’t change the sour taste that could easily be fixed with more variety.

Overall I like the idea of the new daily system. I like not having to worry about being able to complete daily for my laurels, just needing to sign in. I like the extra rewards I get for completing daily tasks and I like that I only have to do 3 now in order to get it. I just think it needs a bit of tweaking (of which people have already given very good suggestions in this thread). If they can smooth out some of the wrinkles then I do think this will be a better daily system.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

The list for the daily PvE achieves today is exactly what’s wrong with this new system. We used to be able to complete multiple dailies just by playing the game. Now we’re dragged around the maps like a bull with a ring through his nose.

Brisban Wildlands? I never go there. There is absolutely nothing there that is interesting, rewarding or fun. There isn’t even a boss there. If there was something interesting, rewarding or fun there, you wouldn’t need a daily achievement to get me there.

Maguuma Miner? Oh please. I can get my copper on many other maps. Why Maguuma? Again, there is next to nothing interesting, rewarding or fun. Ok, there is one boss that is reasonably rewarding. I don’t often get on the boss train these days because after over 2 years, it’s isn’t that much fun anymore.

Daily Fractal, and Daily Fractal 1-10 on the same day? Are you people so desperate to fill in the numbers that you have to double up the achievements? The metrics on this must be failing hard, but then maybe you should have thought about that before you reset the fractal player progress. They are still tediously long too, so nothing is getting me to go there either, not even that stupid spoon collection.

In short, I’m glad I’m a WvW player but I pity the PvE players who are still getting jerked around by that ring through the nose.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: willwheels.1048

willwheels.1048

I agree with tacticalevilnoodlefox, it’s not a huge deal, but it leaves a sour taste. I like having the dailies as an option when I’m pressed for time, and there’s not three that suit the way I play today.

Posted by: Rozbuska.5263

Rozbuska.5263

I must agree. Variety of choices in daily need major upgrade and redesign. System itself is very good but tasks itself are just dumb.

Tekkit Mojo – Engineer
Tekkit’s Workshop

Posted by: Scrivs.4501

Scrivs.4501

Must agree as well. When I logged in this morning and saw today’s dailies I knew that I wouldn’t be getting them today.

[EU] Desolation
Mesmer – Necromancer – Ranger – Elementalist – Revenant

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I got them in WvW, and later did the Fractal ones as well, but I agree. I don’t think there should be two dailies that require people to group. Not everyone will do group content, and some of those people will feel disenfranchised.

Actually today I got every daily except the event one.

Posted by: Opc.4718

Opc.4718

It’s so terrible that you have to actually WORK for those 10 achievement points eh?

Kehlirixx Q | Nixx Q | Classic Bunker

Posted by: khani.4786

khani.4786

Meh. I rolled a level 1 underwater fractal and soloed it to get the “Daily Fractal”. Kill a few krait, swim down a dark tunnel and kite a giant jellyfish into some electric fields. Done in a few minutes. Don’t have to do the full 3+Boss to get the daily done. Ascalon was second so I tried to solo that one too. Got the boss nearly dead and he killed me. That one can be done too as a solo.

But I didn’t need fractals to do my daily because I went to wvw, found a yak and killed it. And for fun I followed the zerg around for about an hour (wvw xp booster) and took everything in sight.

It’s only when you limit yourself to PvE only that you’re going to encounter a problem like this. These are artificial limits that people are imposing on themselves. You don’t need a team to do a single fractal for the “daily fractal” and it doesn’t take that long.

The only complaint I have is that the do events needs to have the zone randomized for every person and/or all the events in the game need to scale better so that when there is a zerg of people there everyone can get credit. While I like being able to do events for the daily with my husband, it would be better to have people spread out into different zones.

I personally love the new daily system overall, but still don’t see why they needed changing. ~Shrug~

khani.4786

I got them in WvW, and later did the Fractal ones as well, but I agree. I don’t think there should be two dailies that require people to group. Not everyone will do group content, and some of those people will feel disenfranchised.

You don’t need to group to do the “Daily Fractal” (the full set one “Daily 1-10”, sure yeah a group would be best).

Roll underwater. Kill a few krait. Swim thru a tunnel. Kite a Jellyfish into some electricity while shooting it. That one is easy solo.

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

It’s so terrible that you have to actually WORK for those 10 achievement points eh?

Totally missed the point. I’m sure you wont be the only one.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Remember, most people aren’t aware of the circumstances with Fractuals. From their limited experiences, it runs like a dungeon. That tends to make casuals uncomfortable given prior experiences here and with other MMOs. Again, while Khani has the experience to know what to do, most lay players will not.

Most people read the daily events as – Run through a dungeon. Twice.

That’s part of the problem.

Gone to Reddit.

(edited by Ardenwolfe.8590)

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

Today’s PvE of Fractals or Fractals is kinda bs. There’s no other word for it. Instances play like that shouldn’t even be considered PvE. Make Dungeons and FotM another category all together because they are certainly different game modes.

While I still dislike the restrictions placed upon PvE players, and like that I can get 3 Pristine Relics and 9 +1 infusions and 1 Tome of Knowledge for doing Fractals lvl 1, and still think that fractals/dungeons should be extra to the 3 easy achievements, just like Wurm, I can tell you that Fractals level 1 is faceroll. Especially after level 50/49. Especially since “Daily Fractal” requires only 1 fractal from the subset of 4, and can be done faster than CoF p1.

Can the fractal lvl 1 be done solo? If so I may give it a try.

EDIT: OK I see from the poster about they can be. May give it a try later today if I can find the time.

(edited by Lazuli.2098)

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I am a fan of the new UI. I am a fan of the new “any 3” setup. I am a fan of the reward structure.

I am not a fan of the choices of dailies and how limited they feel. Bring back the old choices for dailies, keep the new UI, “any 3”, and the reward structure.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Vayne.8563

You don’t need to group to do the “Daily Fractal” (the full set one “Daily 1-10”, sure yeah a group would be best).

Roll underwater. Kill a few krait. Swim thru a tunnel. Kite a Jellyfish into some electricity while shooting it. That one is easy solo.

It’s not easy to solo for many people, if not most people. Having soloed it myself, I know it can be done, but such a huge percentage of the playerbase has no clue how to do stuff like that, have never done a fractal before, and probably couldn’t solo it without a whole lot more practice than they’d probably have playing time.

Meh. I rolled a level 1 underwater fractal and soloed it to get the “Daily Fractal”. Kill a few krait, swim down a dark tunnel and kite a giant jellyfish into some electric fields. Done in a few minutes. Don’t have to do the full 3+Boss to get the daily done. Ascalon was second so I tried to solo that one too. Got the boss nearly dead and he killed me. That one can be done too as a solo.

But I didn’t need fractals to do my daily because I went to wvw, found a yak and killed it. And for fun I followed the zerg around for about an hour (wvw xp booster) and took everything in sight.

It’s only when you limit yourself to PvE only that you’re going to encounter a problem like this. These are artificial limits that people are imposing on themselves. You don’t need a team to do a single fractal for the “daily fractal” and it doesn’t take that long.

The only complaint I have is that the do events needs to have the zone randomized for every person and/or all the events in the game need to scale better so that when there is a zerg of people there everyone can get credit. While I like being able to do events for the daily with my husband, it would be better to have people spread out into different zones.

I personally love the new daily system overall, but still don’t see why they needed changing. ~Shrug~

I’m glad that you were able to solo the fractal to get your daily (it’s what I ended up doing), and I’m glad that WvW is an option for you.

However not everyone is that skilled. My mother plays the game with me sometimes and she would never be able to solo a fractal no matter how easy it may seem to others. And like me WvW makes her uncomfortable (and again I don’t play a game to be uncomfortable I play to enjoy myself).

While you’re right these are self imposed limits, and at the end of the day the daily shouldn’t be a make or break for game play, it doesn’t change the fact that Anet could help players a little by giving us more choices then what we’ve seen today. Why would it be so terrible to give players one more easier to complete daily just because it’s not something you need personally?

Not everything has to be made easy for less skilled players (dungeons, fractals, zones like Dry Top or the Silverwastes), but in the case of something like dailies, that all players are expected to want to partake in, it would be nice if they were considered.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

I am a fan of the new UI. I am a fan of the new “any 3” setup. I am a fan of the reward structure.

I am not a fan of the choices of dailies and how limited they feel. Bring back the old choices for dailies, keep the new UI, “any 3”, and the reward structure.

I could live with that.

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Just accept it.

ANet wants people to play fractals. Achievement hunters deserve to suffer.

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

I could live with that.

I should also mention that I like the login reward. I always did my dailies solely for the laurel. They could keep the login structure as well. The only thing I think they took 2 steps back on was making the dailies so specific. It gives more freedom in that we have to do less to achieve the daily. It’s so limiting in what there actually is to choose from that negates the freedom of having to do less. Why put in a drawback to what is otherwise a cool system?

1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

I did the miner in Bisbane too. This means two flies at the same strike. I addition I completed two deeds in WvW.

Maybe tried to bundle two dailies in a clever way but failed in the eyes of many people.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

I already know the response by saying this but…players really need to learn that GW2 is not defined by one specific game mode. It might be annoying to you, but the game is geared so that at least two game modes are played (PvE + WvW or PvE + sPvP at least).

By playing more than one game mode, the daily comes without even thinking about it.

Also, you cannot bring back the old choices for dailies and keep the current reward structure. At the very least they would have to add some; ex: “do any world boss”, “daily logger”, etc.

I already know the response by saying this but…players really need to learn that GW2 is not defined by one specific game mode. It might be annoying to you, but the game is geared so that at least two game modes are played (PvE + WvW or PvE + sPvP at least).

By playing more than one game mode, the daily comes without even thinking about it.

Also, you cannot bring back the old choices for dailies and keep the current reward structure. At the very least they would have to add some; ex: “do any world boss”, “daily logger”, etc.

GW2 is like any MMO in that it needs to sustain itself by retaining as many paying players as it can. The more people that play the game the more people may spend money on it the longer they can keep it alive and profit from it. Having many different types of game play to appeal to many different types of people aids in that.

What doesn’t aid in that is giving me something that the game expects me to participate in (like dailies), regardless of what type of game play I enjoy, and then forcing me to participate in game play that I know I don’t.

The fact is you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make it drink. No matter how many times you put a daily fractal on the list people who don’t want to play fractals, wont’ play fractals. People who don’t like WvW aren’t going to suddenly flock to WvW. Maybe a few will go there just to get daily and leave, and maybe a few will even enjoy it and decide to stay, but not anywhere near enough to make it worth it to try and force the issue. Esp if you end up causing feelings of resentment in your players.

I like the new daily system overall. I just think it could stand to be tweaked a little to be more inclusive to more players. And less of a stress to lower lvl areas where the mobs barely have time to spawn during an event before they’re cut down >.>

khani.4786

It’s not easy to solo for many people, if not most people. Having soloed it myself, I know it can be done, but such a huge percentage of the playerbase has no clue how to do stuff like that, have never done a fractal before, and probably couldn’t solo it without a whole lot more practice than they’d probably have playing time.

That’s true. I guess I’ve just been playing so long that for me, it just feel silly easy to do lots of things. I can’t solo dungeons, but I can solo a few of the fractals. Just seems like a lot of complaining and not a lot of willingness to at least try here.

Vayne.8563

That’s true. I guess I’ve just been playing so long that for me, it just feel silly easy to do lots of things. I can’t solo dungeons, but I can solo a few of the fractals. Just seems like a lot of complaining and not a lot of willingness to at least try here.

It has to do with comfort zone and enjoyment. Different people enjoy different things. I don’t really enjoy running dungeons. I can run them. I’ve run every dungeon in this game multiple times. I have no problem running any dungeon, including Arah path 4.

But when I get a dungeon daily, in the old system, I never had to do it and often didn’t. Because this is a game and I want to play what I enjoy.

Now a person who doesn’t enjoy instanced content, and doesn’t enjoy PvP is being forced to do stuff they don’t want to do if they want that daily. That’s the complaint here.

Yes, you should have to do something to get a daily. But you shouldn’t have to do something you really don’t enjoy doing. Otherwise, why play?

Posted by: xfer.1789

xfer.1789

However not everyone is that skilled. My mother plays the game with me sometimes and she would never be able to solo a fractal no matter how easy it may seem to others. And like me WvW makes her uncomfortable (and again I don’t play a game to be uncomfortable I play to enjoy myself).

I really don’t think your mother is concerned by +10 AP in her account every day. So, doing 2 out of 4 items in her daily and receiving something for doing it is far better than the previous system, when you had to complete more items to receive a laurel + mystic coin.