The direction and state of GW2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cassius.4831

Cassius.4831

I agree with you 100%, OP. When I purchased this game (April 2012, I think), I tried to bring some friends to here, explained them that GW2 wan’t “another MMO”. One of them told me: “It will be, as every kittening MMO. You’ll see it”.

Nowadays, I can only agree with him. The original concept has been corrupted and the manifesto is a big laugh. The ones I’d trusted (devs) were lying, so I finally left the game 2 weeks ago. I read this forums once or twice a week, with the hope that vertical progression is fixed (account bound ascended items or something like that), but only that. I’m playing other games, market is plenty of new games everyday.

tl;dr: I’ve logged in order to vote you four times, a former player since Sept 13th

Um ascended are account bound now. Even the weapons.

Account bound on acquire, but soulbound on use

“Guild wars is for everybody, freedom is ascended, zerg is strength”
~ G. Orrwell, great shaman of the new flame legion, 1984 AE.

Posted by: Valanga.5942

Valanga.5942

This thread will be ignored by ANet.

Every thread wich is not “we love you so much, the game is so perfect i fell in love and left my girlfriend for it” will be ignored by ANet.

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Ah. Thanks.

I have no problem with having different things for different people to do in the game. In fact, it’s kittening amazing. It was one of the big and juicy promises prior to release. That’s how it should be done.

The alternative is forcing every player to do a bunch of things they don’t necessarily want or aren’t even any fun – and that’s where the game is now, and where it’s heading.

WoW, for example, has its famously horrible leveling grind. You can argue you “don’t have to do it” – and you really don’t, just go ahead and run around the starter zones – but it’s a futile argument because of the overall design. GW2 now falls victim to the same fallacy (and the same argument to defend it) – and the way you acquire Ascended gear is easily the most egregious example… so far.

It’s disappointing. It’s a broken promise.

Thats what you get for making stupid rushed reactions.

You are absolutely right that whole ascended idea is crap from start to finish.

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

MikaHR.1978

One of the most common complaints about the game is that the cosmetic progression is a bust and I can’t help but wholeheartedly agree with that assessment. The transmutation system needs to be sloped and replaced by a proper wardrobe system in which you unlock skins. My bank is filled with cosmetic items I’ll never get to use due to the sheer hassle of it all and I dare to wager that I’m not alone in that.

I agree. It’s no wonder their “cosmetic progression” failed, making them add vertical progression into the game. GW2 has one of the worst cosmetic systems I have seen in any of my recent mmos. Even F2P games like DCUO and Rift have wardrobe systems that are so much more user friendly.

Yup, LOTRO was first to implemet absolutely perfect cosmetic system couple a YEARS ago. Thats YEARS were talking about.

Thats the thing, ANEt delivered broken/not there horizontal progressin and then rushed gear grind treadmill to the game instead working on delivering what they advertised for 5 years with manifesto.

Now the game is a mish-mash of crap+BS

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

One of the most common complaints about the game is that the cosmetic progression is a bust and I can’t help but wholeheartedly agree with that assessment. The transmutation system needs to be sloped and replaced by a proper wardrobe system in which you unlock skins. My bank is filled with cosmetic items I’ll never get to use due to the sheer hassle of it all and I dare to wager that I’m not alone in that.

I agree. It’s no wonder their “cosmetic progression” failed, making them add vertical progression into the game. GW2 has one of the worst cosmetic systems I have seen in any of my recent mmos. Even F2P games like DCUO and Rift have wardrobe systems that are so much more user friendly.

Yup, LOTRO was first to implemet absolutely perfect cosmetic system couple a YEARS ago. Thats YEARS were talking about.

Thats the thing, ANEt delivered broken/not there horizontal progressin and then rushed gear grind treadmill to the game instead working on delivering what they advertised for 5 years with manifesto.

Yep, Lotro is a great game. Well it was before Turbine took it over. Can you still buy traits in the cash shop?

Posted by: marnick.4305

marnick.4305

A.net takes feedback very seriously and has shown to do so on many, many occasions. Such statements as yours don’t help anyone.

Please list them. If there were as many as you say it should be easy to do for you … and humorous for the rest of us.

Let’s start with ten, 5 in GW1 and 5 in GW2 to prove they have done this for the past 7 years;
1/ Make Celestial Sigils less expensive
2/ Fix blue IDS weapons not dropping
3/ Give us hard mode
4/ 7 hero parties. After a poll! talk about listening to players.
5/ Make Legendary Defender of Ascalon possible without doing the mind numbing dead levelling. Likewise, to make drunkard less grindy to get.

6/ Give us jumping and more levels, the two most heard complaints about GW1 for some weird reason.
7/ Give a choice of dailies instead of the fixed dailies we had at launch. Furthermore, to give dailies a purpose beyond XP.
8/ Make big bosses, champions, dungeons and jumping puzzles reasonably rewarding.
9/ Account wide achievement rewards
10/ LFG party search.

They’ve come a long way, and let’s be honest … all of those were common complaints even though not all had to be implemented for any reason. I could easily add another 10 things specifically for GW2, changes implemented directly due to player feedback.

To close your eyes doesn’t make you blind. The fact stands that A.net does its utmost best to please the unpleasable playerbase. A lot of stuff has been implemented which wouldn’t have been here without listening to the players. Some of those changes even cost them money, like the wallet, while in-game LFG was not necessary due to perfectly functional 3rd party tools.

If I can’t play Guild Wars 2 at work, I won’t work in Guild Wars 2 either.
Delayed content is eventually good. Rushed content is eternally bad. ~ Shigeru Miyamoto

MikaHR.1978

Yep, Lotro is a great game. Well it was before Turbine took it over. Can you still buy traits in the cash shop?

Ahahahhahahahaah, Turbine developed LOTRO.

Too bad you have 0 facts and relevance.

Vayne.8563

I have lots of facts, too bad you avoided the question. Can you still buy traits in the cash shop. It’s not a hard question. Surely you know the answer to it.

Yes, Lotro had a very nice cosmetics armor system, (I bought all the wardrobe tabs from the cash shop myself), and Lotro has a lovely way of making you pay three times for the same storage. Pay for your bank storage (which wasn’t account wide), account wide bank storage, and cosmetic item storage seperately.

And you think Anet has strange cash shop practices? Go ahead and refute me.

MikaHR.1978

I have lots of facts, too bad you avoided the question. Can you still buy traits in the cash shop. It’s not a hard question. Surely you know the answer to it.

Yes, Lotro had a very nice cosmetics armor system, (I bought all the wardrobe tabs from the cash shop myself), and Lotro has a lovely way of making you pay three times for the same storage. Pay for your bank storage (which wasn’t account wide), account wide bank storage, and cosmetic item storage seperately.

You dont HAVE to pay for anything of that, you can expand bank starge with gold and its quite cheap, and you GET 20 account storage and 20 wardrobe storage.

And ill actually bother with your strawman: yes you can buy traits, also you can sub for 1 month and unlock everything on all of your characters FOREVER.

LOTRO is truly F2P game, if you want to grind it you can play EVERYTHING AND GET EVERYTHING COMPLETELY FREE.

FAIL again, but what do you expect froma guy that didnt even know Turbine developed LOTRO rofl.

Vayne.8563

You dont HAVE to pay for anything of that, you can expand bank starge with gold and its quite cheap, and you GET 20 account storage and 20 wardrobe storage.

And ill actually bother with your strawman: yes you can buy traits, also you can sub for 1 month and unlock everything on all of your characters FOREVER.

LOTRO is truly F2P game, if you want to grind it you can play EVERYTHING AND GET EVERYTHING COMPLETELY FREE.

FAIL again, but what do you expect froma guy that didnt even know Turbine developed LOTRO rofl.

If you want to grind, you can get everything truly free, but I played the game and ended up spending money to avoid the grind. It’s not truly free.

Sure you’re playing with your friends and suddenly you get to an area which they’ve purchased and you haven’t. Oh sorry, guy, I thought you had this.

Well sure you can grind to get it,. it’ll only take a few days. In the mean time your friends are finished with the area and on the way forward.

In fact, I’ve seldom seen a greedier company than Turbine. Nice try.

Vayne.8563

If you want to grind, you can get everything truly free, but I played the game and ended up spending money to avoid the grind. It’s not truly free.

Sure you’re playing with your friends and suddenly you get to an area which they’ve purchased and you haven’t. Oh sorry, guy, I thought you had this.

Well sure you can grind to get it,. it’ll only take a few days. In the mean time your friends are finished with the area and on the way forward.

Ahahahahahahahahahhaha

NO area is locked form you in LOTRO.

And noone cares what YOU did. Because thats what YOU did, FACT is you DONT have to pay anything.

Oh, i didnt mention that wardrobe lets you GET INFINITE COSMETIC VERSION OF ANY ITEM ON ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS. Pure awesome. Not to mention character cosmetic tabs. YEARS ago. What do you get in GW2? Nothing. Nada.

Mention anything you want. My entire guild left Lotro en masse because of Turbines greed. That’s a lot of people. Not that you’d know anything about it, since you don’t play the game.

You don’t have to pay anything. LMAO!

MikaHR.1978

Ahahahahahahahahahhaha

And noone cares what YOU did. Because thats what YOU did, FACT is you DONT have to pay anything.

Oh, i didnt mention that wardrobe lets you GET INFINITE COSMETIC VERSION OF ANY ITEM ON ANY OF YOUR CHARACTERS WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS. Pure awesome. Not to mention character cosmetic tabs. YEARS ago. What do you get in GW2? Nothing. Nada.

Mention anything you want. My entire guild left Lotro en masse because of Turbines greed. That’s a lot of people. Not that you’d know anything about it, since you don’t play the game.

Wow, your guild of 1 quit enamsse rofl

Turbines greed, rofl What would you call GW2 then when you need to pay $$ just to have 1 cosmetic item transmuted ONCE FOR 1 CHARACTER. ON A B2P GAME rofl

If you call Turbine greedy, ANet is over 9000 greedy. FACT

Vayne.8563

Ahahahahahahahahahhaha

Turbines greed, rofl What would you call GW2 then when you need to pay $$ just to have 1 cosmetic item transmuted ONCE FOR 1 CHARACTER. ON A B2P GAME rofl

Turbine is greedy. Most people I know have acknowledged it. And yes, the Lotro population has dropped significantly. There was also a lousy pick up percent on their last expansion. I wonder why.

Posted by: Mackodlak.7961

Mackodlak.7961

Everything the author said is spot on. He said most of what i’m saying in a very “easy to read and understand” way… btw thank you for the achievement.

Some of you say “ascended gear isn’t necessary” – but it is… If you don’t have it now, would be the same if you ran around with rare gear for the previous year instead exotic. It’s basically the same difference.

I agree completely – a no grind game turned into a pure grind this grind that game. You need ascended kitten and you have to grind for it, specially weapons (unless you get very lucky with drops and get the exact stats you need very often as a drop). You need dailyes/monthy for laurels, you need guild missions for commendations, you need fractals for rings and back piece, or you can farm sth else, but in larger quantities. Like if you want to make your ascended backpiece you can always grind kittenloads of t6 and whatnot, or money to buy them.
Then you need to grind daily events even after you finished the daily, but not really, but if you don’t you will take way more time to reach certain tresholds that hold the AP rewards, and you can NEVER get the AP you missed back. It could have been avoided by making 5 AP per day from dailies the maximum.
Also living story forces you to do achievements NOW or NEVER, which is exactly what Proxy said and I agree completely, not to mention I hold them responsible for us still not having expansions, upgrades to current game (except southsun, but that island just sucks anyways, it looks like it was forced out cause they felt they have to give us sth) or fixes to the broken stuff like before mentioned zhaitan fight.

Everything he said was completely true. Every promise they gave us has been broken. We started as a no-grind game, turned into a must-grind game. Free to play with many expansions that would be 6 months to a year apart turned into a fiasco of a living story that is mostly uninteresting with few exceptions, but the biggest problem, offers only limited time content, with, again, few exceptions. And because that has to be done immediately as it arrives or never.

Anet say it’s a chore they have put in front of them selves because us, but now it seems they have made a bad cause it wasn’t ready or they had no real idea so they just gave us sth they quickly made to fill a norm. On the other side it also means a lot of their time goes on living story when it should have been spent on giving us new maps and continent AKA horizontal progressions, which is what they promised in the first place. So a promise of nearly any vertical and much of horizontal progression turned into much of vertical and only limited horizontal progression with players taking a break mission out on much they will never get to see, and will hardly understand what’s going on at the time they joined us again.

MikaHR.1978

Ahahahahahahahahahhaha

Turbine is greedy. Most people I know have acknowledged it. And yes, the Lotro population has dropped significantly. There was also a lousy pick up percent on their last expansion. I wonder why.

Numberz…on no wait…you speak out of your kitten rofl

Vayne.8563

Ahahahahahahahahahhaha

You’re so anxious to talk this game down, that you’ll talk anything else up. It’s time you stopped. Not that this will stop you,. but your constant one liners laughing at people aren’t helping you get your points across. But that’s okay. I’m done with you. I won’t be responding to any more of your posts.

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

Now you are completely wrong here. Turbine IS one of the greediest MMO, that’s a simple FACT. Also, Anet is not greedy, for your information, you can get those transmutation stones as drops, from map completion and you can easily buy them with gold, you also get gem rewards from Achievement chests, so even if you don’t get them as drop you can still get them completely free…

Last I checked Anet doesn’t prevent me from entering ANY of the zones in the game like Turbine does, I have to buy a specific expansion to enter an expansion zone don’t I? And those expansions are way more costly than anything in Guild Wars 2 and they prevent players from playing with their friends. How much did I HAVE to pay over the last 1 year to access all of the content in the game? ZERO.

Check out how much you have to pay to play a “free” game before making uninformed comments. They even have… potions in their store.

Get your facts straight before posting again, comparing Anet and Turbine is terms of “greed” is laughable.

Posted by: Tagus Eleuthera.7305

Tagus Eleuthera.7305

This was a good post. Lots of good criticisms of the game in there… definitely a good read for any dev involved in the game. Even if you disagree with some parts, its definitely thought provoking.

MikaHR.1978

Now you are completely wrong here. Turbine IS one of the greediest MMO, that’s a simple FACT. Also, Anet is not greedy, for your information, you can get those transmutation stones as drops, from map completion and you can easily buy them with gold, you also get gem rewards from Achievement chests, so even if you don’t get them as drop you can still get them completely free…

Last I checked Anet doesn’t prevent me from entering ANY of the zones in the game like Turbine does, I have to buy a specific expansion to enter an expansion zone don’t I? And those expansions are way more costly than anything in Guild Wars 2 and they prevent players from playing with their friends. How much did I HAVE to pay over the last 1 year to access all of the content in the game? ZERO.

Check out how much you have to pay to play a “free” game before making uninformed comments. They even have… potions in their store.

Get your facts straight before posting again, comparing Anet and Turbine is terms of “greed” is laughable.

oooh, yet another one that talks out of his kitten

Man, i enjoy these kind of MISSINFORMED POSTS.

You related to Vayne?

YOU CAN PLAY EVERYTHING IN LOTRO COMPLETELY FREE IF YOU WISH. THATS A FACT.

TURBINE DOESNT PREVENT YOU FROM ENTERING ANY ZONES. YOU CAN CREAT ACCOUNT TODAY AND WALK FROM BREELAND TO ROHAN WITHOUT ANY CONSIDERATIONS (provided you dont et pwned by higher level mobs, which you will be)

OMG…THEY HAVE…wait for it….POTIONS IN THEIR STORE!

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Posted by: Erick Alastor.3917

Erick Alastor.3917

Mika, I was angry at him too, but then I realized that he’s really arguing for the sake of arguing.
He has more than 7700 post and if you count the time he spent to post plus the time that he spent on reading the forum he invested (at least) 400-500 hours here, polishing his white armor.
Do as I do for each of his post ignore him and go on memecenter, you’ll laugh more than he makes you laugh, plus you will avoid the stress of understanding a mirrorclimber.
Again I understand you, but I totally stopped responding directly to him after this and I feel better:

Attachments:

“Otherwise, your MMO becomes all about grinding to get the best gear. We don’t make grindy games.”
- Mike Obrien

Posted by: haviz.1340

haviz.1340

Mika, I was angry at him too, but then I realized that he’s really arguing for the sake of arguing.
He has more than 7700 post and if you count the time he spent to post plus the time that he spent on reading the forum he invested (at least) 400-500 hours here, polishing his white armor.
Do as I do for each of his post ignore him and go on memecenter, you’ll laugh more than he makes you laugh, plus you will avoid the stress of understanding a mirrorclimber.
Again I understand you, but I totally stopped responding directly to him after this and I feel better.

I would definitely post appropriate gif (the one with exploding head) but that would get me another infraction. Cheers, mate.

maddoctor.2738

You related to Vayne?

TURBINE DOESNT PREVENT YOU FROM ENTERING ANY ZONES. YOU CAN CREAT ACCOUNT TODAY AND WALK FROM BREELAND TO ROHAN WITHOUT ANY CONSIDERATIONS (provided you dont et pwned by higher level mobs, which you will be)

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

I guess they offer their expansions for nothing

http://store.lotro.com/en/expansion-packs/

Vayne.8563

Again I understand you, but I totally stopped responding directly to him after this and I feel better:

It’s so funny how people who don’t like the game say I argue to argue, while completely talking to people who argue to argue.

Your bias is showing.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

Nice opinion piece…which is pretty much just that. A very long opinion piece, but you blow it at the end.

You say this could be avoided,. but you don’t really know that. It’s pure conjecture. I’m not sure you’d said anything here that hasn’t been said in countless threads.

Guys, don’t listen to what he says. He posts on any post that has criticisms on the way Anet handled their game (criticisms with a good foundation!) and he always defends Anet, not even looking at the arguments the criticizers give. Sad.

Hey guys, don’t listen to what he says, he doesn’t have a clue about me. If you’re going to ignore the negative posts I’ve made, you have no right to call me out for defending what I like about the game.

Oh look, he doesn’t agree with me, so therefore he’s a mindless fan boi.

Not even close.

Lol. But you ARE a mindless fanboi. All of your posts prove it. You disagree with ANYONE who criticizes this game in anyway (even when it’s good, constructive criticism that we need), and defend it to the death, all while trying to make everyone else seem wrong. If that’s not a fanboi, then I don’t know what the hell it is. You really need to stop sucking Anet’s kitten for once and open your eyes to the COUNTLESS flaws, bugs, glitches, and overall bad things that are present in this game. White knighting a game as hardcore as you do actually hurts it more than it helps it. Devs see people praising their terrible game and think “Oh, nothing’s wrong…we don’t need to improve or fix anything. Carry on!”

Seriously dude. Enough with the fanboi orgasms you have all over these forums. It’s extremely pathetic to watch.

Ummm, even if he does argue against all criticisms of the game, what exactly is wrong with that? What, you can’t like a game in this day and age?

MikaHR.1978

argue against all criticisms

You REALLY ask whats wrong with that? like REALLY?

I encourage you to do some research to see whats wrong with that. Its quite nicely documented.

MikaHR.1978

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

You CAN BUY EXPANSIONS IN LOTRO WITH TP. YOU CAN EARN TP BY PLAYING THE GAME.

AND THEY STILL DONT PREVENT YOU FROM ENTERING EXPANSION ZONES EVEN IF YOU DONT GET EXPANSIONS (IN ANY WAY YOU WANT)

Yup, once you start not being so SHALLOW, you may have a valid point.

maddoctor.2738

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

AND THEY STILL DONT PREVENT YOU FROM ENTERING EXPANSION ZONES EVEN IF YOU DONT GET EXPANSIONS (IN ANY WAY YOU WANT)

It prevents me from making new classes? Access the new quests? Do the new raids? NO, that’s a fact don’t try to make it look better than it is using caps. In fact in order to play Lotro now (a free game) you will have to pay more than if you want to play Guild Wars 2 (a buy to play game)

Try to look at how lotro works first and then come here posting, educate yourself and form proper arguments. Lotro is greedy end of story.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

I encourage you to do some research to see whats wrong with that. Its quite nicely documented.

Goodness you are without a doubt the most annoying person I’ve seen on this forum to date.

You were asked a question, if you wanted to make an impression you could have answered it. Going “I know what it is, but I won’t tell you nya nya” makes you look very childish.
…well even more so.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

(edited by Evans.6347)

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

I see your turbine and raise you a GaiaOnline.

I ? Karkas.

MikaHR.1978

Goodness you are without a doubt the most annoying person I’ve seen on this forum to date.

You were asked a question, if you wanted to make an impression you could have answered it. Going “I know what it is, but I won’t tell you nya nya” makes you look very childish.
…well even more so.

If i wanted to teach i would teach at school or uni.

Since i dont want to i wont do it on random forum either.

MikaHR.1978

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

It prevents me from making new classes? Access the new quests? Do the new raids? NO, that’s a fact don’t try to make it look better than it is using caps. In fact in order to play Lotro now (a free game) you will have to pay more than if you want to play Guild Wars 2 (a buy to play game)

Try to look at how lotro works first and then come here posting, educate yourself and form proper arguments. Lotro is greedy end of story.

Uh-huh bor, cool story.

But i see you wont educate yourself and you DO NOT have a valid point and wont have it either.

I played LOTRO with people that never paid a dime and had any class they wanted and raided just fine.

YOU CAN PLAY EVERYTHING IN LOTRO COMPLETELY FREE IF YOU WANT. FACT.

(edited by MikaHR.1978)

Evans.6347

…well even more so.

Never mind the fact that you need some form of education for that.
At the very least I’m glad we’ve cleared up your contribution to this random forum.

Vayne.8563

Nice opinion piece…which is pretty much just that. A very long opinion piece, but you blow it at the end.

You say this could be avoided,. but you don’t really know that. It’s pure conjecture. I’m not sure you’d said anything here that hasn’t been said in countless threads.

Guys, don’t listen to what he says. He posts on any post that has criticisms on the way Anet handled their game (criticisms with a good foundation!) and he always defends Anet, not even looking at the arguments the criticizers give. Sad.

Hey guys, don’t listen to what he says, he doesn’t have a clue about me. If you’re going to ignore the negative posts I’ve made, you have no right to call me out for defending what I like about the game.

Not even close.

Lol. But you ARE a mindless fanboi. All of your posts prove it. You disagree with ANYONE who criticizes this game in anyway (even when it’s good, constructive criticism that we need), and defend it to the death, all while trying to make everyone else seem wrong. If that’s not a fanboi, then I don’t know what the hell it is. You really need to stop sucking Anet’s kitten for once and open your eyes to the COUNTLESS flaws, bugs, glitches, and overall bad things that are present in this game. White knighting a game as hardcore as you do actually hurts it more than it helps it. Devs see people praising their terrible game and think “Oh, nothing’s wrong…we don’t need to improve or fix anything. Carry on!”

Seriously dude. Enough with the fanboi orgasms you have all over these forums. It’s extremely pathetic to watch.

Ummm, even if he does argue against all criticisms of the game, what exactly is wrong with that? What, you can’t like a game in this day and age?

I don’t usually argue about criticism. I argue about hyperbole and people stating things absolutely when they’re simply opinions. People don’t know how to critique anymore. They slander, offer no evidence and they think it’s fair.

It’s not fair. Not to fans of the game, not to the devs. To be sure, there are plenty of good people on these forums offering constructive criticism. And then there are the trolls. What can you do?

maddoctor.2738

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Uh-huh bor, cool story.

But i see you wont educate yourself and you DO NOT have a valid point and wont have it either.

I played LOTRO with people that never paid a dime and had any class they wanted and raided just fine.

Well that might have happened a very long time ago. I used to play Lotro for quite some time, in fact it’s the MMO, other than GW1, I played the most. Still, after going free to playn Lotro changed completely. Also, I could be wrong but I think you can’t buy the expansion content with Turbine Points, to be up-to-date with the game you need a payment of 80$ (including the latest -upcoming- expansion), that’s more than you pay for a new game. In reality, the game is “buy to play” not free nowadays.

Posted by: EdgarMTanaka.7291

EdgarMTanaka.7291

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Typing in uppercase letter does not realy make you more … what’s the word… People won’t listen to what you have to say just becouse you write in uppercase letters, actually people tend to see it as immature or like you are loosing it.

As a former Lotro fanboi with a Lifetime account I can say that it is not all roses with their “wonderfull” TP-system, there is realy realy much that you don’t need in Lotro but is realy realy usefull to have like Zones and more, if you wan’t a new expansion from only TP you realy have to iether farm Deeds (Achievements) or save TP from your monthly 500 you get for subscribing (Lifetime sub isn’t availeble to get anymore).
I am not gonna say more about that game becouse it doesn’t feel right to bring it up in this forum.

Member of Alpha Swedish Gaming Community – http://www.alphas.se/
Guild Leader of Alpha Sgc [ASGC]

MikaHR.1978

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Uh-huh bor, cool story.

Well that might have happened a very long time ago. I used to play Lotro for quite some time, in fact it’s the MMO, other than GW1, I played the most. Still, after going free to playn Lotro changed completely. Also, I could be wrong but I think you can’t buy the expansion content with Turbine Points, to be up-to-date with the game you need a payment of 80$ (including the latest -upcoming- expansion), that’s more than you pay for a new game. In reality, the game is “buy to play” not free nowadays.

OMG, this is getting really funny.

YOU CAN BUY EXPANSIONS WITH TP.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

Not even close.

I read this, and I have read Vayne’s posts in the past. Lets just say what you are saying is a very gross exaggeration. I have seen plenty of posts from him agreeing with people’s criticism about the game, and he even made plenty of criticism posts himself. What you and a few others have been saying about Vayne is nothing more than “if you disagree with us, you are a fan boi troll” Sorry, but the only trolls I have been seeing are the ones who are the ones trolling Vayne.

MikaHR.1978

You related to Vayne?

AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Typing in uppercase letter does not realy make you more … what’s the word… People won’t listen to what you have to say just becouse you write in uppercase letters, actually people tend to see it as immature or like you are loosing it.

As a former Lotro fanboi with a Lifetime account I can say that it is not all roses with their “wonderfull” TP-system, there is realy realy much that you don’t need in Lotro but is realy realy usefull to have like Zones and more, if you wan’t a new expansion from only TP you realy have to iether farm Deeds (Achievements) or save TP from your monthly 500 you get for subscribing (Lifetime sub isn’t availeble to get anymore).
I am not gonna say more about that game becouse it doesn’t feel right to bring it up in this forum.

Yeah, i should try uppercase, color, bold, because they still dont get it.

Yes, you have to grind TP. But its a FACT you dont have to pay a dime.

MikaHR.1978

…well even more so.

Never mind the fact that you need some form of education for that.
At the very least I’m glad we’ve cleared up your contribution to this random forum.

No, you dotnt need “some kind of education” you need specific kind of education.

Yes, aint internet a blast. For those who want to learn…and i guess for those who dont want as they can have verbal diarrhea in public, such as “whats wrong with blinders?”.

Posted by: eisberg.2379

eisberg.2379

I think you mean Warner Brothers taking over, not Turbine. Turbine developed the game, Warner Brothers bought Turbine and shortly after that LOTRO went Free to Play.

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Now you are completely wrong here. Turbine IS one of the greediest MMO, that’s a simple FACT.

No, that is an opinion, not a fact.

even if you don’t get them as drop you can still get them completely free…

This is incorrect. You cannot get them without spending a minimum amount on the game. Remember that GW2 is B2P not F2P.

Last I checked Anet doesn’t prevent me from entering ANY of the zones in the game like Turbine does,

You might want to check again then. See how many zones you can enter in GW2 without spending any money. Hint: The number is zero. You have to pay to access every zone in GW2.

How much did I HAVE to pay over the last 1 year to access all of the content in the game? ZERO.

Are you claiming to have hacked ANET in order to access, without spending money, content that everyone else has to pay for?

Get your facts straight before posting again

You really might want to check your own facts before pointing fingers. As it stands almost every claim you made is demonstrably false.

maddoctor.2738

Now you are completely wrong here. Turbine IS one of the greediest MMO, that’s a simple FACT.

No, that is an opinion, not a fact.

even if you don’t get them as drop you can still get them completely free…

This is incorrect. You cannot get them without spending a minimum amount on the game. Remember that GW2 is B2P not F2P.

Last I checked Anet doesn’t prevent me from entering ANY of the zones in the game like Turbine does,

You might want to check again then. See how many zones you can enter in GW2 without spending any money. Hint: The number is zero. You have to pay to access every zone in GW2.

How much did I HAVE to pay over the last 1 year to access all of the content in the game? ZERO.

Are you claiming to have hacked ANET in order to access, without spending money, content that everyone else has to pay for?

Get your facts straight before posting again

You really might want to check your own facts before pointing fingers. As it stands almost every claim you made is demonstrably false.

Yes it’s B2P but you don’t have to pay anything besides the game price to get anything you want. That’s a fact. How much did you have to pay to access any of the content they added in the game? ZERO, that’s also a fact. You may twist it as you see fit and miss the point entirely that’s doesn’t make my claims false.

The Free to Play game that FORCES you to use money to access some parts of its content is —-—> that way. Nice try though.

Ashen.2907

Yes it’s B2P but you don’t have to pay anything besides the game price to get anything you want. That’s a fact. How much did you have to pay to access any of the content they added in the game? ZERO, that’s also a fact. You may twist it as you see fit and miss the point entirely that’s doesn’t make my claims false.

What makes your claims false is that they are inaccurate, not anything I say. If one does not have to pay to access content added to the game then anyone could access it, even those who have not paid for the game.

Lets do a test. Call a friend who has not paid for GW2 and ask them to access that added content without spending money on the game. I’ll wait…

The fact of the matter is that you have to pay in order to access either of the mentioned games to its fullest. In LOTRO you can play without spending any money at all, but will miss out on some significant portion of the game without spending money (or spending large amounts of time grinding). In GW2 you cannot play any of the content, including that added content you describe as being accessible without spending money, without dropping some cash on the game. In LOTRO you have the option, if you have more time than money, to get pretty much everything without spending money.

Personally I prefer GW2’s financial model. I really don’t care for dividing the playerbase through content gating as implemented in LOTRO.

Evans.6347

The fact of the matter is that you have to pay in order to access either of the mentioned games to its fullest. In LOTRO you can play without spending any money at all, but will miss out on some significant portion of the game without spending money (or spending large amounts of time grinding). In GW2 you cannot play any of the content, including that added content you describe as being accessible without spending money, without dropping some cash on the game. In LOTRO you have the option, if you have more time than money, to get pretty much everything without spending money.

That’s very correct and sensibly put.

I still fail to see where the whole F2P – B2P discussion is going though. They are two different models. One is not necessarily better than the other.

No, you dotnt need “some kind of education” you need specific kind of education.

Sigh… ¬¬

maddoctor.2738

What makes your claims false is that they are inaccurate, not anything I say. If one does not have to pay to access content added to the game then anyone could access it, even those who have not paid for the game.

No, you don’t have to pay to access content ADDED into the game. Unless I’m mistaken that’s true. Accessing the game itself is a completely different story.

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

You can buy everything in LOTRO with Turbine points. You cannot get the expansions until about a week after release for points though. I personally know someone who did everything without paying a dime just using the points he got playing the game. It is much much more convenient to do some form of payment, just not necessary. Loved LOTRO, still like it, just will probably never play it again. The most I payed for LOTRO was a discounted 3 month sub to unlock fast travel and upper level crafting on all toons.
I much prefer the method ANET came up with though.

Ashen.2907

No, you don’t have to pay to access content ADDED into the game. Unless I’m mistaken that’s true. Accessing the game itself is a completely different story.

So a friend who has not spent money to buy GW2 can play the added content? Or does he need to pay money before he can access that added content ?

When you buy the game you are buying the current content and all future content that may be added (with the possible exception of paid expansions). That is what B2P means. You are paying for all content, but are doing so once through a lump sum payment, rather than in smaller increments over time. I like the model. Its a great idea. I love the concept of B2P with a cash shop filled with interesting cosmetic options. Doesn’t change the fact that you are paying for the content.

MikaHR.1978

That’s very correct and sensibly put.

I still fail to see where the whole F2P – B2P discussion is going though. They are two different models. One is not necessarily better than the other.

Sigh… ¬¬

Yes, sigh….

Vayne.8563

I think you mean Warner Brothers taking over, not Turbine. Turbine developed the game, Warner Brothers bought Turbine and shortly after that LOTRO went Free to Play.

Yep, that’s what I meant. Warner Brothers. Every since Warner Brothers bought turbine, that cash shop has gotten stupider and stupider.

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

You guys need to stop, before you get this thread locked. This is GW2 forum, not one for you to argue about a different game. I really don’t want to see this thread closed, because the OP has some really good points.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…