The Rarest Weapon in GW2

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

What’s the weapon you’ve seen the least in game? This isn’t necessarily the most expensive, nor do underwater weapons count since then, the legendary spear, trident and harpoon gun would be defacto winners.

Personally, I’ve only ever seen Infinite Light wielded once. When you look at the modest appearance and lodestone cost the reason becomes apparent. That’s a fair pile of orichalcum you need as well!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Light

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I’ve seen Infinite Light a lot over the years, although it is reasonably rare and not as common these days now legendaries are so common. Same with Mjolnir. I almost never see the newer ones probably due to the tiny drop rate. I also didn’t realise how many new, unique skins for weapons are hidden away in rng boxes in HoT

eg Great Capra, Berserkers Ebb (screenshot below), Berserkers Flow, Mordrem, Seer, Velocitas Eradico, Kingmaker, Dandy Bluster and Arkhalos

I’ve also only ever seen the Wurm rifle once. But, it is hideous so that’s no surprise…

Attachments:

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Mace LOL. AN needs to improve every weapon kitten . They should all have some type of use in each game mode

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

nosleepdemon.1368

I got the Mordrem Bow in a noxious pod I seriously debated skipping last night. Could’ve done with being the sabre instead, but one should not look a gift pod in the mouth. Mjolnir is definitely rare, I don’t think I’ve seen it at all actually, certainly not recently. Fused weapons are rare as well, and totally freakin’ awesome.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Immobulus is the one I’ve seen the least, I think. I’ve seen a good number of Infinite Lights, largely from people who grinded out the items to pvp forge the skin before they discontinued the pvp locker.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Hall of Monuments weapons seem surprisingly rare. The Gnarled Walking Stick and Fiery Dragon Sword aren’t super rare, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Wayward Wand in-person.

You basically need a combination of a person who played GW1 pretty heavily (and, therefore, probably played GW2 from the start,) and hasn’t replaced it with another skin they like more since then.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Randulf.7614

Hall of Monuments weapons seem surprisingly rare. The Gnarled Walking Stick and Fiery Dragon Sword aren’t super rare, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a Wayward Wand in-person.

You basically need a combination of a person who played GW1 pretty heavily (and, therefore, probably played GW2 from the start,) and hasn’t replaced it with another skin they like more since then.

Yeah they aren’t as spectacular as later additions to the game so are largely underused. Although I do use the axe on my necro since it fits perfectly in style and colour. And the hammer I use on my revenant because..well it’s free to transmute with and I can’t afford the skin I want atm…..

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

nosleepdemon.1368

HoM weapons probably take the prize, yeah. There is certainly a variety of items to acquire. I was surprised actually – I started a play through of HoT with an alt and since I had a lot of free time this month, I made a concerted effort to check out the game’s collections. I just completed my machined sword, it was good fun and it got me thinking, hence the thread.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

The HoM weaps aren’t seen as often, but not due to people not having them.
I don’t see Zodiac weaps often, I use the staff on my ele, and I honestly don’t remember the last time I’ve seen someone with it or any other zodiac weapon.

A lot of the newer “rare” HoT skins I still haven’t seen ingame, wielded by a player.

There are just so many skins in the game, that everyone can pick and choose what they want to use.

A lot of people with legendary skins, won’t use any other skin, not because they like the skin that much, but because just the fact that it’s legendary, makes it stand out, and if you paid for it/worked toward it, you want to show it off.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

Mjolnir. I’ve never seen anyone with it, and I want it soooooo bad.

~EW

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: rabidsmiles.5926

rabidsmiles.5926

Immobulus is the one I’ve seen the least, I think.

I want this scepter skin so much but I hardly use scepter on my professions so I can’t justify the cost of either buy one or forging it with bought giant eyes. It’s so pretty and lucky charmy.

I’ll toss in Mjolnir, can’t say I’ve ever seen someone with one. All those charged lodestones must hurt…

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Randulf.7614

Mjolnir used to be more common, but I suspect the much higher price encourages ppl to sell or discourages ppl to buy. Although players generally have more money these days, there are many more things to buy to pull them away from saving from such a skin.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

How many have seen the underwater legendaries used in combat?

Anyone?

Yeah. That’s what I thought.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: TheShniper.1852

TheShniper.1852

I love my Fiery Nastalgia (Dragon) Sword!

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Ven Zehn.6573

Ven Zehn.6573

I used to see a lot of mjolnirs, but hammers haven’t seen as much use overall since HoT. Engis and wars are probably the only 2 classes that use em a lot, and Engi gets the Fix-r-upper and the Scrapper Hammer.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

RoseofGilead.8907

Anyone?

I think four of us in my guild have Kraitkin. We’re our own special Kraitkin Club.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

I haven’t seen any Nevermores or HOPEs yet. They seem kinda rare.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

RoseofGilead.8907

Really? I seem to come across at least one person with Nevermore everywhere I go in-game.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Really? I seem to come across at least one person with Nevermore everywhere I go in-game.

Nope. I haven’t seen any yet.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Randulf.7614

Anyone?

I think four of us in my guild have Kraitkin. We’re our own special Kraitkin Club.

*puts his hand up in show of support as an honorary outside member of the Kraitkin Club
I think Rodgort is my least seen legendary. And yet, one of my favs

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Silberfederling.9302

Silberfederling.9302

I have infinite light myself for two years now, and yes it seems a rather rare, how ever i have not seen one person carrying the improvised shield. that seems really quite unpopular…

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I have Infinite Light – being able to clone the skin account-wide makes the effort pay off significantly more than when I finished it. I also put together a volcanus.

People with the full set of Guardian Spirit Weapons and the backpack that unlocks seem pretty rare.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Anyone?

I see Frenzy every time I fight underwater on my Ranger.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

I believe the rarest weapons are those found in the Pinnacle weapon sets. You don’t even get your first one till 29,000 achievement points.

NSPride <3

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

The rarest weapons are the ones that fell through the cracks when the wardrobe was implemented, but which were too high-level for anyone in PVP to actually get at the time. As far as I know, no one in the game has ever had a Destroyer Scythe, for example.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

There are so many rarely seen weapons that its tough to call out specific examples without creating a massive list. I could probably go through the wardrobe of any particular weapon type and find a dozen weapons I’ve never seen anyone using.

Just off the top of my head though, I’ve never seen anyone with either of the Karka bows (Crustacea and Arthropoda) other than myself. And the Delusion staff is pretty darn rare too, not helped by the fact that the only way to get it is via forge / random drop since it became account-bound when they removed Magic Find and they never fixed it.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Jackospades.4802

Jackospades.4802

It’s fairly easy to make but i don’t know if I have ever seen anyone actually use one.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reaper_of_Souls

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: suffish.4150

suffish.4150

Probably the underwater legendaries are the weapons I have seen the least, and I used to spend a lot of time underwater doing the old frostgorge sound champion train, so I have had a lot of opportunity to see them. I have seen kamohaoli’i a few times, kraitkin once or twice and I don’t think I have ever seen anybody using frenzy. That is why my next legendary weapon I make it going to be frenzy!

PvP- Stronlo Beastmaster (Ranger)
PvE- Grolex (Warrior)
PvP rank: 20 Rating: 1864 (season 7)

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Probably the underwater legendaries are the weapons I have seen the least, and I used to spend a lot of time underwater doing the old frostgorge sound champion train, so I have had a lot of opportunity to see them. I have seen kamohaoli’i a few times, kraitkin once or twice and I don’t think I have ever seen anybody using frenzy. That is why my next legendary weapon I make it going to be frenzy!

Worth it, if you ask me.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Xbon.9086

Xbon.9086

chaos/fused weapons, never seen anyone use em.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

Anyone?

I see Kraitkin underwater all the time. If I see a mesmer it has Kraitkin, if I see a necro it has Kraitkin. Gotta believe your eyes

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

chaos/fused weapons, never seen anyone use em.

Plenty of people using the chaos weapons …

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Shinzan.2908

Shinzan.2908

Probably any of the low level skins, or the jokey wintersday weapons. Basically common weapons that have nothing cool or special to them.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: PSX.9250

PSX.9250

Wish i could equip Infinite Light on my Ele.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

I use the wayward wand skin on my guardian, elementalist and mesmer. It has a very cool look, with the blue flames around the claw.

Skins I don’t see at all… well there are plenty of blands skins that nobody uses because they are bland, but I have only once seen Infinite Light, and Mjölnir only a couple of times aswell. Immobulus is also one of my least seen. Vulcanus is a lot more common, but still very cool. Aether/Foefire weapons also more common.

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

(edited by Sirendor.1394)

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Uber.7623

Uber.7623

If we’re counting only 80s, the really low level weapon skins are pretty kitten rare.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: StinVec.3621

StinVec.3621

Nope. I haven’t seen any yet.

It may be about location. I’ve not seen one ‘in the wild’ yet, but I don’t really go too many places anymore other than on the Havoc’s Heir airship. Every time I am on there I see at least six or so different people inside of an hour who have one, sometimes more.

| [“I’d really like this…” — Resource for Gifting Strangers] |
| [Free Ports For All “Not So Secret” JP Needs (and 1st Try Dive Tips)] |
| [Classic Thread: “all is vain”] |

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

The rarest weapon is the one that you want and don’t have …… even if it seems like everyone else has it.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

There are currently only 300 people in the entire game who have access to:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

These are by far the rarest weapons

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements?page=12

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

My Charr warrior, uses the Fellblade, long bow and warhorn. my necro uses the wayward wand, and my main warrior uses the torch when I’m running Berserker, and I used to use the hammer skin when playing PvP till the hammer/GS build became useless for the most part. Thinking on it I’ve used the HoM skins alot. My Engi has the rifle, thief has the daggers. Ele has the staff.

But yeah I use them because I don’t see them, ever.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Randulf.7614

There are currently only 300 people in the entire game who have access to:

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Pinnacle_weapon_skins

These are by far the rarest weapons

https://leaderboards.guildwars2.com/en/na/achievements?page=12

The difference between #1 and #2 on the EU leaderboard is so close – I bet they have a lot of back n forth/ friendly rivalries going for that top spot

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Warlock.7136

Warlock.7136

Eidolon. i have only ever seen mine sense launch. some people have even asked me “what is that back piece?”

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

BrotherBelial.3094

Eidolon. i have only ever seen mine sense launch. some people have even asked me “what is that back piece?”

Yeah, if they had a sword that was the same I probably would get myself one.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Ubik.8315

Ubik.8315

Mjolnir. I’ve never seen anyone with it, and I want it soooooo bad.

~EW

I see it fairly often, maybe it’s because I’m in EU. Quite a few scrappers and raid guards use it.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Do the daily zone events on NA when I’m doing them and you’ll see a pair of HOPES No, pistol/pistol isn’t the best idea for a daredevil but I love my pew pews of light.

I’ve seen .. two? … Nevermores in the wild, and at least one HOPE that isn’t mine. What I don’t think I ever see are the misty blue weapons, like the longbow a guildie who no longer plays made back in the first year or so of the game. Sorry I don’t recall the name offhand.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

I don’t know, most of the weapons I wield seem to be pretty rare, and most of them are easily acquirable.

For the longest time I used the Wolfborn Longbow on my Ranger main. My Guardian uses Seraph mace. My thief uses King Toad pistols. My necromancer uses the wintersday staff and the SAB focus, used to be blue, now red. My warrior uses the Modjnir axe. My Elementalist uses the ebonhawk staff. My other ranger uses the norn torch.

I never see anyone else with any of these items.

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I like the ebonhawk greatsword.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

BrotherBelial.3094

Do the daily zone events on NA when I’m doing them and you’ll see a pair of HOPES No, pistol/pistol isn’t the best idea for a daredevil but I love my pew pews of light.

I’ve seen .. two? … Nevermores in the wild, and at least one HOPE that isn’t mine. What I don’t think I ever see are the misty blue weapons, like the longbow a guildie who no longer plays made back in the first year or so of the game. Sorry I don’t recall the name offhand.

On EU servers I see nevermore alot, not seen the axe or pistol yet.

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Skyworn.5920

Skyworn.5920

Anyone?

Pretty late to reply, but i use my Hakuna-Matata (Kamohoali’i Kotaki) surprisingly on a regular basis. Doing Fracts, farming Orr, ect. Plus no one can deny the HUGE shark effect that comes out of no where when you crit is just plain SWEEEET!

But yes in regards to the OP’s question, Fused. To be more specific, the ones that are selling out in the BL. Fused Shield, can’t even buy anymore, Fused Mace, forgetabout it. Now though ive seen a fused weapon on someone maybe once or twice, its still the ones a see the absolute least. I’ve seen far more “Scythe Staff Skin”’s which, as of now, if the most expensive weapon skin available, than some of the fused skins. And the thing about them is they generally are very good looking skins! Just…the price of them… Why get a skin when you can buy a darn Legendary?

Attachments:

The Rarest Weapon in GW2

Posted by: Millssta.9064

Millssta.9064

What’s the weapon you’ve seen the least in game? This isn’t necessarily the most expensive, nor do underwater weapons count since then, the legendary spear, trident and harpoon gun would be defacto winners.

Personally, I’ve only ever seen Infinite Light wielded once. When you look at the modest appearance and lodestone cost the reason becomes apparent. That’s a fair pile of orichalcum you need as well!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infinite_Light

Smiled on seeing this. Picking Infinite Light my self as my main weapon choice Goes epic with Flameseeker

http://s32.postimg.org/t22ofbc05/Guild_Wars_2_08_05_2016_18_13_43.png

I Don’t Main, 100% Alt