The cultural armor set prices

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Flyfunner.2093

Flyfunner.2093

I posted a question in another thread but just to derail this a bit: I heard sylvari t3 cultural armors glow. Does the same glow for asura t3/t2?

Sylvari cultural armor adopts the color of the sylvari. So if the sylvari has green skin, the armor will have a green tint on it. This is to give the appearence that the armor is growing from the sylvari.
For asura, the tier 3 heavy has lines in it that glow, akin to a TRON theme. Which is what i’m saving up for. Even got a pact war hammer and azure rifle which also have the tron theme

Posted by: Hyena.7963

Hyena.7963

@ Hyena – I see your point, but the problem is that in a game where you can literally buy gold from the developer, NOTHING is really exclusive or prestigious. It takes ZERO work to buy gems—>gold and then buy cultural armor, which is why I personally feel like it should be like the cultural weapons and purchased with an in game currency that can NOT be bought with real $$$ and must be earned.

Okay, so nothing is exclusive or prestigious.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and buy the T3 armor.

What, you can’t? Then that makes it exclusive.

I’m going to disagree with the fact that it takes “zero effort” to buy gems. Do you have any idea how much money, how much real life money it would take to purchase an entire set of Tier 3 armor? Here’s how much:

You can get 800 gems for $10.

800 gems can be converted to…. Well, let’s be generous and assume 1G per 100 gems.

800 gems becomes 8 gold.

You need 120 gold to buy a set of Tier 3 cultural armor.

At 1 G/100 gems that means you need 12,000 gems.

You would need $150 of actual money to buy the full set, and that’s assuming an exchange rate that you will probably never ever see. The reality is that it’s far more expensive than even that, which means you’re spending something like $200+ on pixels. If you don’t consider that a hurdle then you’ve either never had to work for your money or you have a massively disposable income.

Either way, the price makes the armor exclusive, and the fact that it’s exclusive makes it valuable.

For the record however, I haven’t spent a dime on this game since I bought it (because I don’t have a massively disposable income) and I have a full set of T3 armor on one of my characters (minus the helmet, though I could buy it right now if I wanted). All the gold I have I earned through the game itself. I didn’t buy it from anyone and I certainly didn’t hack.

Which, in the end, was why I bought it. It’s something that can’t be earned by a couple of trips through a dungeon or by farming an event for a weekend. It’s the most exclusive thing in the game right after legendary weapons, and I think that’s a good thing.

(edited by Hyena.7963)

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

@ Hyena – I see your point, but the problem is that in a game where you can literally buy gold from the developer, NOTHING is really exclusive or prestigious. It takes ZERO work to buy gems—>gold and then buy cultural armor, which is why I personally feel like it should be like the cultural weapons and purchased with an in game currency that can NOT be bought with real $$$ and must be earned.

Okay, so nothing is exclusive or prestigious.

Well, what are you waiting for? Go ahead and buy the T3 armor.

What, you can’t? Then that makes it exclusive.

I’m going to disagree with the fact that it takes “zero effort” to buy gems. Do you have any idea how much money, how much real life money it would take to purchase an entire set of Tier 3 armor? Here’s how much:

You can get 800 gems for $10.

800 gems can be converted to…. Well, let’s be generous and assume 1G per 100 gems.

800 gems becomes 8 gold.

You need 120 gold to buy a set of Tier 3 cultural armor.

At 1 G/100 gems that means you need 12,000 gems.

You would need $150 of actual money to buy the full set, and that’s assuming an exchange rate that you will probably never ever see. The reality is that it’s far more expensive than even that, which means you’re spending something like $200+ on pixels. If you don’t consider that a hurdle then you’ve either never had to work for your money or you have a massively disposable income.

Either way, the price makes the armor exclusive, and the fact that it’s exclusive makes it valuable.

For the record however, I haven’t spent a dime on this game since I bought it (because I don’t have a massively disposable income) and I have a full set of T3 armor on one of my characters (minus the helmet, though I could buy it right now if I wanted). All the gold I have I earned through the game itself. I didn’t buy it from anyone and I certainly didn’t hack.

Which, in the end, was why I bought it. It’s something that can’t be earned by a couple of trips through a dungeon or by farming an event for a weekend. It’s the most exclusive thing in the game right after legendary weapons, and I think that’s a good thing.

I can afford the whole set, but it’s a waste of money. The armor is not worth it in my opinion because it…

A) does not have near the effects or awe as some of the dungeon sets

B) is too costly for a skin, the stats in most of the cultural armor is a joke

C) redistricted to 1/5 of the population and 2/3rds of that armor is restricted due to class

For as much gold as they are asking, that armor has to look great. There are too many other sets which are easy to obtain and actually look better to warrant that price for most of the players.

Because none of my cultural armor is attractive I have a hard time even grasping the idea I would ever spend more than a few silver on any of it.

I wish I could wear some of the human or norn armor, but I’m stuck with Sylvari for now.

Posted by: Fairymore.8609

Fairymore.8609

I have always been under the impression that the cultural Tier gear is mainly for cosmetic use. Therefore the price of it can be extremely high as we see with T3 (often the best looking in my opinion). High to give it a mild sense of exclusivity and perhaps to encourage buying gems to trade for gold.

If the cultural tier gear had set bonuses then i would be convinced that they were meant to be bought by the majority if not all players and that their prices should be more reasonable.

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

It’s meant to be transmuted onto armor that has stats you want. It’s not purely there for the cosmetics.

P.S. The charr heavy t3 armor is the best looking heavy armor in the game (minus the boots, which make your charr look like they have chicken legs).

Nothing beats the dragon faced helm. I get asked daily where I got it.

Posted by: Retrobond.4798

Retrobond.4798

Wow this thread derailed so much.

As was stated, I was under the impression the Cultural Armor’s prices were raised because it was being bought and sold for a higher profit. But it seems like the prices were just a huge typo that was skipped over during development.

If this was the case and this is how much ANet intended the prices to be, I’m fine with it. I’d repeat that I was under the impression the previous prices were the correct prices. And I’ll leave this thread now.

fellyn.5083

Wow this thread derailed so much.

As was stated, I was under the impression the Cultural Armor’s prices were raised because it was being bought and sold for a higher profit. But it seems like the prices were just a huge typo that was skipped over during development.

If this was the case and this is how much ANet intended the prices to be, I’m fine with it. I’d repeat that I was under the impression the previous prices were the correct prices. And I’ll leave this thread now.

It wasn’t the cultural armor that people were exploiting. It was the faction armors that had their prices increased.

Cultural armors have been the same price since the betas, from what I remember.

Posted by: Shanna.4762

Shanna.4762

It was the weapons that were increased, but the armor for T3 are far too expensive. I definitely agree with those saying it needs to be significantly reduced in price because there’s NO way any even remotely casual player will be able to afford those skins in any efficient amount of time. Not unless they make an easier/faster way to make gold.

Posted by: illgot.1056

illgot.1056

It was the weapons that were increased, but the armor for T3 are far too expensive. I definitely agree with those saying it needs to be significantly reduced in price because there’s NO way any even remotely casual player will be able to afford those skins in any efficient amount of time. Not unless they make an easier/faster way to make gold.

Casuals can afford it, I can buy a whole set, but there is little reason to when you can spend less time in dungeons and get a full set of even better looking armor.

Posted by: Korath.7402

Korath.7402

I think the prices are way to high for T3. I’d actually really like to have the set for looks, but there’s no way I’m paying that amount for it. I’d be happy if they either brought to gold prices down to a more reasonable level, or switched them to being expensive karma items so I would have something to spend all my useless karma on.

fellyn.5083

Aesthetics are purely subjective. To you they don’t look good. To others they do. To me most of the dungeon armors are bland.

Posted by: azurrei.5691

azurrei.5691

@ Hyena – do you realize how much money people throw at these games? $150 is nothing compared to what people spend (why the heck do you think Anet wants in on the action versus gold sellers? spoiler alert: it’s NOT to make it safer to buy gold, it’s to make money). Besides, who the heck buys an ENTIRE set of T3 cultural armor – usually the chest + legs is all you really need – a lot of full sets actually look silly with a few exceptions (typical horrible helms notwithstanding). You can have your opinion, but the bottom line is “exclusivity” can be bought, which makes earning it legitimately through playing the game have little value. Heck, MOST of a legendary can be bought with real $$$, not that any legendary is actually worth crafting.

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

Stop being so uncultured.

aha this made me lol.

just chiming in. i think the cultural pieces and prices are fine the way they are. i see them as aesthetics and i absolutely LOVE the Norn t3 cultural set. when i saw them i was so happy i chose to be a Norn. they aren’t meant for everyoneand if you really want them, then slowly work your way towards them. i think part of the game was designed to take your time, and that is counter-culture of what video games and i guess specifically MMOs have always been (not sure, my first MMO). heck, i’ll even go as far as saying IRL. people want everything, and they want everything now.

there is a TON of great armour out there you can choose from. some can be bought from the TP, some will be drops or chests, many are from karma and some from gold. some you can only craft as well. and if you’ve chosen something, then go for it!

i know, i know, gold making is not easy in this game. some choose to grind hours on end per day, and of course, not all of us can do that, so we gotta take the long road. some choose to use real money, though some are against that. but in the end, everyone’s just choosing their own way to get something they want – so we just all have to find our own. and just know that when you DO finally get it, it’ll be frigging awesome.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

just to add, in regards to aesthetics… there ARE so many different armours to choose from, simply because everyone has different tastes. there are some who won’t mix and match and want a full set. then you ahve people who come aong and say, pssh, who does full sets, check out my mix and match! and there will be people who don’t like light armour, and some who think medium is the best, and those that only like dungeon sets.

again, i LOVE the t3 norn set. and would only wear that as a set. though i’ve seen peopl emix and match and it looks great too. i’m also working on another set mainly from dungeon and other random pieces. and going to upgrade my MF set, but just for looks, not touching the states. why do people do these things? cause it’s fun.

bottom line – if you like it, go for it. if you don’t? doesn’t mean no one will and if they want to spend hours on end or IRL money to get it, then let them.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

I actually kind of like T1 Heavy cultural for Sylvari . Admittedly though im going to mix it with Twilight Arbor .

Posted by: Kojiden.8405

Kojiden.8405

For something that costs so much, with maybe a few exceptions, the cultural armor doesn’t really look better than other options out there. I’ll be avoiding T3 armor like the plague. It’s like being a commander. I don’t see why I should bother with it at all.

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

T3 sets look cool , but its , fashion, and with that comes the price. I find that its insanly overpriced, but as i said fashion comes with the price, i respect that.
On other side Aarskringspier.4702 said he made by lvl 59 u can make 21g. Well its true , but if you involve RNG. We had first time player in event , lvl 6 on 16 (not sure really) thief who got two insanely overpriced items his first run.
But unless this RNG is your friend , there is really little chance for making that money.
Only thing i find a bit bad about t3 is that some classes sets are kinda ugly, they should maybe add some more choices, but as for prices, as i said, its fashion.

Posted by: Knux.6054

Knux.6054

This is how it’s set up in my brain:

Tier 2: Doable with normal play.
Tier 3: Pray that RNG becomes your friend someday.

Server: Yak’s Bend
Main: Crossandra (Mesmer)

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

I plan on buying a set. That’s currently the “goal” I have for my thief. The only piece I might skip on would be the mask since I prefer hoods and hide my head gear half of the time anyways.

I like the prices. It gives me something to work towards, and honestly there isn’t that much in the game to blow gold on. The commander titles at the moment are worthless, and legendaries are something that require a lot more than just gold that I will be making progress towards over time.

I have the appropriate crafts maxed to efficiently gear any alts I make, and I save enough mats to not need to buy any. So besides tomes, harvesting tools, identification kits, repairs and waypoints there is nothing I need gold for. And those require such an insignificant amount that they are barely a consideration.

Also, there is an achievement for 200 gold in the bank. I am going for that achievement and the second I get it, ill be dropping a large portion for T3 armor so my thief can be “finished”.

T3 is the equivalent of GW1s Obsidian, Vabbian, and Elite Kurzick/Luxon armor. The price is meant to be steep and require a commitment to getting. Those that don’t think it’s worth it need not apply.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

Posted by: mulch.2586

mulch.2586

To me, conceptually, cultural armor should be karma items.

I’m the hero of shaemoor. I’m the champion of orr. I’ve defended our towers and keeps in the mists. After all that, you’re gonna charge me money to wear the Seraph’s uniform?

Posted by: Walker.2184

Walker.2184

the tier’d armor is some of the ugliest armor in the game…at least for medium humans…no way i’d ever spend that much money on it….considering the cost….the appearance should be epic

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I’m the hero of shaemoor. I’m the champion of orr. I’ve defended our towers and keeps in the mists. After all that, you’re gonna charge me money to wear the Seraph’s uniform?

You should be rich if you are the the hero of Shaemoor, the champion of Orr, the defender of towers and keeps in the mists.

Why aren’t you rich?!

Posted by: Dash.8027

Dash.8027

the tier’d armor is some of the ugliest armor in the game…at least for medium humans…no way i’d ever spend that much money on it….considering the cost….the appearance should be epic

I love the Tier 3 armor. Almost have the set completed.

Need the helm and leggings.

Attachments:

[Os] Guild | Engineer | Sauer | :3
| http://www.sheriffsauer.com – “Engineer Hanbook” |

Posted by: moonjo.9831

moonjo.9831

I like T3 cultural armors. But at current prices, they’are too expensive.
I would like to see the price halved. But don’t see that happening.

The high price has more impact on player decision than other MMOs because gold you make can be traded to gems (real money currency in-game).
Even if I had the gold to buy it I would probably buy gems for more sensible use of my earnings.
You have money to get an Omega but you will settle for Timex and loads of booze, for example.

Now only if they were also purchasable with karma..

Posted by: panzer.6034

panzer.6034

I vote for changing the cost to a load of karma.

Posted by: Drunken Mad King.8193

Drunken Mad King.8193

I think everyone that wants the price lowered is missing the point. The armor is a skin and that skin is an achievement and a gold sink. There are 3 levels of the armor. You are not buying it for it’s stats. You are buying it for looks and for the achievement of being able to afford the set.

If you don’t like the skin then don’t spend the money on it. If you love the skin then work toward it. I don’t make money hand over fist but I love the asuran T3 cloth armor so yes. I am going to work toward it 1 piece at a time. It will take time but when I have it I will be happy that I EARNED.

Making it Karma priced would be a joke. Karma can be earned in massive amounts so it would equate to simply being given the armor. I think that devalues the armor.

On another character I actually like the Tier 1 better than the tier 3 so again it’s all choice. Go for the armor skin you want and WORK for it. If you don’t feel it’s worth the work then DON’T work for it. Complaining to get the price reduced simply to make it easy simply devalues the armor set which ruins it for others.

mulch.2586

Complaining to get the price reduced simply to make it easy simply devalues the armor set which ruins it for others.

Being able to paypal it, imo, devalues it more than the price.

You see someone in a full dungeon set, you know they did some stuff for it.
You join a pvp match with someone who doesn’t look like a newbie clown, you know they’ve earned some glory.

You see someone with T3, I dunno about you, but I assume they have a credit card. It’s just a couple hours RL wages sent to your favorite goldseller… That’s what devalues it most.

Drunken Mad King.8193

Complaining to get the price reduced simply to make it easy simply devalues the armor set which ruins it for others.

You join a pvp match with someone who doesn’t look like a newbie clown, you know they’ve earned some glory.

You see someone with T3, I dunno about you, but I assume they have a credit card. It’s just a couple hours RL wages sent to your favorite goldseller… That’s what devalues it most.

I don’t disagree with you on that but reducing the price simply devalues it more. I will prefer working for it. So for me it’s still an accomplishment.

Gold has a limited amount of meaning in this game anyway. You get a suit of armor you like, how many more do you want/need? Same with weapons. A couple here or there but after a while you character has limited needs for massive amounts of cash.

fellyn.5083

People keep using the excuse that people are just buying it outright with real money. And yet, how many people know someone who has actually done that? I don’t know anyone who has. Do you? I bet not.

And even if people do spend real money on gold to do it (legally, via gem store), we should be thanking those people for supporting Anet for us.

But yeah, I’ve yet to see any proof that people are actually doing that in great enough numbers that it actually makes any difference what so ever. Just peoples made up theories.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

mulch.2586

I don’t disagree with you on that but reducing the price simply devalues it more. I will prefer working for it. So for me it’s still an accomplishment.

Gold has a limited amount of meaning in this game anyway. You get a suit of armor you like, how many more do you want/need? Same with weapons. A couple here or there but after a while you character has limited needs for massive amounts of cash.

Right, I’m with you on that. I truly like the idea that T3 is some sense of “difficult.” I just wish it were based on in-game actions, like karma +/or finishing your story quest +/or something heroic other than paypal. Heck, buy it with those scrolls you get for skill-points — that makes more sense than gold for armor skins that are emblematic of being a hero of your race.

In terms of needs for massive amounts of cash, I suspect most players are past the “needs” part at this point, and cultural armor is totally optional, just cosmetic. I agree it shouldn’t be cheap.

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

You should be rich if you are the the hero of Shaemoor, the champion of Orr, the defender of towers and keeps in the mists.

Why aren’t you rich?!

Don’t be a jerk. Who said I’m not rich?

But you better believe when you see the Pope, he didn’t have to pay for that fancy regalia himself. Or in-game, Logan didn’t afford his armor on a captain’s salary.

Again my argument isn’t based on how much it costs in gold (or whatever currency on which it might have been based). Rather I was saying it’s something that should have been earned based on heroic deeds, i.e. karma.

Why should you be given an armour for free just because in a personally story you do a lot of good things?

That’s why I said, being the hero of everything, should make you rich, saving the world and whatnot, talking in an ‘’in character’’ view here.

But since the game isn’t ‘’in character’‘, everything is pretty much a game mechanic, and the set exists only for the looks, and it’s something to strive for.

Posted by: MajorMelchett.6042

MajorMelchett.6042

I don’t mind the price at all, it’s a set your ment to work for and as such i can simply deposit 1g a day (about 30 minutes work at 80) and in 3 months i can have the full set (or 2g a day so a month and a half).

In the mean time i have the full Tier 2 to get my cultural on (i’d actully say this set doesn’t cost enough).

Now before some people say “but it shouldn’t take xyz amount of days etc”, it’s an MMO that is ment to last YEARS!, so it taking 3 months (of very casual saving) is perfectly fine IMO.

Do i think the cultural armor costs to much?, nope, i think the earlier sets cost to little (same with the order armor).
—-
@Godmoney – it is actully perfectly possible, if you stick with greens (or very cheap yellows) and sell everything you pickup (and get some decent drops) you can make that easily by 59 (if i didn’t blow all my money on my 1st character i would have had over 15g by 40).

Zilori: Guardian – Desolation.
Zarturo: Elemental – Desolation.

(edited by MajorMelchett.6042)

Drunken Mad King.8193

I again think karma is just given out like candy. My level 43 mesmer (who I will be working on to get the T3 cloth asuran armor) has all the karma they will need to get Orr armor at 80. If I used the karma jugs I get each day. I will have max karma before 80 and will have jugs piling up. You couldn’t create a karma price for armor that wouldn’t be meaningless. Maybe 500k per piece but even then…. I don’t see it.

Posted by: LameFox.6349

LameFox.6349

It seems laughable to me that people are expected to pay so much for armour that is:

A) terrible if not transmuted

B) common to their culture, in both name and practice (except amongst players, of course)

C) can’t be reused without consuming another transmutation stone and piece of armour

It’s not worth it. It’s not worth anything, this stuff isn’t unique or uncommon or special at all. It’s the stuff random NPC’s you pick up off the floor for heart quests wear.

Shameless excessive goldsink is shameless and excessive.

Posted by: AcidicVision.5498

AcidicVision.5498

@Godmoney,

Its possible. Very possible. Sell everything besides green and yellow items you can use personally. Check what yellows are selling for on the TP and if its a significant difference, post it there instead of merching.

Harvest as much as you can so you an craft. And as you level those up, sell whatever you make to the merchant .

When you come across a new zone, 100% it. The provides a nice silver bonus and the items have decent merch value. In Orr you get exotics for 100% areas and if those arent for your class then you can TP them for a gold or more each.

On my first char, since I wasn’t particularly paying attention to money wasted on TP and repair, I had about 16 gold by the time I dinged 80. My second character now is level 70 and is sitting on about 20 gold because I know how to save and earn a little better.

You shouldn’t be so rude.

The Kismet
Dragonbrand

mulch.2586

200k karma is approx what you get for doing all the dailies and the monthly for a month.

500k would be over 1300 dynamic events.

In contrast 119g is ~3 hours at an average wage job for a typical mmo player.

I’d think 100k karma and an eldritch scroll per piece, so 600k karma and 300 skill points for a set. something like that makes it an actual in-game accomplishment, rather than a paypal exchange.

fellyn.5083

You keep going on and on about this hypothetical paypal exchange yet offer no proof people are actually doing that.

Posted by: Proof.3047

Proof.3047

My name is relevant.

Also, no, it should not be changed. Here’s the T3 medium for Norn females, and I will almost have enough gold for another entire set if my auctions sell at any point. If you play smart, save gold, and learn any form of economics, you can get T3 armor easily.

And I plan on also getting a Berserker’s Destroyer Longbow which is about another 50-60g.

Attachments:

Posted by: Jrunyon.3012

Jrunyon.3012

My name is relevant.

Also, no, it should not be changed. Here’s the T3 medium for Norn females, and I will almost have enough gold for another entire set if my auctions sell at any point. If you play smart, save gold, and learn any form of economics, you can get T3 armor easily.

And I plan on also getting a Berserker’s Destroyer Longbow which is about another 50-60g.

Wow, I love that bow, whats it called? And is there a shortbow skin for it?

Nesmee – Thief
[OHai] – Northern Shiverpeaks

Posted by: Sinphul.3091

Sinphul.3091

I’m only level 59, haven’t had a chance to play for a few days and have 21g. If you’re that broke playing many hours a day you’re doing something wrong.

What a bold faced lie. I’ve leveled several characters and there is no way you have 21 g just from leveling.

If you’re going to lie at least keep it believable. It’s honestly insulting that you think we’re all this dumb. It actually kittens me off that you insult our intelligence this much.

You’re just gonna have to be pissed off I guess. I sell and harvest everything. I don’t buy a bunch of crap I’m going to out level. It’s not hard to acquire gold.

Posted by: Lyonell.1753

Lyonell.1753

Personally I would like to see these prices cut to the price of faction armor. For one the cultural armor of most races look like garbage. Charr got some good pieces so do the Norn, but look at humans, our heavy armor look like over sized arms. chest. legs with tiny shoulders and Shredder’s (TMNT).

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/images/albums/Old_Images/Shredder/shredder.jpg

To the people who say this is part of the end game. Is the end game so lacking that I need to put time and effort into buying some ugly armor? kitten

I been 80 since about 3 days after pre sale release. I done most of the game content, explored the whole world, done loads of wvw and elite events. Nothing really gives you a viable way to obtain this not even buying gems. To obtain 119g on gems alone you need to spend about 250$.

Now people say watch the market. Only worthy things in the market are things that you really can’t come by with normal or semi hard core effort, such as pre legendary weapons. Now who would trade a pre legendary weapon for a set of armor with horrible stats?

Over all cultural armor should be an incentive to choosing one race over another and personal taste, not some kind of end gave achievement. Specially since many people don’t give a S….T about achievements.

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

the armor costs more than twice as much as the game. makes sense to me!

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

Jrunyon.3012

the armor costs more than twice as much as the game. makes sense to me!

And the legendarys cost about 10 – 15x as much as the game, whats your point?

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

my point, as you already know, is that it’s a crazy price.

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

fellyn.5083

Personally I would like to see these prices cut to the price of faction armor. For one the cultural armor of most races look like garbage. Charr got some good pieces so do the Norn, but look at humans, our heavy armor look like over sized arms. chest. legs with tiny shoulders and Shredder’s (TMNT).

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/images/albums/Old_Images/Shredder/shredder.jpg

To the people who say this is part of the end game. Is the end game so lacking that I need to put time and effort into buying some ugly armor? kitten

I been 80 since about 3 days after pre sale release. I done most of the game content, explored the whole world, done loads of wvw and elite events. Nothing really gives you a viable way to obtain this not even buying gems. To obtain 119g on gems alone you need to spend about 250$.

Now people say watch the market. Only worthy things in the market are things that you really can’t come by with normal or semi hard core effort, such as pre legendary weapons. Now who would trade a pre legendary weapon for a set of armor with horrible stats?

Over all cultural armor should be an incentive to choosing one race over another and personal taste, not some kind of end gave achievement. Specially since many people don’t give a S….T about achievements.

You said the armor is ugly. Why do you care how much if costs if it’s not appealing to you to use?

That, to me, makes no sense. And I’ve also got enough for my full t3 set and I play the game regularly. I don’t play the market and I haven’t bought gold.

In the future I recommend not making statements as fact when they are the furthest thing from that.

Jrunyon.3012

my point, as you already know, is that it’s a crazy price.

But its not. Its something to work towards, in fact its the ONLY armor set that you have to put some effort into to get. Why would you ruin that?

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: Proof.3047

Proof.3047

My name is relevant.

Wow, I love that bow, whats it called? And is there a shortbow skin for it?

It’s Eir’s Longbow. It’s not too expensive, you can get one for ~7-8g. And there is a short bow version going for a little less than 6g. I’m not sure how it looks though as gw2db does not it in its database.

Jrunyon.3012

It’s Eir’s Longbow. It’s not too expensive, you can get one for ~7-8g. And there is a short bow version going for a little less than 6g. I’m not sure how it looks though as gw2db does not it in its database.

Thanks

Nesmee – Thief

Posted by: ASB.4295

ASB.4295

No it’s not an unreasonable price. Actually, IMO, the cultural armor pieves look for the most part better than dungeon armor, and I’m glad to fork over 100+k to wear them. I’m working towards at least one myself, so I know how it feels.

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

No support, making 119g is easy, farming Orr gives like 2.5g an hour.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.