The Unlimited Gathering Tools is tedious!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Evernaila.9362

Evernaila.9362

Hi!
This is primarily as a feedback to the developers – so if this isn’t in the right part of the Forum, please direct me in the correct direction.
Anyway…

So, I just decided to try out one of the Unlimited Collector Items, the Molten Alliance Mining Pickaxe to be precise.
Because, by reading the ingame tooltip for this item;
“This tool replaces your mining pick on ‘ANY’ charachter.”
With a tooltip like that, and with a ludicrous price of 1.000 Gems, I expected this item to provide me with a seperate, soulbound tool for all of my charachters – not a singel item that you are required to mail around each time you want to play a different charachter!

I think it is unresonable to price these ingame items for so much, and with the given tooltip.
There are 2 ways I think this would best be solved with.

1: Upon purchase, you get a mail to all your charachters – and a mail to any newly created charachter – including the item.
Thus, all your charachter has the item avaiable to them.

2: Under the Hero Managment Page – along with Equipment, Outfits and so on – you create a new tab with items that are avaiable to your account that you have bought.
Think of it like the Heirloom system in WoW; You can go into this tab, where it store all of your account-bound purchases, and you can decide here to “Craft” the items that you want.

I realyl hope you take this feedback to heart, because a lot of your ingame items feel somewhat exploitative in how narrow they work, or simply that they do not perform as expected.

Regards!

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Yeah they expect people to buy multiple ones. Which is too crazy for someone of average intelligence to do unless they have deep pockets and love donating money to GW2. Would be nice if we lived in such a convenient world though that placed it gently in something like the Unlocked Rewards box for claiming multiple times.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Any character. Not all characters.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Any character. Not all characters.

This.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

While I like the suggestion to have them on every character, I think the description is rather clear. There is a significant difference between any and all. If it meant all, it would say all.

When your system asks you to “press any key to continue”, do you press all keys?

I didn’t think so.

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Really? It takes that much effort to put the tools in your bank with one char and to take them out with another? No problems and really no time to do that. How can I say that? Well that’s what I have been doing for the past 1 1/2 yrs ….

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I…

What….

How…

#NoWords

#ItHurts

Apparently gaming is rocket science, and I’m just a frickin genius.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Ashen.2907

I…

What….

How…

#NoWords

#ItHurts

LanfearShadowflame…suuuuper genius! Move over Wile E. Coyote.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

I…

What….

How…

#NoWords

#ItHurts

LanfearShadowflame…suuuuper genius! Move over Wile E. Coyote.

Rocket boots right off the edge of a cliff… yup! That’s me!

(I do have one advantage over Wile, though. I have a glider )

(edited by LanfearShadowflame.3189)

Posted by: Rozalina.3196

Rozalina.3196

They just need to add our endless gathering tools into the wardrobe. That way we can preview the different looks when we used them and on each character we’d be able to choose which one we want to use. People will always buy a new look if they like it so they just need to go back down to 800 gems and be put in the wardrobe. It’s just like everything else in this game like gliders/outfits/finishers/mini pets. Now it is time for endless gathering tools to be put in the same wardrobe system.

Evernaila.9362

They just need to add our endless gathering tools into the wardrobe. That way we can preview the different looks when we used them and on each character we’d be able to choose which one we want to use. People will always buy a new look if they like it so they just need to go back down to 800 gems and be put in the wardrobe. It’s just like everything else in this game like gliders/outfits/finishers/mini pets. Now it is time for endless gathering tools to be put in the same wardrobe system.

Verily!
Couldn’t have said it better!

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

A-net has provided shared inventory slots to solve this.
Sadly these are expensive as well and since you disliked the cost you will likely not approve of these.

(Also I still have a Molten Alliance Pick and a Chop-it-all Logging Axe which are soulbound. I should exchange them some day, but they feel so special now! :P + I never learnt about the exchange until it was too late and I’d bought more gathering tools which were account bound. ^^)

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

(edited by Nero.8047)

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

Unlocks are always better. The unlimited tool and the skin should be separate. This way, every unlimited tool you buy would get you an item you can equip to gather, and a skin usable by any character.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Sigh
Well, thank you all for your astonishing comments…
They fill me with… oh, so much more want to see the world burn…!
But anyway!

As for they Any and All – it is true, that Any doesn’t neccsarily mean All.
But if you say for ANY of you charachter, and – again, like I said – with the price they ask for, I think it would be fair of them to just add a simple code that makes it send multiple copies to each one of your charachters.

And it isn’t about this being “Ugh! To hard rocketu-siencu bullkitten…”
It’s about a quality of life improvment that they could easily provide to us players that pay for it.
But, clearly, you fanboys are to dumb to see waht things could be, and jsut accept things as they are – as long as it means you justify your investments to yourself…!

In all seriousness, it’s not any different than buying say… a bag slot. You can use that on “any” character too, you don’t automatically assume you buy it and you get that extra slot unlocked on all your characters do you?

You could compare it to how buying an armor skin in the gem shop used to work, but it only semi applies now with the wardrobe. You only get one physical item which you can apply to a character. Additional items still require some type of “investment” though.

Just because it says you can use it on “any” character does not mean you should automatically assume that you get it on “all” characters. Just requires little bit of common sense.

Taking it further, and thinking about it logically, considering what the infinite gathering tools are – ie convenience items – they are an excellent item for Anet to monetize. So yeah, they are going to want you to buy multiple if you don’t want to keep swapping them from character to character. Just giving you one for every character would be foolish.

(And once upon a time, they were soulbound after you equipped them to a character)

The thing about bags though is that people don’t usually take the time to move them between characters so it isn’t the same compared with gathering tools because people actually do move them around. Wardrobe is an easy answer and fix. It will make the game even better than it is.

Some people don’t move their tools either. shrug But it’s more a discussion of the wording involved and the expectation of that wording.

I don’t think I agree with your idea of sticking them in the wardrobe, which is for skins. Unless you’re talking about allowing us to simply skin our regular tools (like the ori mining pick) with the infinite look if we own the infinite. However, I don’t think that’s what you’re going for.

Rozalina.3196

Sadly these are expensive as well and since you disliked the cost you will likely not approve of these.

(Also I still have a Molten Alliance Pick and a Chop-it-all Logging Axe which are soulbound. I should exchange them some day, but they feel so special now! :P + I never learnt about the exchange until it was too late and I’d bought more gathering tools which were account bound. ^^)

Shared inventory slots are horrible for endless gathering tools because you still have to equip them on each character. There are so many other things that those slots can be used for like the copper fed salvage kit, home portal stone, and more. Endless gathering tools seriously just need to be in the wardrobe.

Evernaila.9362

To pay 1.000 Gems to then solve what should already be provided with further ingame purchases…
Yea… Not a big fan of that idea! XD

Nope, Ingame wardrobe these items hould indeed go.

Rozalina.3196

Sigh
Well, thank you all for your astonishing comments…
They fill me with… oh, so much more want to see the world burn…!
But anyway!

As for they Any and All – it is true, that Any doesn’t neccsarily mean All.
But if you say for ANY of you charachter, and – again, like I said – with the price they ask for, I think it would be fair of them to just add a simple code that makes it send multiple copies to each one of your charachters.

And it isn’t about this being “Ugh! To hard rocketu-siencu bullkitten…”
It’s about a quality of life improvment that they could easily provide to us players that pay for it.
But, clearly, you fanboys are to dumb to see waht things could be, and jsut accept things as they are – as long as it means you justify your investments to yourself…!

In all seriousness, it’s not any different than buying say… a bag slot. You can use that on “any” character too, you don’t automatically assume you buy it and you get that extra slot unlocked on all your characters do you?

You could compare it to how buying an armor skin in the gem shop used to work, but it only semi applies now with the wardrobe. You only get one physical item which you can apply to a character. Additional items still require some type of “investment” though.

Just because it says you can use it on “any” character does not mean you should automatically assume that you get it on “all” characters. Just requires little bit of common sense.

Taking it further, and thinking about it logically, considering what the infinite gathering tools are – ie convenience items – they are an excellent item for Anet to monetize. So yeah, they are going to want you to buy multiple if you don’t want to keep swapping them from character to character. Just giving you one for every character would be foolish.

(And once upon a time, they were soulbound after you equipped them to a character)

The thing about bags though is that people don’t usually take the time to move them between characters so it isn’t the same compared with gathering tools because people actually do move them around. Wardrobe is an easy answer and fix. It will make the game even better than it is.

Some people don’t move their tools either. shrug But it’s more a discussion of the wording involved and the expectation of that wording.

I don’t think I agree with your idea of sticking them in the wardrobe, which is for skins. Unless you’re talking about allowing us to simply skin our regular tools (like the ori mining pick) with the infinite look if we own the infinite. However, I don’t think that’s what you’re going for.

You don’t get what I mean by adding it to wardrobe. When you add an endless gathering tool to the wardrobe yes you get that look unlocked but it also means it unlocks the endless gathering tool for all your characters on your account. If you have a regular gathering tool not an endless one then it won’t be any different from how they are now. With the wardrobe system if you have bought multiple types of endless gathering tools then you can change between the looks whenever you want on each character and use that tool on that character just like outfits or gliders.

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

While I like this idea if Anet would implement this would we be in the same boat as those who own multiple salvage-o-matics when we got the account wide bag slots? No refund or ability to salvage them or trade them for something else. I assume a large number of folk have bought multiples of the endless gathering tools for the convenience and/or looks. With the advent of account wide bags I have read some keep the regular harvesting tools on their toons and just have kept one set of endless tools and swap them out as needed.

I have no issues with purchasing multiple tools though not all of my alts have them. I watch for sales and buy them if I feel I will need them. I hate having to equip and unequip so eventually I suppose all my alts will have endless harvesting tools. (I don’t have that many alts so it isn’t as much a hardship as it would be for someone who has many alts) The convenience is worth the money to me to not have to stop and swap something out.

I think this idea has merit but it might have been something to be implemented early on in the game rather than now. Unless Anet would offer some sort of program to recycle/salvage/trade-in spares I would not want these to go in the wardrobe. I certainly would not expect any refund for the tools or the salvage-o-matics since I have gotten a great amount of use from them and I consider it money very well spent.

Rozalina.3196

While I like this idea if Anet would implement this would we be in the same boat as those who own multiple salvage-o-matics when we got the account wide bag slots? No refund or ability to salvage them or trade them for something else. I assume a large number of folk have bought multiples of the endless gathering tools for the convenience and/or looks. With the advent of account wide bags I have read some keep the regular harvesting tools on their toons and just have kept one set of endless tools and swap them out as needed.

I have no issues with purchasing multiple tools though not all of my alts have them. I watch for sales and buy them if I feel I will need them. I hate having to equip and unequip so eventually I suppose all my alts will have endless harvesting tools. (I don’t have that many alts so it isn’t as much a hardship as it would be for someone who has many alts) The convenience is worth the money to me to not have to stop and swap something out.

I think this idea has merit but it might have been something to be implemented early on in the game rather than now. Unless Anet would offer some sort of program to recycle/salvage/trade-in spares I would not want these to go in the wardrobe. I certainly would not expect any refund for the tools or the salvage-o-matics since I have gotten a great amount of use from them and I consider it money very well spent.

Okay, a long time ago before wardrobe was a thing I really like the magitech armor so I bought a couple of them. When they changed the system to wardrobe they said that if you bought multiple have a look they’d refund you. So, I sent a ticket in and I got my 800 gems and guess what I did with those gems I instantly bought another outfit lol. I’m sure they’d would let people do the same if they added endless gathering tools to wardrobe especially if you bought multiple of the same tool look like 3 endless molten picks.

Aerinndis.2730

A lot of folk were sure they would refund on the salvage-o-matics but they did not.

LanfearShadowflame.3189

Okay, a long time ago before wardrobe was a thing I really like the magitech armor so I bought a couple of them. When they changed the system to wardrobe they said that if you bought multiple have a look they’d refund you. So, I sent a ticket in and I got my 800 gems and guess what I did with those gems I instantly bought another outfit lol. I’m sure they’d would let people do the same if they added endless gathering tools to wardrobe especially if you bought multiple of the same tool look like 3 endless molten picks.

While I can appreciate your general idea, I don’t agree with it. Anet needs items they can monetize and generate an income from. Infinite tools are one of those things.

Besides, when they introduced the account wide slots, a lot of people that bought multiple copies of the the tools, salvage kits, etc, did try to get refunds. They got turned away for assorted reasons. I don’t see it being any different if they magically changed the tools. So people are going to feel “cheated” either way.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

I’ve never bought gathering tools for this reason.

It’s supposed to be convenient, and actually it’s not . Except if you play on only one character or you want to spend hundred of euros only to get gathering tools on all of your characters of course.

Rozalina.3196

A lot of folk were sure they would refund on the salvage-o-matics but they did not.

That sucks but it is different because the endless salvage kits are not like the stuff in wardrobe. There is only one copper fed and silver fed. Endless gathering tools has so many looks just like there are for outfits and gliders so adding them to wardrobe makes sense.

Aerinndis.2730

I just wish it had been implemented early on as I would have enjoyed collecting ‘skins’ for my basic endless salvage kit. Possibly they could implement it with tokens for any spares you had so that when new skins came out you could use the tokens to get them.

Rozalina.3196

While I can appreciate your general idea, I don’t agree with it. Anet needs items they can monetize and generate an income from. Infinite tools are one of those things.

Besides, when they introduced the account wide slots, a lot of people that bought multiple copies of the the tools, salvage kits, etc, did try to get refunds. They got turned away for assorted reasons. I don’t see it being any different if they magically changed the tools. So people are going to feel “cheated” either way.

The thing is shared inventory slots are different from the wardrobe. Wardrobe makes it so on any character on the account can choose whatever they want without having to do anything other than clicking a look. With shared inventory slots the items have to be put in those slots to be able to be used on each character. So, it would be different when they add endless gathering tools to wardrobe.

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

While I like the suggestion to have them on every character, I think the description is rather clear. There is a significant difference between any and all. If it meant all, it would say all.

When your system asks you to “press any key to continue”, do you press all keys?

I didn’t think so.

Wait, there’s not an Any key?

My computer has been lying to me for years!

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Ah yes, another one of those “I don’t like feature xyz”even though it is part of arenanets business model. Then a recommendation with absolutely no balance between arenanets business model and player quality of life improvements.

The day unlimited gathering tools advance from luxury items to common required items this kind of approach might make sense. Until then, at least try to make realistic recommendations.

Posted by: Minx.7521

Minx.7521

I love the unlimited ones, personally. I only bought 1 set, and that set is on my main. If I wanted to use them between characters, I would put it in my Account-Wide-Slots. When they came out and were on sale, I spent about 600 gold to convert to gems to buy 5 slots. That’s 3 tools’ space and 2 more. I don’t see a problem with the unlimited ones at all.

Posted by: Elric Of Melnibone.4781

Elric Of Melnibone.4781

I have several sets of infinite gather tools, but certainly not for all my toons, just the ones I ended up playing a lot. To me it’s a quality of life improvement I don’t mind paying for and I like different skins for different toons.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I have different sets themed for different toons.

I like the idea of of buying a blank template and then purchasing additional “skins” for your tools, accessible via the character menu like finishers and glider skins.

Posted by: Endless Soul.5178

Endless Soul.5178

I guess just unequipping and putting the tools in the bank when logging out of the current character is too much for some people.

~shrug~

Asura characters: Zerina | Myndee | Rissa | Jaxxi | Feyyt | Bekka | Sixx | Akee | Tylee | Nuumy
| Claara
Your skin will wrinkle and your youth will fade, but your soul is endless.

Posted by: Raolin Soulherder.3195

Raolin Soulherder.3195

It’s supposed to be convenient, and actually it’s not . Except if you play on only one character or you want to spend hundred of euros only to get gathering tools on all of your characters of course.

Yea, I never could understand it either. I would think if ppl had the patience to gather at all in the first place, they wouldn’t mind occasionally breaking a tool or having to mail a tool between toons. If that’s annoying, might as well forget the unlimited tools and just convert your gems to gold and buy your mats off the TP. Skip the middleman.

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

There is actually no solution here because this isn’t a problem. Any != All

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

its not soulbound so you CAN use it on any character
plus you dont even need to lose your place in whatever zone you are in now, you can just go to your guild hall or wvw home borderlands and use a crafting station to deposit it to bank for switching
for even more convenience you could buy and use the shared inventory slots for this purpose although from the tone of your post i suspect youd complain even more at that suggestion

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Really? It takes that much effort to put the tools in your bank with one char and to take them out with another? No problems and really no time to do that. How can I say that? Well that’s what I have been doing for the past 1 1/2 yrs ….

It is! That is why I have 3 sets plus another 2 picks. :P

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

With the new account bound slots, I now have a full set of harvesting tools on all my chars. All I have to do is click on them at the beginning and end of each play period. A minor bit of effort for a large amount of convenience. If you want your harvesting tools on all your chars, that’s the way to do it.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Deedrick.4372

Deedrick.4372

If you leave a set of old copper tools in the shared slots, its not even a thing to switch them unless you forget to leave the infinite tools in the bags.

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

If he doesn’t look down, he won’t fall.

Posted by: Tman.6349

Tman.6349

It was super convenient, though, to farm several stacks of the rare frostbitten toolboxes (you pick the tool you need whenever you need it) that were offered at Wintersday a couple years ago. A stack of 50 or so across 17 80s, only using 1 inventory space was pretty epic. Glad I did that. I DO, however, support these QoL upgrades being account-wide. Although, I also believe that refunds for multiples aren’t necessary considering their potential max value with increased char slots.

Leo G.4501

Just to chime in, because I honestly didn’t realize people were actually discussing this:

This is a non-problem. If you swap characters so frequently that you need them to be account-wide unlocks, then you should just pay up the extra gems for the extra convenience. I see absolutely no problem using my airship pass then tossing the tools in the bank before swapping to the next character I want to play. If I’m going to be collecting nodes in open-world or WvW, it’s likely because I’m playing said character for an extended time. It takes all of 2 minutes to transfer the items (I keep my salvage-o-matics in the 2 account slots). If you positively have to have those tools and less than 2 minutes is too much of an investment because you swap characters that often, you don’t feel the need to pay for the extra convenience?

It’s one thing if it was IN-convenient to swap the tools like in other MMOs, requiring you mail the items, spend some currency in the proccess, etc, but that isn’t the case!

So now you want to butt in on the game selling you optional convenience AND push for extra IN-convenience to the consumer and provider by requiring extra requests for refunds if purchases deem it so as well as the provider needing to sacrifice more time and money to provide said refunds or a means of in-game reimbursement?

Need I say more? This is just more mess than it’s worth. Sure, would have been great if the game shipped with unlocking such tools and so forth but honestly? Completely unnecessary.

Ashen.2907

If only he could resist the temptation….

He always looks.

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

Waaaaiit…. Wait. Think about Gliders. Imagine if Gliders generally had this same concept as Unlimited Gathering Tools. Buying multiple Gliders, Account Bound Items, Gemstore exclusive. Wouldn’t we be crying about it? We would love to obtain Glider Skins outside the Gemstore, but we can’t, so far… Is it stupid we buy skins to look more pretty while gliding? – Yes it is but we still do it.

Because of how Glider Skins are I would suggest putting a type of gathering progression in the Core Tyria Masterys. Pff… it would be the same thing as how we Unlock Gliders and think it is OK to bound the aesthetic appeal through cooler skins obtained via Gemstore.

Yes Gathering is different from Gliding but ArenaNet can still get money from it. It would make normal gathering tools more for F2P players. Wardrobe for gathering tools isn’t a bad Idea, I also would love to not worry about accidentally deleting my expensive tools on a character I leveled up and didn’t want to keep or changed my mind.

There are good reasons to make Account Bound Gathering Tools easier for your Characters to access. Anyone live in the dark ages when Dyes used to be Character Bound, even though ArenaNet said Dyes were going to be Account Bound? Understand that this won’t impact how many skins we would buy to customize our gathering tools, I say it is perfectly fair to do this because of how Gliders are currently handled. It would be no different. It would affect the in-game market but I think it is worth the reward to work hard towards earning Unlimited Gathering for your Account. No different than earning in-game-currency to get the tools without real world currency.

• +1 for Unlimited Gathering Tool Wardrobe.

Would we not be able to get back our Tools through Support if it got deleted while on a character? That’s my argument. I do not see why so late in the game that Gathering Tools shoudn’t be changed. Account Wide Dyes happened. I regret deleting the character that had Celestial Dye I bought for 2g. </3 Also don’t forget some Gathering Nodes are unlocked through HoT Masterys. Even more reasons why this change isn’t so bad.

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

The price of the tools is too high and everyone knows it- everyone. That’s right, every single person on the planet currently and everyone that has ever lived and everyone that will ever live knows that Anet is charging too much for the infinite gathering tools.

I bought two sets the first day they were available years ago so maybe it is my fault that they are priced the way they are.

It is a fantastic idea to make the infinite gathering tools like the glider and able to be used via the wardrobe like others in this thread have suggested. It’s just a great idea and better to the way it is now.

We just got the shared inventory slots(which are too expensive, in my opionion- but I love that Anet gave us this option). The ideas others have made in this thread are simply better and… less… tedious.

I bought the first infinite gathering tools right when the very first ones were released. I have never bought any since then. If there was a wardrobe type function as suggested in this thread, I would probably buy most, if not all of the other ones and happily changed and swapped them among my thirty characters that I have(altaholic mmorpg player for several decades here o.0).

Anet would have made more money off me and probably others…maybe more money in total with more happy players buying other stuff too. 1,000 gems for the infinite gathering tools implemented currently has probably cost them a lot of sales from people who would have bought them (or more of them) if they were priced reasonably.

Currently you can purchase HoT and the core game for about the same price as three infinite gathering tools… I know this because I just bought HoT for my friend.

added: Tearthy flame is right! +1 for Unlimited Gathering Tool Wardrobe.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

(edited by Mahaedros.7085)

Leo G.4501

There are good reasons to make Account Bound Gathering Tools easier for your Characters to access.

The difference is Gliders have always been skin exclusive in functionality and existed after the wardrobe feature existed.

Gathering tools are economically linked in that you have to spend in-game currency to gather from nodes. You don’t have to spend in-game currency to glide. Also, Gathering tools are equippable items like weapons. Even Legendary weapons require you to swap them to different characters to use. They aren’t just wardrobe skins you can spread to all your characters because you still have to have a weapon to skin…and it doesn’t copy the Legendary weapons’ properties.

I guess if swapping gathering tools over to characters is too much and should be a feature spread though the wardrobe feature, might as well do the same with Legendary tier equipment. Make it so as long as you have Eternity unlocked, you can just give that status to any greatsword on your account. It’s the same thing.

Posted by: UnitedChaos.8364

UnitedChaos.8364

What….?
1000gems is like a couple hundred gold, just buy a new one if you can’t be bothered storing it.
How often are you changing characters, anyway, that this actually becomes a legitimate issue?

Add “United Chi” to your friends list or guild!

Posted by: Mahaedros.7085

Mahaedros.7085

What….?
How often are you changing characters, anyway, that this actually becomes a legitimate issue?

as often as they want?

do you want people to change character as much as you do? do you want to change characters as many times as they do? do you want people to do what they want to do?

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing – Edmund Burke

Posted by: Drakz.7051

Drakz.7051

I have bough every single outfit, everyone, most of their minis and only the watchwork pick because it gives sprokets, but for the others I would bot but they, I would wait until they are on a sale.

Wonder if this message will be deleted because I am suggesting people wait for the right time to spend? xD

LanfearShadowflame.3189

If only he could resist the temptation….

He always looks.

Lol yes, he does. Without fail. Even after “toe”-ing around and realizing he’s not standing on anything…..

Silly critter

Posted by: Tearthy Flame.1463

Tearthy Flame.1463

There are good reasons to make Account Bound Gathering Tools easier for your Characters to access.

The difference is Gliders have always been skin exclusive in functionality and existed after the wardrobe feature existed.

Gathering tools are economically linked in that you have to spend in-game currency to gather from nodes. You don’t have to spend in-game currency to glide. Also, Gathering tools are equippable items like weapons. Even Legendary weapons require you to swap them to different characters to use. They aren’t just wardrobe skins you can spread to all your characters because you still have to have a weapon to skin…and it doesn’t copy the Legendary weapons’ properties.

I guess if swapping gathering tools over to characters is too much and should be a feature spread though the wardrobe feature, might as well do the same with Legendary tier equipment. Make it so as long as you have Eternity unlocked, you can just give that status to any greatsword on your account. It’s the same thing.

Legendary gear isn’t apart of this discussion, it is account bound but it has no aesthetic link to the Gemstore, it is crafted or bought through the in-game market. Also, Legendary Armor will be earned through specific content within the game only. Legendary gear doesn’t fit as a good example describing why a change to our access to Unlimited Gathering Tools shouldn’t change. This is not an argument that includes Legendary gear.

The way we have access to the unlimited gathering convenience is extremely outdated. The item(s) in whole are linked to in-game but also real world currency. Gathering is a feature within the game, and at this point it should be earned through a system like Mastery’s. If ArenaNet still wants to earn money from it then we have the Glider concept. Gathering Nodes are a core part of the world and Mastery’s, I said so much more than what you quoted from me explaining why this should be a core feature of GW2. It’s another reason to buy the game than remain a F2P player forever.

I also mentioned them affecting the in-game market, I am still aware of this. Yet it doesn’t keep Unlimited Gathering from affecting the market anyway, it’s still a feature within the game that anyone can get. But there is still the risk of losing this convenience through accidental deletion. Through Character Delete or other.

Why should this feature not be apart of the core Mastery’s? Why should we not have a Account Wide convenience and assurance we aren’t going to ever lose our hard earned feature? I would rather a Tyria Gathering Mastery Tab than just Buy my way to Unlimited Gathering. Mastery’s aren’t perfect right now but it’s a great way to make Gathering more important and feel like we earned to use it.

“I don’t take insults from a tree! Have at you, leafy!”

Posted by: Liewec.2896

Liewec.2896

they expect you to buy 3 tools for each of your 8+ chars obviously,
inconvenient convenience items.

personally i think they should make it like the hellfire gloves etc, when you unlock them you can go to a tab and get them on any char.